PDA

View Full Version : Playoff bound

JMac
19-04-2014, 02:46 PM
We are. Pure and simple. We're the worst team in the league. We deserve to go down.

FromTheCapital
19-04-2014, 02:49 PM
I agree with you that we may be headed for the play-off's but we're not the worst team in the league. We've got the worst form but we're a better side than Hearts, Kilmarnock and the teams near us but we have no passion and no bottle. Things need to change.

SkintHibby
19-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Petrie MUST be removed from the club I love. It's heartbreaking what he has done to my club.

Frazerbob
19-04-2014, 02:51 PM
I agree with you that we may be headed for the play-off's but we're not the worst team in the league. We've got the worst form but we're a better side than Hearts, Kilmarnock and the teams near us but we have no passion and no bottle. Things need to change.

A couple of months ago I would agree with you however, right now we are BY FAR the worst team in the league. A but of a worry with only 4 games remaining.

Lee Marvin
19-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Petrie MUST be removed from the club I love. It's heartbreaking what he has done to my club.

Couldn't agree more

FromTheCapital
A couple of months ago I would agree with you however, right now we are BY FAR the worst team in the league. A but of a worry with only 4 games remaining.

I'm not sure, one thing is for sure however, something has to change and quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_in_Prague
We cant be a bottom half team every year and expect we wont go down at some point.
A heartless, spineless club top to bottom.

Pete
19-04-2014, 02:55 PM
We are easily the worst of the five.

The only question now is are we better than Hamilton or Falkirk?

lugz
19-04-2014, 02:57 PM

Not a chance plus they'll have momentum in the playoffs. If we end 11th we'll go down.

Baader
19-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Seems like a new low every week. And it's been like that for years now.

Phil D. Rolls
19-04-2014, 02:59 PM

Your club? Get over yourself, ya drama queen. It's no more your club than anybody else's.

Unless of course your names Tom Farmer.

sbell1875
19-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Maybe not the worst team squad wise but when it really matters 11v11 we are the worst right now IMO.

I'm looking at the starting line up today and it is completely imbalanced. Thomson has played well but him and Jones just does not work as a partnership. Likewise with Haynes & Collins. Those 2 could play together for a million years and never look good together.

KeithTheHibby
19-04-2014, 03:03 PM

And what about the fact that Butcher seems to making a right of things???
Once again another 4 changes today. I don't think he knows wtf he is actually doing. It's clear he doesn't know his best 11 yet seems hell bent on changing the team dramatically each week.
One thing for sure if Fenlon was still in charge we would not be in this trouble.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Is Butcher the man?

Craig_in_Prague
19-04-2014, 03:18 PM
Is Butcher the man?

I never thought we could get worse after Fenlon.
Now I will never expect anything good at Hibs. Ever.

Steve20
19-04-2014, 03:23 PM
This is one of the worst, if not the worst. An embarrassment. We are down. Simple as that.

GreenCastle
19-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Going down would be fatal - we may deserve it but it would be a disaster and we wouldn't be playing top flight football for several years.

What is happening at the club has been unacceptable for years.

There isn't just one person to blame but many have contributed to the downfall and disgrace we are seeing right now.

Currently the manager and board are in control of the club and destroying it.

The fans deserve better.

SouthamptonHibs
19-04-2014, 03:54 PM
We are by far the worst team in the league. 1. Don't created chances 2. Don't play nice football 3. Have no pace in the team 4. Our defence are poor 5. We can't keep clean sheets 6. We don't win at home 7. We don't win away from home 8.our manager is clueless 9. Our players have no passion

Malthibby
19-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Maybe not the worst team squad wise but when it really matters 11v11 we are the worst right now IMO.

I'm looking at the starting line up today and it is completely imbalanced. Thomson has played well but him and Jones just does not work as a partnership. Likewise with Haynes & Collins. Those 2 could play together for a million years and never look good together.

And that was 10 v 11.
Now seriously worried, because something's broken.
We couldn't score with an extra man for an hour, they scored (again) after going down to ten.

woodyloon
19-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Worst team, worst form, most worrying thing is that Butcher doesn't even know his best starting eleven, he looks lost. He needs to stop tinkering with the team, start with the eleven who finished the game today next week and see how it pans out.

Heisenberg
19-04-2014, 04:08 PM
No doubt in my mind. We'll finish 11th.

Franck Stanton
19-04-2014, 04:09 PM
I know its been said many times before, but could we possibly be any worse off playing the young guys ? The senior players we currently play are just not interested and are there in body, in their minds, the are already on holiday. Play the entire under 20's - If they get beat, so what? We are getting beat every week anyway. And Yes I am gutted. NEVER felt as low as I do just now.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Been resigned to play off for last few weeks so not surprised at all, if the expected happens I've no idea how we'll get on against the potential opponents.

cabbageandribs1875
19-04-2014, 04:26 PM
and to think some posters on here got the usual disparaging remarks pointed at them when they voiced fears months ago we were ****** terrible, bedwetters etc etc, not a fan, yada yada yada

Greencore
19-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Cheaper season tickets and ticket prices to get more fans in

And most importantly

Take a bloody risk and spend money

You have to spend money to make money

Implying making money by reaching a cup final or finishing second or why not first....

Or maybe

Just maybe we expect far too much from hibs and are just another club outside of the mass huge following of the old firm throughout all of Scotland.

We could also try Ira sectarian singing and go about easter road with fake Irish accents :D

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2014, 04:39 PM
and to think some posters on here got the usual disparaging remarks pointed at them when they voiced fears months ago we were ****** terrible, bedwetters etc etc, not a fan, yada yada yada

Anyone seriously saying "we're definitely relegated" (and it not just being a heat of the moment reaction to today's awful performance) is either a complete bedwetter, or has no idea how the playoffs work. Or both.

Or they're just saying it so that they can pretend they're not bothered/say I told you so because they saw it coming, if it does happen, which is even more tragic.

SouthamptonHibs
19-04-2014, 04:41 PM

I've been bed wetting since I went to the Malmo game and the first Edinburgh derby at Tynie. This crop Fenlon put together is awful truly awful. I don't understand why we never done anything about it in Jan Tfr window ( Boetang not good enough, Haynes is poor and the ginger messy can't get a start)

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 04:44 PM

Is pathetic having to ask this question ,but you are left asking who the **** is going to score against anyone The east of Scotland young hibs team won the league today we should of gone and supported them Banging in goals and have winning mentality , the under 20 s could win thier league but they are not deemed good enough to get into this team Can they really do any worse than the so called first team .
Given the players some of our rivals signed in January I think T B did himself no favours there Hayes is as bad as Collins neither is capable of pulling us out this goal drought The Media are already loving the fact Hearts are the form team in bottom six and they wil be firm favourites to beat us Again and rightly so. I just cant see where a win is coming from but somehow we need to eke one out or as Simon and Garfunkle sang we are indeed Playoff Bound

GreenCastle
19-04-2014, 04:48 PM
We couldn't beat Raith at home and I would expect our players to fail to show again in the playoffs.

We must avoid them.

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Anyone seriously saying "we're definitely relegated" (and it not just being a heat of the moment reaction to today's awful performance) is either a complete bedwetter, or has no idea how the playoffs work. Or both.

Or they're just saying it so that they can pretend they're not bothered/say I told you so because they saw it coming, if it does happen, which is even more tragic.

So you have faith in a team that have won one game in their last 16 games; lost their last 5 on the bounce; Scored 1 goal in their last 6 games? IF we end up in a play-off position, we will be up against a team who have won a good chunk of their games this season, have a confident group of players and momentum on their side. They will be up against a group of players with no self-belief or apparant desire to fight tooth and nail to get a win when we desperately need it. This is far from being a bedwtter, its looking at things in the cold light of day and realising that unless these players get their finger out in the next couple of weeks, we are in serious trouble

GreenLake
19-04-2014, 04:52 PM
We still have four games and can't play much worse. A little patch of luck is overdue and that could turn our results.

Scottie
19-04-2014, 04:55 PM
We still have four games and can't play much worse. A little patch of luck is overdue and that could turn our results.
Come on man is the sun in LA going to your head :cb

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2014, 04:55 PM
So you have faith in a team that have won one game in their last 16 games; lost their last 5 on the bounce; Scored 1 goal in their last 6 games? IF we end up in a play-off position, we will be up against a team who have won a good chunk of their games this season, have a confident group of players and momentum on their side. They will be up against a group of players with no self-belief or apparant desire to fight tooth and nail to get a win when we desperately need it. This is far from being a bedwtter, its looking at things in the cold light of day and realising that unless these players get their finger out in the next couple of weeks, we are in serious trouble

I'm not discounting finishing 11th as a possibility, or saying that losing the subsequent playoff match isn't possible (though unlikely). That's very different to the many posters on here who are saying "we're definitely going down".

Sean1875
19-04-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm not discounting finishing 11th as a possibility, or saying that losing the subsequent playoff match isn't possible (though unlikely). That's very different to the many posters on here who are saying "we're definitely going down".

Apologies, took you're post in the wrong way :agree:

Wighty76
19-04-2014, 05:05 PM

How do you think we will beat the drop? Not having a dig mate genuinely interested. I am always optimistic about Hibs but not now. For me the answer is to get the younger guys in. I think they would help us to no end but no danger that will happen. :aok:

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2014, 05:12 PM
How do you think we will beat the drop? Not having a dig mate genuinely interested. I am always optimistic about Hibs but not now. For me the answer is to get the younger guys in. I think they would help us to no end but no danger that will happen. :aok:

Ross County seem to be just as inept as us at the moment, I think we'll beat them as they seem to be the only team that struggle against us. That, and avoiding defeat next week against Hearts, would probably be enough for 10th or better.

The playoffs are weighted so heavily in favour of the SPL team that I'd back even this Hibs team to come out on top over two legs with the second leg at Easter Road.

If this is being an optimist, then we truly have hit the bottom of the barrel!

AFKA5814_Hibs
19-04-2014, 05:12 PM
I've been saying for weeks that we've been in trouble, yet some Hibs fans have been cuming in their pants about St Mirren getting points. Maybe they'll be in reality world now.

Wighty76
19-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Ross County seem to be just as inept as us at the moment, I think we'll beat them as they seem to be the only team that struggle against us. That, and avoiding defeat next week against Hearts, would probably be enough for 10th or better.

The playoffs are weighted so heavily in favour of the SPL team that I'd back even this Hibs team to come out on top over two legs with the second leg at Easter Road.

Do you think we will get a full house again against hearts? I know a lot of people are raging about today and they are saying Eff it I'm no going.

Fife-Hibee
19-04-2014, 05:21 PM

The only way we'll get a point next week is if we stop them scoring. Cause We sure as hell wont ! ****ing hopeless!!

leggeto
19-04-2014, 05:22 PM
The thing that's worrying is all the other teams have been in this situation many times,they know what to do in a dogfight where we are clueless

Sir David Gray
19-04-2014, 05:34 PM
After watching that utter disgrace this afternoon, I'm pretty certain we'll finish 11th and be in the play offs.

That first half was one of the worst performances I've seen for a long time and that's saying something. They were devoid of any ideas, there was no cohesion and absolutely zero belief that they would get back into it after their two early goals. Some of them looked as if they had never seen a football before.

The second half was better but still nowhere near the standards I would expect of a Hibs team.

