PDA

View Full Version : I am very worried

VPHIBEE
19-04-2014, 08:03 PM
We should be playing better!
I have been backing Terry/Maurice all the way, why are they not doing better?
Black eyes and booted arse's must be included in the next team talk!
Play off/Relegation is unthinkable!

I expected a lot more from Butcher, as did we all.

I have been as guilty as the next man saying let's see what Terry does next year.

It is time for Terry/Maurice et al to stand up and be counted this year, and keep us in the Premiership.

Anything less is an abject failure.

Chibs
19-04-2014, 08:10 PM

I have been as guilty as the next man saying let's see what Terry does next year.

It is time for Terry/Maurice et al to stand up and be counted this year, and keep us in the Premiership.

abject failure is not paying your debt's

VPHIBEE
19-04-2014, 08:24 PM

We can all delude ourselves with the Jambo's demise, but is time we all woke up and smelled the coffee!

Chibs
19-04-2014, 08:44 PM
We can all delude ourselves with the Jambo's demise, but is time we all woke up and smelled the coffee!
I do know the smell of coffee .
The death of Homofc will happen

sesoim
20-04-2014, 01:06 AM

The way things are going, we'll be in the same league as them next season, but unlike them, we will be in debt.

matty_f
20-04-2014, 01:08 AM
The way things are going, we'll be in the same league as them next season, but unlike them, we will be in debt.
How will they not be in debt?

RIP Bestie
20-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Yeah and that will make our situation so much better. Small minded attitude I'm afraid.

Cropley10
22-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Yeah and that will make our situation so much better. Small minded attitude I'm afraid.

Crazy isn't it. Hearts are still going to die so that means we're OK.

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Nah... it's lack of capitals and appropriate apostrophes. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
22-04-2014, 07:48 PM

They will be in debt.

Thecat23
22-04-2014, 07:50 PM

Some folks obsession with them is unreal. **** them and **** what they done. It's finished in my eyes and it's about time we pulled our own heads out the sand and started to see the mess we're in. Even if we don't go into the play offs some real issues must be addressed.

basehibby
22-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Totally agree that going down would be an abject failure - FWIW I think we'll stay up but they are not half making us sweat about it. I hope my optimism is not unwarranted, regardless I think we'll all be glad when this season is consigned to the history books.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Some folks obsession with them is unreal. **** them and **** what they done. It's finished in my eyes and it's about time we pulled our own heads out the sand and started to see the mess we're in. Even if we don't go into the play offs some real issues must be addressed.
Thought we had addressed the big issue and you are starting match day thread against hearts and everything else will be Hunky Dory after that :wink:
Let's wait and see what happens when we know what league we are going to be in .Dont think the Board or should I say Rod Petrie will want to make any formal statement at present as he will just be prying we don't end up in play offs .
But agree when we need to hear assurances from Rod what they are doing to support TB re transfers and assurances he isn't going to drag contract talks to point we loose out we need some key players in early .i would assume season ticket sales aren't that great so if we don't get some form of statement backed up by early signings speculation will start and T B will get frustrated and Ticket Sales won't gather pace .
This next window is Critical .Get it wrong and another Season in bottom six without Sevco and Hearts would be final draw for even more folk on here .
I can remember the last time we went down and didn't come straight up and it was a nightmare .some games away from home like Ayr United there were barely a few hundred hibs fans there to watch the team .But I still see some of those same faces at games today .Die Hards stick with the Team but I wouldn't want to go back to those dark days .

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Totally agree that going down would be an abject failure - FWIW I think we'll stay up but they are not half making us sweat about it. I hope my optimism is not unwarranted, regardless I think we'll all be glad when this season is consigned to the history books.Again! We seem tae keep having tae say that before the end of every season along with another 400 quid doon the pan.

happiehibbie
22-04-2014, 08:28 PM
At the moment we seem to have the cart before the horse, If YOU buy a ST we will buy players. I believe the RP STF and GL are all responsible. They must buy players that get the Hibs fans excited simple or ER will be a ghost town next season.

TB and MM have to be given the Summer like me am sure they just want this season finished. I hope that they are allowed to buy players THEY want and improve our situation.

TB has done himself no favours with our team telling them they are rubbish etc that should be done in private.

I hope to hell we beat this lot on Saturday as I believe 3 points will be enough to keep us up but i don't see a win anywhere but football is a funny game.

Kato
22-04-2014, 08:30 PM

Nobody sniffing?

eezyrider
22-04-2014, 08:31 PM

I am worried too - about the amount of threads there are on this same subject. Why on earth start a new one? Aren't there enough for you to join in with?

EZ

Weir7
22-04-2014, 08:35 PM

Whoose going to kick butchers arse for hoofball tactics, rubbish subs during games and not adjusting tactics during games when plan a not working

Thecat23
22-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Thought we had addressed the big issue and you are starting match day thread against hearts and everything else will be Hunky Dory after that :wink:
Let's wait and see what happens when we know what league we are going to be in .Dont think the Board or should I say Rod Petrie will want to make any formal statement at present as he will just be prying we don't end up in play offs .
But agree when we need to hear assurances from Rod what they are doing to support TB re transfers and assurances he isn't going to drag contract talks to point we loose out we need some key players in early .i would assume season ticket sales aren't that great so if we don't get some form of statement backed up by early signings speculation will start and T B will get frustrated and Ticket Sales won't gather pace .
This next window is Critical .Get it wrong and another Season in bottom six without Sevco and Hearts would be final draw for even more folk on here .
I can remember the last time we went down and didn't come straight up and it was a nightmare .some games away from home like Ayr United there were barely a few hundred hibs fans there to watch the team .But I still see some of those same faces at games today .Die Hards stick with the Team but I wouldn't want to go back to those dark days .

