PDA

View Full Version : Petrie at Semi

GlenrothesHibee
13-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Just seen our chairman laughing and joking at the semi final. I'm raging he can even show his face at the moment

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm not his biggest fan, but, what are you looking for? Placed under house arrest?

Col2
13-04-2014, 11:49 AM
Just seen our chairman laughing and joking at the semi final. I'm raging he can even show his face at the moment

Mr Petrie's duties are far wider than Hibs. Remember he doesn't get paid by the club. If i was a betting man (and i only bet when i have a decent tip) Rodders may not be at the club post this summer. He will also be in Brazil for several weeks at World Cup as part of his SFA/SPFL duties. Tough gig.

Lmc2105
13-04-2014, 11:49 AM
I maybe wrong but is he not got some kind of job at the SFA?

13-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Disgrace! How dare he be seen joking in public! Hang him I say!!

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Pathetic thread.

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Laughing and joking with Strachan. ..makes me angry. No wonder we r in the mess we are

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ronaldo7
13-04-2014, 11:53 AM
I maybe wrong but is he not got some kind of job at the SFA?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560

Mikey
13-04-2014, 11:53 AM

He shows his face in Behind The Goals before every home game. Get in there and tell him.

SunshineOnLeith
13-04-2014, 11:55 AM
How dare a man go to a football match! How dare he!

Lmc2105
13-04-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=2560

cheers mate that explains it :wink:

graciehfc
13-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Well I'm down in Grimsby this weekend and I attended yesterday's game against Chester and the match program had a picture of terry who attended there mid week game
The upsetting thing was the blue tartan scarf our manager was wearing could even be official rangers tartan !!!!!

ronaldo7
13-04-2014, 12:03 PM
cheers mate that explains it :wink:

He's a greedy bass though...He's got two jobs with them:greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I think he needs to go but I can't see how there's anything wrong with him going to the semi final, especially since he has a position within the SFA.

Bronson
13-04-2014, 12:05 PM
I honestly don't think he's to blame for our problems right now, he got us the management team we all wanted, he can't make the team play well on the park but he hired the men we all thought would.

Mikey
13-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Maybe he's scouting his next signing :dunno:

mutley
13-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Maybe he is being shown how football should be played ?

Diclonius
13-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Isn't Petrie an Aberdeen fan?

WHUHibs
13-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Isn't Petrie an Aberdeen fan?

He was part of a group of people who owned a nice little crisp business in the North East last year,,not sure that makes him a Aberdeen fan but he did travel their once per month,,, :-)

davym7062
13-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I honestly don't think he's to blame for our problems right now, he got us the management team we all wanted, he can't make the team play well on the park but he hired the men we all thought would.

he could hire jose mourinho but like every manager hes hired tie both hands behind his back. he's the root of the problems at hibs imo

Danderhall Hibs
13-04-2014, 12:21 PM
Maybe he's scouting his next signing :dunno:

He's looking at what he could have won?

Robson, flood, Anderson, Rooney...

Pete
13-04-2014, 12:46 PM
I wonder if he's looking at the faces of the Aberdeen fans. They will have young fans for life after this season.

Two cup competitions with no strong Glasgow clubs in the semi and we are nowhere near it. This probably won't happen very often once Sevco are in the top flight and top six will be even harder to achieve.

If frustrating that this window has been here for the past couple of years and we have went bloody backwards. We can't even win games at home FFS! I'm just so annoyed watching these teams lord it over us who should be scared of facing us because we should be so much better.

Next season is the last chance. He has to stop pissfarting about and really back this man. Its all very well being stable and safe but it means nothing if nobody is interested. If its more of the same penny-pinching he can **** off.

smurf
13-04-2014, 12:50 PM
He only works part time at the club which raises the question who is running our club?

Scorrie
13-04-2014, 12:59 PM
The way he was laughing I thought he had found a fiver under his seat

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2014, 01:00 PM
He only works part time at the club which raises the question who is running our club?

We have an absent owner, and Rod Petrie popping his head through the door a couple of times a week. Its no wonder we are in a mess, we just drift from one problem to another.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2014, 01:01 PM
He was part of a group of people who owned a nice little crisp business in the North East last year,,not sure that makes him a Aberdeen fan but he did travel their once per month,,, :-)

Mackies?

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I wonder if he's looking at the faces of the Aberdeen fans. They will have young fans for life after this season.

Two cup competitions with no Glasgow clubs in the semi and we are nowhere near it. This probably won't happen very often once Sevco are in the top flight and top six will be even harder to achieve.

If frustrating that this window has been here for the past couple of years and we have went bloody backwards. We can't even win games at home FFS! I'm just so annoyed watching these teams lord it over us who should be scared of facing us because we should be so much better.

Next season is the last chance. He has to stop pissfarting about and really back this man. Its all very well being stable and safe but it means nothing if nobody is interested. If its more of the same penny-pinching he can **** off.

I believe we've just got to be patient until the infrastructure is put in place. Oh, wait a minute...!

Diclonius
13-04-2014, 01:07 PM
I believe we've just got to be patient until the infrastructure is put in place. Oh, wait a minute...!

:agree:

What's even funnier is that their infrastructure isn't even in place yet.

147lothian
13-04-2014, 01:14 PM

I can never see us catching up with clubs like st johnstone and m'well with an absent owner who isn't interested in football, and a arrogant chairman like Petrie, Sheridan training with us then going to St Johnstone, McManus the same or at least having a look round then going to m'well, Griffith on loan when we could have bought him for 1.5000 says it all, this wasn't a manager making a bad choice, it was the board

Alan62
13-04-2014, 01:35 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest threads ever on Hibs.net.

Lucius Apuleius
13-04-2014, 01:39 PM
I can never see us catching up with clubs like st johnstone and m'well with an absent owner who isn't interested in football, and a arrogant chairman like Petrie, Sheridan training with us then going to St Johnstone, McManus the same or at least having a look round then going to m'well, Griffith on loan when we could have bought him for 1.5000 says it all, this wasn't a manager making a bad choice, it was the board
Load of keech. We never had the chance of getting Griffiths for that.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Load of keech. We never had the chance of getting Griffiths for that.

Exactly. it was £150k :wink:

The Falcon
13-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Makes you wonder why anybody in their right mind would want to run Hibs, let alone buy the club.

The Falcon
13-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Exactly. it was £150k

Course it was............and James Collins cost £200k as well.:wink:

EH6 Hibby
13-04-2014, 01:46 PM

Some people never miss an opportunity to have a go at Petrie, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Jack
13-04-2014, 01:47 PM
I understand Wotherspoon sent him a couple of his complimentary tickets, Pat Fenlon is getting a comp to watch DW PLAY in a final!

Lucius Apuleius
Exactly. it was £150k :wink:

:na na:

GlenrothesHibee

Keep on burying your head in the sand

Keith_M
13-04-2014, 01:51 PM

Please inform us how Petrie, in his SFA role, being at a Semi-Final, daring to be happy is in any way detrimental to Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
13-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Course it was............and James Collins cost £200k as well.:wink:

Terrible business by the club, paying more for a players who's not as good as one we could have got cheaper. £50k towards the helipad we will never see again.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Why don't you pull your head out of the sand? Open your eyes to the fact that everything that had gone right at Hibs over the past 7 years has been down to Petrie

Greenblood70
13-04-2014, 02:04 PM
We have an absent owner, and Rod Petrie popping his head through the door a couple of times a week. Its no wonder we are in a mess, we just drift from one problem to another.

Spot on IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smurf
13-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Exactly.

nonshinyfinish
13-04-2014, 02:12 PM

:faf:

I think Rod should only be allowed to eat in weeks in which Hibs win.

Mark79
13-04-2014, 02:12 PM
A wee question but if petrie is away to brazil for the world cup who is sanctioning all our big name signings or is it tam mccourt thats in charge or big rods cheque book whilst he is away?

J-C
13-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Spot on G, we need a strong chairman to get this club out of the mess it's in, he and Farmer are both rugby men and the only reason Petrie is here is because STF wanted his investment looked after, so Petrie was installed as a chairman after buying a few shares. If Rod wants to be a big shot at the SFA then he needs to step down and let someone else take the club forward.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 02:18 PM
A wee question but if petrie is away to brazil for the world cup who is sanctioning all our big name signings or is it tam mccourt thats in charge or big rods cheque book whilst he is away?:hilarious

whoever we sign part-time petrie will still be controlling every little detail

Chibs
13-04-2014, 02:22 PM
He was probably being told by someone that according to sickbag all is well and exiting admin. Will happen next week .

Lmc2105
13-04-2014, 02:35 PM
He's a greedy bass though...He's got two jobs with them:greengrin

Aye but his Hibs salary consists of a packet of crisps and a Mars bar :greengrin

Diclonius
13-04-2014, 02:38 PM
Some people never miss an opportunity to have a go at Petrie, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Better that than him being absolved of any blame for seven years of failure.

silverhibee
13-04-2014, 02:46 PM
A wee question but if petrie is away to brazil for the world cup who is sanctioning all our big name signings or is it tam mccourt thats in charge or big rods cheque book whilst he is away?

The manager wants his new players in for day one of pre-season, Rod has plenty of time to get them in before he jets of to Brazil.

jdships
13-04-2014, 03:11 PM

So you are saying a man can't go to a football match ?
Get a life :na na:

jdships
13-04-2014, 03:13 PM

:agree::thumbsup:

Bronson
13-04-2014, 03:14 PM
he could hire jose mourinho but like every manager hes hired tie both hands behind his back. he's the root of the problems at hibs imo

I'm not sure where you get that from, what is it he is doing that causes our problems? So many on here blame the man as 'the root of our problems' but no one specifies what it is exactly they mean by that.

Dashing Bob S
13-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Disgusted to see Petrie at this semi-final when he should be cleaning the showers at East Mains with a toothbrush made from the hairs of his own tache.

Keith_M
13-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Disgusted to see Petrie at this semi-final when he should be cleaning the showers at East Mains with a toothbrush made from the hairs of his own tache.

:agree:

bawheid
13-04-2014, 03:25 PM

What? Laughing and joking?

You're right, it's a disgrace.

Hibercelona
13-04-2014, 03:28 PM
At least his team lost. Maybe now he'll know how it feels for us. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 03:28 PM

Repeat the phrase "Boca aberto." three times during the World Cup and you'll win a prize.

One Day
13-04-2014, 03:32 PM

outrages

Calum68
13-04-2014, 03:33 PM

Agree 100%

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 03:34 PM
He shows his face in Behind The Goals before every home game. Get in there and tell him.

Are we selling virtual tickets these days?

WestEndHibee
13-04-2014, 03:42 PM
He was obviously there to make sure the final venue was moved to Easter Road if saints won. :greengrin

I heard a nasty story that he got a pie at half time, can't give away my sauce though. Surely that money could've been spent at Hibs???

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Erm ...... I don't think RP should be banned from laughing and joking or going to matches coz Hibs are tom kite. It was a very good game I hope he enjoyed it.

Lets hope he was there to check out the excellent Stevie May .......... ha, ha, ha, ha ....... sorry I was forgetting what club I support.

WHUHibs
13-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Why don't you pull your head out of the sand? Open your eyes to the fact that everything that had gone right at Hibs over the past 7 years has been down to Petrie

So in the last 7 years what has gone right?

WHUHibs
13-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Mackies?

Correct Billy,,with another former football club director who play in blue,,Pretty penny was made and they did a good job turning it around. Don't have a problem with other business interests providing someone is at the helm at Hibs full time!

Keith_M
13-04-2014, 04:19 PM

Ehm, built a new training centre, finished the stadium and reduced overall debt; all worthy stuff.

Just need to kick-on on the playing side and we'll be on our way....

:wink:

WHUHibs
13-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Ehm, built a new training centre, finished the stadium and reduced overall debt; all worthy stuff.

Just need to kick-on on the playing side and we'll be on our way....

:wink:

Great thought I had missed something,,,,just the playing side we need to fix after all it's an entertainment :greengrin

Kojock
13-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Erm ...... I don't think RP should be banned from laughing and joking or going to matches coz Hibs are tom kite. It was a very good game I hope he enjoyed it.

Lets hope he was there to check out the excellent Stevie May .......... ha, ha, ha, ha ....... sorry I was forgetting what club I support.

There's no way he's coming to us, along with Boyd he will be playing for the famous (IA) (R) next season. I read it somewhere before you ask for my source. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 04:44 PM

The dirty *******!!! I swear I'll ****ing well do time!

Jones28
13-04-2014, 04:47 PM

Everything off the park. He doesn't set the team out, organise tactics and shape or pick the team. Most people weren't hugely against his managerial appointments either.

Jack
13-04-2014, 04:52 PM

I understand he mostly enjoyed the BOVRIL at half time lol

Pretty Boy
13-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Won't somebody please think off the children.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Everything off the park. He doesn't set the team out, organise tactics and shape or pick the team. Most people weren't hugely against his managerial appointments either.No that pish again. He picked the managers based on his criteria, the fans were privy tae neither the questions asked nor the answers given which made petrie think then able for the job. Collins, Mixu, Hughes were popular appointments with the fans for a different reason and that was because they played here, nothing tae dae with the fans insight in tae their managerial ability. Are the fans tae balme for Deadwood and Fenlon that they knew nothing about or who were never fan favourites at this club? Pertie asked the questions and petrie picked the managers, the failures are his, end of. Is that really the best defence of petrie's managerial appointments and their subsequent failure? Because they were popular with the fans!

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Everything off the park. He doesn't set the team out, organise tactics and shape or pick the team. Most people weren't hugely against his managerial appointments either.

Aye .... but I bet if he worked his erse off building a shiny new factory and filling it full of state of the art equipment he would be a bit miffed if the crisps were so rubbish that nobody wanted to eat them .... and the reason was that they were using rubbish tatties to make the crisps. I bet he would find a way to buy better tatties.

In fact he would be looking to get rid of the Farmer he was using ........... :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Is there any end to people's invention when it comes to new ways to bring up the subject of Rod Petrie. Creativity and imagination are what used to distinguish us from our neighbours.

At least we've still got creativity and imagination.

silverhibee
13-04-2014, 05:14 PM
No that pish again. He picked the managers based on his criteria, the fans were privy tae neither the questions asked nor the answers given which made petrie think then able for the job. Collins, Mixu, Hughes were popular appointments with the fans for a different reason and that was because they played here, nothing tae dae with the fans insight in tae their managerial ability. Are the fans tae balme for Deadwood and Fenlon that they knew nothing about or who were never fan favourites at this club? Pertie asked the questions and petrie picked the managers, the failures are his, end of. Is that really the best defence of petrie's managerial appointments and their subsequent failure? Because they were popular with the fans!

Nah he just does the old stare in to your eyes malarky, many a good manager been picked for jobs with this technique.

Rod Petrie on the appointment of Fenlon.

"I looked in to Pats eyes and saw a winner" :faf:

The_Todd
13-04-2014, 05:23 PM
The Petrie bashes have valid points but their arguments aren't helped with threads like this.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 05:28 PM
No that pish again. He picked the managers based on his criteria, the fans were privy tae neither the questions asked nor the answers given which made petrie think then able for the job. Collins, Mixu, Hughes were popular appointments with the fans for a different reason and that was because they played here, nothing tae dae with the fans insight in tae their managerial ability. Are the fans tae balme for Deadwood and Fenlon that they knew nothing about or who were never fan favourites at this club? Pertie asked the questions and petrie picked the managers, the failures are his, end of. Is that really the best defence of petrie's managerial appointments and their subsequent failure? Because they were popular with the fans!

My personal opinion is that at the time the managers he appointed were decent choices. How many threads did you see on here saying "he's made the wrong choice" or "why did he pick him"?

And since when did clubs consult fans on who they appoint as managers?

Jones28
13-04-2014, 05:29 PM
The Petrie bashes have valid points but their arguments aren't helped with threads like this.

There's no question that there are valid points going against Petrie, but threads like this are petty, pointless and do no good for anyone.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 05:29 PM

:agree: It's pathetic, and its attitudes like these that are making it increasingly hard for me to like football. Little men, that are nothing more than playground clipes running telling tales.

Unfortunately, as we saw with Fenlon, these people become increasingly desperate in their bid to be heard. They question everything that's done, whether they have the capacity, or ability to understand it, until nothing can be done.

weonlywon6-2
13-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Nah he just does the old stare in to your eyes malarky, many a good manager been picked for jobs with this technique.

Rod Petrie on the appointment of Fenlon.

"I looked in to Pats eyes and saw a winner" :faf:

was fenlon not wearing reflective glasses at the time ???

dchibs
13-04-2014, 05:35 PM

Perhaps Petrie is going to do a Romanov and sign us a couple of WC stars for next season.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 05:39 PM
:agree: It's pathetic, and its attitudes like these that are making it increasingly hard for me to like football. Little men, that are nothing more than playground clipes running telling tales.

Unfortunately, as we saw with Fenlon, these people become increasingly desperate in their bid to be heard. They question everything that's done, whether they have the capacity, or ability to understand it, until nothing can be done.

One of the good things about Rods departure will be the disappearance of folks up their own rears.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 05:40 PM
One of the good things about Rods departure will be the disappearance of folks up their own rears.

This

chrisski33
13-04-2014, 05:41 PM

Im raging that anyone can start a silly thread like this!! Going to a semi final and having a laugh at something isnt a crime and has sweet f all to do with our position.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 05:45 PM
My personal opinion is that at the time the managers he appointed were decent choices. How many threads did you see on here saying "he's made the wrong choice" or "why did he pick him"?

And since when did clubs consult fans on who they appoint as managers?They dinnae and that's my point, plenty people on here trot out the line, aye but they were popular with the fans and the fans wanted them as a defence for Petrie picking them so the fans are partly tae blame. Like this one here, one of the stoutest defenders of Petrie.

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jakeshibs http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3965278#post3965278)
RP has appointed and sacked managers at our requests then we blame him for what we the fans wanted

He picked them and he then sacked them tae take the heat off himself mair like, nowt tae dae with the fans.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 05:46 PM

This

Quite funny.

Me being a tit doesn't change the fact that there's a thread complaining about our manager smiling at another game. Petty beyond belief.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 05:48 PM
One of the good things about Rods departure will be the disappearance of folks up their own rears.aye, and some folk are already up theirs.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 05:58 PM

It's what Hearts did.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 06:04 PM
aye, and some folk are already up theirs.

Imagine all the free time you'll have ;)

IWasThere2016
13-04-2014, 06:14 PM
The manager wants his new players in for day one of pre-season, Rod has plenty of time to get them in before he jets of to Brazil.

Fenlon said similar last season!

RP doesn't have a clue how to arrest the fall at Hibs .. a FT Petrie would just create more mess IMHO. He should be signing on...

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Quite funny.

Me being a tit doesn't change the fact that there's a thread complaining about our manager smiling at another game. Petty beyond belief.

Btw For avoidance of doubt I was supporting you view and not suggesting you're a tit ;)

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Btw For avoidance of doubt I was supporting you view and not suggesting you're a tit ;)

Regardless, it has to be said every now and again, just in case I forget. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
13-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Wonder what Rod was laughing at? Did Strachan say "Thank God I didn't apply when you sacked Fenlon" :greengrin

Bronson
13-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Wonder what Rod was laughing at? Did Strachan say "Thank God I didn't apply when you sacked Fenlon" :greengrin

Or when Rod replied 'Sacked? The guy walked, I swear!':greengrin

Saturdays Hero
13-04-2014, 07:48 PM

There's been more than a few.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Quite funny.

I think I've got my lines crossed FR, didn't quite get the meaning of the quoted post!

Jones28
13-04-2014, 08:08 PM
They dinnae and that's my point, plenty people on here trot out the line, aye but they were popular with the fans and the fans wanted them as a defence for Petrie picking them so the fans are partly tae blame. Like this one here, one of the stoutest defenders of Petrie.

http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jakeshibs http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=3965278#post3965278)
RP has appointed and sacked managers at our requests then we blame him for what we the fans wanted

He picked them and he then sacked them tae take the heat off himself mair like, nowt tae dae with the fans.

I think that's part of it DD, but I don't think it was solely to take heat off himself. The fans calling for a managers head is gonna give a chairman the kick up the arse with regards to making a change. I wasn't solely for his own defence.

BroxburnHibee
13-04-2014, 08:11 PM
4 pages? Really?????????

silverhibee
13-04-2014, 08:16 PM
4 pages? Really?????????

This :cb

Cropley10
13-04-2014, 08:30 PM

And since when did clubs consult fans on who they appoint as managers?

Colin Calderwood? And that's where the rot really started.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I think I've got my lines crossed FR, didn't quite get the meaning of the quoted post!

No, it was me that got it wrong. Apologies for the confusion.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Colin Calderwood? And that's where the rot really started.

Would anyone have anticipated the complete failure that was Colin calderwood though?!

Eyrie
13-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Would anyone have anticipated the complete failure that was Colin calderwood though?!

It was clear that he was a complete failure as a manager in the summer, but Petrie wanted to keep him when we could have got compensation, or at least let him leave for another job to let us get in a replacement who cared about our club more than his bag of sweeties.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 10:48 PM
It was clear that he was a complete failure as a manager in the summer, but Petrie wanted to keep him when we could have got compensation, or at least let him leave for another job to let us get in a replacement who cared about our club more than his bag of sweeties.

Agree that he should have been punted when we had the chance and that's definitely a foul up. However at the time of his appointment he wasn't the worst choice.

SunshineOnLeith
13-04-2014, 10:49 PM

Wait, there's still people who believe the 'Griffiths for 150k' nonsense?

Maybe that's what Rod was laughing at!

Sir David Gray
13-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Wait, there's still people who believe the 'Griffiths for 150k' nonsense?

Maybe that's what Rod was laughing at!

I thought it was £140k plus add-ons? :confused:

snooky
14-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Please inform us how Petrie, in his SFA role, being at a Semi-Final, daring to be happy is in any way detrimental to Hibs.

Saw RP smiling from ear to ear right after at the final whistle of the 4-0 semi against the Merricks a few years ago.
He looked to be really hurting :fibber:
Grrrrrrrrrr

Swedish hibee
14-04-2014, 12:39 AM
.. And the point of this thread is....?
No-one at Hibs is allowed to: be in public/smile/joke.

Kaiser1962
14-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Correct Billy,,with another former football club director who play in blue,,Pretty penny was made and they did a good job turning it around. Don't have a problem with other business interests providing someone is at the helm at Hibs full time!

So what exactly is Rod's tie up with Mackie's?

Kaiser1962
14-04-2014, 06:44 AM

They'll still be here letting us know how bad things are and how to make it all better. No matter what we do.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2014, 06:49 AM
They'll still be here letting us know how bad things are and how to make it all better. No matter what we do.

Or praising the new man for taking an interest, driving the club forward and leading us to improvement on the park.

Or is that not an option these days, and we should just keep quiet and accept our lot, and be thankful STF saved us nearly 25 years ago and blessed us with the appointment of Mr Petrie?

Hibbyradge
14-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Saw RP smiling from ear to ear right after at the final whistle of the 4-0 semi against the Merricks a few years ago.
He looked to be really hurting :fibber:
Grrrrrrrrrr

The saddest day of my life was the day I buried my mum.

At times that day you would have seen a smile on my face. No doubt, you may have seen me laughing.

I was hurting, and badly.

silverhibee
14-04-2014, 11:17 AM
I thought it was £140k plus add-ons? :confused:

It would be interesting to know what kind of bids Petrie put in to Wolves to get Griffiths.

Saorsa
14-04-2014, 11:41 AM
They'll still be here letting us know how bad things are and how to make it all better. No matter what we do.Aye, whatever. Like I said some people appear already tae be up their ain.

Or praising the new man for taking an interest, driving the club forward and leading us to improvement on the park.correct

Or is that not an option these days, and we should just keep quiet and accept our lot, and be thankful STF saved us nearly 25 years ago and blessed us with the appointment of Mr Petrie?It would seem so according tae some.

Billy Whizz
14-04-2014, 11:42 AM
It would be interesting to know what kind of bids Petrie put in to Wolves to get Griffiths.

I agree, and exactly how much James Collins cost

Keith_M
14-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get Yogi back?

:greengrin

greenpaper55
14-04-2014, 12:14 PM
The last time Petrie was near a semi was when TB told him the most he had ever spent on a player was 5K !.

Diclonius
14-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Fenlon said similar last season!

Yeah but apparently transfer dealings are 100% the manager's decision and Fenlon was a crap manager and everything was his fault. Apparently. So because Butcher's a good manager we'll definitely get all our signings in early. Not Rod's fault at all. :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
14-04-2014, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know how much it would cost to get Yogi back?

:greengrin

The last remnants of my sanity.

Wibble.

Ronniekirk
14-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I agree, and exactly how much James Collins cost
It's all water under the bridge . Better focusing on getting yourself back to Paisley to support what ever team T B puts out as they they need our backing .if we can get ourselves mathematically free from play offs then we can use all that money saved on the Leigh bid for next season :wink:

Kaiser1962
14-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Or praising the new man for taking an interest, driving the club forward and leading us to improvement on the park.

Or is that not an option these days, and we should just keep quiet and accept our lot, and be thankful STF saved us nearly 25 years ago and blessed us with the appointment of Mr Petrie?

It is an option but where are they? All on this board? While STF is here so is Petrie, its nothing to do with being thankful or anything else. His cash his show. Folk can bleat and whinge all they want and they can choose not to go but that would serve no purpose (that would benefit Hibs) whatsoever. If there's anyone out there willing to risk their own cash to back their decisions and benefit the club then let them step forward and they will have my support.

Are we sheite? Yes we are. Do we all know this? Yes we do.

But please just let Butcher and his team get on with job he was brought in to do.