PDA

View Full Version : British Pathe News - Hibernian

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Link here: http://www.britishpathe.com/search/query/Hibernian

I've seen some of these clips posted on here before but haven't seen others which seem to have been added since I last looked. Great footage of us beating Rangers in 1947 and from the cup final in 1923. Spoiler alert, we didn't win that one.

Thecat23
18-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Love watching old footage like this. Cheers for posting the link.

Pete
18-04-2014, 12:18 AM
Loved watching these clips. Great seeing all the old grounds like Starks park, tynecastle and the holy ground. A rickety main stand and a big bowl of terracing seemed to be the template.

Our game is second to none when it comes to history. I just wish we could make more of it instead of this nonsense we are forced to endure nowadays where everyone is feeding off old firm scraps.

JOD
18-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Talk about the Holy Grail. Still can't work out how we did not win the '58 final against '' The Bully Wee''. Looked a good goal chopped off as well. Suppose nothing changes :greengrin Thanks for footage tho great stuff of a bygone era.

Phil D. Rolls
18-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Talk about the Holy Grail. Still can't work out how we did not win the '58 final against '' The Bully Wee''. Looked a good goal chopped off as well. Suppose nothing changes :greengrin Thanks for footage tho great stuff of a bygone era.

I think Baker himself admitted he'd punched the ball into the net.

greenpaper55
18-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Looks like the keepers had to look lively in those days to say the least, not much silky soccer to be seen more like my school football.

One Day
18-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Love watching old footage like this. Cheers for posting the link.

Great viewing, cheers

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Link here: http://www.britishpathe.com/search/query/Hibernian

I've seen some of these clips posted on here before but haven't seen others which seem to have been added since I last looked. Great footage of us beating Rangers in 1947 and from the cup final in 1923. Spoiler alert, we didn't win that one.

But as our friends from Gorgie helpfully remind us, we did the hold that trophy aloft a mere 21 years earlier...

Waxy
18-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Quite something to watch the Hibs play before we'd introduced our white sleeves.Also 1923 i think is the year before our old main stand was built.