BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Thoughts on next weeks game? :boo hoo:

dastardly8
19-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Hibs ladies please

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 04:23 PM
The only slight ray of hope I have is that regularly in derbies, the team going in who should win and get a decent result ends up losing. Aside from that I have absolutely no faith in this team delivering anything but another gutless performance.

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Play Stevenson, Watmore, Thomson & Stanton and the rest can go on holiday now. Under 20's can't do any worse.

Allan45
The only slight ray of hope I have is that regularly in derbies, the team going in who should win and get a decent result ends up losing. Aside from that I have absolutely no faith in this team delivering anything but another gutless performance.
Agree,totally:confused:

dmc1875

No, I think that only applies when Hibs are favourites...

GreenCastle
19-04-2014, 04:25 PM
To win games of football you need to be able to score goals - we unfortunately don't do that against 10 players or 11 therefore I am expecting the worst.

lugz
19-04-2014, 04:27 PM
We won't win. If hearts play poor we might get a point but can't see it. The difference in passion between the 2 clubs is frightening.

Jim44
19-04-2014, 04:27 PM
The Jambos did us a favour today but there will be no favours next week when they take us to the cleaners.

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2014, 04:29 PM
We will probably win,thats the cheek of it

heretoday
19-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Jamie Hamill won't be playing as he got sent off today if that's any consolation.

Not sure that it is really.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Thoughts are that if Hearts win, factoring in the deduction, they would then be equal points with Hibs. Also they would bring Hibs into potentially 11th place and into the play off place with 3 to play. Their record this season v us is won 3, lost 1, scored 5 conceded 2. They have won last game, drawn v Aberdeen, beaten Partick handsomely away.

That's my thoughts - 11 green bottlers will crash again. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Michael Nelson's nickname is admiral which suggests leadership - he should really change his nickname.

James Collins is listed as a striker - he should really look at a change of occupation - he is utterly utterly dire.

That's my thoughts - oh and I'll be lumping on Hearts at whatever odds - in fact, I'd be surprised if bookies don't make them odds on or evens.

Hang your heads in utter shame Hibernian Football Club. Pure shame.

IberianHibernian
19-04-2014, 04:30 PM
The fact we`re still 7th after this terrible run under Butcher shows how bad the other bottom 6 teams are . Hearts did us a big favour today and will be confident next week but I think we need to win since other teams will get 3 points against them . We haven`t really deserved to lose any of the Derbies this season so must be due a change of luck but you have to make your luck .

Diclonius
19-04-2014, 04:32 PM
We're completely ****ed.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 04:32 PM
The place will be empty. The ticket prices are extortionate and not worth paying for.

SteveHFC
19-04-2014, 04:35 PM

We will get beat.

The first time i can't be arsed with a derby game.

semaj64
19-04-2014, 04:36 PM
one thing for sure it is going to be nerve wrecking. We will be the underdogs and deservedly so. The team need to step up, they are going to take a lot of stick if things do not go well and they need just to get on with it no matter what.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 04:41 PM
The fact we`re still 7th after this terrible run under Butcher shows how bad the other bottom 6 teams are . Hearts did us a big favour today and will be confident next week but I think we need to win since other teams will get 3 points against them . We haven`t really deserved to lose any of the Derbies this season so must be due a change of luck but you have to make your luck .

Wrong on a few counts mate - Hearts absolutely deserved their last win at Tynecastle, they outfought us in the League Cup game after our little 20 minutes of energy, and in the first game at Tynecastle we never ever looked like scoring playing one up top. The only game we deserved was our 2-1 win where we played a settled side, which was on a wee run, and who looked confident.

The loss of Robertson in the middle has been absolutely astounding, more than I thought it would be. Add into the fact that we are now playing full back and centre half roulette, when there are decent youth full backs who are top of their league and clearly proficient, it's baffling.

We play a striker who is fat and can't control a ball - yet we keep Cummings on the bench or don't play him - despite Jason being a cog in the side that went unbeaten in about 8/9 games. Strange.

What exactly does Owain Tudur Jones bring to the table ? Pretty lost all games I've seen him, lingers in the ball, scared to get forward.

Hearts are playing with a freedom now and the news this week has buoyed them - they will win with something to spare next week, easily.

NOLA
19-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Will be a poor atmosphere and if/when hertz score/win the atmosphere will turn poisonous, giving it a miss thank you.

Mark79
19-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Two up front would be a start for me. Fed up of this 1 up front nonsense.

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Fair to say though, a Hibs loss next week and there will be bedlam.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 04:46 PM
What I would also consider this week, from Monday, is interviews with the players all week. I'd also make them train elsewhere, on public parks or somewhere like Kinnear Road/Granton where they used to train when East Mains was just a hopeful dream - get the players realising, psycholigically, what they have at Hibs and how lucky they are. What they could be going to if they are released come relegation.

Terry likes his head games - well show them how good they have it in as harsh a lesson possible. And put them in front of the cameras all week - maybe get the Hibs media team to ask questions posed by fans - make them squirm.

SouthamptonHibs
19-04-2014, 04:46 PM
What I have to laugh about Hibs is; 3 weeks ago I flew up to go to a party to relegate Hearts (we failed as per usual), if yams win next week they can send us to 11th. No idea how we have done it but we've given the yams something to cheer about. We have done it the "Hibs way". Sad times

007 Mickey Weir
19-04-2014, 04:48 PM
To be honest I really can't see us getting anything next week. If it was me I would ring the changes. If we are gonna lose at least get some youngsters playing.

Black, Baptie, Gardiner, Horibine, Smith and Cummings.

My team (although it will never happen)

Williams

Black Forster Gardiner Baptie

Stanton Horibine Stevenson

Harris Watmore
Cummings

Murdoch
Nelson
Maybury
Thomson
Handling
Haynes
Smith

we are hibs
19-04-2014, 04:48 PM
We won't win again this season and I won't be there. This is the lowest I have ever seen a hibs team and support at. Shambles of a club.

KeithTheHibby
19-04-2014, 04:51 PM
To be honest I really can't see us getting anything next week. If it was me I would ring the changes. If we are gonna lose at least get some youngsters playing.

Black, Baptie, Gardiner, Horibine, Smith and Cummings.

My team (although it will never happen)

Williams

Black Forster Gardiner Baptie

Stanton Horibine Stevenson

Harris Watmore
Cummings

Murdoch
Nelson
Maybury
Thomson
Handling
Haynes
Smith

Glad you are not in charge, rediculous team.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 04:54 PM

I know, I'd have Nelson nowhere near the bench :greengrin

My tuppence worth is that I'd have Black and Baptie in in a heartbeat, I'd also have Dean in that midfield, so the selection is not as outlandish as it seems. In fact it's not far off my side.

Franck Stanton
19-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Bit soon to be asking this question, just after we turn in yet another inept performance and everyone is totally p***** off. Am sure the answers given tonight will be a lot different to those that would be given if say the same question was posed on Wed/Thu, after the blood had stopped boiling.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Play the u-20s. Be less embarrassing, I'd rather our u-20s get beat by their u-20s than our prima-donnas getting ripped a new one by their u-20s.

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Play the u-20s. Be less embarrassing, I'd rather our u-20s get beat by their u-20s than our prima-donnas getting ripped a new one by their u-20s.

They dont play an u-20s team, enough of this myth.

scuttle
19-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Bit soon to be asking this question, just after we turn in yet another inept performance and everyone is totally p***** off. Am sure the answers given tonight will be a lot different to those that would be given if say the same question was posed on Wed/Thu, after the blood had stopped boiling.

Not from me they wont, no amount of blind faith will change my view in the lead up to the derby . We are poor and will get beaten

leggeto
19-04-2014, 05:09 PM
As most Derby's are won on a battle I don't think our boys are up for it

madhatter
19-04-2014, 05:16 PM
However we want to label it, they have played a very young team all season and done better than us. We need to wake up and see that from the owner to the park there is something wrong. Mainly high up. An owner and chairman that don't care about football and the club is the reason we constantly underachieve. I just hope if it ever came to the point where fan ownership is discussed we would still have the passion for our club. Hibernian on a business front are doing good, the community football club is causing widespread depression and discontempt. Fans want to see a decent team, enough of this persevere nonsense, we've done it for long enough - I've done it for it as long as I've been a Hibs fan.

Enough is enough, play youngsters who give a damn, pick up 3 points and clear out the deadwood at the club in the summer - starting at the top.

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2014, 05:21 PM
I would love to hear what the players have to say because so far they have said nothing

sleeping giant
19-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Not looking forward to it but Cummings must start.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Not looking forward to it but Cummings must start.

Agreed. I'd also like to see Todd, Baptie and Black start or be on bench at least.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-04-2014, 06:12 PM
We will be lucky to draw.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 06:22 PM
We won't win. If hearts play poor we might get a point but can't see it. The difference in passion between the 2 clubs is frightening.

Folk on here won't like that statement but sadly it's true as far as players are concerned ,but as fans we need to still show we have the same passion

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Folk on here won't like that statement but sadly it's true as far as players are concerned ,but as fans we need to still show we have the same passion

There is a crucial difference Ronnie - Hibs fans, like Hearts fans, cannot at all be faulted regards their support of their respective clubs. If anything, rivalry aside, both sets of supporters should be widely applauded for standing by their clubs for very different reasons. Hearts because they were in danger of not existing, Hibs because recent results would make any fan weep. There is not much between the clubs when it all boils down to it - on a level playing field last season we had the upper hand, yet this season when it was expected we would, they stepped up on game day.

What Hearts fans and their club have is arrogance - an arrogance not many like, some disregard, but in the main it drip feeds to the players and management and they take it into important games more often that not.

Hibs on the other hand have a Board that are stale, don't really put their head above the parapet because 'it's not good form' and we see ourselves a little above that - itself an arrogance but a hidden one that is way worse that an outlandish haughtiness shown by our neighbours.

In other words, Petrie, even by his demeanour, often looks smug and unconcerned. Whereas on the other side of the city they are quite open about their chances come derby day.

I'm green tinted obviously but I take my hat off to our support over the last 5 years as they've been cheated by Petrie. Simple as that. Cheated. Hearts fans have, again through gritted teeth, got behind their club and you absolutely take your hat off to them too. The fans of both clubs are the reason we are still here. But for me, as I posted two weeks ago, I ain't going back until Rod goes. I made that horrible decision a few weeks back, hoped it would subside, but it won't.

I have no faith that Rod will spend your money wisely in summer, get targets we are after, and get them in early. None whatsoever. The club is boring - our owner is boring, our chairman is boring, our Hibs TV interviewer is dull and wet, our club is really quite bland.

Our fans however are simply superb - it becomes quite emotional when you still see 1200 fans going through, without any battle cry from 'our leaders', to rally the side - yet they still let them down then hide.

Our fans are :top marks those that run the club are not.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 06:56 PM
The outcome of next week's match is totally inevitable.

We all hope and pray that we'll suddenly put a performance together and stuff them but I think we've all seen more than enough of Hibs over the past few months to realise that's extremely unlikely to happen.

They will, as per usual, be totally fired up for a derby and they'll be even more motivated than normal, knowing that a victory for them would put us in real danger.

I'm just totally scunnered at the moment. I just hope that next week is the last time we see them for the foreseeable future.

scuttle
19-04-2014, 07:04 PM
The outcome of next week's match is totally inevitable.

We all hope and pray that we'll suddenly put a performance together and stuff them but I think we've all seen more than enough of Hibs over the past few months to realise that's extremely unlikely to happen.

They will, as per usual, be totally fired up for a derby and they'll be even more motivated than normal, knowing that a victory for them would put us in real danger.

I'm just totally scunnered at the moment. I just hope that next week is the last time we see them for the foreseeable future.

Plus if thy win they will match our seasons points total
They WILL be up for It we will not

basehibby
19-04-2014, 07:07 PM
The game is MASSIVE and one we simply cannot afford to lose. Obviously we badly need to get points on the board but more-so from the point of view of confidence and the morale of the support.

Losing derbies is what saw Fenlon walk having lost the support as a result - if we lose this one then things may well turn ugly again at a time when it'll still all be there to play for with three games remaining.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Going by todays effort we have no chance.

Cameron1875
19-04-2014, 08:02 PM
No more Nelson and Collins please! I can't take much more of watching them attempt to play football.
Haynes is a waster too

Thomson Taiwo Stanton

Watmore Cummings Craig

That would be my front 6

Eternal Hibbie
19-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Call me an optimist but I think we'll turn-up for this one and win.

Our entire season (and possibly future seasons) may well rest on this game - it's only the Hertz for goodness sake, hopefully they're not assisted by a certain ref and we'll win.

All will be sweetness and light on this board next week. :o

FromTheCapital
19-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Two up front would be a start for me. Fed up of this 1 up front nonsense.

THIS.

If we play a 4-4-2, with a midfield of Watmore, Thomson, Stanton and Stevenson.

Cummings up top with one of the others (can't choose) and I think we can score.

Play this, show a bit of heart and desire then I think we can beat them.

2-0 Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 08:16 PM

Our entire season (and possibly future seasons) may well rest on this game - it's only the Hertz for goodness sake, hopefully they're not assisted by a certain ref and we'll win.

I wouldn't be surprised if injured players are rushed back into the side which would be a shame. Forster is either not a centre back, or just plain woeful in that position. Nelson is not great, but at least when alongside Hanlon there was a bit of shape about the team. Forster is clueless.

Could Butcher put Robertson AND McPake in next week? Both are now back in full training. I hope not, but I think he might do just that.

Williams
Forster McPake Nelson McGivern

Thomson Robertson

Watmore Stanton Stevenson/Craig

Handling

Something along those lines. When Stevenson was LW we seemed to get a bit of joy.

I'd like to see:

Williams
Forster McGivern Nelson Black

Thomson Robertson
Watmore Stevenson
Handling Cummings

rcarter1
19-04-2014, 08:25 PM
There is a crucial difference Ronnie - Hibs fans, like Hearts fans, cannot at all be faulted regards their support of their respective clubs. If anything, rivalry aside, both sets of supporters should be widely applauded for standing by their clubs for very different reasons. Hearts because they were in danger of not existing, Hibs because recent results would make any fan weep. There is not much between the clubs when it all boils down to it - on a level playing field last season we had the upper hand, yet this season when it was expected we would, they stepped up on game day.

What Hearts fans and their club have is arrogance - an arrogance not many like, some disregard, but in the main it drip feeds to the players and management and they take it into important games more often that not.

Hibs on the other hand have a Board that are stale, don't really put their head above the parapet because 'it's not good form' and we see ourselves a little above that - itself an arrogance but a hidden one that is way worse that an outlandish haughtiness shown by our neighbours.

In other words, Petrie, even by his demeanour, often looks smug and unconcerned. Whereas on the other side of the city they are quite open about their chances come derby day.

I'm green tinted obviously but I take my hat off to our support over the last 5 years as they've been cheated by Petrie. Simple as that. Cheated. Hearts fans have, again through gritted teeth, got behind their club and you absolutely take your hat off to them too. The fans of both clubs are the reason we are still here. But for me, as I posted two weeks ago, I ain't going back until Rod goes. I made that horrible decision a few weeks back, hoped it would subside, but it won't.

I have no faith that Rod will spend your money wisely in summer, get targets we are after, and get them in early. None whatsoever. The club is boring - our owner is boring, our chairman is boring, our Hibs TV interviewer is dull and wet, our club is really quite bland.

Our fans however are simply superb - it becomes quite emotional when you still see 1200 fans going through, without any battle cry from 'our leaders', to rally the side - yet they still let them down then hide.

Our fans are :top marks those that run the club are not.

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this. His questions are cringeworthy, and if someone told me he'd been outed as an undercover Yam I wouldn't be surprised. He is always undermining players by poking at their weaknesses in a kind of condescending way.

Agree with rest of the post as well.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Im glad Im not the only one who thinks this. His questions are cringeworthy, and if someone told me he'd been outed as an undercover Yam I wouldn't be surprised. He is always undermining players by poking at their weaknesses in a kind of condescending way.

Agree with rest of the post as well.

I'll email the club pre-season but I'll again say - get that magic wee lad from Ireland doing the Hibs player interviews. Love that wee guy.

ehf
19-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Hibs ladies please

:not worth

chuckberry
19-04-2014, 08:38 PM

Which particular derby should you have won ?!?

dp00
19-04-2014, 08:42 PM
What's everyone's thoughts on team for derby ?

Is go with

Williams

Forster
Mcpake
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Harris

Cummings
Collins

4-4-2

Bronson
19-04-2014, 08:51 PM
My team for next week would be as follows:

Williams
Black
Forster
Nelson (not a fan at all but no one else available)
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Robertson
Harris

Stanton

Cummings

If Robertson isn't ready I'd have Stanton in at centre mid and Craig or Handling in behind Cummings. It may lack height up front but that might encourage us to actually pass the ball rather than hoof it constantly.

Thoughts?

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't care.

We've tried all sorts of combinations for team selection in recent months and none of them have been any good so it really doesn't matter to me.

If they go out and look even remotely like a professional football team it would be a good starting point.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2014, 08:55 PM
What worries me is that every team I come up with pretty much has to include the likes of McGivern, Collins and Nelson because, unless we go with the young guns, we have no one else.

IWasThere2016
Hearts will pick us off on the counter .. I see a repeat of today and 0-2 tbh

Hibernia&Alba
It's going to take me a day or two before I can think about that game. I'm dreading it, to be honest. Tell Butcher I'll play. I couldn't do any worse than the present frauds and would at least play for the jersey.

stevejordan
As per my previous posts we will loose the Derby we need to focus on games we can win Partick at home is our cup final. yams are relegated so not important right now we have 3 massive games after the Derby lets focus on these games.

leggeto
19-04-2014, 08:56 PM
The under 20s

GreenCastle
McPake???

Been injured for months and won't be fit let alone near good enough.

Nelson seems undroppable as no one else to play there unless move McGivern there ?

Onion
What's everyone's thoughts on team for derby ?

Is go with

Williams

Forster
Mcpake
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Stanton
Harris

Cummings
Collins

4-4-2

Really makes no odds what team we put out, they are all like a bunch of strangers who would much prefer to be anywhere else than in a Hibs strip. This current Hibs "team" know full well that nobody wants them here. The manager has made it clear that many will be shipped out in the summer, and the fans barely tolerate them. The Derby will be all about how much Hearts want to win it. They will be up for it even more than the last one, and this Hibs "team' will capitulate as always.

Waxy
19-04-2014, 08:59 PM
As per my previous posts we will loose the Derby we need to focus on games we can win Partick at home is our cup final. yams are relegated so not important right now we have 3 massive games after the Derby lets focus on these games.

This post has sapped alot of energy out of me.

hfc rd
19-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Get the f****** U20's in!

We have more chance of winning with them in the team rather than those bunch of cowards in the current 1st team.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2014, 09:03 PM

It's no more ridiculous than the 'experienced pros' we try to cobble together into a team every other week.

emerald green
19-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Really makes no odds what team we put out, they are all like a bunch of strangers who would much prefer to be anywhere else than in a Hibs strip. This current Hibs "team" know full well that nobody wants them here. The manager has made it clear that many will be shipped out in the summer, and the fans barely tolerate them. The Derby will be all about how much Hearts want to win it. They will be up for it even more than the last one, and this Hibs "team' will capitulate as always.

It makes me so sad and angry, but I have to say I agree with this post. What a mess we are in. The yams will be out to drag us down with them, no doubt about that. We'll get no sympathy from them, and that's the way it should be. Unlike our lot, soft as s****.

AgentDaleCooper
19-04-2014, 09:12 PM
The only slight ray of hope I have is that regularly in derbies, the team going in who should win and get a decent result ends up losing.

that's because it's usually us...

emerald green
19-04-2014, 09:16 PM
I would love to hear what the players have to say because so far they have said nothing

We will get one of the "players" quoted in the EEN next week coming out with the usual platitudes. Sick and tired of all the bull****.

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2014, 09:17 PM

2nd post in 7 years :hilarious

emerald green
19-04-2014, 09:21 PM

Eternal Hibbie = eternal optimist! :greengrin Good for you mate, I hope you are right. Sadly, I think you are wrong I'm afraid.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Eternal Hibbie = eternal optimist! :greengrin Good for you mate, I hope you are right. Sadly, I think you are wrong I'm afraid.
And sadly I think you are right

emerald green
19-04-2014, 09:27 PM
And sadly I think you are right

Yep, and I take absolutely no pleasure whatsoever in saying stuff like that mate.

chuckberry
19-04-2014, 09:34 PM
2nd post in 7 years :hilarious
Is that your best ?!?!

ehf
19-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Just been thinking about this while walking the dog...

This time two years ago, we were facing two massive games, the league game v Dunfermline on 7 May, then of course the Cup Final on 19 May. I was thinking that next week's derby is like both of those rolled into one. I was thinking that it will be even bigger (or more critical, long term, than the Cup Final). And I was thinking that, despite how bad things have been lately, we can surely put out a side that can win next week.

Then I got home and checked the team that beat Dunfermline 4-0 that night. And (with the exception of Kujabi, who was hooked at half-time, and who I would still have at left back in preference to McGivern, and bearing in mind that Sparky was suspended), it is frightening how much better that line-up (bench included) was to what we have now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 09:56 PM
The team? Past caring, but...

Williams

Forster
McPake (even if not 100%. Better than Nelson)
McGivern (I know, I know)
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Robertson
Stanton

Handling
Cummings

KuqiKuqiCoo
19-04-2014, 10:28 PM
The team I'd play:
Williams
Black Mcpake Forster Stevenson
Thompson Jones/U20
Watmore Stanton Zoubir
Cummings
I'm not completely sure on black but I've heard from a lot of people he looks promising, and I don't know many U20s so I don't know of any midfielders that could swap in at that centre midfield spot.

Paisley Hibby
19-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Our whole club is clueless, spineless and demoralised. As others have said, it doesn't really matter who plays. I really fear for us next week.

Django
20-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Williams

Maybury Forster McPake Stevenson

Taiwo Thomson

Watmore Stanton Harris

Cummings

Bombscare defense:sofa:

TheFamous1875
20-04-2014, 01:32 AM
Is it not as easy as....

Williams.

Black. Forster. Nelson. Stevenson.

Smith. Thomson.

Watmore. Stanton. Harris.

Cummings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GGTTH07
20-04-2014, 02:37 AM
Under 20s team (including Sammy, Watmore and Thomson)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Williams

Boetang
McPake
Forster
Stevenson

Watmore
Robertson
Thomson
Stanton

Cummings
Handling

Moon unit
20-04-2014, 07:30 AM

THIS!...could not agree more!

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2014, 07:51 AM
How anyone who was at Paisley could even consider playing Nelson I have no idea...absolute liability...my ma would win more headers than this joker...there must be a better option. ..even if it is an untried kid!! And dont get me started on Forster...he aint much better

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cropley10
20-04-2014, 08:15 AM
McPake!?

Dear oh dear. Things are bad, very bad, but not that bad, yet.

hfc rd
20-04-2014, 08:19 AM

This please but just can't see it happening.

DH1875
20-04-2014, 09:31 AM
If I go, no matter what happens it'll be my last derby for a good few years. We'll either be in different divisions or if we go down I'm no going back (happy clappers, do one).
So any how, is anyone heading through from the weege or west? Looking like I'm gonna be on my own and I can't be arsed but if anyone wants to be my pal for the day I'll end up making the trip through.

GlenrothesHibee
20-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Even if we do win the derby and somehow avoid the playoffs it is another abysmal season. Big changes are needed at the club. Tom Farmer deserves eternal thanks for saving us and making us a well run business along with Petrie but the club needs football driven leadership from the top. We have been a club heading for relegation for years now. If its not this season it will be next. The club is driving fans away in their thousands and nothing is being done. Unfortunately Petrie has the safest job in the UK, Farmer wont get rid. Sorry Sir Tom but step aside and sell the club to a football person or we will never move forward. This fan won't be back until this happens and it hurts because its the club I adore.

mutley
20-04-2014, 10:51 AM
My fear of the derby is that the yams are ALWAYS more up for it. The team better get their heads round that fact or should I say FACT

hibbymac
20-04-2014, 11:01 AM

Where did he say we should have won any of the derbies ??

cleanyman
20-04-2014, 11:01 AM
We will lose.

The team doesn't matter.

Humo
20-04-2014, 11:04 AM
The most important game in the rest of the season is in 7 days and so we need a hibs team that cares and has proper fight. With that in mind this is my team

-------------------Cummings------------------

--Craig------------Stanton-------------Watmore

--------------Thomson-----Roberston (if fit if not then Stevenson)---------

----McGivern-----McPake (C)-------Forster-------Black----

-----------------------Williams---------------------------

Go for a 4-2-3-1 tell the lads to go in with no fear. Thomson playing as a ball winning midfielder and robertson supporting both attack and defence playing box to box.

Bit risky to play Craig given his recent form but he was good in that position and if hes not playing as deep then it could definitely work.

spike220
20-04-2014, 11:28 AM
---------------------------Williams---------------------------

Black-----------Forster-----------McGivern-------------Baptie

-------------Stevenson--------------Thomson-----------------

Watmore------------------Stanton----------------Robertson/Zoubir

------------------------Cummings------------------------------

SUBS: Collins, Maybury, Handling, Taiwo, Horibine, Zoubir/Robertson

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 11:30 AM
McPake!?

Dear oh dear. Things are bad, very bad, but not that bad, yet.When fit he is much better than Nelson, Forster and McGivern.

Amit
20-04-2014, 11:34 AM

TB should've done this a while back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cropley10
20-04-2014, 11:46 AM
When fit he is much better than Nelson, Forster and McGivern.

No he's not. He's no better. He's had a few good games when he came but injury, poor positional sense and a lack of pace have exposed him IMHO.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Loads going for Cummings up front on his own? Is that the way forward - a laddie that's not even looked like scoring - if he starts it's got to be 2 up?

And it's all vey well saying chuck the 20s in but history shows you're lucky if 3 make it as first team players - why are this bunch any different?

Blaster
20-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Loads going for Cummings up front on his own? Is that the way forward - a laddie that's not even looked like scoring - if he starts it's got to be 2 up?

I agree that we need to go two up top but disagree that Cummings doesn't look like scoring. He was unlucky not to score yesterday with a few attempts.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 12:08 PM
No he's not. He's no better. He's had a few good games when he came but injury, poor positional sense and a lack of pace have exposed him IMHO.I said when fit, he clearly wasn't fit when he was struggling this season and last. He would regularly be limping during games and would be doing stretches when the play was up the other end. He is also pretty fast for a center half and has shown that numerous times since signing, the myth that he is slow is bizarre to say the least.

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2014, 12:09 PM
I agree that we need to go two up top but disagree that Cummings doesn't look like scoring. He was unlucky not to score yesterday with a few attempts.

Fair enough - I've not dared to watch the highlights yet.

Blaster
20-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Fair enough - I've not dared to watch the highlights yet.

Don't blame you! But Cummings was good and unlucky not to score. Far better than the other two so called strikers.

BH Hibs
20-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Please not one up front next week. At a loss to try and pick team though. Hopefully Robertson will be fit But if not Stanton beside Thomson in middle for me. With Harris and Watmore outside them. Collins and Cummings up front and **** knows who at the back. Maybe Mcgivern back in at CB.

