PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Latest Ticket Initiative Announced

RSS Bot
18-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Reduced ticket prices for Partick Thistle match

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140418/latest-ticket-initiative-announced_2262950_3774162)

Lucius Apuleius
18-04-2014, 10:41 AM
How long before the first negative reply :-)

Gatecrasher
18-04-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't think there will be one, the prices are spot on IMO

TheGreenMan
18-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Only thing that could be argued is this is another season where something similar has happened when were in the **** and it takes some value out of buying a ST if we are going to reduce ticket prices mid season.

Already renewed for next season but if they continue to do this then it may put people off buying a ST

SmashinGlass
18-04-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't think there will be one, the prices are spot on IMO

As as season ticket holder, I'd probably have a right to feel miffed. However, I don't. I'm actually fully behind the club in its attempts to get the team as much support as possible in the final few games :top marks

Lucius Apuleius
18-04-2014, 10:57 AM
As as season ticket holder, I'd probably have a right to feel miffed. However, I don't. I'm actually fully behind the club in its attempts to get the team as much support as possible in the final few games :top marks

:agree:

LioNeilMessi
18-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Only thing that could be argued is this is another season where something similar has happened when were in the **** and it takes some value out of buying a ST if we are going to reduce ticket prices mid season.

Already renewed for next season but if they continue to do this then it may put people off buying a ST

I suppose having 3 home games (instead of 2) post split could be viewed as "bonus" for ST holders, leaving an opportunity to cut prices for a game or two for walk-ups.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2014, 11:06 AM

Why aren't we getting in for nothing :wink:

Onceinawhile
18-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Delighted. Will be able to take my eldest to his first game now. 34 quid plus travel is too much but 20 isn't.

HH81
18-04-2014, 11:08 AM
15 quid a ticket is less than they charge in conf football.

Good move Hibs. I paid 18 into Grimsby v Halifax other day what a rip off :agree:

Pretty Boy
18-04-2014, 11:11 AM

This.

I could be annoyed but buying a ST has never really been about value for money for me.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Being serious this is the club listening to feedback from supporters and being proactive to do something positive so they are to be congratulated on that but think they relies fans are hacked off and that we aren't just going to keep turning up .but in our hour of need Hibs fans usually turn out to back the team just like Dunfermline game last season .Now all we need is for team to show same spirt and desire and it's a win win situation :greengrin

down-the-slope
18-04-2014, 11:29 AM
I suppose having 3 home games (instead of 2) post split could be viewed as "bonus" for ST holders, leaving an opportunity to cut prices for a game or two for walk-ups.

:agree: indeed that has been a 'Gift' to the club to do this and still maintain ST 'value'..... Win Win....

(personally think that 12 and under's (accompanied) should be permanently £5 - invest in the next generation before they find other ways to spend time / money)

PatHead
18-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Well done Hibs.

Fully expect all these posters who say we should cut ticket prices and it would double the gate to make it a sell out now.

emerald green
18-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Well done again Hibs. Imagine the crowds there would be at ER if prices were permanently reduced, and we had a winning team on the pitch. 15,000 every home game easily.

marinello59
18-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Well done Hibs.

Fully expect all these posters who say we should cut ticket prices and it would double the gate to make it a sell out now.

I expect us to turn out in numbers. I am going to give a couple of my free tickets for the Partick Thistle game to Desantos so that both of him can go.

This is good positive stuff from the club :thumbsup:

gegs70
18-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Well done again Hibs. Imagine the crowds there would be at ER if prices were permanently reduced, and we had a winning team on the pitch. 15,000 every home game easily.

Agree....imagine the crowds if we manage to play some decent fitba!!

FranckSuzy
18-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Agree....imagine the crowds if we manage to play some decent fitba!!

Aye, but imagine the team we'd have if we weren't taking as much cash through the turnstiles :wink: :greengrin

greenpaper55
18-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Seems like a good deal for what will be a massive game for both teams.

rcarter1
18-04-2014, 04:01 PM

:agree:

GreenArmyyy!
18-04-2014, 04:17 PM
I've been a season ticket for 8 years now (only 21) but personally I love it when the club do this. I don't care about who gets a better deal than me, at the end of the day I buy a season ticket because I want to support the club whenever I can and that includes getting as many people in to the stadium as possible. Great move Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
18-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Yet another deal that devalues my ST, I just don't know who at the club thinks up these crazy schemes! Every year they sell us season tickets, crack on they are amazing value and practically beg us to stump up our cash early in order to ensure the manager has the funds available to strengthen the team yet again. Lo and behold after yet another, yes another in a long run of poish poor seasons the club comes up with a scheme to cheapen the deal that they so eagerly sold us at the beginning of the season. This in order to get punters through the door because the football is that poish that there is no other way to attract them! This action should really poish me off but it doesn't bother me really, football supporters eh who would be one!

iwasthere1972
18-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I've been a season ticket for 8 years now (only 21) but personally I love it when the club do this. I don't care about who gets a better deal than me, at the end of the day I buy a season ticket because I want to support the club whenever I can and that includes getting as many people in to the stadium as possible. Great move Hibs.

:agree: Personally agree. As a season ticket holder we do get first grabs at away tickets including our normal trip to Hampden semi and final tickets. When we're fighting relegation then this offering free and discounted tickets I don't have a problem with.

Again well done Hibs.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Well done yet again Hibs:aok:

LancashireHibby
18-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Hoping for something similar for the Killie game please. Presumably it applies to away fans as well?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Hopefully they reduce the prices for th Hearts game aswell, pretty steep.

emerald green
18-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Aye, but imagine the team we'd have if we weren't taking as much cash through the turnstiles :wink: :greengrin

But we would be taking more cash through the turnstiles IMO if we were getting regular crowds of 15,000 as opposed to 9,000, even allowing for a reduction in walk up prices. Better atmosphere in the ground, hopefully/probably top 6 place, qualification for European competition (more big gates) and hopefully no more humiliations like Malmo.

Broken Gnome
18-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Yet another deal that devalues my ST, I just don't know who at the club thinks up these crazy schemes! Every year they sell us season tickets, crack on they are amazing value and practically beg us to stump up our cash early in order to ensure the manager has the funds available to strengthen the team yet again. Lo and behold after yet another, yes another in a long run of poish poor seasons the club comes up with a scheme to cheapen the deal that they so eagerly sold us at the beginning of the season. This in order to get punters through the door because the football is that poish that there is no other way to attract them! This action should really poish me off but it doesn't bother me really, football supporters eh who would be one!

Your pre-bought ticket would provide far more enjoyment if Easter Road was busier and noisier than it would be otherwise, no?

Scottie
18-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Any initiative by the club to get more people inside ER should be applauded

There's only 2 ways to get ER rocking that's to get a winning side on the pitch and to make ticket prices more affordable for the man in the street

scoopyboy
18-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Does that not contradict the rest of your post?

scoopyboy
18-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Hopefully they reduce the prices for th Hearts game aswell, pretty steep.

Is this post meant to be serious?

LioNeilMessi
18-04-2014, 06:38 PM
I expect us to turn out in numbers. I am going to give a couple of my free tickets for the Partick Thistle game to Desantos so that both of him can go.

Great gesture :greengrin

matty_f
18-04-2014, 06:40 PM
I think it's a great idea, what will be interesting though is to see the crowd that take advantage of it. We're often told that games should be around that price point, and if they were we'd have loads more folk coming through the gates, so here's a great opportunity for people to put their money where their mouth is. If it's a good price point we should see a bumper crowd for it.

Capt Mainwaring
18-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Season Ticket holder - buy one really to help the club up front every season not because of any financial gain. So no issue at all with great initiatives this this.

nribs
18-04-2014, 07:13 PM
SPL games shouldn't be more than £15 a pop anyway. Well done hibs but I dont think this is a thank you to the fans. This is a we are in the sh*t we need you.

Ronniekirk
18-04-2014, 07:18 PM

I wouldn't bother offering them to Desantos ,he will probably be in two minds about whether to accept them :wink:

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Does that not contradict the rest of your post?

:greengrin It's supposed to!