PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel like chucking it?

.Sean.
19-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Think I'm finished after today. Years and years of following in blind faith have worn thin, and this was evident today by the fact I was the only one who bothered going earlier out of a group of six who just a few seasons ago genuinely never missed a game home or away between us.

This is the same across the board, diehard supporters having the football bug sucked out of them after another despondent let down. Shameful.The players don't give a **** so why should we? That shower of imposters should be ashamed to show their faces in George Street tonight. They won't though, they'll still be swaggering around like something they're not which says all you need to know about them. Cannae wait until Butcher ships these ***** out in the summer and they find their level in the second division.

judas
19-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Think I'm finished after today. Years and years of following in blind faith have worn thin, and this was evident today by the fact I was the only one who bothered going earlier out of a group of six who just a few seasons ago genuinely never missed a game home or away between us.

This is the same across the board, diehard supporters having the football bug sucked out of them after another despondent let down. Shameful.The players don't give a **** so why should we? That shower of imposters should be ashamed to show their faces in George Street tonight. They won't though, they'll still be swaggering around like something they're not which says all you need to know about them. Cannae wait until Butcher ships these ***** out in the summer and they find their level in the second division.

My concern is that Hibs could go the way of a once great Dundee.

Saturdays Hero
19-04-2014, 06:38 PM
Nah I could never fully chuck it,But i couldn't give a **** about these spineless *****.

mutley
19-04-2014, 06:43 PM
I won't chuck it completely, but this may be my last ST renewal. Like a lot on this forum, I'll see what TB does in the summer and I'll judge him on next season. If its more of this dross then that's me.

.Sean.
19-04-2014, 06:47 PM
The only reason me and my old man renewed is because if we didn't, we wouldn't bother going. Sad times.

Scottie
19-04-2014, 06:48 PM

Your only 23 mate you've got time on your hands to go through the misery us 40 and 50 year olds have been through.

2 trophies in my 40 years of supporting Hibs and they call us glory hunters :greengrin

Thecat23
19-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Until there is major change at boardroom level I'm not renewing. I was renewing 100% but I'm sick to death of this same ***** every year and all the empty promises.

Only so much you can take. It's now blind faith and even at that the season tickets aren't cheap. We aren't getting anywhere near value for money.

Please, please Rod will you just

Mikey
19-04-2014, 06:51 PM
The only reason me and my old man renewed is because if we didn't, we wouldn't bother going. Sad times.

I'm not at the stage where I wouldn't renew as that would just damage the budget, but that doesn't mean that I'll go to all the home games. Possibly starting next week!

Anyway, at only 23 you've got years and years and years ahead of you :greengrin

Mikey
19-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Until there is major change at boardroom level I'm not renewing. I was renewing 100% but I'm sick to death of this same ***** every year and all the empty promises.

Only so much you can take. It's now blind faith and even at that the season tickets aren't cheap. We aren't getting anywhere near value for money.

Ahem. Family board :wink:

HFC 0-7
19-04-2014, 06:54 PM
In recent years there have always been moments like this, fans make noises of quitting it, protests and such but then we get a good result and it's all put to the back of the mind. Beating hearts next week could possibly be one of those games that eases the pressure on everyone and gives the fans that glimmer of hope that we have turned the corner.

kdhibees1
19-04-2014, 06:59 PM
I've chucked my fair share of things throughout the years because of Hibs. TV remotes, fag packets, cans.... you name it!! Just can't help but keep on supporting them. We are in the mire, but hopefully can stay up and create a better team and confidence next season. P.S Jack Daniels is gawn doon a treat at the mo!!

emerald green
I won't chuck it completely, but this may be my last ST renewal. Like a lot on this forum, I'll see what TB does in the summer and I'll judge him on next season. If its more of this dross then that's me.

This is how I feel, except I wish now I hadn't renewed my season ticket. When I did, I genuinely didn't think we would be in such danger of being relegated.

Michael
To be honest, while Hibs have had some great teams over the years; there have also be a lot of average to poor teams.

We've had a poor team for a few years now, but it comes after a period of having a fairly decent team from 2004-2010.

I'm sure that Hibs will get a decent team together at some point in the next 10 or so years.

Badabing
Scottish football is knackered. Unfortunately I've nowhere else to go. I'm not prepared to give up (yet).

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 07:01 PM
In recent years there have always been moments like this, fans make noises of quitting it, protests and such but then we get a good result and it's all put to the back of the mind. Beating hearts next week could possibly be one of those games that eases the pressure on everyone and gives the fans that glimmer of hope that we have turned the corner.

Thats generally what happens.

We scrape the odd win out of 10 and fool ourselves into believing that we played well and are turning a corner, when clearly that isn't even close to being the case.

We haven't played good football since 2007. The odd win just makes us look good, because we're so rank rotten when we lose.

Scònaldò
19-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Ditto

SaulGoodman
19-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Is that an Anagram? I love countdown.

I've got a 6, Des

hibee_girl
19-04-2014, 07:04 PM

:agree:

weonlywon6-2
I'm not at the stage where I wouldn't renew as that would just damage the budget, but that doesn't mean that I'll go to all the home games. Possibly starting next week!

Anyway, at only 23 you've got years and years and years ahead of you :greengrin

Im 48 and have followed since i was 13,no matter what i will never give up,its under my skin now,however i do understand the feelings of some

Pretty Boy

Know how you feel mate.

Used to travel 200+ mile round trips from Aberdeen every week with a group of guys following Hibs under Mowbray, Collins and Mixu. Of that group of 6, I'm the only one still attending. I asked 7 different people to go to the game with me and not one was interested. I ended up having to work so didn't gk either.

We can't allow young fans to get away but I fear we ads slowly losing the late teens and 20 somethings. I've not given up just yet but I won't condemn anyone who has, Hibs have created this apathy themselves.

Haymaker
I was born a Hibee and I will die a Hibee.

brianmc
19-04-2014, 07:11 PM
I've already renewed- but **** knows how many times the ticket will actually be used. Totally demoralised doesn't even begin to sum up how I feel.

leggeto
19-04-2014, 07:12 PM
What else would we do on a Saturday afternoon

iwasthere1972
19-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Even if Rodders put on free buses for the Ross County game, overnight accommodation and a free bar with lap dancers I wouldn't be tempted to go.

I'm even hoping that Zebra Finance goes under and my season ticket for next season becomes nil and void.

Good support through today and players still couldn't perform.

I'll be at our remaining home games but can't see where any goals will come from.

Disappointed to say the least.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Will never chuck it, get down probably more often than I would like though

emerald green
19-04-2014, 07:18 PM
I've already renewed- but **** knows how many times the ticket will actually be used. Totally demoralised doesn't even begin to sum up how I feel.

:agree:

smurf
19-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Our absent owner and part time chairman already have...

TornadoHibby
19-04-2014, 07:21 PM
This is how I feel, except I wish now I hadn't renewed my season ticket. When I did, I genuinely didn't think we would be in such danger of being relegated.

Why not, the clues in terms of performances and wins (or absence of wins actually) over a very long period must have rung some alarm bells for you surely?

JMac
19-04-2014, 07:22 PM
I'm 19, I've had a season ticket since the Mowbray era, NEVER seen us this bad, I haven't been going for a good month or so, won't be back this season. And unless something big happens this summer, I won't be back next season

Waxy
19-04-2014, 07:22 PM
The players have chuck playing for us, for whatever reason. Probably because most have no future here and all we do us moan at them for being crap anyway.The Hibs fans in return have chucked the players. The relationship has finished, and what bad timing for it to end. We need a new team now. Come forth the u20s

Scorrie
19-04-2014, 07:26 PM
What else would we do on a Saturday afternoon

Watch the under 20s?

jdships
19-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Putting everything else aside , Manager , Chairman ,Players , Uncle tom Cobley and all . WHERE EXACTLY DO WE GO FROM HERE ? ?.
This has been a season long slide from mediocrity to downright rubbish nothing more nothing less.
I watched the match on Alba and words fail me ! leaderless /rudderless/ useless/ lacking in confidence for starters.
Our fate in terms of where we are playing next season is firmly in the hands ( or feet/heads) of the players . The manager can only prepare a team but once they are on the park it is down to them .

I want to be positive BUT and its a big BUT !!

stoneyburn hibs
19-04-2014, 07:35 PM
I have not renewed and don't think I will. Sad to say but I'm pig sick of walking out of ER pissed off.

Col2
19-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Lets be honest guys and gals, its in our blood and we cant totally remove ourselves from it. We can avoid going, avoid renewing season tickets and find something else to do on a saturday for a bit but i bet the vast majority of us cant help follow the scores, news and debate on here.

I am SICK of everything about our club just now. I am so angry with Petrie (ultimate accountability re dross after dross) but just as angry with Butcher and the 'professional footballers' we have on our books.

I renewed on impulse because i knew if i thought about it i would have delayed. I see it as a donation because if we go down i wont be at ER or while, a season where Petrie will tell us we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

I just hope we get through this. I just hope Petrie walks an we appoint a dynamic leader of the club. I hope Butcher goes back to ICT and i hope we appoint a proper management team.

Hope is all we have. But its close to being taken away from us.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Putting everything else aside , Manager , Chairman ,Players , Uncle tom Cobley and all . WHERE EXACTLY DO WE GO FROM HERE ? ?.
This has been a season long slide from mediocrity to downright rubbish nothing more nothing less.
I watched the match on Alba and words fail me ! leaderless /rudderless/ useless/ lacking in confidence for starters.
Our fate in terms of where we are playing next season is firmly in the hands ( or feet/heads) of the players . The manager can only prepare a team but once they are on the park it is down to them .

I want to be positive BUT and its a big BUT !!

It's easy for me jdships - you send the players who he knows are going for a long holiday and tells them not to come back. Then he promotes James to the bench, adds a few U20's into the side, rounds the wagons in a teamtalk and tells the players, 'you are who I have faith in' - go out and prove it.

