PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa, Assistants suspended?

TRC
15-04-2014, 03:21 PM
www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27039466
Strange one anyone think it's the end of the line for Lambert?

Bronson
15-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Hope not, the job seems a bit of a poisoned chalice and I'd quite like to see him get it right there. Although I'm not a great lover of Aston Villa, not sure what it is, they just bore me.

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Villa are my English team(don't ask). Not too sure what's happened but rumours that Culverhouse has pissed off a lot of the squad in recent weeks. Shay Given and Gordon Cowans helped with training this afternoon and the players seemed to respond well. Certainly a strange one though. Shoogly peg time for Lambert though, a lot of fans have lost patience. They've had a fairly similar season to Hibs(other than they've actually looked good in a few big games, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool-we've rarely looked good in any game). Similar risk of relegation still lingering around for both clubs as well

iwasthere1972
15-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Villa are my English team(don't ask). Not too sure what's happened but rumours that Culverhouse has pissed off a lot of the squad in recent weeks. Shay Given and Gordon Cowans helped with training this afternoon and the players seemed to respond well. Certainly a strange one though. Shoogly peg time for Lambert though, a lot of fans have lost patience. They've had a fairly similar season to Hibs(other than they've actually looked good in a few big games, Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool-we've rarely looked good in any game). Similar risk of relegation still lingering around for both clubs as well

Has it ever crossed your mind that you may be a jinx? :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Haha several times. Thinking about taking more of an interest in Hearts* and Birmingham City next season, see how that works out.

*if they still exist

Holmesdale Hibs
16-04-2014, 07:07 AM
I was at the Palace vs Villa game on Saturday (in the home end) and Villa were absolutely shocking. That being said, they nearly sneaked a thoroughly undeserved point at the end but Julian Speroni (remember him) saved the day.

Villa have 3 winnable games then are away at Man City on the last day of the season so need to find some form quickly.

Winston Ingram
16-04-2014, 07:23 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-suspended-ian-culverhouse-3417610

For bullying apparently. The journo on Sky Sports News this morning said it was for a number of instances including verbally abusing the clubs own fans during a game. Thankfully, we don't have anyone on our management team like that :whistle:

leither17
16-04-2014, 07:31 AM
I have 30 quid on them to get relegated at 10/1 hope all thak drama makes it onto the pitch

J-C
16-04-2014, 07:31 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-suspended-ian-culverhouse-3417610

For bullying apparently. The journo on Sky Sports News this morning said it was for a number of instances including verbally abusing the clubs own fans during a game. Thankfully, we don't have anyone on our management team like that :whistle:

Hahaha never seen this post, just posted something similar on the Malpas thread.

Scottie
16-04-2014, 08:28 AM

Ha Ha quality :thumbsup: