DAD'S. ..
I'M taking my Daughter to her
1st ever Hibs game on Saturday
She's 2 an a half.....
What age did you take your kids
to their 1st game ?

Diclonius
17-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Can't comment on the child situation but I went to my first Hibs game when I was 14.

I was a late bloomer. :greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
17-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I took my son at 4 to his first game. Had to leave at half time as he was bored. To be fair it's not got much better. He's ten now and hates it if we leave even a minute before the final whistle. We've been that bad in the last five-six years I thought it would be a struggle to keep him interested, but he's hooked big time. He lives through the west and is the only boy at his school who wears a hibs strip (with pride) and has had a season ticket for three years now

hibbiedon
17-04-2014, 05:36 PM
I took kids & grandkids from 4 upwards, it really depends on them but to be honest what Hibs will put years on them

Jpdhfc
17-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Had my son at hibs games from 10 month onwards just sat on ma knee sleeping most of the time now 19 and had a season ticket for about fifteen years now time flys

Technofob
17-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Took my son to his first game against the pars when he was 3.

He's had a season ticket since he was 5 -we sat in the west. Had a lump in my throat the last home game of season 2011/12 as he was moving to the east with his pals the next season when he was 14 :sad smiley:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-04-2014, 06:10 PM
3.5 don't let them take a book or it'll cause all sorts of consternation...

sleeping giant
17-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Just the poster earlier...

Took him on his 4th Birthday and he hated it :greengrin Refused to come out of the concourse after our half time pie and started greeting about wanting to go home and play with his new toys.
It was an earie feeling walking down St Clair st at Half Time when Sir Patrick of Stanton was doing a half time presentation on the pitch.

Took him back when he was 5 and he loved it. Ended up with a ST for 8 years in a row :thumbsup:

Mr White
17-04-2014, 07:31 PM
A month before his 2nd birthday when we beat utd 2-1 in november 2012. He's now a season ticket holder in the famous 5 at the grand old age of 3- he loves it. He's renewed too. He's too young to realise how gash we are :greengrin

lord bunberry
17-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I've got my daughter a season ticket for next season, she will be 4 in October, I want her to have to experience the same pain and misery that I did.

Yuillsy
17-04-2014, 07:39 PM
I took my daughter to her 1st game at the tail end of last season, she was 3 and a half. She enjoyed it for an hour then wanted to leave. I've taken her to a couple of games since then but she's now decided "football's a boys thing". On the plus side I've got some cracking photos of us at that game that I'll cherish forever.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2014, 07:43 PM
First took my laddie to Easter Road with his granddad when he was 7, due to illness it was the last game his granddad (my father in law) could attend and even that day was a struggle for him. I know he loved the fact that he had actually managed ER one last time with his only grandson and handed over the Hibee baton so to speak.

My lad is now 20 and a ST holder with me, strangely enough he also supports an EPL team though definitely not the English national team :greengrin

Stantons Angel
17-04-2014, 07:56 PM
Although my son was 3 before experiencing his first game at Easter Road, my mum used to always say he was born with a Hibs strip on!

We used to take him to Easter Road and tried to encourage him to watch the men in the green and white tops but he just used to sit on the old terracing and play with the stones, throwing them around him till he got bored.

we took him through to see George Best's first game for Hibs, so he could always say he had seen the great man play, we made a big day out of it doing lunch and trying to make it a day he would remember AND He cant remember any of it!!!

His concentration on the game got better as he grew older and is now hooked on anything Hibernian, he has had his season ticket in the old East Stand for many years and has travelled home and away to see Hibs play, even venturing to Athens for both the games there as well as Belgium and Germany,

Hibs have meant a lot to him over the years and its not till i see the pride and the passion for his team in his face that i realise we did the right thing taking him so young to the football.

He just loves it and still has his season ticket every year, only to suffer just like the rest of us!

GlenrothesHibee
17-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Took my daughter when she was 2. Pre season game against Sunderland. Sure it was £15 to get her in if I remember correctly. Shocking. She's been to a fair few since

Mr White
17-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Sure it was £15 to get her in if I remember correctly. Shocking.

That is shocking. I'd like hibs to follow st johnstone's pricing for kids and families- under 12s free and adults with kids cheaper in the mixed ormond stand. Get them in the habit of attending at a young age. I took my boy to mcdiarmid park a few weeks ago and it was only £15 to get both of us in.

Having said that, to be fair to hibs, kids seasons in the ff lower for £25 is brilliant value :aok:

Carheenlea
17-04-2014, 08:04 PM
I enrolled my daughter into the Hibs Kids from birth, and she made her SPFL debut earlier this season aged 2 at a Hibs Kids game. Prior to that she had her first visit to Easter Road for a Hibs v Hearts U19`s game aged 1, and an U19`s game at East Mains aged 6 months.

It`s always important to bring your other half to games at Easter Road occasionally just to counter his/her assumptions that you are away out enjoying yourself every Saturday.

Stax
17-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Took my son to his 1st game when he was 4. It was against Aberdeen, he was sitting on my knee when we scored. I jumped up / big roar & the wee fella sh** himself & started greeting! Two auld boys sat behind me effin & Jeffin the whole game (East terrace). We got home and his mum & granny asked him how he'd enjoyed it. "Great, and there was a man behind us who kept saying come on hibs for F***'* sake! :greengrin

sleeping giant
17-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Also took my daughter to a Hibs v hearts game when she was 6. She fell asleep across my knee :greengrin: She was mortified a fee years later when I took her again and we bumped unto 65BD (remember him) and he reminded her :greengrin

Torto7062
17-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Some great replys guys..
My oldest 2 are 20 and 21.
The oldest follows Celtic because
His granda does..but he was a Hibby
for 5 yrs...The other laddie is
A die hard Hibby who loves the fact
He's the only guy wearing a Hibs top in a
Dodgy east end glasgow howf lol
My youngest son went to his 1st game on his
5th birthday v the debt dodgers. We scored
1st in a 1all draw..

Just dinnae tell the mrs my daughter is going

TBGWA

weonlywon6-2
17-04-2014, 09:46 PM
A wee jig o the memory for all
DAD'S. ..
I'M taking my Daughter to her
1st ever Hibs game on Saturday
She's 2 an a half.....
What age did you take your kids
to their 1st game ?

Took my oldest to a dundee game when mcleish was in charge,not sure what year it was.
Killie at home for my middle daughter when she was about 8

Youngest went when she was 6 i think

Won two and lost one of them

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2014, 10:34 PM
There are some nice stories in this thread, though I'm not sure the wee ones mentioned will be grateful in the future. I still occasionally remind my dad it's his fault I'm a Hibs fan! I was around six when I was first taken along.

Lucius Apuleius
18-04-2014, 08:44 AM
The big yin was about four. Away to Hamilton. He tried to keep up with me in the pub drinking orange to my guinness, bad dad that I am. He ended up puking all over the table. :-). At the game he couldn't understand why the ball never came to him to throw it back.

WestEndHibee
18-04-2014, 08:52 AM
I was 5 months old at my first game. Wasn't too bad an experience as I saw us lifting the skol cup :greengrin.

gegs70
18-04-2014, 10:07 AM
2years old I think but he got bored so ended walking,along the back of toehold terracing at half time....cost me a few packets of sweets too!!

Dublin07
18-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Took my eldest when he was about 20 months. we scored 5 goals in his first 2 games (dinaburg and league cup final) and he thought it was like that every week. he has had a season ticket for 5 years now and knows better. The youngest was 3.5 and it was 10 games before he seen us win! hope your wee one brings us luck tomorrow. just have plenty sweeties and a good book :greengrin.

One Day
18-04-2014, 08:05 PM
I lived on Eater Road and started taking my eldest to Easter Road, to reserve games, wen he was two and a half didn't matter if he wanted to leave at half time. took him to his 1st "big" game when he was 4

The Harp
18-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Both my kids were around 3 years old when they were taken along as a treat (or could it have been as punishment for bad behaviour:rolleyes:) to see the Hibees for the first time.
For my son it was during the George Best era when we played Meadowbank Thistle in the Cup at Tynecastle (they weren't permitted to play Hibs, Yams or the OF at Meadowbank). We won 1-0.
My daughter saw her first game in '83 from the old south stand at ER, which at that time was the Family Stand. A real bore-fest of a game v M'well which finished 1-1 and she fell asleep during the first half and managed to stay that way throughout the remainder of the game and all the way home.
I haven't been allowed to take my grandson or granddaughter along to a game yet ... wonder why???:wink: