PDA

View Full Version : Butcher vows to do Hibs fans proud

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 07:45 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27089161

emerald green
19-04-2014, 07:53 PM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27089161

I don't think I'm the only long suffering Hibs supporter who is completely sick and tired of listening to these platitudes from various Hibs managers and players. Just give it a rest please. It's just bull****.

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 07:54 PM
How many times have we heard the same *****? Enough talking about making us proud, how much things are going to improve etc. and just ****ing do it

Steve20
19-04-2014, 07:55 PM
All talk. Time for actions.

Elephant Stone
19-04-2014, 07:55 PM
He can't really win with the interviews, he needs to give them and there's only so much he can say. Think it's a tad unfair giving him grief about that.

IWasThere2016
19-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I don't think I'm the only long suffering Hibs supporter who is completely sick and tired of listening to these platitudes from various Hibs managers and players. Just give it a rest please. It's just bull****.

This. In spades. Effing garbage today.

kdhibees1
19-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Is he intending on putting his boots back oan?

Aaron
19-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I really don't know what to say to that.

I think I will try and decide on how the ***** I am going to get home from some random pub in Glasgow after drowning my sorrows after today's embarrassment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CalgaryHibs
19-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Ah rite
We"ve heard this before

scuttle
19-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Has he resigned

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Interesting last sentence......

SaulGoodman
19-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Uh huh, sure.

stoneyburn hibs
19-04-2014, 08:05 PM

And not a very inspiring one.

Expecting Rain
19-04-2014, 08:08 PM

Last sentence said it all.

stevejordan
19-04-2014, 08:08 PM
This is like Groundhog Day

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2014, 08:11 PM
"We pushed four men forward. We haven't scored a goal for a long while, it's a fifth straight defeat, and we have to look at the derby next week and pick a team that's going to compete and do Hibs proud, but at this moment in time we'll have to find one."

Jonnyboy
19-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Like Yogi with an English accent

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2014, 08:17 PM
"But, to be honest, I'm lost for words really".

so are thousands of fans

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 08:19 PM
TBF Butcher is in a tough position with these post match interviews. The team are shocking so he has to appease the fans by at least admitting it, and at the same time try and balance lambasting the players with trying to encourage them.

Each interview he makes it quite clear that he has no faith in the team, which must get back to the players, which must de-motivate them even more.

The players have already chucked it, Butcher will struggle to motivate them at all when they know he doesn't rate them and most will be shipped out in the summer.

I wouldnt like to deal with such a balancing act at the moment. I don't envy Butcher at all.

Velma Dinkley
19-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Obviously, at the very least, tb needed this summer transfer window. Obvious, but not to some?

Bostonhibby
19-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Talk is cheap, am totally fed up hearing it then we go out and do the opposite, last week Collins was going to "fire in the goals we need" a shot would be a start.

TornadoHibby
19-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Obviously, at the very least, tb needed this summer transfer window. Obvious, but not to some?

Looks like he's going to be sourcing players to play in the Championship if current form (for the last 17 or so games at least) is to be the barometer of what we might expect in the last 4 games!

That is, of course, if he is still here if we get relegated which looks ever increasingly likely!

stevejordan
19-04-2014, 08:37 PM
"We pushed four men forward. We haven't scored a goal for a long while, it's a fifth straight defeat, and we have to look at the derby next week and pick a team that's going to compete and do Hibs proud, but at this moment in time we'll have to find one."

more chance of a winning team if we put 20 players names in a bag and get a lucky fan to pick out the 11 players in centre circle before the game Petrie arrange a raffle to raise cash this way the lucky winner could pick out the balls with the team which would do a better job than this Joker/Imposter

Sorry to be like this but i feel we have no direction a rudderless ship and to be fair i was excited when TB Was appointed he talked the talk its a shame he could not walk the walk

Another DUD appointed by RP

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Can hardly blame Petrie when Butchers recent record spoke for itself and the majority of fans wanted him!!

Pretty Boy
19-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Another soundbite.

Just what I wanted.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Talk is cheap, am totally fed up hearing it then we go out and do the opposite, last week Collins was going to "fire in the goals we need" a shot would be a start.
But it's headers he is at his best with and we can't even find a way to supply crosses to him .On that basis there is no point in him being in team go with Watmore and Cummings against hearts Game will be too soon for Robertson as his drive is badly needed .
Is McGivern and Nelson better pairing in centre .

Gerard
19-04-2014, 09:04 PM
How about this for a sound bite......... The majority of the players at Hibs are crap, they can't play football at this level and will not be playing at the club after this season. I am fed up trying to teach these players how to play football in a way that might enable the club to score goals and get points. The players do not have the ability to learn how to be successful and know that many of them will be leaving this club. Until that happens I have to do the best I CAN with players who are not for purpose. God willing as it will take a miracle we will not get relegated this season. When our SPL place is secure I can get players who are fit for purpose and replay the Hibs fans who have had not being entertained for many years. Next season will see players who have ability and are able to learn their profession..........
perhaps TB should play the reserve team as they can not play any worse that the 'first team'. A team that has not score a goal in a long time or won in even a longer time.
This season has been a season that no words can describe that are permitted on this website. There are players are the club who should not accept their wages as they have not earned them.
IMO TB needs time to get his players in and restore the club to its rightful place in Scottish football.

stevejordan
19-04-2014, 09:10 PM
How about this for a sound bite......... The majority of the players at Hibs are crap, they can't play football at this level and will not be playing at the club after this season. I am fed up trying to teach these players how to play football in a way that might enable the club to score goals and get points. The players do not have the ability to learn how to be successful and know that many of them will be leaving this club. Until that happens I have to do the best I CAN with players who are not for purpose. God willing as it will take a miracle we will not get relegated this season. When our SPL place is secure I can get players who are fit for purpose and replay the Hibs fans who have had not being entertained for many years. Next season will see players who have ability and are able to learn their profession..........
perhaps TB should play the reserve team as they can not play any worse that the 'first team'. A team that has not score a goal in a long time or won in even a longer time.
This season has been a season that no words can describe that are permitted on this website. There are players are the club who should not accept their wages as they have not earned them.
IMO TB needs time to get his players in and restore the club to its rightful place in Scottish football.

Fair point but in order to do this money nust be exchanged unfortunatly RP Does not grasp this fact the cheap option always wins in Petries world.

Onion
19-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Makes no odds what he says after yet another defeat, he's on a hiding to nothing.

However, my biggest take from today's game wasn't the couldn't-care-less attitude for he players, it was Butcher's inept tactics. 0-2 down and up against 10 men, and he plays 1 up front. Didn't change the formation until 20 mins from the end. Quite simply staggering :confused:

Butcher must take his fair share of blame for today. Irrespective they are Fenlon's players, they are just not playing as a team and 1 up front is a joke.

matty_f
19-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Another soundbite.

Just what I wanted.

To be fair, he has to give an interview, so he has to say something.

Heisenberg
19-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Makes no odds what he says after yet another defeat, he's on a hiding to nothing.

However, my biggest take from today's game wasn't the couldn't-care-less attitude for he players, it was Butcher's inept tactics. 0-2 down and up against 10 men, and he plays 1 up front. Didn't change the formation until 20 mins from the end. Quite simply staggering :confused:

Butcher must take his fair share of blame for today. Irrespective they are Fenlon's players, they are just not playing as a team and 1 up front is a joke.

We went two up front and it made no difference. We played Thomson and Harris who apparently made such a massive impact in the derby and it didn't make any difference. No matter what combination we play these guys will lose.

Onion
19-04-2014, 09:28 PM
We went two up front and it made no difference. We played Thomson and Harris who apparently made such a massive impact in the derby and it didn't make any difference. No matter what combination we play these guys will lose.

Listening to Butcher's interview after the game, and it's patently obvious he thinks the same. So any surprise the team lacks belief and will to win ?

For all the below average players we have at the club, Butcher has a lot to answer for. He has truly ****ed things up with his rants about players not being good enough, random teams selections, resurrection of Thompson and Taiwo's first team places, changing the captain, crazy subs/formations etc. If fact, I'd struggle to think of many other ways Butcher could have ****ed things up. What's left ?

After today, this is no longer just about get to the end of the season above the play-off place. I have serious doubts about Butcher.

Gerard
19-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I hope that the team bus went before the players were about to board it. The walk home would do some of them a lot of good:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 09:33 PM
He shouldn't do anymore interviews. There's folk looking for something to jump on so just leave it alone.

Jim44
19-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I wish folk would stop defending Butcher and continually giving him the benefit of the doubt. He can't hack it in the position we are in and a position, it has to be said, he is to a very large extent responsible for.

Billychaotic182
19-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Like Yogi with an English accent

This! Heard it all before

Bostonhibby
19-04-2014, 09:58 PM
But it's headers he is at his best with and we can't even find a way to supply crosses to him .On that basis there is no point in him being in team go with Watmore and Cummings against hearts Game will be too soon for Robertson as his drive is badly needed .
Is McGivern and Nelson better pairing in centre .

I've been a strong supporter of Collins for a while. He gets little support and we don't have the speed or guile to play one up top yet we stick with it. I used his statement as but an example of the pointless use of words, if you are going to do it, do it, time for talking and not delivering has come and gone. Applies to any player and official at the club really.

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2014, 01:25 AM
I don't bother listening to these anymore. They sound good but it ends up the same.

RIP Bestie
20-04-2014, 02:17 AM
He can't really win with the interviews, he needs to give them and there's only so much he can say. Think it's a tad unfair giving him grief about that.
How long before people like you start seeing that thus clown is dragging us down? It's not unfair. He's a bullshi**er

sven nil
20-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Like Yogi with an English accent I wish we had his team now,and style of play

hibbiedon
20-04-2014, 04:58 AM
im only interested in what they do not what they say, the days of being a gullible fan are long gone

Winston Ingram
20-04-2014, 05:27 AM

Never his fault. We had a team that beat them but he's just sucked the life out of it.

cad
20-04-2014, 06:03 AM
I think you get to stage where your support for any club goes through the mangle Hibs just take it to a new level :rolleyes:

bingo70
20-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Im no fan of butcher but i dont see what hes meant to say in these interviews?

If he never said anything he'd be accused of hiding.

matty_f
20-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Im no fan of butcher but i dont see what hes meant to say in these interviews?

If he never said anything he'd be accused of hiding.

:agree:

Hibrandenburg
20-04-2014, 06:36 AM
I wish we had his team now,and style of play

Bet you the Caley fans wish this too.