PDA

View Full Version : Youngsters more inspiring

madhatter
19-04-2014, 04:46 PM
I've always had a debate with my brother over whether we need more experience or youth. I think the past 2-3 years we've had quite a large squad in terms of experienced players but sadly, as many turn out, they were simply wage thieves. As the current bunch are. KT looked good in spells today but I saw more endeavour from Harris, Stanton and Cummings when he came on than most of the other players. I'm not taking a dig at any particular player, because all are to blame but I've not seen so many experienced players shirking the responsibility.

I'd like to see Hibs supporters playing for us. Or at least players that care about the club. Hence, the reason why Hearts are better than us still. I'd turn to our youth in the remaining games - it's not fair on them but neither is playing beside such bad experienced players.

We're probably getting relegated now anyway - I sincere hope not but we seem to be a sinking ship. Need to stop wasting money on journeyman. Not a dig at Butcher but apart from Watmore, the loans are awful - Haynes through on goal and turns back...

What do people think? More youngsters with fewer (much better older players) or more experience for next season? And more importantly for the rest of this bleak season?