PDA

View Full Version : A worrying statistic..

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Since we beat Hearts on the 2nd of January we have played 15 league games. We have won 1 of them (Ross County 2-1). That is almost half a seasons worth of games with 1 win. I understand peoples frustrations with Petrie but at the end of the day he isn't out there on the pitch every week. I really do not understand what is going on with these group of players. I dont know if the players just aren't fans of TB or whatever it is but I would still expect 11 proffesional football players to be able to go out on the pitch and give their all for 90 minutes, even just looking at the fans who still come out in force week in wee out to support them and they cant muster up anything like a competitive performance. Their needs to be a MAJOR upheavel in the summer, I just pray we're still in the top league and a position where we can attract decent players, because at the moment im not so sure we will be.

Sas_The_Hibby
19-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately only one of MANY worrying statistics.

dmc1875
19-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Butcher changing the team week in week out is shambolic. Utter mess this club is in right now.

1,600 Hibs fans go through, and within 15 seconds we are one down. The players are either not good enough or just don't give a toss.

Things were dire under Fenlon and I as much as any wanted change. I'm starting to think I was wrong now there is no chance we would be in this position if Fenlon was still manager.

We were not a good football team, but we had a consistent starting line up and players playing in positions (Liam Craig) they should have been.

Utterly disgusted with the imposters on the bench and on the pitch. Don't know why I continue to go and support the team.

Craig_in_Prague
19-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I was at that game. We played well and deserved to win. Cant really believe 2 months later it was our last win.
Relegation a certainty, from looking at top 4-6 finish. ONLY Hibs

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I think just about every statistic would qualify as 'worrying', if we're going to give them all their own thread the admins better invest in some more bandwidth! :hilarious

Gatecrasher
19-04-2014, 04:17 PM
We are in free fall how anyone can think we won't get relegated is beyond me.

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Petrie is in charge of the system. His job isn't just to appoint managers but to make sure that everything in the business chain is running smoothly.

We've been crumbling slowly but surely for a number of years now. I honestly don't believe that he's monitoring everything as he should be. Or perhaps he is, but has no idea what to do about it, other than more managerial changes and more player clear outs.

But it comes down to one basic simple fact, if you don't have a workable system in place, then simply changing staff and players won't fix anything.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Since we beat Hearts on the 2nd of January we have played 15 league games. We have won 1 of them (Ross County 2-1). That is almost half a seasons worth of games with 1 win. I understand peoples frustrations with Petrie but at the end of the day he isn't out there on the pitch every week. I really do not understand what is going on with these group of players. I dont know if the players just aren't fans of TB or whatever it is but I would still expect 11 proffesional football players to be able to go out on the pitch and give their all for 90 minutes, even just looking at the fans who still come out in force week in wee out to support them and they cant muster up anything like a competitive performance. Their needs to be a MAJOR upheavel in the summer, I just pray we're still in the top league and a position where we can attract decent players, because at the moment im not so sure we will be.

Sadly mate you have highlighted the main problem at Hibernian FC - Rod Petrie.

He negotiates the deals, or should I say misspends your money, offers meagre deals, and Hibs do not push the boat out to get top 6 - instead, for last few seasons we have been fighting relegation and being embarrassed right left and centre on the pitch because of this.

He is EXACTLY the man that anger and frustration should be aimed at - the only person in my opinion. We are where we are because he has refused to offer going rates. Other clubs have then poached our targets - all of whom gave had or are having good seasons elsewhere.

Relegation will happen, for me there is no doubt now. Far too many changes of formation, far too many strange decisions last 15 games, poor ref decisions, really unfortunate injuries at key times.

Stephen Thompson sits with the fans at Ibrox, is willing to push the boat out for players pre-season and secure young players (as we saw with Goodwillie), really lives, eats and breathes football and United. Stewart Gilmour sits on the cup winning bus and is seen really enjoying being with the players. Geoff Brown's lad is another who loves his football and is very regularly in the media and doesn't shy away from them. Leeann Dempster is upbeat, vibrant, enthusiastic.

Our 'leader' is happy to sit at other games, in his suit, looking smug, never once done a Hibs TV interview to tell us what is going on, what the plan is, how he and STF will back the manager in summer. In short, he has hid - like some of our players.

Lots of good players have been offered to Hibs, lots wanted to come - yet they went elsewhere - you don't need to look far for the reason.

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 04:29 PM

He negotiates the deals, or should I say misspends your money, offers meagre deals, and Hibs do not push the boat out to get top 6 - instead, for last few seasons we have been fighting relegation and being embarrassed right left and centre on the pitch because of this.

He is EXACTLY the man that anger and frustration should be aimed at - the only person in my opinion. We are where we are because he has refused to offer going rates. Other clubs have then poached our targets - all of whom gave had or are having good seasons elsewhere.

Relegation will happen, for me there is no doubt now. Far too many changes of formation, far too many strange decisions last 15 games, poor ref decisions, really unfortunate injuries at key times.

Stephen Thompson sits with the fans at Ibrox, is willing to push the boat out for players pre-season and secure young players (as we saw with Goodwillie), really lives, eats and breathes football and United. Stewart Gilmour sits on the cup winning bus and is seen really enjoying being with the players. Geoff Brown's lad is another who loves his football and is very regularly in the media and doesn't shy away from them. Leeann Dempster is upbeat, vibrant, enthusiastic.

Our 'leader' is happy to sit at other games, in his suit, looking smug, never once done a Hibs TV interview to tell us what is going on, what the plan is, how he and STF will back the manager in summer. In short, he has hid - like some of our players.

Lots of good players have been offered to Hibs, lots wanted to come - yet they went elsewhere - you don't need to look far for the reason.

Don't get me wrong, I want Petrie out as much as the next man. The fact he has overseen the decline of this football club over the last few years and has done absolutely nothing to change it whilst more or less every other top flight team (bar the obvious examples) have gone from strength to strength and improved. Nothing is going to change before the end of the season unfortunately, which is why I was trying to look at another serious issue of the complete lack of motivation and spirit in our first 11. Consistently horrible performances like the players have been putting in in any other job in life and you'd be getting booted out the door, these players just seem too happy to take their weekly wage and give a half assed effort every Saturday.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-04-2014, 04:36 PM

Id have to say the enigmatic support we appear to be I'm not too sure how they'd be received.

Cropley10
19-04-2014, 05:44 PM

And yet there will still be a few on here who will doubt you, when all the evidence supports this.

We have a Chairman who isn't interested enough in winning football matches. Simple as that.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 07:38 PM
There's so many to choose from it's hard to know where to start.

1 win in 15 matches.
5 defeats in a row.
No goals in our last four matches.
No away wins in five months.
Only been ahead in 4 out of the 16 games that have been played in 2014 (only winning 2 of those games).
Our top goalscorer is still in single figures for the season.
Our 4 fit strikers have scored a combined total of 8 goals between them.
Joint lowest scorers in Scotland.
Worst team in the league since the New Year.
Goal difference of -16 since the beginning of the year.
1 clean sheet in almost 4 months.

I think that's probably more than enough to be getting on with for now.

greenpaper55
19-04-2014, 07:44 PM

:top marksSaid the same for a long time, change will come but at what price ?.

Billy Whizz
19-04-2014, 07:46 PM

1 win in 15 matches.
5 defeats in a row.
Only been ahead in 4 out of the 16 games that have been played in 2014 (only winning 2 of those games).

Thanks for cheering me up

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 08:01 PM
:top marksSaid the same for a long time, change will come but at what price ?.

I really hope you are not pinning hopes on him going if we get relegated = because all RP sees is a 'worst case scenario' of slightly reduced TV income and seasons, but 2 games v Rangers, 2 games v Hearts, cup games, Easter Road being used for semi and Ramsdens again, and that he now has an excuse not to offer players money they are after as we are in a lower division and can't 'absorb the cost'.

SPFL2 as it will be called also offers a chance for far more TV money - it's nearly if not better quality as the SPFL - Hibs actually may have a chance of winning it FFS.

Petrie does not and will not care. He will however call for your money when we go down - that I'm afraid is par for his course.

Hibernia&Alba
19-04-2014, 08:12 PM

1 win in 15 matches.
5 defeats in a row.

What a shambles. 29 goals in 34 games, too. It's beyond embarrassing.

stevejordan
19-04-2014, 08:12 PM

1 win in 15 matches.
5 defeats in a row.

Current Form Chart of Bottom 6 does not look good we have one point from last 6 Games nearest to us is Ross County who have 5 points from last 6 Killie have 6 points more worrying is we have only scored 1 goal in these game which was a goal in the 3-1 defeat to Partick Thistle.
Our only point gained was in the Nil Nil away game to Inverness on the 12th March we have conceeded 14 goals in last 6 games and scored only 1 which has eaten into our goal difference by 13 goals against in this period goal difference could be vital as its worth a point
Kilmarnock and Ross County on current form are our best bet if we can beat either of these 2 we have a chance

if any one can show Duffy Jims stats for last 15 games it would be interesting to compare.

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Here's a stat though - over 16,000 of us bought tickets and watched us beat Hearts last time at Easter Road. Let's see if there is the same desire for this game.

Someone mocked Boyd today for saying Scottish players think they've made it - I'd love to see someone like Kris Boyd at Hibs, simply love it. The lad speaks sense every time I've heard him since he has done media work. Our players seem to think that once they play for Hibs, it's plain sailing. Well there's a reason Boyd, Kenny Miller, Broony, Whittaker etc have lavish pads, nice cars and live the high life - they never ever stopped wanting to be successful and play beyond themselves.

Hibs have journeyman who are the Bosman rejects.

Terry - come out this week, name your side, put a few U20's in, and start the rally cries - let's see if Hibs are game enough to do that.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=Trig;3976334]There's so many to choose from it's hard to know where to start.

1 win in 15 matches.
5 defeats in a row.

I think that's probably more than enough to be getting on with

Give us more ,it's not until you see them all laid bare like that you realise how easy the opposition team managers talk is .

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Thanks for cheering me up

Don't mention it.

Come back again next Sunday, I'm sure there will be more to add to the list.

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 08:46 PM
We are in free fall how anyone can think we won't get relegated is beyond me.
We are in free fall ,just as well we get a Parachute payment :wink: .No supporter of the other teams fear us and that probably goes for players as well .So it's hard to see how we break this cycle .Chopping and changing every game shows desperation and isn't working for him .Owen Tudor Jones coming in is an example as he didn't use him when he first came to hibs but he was fit but he brings him in from nowhere .Thompson isn't viewed good enough then he brings him in .Harris told you need time in under 20s to get confidence back you won't play again this season then he brings him back Heff deemed not good enough then all of a sudden the team for Aberdeen was build round him playiing .
Craig our top scorer and captain , confidence shot to pieces and played out of position ,dropped and brought back in now dropped again .Cairney in and out like a yo yo .etc etc
Combine that with Hanlon missing and we all know him and Nelson is only partnership that has worked so other teams know that's now an area we are weak.Stevenson isn't natural left back and not best position ,No front partnership and no natural goalscorer.it's not great place to be in just now.
He clearly thinks bringing in a couple of under 20s players is not right thing to do but as he isn't calling team right week on week what's he got to loose asat present we are spiralling out of control to the Playoffs and everyone can see it

Criswell
19-04-2014, 09:52 PM
Last season we were just as bad, the difference being we had a prolific goalscorer and that kept us out of trouble. I can't help feeling we let Griffiths slip through our fingers. I know Petrie will refute the rumours concerning the amount Wolves would have accepted at one stage (150k) and perhaps that was all they were; rumours.

However, I still feel, if we had acted more decisively, sooner, and were prepared to push the boat out a bit (ie showed some ambition) perhaps we could have landed him. Jeez, we need some goals now but I have no idea where they are going to come from?

scuttle
19-04-2014, 09:56 PM
We are in free fall ,just as well we get a Parachute payment :wink: .No supporter of the other teams fear us and that probably goes for players as well .So it's hard to see how we break this cycle .Chopping and changing every game shows desperation and isn't working for him .Owen Tudor Jones coming in is an example as he didn't use him when he first came to hibs but he was fit but he brings him in from nowhere .Thompson isn't viewed good enough then he brings him in .Harris told you need time in under 20s to get confidence back you won't play again this season then he brings him back Heff deemed not good enough then all of a sudden the team for Aberdeen was build round him playiing .
Craig our top scorer and captain , confidence shot to pieces and played out of position ,dropped and brought back in now dropped again .Cairney in and out like a yo yo .etc etc
Combine that with Hanlon missing and we all know him and Nelson is only partnership that has worked so other teams know that's now an area we are weak.Stevenson isn't natural left back and not best position ,No front partnership and no natural goalscorer.it's not great place to be in just now.
He clearly thinks bringing in a couple of under 20s players is not right thing to do but as he isn't calling team right week on week what's he got to loose asat present we are spiralling out of control to the Playoffs and everyone can see it

Yip :agree:

Sir David Gray
20-04-2014, 02:14 PM

1 win in 15 matches.
5 defeats in a row.

Sorry, slight error with one of these stats.

We won up at Dingwall on Boxing Day so it's actually been four months since our last victory away from home, not five.

Apologies!

Ronniekirk
20-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Sorry, slight error with one of these stats.

We won up at Dingwall on Boxing Day so it's actually been four months since our last victory away from home, not five.

Apologies!
Don't worry I am sure we will soon put that stat right in course of next few weeks :agree:

Hibercelona
20-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Someone mocked Boyd today for saying Scottish players think they've made it - I'd love to see someone like Kris Boyd at Hibs, simply love it. The lad speaks sense every time I've heard him since he has done media work. Our players seem to think that once they play for Hibs, it's plain sailing. Well there's a reason Boyd, Kenny Miller, Broony, Whittaker etc have lavish pads, nice cars and live the high life - they never ever stopped wanting to be successful and play beyond themselves.

:top marks

You can never be your best, unless you're willing to better yourself. Unfortunately, we don't have players at the club with that mind set.

WestStandMoaner
20-04-2014, 02:33 PM

Good post:aok:

bobbyhibs1983
20-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Very intresting stats n stuff from everyone, but the thing that worries me if surely the people at our club, ie. the manager would know these stats. see we dont score enoguh goals for example, what can i and the players do to solve this? same with most other stats, it just seems we as a club seem to make the same mistake week after week month after month.

As somone said above about wanting to better yourself is spot on, but it seems to me, in the last few seasons, we have had players,managers who seem happy to be avarage and our chairman, thinking wohoooh another mid table finish shrugg

Sir David Gray
21-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Don't worry I am sure we will soon put that stat right in course of next few weeks :agree:

Considering we only have one more away game this season, there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

Spike Mandela
21-04-2014, 04:13 PM
It's always darkest before the dawn.:cb

stevejordan
21-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Another interesting stat is our last away win was against Ross County on 26th December last year, our last home win was against Ross County on the 15th February it looks like Ross County are what is between us and the play offs 3 points in it.

We play them on Tuesday 6th May at Dingwall we clearly have the better off them if we win that game we are safe.

Malthibby
21-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Strictly speaking, it's usually darkest a
while before the dawn, after which it gradually lightens as dawn approaches........
But I know what you mean:greengrin
We badly need to dawn all over the Jambos.
GG