I can't wait for next week. :rolleyes:

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2014, 05:37 PM
I pray to goodness we dont get dragged into it but as each week goes by its looking possible

Tha Cabbage Kid
19-04-2014, 05:39 PM
The question is are we better than an in form hamilton or falkirk. I would say no.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

TornadoHibby
19-04-2014, 06:06 PM

So who will score our goal(s) and how will we stop Ross County from scoring ? :dunno: :hmmm:

Golden Bear
19-04-2014, 06:11 PM
If the worst comes to the worst and we end up facing Hamilton in the play off then you can bet that Mickaël Antoine-Curier will score a last minute goal to finally relegate us.

'Tis the Hibs way!

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2014, 06:13 PM
So who will score our goal(s) and how will we stop Ross County from scoring ? :dunno: :hmmm:

No idea. Have we really reached a point where a Hibs fan can't, on a Hibs messageboard, say "I think Hibs will beat Ross County" without having to justify it?

Craig_in_Prague
19-04-2014, 06:15 PM
If the worst comes to the worst and we end up facing Hamilton in the play off then you can bet that Mickaël Antoine-Curier will score a last minute goal to finally relegate us.

'Tis the Hibs way!

Jason Scotland

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Nightmare scenario is that Hamilton win the Championship and we face Hartley's Dundee in the play-off. You could just see the headlines.

Golden Bear
19-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Nightmare scenario is that Hamilton win the Championship and we face Hartley's Dundee in the play-off. You could just see the headlines.

Jammy bassas?

truehibernian
19-04-2014, 06:18 PM

'Tis the Hibs way!

Which Mac would hate trust me as he is a Hibs fan :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 06:34 PM
I pray to goodness we dont get dragged into it but as each week goes by its looking possible
Your being overly optimistic saying it's possible it's more likely to be probable now unless Ross county loose all their remaining games .We need to get Robertson back but even that isn't going to do a lot .

Ronniekirk
19-04-2014, 06:38 PM
No idea. Have we really reached a point where a Hibs fan can't, on a Hibs messageboard, say "I think Hibs will beat Ross County" without having to justify it?
You can say it ,but on the back of our results and form and chopping and changing and not having a clue ,not scoring and not keeping a clean sheet no one will believe it till it happens

Wheat Hound
19-04-2014, 07:04 PM
Christian Nade scoring the winner for Paul Hartley led Dundee to put us down? Yes, that sounds about right :-)

greenpaper55
19-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Take a form line through Raith who had not scored a goal for five games who then scored three against us then you will get a measure of where we are, never mind the five year plan will kick in soon !.

TornadoHibby
19-04-2014, 09:16 PM

The performance of the team and the manager over that last 17 or so games does not support your "hope". That is clear and all I was asking was what was it about the historic performance facts which are recent and relevant was it that you didn't agree with or felt could and would be changed positively over the last four games?

SteveHFC
19-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Hartley sends Hibs down

stevejordan
19-04-2014, 09:26 PM

DA Will get great pleasure in kicking us in the baws and showing Petrie how he made a James hunt of it yet again no doubt

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2014, 09:57 PM
DA Will get great pleasure in kicking us in the baws and showing Petrie how he made a James hunt of it yet again no doubt

Like he did in the three times Butcher's Hibs have gone up against Derek Adams' Ross County so far?

Onion
20-04-2014, 07:17 AM
We cant be a bottom half team every year and expect we wont go down at some point.
A heartless, spineless club top to bottom.

:top marks Exactly.

Onion
20-04-2014, 07:33 AM
IMHO Hibs could not be in a worse position. The extra points we had on the board will prove our downfall. The last few weeks have shown that the closer you are to the 11th place, the harder the team plays to get points on the board. St Mirren and Partick are perfect examples.

Expect Ross County to raise their game next week.

This looks just like a long bike race where the trailing pack work together to catch the race leader.

Borderhibbie76
20-04-2014, 08:01 AM

Absolutely...he MUST be removed or things are NEVER going to change. He refused to give Butcher any funds in Jan and we have been in freefall ever since...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk