PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Ticket Initiatives Announced

RSS Bot
15-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Free ticket for PTFC match when purchasing a ticket for St Mirren

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140415/ticket-initiatives-announced_2262950_3768743)

matty_f
15-04-2014, 03:11 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20140415/ticket-initiatives-announced_2262950_3768743)

Good idea. :agree:

AllyF
15-04-2014, 03:16 PM
:aok:

Wheat Hound
15-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Thats more like it......good work Hibs and good work LWT.....Time for us all to pull together

andy1875
15-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Good idea and one that ensures ST holders don't lose out as we're effectively getting one extra home game with the ST.

Will go some way to easing fact I've missed 4 or 5 home games this year with my ST. My own bad planning in fairness so good to score for a change :aok:

S4uzee
15-04-2014, 03:27 PM

It's a good idea but I don't see what ST Holders get out of it who are going to St Mirren

SmashinGlass
15-04-2014, 03:29 PM
It's a good idea but I don't see what ST Holders get out of it who are going to St Mirren

A free ticket for a mate to come along

Blaster
15-04-2014, 03:31 PM
I would have preferred getting the last 3 home games for forty quid or something like that.

Hibby91
15-04-2014, 03:32 PM
How do we go about claiming these if we have already bought st mirren tickets, should have been announced before they went on sale

Aaron
15-04-2014, 03:35 PM
How do we go about claiming these if we have already bought st mirren tickets, should have been announced before they went on sale

My guess is you take your St Mirren stub to the ticket office on or before 2nd May to claim your free ticket.

hibs4thecup1988
15-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Ticket stub to ticket office - or even ticket before Saturday to ticket office?

NYHibby
15-04-2014, 03:41 PM
My guess is you take your St Mirren stub to the ticket office on or before 2nd May to claim your free ticket.

That is how I understood the announcement.

Lmc2105
15-04-2014, 03:46 PM
Also noticed an incentive for County away! free buses :greengrin would be good for us to fill them and take people up in numbers!

SteveHFC
15-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Also noticed an incentive for County away! free buses :greengrin would be good for us to fill them and take people up in numbers!

Free tickets and free travel :cb

marinello59
15-04-2014, 03:49 PM

Excellent. :thumbsup:

hibs4thecup1988
15-04-2014, 03:49 PM

So thats 300 going... :greengrin

Bowtow
15-04-2014, 03:50 PM
and if you have already bought tickets for both games :confused:

Lmc2105
15-04-2014, 03:51 PM

you want to give Petrie a heart attack :wink: Free Bus travel would be ideal! :thumbsup:

adhibs
15-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Great idea. Should boost crowd a bit for partick game

adhibs
15-04-2014, 04:26 PM

You'll now have a spare to give to someone for partick game

iwasthere1972
15-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Anyone know if the ticket office will be open on Friday to collect St Mirren ticket?

Keith_M
15-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Well done Hibs

:thumbsup:

emerald green
15-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Well done Hibs. Good positive stuff. :aok:

Keith_M
15-04-2014, 05:21 PM

If you have, cant you return your PT ticket? I'm pretty sure you used to be able to do that.

Jonnyboy
15-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Great move by Hibs. :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Excellent by Hibs, trying to get more to attend what will be a huge match for us......

iwasthere1972
15-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Anyone know if the ticket office will be open on Friday to collect St Mirren ticket?

Well? :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
15-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Excellent by Hibs, trying to get more to attend what will be a huge match for us......

Totally agree, a good initiative by the Club.

Hibs need to find away of getting more walk up supporters to games at Easter Road. I also hope they do something about televised games at home. Charging a walk up price of £25+ for a televised lunchtime kick off ain't going to attract anyone to attend.

Baldy Foghorn
15-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Totally agree, a good initiative by the Club.

Hibs need to find away of getting more walk up supporters to games at Easter Road. I also hope they do something about televised games at home. Charging a walk up price of £25+ for a televised lunchtime kick off ain't going to attract anyone to attend.

Indeed but by reducing the prices, it does devalue the Season Ticket.....Tricky one to balance.....

