PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Gardening

Leith Mo
16-04-2014, 11:02 AM
Now that it seems the Poppy Pilferers may have crossed another hurdle and will be spouting about their great victory in the face of adversity etc, I thought I'd share a tactic one of my older and wiser friends gave me.

He bought me a packet of poppy seeds and asked me to surrepticiously sow them in a neighbour's garden - just so as one of THEM the neighbour could have even more poppies he never paid for as a reminder of their theft. Very subtle, very effective and oh so annoying to get rid of those deep-rooted blooms! Given that the sun is now here spring should be ripe for seed germination.

Spread the word, they sowed the wind so instead of us getting wound up, let's continue to wind them up and remind them: LEST WE FORGET - they never paid for their poppies! They go absolutely radge when reminded of this fact so visual impact in all their gardens would be funny and fitting.

Leith Green
16-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Now that it seems the Poppy Pilferers may have crossed another hurdle and will be spouting about their great victory in the face of adversity etc, I thought I'd share a tactic one of my older and wiser friends gave me.

He bought me a packet of poppy seeds and asked me to surrepticiously sow them in a neighbour's garden - just so as one of THEM the neighbour could have even more poppies he never paid for as a reminder of their theft. Very subtle, very effective and oh so annoying to get rid of those deep-rooted blooms! Given that the sun is now here spring should be ripe for seed germination.

Spread the word, they sowed the wind so instead of us getting wound up, let's continue to wind them up and remind them: LEST WE FORGET - they never paid for their poppies! They go absolutely radge when reminded of this fact so visual impact in all their gardens would be funny and fitting.

Eh???

sleeping giant
16-04-2014, 05:51 PM
I nearly got arrested trying to buy poppy seeds once :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
23-04-2014, 11:43 AM

This is genius.

Moulin Yarns
23-04-2014, 12:28 PM
I nearly got arrested trying to buy poppy seeds once :greengrin

I don't know whether I should admit this, but I don't think it is buying the seed you can get arrested for :wink: But my garden is full of papaver somnifera if you are interested :greengrin