PDA

View Full Version : Will McPake & Robertson be rushed back for derby?

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Stated this on another thread but what's peoples opinion on this?

I hope not but I can see both being rushed back especially with our powderpuff defence and midfield.

Or do you think both/or one of them will make a difference?

Centre Hawf
19-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Robertson we need back. McPake I can't decide, he's ***** but is he *****r than what we saw today? I genuinely can't make my mind up.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Hope neither start. Should not replace hopeless with unfit. No point. Better playing hungry youngsters that don't want to make their breakthrough in the Championship/First Division next season but would rather stay in the league. Robertson, if fully fit and having game time under his belt, should start. McPake, no.

Winston Ingram
19-04-2014, 09:01 PM
McPake has been fit for a while.

Butcher has already declared his love for the 'admiral'. Apparently he's better

DaveF
19-04-2014, 09:03 PM
McPake has been fit for a while.

Butcher has already declared his love for the 'admiral'. Apparently he's better

McPake (if he is fit) should stroll back into that team. It's incredible to think he could be playing and is being overlooked given the threadbare options we have at the back.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Stated this on another thread but what's peoples opinion on this?

I hope not but I can see both being rushed back especially with our powderpuff defence and midfield.

Or do you think both/or one of them will make a difference?
There is no point if not fully fit and with no game time under belt they would get found out big style and not last the game .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 09:50 PM
McPake in Michael "The Admiral" Nelson, out.

SlickShoes
19-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm personally beyond caring after today, doubt either will make much of a difference or help us score one of these mythical goals I keep hearing about.

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm personally beyond caring after today, doubt either will make much of a difference or help us score one of these mythical goals I keep hearing about.

I find myself watching football on TV... be it EPL, La Liga, League 2 in England or even the conference....

Goals don't seem that hard to score watching these leagues and teams. Then I go watch Hibs and can't fathom how we can find space to score a goal...

KuqiKuqiCoo
19-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Mcpake would ken what a derby win would mean, he needs to play

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Get McPake back in. Even if not fully fit, miles better than ''The Admiral''.

500miles
19-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Nelson started the season well, but looks like he's struggling to compete for a full season. McPake is liable to get sent off if he's still struggling with injury (and he will be, he's not due back for another 3 months, regardless of what he says.)

Would love Robertson to be fit, he's what we're crying out for in midfield.

Baader
19-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Exactly the sort of game McPake would get sent off in again for basically trying too hard. He'd be well off proper match fitness. Not sure if that'd be any worse than Nelson mind you.. The loss of Hanlon has been much overlooked...

gegs70
19-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Mcpake must be better he is strong in the air and although he makes mistake he gives his all....

gegs70
19-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Never mind Mcgivern back next week...

madhatter
19-04-2014, 11:16 PM
Exactly the sort of game McPake would get sent off in again for basically trying too hard. He'd be well off proper match fitness. Not sure if that'd be any worse than Nelson mind you.. The loss of Hanlon has been much overlooked...

Hanlons taken a lot of stick over the years and rightly so. However, he is sorely missed and is our best defender. Needs to improve strength and defensive side but easily best distribution.

Baader
19-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Hanlons taken a lot of stick over the years and rightly so. However, he is sorely missed and is our best defender. Needs to improve strength and defensive side but easily best distribution.

Agree. Can't but help thinking we'd have picked up those few points that would have us possibly safe by now if he'd been in the side... Certainly wouldn't have come from outscoring our opponents...

gegs70
19-04-2014, 11:24 PM
We'd be as well putting 2non strikers up front like mcpake and boateng...the forwards we,have just don't look like goal scorers...

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 09:37 AM

As I said earlier he's been fit for a while.

Match fit maybe not but it's not as if he's just started jogging. One things for certain, he couldn't be worse than Nelsen

Heisenberg
20-04-2014, 09:40 AM
No chance Mcpake will play. Robertson has a better chance of being chucked in but still highly unlikely. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same defence that started against Aberdeen.

SMAXXA
20-04-2014, 10:21 AM
As I said earlier he's been fit for a while.

Match fit maybe not but it's not as if he's just started jogging. One things for certain, he couldn't be worse than Nelsen

he only started back training with the guys on Thursday so will be a good bit away still

Billy Whizz
20-04-2014, 10:23 AM
he only started back training with the guys on Thursday so will be a good bit away still

Hopefully both may get an outing for the under 20's on Tuesday

PeterboroHibee
20-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Id like to see McPake play if hes fully fit. I have my doubts he will be though, and therefore its not worth the risk - he would either break down early which would require changes early on, or as has been suggested, he would end up getting sent off. The defenders being picked at the moment are bloody awful though, and I think Butcher needs to be working on sorting that out. Picking players and hoping they get on with it clearly isnt working!

weonlywon6-2
20-04-2014, 10:45 AM
If they can last 60 mnutes id play them,mcpake no matter what you think about him wears his heart on his sleeve and robertson for me is our best midfielder

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 10:47 AM

I'm pretty sure he tweeted during the week that he'd been fit for a while

SMAXXA
20-04-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty sure he tweeted during the week that he'd been fit for a while

Not doubting that, there being fit i.e. Injury free but back full training with the first team is different. That is why I said he only started back training on Thursday.