I'd (strangely) give Thommo the armband, tell the younger players to go and enjoy their football and play with freedom. Express themselves. I'd possibly go as far as to name the side these next 4 'cup finals' (hate the phrase but they are).

Get unity, team spirit, with coaches they listen to and play for.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2014, 08:14 PM
I support Hibs through thick and thin, we were ****** when I started and we still are so I'm going nowhere.

Bronson
19-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Never feel like chucking it, would support hibs in League 2 against Elgin City and the likes if that's what it came to and that's the truth.

Better times are ahead.

emerald green
19-04-2014, 08:17 PM
It's easy for me jdships - you send the players who he knows are going for a long holiday and tells them not to come back. Then he promotes James to the bench, adds a few U20's into the side, rounds the wagons in a teamtalk and tells the players, 'you are who I have faith in' - go out and prove it.

I'd (strangely) give Thommo the armband, tell the younger players to go and enjoy their football and play with freedom. Express themselves. I'd possibly go as far as to name the side these next 4 'cup finals' (hate the phrase but they are).

Get unity, team spirit, with coaches they listen to and play for.

Might as well give it a try mate, because nothing else is working. I thought I had seen it all watching Hibs all these years, but a goal down in 13 seconds in such a very important fixture for the club today was just so amateurish and unprofessional. Pub team stuff I hate to say. It really pains me when I think of all the great players (and some not so great!) I've watched over the years in the green & white shirt.

7 Hills
19-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

emerald green
19-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Why not, the clues in terms of performances and wins (or absence of wins actually) over a very long period must have rung some alarm bells for you surely?

Of course they did. I'm not completely daft, but I genuinely didn't think it would come to the point where Hibs would be staring relegation in the face. I thought we would avoid that nightmare scenario. It was only a few weeks ago the chat was about Hibs overtaking St Johnstone into the top 6! I didn't think that would happen either.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
19-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Watch the under 20s?

:agree: I'm liking that. These boys play decent fitba and in a couple of years.

Bring in the pyramid system and the way things are going we'll meet the first team in league 1...

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Lets be honest guys and gals, its in our blood and we cant totally remove ourselves from it. We can avoid going, avoid renewing season tickets and find something else to do on a saturday for a bit but i bet the vast majority of us cant help follow the scores, news and debate on here.

I am SICK of everything about our club just now. I am so angry with Petrie (ultimate accountability re dross after dross) but just as angry with Butcher and the 'professional footballers' we have on our books.

I renewed on impulse because i knew if i thought about it i would have delayed. I see it as a donation because if we go down i wont be at ER or while, a season where Petrie will tell us we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

I just hope we get through this. I just hope Petrie walks an we appoint a dynamic leader of the club. I hope Butcher goes back to ICT and i hope we appoint a proper management team.

Hope is all we have. But its close to being taken away from us.

Good post, Col, and I feel much the same right now. It's a bit like and addiction: I know going to games is bad for my health, but I still do it. I felt like chucking it many times in the past few years, but the optimist within always gets the better of me.

Hibby
19-04-2014, 08:54 PM
I have been a Hibee since 1956. I am at the lowest I have ever been with Hibs, and that is saying something!!

Anyway, there is a video of a bus driver going down a motorway whilst counting his money doing the rounds on facebook/bbc just now.

He has his hands off the wheel while doing so!!

I am no good at PC but maybe somebody on here could expand a bit?? p.s. The video didn't have sound, so I might have missed the bit about wheels coming off?

It just struck me that we were in the back of that bus!

All the best guys. I am trying to keep my hope up but struggling.

GGTTH

And I canny get the flag on!! Beer now!! Well, more!!

SteveHFC
19-04-2014, 09:09 PM
I've had a season ticket since i was 4 years old. Really considering not renewing next season. Had enough of the same old rubbish season after season.

greenpaper55
19-04-2014, 09:14 PM
It's not not the fans that need to chuck it it's the owner and Petrie who need to get tae and let people who love the club move it onto a better level.

DaveF
19-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Got to laugh a bit at the younger posters thinking of packing it all in because we are gash, as it would probably mirror what my posts would have been like had hibs.net been around in the 80 and early 90s :greengrin

It's not easy to stomach but you are a Hibs supporter or you are not. The club needs a change at the top and when it happens (and it will) then things will get better. Until then, get yer arse along to the games and support your club. Right now, the team needs you and I cannot understand anyone walking away in the face of tough times.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 09:18 PM
I would never be able to turn my back on Hibs.

I would watch us play in the East of Scotland league if I had to.

