PDA

View Full Version : Inverness players

ekhibee
18-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Anybody know roughly how many ICT players are out of/close to finishing their contract? Watching the ICT v Sheep game and they seem to be matching Aberdeen pretty well. I'd heard something about Brill being linked with Hibs, but there's other players in there that would be good additions. Just a thought.

Col2
18-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Billy Mckay

Shinnie

Vincent was linked with us but signed new deal.

4 or 5 of them would be great additions.

Aldo
18-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Billy Mckay Shinnie Vincent was linked with us but signed new deal. 4 or 5 of them would be great additions.

Both Mackay and Shinnie are under contract until the end of 2014/15 season and both would be excellent additions to our team.

bingo70
18-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I heard we were after one of their centre halfs.

I thought both of them were excellent against us at easter road but hard to say how much of that was down to us being toothless up front.

Col2
18-04-2014, 08:07 PM

I thought both of them were excellent against us at easter road but hard to say how much of that was down to us being toothless up front.

Would take Warren - I think he is a strong centre half and a leader on the park.

Would also take draper and doran.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 08:10 PM

Meekings supposedly.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I'd take:

McKay
Shinnie
Doran
Meekings

In an absolute heartbeat.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Most of their squad is under contract until at least the end of next season.

I think the only ones who are out of contract this summer are Nick Ross and Carl Tremarco.

Scorrie
18-04-2014, 08:21 PM
I'd take:

McKay
Shinnie
Doran
Meekings

I'd add Richie Foran to that list

patch1875
18-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Don't want any of them too boringly obvious.

Will only encourage butchers ICT lovefest.

Del Boy
18-04-2014, 08:44 PM
Rob MacLean apparently hinting tonight on radio that Nick Ross will be joining Hibs in the summer

patch1875
18-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Rob MacLean apparently hinting tonight on radio that Nick Ross will be joining Hibs in the summer

I know we're bad but I don't think crime watch need to get involved.

AllyF
18-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Richie Foran is exaclty the type of player Hibs need. Shame he's so bloody old (33).

The Sea-gull
18-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Hope this is true as like what I have seen from him as a player. Also like Aarron Doran so wonder what his situation is?

GGTTH07
18-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Laddie from inverness - Rob McLean hinting were signing him in the summer. Good direct player who is better than any wide player we have.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Laddie from inverness - Rob McLean hinting were signing him in the summer. Good direct player who is better than any wide player we have.

Better than young Harris?

GGTTH07
18-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Not better than the pre injured harris.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2014, 09:06 PM
Hope this is true as like what I have seen from him as a player. Also like Aarron Doran so wonder what his situation is?

He's still got two years left on his contract.

R'Albin
18-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Better than young Harris?

As much as I am a fan of Harris, I think him being an understudy to someone like Ross would be beneficial for both Hibs and him.

greenpaper55
18-04-2014, 09:08 PM

Is he no the bloke who does crimewatch ?, he's 66 so he will be pretty experienced !.

SMAXXA
18-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Only player other than McKay would be meekins he's quality imo

GGTTH07
18-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Meekings is solid.

hibsbollah
18-04-2014, 09:15 PM
That would be superb, he's actually my (slightly distant) cousin :greengrin

A text has been sent to see if theres anything in it.

monktonharp
18-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Most of their squad is under contract until at least the end of next season.

I think the only ones who are out of contract this summer are Nick Ross and Carl Tremarco. that's the real problem with us and has been for years. never in a position, (unlike some have been, or pretended to be) to be able to spend modest amounts to rebuild a team fairly quickly.Turnbull,I think, was able to assemble a good mix, and fill in positions urgently required to build a fantastic team in the early 70's. players like Alex Edwards for example. I'm sure has the knowledge, but lost his way a bit by bringing in a few of our youngsters at the wrong time, just after he had got a bit of momentum going. suddenly, we lost a couple of crucial ones, and then the derby. same auld good luck smiled on them and kicked us in the baws.

GGTTH07
18-04-2014, 09:27 PM
That would be superb, he's actually my (slightly distant) cousin :greengrin

A text has been sent to see if theres anything in it.

Keep us updated son.

monktonharp
18-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Is he no the bloke who does crimewatch ?, he's 66 so he will be pretty experienced !.rob maclean disnae look 66 :greengrin

ronaldo7
18-04-2014, 09:29 PM
that's the real problem with us and has been for years. never in a position, (unlike some have been, or pretended to be) to be able to spend modest amounts to rebuild a team fairly quickly.Turnbull,I think, was able to assemble a good mix, and fill in positions urgently required to build a fantastic team in the early 70's. players like Alex Edwards for example. I'm sure has the knowledge, but lost his way a bit by bringing in a few of our youngsters at the wrong time, just after he had got a bit of momentum going. suddenly, we lost a couple of crucial ones, and then the derby. same auld good luck smiled on them and kicked us in the baws.

And signed for only £13,000. A great wee player.

JMac
19-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Would take him in a heartbeat. Far better than what we have. Harris is the most over rated hibs player in recent memory.

Alex Trager
19-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Would take him in a heartbeat. Far better than what we have. Harris is the most over rated hibs player in recent memory.

AOB? BK? Take your pick

The Green Goblin
19-04-2014, 01:18 AM

Harris is still only 19 and because of injury, hasn't been able to develop and benefit from an extended run in the team. However, he has in that time shown his potential. To call him "over-rated" is extremely harsh and unfair on him. (Imho)

ekhibee
19-04-2014, 01:44 AM
Harris is still only 19 and because of injury, hasn't been able to develop and benefit from an extended run in the team. However, he has in that time shown his potential. To call him "over-rated" is extremely harsh and unfair on him. (Imho)
I actually think that at the moment Harris has been overrated by a lot of people on this board, probably because in comparison to the players he's been playing with, for a short while last season he was excellent. In time I think Harris really will be a very good player indeed, but as usual on this board, plenty of people seem to exaggerate the ability of anybody that shows even the slightest improvement on the dross that we've got. You've made good, valid points about him as regards injury and development, but at the moment he's the equivalent of a 'talking horse' in horse racing- a horse that's talked about as being the next 'wonderhorse' that mops up all the classics, the Derby, etc, but doesn't necessarily fulfill it's potential. Harris still has a lot to prove if he is to live up to the hype, and there's no reason at all why he won't, but people shouldn't be too dissapointed if he doesn't necessarily rise to their highest standards. Time will tell.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 01:45 AM

:faf:

sven nil
19-04-2014, 03:43 AM
but at the moment he's the equivalent of a 'talking horse' in horse racing- a horse that's talked about as being the next 'wonderhorse' that mops up all the classics, the Derby, etc, but doesn't necessarily fulfill it's potential. Harris still has a lot to prove if he is to live up to the hype, and there's no reason at all why he won't, but people shouldn't be too dissapointed if he doesn't necessarily rise to their highest standards. Time will tell. ! you sure you have not watched to much" Mr Ed " "Champion the wonder-horse" thought you were going to throw a wee bit" black beauty" in your post.

Aldo
19-04-2014, 05:32 AM

Ha ha ha .REALLY. Overrated Ha ha ha. Just spat out ma coffee. Deary me.

Yeah he's been poor since his return but if you think he's overrated .... Nah no gonnae say it

PeterboroHibee
19-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Id be delighted if we signed Ross, hes an excellent player and would definitely add something to the team.

As for Harris, I like him and think theres definitely potential there. However hes only 19, just back from injury and not on the best of form (playing in a poor team doesnt help that though). Maybe getting through a preseason with a new group of players will do him good, but maybe a spell out on loan would be even more beneficial!

H18Y GW
19-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Ha ha ha .REALLY. Overrated Ha ha ha. Just spat out ma coffee. Deary me.

Yeah he's been poor since his return but if you think he's overrated .... Nah no gonnae say it

I seriously think if Harris hadnt scored against Falkirk in the SC semi final,he would be at Dumbarton or Raith Rovers on loan,we seem to pin our hopes on everyone/anyone being like a new Deek.

Shoot me down,but i think he is poor,if he isnt then neither was AOB,pace being all i see.

Aldo
19-04-2014, 06:36 AM
I seriously think if Harris hadnt scored against Falkirk in the SC semi final,he would be at Dumbarton or Raith Rovers on loan,we seem to pin our hopes on everyone/anyone being like a new Deek. Shoot me down,but i think he is poor,if he isnt then neither was AOB,pace being all i see.

He's nothing like Deek so for me there is no comparison. No doubting his confidence has taken a hit.

As for loan yip dust do Deek or Kenny any harm.

H18Y GW
19-04-2014, 06:41 AM
He's nothing like Deek so for me there is no comparison. No doubting his confidence has taken a hit.

As for loan yip dust do Deek or Kenny any harm.

I agree ,but i think all these lads have that too contend with.
Caldwell was to be the new GOC,id rather have GOC even now.

AlbertK86
19-04-2014, 07:17 AM

And have you seen enough of Ross to make that judgement

Doesn't even always start for ICT

Think you might have overrated Ross based on a few TV highlights

hibsbollah
19-04-2014, 07:37 AM
And have you seen enough of Ross to make that judgement

Doesn't even always start for ICT

Think you might have overrated Ross based on a few TV highlights

He was an ever present under Butcher, Yogi has had him on the bench occasionally and commented publicly that he's 'not playing fir the jersey', so its not inconceivable.

Anyway, a member of the Bollah clan is asking him directly over Easter dinner tomorrow :greengrin

hibsbollah
19-04-2014, 09:13 PM
...I can exclusively reveal rob mcleans twitter feed is full of it. Nick Ross has no plans to go anywhere and hasn't heard of anyone at Hibs being interested. If he watched todays shambles I cant see him changing his mind either :greengrin

number9dream
19-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I'd take:

McKay
Shinnie
Doran
Meekings

Not. Going. To. Happen. Under. Contract.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
19-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Not. Going. To. Happen. Under. Contract.

Never. said. we. were. signing. them, just. saying. that's. who. I. would. take.

1987green
19-04-2014, 11:16 PM
From what I have heard Ben Williams will be going to Huddersfield to be replaced by Scot Bain from Alloa

#2 Double Tap
19-04-2014, 11:32 PM
none of them are good enough for us.

Baader
19-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Would take Nick Ross. Would take Sue Cook as striker as well right now...

IberianHibernian
19-04-2014, 11:45 PM
IF Butcher`s masterplan for next season before he dragged us into a relegation dogfight was to sign a few ICT players plus a few unknowns from lower reaches of English leagues then it`s yet another reason to think about a managerial change in summer . Bring in a managerial team who will get the best out of existing players instead of making them underperform and bring in some new talented and hungry players from elsewhere . Support is crying out for something new and imaginative - when TB arrived , crowds didn`t grow at all and wit was clearly not an appointment which stirred the support .

GGTTH07
20-04-2014, 02:32 AM
From what I have heard Ben Williams will be going to Huddersfield to be replaced by Scot Bain from Alloa

Heard wrong pal. I know Scott and he's no signing with us!