PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V Hearts Friendly

PatHead
18-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Now that we know they are surviving and will be in a lower league for at least a year do you think we should play them in a pre-season friendly?

Personally I would rather that, with the profit being split down the middle, than a friendly against Barnsley/Sunderland etc.

Would be a good earner for us.

Malthibby
18-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Not a penny will I give them.....

marinello59
18-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Friendly? :confused:

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Nope.

Cabbage East
18-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Nah, you're alright thanks.

monktonharp
18-04-2014, 12:03 PM
right son, good son, shove it up yer kilt son.

Greenworld
18-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Now that we know they are surviving and will be in a lower league for at least a year do you think we should play them in a pre-season friendly?

Personally I would rather that, with the profit being split down the middle, than a friendly against Barnsley/Sunderland etc.

No chance

Waxy
18-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Friendly? Yer havin a laugh. More chance of world peace breakin out.

CB_NO3
18-04-2014, 12:08 PM
They would probably hammer us. Haha, that would be a good start to the season.

Jack
18-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Championship cloggers against Butchers summer signings?

mmmmmmm ... Nah!

cocopops1875
18-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Aye coz I will miss us getting pumped in Derbys from a team we should beat

hibIBZ
18-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Think it's a good idea, make some money for the club, much more competitive than a normal friendly and it's the game I look forward to more than any other in the season so would be good to still have a chance to beat them

Waxy
18-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Think it's a good idea, make some money for the club, much more competitive than a normal friendly and it's the game I look forward to more than any other in the season so would be good to still have a chance to beat them

Hardly any of us look forward to the derby now. Its been a swizz forever, if the yams need the win they get the win. They have an outrageous derby record. Wonder what that record would be like had it been fair.

Thecat23
18-04-2014, 12:28 PM
No matter how we look at it them going down will hit us in the pocket too. I don't think it will be major but it's still a loss.

Not only that we will miss this game, even though we don't win many! I still enjoy the run up to them. So for these reasons I'd like to play them in a "friendly" if possible.

eastterrace
18-04-2014, 12:29 PM
why would you want to give them a chance to shove it up us, forget about them they are gone from our life for a good few years.

Waxy
18-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Ram the derby. Hope the next one is the last.

Kato
18-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Aye, barry.

lord bunberry
18-04-2014, 12:34 PM
We've got bigger fish to fry.

hibIBZ
18-04-2014, 12:34 PM
why would you want to give them a chance to shove it up us, forget about them they are gone from our life for a good few years.

Nothing feels better than beating them. As a club why are we so scared?? Big problem at our club, we should be up for the game and confident of doing well not running scared

Waxy
18-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Nothing feels better than beating them. As a club why are we so scared?? Big problem at our club, we should be up for the game and confident of doing well not running scared

Open your eyes. They cheat.

PatHead
18-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Must admit the attraction to me is purely financial. At this time we need any money we can get. Even a portion of the gate against them will be more than we would get against many of the teams in the Premiership.

If we win-ram it up them, lose - it was a friendly.

hibIBZ
18-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Open your eyes. They cheat.

Of course their cheating makes our players crap it, miss place passes, have poor defensive positioning, no idea how to score goals and generally turn in an inept performances that we have seen recently

PatHead
18-04-2014, 12:49 PM
We all go on about our players needing to "man up". Can't think of a better way to start next season than giving them a gubbing.

Would want it at Easter Road though to maximise income.

Keith_M
18-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Hearts are no longer our rivals, so it's a no from me.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Naw.

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2014, 12:58 PM

You don't look on here very often, do you?

hibIBZ
18-04-2014, 12:59 PM
You don't look on here very often, do you?

Why would that make a difference??

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Why would that make a difference??

Because its been discussed ad. nauseam.

hibIBZ
18-04-2014, 01:02 PM
Because its been discussed ad. nauseam.

I know, but people on here are too scared to play them in case we lose where we need to change that mentality

SteveHFC
18-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Naw.

We would still get beat :duck:

Kato
18-04-2014, 01:12 PM
I know, but people on here are too scared to play them in case we lose where we need to change that mentality

That mentality can only change once our signing policy has brought some character to the team.

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2014, 01:20 PM

Really? Nobodies mentioned it before. Tell me more.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Not for me, they should not be afforded the honour of playing an SPL team until they are either promoted or drawn against one in a cup competition.

One Day
18-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Nope.

Stay away from them as long as possible

GreenLake
18-04-2014, 01:48 PM
Not for me, they should not be afforded the honour of playing an SPL team until they are either promoted or drawn against one in a cup competition.

Yes, make them wait.

hibIBZ
18-04-2014, 01:49 PM
Really? Nobodies mentioned it before. Tell me more.

Yes it has been discussed at length..... Only sad thing is it continues to be discussed and nothing done to improve things. So maybe if we keep quite about being rotten it might just go away

clerriehibs
18-04-2014, 01:53 PM

Scared? Dream on.

Disgusted with them and unwilling to let their grubby paws have even a penny more of mine? Aye, that's about it.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2014, 01:54 PM
I can see the logic behind it. It would attract a big crowd with people realising that (unless we get drawn against them in a cup) it's going to be the only derby for at least 12 months and would bring in much more money than a match against an English Championship side would.

However the less times we need to play them the better in my opinion.

I think we all know there's a good chance we would get beaten and it would put everyone on a downer before the season's even started.

It's a no from me.

Scottie
18-04-2014, 02:00 PM
No ****in chance

As a mate and me discussed we much have one of the worst derby records in recent history.

Let them EARN the right to play us again fairly not on a financially doped basis. GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Yes it has been discussed at length..... Only sad thing is it continues to be discussed and nothing done to improve things. So maybe if we keep quite about being rotten it might just go away

We could stand behind the stand and wave season tickets in front of the cameras. That sometimes works.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 02:03 PM
We would still get beat :duck:

Yep and if we did win, celebrating a friendly win would be cringeworthy, that's something they would do.

HH81
18-04-2014, 02:05 PM

I agree. :agree:

Kato
18-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Would any proposed friendly include a Maltese ref and linesmen with actual eyeballs in their eye sockets instead of pool balls?

Since we are now talking a level playing field it's only right we go the whole hog.

erin go bragh
18-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Hardly any of us look forward to the derby now. Its been a swizz forever, if the yams need the win they get the win. They have an outrageous derby record. Wonder what that record would be like had it been fair.

We won the new-year derby . Did they not want to win that one ? Our record against them would be a hell of a lot better if we had fair officials .

Ggtth

sleeping giant
18-04-2014, 03:01 PM
No thanks. them.

lugz
18-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Hearts should become an irrelevance to us once we secure survival that includes no more threads about them on here!

eastterrace
18-04-2014, 05:24 PM

tell the players that, they brick it 90 % of the time against them so its still a no from me.

Saorsa
18-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Would be a good earner for us.:hilarious April fools day was nearly 3 weeks ago.

Not a ****in' brass razoo will that ****my club get from me.

cam75
18-04-2014, 05:49 PM
Did we not try the festival cup few years back,think it would be a draw for the many tourists in Edinburgh and a bumper crowd if marketed right ?
GGTTH

eastterrace
18-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Did we not try the festival cup few years back,think it would be a draw for the many tourists in Edinburgh and a bumper crowd if marketed right ?
GGTTH

yes we even got beat in that game. also the tourists will love the rammys up the high street .

emerald green
18-04-2014, 05:53 PM
I hope we never have to play them again. Ever.

Waxy
18-04-2014, 05:55 PM
I hope we never have to play them again. Ever.
Same here. And if we ever have to i wont look forward to it. Hope we boot them all over the park

weonlywon6-2
18-04-2014, 07:16 PM
Dont see the point in playing them,it would only benefit them and not us no matter the result imo

Sir David Gray
18-04-2014, 07:30 PM
yes we even got beat in that game. also the tourists will love the rammys up the high street .

:greengrin We could try to sell it as being a re-enactment one of our country's many historical battles.

It would work a treat with the Americans as they love that side of Scottish history! :aok:

LancashireHibby
18-04-2014, 07:33 PM
GGTTH
No doubt whatsoever. Although I'm still staggered at Hibs' lack of promotion to the thousands of tourists in Edinburgh all year round. Even with the pish we've served up in recent years, the pricing is more than comparable with a lot of other 'attractions', and you're always guaranteed to see a few tourists in the shop after a game.

GREEN WARLORD
18-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Scared? Dream on.

Disgusted with them and unwilling to let their grubby paws have even a penny more of mine? Aye, that's about it.
This. Not one cent will pass from me into their hands, luckily the last derby is at ER, so all the cash comes to us. Next season the scared factor will be gone (yes i really do believe that), onwards and upwards for Hibs, not downwards to play these vile cretins. :flag:

eastterrace
18-04-2014, 08:03 PM
:greengrin We could try to sell it as being a re-enactment one of our country's many historical battles.

It would work a treat with the Americans as they love that side of Scottish history! :aok:

:top marks

ekhibee
18-04-2014, 08:10 PM
This. Not one cent will pass from me into their hands, luckily the last derby is at ER, so all the cash comes to us. Next season the scared factor will be gone (yes i really do believe that), onwards and upwards for Hibs, not downwards to play these vile cretins. :flag:
Yep, my thoughts exactly. And we won't need to get the seats in the South Stand fumigated after New Year now, that'll please Rod too.

whiskyhibby
18-04-2014, 08:16 PM
No thanks..........let them wallow in their own pig sty............

Pete
19-04-2014, 02:09 AM
I don't see the problem. We always play inferior opposition anyway so it's not as if we'd be lowering our standards. If they get the cash from their fans and we get the cash from ours would that not solve it for those who don't want to give them anything?

I really enjoy derby day and the whole place is buzzing as well as the two sets of supporters. It's going to be a while before that happens in the league so why not? Even at a neutral venue like murrayfield or a packed almondvale. It will be a nice wee earner for us and there's no point cutting off our nose to spite our face.

This is providing there aren't four "unfriendlies" next year.:rolleyes:

kaimendhibs
19-04-2014, 02:21 AM
No thanks

Sent from my iphone