PDA

View Full Version : Yaya Toure wants more recognition

Wotherspiniesta
18-04-2014, 09:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27074317

Is there really any need for this? :confused:

Toure is undoubtedly a brilliant player. But I'm sure if Africa produced a player as good as Messi then he'd get just as much fame and recognition.

CB_NO3
18-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Best player in England by miles. Statistics prove it.

monktonharp
18-04-2014, 10:03 PM

Toure is undoubtedly a brilliant player. But I'm sure if Africa produced a player as good as Messi then he'd get just as much fame and recognition.:agree:he's done a lot, but has adefinate chip on his shoulder. he's come at a time when 2 absolute football legends are still going, and they are with the top 2 clubs in the world.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Utter nonsense.

Didier Drogba is regarded as one of the greatest players in Chelsea's history and one of the best strikers to play in the English Premiership and Samuel Eto'o, at his peak, was regarded as one of the top strikers in the world too.

Yaya Toure has received plenty of plaudits and recognition for the way he's been playing this season.

Sean1875
18-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Anyone with even a slight bit of knowledge about football will rate Yaya as one of the best midfielders in the world right now, dont understand why the country/continent a player if from is relevant at all

monktonharp
18-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Anyone with even a slight bit of knowledge about football will rate Yaya as one of the best midfielders in the world right now, dont understand why the country/continent a player if from is relevant at all:agree: but what point are you making? is it his own comments about being from the continent of Africa?

GreenLake
18-04-2014, 10:33 PM
The Man City players make him look his best. A few weeks in the Hibs midfield and he would look pish. :greengrin

Cabbage East
18-04-2014, 10:34 PM
What a load of pish, he's widely acknowledged to be an excellent player. If he wants the recognition Xavi and Iniesta get, then go to the top leagues, eg Spain or Germany. England is a nonsense.

jacomo
18-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Not sure quite what point he is trying to make. Aside from everything else, strikers always get more awards and recognition because they score the goals. Obviously this can be a simplistic take on a team sport but it's not that surprising.

He may have a point about Africa but can't really say African players are under appreciated. If anything, African nations have frequently been tipped for the World Cup but always fallen short.

Sean1875
18-04-2014, 10:55 PM
:agree: but what point are you making? is it his own comments about being from the continent of Africa?

correct, says he's not being recognised as one of the world best because he is from Africa, don't see why that would come into the equation when judging how good a player is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Sour grapes.

Shame. I like the big felly. Good player..

frazeHFC
18-04-2014, 11:17 PM

Toure is undoubtedly a brilliant player. But I'm sure if Africa produced a player as good as Messi then he'd get just as much fame and recognition.

Hachim Mastour, give it a few more years and he'll be up with the best!

Toure is one of the best midfielders in the game just now imo, strolls through matches.

rcarter1
18-04-2014, 11:26 PM
The Man City players make him look his best. A few weeks in the Hibs midfield and he would look pish. :greengrin

:green grin
I wouldn't put it past us!

Speedy
18-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Best player in England by miles. Statistics prove it.

He's a good player but I'd say Suarez and Aguero are better.

Nonsense article either way.

Michael
19-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Strange one...when you think of top EPL players he's one of the first to come to mind alongside Suarez.

B.H.F.C
19-04-2014, 12:49 AM
Good player. Tendency to go missing on big games though.

Alex Trager
19-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Tbh I would say that he will never be as good as your iniestas or Xavis. Both have won serious competitions, being the best midfielders in the world up for the most prestigious acknowledgement's in world football, certainly iniesta has been. But he is a cracking player.

kaimendhibs
19-04-2014, 01:56 AM
Afraid I have just recognised him as being a welt! His massive pay packet should be recognition enough

Sent from my iphone

Pete
19-04-2014, 01:58 AM
Who?:confused:

Pretty Boy
19-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Does anyone not rate him as being one of the best in the world at the moment? Except Didier Hamman of course.

Every time I watch Sky Sports news someone else seems to be on talking about how good he is.

DH1875
19-04-2014, 07:34 AM
Strange one...when you think of top EPL players he's one of the first to come to mind alongside Suarez.

Totally agree. Two best players down there IMO.

MWHIBBIES
19-04-2014, 08:04 AM
He is unplayable when he is interested which is most of the time. Absolute passenger when he isn't though.

Speedy
19-04-2014, 09:34 AM
He is unplayable when he is interested which is most of the time. Absolute passenger when he isn't though.

This phrase does my nut in. Makes no sense.

Cabbage East
19-04-2014, 10:17 AM
This phrase does my nut in. Makes no sense.

Yep. Trotted out by cretins in the press then you find normal punters in the streets copying it. Cringeworthy.

oramhibee
19-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Yaya, sign for us, I'm sure that would give him lots of recognition, one of the world's best players signs for a poor team in Edinburgh!

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Messi & co are recognized coz they do a lot of adverts on the telly. They also win POTY awards because they are out of the ordinary types of players ...... Franck Ribery is a fantastic player in a great team but has never been European POTY. Toure is right up there no doubt about it, but he currently plays for a club who have failed in the Champions League and look like blowing it in the EPL.

Ya Ya needs to take a leaf out of Liberaci's book. When somebody asked if it upset him to be 'accused' of being a homosexual he replied "yeh, I cry all the way to the bank"

Gordy M
19-04-2014, 11:28 AM
What a load of pish, he's widely acknowledged to be an excellent player. If he wants the recognition Xavi and Iniesta get, then go to the top leagues, eg Spain or Germany. England is a nonsense.
Did he not play for barca before man city?? I dunno how he got on there?

Speedy
19-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Did he not play for barca before man city?? I dunno how he got on there?

Can't say I watched a lot of Spanish football but he didn't play in the role he does not and wasn't first choice.

snooky
19-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I know what he's getting at but .....
How much 'recognition' do footballers want? What about people who actually DO something for society? E.g. nurses, doctors, care workers, etc.
These ponces with enormous egos and wage packets really get on my thrippennies at times.
Recognition? You're on tv every week getting paid a kings ransom to kick a ball about.
STFU and think yourself lucky.

MWHIBBIES
20-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Yep. Trotted out by cretins in the press then you find normal punters in the streets copying it. Cringeworthy.:faf: Grow up