IFONLY
20-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Please not one up front next week. At a loss to try and pick team though. Hopefully Robertson will be fit But if not Stanton beside Thomson in middle for me. With Harris and Watmore outside them. Collins and Cummings up front and **** knows who at the back. Maybe Mcgivern back in at CB.

You certainly are at a loss you have included Collins in your team!!!!!!!!

The Green Goblin
20-04-2014, 01:57 PM
TB should've done this a while back.

Yes, when he threatened to do it. But he failed to back up his threat and we know how the last few games have gone since. I agree with Onion that the team won't make much difference, unless there is a dramatic change: promote the best of the U20 team and lose Collins, Haynes and Nelson for starters. Those coming in couldn't do any worse...

Thecat23
20-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Who cares now, we'll just be let down as usual. I've went into past derbies thinking we'll win. Now I'm lumping on them as I'm sick losing. Least I'll have some cash in my pocket. If we win even better but I don't really give a **** now!!

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Who cares now, we'll just be let down as usual. I've went into past derbies thinking we'll win. Now I'm lumping on them as I'm sick losing. Least I'll have some cash in my pocket. If we win even better but I don't really give a **** now!!
I keep saying you need to start the match day thread it's our only chance :wink:

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 02:21 PM
We should play a 3-4-3 with Nelson nowhere near Edinburgh.

If we're going to lose, lets at least score some goals in the process.

Scouse Hibee
20-04-2014, 02:22 PM
We should play a 3-4-3 with Nelson nowhere near Edinburgh.

If we're going to lose, lets at least score some goals in the process.

Where will the goals come from though?

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 02:47 PM

Miracles do happen. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
20-04-2014, 03:14 PM

Set pieces. Forsters our biggest goal threat.

number9dream
20-04-2014, 03:35 PM
-------------Williams-------------
Forster Nelson McGivern Baptie
-------------Thomson--------------
Watmore ---Stanton ---Stevenson
------------??? Cummings--------

???? Not Collins, not Haynes.
Push Craig right up beside Cummings or Harris in a central role (or would that be too lightweight?), Handling or Zoubir (the same lightweight issue?)

Can't see Robertson or McPake being chucked in unless they play U20s this week.

BH Hibs
20-04-2014, 04:06 PM
You certainly are at a loss you have included Collins in your team!!!!!!!!

I know mate but who else is there? Maybe Handling but certainly not Haynes.

Pete
20-04-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm not even going to bother going as we probably won't even cross the halfway line and ship about ten.

The 1982 Brazilian team that we are obviously facing and all scared of will steamroller us again and I can't handle the shame.

Thecat23
20-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I keep saying you need to start the match day thread it's our only chance :wink:

Haha I'm going to have to if I want hibs to win ;D

KingFranck
20-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Don't care about the rest of the team but Black and Baptie in the back four instead of these wage stealers Horribine or Todd in midfield with Thommo and Robertson

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Don't care about the rest of the team but Black and Baptie in the back four instead of these wage stealers Horribine or Todd in midfield with Thommo and RobertsonBlack and Baptie are both fullbacks, neither of our fullbacks are even close to ''wage stealers''

AndySOL1875
20-04-2014, 05:08 PM
No matter how sh*te we are playing I always get excited for the derby. Im hoping Alan Maybury scores with his hand from 5 yards offside in Fergie time to do us some justice for the Griffiths FK and Forster's header.

GGTTH :flag:

The Sea-gull
20-04-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm not even going to bother going as we probably won't even cross the halfway line and ship about ten.

The 1982 Brazilian team that we are obviously facing and all scared of will steamroller us again and I can't handle the shame.

Think the lack of belief from some is amazing. So too is the lack of realism from others over our terrible record in most derbies irrespective of either side's form. To say we can't or won't win on Sunday is ridiculous, saying we won't, in all probability, win is nearer the mark based on both out past and present derby history as we'll as the recent form of both clubs.

ronaldo7
20-04-2014, 05:24 PM
I wonder what ref the sfa will give them:rolleyes:

Might as well end the season on another **** decision from one of them.

And I know. The team are **** too.

Amit
20-04-2014, 05:48 PM
GK - Williams
RB - Black
CB - Forster
CB - McGivern (I'm done with the "admiral")
LB - Baptie
RM - Harris
CM - Thomson
CM - Robertson (C)
LM - Watmore
FW - Stanton (playing just off Cummings)
FW - Cummings

CMac1988
20-04-2014, 06:26 PM
GK - Williams
RB - Black
CB - Forster
CB - McGivern (I'm done with the "admiral")
LB - Baptie
RM - Harris
CM - Thomson
CM - Robertson (C)
LM - Watmore
FW - Cummings

GK - Williams

RB - Black
CB - Forster
CB - McGivern
LB - Baptie

RM - Watmore
CM - Robertson (C)
CM - Thomson
LM - Stevenson

FW - Cummings

A couple of changes but that's how I'd like to see it.

This one up front nonsense that we've been watching for far too long is doing us no good right now as too many players are being played out of position and even then, are quickest players aren't all that fast. Simple back to basics 4-4-2 with Stanton dropping a tad.

I haven't seen much of the under 20's but I'm led to believe the fullbacks are doing well and our back four needs a bit of a mix up so why not

Switch the central midfielders and give Robertson a bit of freedom to move. He's energetic and with Thomson playing a holding role behind him they should hopefully be able to alleviate pressure through the middle. Far too often teams progress up the park quickly through the middle before going out wide because we allow them too much space. Stevenson would start on my team most weeks and play in his most natural position as he did earlier in the season. Why you ask? Cause he's better than most give him credit for and even when things aren't quite working out he always covers his defender and chases the ball down with pace. I've dropped Harris as I believe he shy's away from the ball too much and is short on fitness, especially since he's returned from injury. More time in the U20's would do him wonders.

Cummings is deserving of a start as is Stanton behind him. Our other strikers aren't up to task and have had more than enough time.

This team is about as balanced as I can get it without bringing in players who are out of form... In saying that I'm still unsure about McGivern...

Amit
20-04-2014, 06:29 PM
GK - Williams

RB - Black
CB - Forster
CB - McGivern
LB - Baptie

RM - Watmore
CM - Robertson (C)
CM - Thomson
LM - Stevenson

FW - Cummings

This one up front nonsense that we've been watching for far too long is doing us no good right now as too many players are being played out of position and even then, are quickest players aren't all that fast. Simple back to basics 4-4-2 with Stanton dropping a tad.

I haven't seen much of the under 20's but I'm led to believe the fullbacks are doing well and our back four needs a bit of a mix up so why not

Switch the central midfielders and give Robertson a bit of freedom to move. He's energetic and with Thomson playing a holding role behind him they should hopefully be able to alleviate pressure through the middle. Far too often teams progress up the park quickly through the middle before going out wide because we allow them too much space. Stevenson would start on my team most weeks and play in his most natural position as he did earlier in the season. Why you ask? Cause he's better than most give him credit for and even when things aren't quite working out he always covers his defender and chases the ball down with pace. I've dropped Harris as I believe he shy's away from the ball too much and is short on fitness, especially since he's returned from injury. More time in the U20's would do him wonders.

Cummings is deserving of a start as is Stanton behind him. Our other strikers aren't up to task and have had more than enough time.

This team is about as balanced as I can get it without bringing in players who are out of form... In saying that I'm still unsure about McGivern...

I realised when I posted that I missed Stevenson (one of the few who gives his is all). With Lewis in the team, I would agree with your changes to a T!

Great minds. Just need to get Terry on board!

Allan45
20-04-2014, 09:53 PM
I must be mad, I'm going to go to this Derby, even though we are dire, I'll be hoping we can turn up, play well, get the right selection right this week, players playing for the jersey.
i really hope for a win on Sunday...ease the pressure off...

i really want want a win this weekend, players just turn up and play how you should play a after the new year derby....

i hope we win!!!!

:flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Robertson/Craig (Attacking Role)
Harris

Cummings
Handling

hfc rd
20-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
McGivern
Stevenson

Watmore
Thomson
Robertson/Craig (Attacking Role)
Harris

Cummings
Handling

Need to ask, but why do you have three different starting line-ups on this thread? I don't know know which one you would have as your lineup?

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Need to ask, but why do you have three different starting line-ups on this thread?
Like T B he keeps chopping and changing selection as no idea what best team is

sleeping giant
20-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Certain starters for me would be Williams , Stevenson , KT and Cummings. Just another 7 to pick Terry.
Not an easy task !

sleeping giant
20-04-2014, 10:42 PM
Remember also that we have no Robertson , McPake , Hanlon and the Heff. All whom I would have in my starting team.

spike220
20-04-2014, 10:51 PM
4-3-2-1 - The Christmas Tree formation (It will be Christmas if we win!)

--------------------------Cummings--------------------------

-------------Watmore------------------Stanton--------------

----Stevenson-----------Thomson--------------Taiwo--------

Black-----------Forster-----------McGivern-------------Baptie

---------------------------Williams---------------------------

SUBS: Collins, Maybury, Handling, Horibine, Zoubir, Robertson

Callum_62
20-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson (Boateng, but no idea if he is decent?) Mcgivern Stevenson

Watmore OTJ Thomson Harris

Stanton

Cummings

Either that, or drop OTJ and go with 2 up....either way, have a go at the Jambos.

I think having OTJ in there makes sense though, as will be a bit of a battle....but we need to have pace alongside

Nelson had a shocker in Paisley, but was he less at fault for the goal than Forster (who also gave away the 2nd)

Cant drop everyone (well, I have limited knowledge of the 20's to take there place)

I also quite like McGivern at centre half

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Need to ask, but why do you have three different starting line-ups on this thread? I don't know know which one you would have as your lineup?

Just doing a Butcher:agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Go on the Hibees Bounce and look at this http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/showthread.php?109381-My-Email-to-the-Club-on-Thursday&p=1390781#post1390781 superb email:top marks

basehibby
21-04-2014, 12:55 AM
It's V hard picking a team considering how many players have been having mares, but we can't just drop the lot of them. U20s have done well winning the EOS league but it's a massive step up from there and the way it should work is that players who are a standout there should be introduced in drips and drabs. I have little knowledge of these guys though so will leave them out of my starting selection.

Re the returning McPake and Robertson - I really can't see McPake being ready so soon after a lengthy lay off and much as I like his drive he can be a liability when not fit - so no. Robertson should be in much better shape having played much of the season - if near fully fit he's worth starting IMO. So all considered here's my lineup...

GK - Williams - Despite flurry of losses has done nothing to merit being dropped

RB - Forster - had a mare at CB but has performed well at FB and is a goal threat
CB - Nelson - also had a mare at Paisley so should be desperate to make up for it! - little other options anyway - experienced and match fit so in he goes.
CB - McGivern - Has also struggled for form but has looked more likely at CB than Forster
LB - Stevenson - The ever reliable Lewis will work his socks off and can slot in at LB

RW - Watmore - get the ball to him around the box and he'll worry the Yams
DM - Thomson - Played in his favoured position with remit to provide outball to our beleagered defence so they don't just blooter it aimlessly up the park all the time (esp Nelson).
AM - Stanton - Sammy to push forward from the middle and support Cummings at every opportunity
CM - Robertson - really hoping he'll be fit enough as we've missed his energy to get up and down the middle
LM - Cairney - I know he's a right footer but has played LM before and has a bit of dig about him which we badly need and will run at players

CF - Cummings - Actually got a few shots away vs the Saints and looked a threat

Bench:
Murdoch
Maybury/Black/Baptie?
Harris
Taiwo
Craig
Collins
Haynes

If Robertson isn't ready then I'd maybe opt for two up front with Collins partnering Cummings.

spike220
21-04-2014, 05:04 AM
It might be a bit of a cliche but this sounds like it was written for our team at this moment in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

California-Hibs
21-04-2014, 05:57 AM
GK - Williams

RB - Black
CB - Forster
CB - McGivern
LB - Baptie

RM - Watmore
CM - Robertson (C)
CM - Thomson
LM - Stevenson

FW - Cummings

Would take that team no problem! We won't see it however.

Onion
21-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Butcher should just pick the 11 hardest players at the club and get tanked in to Hearts.

The 3 points are of no use to them. We desperately need them. Ok, confidence is low, but that's no excuse for not giving 100%.

Unseen work
21-04-2014, 06:33 AM
ugh i really dont know anymore.

everytime i try justify why a player should get his chance as i think he could do the role well, he eventually does it and is poor. Im fed up of constant chopping and changing the team but theirs nothing we can do as they are all terrible.

Id be tempted to try

williams

forster nelson mcgivern stevenson

thomson stanton

watmore harris craig

cummings

Would try harris through the middle because like sterling for liverpool has been playing in the hole, its very hard for teams to mark and deal with a player so quick playing their running into the space ( granted hes nowhere near his ability) but i would be tempted to try it as i think he would make their midfielders and defence have a decision to make.

I think with harris watmote and cummings all playing it would really put hearts under pressure with their pace and would see a couple pick up bookings

Craig back in at left wing as him and stevenson will work hard and double up, he also scored 6 from that position and has a good cross

Cummings in as he is the only one scoring, ideally i would like handling to be up top with him but i fear us playing 2 up top would make us get over run in midfield.

Also how bad must boateng be? he has started once in a team leaking goals? butcher must have 0 faith in him.

Just win the game hibs, show a wee bit of passion and ability for a change ffs

ALF TUPPER
21-04-2014, 06:54 AM
They dont play an u-20s team, enough of this myth.

indeed -good call. I refused to buy into this.

So, I've just spent 2 minutes of my life checking it.

Source. taken from the Jambos website. :jamboak:

The Yams Official first team squad average age is 22.
Now , some of these guys haven't played for the first team this season. They've been keeping the bench warm.

I cant be ar$ed analysing actual appearances to get the exact mm/yyyy of their team. They aren't so young. These guys should be nearing their peak.

So , there is no need to buy into this BBC Sportsound, Allan Preston, Billy Brown propaganda that the jambos are all inexperienced wee boys. It's cobblers. They have a mix of youth and experience.

Some of their " little kids" are grown men with better taches than Rod Petrie.

I still think we will do them at the weekend. GGTTH :tbgwa:

itslegaltender
21-04-2014, 10:00 AM
This is the time for Hibees fans to stand up and be counted. The Yams will be there to gloat even tho their own club is a financial mess built on cheating and swindling and are now facing seasons outside the top league.

Lets get tore into these barstewards from the outset, midfield of Craig on right, Robertson and Thomson in the middle, with Cairney on the right.

gegs70
21-04-2014, 10:29 AM
Who cam get us goals? What formation will.get us goals....incidentally who is our fastest players the current squad?

Mr White
21-04-2014, 10:52 AM
our fastest players the current squad?

Watmore and harris I suspect.

Moulin Yarns
21-04-2014, 11:15 AM
I have just checked to see what channel it is on, and it is on BT Sport, I was so hoping it would be on Sky Sports so I would have an excuse to not have to watch it.

gegs70
21-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Harris is perhaps still lacking confidence, but what's happened to zoubir I thought he may well have been an impact player even for 15-20 minutes?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Thoughts are that if Hearts win, factoring in the deduction, they would then be equal points with Hibs. Also they would bring Hibs into potentially 11th place and into the play off place with 3 to play. Their record this season v us is won 3, lost 1, scored 5 conceded 2. They have won last game, drawn v Aberdeen, beaten Partick handsomely away.

That's my thoughts - 11 green bottlers will crash again. Absolutely no doubt about it.

Michael Nelson's nickname is admiral which suggests leadership - he should really change his nickname.

James Collins is listed as a striker - he should really look at a change of occupation - he is utterly utterly dire.

That's my thoughts - oh and I'll be lumping on Hearts at whatever odds - in fact, I'd be surprised if bookies don't make them odds on or evens.

Hang your heads in utter shame Hibernian Football Club. Pure shame.

Hearts are 7/2 with Skybet, amazing really!

heretoday
21-04-2014, 08:48 PM
It's a funny old game. What are the odds on Hibs winning 3-0?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-04-2014, 08:52 PM

Must be about 10000000000/1 :greengrin

erin go bragh
22-04-2014, 10:57 AM

Take it we must be evens or money on ?
Very rarley back us but never ever would i put a penny on that lot .
Bookies are rarely wrong . Cmon Hibs , get stuck right into these diet hun barstewards .

Ggtth

silverhibee
22-04-2014, 11:12 AM
This is the time for Hibees fans to stand up and be counted. The Yams will be there to gloat even tho their own club is a financial mess built on cheating and swindling and are now facing seasons outside the top league.

Lets get tore into these barstewards from the outset, midfield of Craig on right, Robertson and Thomson in the middle, with Cairney on the right.

Like what we have being doing from even before the league started this season, turned up in numbers for the Malmo game, let down by the players, and you know what, the supporters are still standing up and being counted right up to the weekend there and we will turn up this Sunday coming, how about the team f***ing turning up for a change and put a performance in on the pitch for us the supporters.

Aldo
22-04-2014, 11:17 AM
ugh i really dont know anymore. everytime i try justify why a player should get his chance as i think he could do the role well, he eventually does it and is poor. Im fed up of constant chopping and changing the team but theirs nothing we can do as they are all terrible. Id be tempted to try williams forster nelson mcgivern stevenson thomson stanton watmore harris craig cummings Would try harris through the middle because like sterling for liverpool has been playing in the hole, its very hard for teams to mark and deal with a player so quick playing their running into the space ( granted hes nowhere near his ability) but i would be tempted to try it as i think he would make their midfielders and defence have a decision to make. I think with harris watmote and cummings all playing it would really put hearts under pressure with their pace and would see a couple pick up bookings Craig back in at left wing as him and stevenson will work hard and double up, he also scored 6 from that position and has a good cross Cummings in as he is the only one scoring, ideally i would like handling to be up top with him but i fear us playing 2 up top would make us get over run in midfield. Also how bad must boateng be? he has started once in a team leaking goals? butcher must have 0 faith in him. Just win the game hibs, show a wee bit of passion and ability for a change ffs

Like your way of thinking but swap Harris and Watmore. Give him the ball and get him to run direct and the CH's. Harris has bee turning inside a lot.

#FromTheCapital
22-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Take it we must be evens or money on ?
Very rarley back us but never ever would i put a penny on that lot .
Bookies are rarely wrong . Cmon Hibs , get stuck right into these diet hun barstewards .

Ggtth

I think in this case they're very wrong. They obviously haven't done their homework for this fixture and I imagine the odds will be shortened closer to Sunday. We don't score and haven't won a single game in months. Hearts are pish, but they seem to be on a decent run now that the pressure is off them.

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Forster needs resting as we are leaking goals through his position mind you you could say that for a few others as well, as for Admiral Nelson what do you do there ?, i used to think PC Murdoch was bad but he takes some beating. Play a few lads as they could not be any worse and it would give them a bit of experience.

yekimevol
22-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Williams
Tawio Foster Mcpake Mcgriven Stevenson
Harris Stanton Thomson Craig
Collins

No clean sheets so switch to a back five !!!

Sir David Gray
22-04-2014, 03:30 PM

It won't be but it should be about 250/1.

Keith_M
22-04-2014, 03:34 PM

That's incredible. Sounds like a sure thing to me. It'll give us a bit of money to drown our sorrows.

Green Fish
22-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Madden the ref, Willie conk on the line, hopefully no fek ups this time!!

BurstBaw
22-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Match officials.........

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=715

MSK
22-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Madden the ref, Willie conk on the line, hopefully no fek ups this time!!Jambo ..:agree:

AndySOL1875
23-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Im just absolutely desperate to see 100% from every player on Sunday, its the biggest game of our season. If we don't win either this and/or the Partick game we are well and truly *****ed.

A BIT OF PASSION PLEASE.

EH54
23-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Going to be a very poor Edinburgh Derby i think poor crowd poor game, Still going for a 1-0 Hibs win :confused:

number 27
23-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Going to be a very poor Edinburgh Derby i think poor crowd poor game, Still going for a 1-0 Hibs win :confused:

To be fair it might be a small crowd and a low standard of football but if we win 1-0 in any fashoin it will not be a "very poor" derby in my eyes.

#FromTheCapital
23-04-2014, 12:15 PM
To be fair it might be a small crowd and a low standard of football but if we win 1-0 in any fashoin it will not be a "very poor" derby in my eyes.

Agreed. Past caring about good football. 3 points are all that matter.

EH54
23-04-2014, 12:24 PM

You know what i was getting at

FromTheCapital
23-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Watmore
Thomson
Taiwo
Stevenson

Stanton
Cummings

cleanyman
23-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Jambo ..:agree:

He's a Dunfermline fan.

number 27
23-04-2014, 01:21 PM
You know what i was getting at

Yes I do, it wasn't meant as a dig at you, sorry if you took it that way.

Rocky
23-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Williams

Forster
McPake
Nelson
McGivern

Watmore
Thomson
Taiwo
Stevenson

Stanton
Cummings

According to EEN today Forster is suspended

FromTheCapital
23-04-2014, 01:26 PM
According to EEN today Forster is suspended

I thought he was suspended for the game after the derby?

Billy Whizz
23-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Yams now sold out their end, come on Hibees, snap up these tickets

Rocky
23-04-2014, 01:30 PM
I thought he was suspended for the game after the derby?

Dunno - it was in their Hearts / Hibs round up section, lifted from the Daily Mail. I guess there's a lot of opportunity for error between EEN and Mail!

Billy Whizz
23-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Dunno - it was in their Hearts / Hibs round up section, lifted from the Daily Mail. I guess there's a lot of opportunity for error between EEN and Mail!

It his booking on Saturday took him over the points total, he's ok for the next game, but would miss the Partick one

Bronson
23-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Ticket sales seem quite poor as expected, East has very limited availability, Famous 5 lower is pretty full but Famous 5 upper and the sides of the West are pretty much empty. Looking at around 14,000 as it stands I would imagine, hopefully sales pick up more as the week goes on.

silverhibee
23-04-2014, 02:37 PM
:sofa::sofa::sofa::sofa:

:sofa:

VivaHiberņa
23-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Is that the line up for Sunday?

jakeshibs
23-04-2014, 02:52 PM
come on lets get behind the team, get in to those YAMS, calling all Hibbys no matter how bad we are, it could be worse. we have the moral high ground no matter what lets them know this, Hibees, Hibees, Hibees!!!

B.H.F.C
23-04-2014, 04:13 PM

Unfortunately I don't think there'll be any late surge for tickets like the last derby at ER.

Shame there'll be a lot of empty seats as it's a bloody massive game for us.

ChooseLife
23-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Let's get ER rocking like this again, absolutely buzzing :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg2ulgHj5mM

MSK
23-04-2014, 04:31 PM
He's a Dunfermline fan.Willie "conk" Conquer is a dyed in the wool jambo, he was my neebs growing up in Bingham for many years..

That said, for a jambo he is one o the better ones ..

TheFamous1875
23-04-2014, 04:56 PM
I think I would like to go..

Williams.

Black. Forster. McGivern. Baptie.

Thomson. Stevenson.

Watmore. Stanton. Harris.

Cummings.

The defence is a gamble, but I think it has to be with the current form of Nelson. McGivern is better at CH than LB, so hopefully he can deliver (all we have is hope). The two young full backs because according to the forums they can get up and down the flanks and are proper full backs. Having proper full backs could give us a big lift in attack and defence (we need to attack).

Thomson and Stevenson together in the middle could (on paper) be a great pairing. Thomson with his composure on the ball, and Stevenson for his tenacity, pace and energy. Both could compliment each other really well I think.

Of the front four only Harris do I have my reservations. Ideally he should be brought in as impact in the last half hour giving us an extra ace up the sleeve. They're all interchangeable as they can all cut in off their opposite side or cross in or play behind Cummings (who I'm sure himself could play in the AM). You could even have Cairney in the mix somewhere, it doesn't really matter (although I think he would offer a LOT more playing behind the striker hiding his criminal lack of pace).

Cummings is there on merit as he looked dangerous at the weekend and seems to actually be capable of playing football. That's good enough for me.

I think this could be a good balance as the midfield two is key. Thomson and Stevenson can cover for the full back and provide support to the wingers and dominate the middle of the park. Also worth noting that their 'inspirational' Hamill is suspended and that we would more than dominate the midfield and control the game with these two together in the middle (at least we should!)

The defence isn't the best, but two proper full backs with energy and pace as they've been numerously claimed to be would be great for the centre halfs and great in attack.

Someone mentioned that at yesterday's U20 match that Butcher off the record said he would be using youth in the coming matches left this season, so I don't see why he shouldn't start this weekend.

It's all a gamble, that's all we have, but I think we be better off gambling and giving them a go (remember that their team is absolutely rubbish and that the fear is more of ourselves than their ability as footballers).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cleanyman
23-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Willie "conk" Conquer is a dyed in the wool jambo, he was my neebs growing up in Bingham for many years..

That said, for a jambo he is one o the better ones ..

May have been a jambo in the past but not anymore.

Loves the pars.

cleanyman
23-04-2014, 05:41 PM
May have been a jambo in the past but not anymore.

Loves the pars.

Only reason im saying this is because I spoke to him recently. Adopted fifer Ken.

Eyrie
23-04-2014, 05:57 PM

Are you suggesting we take a leaf out of Mourinho's book and park the sofas?

ALF TUPPER
23-04-2014, 06:24 PM

Got ours. My son and I. Can't wait !

GGTTH. We're going to do them. It's all going to click - finally. :aok:

Bronson
23-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Got ours. My son and I. Can't wait !

GGTTH. We're going to do them. It's all going to click - finally. :aok:

What a breath of fresh air that post was, mon the hibs:thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Anyone think this has a chance of 20k then?:greengrin

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Anyone think this has a chance of 20k then?:greengrin

Sadly i I doubt it.

Saorsa
23-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Anyone think this has a chance of 20k then?:greengrinAye, two chances....

hibsbollah
23-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I am staggered that the bookies have the jambos at 7/2. Just incredible. I know the received wisdom is they always know best but I genuinely, and regretfully, cant see past us losing again. I'm going along but have a feeling of dread about it.

However, i put a tenner on Forster as first scorer out of solidarity :greengrin

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;3980849]Yams now sold out their end, come on Hibees, snap up these tickets[

The boot is on the other foot this time .not surprised they have snapped up theirs.I will be there with my son and a few others I have persuaded but there won't be same last minute rush to snap up ours given poor run of form,our inability to score ,it's on TV ,the price for what's on offer ,and glory hunters will stay away fearing a fourth defeat and more jambos running on pitch when they score rubbing it in .
This one is a Hard sell Billy ,but maybe just maybe our luck will turn when we least expect it and do folk really not want to be there just in case .

Hibernia&Alba
24-04-2014, 10:27 AM
I'm still not looking forward to it. Then again a pessimist can't be disappointed, and perhaps just for once Hibs will surprise me.

GREEN WARLORD
24-04-2014, 11:30 AM
I had the unfortunate time of watching the Poppy Thieves in training, twice this week (HWU used to be a nice place to work as well). Tuesdays order of the day was lots of work on cross balls and today was quick keep the ball passing then more cross ball work. So will it be Maybury and McGivern as our 2 backs on Sunday? I think everything they throw at us will come down the wings.

oramhibee
25-04-2014, 10:16 AM
We should play the East of Scotland team! They would do better than the numpties we have now!