PDA

View Full Version : Question Hibs Supporters Revolt

Chump
19-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Could it ever work?
Should it now really be a serious consideration?

We are Hibs FC....I cannot believe how bad it has actually got. Don't kid yourself that we have accepted mediocracy because that would be mid table. We haven't accepted mediocracy because that would be scoring 1 goal per game. We haven't accepted mediocracy because that would be an average return of wins at home in a calendar year. We are so far from mediocracy just now it is embarassing. Mediocracy is mixing it with Motherwell, St J, Dundee Utd etc and they are currently in a different footballing league in my opinion.

We have a 'leader' who is so far detached from the Hibs supporters it is quite unbelievable....our 'owner' has happily watched over Hibs demise from afar and they actually think that papering over the cracks with a new manager ever other season is going to wash......Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, Hughes, Mixu, Collins etc are all scapegoats for this sorry excuse of a club.

I don't want to hear about a great training facility....I want wins and 3 pts
I don't want to hear about a lovely stadium....I want to see it full with smiling faces
I don't want to hear about balance sheets....I want us dominating Hearts
I don't want to hear about obtaining top 6....I want us pushing for top 2 or 3
I don't want to hear about cup exits....I want more cup finals

We are Hibs FC and what we are getting just now is a disgusting excuse of a product that RP and STF should be absolutely ashamed of. I am livid with the direction the club is heading and so should every single Hibs fan.

What would it take?? What can we realistically do?? Can the Hibs Supporters Trust really take us forward??

Big Frank
19-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Chump.

Saorsa
19-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Nonsense, we just have tae have patience and keep buying season tickets and wait for the 5 year plan tae come tae fruition. :agree:

The plan starts again on Monday :agree:

ionahibby
19-04-2014, 03:25 PM
A bit ott but i see where you are coming from. Maybe hold that "revolt" until we find out if we are relegated or not!

seanshow
19-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Release these revolting wasters on the park, and restart next season with a complete new squad of hungry players.

Division we are in ........tbc

Scònaldò
19-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Nonsense, we just have tae have patience and keep buying season tickets and wait for the 5 year plan tae come tae fruition. :agree:

The plan starts again on Monday :agree:

:greengrin

sleeping giant
19-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Chump.

:agree:

madhatter
19-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm right behind this one - sometimes it seems we are too patient, too used to persevering that the club gets away with daylight robbery - buy season tickets early for an expensive price ("early bird") even though we could be relegated, sign up to hibernian lotto...the list goes on but yet we get cowboys on the pitch. Pity none of them can lasso though as they might be able to stop opposition scoring...

GreenCastle
19-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Could it ever work?
Should it now really be a serious consideration?

We are Hibs FC....I cannot believe how bad it has actually got. Don't kid yourself that we have accepted mediocracy because that would be mid table. We haven't accepted mediocracy because that would be scoring 1 goal per game. We haven't accepted mediocracy because that would be an average return of wins at home in a calendar year. We are so far from mediocracy just now it is embarassing. Mediocracy is mixing it with Motherwell, St J, Dundee Utd etc and they are currently in a different footballing league in my opinion.

We have a 'leader' who is so far detached from the Hibs supporters it is quite unbelievable....our 'owner' has happily watched over Hibs demise from afar and they actually think that papering over the cracks with a new manager ever other season is going to wash......Calderwood, Fenlon, Butcher, Hughes, Mixu, Collins etc are all scapegoats for this sorry excuse of a club.

I don't want to hear about a great training facility....I want wins and 3 pts
I don't want to hear about a lovely stadium....I want to see it full with smiling faces
I don't want to hear about balance sheets....I want us dominating Hearts
I don't want to hear about obtaining top 6....I want us pushing for top 2 or 3
I don't want to hear about cup exits....I want more cup finals

We are Hibs FC and what we are getting just now is a disgusting excuse of a product that RP and STF should be absolutely ashamed of. I am livid with the direction the club is heading and so should every single Hibs fan.

What would it take?? What can we realistically do?? Can the Hibs Supporters Trust really take us forward??

I like your drive and passion :agree:

This is far from the fans fault - however some fans have accepted / given up on the club rather than do something about it.

Together as fans we are stronger to put pressure on for improvements. Summer is massive but before than can be thought about we are in a crisis now which needs fixed.

There isn't just one person to blame for this mess there are several responsible - as fans who pay money to support the club we all deserve better.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I like your drive and passion :agree:

This is far from the fans fault - however some fans have accepted / given up on the club rather than do something about it.

Together as fans we are stronger to put pressure on for improvements. Summer is massive but before than can be thought about we are in a crisis now which needs fixed.

There isn't just one person to blame for this mess there are several responsible - as fans who pay money to support the club we all deserve better.

No one can deny, we all deserve better - there are fans on here that were going to games before I was born but nothing changes the fact that apart from the fans, the club has been seen as a soft-touch for years - so much so we get ripped every time we reach a final or play in the cup. I honestly wouldn't care so much about the SC if we were consistently in top 3-4 and had European football and saw free-flowing attacking football each week. The club pat themselves on the back if we reach the SC final - remember Pat Fenlon's interview after the Celtic hiding? It was pretty much, we've improved, at least they didn't score 5...

Mediocrity is so embedded in now, due to generations seeing the same old thing year on year, that I'm worried for this club. Summer is massive, but I'm worried that what, us supporters can do now, is not enough - we've played our part with season tickets and funding but we're in this position again.

There are several people to blame. Managers who weren't good enough, wasting all our money on infrastructure and not 50% on team. Of which, owner and board are to blame the most. The managers were appointed and money was spent by them. What club sells its youth players for millions and doesn't sign any substantial player in return?

We need to stand united and get our club back, I'm starting to see it ebbing away. This stopped being a football club years ago and became some sort of community programme/business. More emphasis is placed on half-time entertainment than the game - even from us fans because lets be honest the half-time entertainment brings some joy and laughter whereas the game is 90+ mins of pain.

Hibs7
19-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Chump.

The only chumps are the supporters who sit back and do nothing while this club is being dragged into relegation ... Time we stood up and let the players and the management how we feel.

Joe6-2
19-04-2014, 06:06 PM
No one can deny, we all deserve better - there are fans on here that were going to games before I was born but nothing changes the fact that apart from the fans, the club has been seen as a soft-touch for years - so much so we get ripped every time we reach a final or play in the cup. I honestly wouldn't care so much about the SC if we were consistently in top 3-4 and had European football and saw free-flowing attacking football each week. The club pat themselves on the back if we reach the SC final - remember Pat Fenlon's interview after the Celtic hiding? It was pretty much, we've improved, at least they didn't score 5...

Mediocrity is so embedded in now, due to generations seeing the same old thing year on year, that I'm worried for this club. Summer is massive, but I'm worried that what, us supporters can do now, is not enough - we've played our part with season tickets and funding but we're in this position again.

There are several people to blame. Managers who weren't good enough, wasting all our money on infrastructure and not 50% on team. Of which, owner and board are to blame the most. The managers were appointed and money was spent by them. What club sells its youth players for millions and doesn't sign any substantial player in return?

We need to stand united and get our club back, I'm starting to see it ebbing away. This stopped being a football club years ago and became some sort of community programme/business. More emphasis is placed on half-time entertainment than the game - even from us fans because lets be honest the half-time entertainment brings some joy and laughter whereas the game is 90+ mins of pain.

I agree with this and the OP, what can we as fans do? Season after season we look for things to change, but do they? NO!

madhatter
19-04-2014, 06:25 PM
I put it to the floor - who is fed up of having Hearts workmates/buddies slagging you and the club and more to the point feeling like you'd ought to join in with them because you know it's rank rotten?

We're talking years here, not a bad season, not a bad record against the Jambos for 1 season or 2, years upon years and can anyone name anything tangible to suggest the rot is going to be cured? We're in another relegation fight, again. We're told of a long term plan, again. We're promised change, again. Should we change players, should we change manager, again?

Don't get me wrong, the depressive side to us, the fans, isn't going to help the club but neither, more importantly, is the malaise that will continue without intervention. Fans need something to support. The problem for the club is most fans are so fed up that a suggested revolt wouldn't happen because by the time it does - there will be so few fans who can bring themselves to care.

I, a grown man, have to hold back the tears when Hibs do well, and when they do bad. Do STF and Roderick?

matty_f
19-04-2014, 06:28 PM
A revolt wouldn't make these players any better.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 06:32 PM

True, but would it might stop us from getting another batch of underachieving players brought in on the cheap - we missed out on McManus, Rooney and many more. Instead we get the same old garbage.

We also let garbage players go to other SPFL teams and they turn out to be first-team regulars - Wotherspoon and Rankin prime examples. We all thought they were rank but there must be something higher up causing this. I still maintain John Collins left for this reason.

Hibby70
19-04-2014, 06:32 PM

240 volts maybe

GreenCastle
19-04-2014, 06:33 PM

It's not just about these players it's about the wider picture and the future.

If we survive this season can anyone really see us challenging for 2nd or 3rd next season - we are miles away and the culture at the club continues to be sour.

The Falcon
19-04-2014, 06:35 PM
The only chumps are the supporters who sit back and do nothing while this club is being dragged into relegation ... Time we stood up and let the players and the management how we feel.

You think they dont know?

I have to say I am not keen on a revolt for revolt's sake or protesting through anger. If I was to be part of any sort of protest there would have to be a clear plan as to where it was going with a desired outcome properly worked out.

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 06:36 PM
The element of apathy in our support these days is worrying. Whenever theres talk of standing up and having your voices heard, people would rather shoot down the idea rather than support it.

We need to force major changes to happen, because it can't continue on like this. Even if we do somehow get through this season, it's only a matter of time until we hit breaking point.

Another managerial change won't cut it. The clubs entire outlook needs to change. We need new ideas and new motos, because the current ones scream of mediocrity and failure.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 06:37 PM
You think they dont know?

I think they know but don't know the magnitude, knowing that someone is angry and upset does not allow you to understand how they feel. For instance, I'm raging and distraught - both in meaning worse than angry and upset...Plus does it fully allow anyone to understand how I feel, no? Only other fans will understand.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Lets put the entire debate aside and just look at the Season Ticket marketing scheme - Persevere... Jolly good...

The club are taking the ****

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 06:42 PM

Thats the spirit. Shoot down anybody who cares enough to speak the truth and want changes. It's the Hibs way these days.

ian omand
19-04-2014, 06:42 PM
I put it to the floor - who is fed up of having Hearts workmates/buddies slagging you and the club and more to the point feeling like you'd ought to join in with them because you know it's rank rotten?

We're talking years here, not a bad season, not a bad record against the Jambos for 1 season or 2, years upon years and can anyone name anything tangible to suggest the rot is going to be cured? We're in another relegation fight, again. We're told of a long term plan, again. We're promised change, again. Should we change players, should we change manager, again?

Don't get me wrong, the depressive side to us, the fans, isn't going to help the club but neither, more importantly, is the malaise that will continue without intervention. Fans need something to support. The problem for the club is most fans are so fed up that a suggested revolt wouldn't happen because by the time it does - there will be so few fans who can bring themselves to care.

I, a grown man, have to hold back the tears when Hibs do well, and when they do bad. Do STF and Roderick?

I would not normally agree with much that Davie Provan says but there is a quote from him when he wrote a column for a now defunct Sundays newspaper it was... No board of a football club treats their fans with as much contempt as that of Hibernian Football Club.
Stand up and be counted
One family
Terry butchers camouflaged army
All soundbites dreamed up by professional publicists not the sentiments of past and present board members all designed to get the mugs on board.

emerald green
19-04-2014, 06:43 PM

I don't think many of them give a flying f*** anyway. A goal down in 13 seconds in such an important game for this club is amateurish and unprofessional. I've seen pub teams defend better than these clowns. Really shocking. Please don't anyone tell me I'm being "negative".

The Falcon
19-04-2014, 06:43 PM
The element of apathy in our support these days is worrying. Whenever theres talk of standing up and having your voices heard, people would rather shoot down the idea rather than support it.

We need to force major changes to happen, because it can't continue on like this. Even if we do somehow get through this season, it's only a matter of time until we hit breaking point.

Another managerial change won't cut it. The clubs entire outlook needs to change. We need new ideas and new motos, because the current ones scream of mediocrity and failure.

How do you do that then?

Whats the cunning plan?

madhatter
19-04-2014, 06:44 PM

This is why we will remain where we are. You'd rather attack me than realise what is happening. I'm really open to other suggestions and please remember I'm not the original poster and I'm just voicing my opinion on a forum.

Tell you what, I'll go back to just reading this forum and Persevering on a Saturday with everyone else. That's what we're all good at.

Unbelievable, really.

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 06:48 PM
How do you do that then?

Whats the cunning plan?

We need to hit the board where it hurts, which is directly in the pocket.

I know this seems like a bad thing in the short term, but it's the only way we're ever truely going to get the message across.

The board don't read in words, they read in figures. If the figures are alright, then everything is alright as far as they're concerned and thats the problem.

Short term damage is our only real option. They will not listen to our words.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 06:48 PM
How do you do that then?

Whats the cunning plan?

We voice our opinion, get season ticket prices lowered until we have something to watch? We get the slogan of the club changed from persevere and from a bunch of lies "Enjoy watching good football". The only truth of it is "easy for groups to get seats together" because the stadium is so empty that's why.

Why slate us for voicing our opinion but yet no one seems willing to attack the club that has caused years of pain - bizarre.

We are all in this together remember - it is our club.

Stax
19-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Thats the spirit. Shoot down anybody who cares enough to speak the truth and want changes. It's the Hibs way these days.
Have a look at the post again and tell me you think it's genuine.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Just had a look at the table .... as things stand the Yams could have gained more points than us by the time the season ends ... what bigger condemnation of the club could there be.

What I watched today was beyond pathetic.

The brutal truth is that the only answer is for Sir Tom Famer to put his hand into his pocket ..... If he wont then as far as I'm concerned he can GTF ............ He is now the owner who turned us into a laughing stock. He takes no responsibility for the club he owns and makes no secret of the fact that Hibs on field failure is of no concern to him.

This **** has been going on for years now with the club being hamstrung by an owner who hasn't got the first idea of what owning a football club is really about.

FARMER OUT !!!

Stax
19-04-2014, 07:01 PM
This is why we will remain where we are. You'd rather attack me than realise what is happening. I'm really open to other suggestions and please remember I'm not the original poster and I'm just voicing my opinion on a forum.

Tell you what, I'll go back to just reading this forum and Persevering on a Saturday with everyone else. That's what we're all good at.

Unbelievable, really.
Not attacking you at all, just replying to your post and doing as you've done and voiced an opinion.

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Not attacking you at all, just replying to your post and doing as you've done and voiced an opinion.

You called the guy an erse and accused him of being a fan of the manks.

That's not an opinion, thats an attack on a fellow poster. One that is entirely uncalled for.

The Falcon
19-04-2014, 07:08 PM

I know this seems like a bad thing in the short term, but it's the only way we're ever truely going to get the message across.

The board don't read in words, they read in figures. If the figures are alright, then everything is alright as far as they're concerned and thats the problem.

What do you expect this to achieve?

Stax
19-04-2014, 07:14 PM
You called the guy an erse and accused him of being a fan of the manks.

That's not an opinion, thats an attack on a fellow poster. One that is entirely uncalled for.
My opinion still remains no matter how bad things are from "jambos at work" and how pissed of I am about things, "joining them" as the poster stated not an option. Wind up of a post, but that's just my opinion.

Hibercelona
19-04-2014, 07:16 PM
What do you expect this to achieve?

The board need to be panicked into making real changes throughout the club, not simply replacing likes for likes to keep us happy for a few more months with more false optimism.

The board view us as cattle with cash that we're more than happy to toss down an endless pit. We need to show them that we're not. We need to show them that we won't keep throwing money at them, for them to blow on bad decisions and false optimism.

They think we'll just keep coming back and they're taking the sheer liberty because of it.

The Falcon
19-04-2014, 07:21 PM
We voice our opinion, get season ticket prices lowered until we have something to watch? We get the slogan of the club changed from persevere and from a bunch of lies "Enjoy watching good football". The only truth of it is "easy for groups to get seats together" because the stadium is so empty that's why.

Why slate us for voicing our opinion but yet no one seems willing to attack the club that has caused years of pain - bizarre.

We are all in this together remember - it is our club.

Where did I slate your opinion?

I asked what you are hoping to achieve and how it is to be done? What would be "bizarre" would be protesting without a plan in place and the means to achieve it.

The Falcon
19-04-2014, 07:25 PM
The board need to be panicked into making real changes throughout the club, not simply replacing likes for likes to keep us happy for a few more months with more false optimism.

The board view us as cattle with cash that we're more than happy to toss down an endless pit. We need to show them that we're not. We need to show them that we won't keep throwing money at them, for them to blow on bad decisions and false optimism.

They think we'll just keep coming back and they're taking the sheer liberty because of it.

Could you be a bit more specific? Other than you want change, which probably a lot of folk recognise is needed, you don't really say what it is you want or how you intend to achieve it.

Kaiser1962
19-04-2014, 07:31 PM

The budget would be adjusted according to income, thus the sums involved might be less but the books would still balance.

FARMER OUT !!!

You may get your wish sooner than you think.

LeithBoozy
19-04-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't agree with the lads who have stated that the Hibs fans just except things, there are at least six or seven thousand who have voted with their feet already. Will we ever get them back, that is a worry, days like today will only make them glad they have chucked it. :rolleyes:

ian omand
19-04-2014, 07:40 PM
The budget would be adjusted according to income, thus the sums involved might be less but the books would still balance.

Yes so I hear too.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Whatever you may think - it is genuine, I support Hibs not those others but nevertheless I'm honest enough to admit that I'm fed up of being wound up by them every single year at every single derby and getting the feeling that it's the norm...when can we get a chance to wind them up?

madhatter
19-04-2014, 07:51 PM

I agree with this but some part of me thinks what budgets anyway? We pull bigger crowds than Motherwell, St Johnstone, Inverness...list goes on but they do better. In my opinion whatever budget there is - baring in mind the story about Rooney and so on - it's not worth forking out more than our counterparts for less? What's an Aberdeen season ticket cost? What's a Motherwell or Dundee United one?

madhatter
19-04-2014, 08:00 PM
My opinion still remains no matter how bad things are from "jambos at work" and how pissed of I am about things, "joining them" as the poster stated not an option. Wind up of a post, but that's just my opinion.

I never typed "joining them" - I said "joining in with" joking about our club not joining them in the stands at the Pink Bus Shelter... Such as stating to them that Petrie has to go and there is something wrong at Hibs. Honest Hearts fans even say that there is something wrong at ER in a non-wind up way. Most fans know there is a weakness and whilst the stadium and training facilities are nice - I think it's merely plaster over the cracks. wouldn't surprise me if Petrie leaked that we paid 200k for Collins to get us off his back.

franks
19-04-2014, 08:02 PM

You're 100% correct although of course that's just my opinion.

madhatter
19-04-2014, 08:27 PM
If we stay up we still need radical change - I can't help but get the impression that if we get 3pts against the Jambos that suddenly everything is happy days once more. I'm fully behind us and will be at the Derby but please tell me I'm not the only one that finds statements like the below is one of the reasons why we fail again and again:

“We were the fourth best team in the history of the SPL – or should I say the second best team in the history of the SPL of all the clubs which lived within their means and paid their creditors in full.”

Much past tense followed by stating we're the second best at paying bills! Yippee!

We can all sing "All the hibees get paid!" at the Derby and be cheery - oh wait their working their way out of administration...

leggeto
19-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Well can I predict that if we lose next week against them there will be bodies outside the main stand calling for Petrie's resignation

#2 Double Tap
19-04-2014, 08:42 PM
A revolt wouldn't make these players any better.nor any worse

RIP
20-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I completely understand the sentiments and we all have a right to use Hibs.net to vent our frustration.

But look around the SPFL. With or without the help of Supporters Direct rank and file supporters are getting organised to challenge the custodians of their clubs or fight to haul their clubs up by the bootstraps. The Well Trust, Foundation of Hearts, Union of Fans etc etc.

The question we have to ask ourselves is does it take a doomsday scenario (Administration, Liquidation, Relegation) to occur before some of us get active? We have done it before e.g. Hands off Hibs, Hands on Hibs.

Supporters of other clubs (Killie, St Mirren) have organised themselves. Our options appear to be straightforward. Fight, flight or accept defeat.