FranckSuzy
15-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Well? :greengrin

You could have looked on the fishy site yourself :wink: :greengrin Mon-Fri 10-5.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HowToBook/0,,10290,00.html

iwasthere1972
15-04-2014, 07:38 PM
You could have looked on the fishy site yourself :wink: :greengrin Mon-Fri 10-5.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/HowToBook/0,,10290,00.html

I did but Friday is a holiday so don't know if it will be open. I'd book my ticket tonight but working tomorrow and Thursday and wouldn't risk it being sent by post.

FranckSuzy
15-04-2014, 08:48 PM
I did but Friday is a holiday so don't know if it will be open. I'd book my ticket tonight but working tomorrow and Thursday and wouldn't risk it being sent by post.

Forgot about Easter :greengrin Hopefully a wee phonecall will give you the required info. Good luck :aok:

Devine
15-04-2014, 09:11 PM
And season ticket holders get....well nothing! I'm all for trying to get more walk up fans in but season ticket holders (the ones the board continually tell us are the lifeblood) must get some payback for their loyalty as well especially after the tripe we have had to endure all season. Another half thought out attempt at positive marketing

FranckSuzy
15-04-2014, 09:13 PM
And season ticket holders get....well nothing! I'm all for trying to get more walk up fans in but season ticket holders (the ones the board continually tell us are the lifeblood) must get some payback for their loyalty as well especially after the tripe we have had to endure all season. Another half thought out attempt at positive marketing

What do you suggest they do instead? ST holders now can at least bring along another Hibby free gratis. To be fair, Hibs will never be able to please all of the people all of the time.

Devine
15-04-2014, 09:19 PM
What do you suggest they do instead? ST holders now can at least bring along another Hibby free gratis. To be fair, Hibs will never be able to please all of the people all of the time.

Well there are people within ER who get paid to think of proper marketing strategies to try and please a large proportion of the support. But for the record here's just a few:- Vouchers for the club shop, reduction in next seasons ST price, reduction in cost of top up, voucher for food/drink at ER, voucher for drink at behind the goals etc...not really that hard to think of 'small' gestures

matty_f
15-04-2014, 09:25 PM
and season ticket holders get....well nothing! I'm all for trying to get more walk up fans in but season ticket holders (the ones the board continually tell us are the lifeblood) must get some payback for their loyalty as well especially after the tripe we have had to endure all season. Another half thought out attempt at positive marketing

ffs.

sven nil
15-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Well done the board, but if its all about the money why do we help st midden financially ?

Also heard next initiative is free ticket and travel to Dingwall plus overnight stay in local hotels with free bar and restaurant till 3 am .

matty_f
15-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Well there are people within ER who get paid to think of proper marketing strategies to try and please a large proportion of the support. But for the record here's just a few:- Vouchers for the club shop, reduction in next seasons ST price, reduction in cost of top up, voucher for food/drink at ER, voucher for drink at behind the goals etc...not really that hard to think of 'small' gestures

If I was Maurice Malpas I know how I'd be responding to your posts. :agree:

SouthamptonHibs
15-04-2014, 09:27 PM
Well done Hibs great idea and hopefully it will boost the numbers for the PTFC game. As a ST holder I think it's a great deal. If you go to the away match you can bring a mate along for free / charge him £10 so you can get 3 pre match beers down yer throat to help ease the pain!
Hail Hail

FranckSuzy
15-04-2014, 09:27 PM

Get the ideas emailed in then. Or, come along to a 'Working Together' meeting :aok: Nothing is going to change by mentioning it on here.

15-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Well there are people within ER who get paid to think of proper marketing strategies to try and please a large proportion of the support. But for the record here's just a few:- Vouchers for the club shop, reduction in next seasons ST price, reduction in cost of top up, voucher for food/drink at ER, voucher for drink at behind the goals etc...not really that hard to think of 'small' gestures Very happy with this promotion Hibs, nice gesture. I'm going to Paisley but the boy can't make it so my one free Partick ticket will be going to another mate I'm trying to get to take a Season Ticket for next Season. If they were offering vouchers for food they'd get ripped to shreds on this forum. This is something of real value I can us and hopefully my mate will end up buying a season ticket next year. If he does the Club will be £400 to the good.

Ronniekirk
15-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Ordered mine first thing Monday and they arrived today First class service .:wink:

Hibbyradge
15-04-2014, 09:40 PM

:agree:

There should be some sort of goodwill gesture for the folk who can't attend too.

15-04-2014, 09:41 PM

Don't know if you've noticed mate but Season Ticket Holders will already be getting the Kilmarnock game for nothing. That makes it 20 home games not the 19 we've paid for so every season ticket holder has saving either £22 or £12. Think your the one not thinking it out this is positive marketing.

Saorsa
15-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Don't know if you've noticed mate but Season Ticket Holders will already be getting the Kilmarnock game for nothing. That makes it 20 home games not the 19 we've paid for so every season ticket holder has saving either £22 or £12. Think your the one not thinking it out this is positive marketing.I paid for a season ticket for the season, no for a number of games. If this league with it's stupid split throws up odd fixtures that's just how it is but it's part of the season, no an extra or free game. Have we ever had money back when we only had 18 hame games?

Devine
15-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Don't know if you've noticed mate but Season Ticket Holders will already be getting the Kilmarnock game for nothing. That makes it 20 home games not the 19 we've paid for so every season ticket holder has saving either £22 or £12. Think your the one not thinking it out this is positive marketing.

A season ticket means you get access to every home league game of that season quite simple really. The fact we may have 3 home games in the BOTTOM 6 is one that's evident at the start of the season. As much of a treat as you may think it is, this was always a possibility & it's part of the original agreement for a SEASON ticket not a limited games per season ticket. Think your the one that's not grasped this

Onceinawhile
15-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Hibs GTF.

(I've no idea if it's deserved or not, but let's face it, Hibs have announced something therefore it is wrong!)

SaulGoodman
15-04-2014, 09:55 PM
A season ticket means you get access to every home league game of that season quite simple really. The fact we may have 3 home games in the BOTTOM 6 is one that's evident at the start of the season. As much of a treat as you may think it is, this was always a possibility & it's part of the original agreement for a SEASON ticket not a limited games per season ticket. Think your the one that's not grasped this

Maybe you should start going to these meetings instead of bumping your gums about it.

Devine
15-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Maybe you should start going to these meetings instead of bumping your gums about it.

My last comment on this. Firstly I wasn't in the country when the meeting was on (not that I should need to justify that). Secondly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how to balance it and give something back to the largest section of the support that will be attending the away game. There are people within ER employed to come up with such strategies & they shouldn't need me to tell them how to do that

iwasthere1972
15-04-2014, 10:03 PM
The way I see it. Hibs give away a free ticket for the Partick match even though there is no financial reward for them. Doubt we will play any better with 2,000 fans at St Mirren than we would if there was 500 there.

What do some folk do. Moan.

The club can't do anything right nowadays. I've got a season ticket and to be truthful I couldn't care less if Hibs gave away free tickets for every home game next season. I can afford my ticket. It's convenient and I'll be guaranteed my Scottish Cup Final ticket next year. :greengrin

Well done Hibs.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

15-04-2014, 10:07 PM
A season ticket means you get access to every home league game of that season quite simple really. The fact we may have 3 home games in the BOTTOM 6 is one that's evident at the start of the season. As much of a treat as you may think it is, this was always a possibility & it's part of the original agreement for a SEASON ticket not a limited games per season ticket. Think your the one that's not grasped this That's your way of looking at, fine. I bought a Season Ticket thinking I had 19 home games, I've now got 20. I'm happy......ok Id prefer they were in the top 6 (we all would). But happy that the price per game I thought I'd be paying with my Season will be lower.

SaulGoodman
15-04-2014, 10:07 PM
My last comment on this. Firstly I wasn't in the country when the meeting was on (not that I should need to justify that). Secondly it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out how to balance it and give something back to the largest section of the support that will be attending the away game. There are people within ER employed to come up with such strategies & they shouldn't need me to tell them how to do that

It's a good job they don't need you to tell them how to do it or all we'd end up with are free pies and pints for Season ticket members!

JustSimplyHibs
16-04-2014, 10:48 AM

Knock £28 off the season ticket price for next season would be logical and common sense - for the ones that have already renewed.

EH54
16-04-2014, 10:59 AM
Can never make anyone happy

I would much rather see ER full than empty i wouldn't care less if Hibs gave everyone 3 tickets for the next home match or if they just made it free gates for the next 3 home games to get the place bouncing and full we pay our money to watch Hibs by buying a ST your already saving money getting first pick at cup finals and away games which we needed in the past 3 years, 2 cup finals and Tyncastle, some will just moan about anything

Don't think a ST is worth it don't buy one simple

FranckSuzy
16-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Knock £28 off the season ticket price for next season would be logical and common sense - for the ones that have already renewed.

Email the board with your suggestion then :aok:

California-Hibs
16-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Well done Hibs! This is exactly the kind of thing we've been asking to see. Hopefully it won't take for us to be involved in a relegation battle for when we next see things like this offered to fans to help boost crowds.

Keith_M
16-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Some inside info on the next incentive, this time for Season Ticket Holders to help as a balance for the Walk Up incentives. I heard that all ST holders, for the home game against Partick Thistle, will be allowed to boo twice as loudly as normal.

Keep it under your hats for now :wink:

3pm
16-04-2014, 03:53 PM
As a ST holder, I don't give a toss.

If more fans at either game helps us get some points then I am all for it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Its a good deal and one I've availed myself of.

It also means anyone who has no intention of going on Saturday can get themselves a ticket for the Partick game for £20 instead of £22. ;-)

Diclonius
16-04-2014, 08:22 PM
If I was Maurice Malpas I know how I'd be responding to your posts. :agree:

:faf:

Gatecrasher
17-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Whilst I'm happy hibs are trying things I don't quite get this one, give your money to st mirren and get a free hibs game? They could have made it buy one get one free for the Partick and killie games or 3 games for £40 or something? Hibs don't get much out of the current deal.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Whilst I'm happy hibs are trying things I don't quite get this one, give your money to st mirren and get a free hibs game? They could have made it buy one get one free for the Partick and killie games or 3 games for £40 or something? Hibs don't get much out of the current deal.

It's recognition of the need to encourage a large travelling support. If the extra fans make a difference, and we get a result, then it's money well spent IMO.

mutley
17-04-2014, 08:54 AM
OK St holders don't get much out of it ( i've already told my mate he can have my free one), Hibs don't get much out of it, apart from maybe club shop and catering sales. BUT what it will give us hopefully is another 1-1.5k bums on seats for the PTFC game.More fans ,More noise and with a bit of luck more encouragement for our team to keep away for the dreaded play off zone. I really hope to ****** that we don't get dran into that.GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2014, 09:04 AM
As a ST holder I want something back connected to this offer..............................I want the ****** team on the pitch at St Mirren to at least look like they care and show the same passion and commitment that we the fans do, then I will feel fully compensated. :flag:

SlickShoes
17-04-2014, 09:10 AM

If a packed away end at St Mirren park makes any difference at all it's money well spent by the club.

This game is the classic 6 pointer, if we win we are 7 points clear of 2nd bottom with only 4 games to play, the chances of us going down looking slim to none. If we lose we are 1 point away from the play off, I would go as far as to say our survival in the SPFL hinges on this one game, this is our cup final this year.

CropleyWasGod
17-04-2014, 09:11 AM
If the a packed away end at St Mirren park makes any difference at all it's money well spent by the club.

This game is the classic 6 pointer, if we win we are 7 points clear of 2nd bottom with only 4 games to play, the chances of us going down looking slim to none. If we lose we are 1 point away from the play off, this is the classic 6 pointer, I would go as far as to say our survival in the SPFL hinges on this one game, this is our cup final this year.

You were doing so well until that last bit. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2014, 10:04 AM
If we lose we are 1 point away from the play off

Only if Partick & Ross Co win too.

SlickShoes
17-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Only if Partick & Ross Co win too.

Aye you are right, I keep forgetting Partick are actually below St Mirren. That unsettling though because they pumped us easily last time we played.

Joe Baker II
17-04-2014, 12:00 PM

Encouraging supporters of all clubs to go to away games is far more important for the future of Scottish football than just encouraging home supporters, for once well done to Petrie for reversing all his previous soundings on this subject and doing something that reflects there are more important considerations than cash flow for Hibs.

And you fail to consider, if we were actually close to selling out away grounds more often, people like me would consider getting season ticket to guarantee tickets for games like this, in recent years there has been no incentive to buy a season ticket other than guaranteeing ticket for a final.