PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd - Scottish Footballers are not that good

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Just noticed this on the BBC gossip section,not sure what paper it is in-

Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd, who has played in England, Turkey and the United States, says nine out of 10 players in Scotland are not as good as they think they are. (Various)

on this initial comment its not hard to disagree with him?

Waxy
19-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Whats fottball? Stands to reason, we're not great at alot of things. Do we even have to mention football?

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Whats fottball? Stands to reason, we're not great at alot of things. Do we even have to mention football?

haha,to early in the morning,need to take the boxing gloves of:greengrin

Galahibby
19-04-2014, 09:07 AM

Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd, who has played in England, Turkey and the United States, says nine out of 10 players in Scotland are not as good as they think they are. (Various)

Including Kris Boyd, obviously?

spike220
19-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Including Kris Boyd, obviously?

Obviously! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
19-04-2014, 09:12 AM

:rolleyes: Meantime, in news elsewhere, Pope is catholic and bears still prefer to crap outdoors.

Looking forward to further thoughts from Boyd soon, global warming next? Or how about his solution for sectarian singing at Scottish football matches? Does more harm to the game and its image than not very good players do.

CB_NO3
19-04-2014, 09:20 AM
I am amazing. I used to score screamers in my back garden against my wee brothers. Dont know what he is on about.

Bostonhibby
19-04-2014, 09:30 AM
I am amazing. I used to score screamers in my back garden against my wee brothers. Dont know what he is on about.

:faf: Mind you maybe he is right if Scotland is the place where players who are no longer able to cut it in all the leagues he mentions end up.

Cue him joining Hibs next year.

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2014, 10:05 AM
Does he mean the ones who play in Scotland or Scottish players in general?

The quality in the SPFL isn't that brilliant and like a lot of fans I tear my hair out at professional players who shoot 20 feet past the post from good positions or cant find a team mate with a 10 yard pass.

But that doesn't mean you cant get an entertaining game. I watched Wigan v Arsenal the other day and it was boggin' while a day later Aberdeen & St Johnstone served up a cracker.

The way things are at the moment with the games two biggest fixtures out of the picture for a season or more we could do to ask the players to bin the negative crap for a bit. Perhaps the Kris Boyds of this world would be better served coaching kids on their days off rather than playing golf, going for another tattoo or stating the bloody obvious in the papers.

Sylar
19-04-2014, 10:28 AM
:rolleyes: Meantime, in news elsewhere, Pope is catholic and bears still prefer to crap outdoors.

Looking forward to further thoughts from Boyd soon, global warming next? Or how about his solution for sectarian singing at Scottish football matches? Does more harm to the game and its image than not very good players do.

Popes, bears, Kris Boyd, sectarian and crap...

Have I stumbled onto followfollow? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2014, 10:28 AM

Is he referring to the non Scottish players playing in Scotland then? There a plenty of players in England who fall into the same bracket.

Bostonhibby
19-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Popes, bears, Kris Boyd, sectarian and crap...

Have I stumbled onto followfollow? :greengrin

:thumbsup: Now we really are getting to the root of Scottish Footballs real ills.

Mikey
19-04-2014, 10:37 AM
When the good Scottish players can move 200 miles down the road and get paid 10 times what they can in Scotland then it's pretty obvious what they're going to do.

Boyd can blame Sky TV for that.

Jim44
19-04-2014, 10:37 AM
I'll go along with Boyd especially if he can prove his point by taking the Partick defense to the cleaners today.:agree:

ScottB
19-04-2014, 11:42 AM
He's right though, a fair few of the players up here don't even seem to be fit.

Had an interesting experience showing a friend from Manchester the Edinburgh derby, having only really watched 'top' football before she found it hilarious, at various points wondering why none of the players appeared able to run, pass the ball properly or other such basic things.

Sure, having the English leagues next door will take the cream off the top, but there's no excuse for the general lack of fitness and basics that is becoming prevalent.

Eyrie
19-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Does he mean the ones who play in Scotland or Scottish players in general?

The quality in the SPFL isn't that brilliant and like a lot of fans I tear my hair out at professional players who shoot 20 feet past the post from good positions or cant find a team mate with a 10 yard pass.

But that doesn't mean you cant get an entertaining game. I watched Wigan v Arsenal the other day and it was boggin' while a day later Aberdeen & St Johnstone served up a cracker.

The way things are at the moment with the games two biggest fixtures out of the picture for a season or more we could do to ask the players to bin the negative crap for a bit. Perhaps the Kris Boyds of this world would be better served coaching kids on their days off rather than playing golf, going for another tattoo or stating the bloody obvious in the papers.

That would be the same Boyd who was late for the interview because he was coaching the u17s (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/old-firm-players-are-overhyped-says-kris-boyd-1-3381200).

ManBearPig
19-04-2014, 12:34 PM
it was taken out of context he was staring in mirror reciting it over and over again ala the wicked witch in snow white....

'billy mckay youre not as good aa you thibk you are' and Commons you are not as good as you think you are.'

EdinMike
19-04-2014, 12:57 PM
To summarise "Everyone is Keek..."

Kris 'Negative Nancy' Boyd

weonlywon6-2
19-04-2014, 01:00 PM
When the good Scottish players can move 200 miles down the road and get paid 10 times what they can in Scotland then it's pretty obvious what they're going to do.

Boyd can blame Sky TV for that.

Very true.

Scottish football has some way to go before we see really good players in the game again

Danderhall Hibs
19-04-2014, 01:05 PM
He's probably right. The young guys up here will start believing the good press they get and think they're world beaters ? Then they'll get their move and drift off into the wilderness.

Like Boyd did and like Pawlett probably will.

Remember how good the papers and chick young etc told us Fraser Fyvie was?