PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Lovell

Torto7062
13-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Had a nice wee chat with him today while watching the Liverpool game.
Total Gent and spoke fondly of his time at Hibs...
He had a bit if an insight about the going's on's at E.R.

SmashinGlass
13-04-2014, 08:46 PM
And that insight was?

scuttle
13-04-2014, 08:47 PM

Spill them then

Weststandwanab
13-04-2014, 08:52 PM
He had a bit if an insight about the going's on's at E.R.Did you:hnet: ask him to tell TB what is going on?

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 08:57 PM
And that insight was?

To be serialised in the Daily Sevco ;)

Torto7062
13-04-2014, 08:59 PM
K.T is a very unhappy player....
Petries transfer dealings....
or lack of, just when the boat
needed to be pushed out a
wee bit more...darren barr
wanted to sign for Us on less
Money but Tasche didn't agree
to wage demands so he signed for
THEM
He

Coco Bryce
13-04-2014, 09:49 PM
THEM
He

Good call by RP then as Barr is useless.

The Falcon
13-04-2014, 09:55 PM

There are few ex-pro's now pundits alluding to things being wrong at ER, not too sure they are any more informed than guys on this board with ties to the club.

Did Jimmy Calderwood not talk about there being problems at ER, while sharing a studio with John Collins, and said something along the lines of that those in the game knew what was going on but he understood that John couldn't say, or something like that. Then talked vaguely about problems from above.

Then applied for the job.............................twice!

MWHIBBIES
13-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Good call by RP then as Barr is useless.Yes but we signed Michael Hart instead...

hibees 7062
13-04-2014, 10:02 PM

:agree::agree:

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 10:27 PM
Good call by RP then as Barr is useless.Why was it his call? I thought the manager decided who is signed and how the money is spent within the budget and apparently with nae wage cap either. Isn't that what we're telt?

Whether the player subsequently turns out good or bad is neither here nor there, that would be the manager's fault.

Was Barr over and above the budget? If he wisnae why was it Petrie's call tae make if things are done how we are telt they are?

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Is it the same for a manager? Whether he subsequently turns out to be good or bad is neither here nor there?No because that decision is made by the person who is supposed tae make it, i.e. Petrie, if that turns out wrong it's his fault.

Petrie appoints the manager, if the manager is crap that is Petrie's fault, he appointed him.

If the manager signs a player/s that he wants and they are crap that is the manager's fault, he signed them.

If the manager cannae get the players he wants within the budget because of interference from above and ends up with rubbish he disnae want then that is the fault of the person interfering, no the manager.

If the manager keeps ending up with 4th, 5th and 6th choice players or whatever is left at the end of the transfer windae instead of the ones he wants, he can hardly be blamed for that.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 11:07 PM
That all makes sense but do we know there is interference from above?Do all these stories just come from naewhere, are they just made up by ex-players/managers with an axe tae grind. Nae smoke without fire IMO but I suppose that depends on who or what you want tae believe. A bit odd that Hibs seem tae end up doing the same thing (and failing) every season when all the other variables have changed bar one. Signings mostly of leftovers at the end of the windae, hard tae believe that's the strategy of any, never mind every manager that's been here recently, no wanting their players signed up and in for a good pre-season. Everything bar one has changed and yet nothing has changed, that's why I'm looking at the one that hasnae.

Diclonius
13-04-2014, 11:19 PM

Yeah, that one never came back to haunt us did it.. :rolleyes:

Pete
13-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Yeah, that one never came back to haunt us did it.. :rolleyes:

In what way did it?

Scottie
13-04-2014, 11:30 PM
In what way did it?
1st goal in that cup final :grr:

--------
13-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Do all these stories just come from naewhere, are they just made up by ex-players/managers with an axe tae grind. Nae smoke without fire IMO but I suppose that depends on who or what you want tae believe. A bit odd that Hibs seem tae end up doing the same thing (and failing) every season when all the other variables have changed bar one. Signings mostly of leftovers at the end of the windae, hard tae believe that's the strategy of any never mind every manager that's been here recently, no wanting their players signed up and in for a good pre-season. Everything bar one has changed and yet nothing has changed, that's why I'm looking at the one that hasnae.