Wish everything was hunky dory mate. Good to hear you still see the same faces though. Many have given up on Hibs and can't blame them. It's hard to watch them these days! A win on Sunday will left the pressure and maybe we can look further to next season knowing what league we will be in.

Like you said we don't want to end up down there again.

Barman Stanton
22-04-2014, 08:54 PM

I thought we had always come straight back up? Agree with the rest though.

eastterrace
22-04-2014, 08:58 PM

when was it we went down and didnt come straight back up, i can remember two relegation's in my life time , so when was this other one playing in front off a few hundred spectators.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 09:03 PM
I thought we had always come straight back up? Agree with the rest though.
I was a student then so going back 30 odd years so maybe it just seemed like more than one season in lower league Remember a cup reply against Dunfermline and was gutted we didn't win it and remember thinking it was going to be difficult to get back up .but my memory isn't the most reliable :confused:

andudare2
22-04-2014, 09:06 PM
This next window is Critical .Get it wrong and another Season in bottom six without Sevco and Hearts would be final draw for even ,more folk on here .
I can remember the last time we went down and didn't come straight up and it was a nightmare .some games away from home like Ayr United there were barely a few nundred hibs fans there to watch the team .But I still see some of those same faces at games today .Die Hards stick with the Team but I wouldn't want to go back to those dark days .must have been in a parallel universe .down
Twice,straight back up twice .

basehibby
22-04-2014, 09:09 PM
when was it we went down and didnt come straight back up, i can remember two relegation's in my life time , so when was this other one playing in front off a few hundred spectators.

I think Ronniekirk must be about 135 years old because as far as I'm aware the last time we spent more than one season outside the top flight was back in the 1890s after Smelltic did the dirty!

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 09:09 PM
See post above The game was Ayr United away as I recall but as I said in second post it was over 30 odd years back so maybe it just felt longer back them

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2014, 09:10 PM
I think Ronniekirk must be about 135 years old because as far as I'm aware the last time we spent more than one season outside the top flight was back in the 1890s after Smelltic did the dirty!

well at least he saw us winning the SC...twice :greengrin

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Some days I do feel old but not that old :wink:

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 09:12 PM
well at least he saw us winning the SC...twice :greengrin
Now that would of been worth seeing :wink:

basehibby
22-04-2014, 09:13 PM

So - tell us Ronnie - was "Darling" Willie Groves really as good as he was cracked up to be?!?!?

eastterrace
22-04-2014, 09:14 PM
I was a student then so going back 30 odd years so maybe it just seemed like more than one season in lower league Remember a cup reply against Dunfermline and was gutted we didn't win it and remember thinking it was going to be difficult to get back up .but my memory isn't the most reliable :confused:

yes we bounced back straight away winning the league pretty comfortably both times , so not getting at you as my memory might have been wrong as i couldnt work out when you were on about. but tell you something if we go down this time we wont bounce straight back up . will be down there for a few years i fear.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 09:17 PM
So - tell us Ronnie - was "Darling" Willie Groves really as good as he was cracked up to be?!?!?
No point in asking me .Think we have established my memory isn't that great :wink:

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 09:22 PM
yes we bounced back straight away winning the league pretty comfortably both times , so not getting at you as my memory might have been wrong as i couldnt work out when you were on about. but tell you something if we go down this time we wont bounce straight back up . will be down there for a few years i fear.

Hopefully won't come to that but whatever league we are in it will be a new team and I will be there to watch them

Kato
22-04-2014, 09:33 PM
No point in asking me .Think we have established my memory isn't that great :wink:

Seemingly.

When did you imagine that Hibs stayed down for a second season?

stevejordan
22-04-2014, 09:38 PM

We are all worried i still think we can escape relegation one win and a draw a win v Partick and a draw v Killie will do us.

Eyrie
22-04-2014, 09:58 PM

Also happened at the start of the 1930s. 1931/32 was the only season that we've spent outwith the top flight that we didn't win the lower league.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Seemingly.

When did you imagine that Hibs stayed down for a second season?
Seemingly It was after a student party and a bad acid trip ,,but when it comes back to me don't worry you will be the first to know .:wink:

Jones28
23-04-2014, 12:12 AM

Straws, clutching, etc

JimBHibees
23-04-2014, 10:44 AM

Yep dont care about them we have much more immediate and important issues to deal with including a relegation scrap and our appalling recent record. Only Hibs can get out of the mess we are in no-one else will help us and the management need to get the squad up for the next 4 games much more than they appear to have been recently.

TrinityHibs
23-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Nobody sniffing?

Arthur did and got a bit of a kicking for having a go at the zombies.

Keith_M
23-04-2014, 11:44 AM

That would be 1930-31, are you really THAT old?

If you still see some of those faces around today, I can only presume you must have an amazing memory for your age.

Although, Hearts didn't come up straight away the last time THEY were relegated, in 1981, which wouldn't be too hard for anybody to remember. Is there anything you'd like to tell us?

:hmmm:

JimBHibees
23-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Although, Hearts didn't come up straight away the last time THEY were relegated, in 1981, which wouldn't be too hard for anybody to remember. Is there anything you'd like to tell us?

:hmmm:

Maybe we means Hearts. :greengrin

Waxy
23-04-2014, 12:09 PM

What were the crowds like when we played at the meadows?

Kato
23-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Hard as nails.

VivaHiberña
23-04-2014, 02:44 PM

Bhí atmaisféar maith, ach muintir na háite claonadh gan cúram i bhfad dóibh. :wink: