PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

Smartie
19-04-2014, 06:39 PM
First name on the team sheet next week for me. The defence today did us no favours but we need to pose more of a goal threat - we're not going to win games if we don't score. Another hour against 10 men without scoring is brutal. His drive and determination lifted us when he came on and he and Thomson were head and shoulders above everyone else today. They were the only positives to take from today.

I still think we need to play 2 up top and it's a toss-up between Collins and Haynes for who is up there with him - both were minging today. But Cummings will at least help prevent whoever it is from being so isolated. I don't think it is any coincidence that our decent form after Butcher took over came when Cummings was in the side.

The young Hearts lads are on a decent run, will be well up for this and will be able to play without fear so we need to fight fire with fire. We need all the pace and energy we can get and he looked to have it in spades today when he came on.

Waxy
19-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Yes we have to. We have nowhere else to turn.

Macaroon
19-04-2014, 06:51 PM
I thought Watmore was outstanding coming on today, Stanton again was promising. Those 3 are essential against Hearts.

hibsbollah
19-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Disagree, especially about Thomson. Honking delivery from free kicks and corners, mixed some fancy flicks half the time with some wayward passes and showed a nice bit of class when screaming abuse at young Harris when they hit each other going for a 50/50, presenting the St Mirren player with the ball.

Cummings looked busy, and I'd be tempted to start him over the hapless Collins, but I'm not sure he deserves a thread of his own. Pass marks, but no evidence he's going to make a big difference when all we're doing is hoofing it from Nelson straight to the opposition.

Brooster
19-04-2014, 07:04 PM
We were shocking until Watmore and Cummings came on. Both played very well and I thought Stanton was decent, the others were a disgrace again. And don't get me started on Danny Haynes .....effing garbage.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2014, 07:11 PM
We were shocking until Watmore and Cummings came on. Both played very well and I thought Stanton was decent, the others were a disgrace again. And don't get me started on Danny Haynes .....effing garbage.

Watmore and Cummings upped the tempo, and with a bit of luck could have scored. Both must start against Hearts.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Brooster, can't at all disagree, but what really really gets me is that we are playing full back roulette yet when other managers (Danny Lennon for one) seem unafraid to put in their youth players, we refuse point blank to try them.

Black and Baptie would drive the defence forward, Ryan also has a terrific dead ball delivery at set pieces. Why Alan Maybury again when he was routinely roasted by Nicolson (and today it was a given they'd go via him).

Lewis's best football has been at left mid - why play him where he doesn't enjoy playing ?

I joked with another poster on the derby thread, but I'd throw in Baptie, Black, Dean and Euan Smith, with Watmore and Stanton a given. Young side, refreshing, and the fans I think would really get behind them.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Watmore played up top for Altrincham a lot so him and Cummings up front would be a decent shout.

JimBHibees
19-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Brooster, can't at all disagree, but what really really gets me is that we are playing full back roulette yet when other managers (Danny Lennon for one) seem unafraid to put in their youth players, we refuse point blank to try them.

Black and Baptie would drive the defence forward, Ryan also has a terrific dead ball delivery at set pieces. Why Alan Maybury again when he was routinely roasted by Nicolson (and today it was a given they'd go via him).

Lewis's best football has been at left mid - why play him where he doesn't enjoy playing ?

I joked with another poster on the derby thread, but I'd throw in Baptie, Black, Dean and Euan Smith, with Watmore and Stanton a given. Young side, refreshing, and the fans I think would really get behind them.

I think you are right fans will get behind the kids more than some of the journeymen currently getting played.

Brooster
19-04-2014, 07:33 PM

I have to agree. Throw them in and we must surely improve. We have the worst full backs in the league by sone distance.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 07:38 PM
I have to agree. Throw them in and we must surely improve. We have the worst full backs in the league by sone distance.

You never sent me details of the over 35's league either :na na::greengrin

Brooster
19-04-2014, 07:54 PM
You never sent me details of the over 35's league either :na na::greengrin

Im having problems with my inbox mate I cant send stuff. Pm me your email addy.

FromTheCapital
19-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Disagree, especially about Thomson. Honking delivery from free kicks and corners, mixed some fancy flicks half the time with some wayward passes and showed a nice bit of class when screaming abuse at young Harris when they hit each other going for a 50/50, presenting the St Mirren player with the ball.

Cummings looked busy, and I'd be tempted to start him over the hapless Collins, but I'm not sure he deserves a thread of his own. Pass marks, but no evidence he's going to make a big difference when all we're doing is hoofing it from Nelson straight to the opposition.

Disagree with this. Just my opinion and I think KT done well today. He may have been in the wrong shouting at Alex but at least that shows a bit of passion unlike most of the others who are happy to take their wage and let down the fans week in, week out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Watmore has clearly been a decent acquisition so what I don't understand is why in the last two games has he only made fleeting appearances and Harris who is totally devoid of confidence, starts?

All this after Butcher said in an interview a few weeks back that Harris needed a break. :confused:

For the next game I would take Collins, Stanton and harris out of it and start Watmore, Handling and Cummings. Use Stanton as an impact player against them.

Heisenberg
19-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Watmore has clearly been a decent acquisition so what I don't understand is why in the last two games has he only made fleeting appearances and Harris who is totally devoid of confidence, starts?

All this after Butcher said in an interview a few weeks back that Harris needed a break. :confused:

For the next game I would take Collins, Stanton and harris out of it and start Watmore, Handling and Cummings. Use Stanton as an impact player against them.

I agree about Collins and Watmore but there's no chance I'd drop Stanton for Handling.

DH1875
20-04-2014, 09:07 AM
I agree about Collins and Watmore but there's no chance I'd drop Stanton for Handling.

Spot on. Danny Handling aint the answer.

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Watmore and Cummings upped the tempo, and with a bit of luck could have scored. Both must start against Hearts.

Agree 100% Cummings looked much more assured and confident than earlier in the season

cozy sausage
20-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Cards on the tables first: I am now an ”armchair fan” (after a good 30+ years of paying my dues) but I was at yesterday’s game and I thought a couple of things:-

Firstly we were hopeless in the first half and deserved to be behind. However by the end, I thought with Watmore on one wing, Harris on the other and Cummings through the middle (forget about Haynes), ably supported by Thomson and Stanton behind, we looked, dare I say this, “quite good”. Okay it was only 20 minutes, it was against ten men, we weren’t playing Real Madrid, and ultimately we didn't score, but neither Watmore nor Harris were hiding, and not everything they did worked, but they never lost heart. I mean how many corners did we force? (By the way, we need some variation on those.)

Forget the game against Hearts, (that will be unpredictable), but against Thistle at home, if we started with the same line-up as we finished against St Mirren, with the same intensity, I’d be pretty confident.

...WentToMowAnSPL
20-04-2014, 09:48 AM
CS I agree !

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2014, 09:22 PM

God please not danny handling. ..he tries hard but offers nothing at all!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
20-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Just viewed the highlights and it seemed we had control for a fair bit at times even giving the BBC bias against us, maybe a wee glimmer of hope ?.

Baader
20-04-2014, 09:26 PM
At least Cummings is actually managing to get shots at goal...

GreenArmyyy!
20-04-2014, 09:43 PM

By your post I'm guessing you just don't like Thomson otherwise you were at a different game from me. For a start yesterday was the first time in months that I thought the deliveries were actually faultless, especially from Thomson. Unfortunately nobody was interested in sticking their head on the line to get on the end of them. Thomson is a great defensive midfielder and his passing ability is the best in the squad. He sprayed the ball out to the wings well on numerous occasions yesterday. He hasn't been excellent in his second spell with us but trying to fault him yesterday seems strange.

Jonnyboy
20-04-2014, 09:46 PM
By your post I'm guessing you just don't like Thomson otherwise you were at a different game from me. For a start yesterday was the first time in months that I thought the deliveries were actually faultless, especially from Thomson. Unfortunately nobody was interested in sticking their head on the line to get on the end of them. Thomson is a great defensive midfielder and his passing ability is the best in the squad. He sprayed the ball out to the wings well on numerous occasions yesterday. He hasn't been excellent in his second spell with us but trying to fault him yesterday seems strange.

Not faultless. At least two corners straight to the keeper

Steve-O
20-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Not to mention each corner was virtually the same. Not enough pace on them either.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2014, 10:12 PM
We need to give youth a chance? Is Harris, Forster, Stanton, Cummings and Handling not giving youth a chance?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Not to mention each corner was virtually the same. Not enough pace on them either.

Zitelli could whip in a corner.

Steve-O
20-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Haven't had a decent corner since Zitelli left!

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Scored from a few during our good spell over Christmas. Was it Craig that was taking them?

TheFamous1875
20-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Cairney was responsible for most if not all of our goals from corners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I thought Watmore was outstanding coming on today, Stanton again was promising. Those 3 are essential against Hearts.
Agree we need to utilise pace and enthusiasm of youngsters who all have skill as well

Jonnyboy
20-04-2014, 10:32 PM

Griffiths took a great corner. Plenty of pace on the ball :agree:

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Agree billy let's give hearts a game of it this time by playing our best youngsters and telling them to go out and express themselves