Seems entirely logical to me, Dan. :agree:

Thecat23
13-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Know Archie well. Hope he didn't bring out his guitar as he loves a solo!!!!!

Pete
13-04-2014, 11:43 PM
1st goal in that cup final :grr:

If he wasn't there then I'm sure the guy playing in his position would have scored instead such was our crap start.:rolleyes:

Who cares about the Thomson/ 10v12/ financial cheating/ tainted final anyway?:greengrin

Deansy
14-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Do all these stories just come from naewhere, are they just made up by ex-players/managers with an axe tae grind. Nae smoke without fire IMO but I suppose that depends on who or what you want tae believe. A bit odd that Hibs seem tae end up doing the same thing (and failing) every season when all the other variables have changed bar one. Signings mostly of leftovers at the end of the windae, hard tae believe that's the strategy of any, never mind every manager that's been here recently, no wanting their players signed up and in for a good pre-season. Everything bar one has changed and yet nothing has changed, that's why I'm looking at the one that hasnae.

We're notorious for end-of-window signings and you'd have to blame Rod for that as this trait has, more or less, continued under different managers. There's a reason for these players still being available at a late date - they're (usually) gash!

14-04-2014, 12:24 AM
darren barr
THEM
He
Not exactly what I've been told. I'm lead to believe that the Club thought they had an agreement with Barr's people. Once they had the offer they trotted across the city and got double the money from THEM. This is how Vlad operated by continually paying players more than they were worth. We're not talking a couple of hundred quid on a basic wage here. Hearts gave him several thousand more per week, as they were doing with all their players. They even had Big Zal on English Premiership wages, then there was Kingston, and that Belgium guy they paid £750k for who played a couple of games and was never heard of again. The outcome was eventual Administration and potential Liquidation.

Torto7062
14-04-2014, 03:07 AM
Not exactly what I've been told. I'm lead to believe that the Club thought they had an agreement with Barr's people. Once they had the offer they trotted across the city and got double the money from THEM. This is how Vlad operated by continually paying players more than they were worth. We're not talking a couple of hundred quid on a basic wage here. Hearts gave him several thousand more per week, as they were doing with all their players. They even had Big Zal on English Premiership wages, then there was Kingston, and that Belgium guy they paid £750k for who played a couple of games and was never heard of again. The outcome was eventual Administration and potential Liquidation.

Barr was wanting 1800 pw
Hearts offered 2500pw
Barrs agent told Yogi that
2000pw would be enough and
Barr would be a Hibby.
Petrie offered 1200pw......

Also Burnley had Fletcher signed
and Petrie never told Yogi for a
week......

MWHIBBIES
14-04-2014, 03:30 AM
Barr was wanting 1800 pw
Hearts offered 2500pw
Barr would be a Hibby.

week......In a week Yogi could have read a newspaper and asked Petrie, sounds like pish to me

easty
14-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Barr was wanting 1800 pw
Hearts offered 2500pw
Barr would be a Hibby.

week......

If Yogi confirms that then I'll believe it, not going to take Stuart Lovells word for it though. He wasn't there was he?

The Fletcher thing must be nonsense. We all knew he was going.

marinello59
14-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Barr was wanting 1800 pw
Hearts offered 2500pw
Barr would be a Hibby.

week......

Lovell told you this as well? At what point did Petrie offer £1200. If it was an opening gambit it has no relevance to the higher figures you quote. Offering that after Hearts had offered £2500 would be a waste of time so it's difficult to believe that happened.

Kaiser1962
14-04-2014, 06:29 AM
Barr was wanting 1800 pw
Hearts offered 2500pw
Barr would be a Hibby.

week......

Not true.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Barr was wanting 1800 pw
Hearts offered 2500pw
Barr would be a Hibby.

week......

:faf: I have heard Pat Stanton has left the club and joined Celtic, but until its on the official website i'm not going to believe it.

Coco Bryce
14-04-2014, 06:58 AM
No because that decision is made by the person who is supposed tae make it, i.e. Petrie, if that turns out wrong it's his fault.

Petrie appoints the manager, if the manager is crap that is Petrie's fault, he appointed him.

If the manager signs a player/s that he wants and they are crap that is the manager's fault, he signed them.

If the manager cannae get the players he wants within the budget because of interference from above and ends up with rubbish he disnae want then that is the fault of the person interfering, no the manager.

If the manager keeps ending up with 4th, 5th and 6th choice players or whatever is left at the end of the transfer windae instead of the ones he wants, he can hardly be blamed for that.

Ach, I just blame RP for everything :greengrin

Beefster
14-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Why was it his call? I thought the manager decided who is signed and how the money is spent within the budget and apparently with nae wage cap either. Isn't that what we're telt?

Whether the player subsequently turns out good or bad is neither here nor there, that would be the manager's fault.

Was Barr over and above the budget? If he wisnae why was it Petrie's call tae make if things are done how we are telt they are?

It's one of those politician answers that Rodders likes to use at AGMs/Q&As etc to get out of a question without answering it. Technically, there isn't a formal wage cap. Given that Rodders negotiates all the contracts though, there doesn't have to be.

I know this 'the manager has a budget and the freedom to use it' line is used as a defence of Rodders' management of the club but it's 100% horse****.

Saorsa
14-04-2014, 07:45 AM
We're notorious for end-of-window signings and you'd have to blame Rod for that as this trait has, more or less, continued under different managers. There's a reason for these players still being available at a late date - they're (usually) gash!Exactly and as I said that disnae seem tae me tae be a strategy any manager (even crap ones), never mind all would use. That tae me is the strategy of someone who wants tae pick up as many players as possible on the cheap whether they're the ones the manager wants or not. The managers have changed, that has hasnae, and we keep ending up in the same place, I wonder why, well actually I dinnae.

It's one of those politician answers that Rodders likes to use at AGMs/Q&As etc to get out of a question without answering it. Technically, there isn't a formal wage cap. Given that Rodders negotiates all the contracts though, there doesn't have to be.

I know this 'the manager has a budget and the freedom to use it' line is used as a defence of Rodders' management of the club but it's 100% horse****.Nae doubting that IMO.

Ach, I just blame RP for everything :greengrinAs far as I'm concerned he is responsible, firstly by appointing poor managers, then because we end up having tae buy the poorest players at the end of the transfer windae.

greenpaper55
14-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Exactly and as I said that disnae seem tae me tae be a strategy any manager, never mind all would use. That tae me is the strategy of someone who wants tae pick up as many players as possible on the cheap whether they're the ones the manager wants or not. The managers have changed, that has hasnae, and we keep ending up in the same place, I wonder why, well actually I dinnae.

Nae doubting that IMO.

Bang on the nail. We keep hearing about RP being a tight wad etc but in truth we will never know what goes on inside the board room at ER or for that matter at most other teams. I mentioned on another thread that fans should have a representative on every teams board, not to reveal transfer fees or players wages but to give fans some feedback on the way the club is run. Football clubs boards need to realise that it is OUR money they are playing with not theirs and there should be no place for a chairman to run a club like a personal fiefdom, they should do well to remember that without our cash year in year out their wee world would be nothing, what is our turnover in a year something like 8 million and we don't even have a say in the quality of the pies we get at ER, something has to change.