Certainly not happy with what's going on right now but Hibs are a huge part of who I am and I could never give up going to games.

davy malcolm
19-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Great post I've had it not renewingmaybe I will change my mind in August

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

chinaman
19-04-2014, 09:59 PM

I want to be positive BUT and its a big BUT !!I watched on alba too, what a shambles and how collins and haynes get a game shows how far we've fallen, 2 of the worst players ive seen playing for hibs

Jim44
19-04-2014, 10:50 PM
[U][/U

Relegation has been such a reality for weeks now, so much so, that I've moved on and am beginning to worry about the unlikelihood of our bouncing back at the first time of asking. Next week's match is IMHO one of the most important in our recent history. Win, and we will avoid relegation. Lose and we will probably go down, with little or no chance of promotion.

marinello59
19-04-2014, 10:54 PM

I know how you feel but you won't give up on Hibs. I am more than twice your age and suffered many disappointments over the years. The sad truth is you are stuck with them :greengrin

.Sean.
20-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Got to laugh a bit at the younger posters thinking of packing it all in because we are gash, as it would probably mirror what my posts would have been like had hibs.net been around in the 80 and early 90s :greengrin

It's not easy to stomach but you are a Hibs supporter or you are not. The club needs a change at the top and when it happens (and it will) then things will get better. Until then, get yer arse along to the games and support your club. Right now, the team needs you and I cannot understand anyone walking away in the face of tough times.
I appreciate what you're saying Dave but it's a different world now compared to when you were my age... So many more options, smaller world, why should we shell out to watch that *****? All in I spent the best part of a hunner quid on that trip and what did I get back? Spineless, gutless, bottle merchants.

matty_f
20-04-2014, 12:22 AM
I appreciate what you're saying Dave but it's a different world now compared to when you were my age... So many more options, smaller world, why should we shell out to watch that *****? All in I spent the best part of a hunner quid on that trip and what did I get back? Spineless, gutless, bottle merchants.

Can you call others spineless, gutless, bottle merchants when you've started a thread to tell folk you feel like chucking it?

That's hardly standing up tall and resolute in the face of adversity, is it?:rolleyes:

joebakerforever
20-04-2014, 12:43 AM
Can you call others spineless, gutless, bottle merchants when you've started a thread to tell folk you feel like chucking it?

That's hardly standing up tall and resolute in the face of adversity, is it?:rolleyes:

Nice attempt at trying to discredit the OP.

Out of interest how would you describe the performances of the majority of the players at Paisley ? :rolleyes:

matty_f
20-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Nice attempt at trying to discredit the OP.

Out of interest how would you describe the performances of the majority of the players at Paisley ? :rolleyes:

Same as most of the season, pish. Lacking in leadership and quality.

I'm not sure I get your opening sentence though, I feel it's hypocritical to call anyone spineless or whatever on a thread about chucking it. I'm entitled to ask that question, no?

KiddA
20-04-2014, 01:02 AM
People say cigarettes and alcohol are bad for your health, I think following Hibs sucks the utter life out of you but its like a disease. I try not to let it bother me but its so hard. My wife does not understand and a good friend of mine once said Hibs don't pay your bills and support your family which is true of course but I have been on a downer all day and really getting tired of feeling like this. Hibs are a shambles from top to bottom but its not going to change anytime soon with the people who are running the club. The alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear around Easter Road tonight but again no one will be listening. I would never chuck it though and will follow Hibs until I die :agree:

Now bring on the Jambos :wink:

.Sean.
20-04-2014, 01:39 AM

...folk like me, and no doubt yourself, who spend thousands following that ***** are at their lowest ebb regarding Hibs and you put the boot in? There are thousands of diehard Hibees of the same mindset as me and adversity has well and truly kicked in after year upon year of mediocrity.

Is that allowed?

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 01:48 AM
The only reason me and my old man renewed is because if we didn't, we wouldn't bother going. Sad times.That's the danger, when you havnae paid you're less bothered about no going and that's were the rot starts. I've been going tae ER now for 36 years, had a ST for the best part of the last 20 but I winnae have ST this time round, I just dinnae want it now and TBH it's been that way for years, the lads and the banter were once enough tae keep it going but I just cannae be bothered now. I'll go when I can and it suits, that's it. It's worse when lads like yersel cannae be bothered any mair.

Big Frank
20-04-2014, 01:49 AM

Ridic post.

Compairing young .Sean with those currently disgracing our famous jersey is apples n pears.

Pete
20-04-2014, 01:55 AM

Choices regarding what do to with your money have increased but the principles remain the same: you're a supporter and it's what you do because you love the club and without loyalty from people like yourself the club will wither away. The money involved in supporting the club has changed though and I don't blame anyone of questioning what they are getting and demanding a bit more.

Bristol rovers took 3000 fans to Portsmouth yesterday and Northhampton took 2000 to Wycombe. They've been utter rubbish for years and have no hope of doing anything but they all have some things in common. It's their club and they'll show a bit of pride and show face even if the players wearing their colours don't.

Chuck it? I couldn't if I tried.

Saorsa
20-04-2014, 02:02 AM
Choices regarding what do to with your money have increased but the principles remain the same: you're a supporter and it's what you do because you love the club and without loyalty from people like yourself the club will wither away. The money involved in supporting the club has changed though and I don't blame anyone of questioning what they are getting and demanding a bit more.

Bristol rovers took 3000 fans to Portsmouth yesterday and Northhampton took 2000 to Wycombe. They've been utter rubbish for years and have no hope of doing anything but they all have some things in common. It's their club and they'll show a bit of pride and show face even if the players wearing their colours don't.

Chuck it? I couldn't if I tried.and you can put yer house on the fact that those running the club (petrie) is/are counting on the blind loyalty/mug punter ticket but it can only be pushed so far. Then it becomes taking the piss

.Sean.
20-04-2014, 02:13 AM

Chuck it? I couldn't if I tried.
Neither could i, and I've tried. That's the problem!

sven nil
20-04-2014, 03:24 AM
...folk like me, and no doubt yourself, who spend thousands following that ***** are at their lowest ebb regarding Hibs and you put the boot in? There are thousands of diehard Hibees of the same mindset as me and adversity has well and truly kicked in after year upon year of mediocrity.

Is that allowed? Fud. I agree with most of this post mate, except the fud bit he is a" fud and a half".

matty_f
20-04-2014, 06:23 AM
I agree with most of this post mate, except the fud bit he is a" fud and a half".

:rolleyes:

SouthamptonHibs
20-04-2014, 06:31 AM
I've not chucked it yet but not renewing season ticket next year.
Still have Hibernians membership (monthly donation), two Hibs tops to buy for season 14/15 and PATG next season to offer Rod (if we go down Rod the above gets cancelled and Hibs get zero £ from me).
1998/99 in div 1 was ok as every team can have a bad season but to go down in a league with no Rangers and Hearts on minus 15 is totally unacceptable.
12points to play for we need to stay up but we must be favourites to go down

andy1875
20-04-2014, 06:34 AM
I've decided I won't be renewing my season ticket next year and neither is my mate i go with, nor my Dad and his mate.

Like others have said, Hibs is in the blood and will no doubt get the appetite back come next pre season, but I'll be picking/choosing the games I go to.

Again like many others, the number of guys I know that now don't go is huge. I'd guesstimate that at least 10-12 mates of mine who were ST holders or regulars in Mowbray era just don't go anymore.

I've went hospitality a couple of times this season and you can't give a couple of season tickets away for the East now. Sad times.

A footy coupon and few socials watching Soccer Saturday is far more appealing.

St Johnstone, Motherwell and ICT manage to create good squads on budgets FAR less than ours so let's see how we do next year with a no doubt less budget than we started this year with.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Read the title question and nothing else. No is my response. Through thick and thin it's in the DNA.This club are a part of me and always will be. I think this is probably one of the hardest periods for young fans to catch the bug and I salute those who swim against the oF tide.

Leith Green
20-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Never thought Id see the day that I would stop going to Easter Road, but here we are im affraid... I have had a season ticket since 93/94 , regularly travelled to the away games including running buses to lots of them, but i am done. The reason is quite simple, i just dont care like i used to anymore, past caring to be honest, that club for whatever reason is sucking the life out of lifelong supporters. Personally I think the folk running our club are to blame and its getting worse with every year that passes.

big gogs
20-04-2014, 07:55 AM
I used to follow hibs home and away,pre season games etc.bought my ticket for next season,at this time I am counting down the minutes till the last game,another game another defeat

scoopyboy
20-04-2014, 08:23 AM
I would never be able to turn my back on Hibs.

I would watch us play in the East of Scotland league if I had to.

Certainly not happy with what's going on right now but Hibs are a huge part of who I am and I could never give up going to games.

I could have typed that Trig, it's exactly the way I am as well.

I keep telling myself it will be better next season although it never really is.

Occasionally I wish I had never heard of them and then I wouldn't be addicted the way I am. However this only lasts a few seconds and I'm already looking forward to next Sunday and the fact I won't have to see that tosspot known as Hamill.

Pedantic_Hibee
20-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This.

Stringer
20-04-2014, 09:53 AM
You are not a proper football an unless you have wanted your team to lose. Things won't change unless we go down

Onion
20-04-2014, 10:01 AM
If only Petrie would chuck it.

As long as Petrie is in charge, it sends out a clear message to all employees that consistent abject failure is acceptable at Hibernian. No one is accountable and every 12-18 months the manager is made the sacrificial lamb. The standards at the club are little better than a Sunday League pub team.

No leaders on the park, no leaders in the dressing room and dreadful leaders int he Board Room.

Greenworld
20-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Yes I feel like chucking it. Just listned to Terry after match interview
and he sounds like a Man lost and deflated. Gone is the positive
sounding come and speak to me Terry.
Replaced by a man openly admitting that he hasnt a clue who
to play that will make a difference. Well I find that incredible
We cant score ok for now stop trying and play for boring draws what a bloody
Mess

Hibernia Na Eir
20-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Petrie. Farmer. ARE you listening?

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Never feel like chucking it, would support hibs in League 2 against Elgin City and the likes if that's what it came to and that's the truth.

I used to think like that.

3pm
20-04-2014, 11:32 AM
This.

😄

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 11:32 AM
If only Petrie would chuck it.

As long as Petrie is in charge, it sends out a clear message to all employees that consistent abject failure is acceptable at Hibernian. No one is accountable and every 12-18 months the manager is made the sacrificial lamb. The standards at the club are little better than a Sunday League pub team.

No leaders on the park, no leaders in the dressing room and dreadful leaders int he Board Room.Petrie isn't in charge though, Farmer is.

cleanyman
20-04-2014, 11:33 AM
I'll go again next week but that's me for the season.

Sack it

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2014, 11:43 AM

Me too, now i have seen us play 6 times this season. And its 1 win and 5 defeats, it will be even less next season i'd imagine if at all. It certainly becomes a lot easier watching soccer saturday on the computer, and watching a 3 O'Clock live game on setanta.

I'm not knackered and the best part of £100 better off every other week.

DH1875
20-04-2014, 12:04 PM
Shamed to say, I chucked it last season and didn't renew for this year. Only been to 8 games all in this season. Fed up waisting my days and traveling, going to games on my own. It's boring and far from worth the thousands it costs over a season. Can't get anyone to go to the derby so probably won't bother and doubt I'll be at ER again this season (I'm away when the playoffs are due to be played).

Bronson
20-04-2014, 12:39 PM

It's in my blood, doesn't matter how sh*te we are there will never be a time I don't want to go along and support the team.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2014, 12:43 PM
It's in my blood, doesn't matter how sh*te we are there will never be a time I don't want to go along and support the team.

I used to think like that!

Sudds_1
20-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Ahem. Family board :wink:

understandable though..........sums up what we're all feeling

7 Hills
20-04-2014, 04:33 PM
This.

:greengrin I won't be chucking it, but I obviously need to chuck my phone! :wink:

M11BMO
20-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I suppose I'm chucking it in one way or another. Not renewing my season ticket as I've totally "fallen out of love" with Scottish football as a whole... Hibs being abysmal has just added to the dullness.

I can't blame Hibs fully for my reasons of not renewing though, work commitments have aided my decision.

In saying that, I haven't been to the past 4 home games when I've been able to attend and have no interest in going to the up and coming matches. I wish I didn't feel this way.

Btw if we get to a cup final next year can someone sort me out with a ticket!? ;-)

greenlex
20-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Never!!

Wheat Hound
20-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Time is a healer. I'm already looking forward to the derby. Nelson up front to knock on his own hoofs......YAAAAA SSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Greenblood70
20-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Renewed this season but only gone half a dozen times at most, I find myself getting so frustrated and agitated watching to be frank amateur levels of performance and the ball launched 80 yards by an over the hill cart horse who'd struggle to get a contract at a Junior side. We are absolutely *****, cowardly and have no ambition to be anything else.

I won't renew for the coming season, I need a break from Scottish football and more to the point Hibs many failings, for a season to see if I can get back any enthusiasm for it. I'll be very surprised if I miss it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
20-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Im not renewing, if thats the question of the OP. It just hasnt felt like a laugh for a couple of seasons now. I go out of duty. We'll pick and choose our games, and we can guarantee a seat next to mates anyway because theres so many empty seats these days.

AndySOL1875
20-04-2014, 08:27 PM
What do people think the attendance will be like at the derby? I know we're in a very bad place but this has turned out to be a more crucial derby than i was expecting a few weeks back given our current form and league position, we need all the support we can get.

Bronson
20-04-2014, 08:28 PM
What do people think the attendance will be like at the derby? I know we're in a very bad place but this has turned out to be a more crucial derby than i was expecting a few weeks back given our current form and league position, we need all the support we can get.

14,000 i think, which is a shame.

greenlex
20-04-2014, 08:28 PM
What do people think the attendance will be like at the derby? I know we're in a very bad place but this has turned out to be a more crucial derby than i was expecting a few weeks back given our current form and league position, we need all the support we can get.Somebody will be along shortly to tell you its the team that needs to turn up and how rubbish Hibs are.

scuttle
20-04-2014, 08:30 PM

It certainly wont be a sell out this time

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 08:44 PM
14,000 i think, which is a shame.

No chance.

Hermit Crab
20-04-2014, 08:46 PM
It certainly wont be a sell out this time

Nowhere near it. If current season ticket holders are not attending there's not much chance of very many walk ups.

Hibrandenburg
20-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Because of geographical reasons I'm not a season ticket holder, but never ever could I contemplate giving up my Hibby status. Those of you who go along and demand value for money need your heads looking at. This team are ****ing dire and are up there with the worst Hibs 11 ever, but they wear the Hibs colours and I'll support them how I can until I die come rain or shine.

I'll not make myself popular with this next statement, but if you feel like chucking it then chuck it. The club can do without you.

Greencore
20-04-2014, 08:59 PM
I was born a Hibee and I will die a Hibee.
You can still be a hibee and hold down a job that requires you to work on weekends or be poor and can't simply afford a ticket on a friday night vs St johnstone in the pouring rain. :aok:

The Sea-gull
20-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Somebody will be along shortly to tell you its the team that needs to turn up and how rubbish Hibs are.

Somebody saying that would not be far wrong. In response to the OP, I have felt like chucking it on many occasions but have never quite fully managed it. I always go back in the end. I reckon if we do go down this season it will be as angry and dissappointed as I have ever been as a hibs fan but would get over it and go back eventually though prob not much in the championship and even less if we didn't come back on a season. As I said in another thread, we are not down yet, we have a lot left to play for and stranger things have happened in football than a team in our position staying up.

cad
20-04-2014, 09:15 PM
TBH if our books balance would it matter to Rod what league we played in

Bronson
20-04-2014, 09:47 PM
No chance.

You joking? 14,000 would be a terrible crowd for a derby.

Cameron1875
20-04-2014, 09:50 PM
We have 8k Season Ticks and I get the feeling Hearts may try and 'boycott' this one.

8K ST's
2K Walk ups
2K Hearts.

12k attendance and Hibs are lucky to get even that!

hfc rd
20-04-2014, 10:22 PM

9.5k.

Really can't see anything over 10k.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 11:01 PM
I might leave the game to watch lpool v chelsea

boab1875
20-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Like a lot have said on here, many are close to giving up altogether. Watching your fitba team at the weekend should be something to look forward to and not something you dread. honestly cant remember the last time I looked forward to going to Easter Road. I wont be renewing next season and wont be going back until Petrie is removed and there is an entire overhaul within the club and that is coming from someone who has blindly bought season tickets the past 9 seasons. The final straw has been this season for me. Before at least I had some confidence in the players but now that has died and if I am being honest, Butcher appears incapable of improving matters

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 11:23 PM
We have 8k Season Ticks and I get the feeling Hearts may try and 'boycott' this one.

8K ST's
2K Walk ups
2K Hearts.

They are on a winning run and celebrating nearly being out of admin can't see them not wanting to turn up and see their team turn us over for fourth time this season and try and ridicule And .bait us that we are going down as well .They are so predictable ,unless of course they put the money they would of paid for ticket into Fighting Fund for FOH

DH1875
21-04-2014, 10:19 AM

8K ST's
2K Walk ups
2K Hearts.

No way they will boycott :confused:

clerriehibs
21-04-2014, 10:24 AM

No. I'm Hibs.

The_Todd
21-04-2014, 10:28 AM

8K ST's
2K Walk ups
2K Hearts.

The Jambos can smell blood, they're desperate to drag us down and they know they're the better team and certain to win.

They'll sell out.

The Sea-gull
21-04-2014, 10:36 AM
The Jambos can smell blood, they're desperate to drag us down and they know they're the better team and certain to win.

They'll sell out.

Agree with all of that except the bit about them being the better team and certain to win. More likely to win yes but certain to win, no. It's no Clyde v bayern Munich. They are the better team just now and the last few weeks but over the season I don't think there is much in it. It must be remembered that 3 of their 8 wins have come in the last 3 weeks when the pressure has largely been off them.

The_Todd
21-04-2014, 10:43 AM
Agree with all of that except the bit about them being the better team and certain to win. More likely to win yes but certain to win, no. It's no Clyde v bayern Munich. They are the better team just now and the last few weeks but over the season I don't think there is much in it. It must be remembered that 3 of their 8 wins have come in the last 3 weeks when the pressure has largely been off them.

And the pressure is still off them, and all on us; we've seen how our imposters deal with pressure.

In a season where they've been under a signing embargo and not even had a striker to call up on they've managed one win fewer than us this season. Should they win against us we'd be level pegging without the points deduction. We claim we'd have the better of Hearts when the playing field was leveled - well we've had that. They still take the p*ss out of us.

In all, I do think they're the better team. And I base the certainty of a Hearts win mainly on our own shortcomings, we've not been unlucky in recent weeks, we've been honking. We could still be playing the St Mirren match now and not caused their defence any trouble.

greenlex
21-04-2014, 10:47 AM
And the pressure is still off them, and all on us; we've seen how our imposters deal with pressure.

In a season where they've been under a signing embargo and not even had a striker to call up on they've managed one win fewer than us this season. Should they win against us we'd be level pegging without the points deduction. We claim we'd have the better of Hearts when the playing field was leveled - well we've had that. They still take the p*ss out of us.

In all, I do think they're the better team. And I base the certainty of a Hearts win mainly on our own shortcomings, we've not been unlucky in recent weeks, we've been honking. We could still be playing the St Mirren match now and not caused their defence any trouble. Aw FFS dry yer eyes man. Its a Derby anything can happen and probably will. I can remember when we owned them. Its no wonder as a club we are soft as with fans like you. Bring them on. Time to right a few wrongs here.

PISTOL1875
21-04-2014, 12:13 PM

I chucked it the minute Terry Butcher said he needed to re-shape his squad just after he came in.. He more or less said that the players were all ***** and the vast majority of them would be getting emptied at the end of the season.. Whatever positive outcome and effect he tried to get from that statement has clearly failed on him big time and the players haven't responded to his '' rallying call''. Why should the players respond and give there all for a guy who doesn't rate them and will empty them all in the summer anyway ??

Tony Mowbray made the same mistake when he got the Celtic job , publically stated he needed new players and they turned against him and we all know what happened there didn't we ????

The_Todd
21-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Aw FFS dry yer eyes man. Its a Derby anything can happen and probably will. I can remember when we owned them. Its no wonder as a club we are soft as with fans like you. Bring them on. Time to right a few wrongs here.

Dry my eyes? Why? I'm basing my assessment on facts not emotion. We as a club are soft because of the soft crap on the park and in the boardroom not because of "fans like me".

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Atmospheres dier when our end is empty for a derby. We may be pish at this moment in time but, there's no better time to get back to winning ways than a derby! This could possibly be the last derby for a couple of years, get along and support the Hibs!

greenlex
21-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Dry my eyes? Why? I'm basing my assessment on facts not emotion. We as a club are soft because of the soft crap on the park and in the boardroom not because of "fans like me". Facts? What Derby has this super duper Hearts team dominated this season? They have all been close. You sound like you're shaking like a jelly at the thought of facing them so aye dry yer eyes.

greenlex
21-04-2014, 06:14 PM
I chucked it the minute Terry Butcher said he needed to re-shape his squad just after he came in.. He more or less said that the players were all ***** and the vast majority of them would be getting emptied at the end of the season.. Whatever positive outcome and effect he tried to get from that statement has clearly failed on him big time and the players haven't responded to his '' rallying call''. Why should the players respond and give there all for a guy who doesn't rate them and will empty them all in the summer anyway ??

Tony Mowbray made the same mistake when he got the Celtic job , publically stated he needed new players and they turned against him and we all know what happened there didn't we ????? Did he really? I thought he said he was surprised at the quality of the squad saying he had good players left to him. He did change his tune once he saw how average they were on the park granted.

Scottie
21-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Aw FFS dry yer eyes man. Its a Derby anything can happen and probably will. I can remember when we owned them. Its no wonder as a club we are soft as with fans like you. Bring them on. Time to right a few wrongs here.

Your memory must be better than mine Greenlex as in my 40 years of following the Hibs we've never owned them :confused:

Onion
21-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Got a ST but not going. Had enough of this lot. Bunch of losers don't respond to encouragement or a berating, so they'll not miss me. Will watch on TV until we lose the first goal and then just switch off.

heretoday
21-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Of course what we should all be mourning is the sad state of Edinburgh football in general.

When you think of the great sides in the 50s who more than matched the OF it's a sorry scene that we contemplate now in the capital.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Us lot the fans need to turn up in numbers (again) on Sunday to roar our team onto victory over the already-relegated shower of *******s.

We can focus on our inadequacies as we have many. But it's the yams at home and should we win against them we take a huge step towards safety.

And why the **** should we fear that lot? They are pish.

They will come absolutely desperate to beat us.

We are long overdue a win. And I can't wait for Sunday. **** going head to head with that lot at any time feeling inferior.

Bring them on and get the three points Hibs.

GGTTH.

greenlex
21-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Your memory must be better than mine Greenlex as in my 40 years of following the Hibs we've never owned them :confused: 40 years? Then you're memory is poor I'm afraid.

greenlex
21-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Us lot the fans need to turn up in numbers (again) on Sunday to roar our shirts onto victory over the cheating ****bags that have already been relegated.

We can focus on our inadequacies as we have many. But it's the Gunts at home and should we win against them we take a huge step towards safety.*

And why the $#@! should we fear that lot? They are $#@!e.

They will come absolutely desperate on and off the park to beat us.*

We are long overdue a win. And I can't wait for Sunday. $#@! going head to head with that lot at any time feeling inferior.

Bring them on and get the three points.

GGTTH. This 100%. If sit on our ***** and feel sorry for ourselves then we are beaten before a ball is kicked. Yes we aren't great but they are no better. Get to the game and make some noise.

heretoday
21-04-2014, 06:32 PM
By the way, you can't chuck it.

How can you cut off your left leg?

You've had it all your life.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 06:33 PM
This 100%. If sit on our ***** and feel sorry for ourselves then we are beaten before a ball is kicked. Yes we aren't great but they are no better. Get to the game and make some noise.

Edited it a bit but still, get right in about them Hibs!!!

emerald green
21-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Dry my eyes? Why? I'm basing my assessment on facts not emotion. We as a club are soft because of the soft crap on the park and in the boardroom not because of "fans like me".

I agree Governor. :agree: (And before anyone says anything I detest HOMFC as much as anyone on these threads).

erin go bragh
21-04-2014, 07:48 PM
As pish as we were in the last derby , they still needed a terrible offside decision to beat us .
Chuck Hibs ??? Never in a million years , once a Hi bee and all that . Cummings and Watmore to start on Sunday and lets celebrate their 4th relegation in their corrupt history by sending them away with a Hibs win .

Ggtth

Scottie
21-04-2014, 08:49 PM
40 years? Then you're memory is poor I'm afraid.
When ?
I know I'm thick as **** but I can't remember us ever owning them.:confused:

We must have the worst derby record in the world. :rolleyes:

Hamish
21-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Possibly in recent times we have a poor record but from 74 to 78 Hibs were unbeaten in derbies for 12 games.

Off the top of my head Spurs, certainly recently, have a worst derby record against Ersenil