Brightside
14-04-2014, 09:12 AM
We surely didnt offer to pay Barr that much!!

hibee_girl
14-04-2014, 09:39 AM
Isn't Lovell a part of the PFA? Not sure if that means he knows anything though! :dunno:

SMAXXA
14-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Isn't Lovell a part of the PFA? Not sure if that means he knows anything though! :dunno:

Yeah he is

TRC
14-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Yeah he is

Is that the post Tony Higgins used to hold?

Twa Cairpets
14-04-2014, 09:59 AM

If he is then his membership should be a tad disgruntled about him discussing the detail of payment for individual players at individual clubs to some random bloke. I'd be fired for doing that.

I don't want to flame anyone for posting the occasional snippet of info, having had the same myself on the odd occasion I've heard something, but it has to be said I hae ma doots about the veracity of the OP.

silverhibee
14-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Are you saying Big Zal was on between £30k-£40kp/w.

mjhibby
14-04-2014, 10:05 AM
All these fans in the know. As it happens I used to have a good source of info from er for many years and believe me many things posted on here are utter nonsense. Many are true but people who are in the know tend to keep it among their own circle. Petrie does keep control of the purse strings and is not mr popular with the players or their spouses but from what I heard it's the managers decision as to how he spends the budget. Calderwood was allowed to get a huge squad assembled that Fenton had to whittle down to manageable level. Hibs are now in a position of needing to rely on guys like Harris and foster and that is where Petrie and the manager needs to get the right experienced players to play with the youngsters. The fact that rankin and wotherspoon are playing well elsewhere shows that they were good signings but for whatever reason it didn't happen for them at er. Some things are petries fault like the late buying of players in the transfer window but who is bought is the manager job. The salary that player gets comes into petries territory. Remember Aberdeen were gash for up to ten years before this season so it's not just hibs who have this problem. People forget utd were in a play off to get relegated a few years back. As McCall has shown at well getting the right manager in is the most important thing at a club but is also the trickiest. The vast majority on here agreed with tbs appointment then why is it still petries fault.hmmm.

silverhibee
14-04-2014, 10:13 AM
If Yogi confirms that then I'll believe it, not going to take Stuart Lovells word for it though. He wasn't there was he?

The Fletcher thing must be nonsense. We all knew he was going.

I'm pretty sure Lovell will know things that are happening in Scottish football through his position with the PFA.

Whether he should be discussing things with a guy in the pub is another thing.

Cropley10
14-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Lovell told you this as well? At what point did Petrie offer £1200. If it was an opening gambit it has no relevance to the higher figures you quote. Offering that after Hearts had offered £2500 would be a waste of time so it's difficult to believe that happened.

TQM - IIRC - posted details about the Barr situation at the time on the PM Board. Yogi knew him from Falkirk.

Instead we pass on Barr and signed someone called Michael Hart.

Barr goes on to score for Hearts in a later Derby, not played in Edinburgh.

Easy to be wise after the event - but Barr was on the fringes of the Scotland squad and was highly rated at the time.

Cropley10
14-04-2014, 11:18 AM
All these fans in the know. As it happens I used to have a good source of info from er for many years and believe me many things posted on here are utter nonsense. Many are true but people who are in the know tend to keep it among their own circle. Petrie does keep control of the purse strings and is not mr popular with the players or their spouses but from what I heard it's the managers decision as to how he spends the budget. Calderwood was allowed to get a huge squad assembled that Fenton had to whittle down to manageable level. Hibs are now in a position of needing to rely on guys like Harris and foster and that is where Petrie and the manager needs to get the right experienced players to play with the youngsters. The fact that rankin and wotherspoon are playing well elsewhere shows that they were good signings but for whatever reason it didn't happen for them at er. Some things are petries fault like the late buying of players in the transfer window but who is bought is the manager job. The salary that player gets comes into petries territory. Remember Aberdeen were gash for up to ten years before this season so it's not just hibs who have this problem. People forget utd were in a play off to get relegated a few years back. As McCall has shown at well getting the right manager in is the most important thing at a club but is also the trickiest. The vast majority on here agreed with tbs appointment then why is it still petries fault.hmmm.

I keep hearing this 'vast majority' thing all the time. Whatever folk might think there are a huge number of Hibees who don't post on Hibs.net.

I think you're conflating two things here - Petrie is being criticised for signing some very poor managers, Calderwood especially and for a signing policy/process that sees boatloads of journeymen come and go, with the odd diamond like Leigh or Deeks a few years earlier, thrown in.

This vast majority phrase is used as some sort of defence when things go mammaries skyward. Hibernian FC is not a democracy where a few hundred Hibs fans have a role in who comes and who goes. We are all optimists generally when it comes to managers or players arriving - but the buck stops with one man I'm afraid when it doesn't work (again).

We have a rotten squad - and that's the fault of Calderwood - who we could have released and got compensation for! And then Pat Fenlon, who had to clear out Calderwood's dross and bring in - largely - his own. The whole process is flawed.

Personally I'm very optimistic about TB & MM. Sadly they've got gaps at a number of positions, no pace, no width and injuries have kicked in now. Say what you like but James Collins is a striker that no defender in this league is scared of, yet he was brought in to try and replace Sparky and into a team that (apparently) doesn't suit his style of play.

Beefster
14-04-2014, 11:22 AM
The vast majority on here agreed with tbs appointment then why is it still petries fault.hmmm.

This type of argument does my nut in. The managerial failures are, at least partly, Rodders' fault because he is the one who makes the decisions. Whether we, as a support, agree with them is neither here nor there. The nature of football supporters would likely mean that the vast majority of us would be welcoming of any new appointment. If Rodders is appointing managers based on what the supporters want then that says something else entirely about his stewardship of the club.

I disagree with you about a Hibs manager having carte blanche to spend a set budget as he sees fit too. I suspect that we'd get down to arguing about semantics if we kept at it though. I know for a fact that Rodders has refused to raise an offer to a player when, as far as the manager was aware, there was more than enough 'room' in the budget allocated for the playing squad.

Thecat23
14-04-2014, 11:41 AM
This type of argument does my nut in. The managerial failures are, at least partly, Rodders' fault because he is the one who makes the decisions. Whether we, as a support, agree with them is neither here nor there. The nature of football supporters would likely mean that the vast majority of us would be welcoming of any new appointment. If Rodders is appointing managers based on what the supporters want then that says something else entirely about his stewardship of the club.

I disagree with you about a Hibs manager having carte blanche to spend a set budget as he sees fit too. I suspect that we'd get down to arguing about semantics if we kept at it though. I know for a fact that Rodders has refused to raise an offer to a player when, as far as the manager was aware, there was more than enough 'room' in the budget allocated for the playing squad.

Spot on.

Saorsa
14-04-2014, 11:45 AM

I disagree with you about a Hibs manager having carte blanche to spend a set budget as he sees fit too. I suspect that we'd get down to arguing about semantics if we kept at it though. I know for a fact that Rodders has refused to raise an offer to a player when, as far as the manager was aware, there was more than enough 'room' in the budget allocated for the playing squad.Totally agree, good post.

Northern Hibby
14-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Why was it his call?

Manager: ok Tache we need 2 players Barr is keen but if we want 2 we need get his price down as I only have x left in my budget.

Tache after negotiations: Got transfer fee down but he wouldn't budge on wages, you can have him but it means we can only have 1.

Manager: ok, we'll go for 2 others

No :dunno:

14-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Are you saying Big Zal was on between £30k-£40kp/w.

No didn't say that. Not all English Premiership players are on those wages. What gets reported are the top earners so everyone just assumes they all earn six figures per week where actually they don't. Lets be honest Big Zal was nothing special, in fact he was a bit of a bomb scare. The Leeds fans just love him :bitchy: especially after Leeds gave him an improved contract thru to end of 14/15 Season and then he had a series of howlers. Now the best he's getting is an appearance as an unused sub.

14-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Lovell will know things that are happening in Scottish football through his position with the PFA.

Whether he should be discussing things with a guy in the pub is another thing.
Agree if hes working for the PFA not appropriate if hes discussing this in the pub:tsk tsk:

silverhibee
14-04-2014, 12:59 PM
No didn't say that. Not all English Premiership players are on those wages. What gets reported are the top earners so everyone just assumes they all earn six figures per week where actually they don't. Lets be honest Big Zal was nothing special, in fact he was a bit of a bomb scare. The Leeds fans just love him :bitchy: especially after Leeds gave him an improved contract thru to end of 14/15 Season and then he had a series of howlers. Now the best he's getting is an appearance as an unused sub.

Yeah i agree on that, the top earners will be making a lot more than £30kp/w, if you are playing in the EPL and not making anything near that amount then it's time to sack your agent, players don't go to clubs in that league and only get £10kp/w.

Just saying likes.

jakeshibs
14-04-2014, 01:23 PM

I agree with you on this, hindsight is a wonderful thing, if we all new the best individuals to get maximum return we would do it so would every club, Mowbray was a gamble but it paid off!!

Finbar
14-04-2014, 01:44 PM
We seem to miss out on a lot of first choice targets. I don't know the reason for this but if it's because Petrie is unable or unwilling to agree a contract that the player is happy with, then it must be very disheartening for the manager.

mjhibby
14-04-2014, 06:17 PM

Funny how I keep hearing it said that there was money available to fianance signings. Sorry but my info is that that is not the case as was shown with Adam Rooney. Whether it was petries or tbs decision to only try and get him on loan depends on who you believe but I think it is naive to blame Petrie for all hibs ills. We have had a succession of uninspiring managers and Mowbray got lucky with our golden generation and to a lesser extent jc. It seems to me we need another great crop of youngsters to come along at the same time or be lucky and get someone like McCall as manager to be successful. I suspect until either happens it will be petries fault in a lot of supporters eyes.

The Modfather
14-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Funny how I keep hearing it said that there was money available to fianance signings. Sorry but my info is that that is not the case as was shown with Adam Rooney. Whether it was petries or tbs decision to only try and get him on loan depends on who you believe but I think it is naive to blame Petrie for all hibs ills. We have had a succession of uninspiring managers and Mowbray got lucky with our golden generation and to a lesser extent jc. It seems to me we need another great crop of youngsters to come along at the same time or be lucky and get someone like McCall as manager to be successful. I suspect until either happens it will be petries fault in a lot of supporters eyes.

So rather than Petrie standing up and leading us out his mess of the last 7 years we are hoping he gets lucky again. What an endorsement, I've now seen the Petrie light...

Saorsa
14-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Funny how I keep hearing it said that there was money available to fianance signings. Sorry but my info is that that is not the case as was shown with Adam Rooney. Whether it was petries or tbs decision to only try and get him on loan depends on who you believe but I think it is naive to blame Petrie for all hibs ills. We have had a succession of uninspiring managers and Mowbray got lucky with our golden generation and to a lesser extent jc. It seems to me we need another great crop of youngsters to come along at the same time or be lucky and get someone like McCall as manager to be successful. I suspect until either happens it will be petries fault in a lot of supporters eyes.Who appointed them?

a) The Fans
b) Petrie
c) Somebody else did it and ran away

Saorsa
14-04-2014, 06:23 PM
So rather than Petrie standing up and leading us out his mess of the last 7 years we are hoping he gets lucky again. What an endorsement, I've now seen the Petrie light...:agree:

Tyler Durden
14-04-2014, 06:36 PM

I could pick out any number of points here to disagree with but 2 will do. Aberdeen have not been gash for 10 years, Jimmy Calderwoods record was actually very good. Dundee Utd were not in a play off a few years back.

Beefster has already pointed out why the argument about fans backing Petrie appointments is entirely irrelevant

mjhibby
14-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I could pick out any number of points here to disagree with but 2 will do. Aberdeen have not been gash for 10 years, Jimmy Calderwoods record was actually very good. Dundee Utd were not in a play off a few years back.

Beefster has already pointed out why the argument about fans backing Petrie appointments is entirely irrelevant

Aberdeen have been outside the top six in 8 of the last 13 seasons and 6th once. Four good seasons out of 13. That sounds gash to me.dundee utd have been out of the top six in 9 of the last 16 seasons and were 11th twice. Hardly great figures either.

Jonnyboy
14-04-2014, 08:50 PM
I keep hearing this 'vast majority' thing all the time. Whatever folk might think there are a huge number of Hibees who don't post on Hibs.net.

I think you're conflating two things here - Petrie is being criticised for signing some very poor managers, Calderwood especially and for a signing policy/process that sees boatloads of journeymen come and go, with the odd diamond like Leigh or Deeks a few years earlier, thrown in.

This vast majority phrase is used as some sort of defence when things go mammaries skyward. Hibernian FC is not a democracy where a few hundred Hibs fans have a role in who comes and who goes. We are all optimists generally when it comes to managers or players arriving - but the buck stops with one man I'm afraid when it doesn't work (again).

We have a rotten squad - and that's the fault of Calderwood - who we could have released and got compensation for! And then Pat Fenlon, who had to clear out Calderwood's dross and bring in - largely - his own. The whole process is flawed.

Personally I'm very optimistic about TB & MM. Sadly they've got gaps at a number of positions, no pace, no width and injuries have kicked in now. Say what you like but James Collins is a striker that no defender in this league is scared of, yet he was brought in to try and replace Sparky and into a team that (apparently) doesn't suit his style of play.

True but the post said the vast majority on here

Doesn't make it right mind :greengrin

Argylehibby
14-04-2014, 10:03 PM

:agree: Webster was exactly the same, Sutton too I believe. Agents probably just told Vlad Hibs were signing their player and they would get a deal at tin castle on way more wages.

Stantons Angel
14-04-2014, 10:06 PM
THEM
He

I really dont know why you bother, by posting this you are making sure no one in the know lets Lovell know anything at all now, they wont trust him any longer and you have just made him and outcast

Torto7062
15-04-2014, 09:27 AM
I really dont know why you bother, by posting this you are making sure no one in the know lets Lovell know anything at all now, they wont trust him any longer and you have just made him and outcast
Could simplify it for you.....

As a fan I'm happy to discuss many Hibs issues.
and if a former player is HAPPY to talk while sober
then maybe he should think about what he says

DH1875
15-04-2014, 01:49 PM

And to be fair. Your telling us stuff that most of us already know :)

Paisley Hibby
15-04-2014, 02:14 PM

That makes a lot of sense to me. Two things I'd add. Firstly it's not true that we only sign players at the last minute in the transfer window. For example, last year we had signed up Liam Craig long before then and the season before he got Clancy and Cairney early on. Those must have been priority targets for Fenlon? And Petrie backed him by getting them?

The second point I'd make is that it may not be money that causes us to miss out on the manager's main targets. The reason may be more to do with players just not fancying coming to Hibs at the moment (and there could be a number of reasons why). That then leads to us raking in the bargain bin just before the window's end for players who will sign for anybody.

Stantons Angel
15-04-2014, 04:07 PM

i think you have missed my point,

I would think its great to speak with a former player on Hibs issues especially if he is willing to tell you "things" but as with what happened

with Griffiths singing songs about Hearts, posting videos and information from players does get them in trouble.

Mon Dieu4
15-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Least he still says nice things about Hibs behind closed doors, on tv he still seems bitter about being dropped for the cup final and never gives us any credit, shame as i really liked him as a player, very under rated