PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Geo_1875
12-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Why do they perpetuate the myth that Rangers didn't die? Apparently The Rangers have been jinxed in cup competitions in recent years. I think reaching the Ramsden's final and a Scottish Cup semi in their first 2 years of existence is a decent achievement.

Saorsa
12-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Why do they perpetuate the myth that Rangers didn't die? Apparently The Rangers have been jinxed in cup competitions in recent years. I think reaching the Ramsden's final and a Scottish Cup semi in their first 2 years of existence is a decent achievement.You read it everywhere though, including the Hibs site. We ken though and must never let them forget. They are THE rongers with nae history :agree:

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Why do they perpetuate the myth that Rangers didn't die? Apparently The Rangers have been jinxed in cup competitions in recent years. I think reaching the Ramsden's final and a Scottish Cup semi in their first 2 years of existence is a decent achievement.

Glad it's not just me that gets totally fed up with the media's constant refusal to accept that the Rangers playing now and the Rangers pre-2012 are not the same club.

Really does my head in whenever I hear them talk about how Rangers have a particularly great record against a certain team over the past 35 years etc.

In a way, there's a small part of me that would have liked them to win the Scottish Cup this year for no other reason than to hear the Scottish media try to explain why they wouldn't then go on to represent Scotland in Europe next season.

The old Rangers went into liquidation. They therefore ceased to exist.

The fact that this new club we have now has decided to also call itself Rangers, play at Ibrox, play in the same strip and have the same manager as the previous club is completely irrelevant.

They are not, and never will be, a continuation of the previous club.

Stax
12-04-2014, 10:08 PM
:agree: Commentators on sky also saying last time they were knocked out a semi final was against us. They were correct. Newco however have been papped out twice in their existance by Dundee utd at differing stages of the competition.

brog
12-04-2014, 10:35 PM
The one thing that hasn't changed is both clubs have a vile support!

joe breezy
12-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Do the 40000 bigots that support the team in the same strip and sing the same pishy songs care? Do Airdrie fans feel that they are supporting a totally different club to the one they supported in 1985? For Airdrie the difference us more real since they moved from Broomfield but if Hibs business went bust and there remained a team in the same strip with the same name what would it matter about the mechanisms if the business? A football club as far as fans are concerned is the fans not the business structure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr White
12-04-2014, 10:42 PM
The one thing that hasn't changed is both clubs have a vile support!

I nearly had a whoooosh moment there by asking what's ever been vile about utd's support :greengrin I've clearly been brainwashed by the bbc...

joe breezy
12-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Do the 40000 bigots that support the team in the same strip and sing the same pishy songs care? Do Airdrie fans feel that they are supporting a totally different club to the one they supported in 1985? For Airdrie the difference us more real since they moved from Broomfield but if Hibs business went bust and there remained a team in the same strip with the same name what would it matter about the mechanisms if the business? A football club as far as fans are concerned is the fans not the business structure.

I still support the OPs statement btw - just I do think that really ti the fans it doesn't matter that much eg Portsmouth and others

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 10:48 PM

I understand all of that.

However the media should not try to pretend that everything's the same and that the club (whoever that may be) is the same as the club that existed prior to liquidation taking place.

joe breezy
12-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I understand all of that.

However the media should not try to pretend that everything's the same and that the club (whoever that may be) is the same as the club that existed prior to liquidation taking place.

I agree completely - the media when they have stated the truth have been bullied by intimidation abd it is pretty shocking what they've fit away with - fat Sally at the helm as well issuing threats

joe breezy
12-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Forgive my spelling

SunshineOnLeith
12-04-2014, 10:59 PM
They've got the second biggest support in the country, a significant proportion of whom wouldn't think twice of sending death threats, threatening the families of anyone who dares to point out on TV/radio that RFC died, so you can't really blame broadcasters. The class of people who support them aside, it doesn't make commercial sense to alienate such a large section of your potential audience.

I'm more interested in what approach official matchday programs take towards them, Hearts for example next season, given the strength of feeling among the fans of all other clubs.

joe breezy
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM
They've got the second biggest support in the country, a significant proportion of whom wouldn't think twice of sending death threats, threatening the families of anyone who dares to point out on TV/radio that RFC died, so you can't really blame broadcasters. The class of people who support them aside, it doesn't make commercial sense to alienate such a large section of your potential audience.

I'm more interested in what approach official matchday programs take towards them, Hearts for example next season, given the strength of feeling among the fans of all other clubs.

Hearts will probably be in the same boat by next season.

Goodness knows what league The Hearts (or whatever they're new name will be) will be playing in

The_Exile
12-04-2014, 11:05 PM
When all's said and done though, who really gives a ****? Personally, I'm looking forward to watching them struggle big time next year, and they will struggle.

Deansy
12-04-2014, 11:33 PM
I agree completely - the media when they have stated the truth have been bullied by intimidation abd it is pretty shocking what they've fit away with - fat Sally at the helm as well issuing threats

THAT'S what boils ma urine - these **** have got away with a lot of things and it's basically down to thuggery, with little sign of our Police doing anything !

MGmick
13-04-2014, 12:47 AM
Ultimately, the or no the, they are a minor team from a city that wants to blow itself up to celebrate a glorified school sports day.

W T F cares about them?

Cropley10
13-04-2014, 07:44 AM
And what about the statement, "The Rangers don't give interviews to the BBC"?

But the BBC fawn over them like there's no tomorrow.

clerriehibs
13-04-2014, 08:10 AM

This. If Hibs went bust, and a new "business entity" was created for the fans to follow, I'd follow that, I'd be supporting Hibs, all previous achievements would be part of the same ongoing history, and I wouldn't give a **** what any yam said to the contrary (that's stretching the scenario a tad, as they may not be around).

I fully support the op as a wind up of whoever it's happened to, tho.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 08:20 AM

I think both Middlesbrough and Chelsea are Newcos.

It really is amazing how the BBC have tried their hardest to pretend nothing has happened. The real story is surely that a third tier team was 90 minutes from the Scottish Cup Final.

Yet, they talk about the Huns the same way they always have. At the moment, they truly are a nothing team, with potential.

After all that's happened though, they should maybe be asking, can this progress continue. Can they find the cash to buy a squad to challenge Celtic. Or will they rely on dodgy decisions, a subservient media, and cowardly clubs to regain their dominance?

number9dream
13-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Wait a minute, if Rangers refuse to speak to the BBC it hardly suggests the broadcaster is "fawning" over them, does it? The beeb did them a favour when they first exposed C Whyte (that led to protests outside the BBC - I don't see any of those guys apologising now), the beeb went to town on the EBT tax avoidance, although a couple of Masonic judges sorted that out... Ahem. Fat Sally went nuts when the beeb did the Mad Men parody, although he's probably never seen Don Draper. Jim Spence was then targeted by the Ibrox bully boys - who are so quick to take offence. I'm sure the Sport website was given a ticking off from the beeb's own watchdog for giving the Gers a hard time.
Maybe the beeb are trying to curry favour in time for them being back in the top flight. That might be why Richard Wilson has been brought in but then Tom English is just as likely to get them all upset again...

On a slightly different point, all media appear to have been expertly manipulated by Dave King and print every word of his never ending statements and counter statements as he tries to muscle in at Ibrox.

StevieC
13-04-2014, 09:08 AM
I watched the semifinal highlights on Sportscene last night and my first query, before a ball was even kicked, was how they were allowed to narrow the pitch when it was meant to be a "neutral" venue?

grunt
13-04-2014, 09:13 AM
No discussion about the apparently narrowed pitch, no discussion on the push by Moshni or the kick by Black.
It was a bit amusing that Black's quickly taken free kick -straight to a D Utd player, led straight to their third goal.

Leith Green
13-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Cannae help but think people need to let go of this, and the constant obsession with Hearts.. At the end of the day they cheated and were subsequently liquidated, Hearts may go the same way.. Big deal, we are deep in the mire ourselves and should be focusing on our own situation rather than using the hearts and rangers as some sort of comfort zone...

to be honest, who gives a flying one what some commentator or presenter waffles on about Rangers at the end of the day they have the same name, stadium, fans, strip as before .. Time to get over it and maybe look at our own inadequencies

emerald green
13-04-2014, 09:44 AM
As far as the media generally in this country is concerned - BBC, STV, Daily Ranger, etc - nothing regarding Rangers/The Rangers/Sevco/whatever has changed, and it never will.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Cannae help but think people need to let go of this, and the constant obsession with Hearts.. At the end of the day they cheated and were subsequently liquidated, Hearts may go the same way.. Big deal, we are deep in the mire ourselves and should be focusing on our own situation rather than using the hearts and rangers as some sort of comfort zone...

to be honest, who gives a flying one what some commentator or presenter waffles on about Rangers at the end of the day they have the same name, stadium, fans, strip as before .. Time to get over it and maybe look at our own inadequenciesIf you're no interested you dinnae have tae join in, simple really. It's no for you tae decide what other people discuss or dinnae discuss

Onion
13-04-2014, 09:55 AM

to be honest, who gives a flying one what some commentator or presenter waffles on about Rangers at the end of the day they have the same name, stadium, fans, strip as before .. Time to get over it and maybe look at our own inadequencies

Agree there is little anyone can do to stop the media pretending that Rangers are just the same as before. No amount of moaning is going to change that. But, as DUFC fans did so well yesterday, there's nothing to stop opposition fans reminding Sevco who they are :greengrin

As for moving on.... would also agree if this was done and dusted, but the Hearts circus has a long way to run yet. It is one of the most interesting stories in football at the moment and an obvious topic of discussion. In many ways it is much more interesting than stuff that's going on at Hibs. That might change in the summer if TB starts making changes, but until then Hearts demise and The Rangers troubles are compelling.

Diclonius
13-04-2014, 09:56 AM
Didn't we go bust and start up as a new company in the late 19th century? In that case, using the logic of many on here, why do we always say we started in 1875 when we clearly didn't?

Have to be honest here, I hate Rangers as much as the next man but all this moral outrage at the whole "why do they call them Rangers when they're a new club?!" thing is tiresome. Plenty clubs go bust and transfer their assets to a new company - legally they're the same institution.

I'd rather focus on hating Rangers for what they actually are - a bigoted, shameless, corrupt and jingoistic organisation - rather than what year they did or didn't start.

kev1875
13-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Didn't we go bust and start up as a new company in the late 19th century?

No

grunt
13-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Plenty clubs go bust and transfer their assets to a new company - legally they're the same institution.
Legally, they're not the same.

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Didn't we go bust and start up as a new company in the late 19th century? In that case, using the logic of many on here, why do we always say we started in 1875 when we clearly didn't?

Have to be honest here, I hate Rangers as much as the next man but all this moral outrage at the whole "why do they call them Rangers when they're a new club?!" thing is tiresome. Plenty clubs go bust and transfer their assets to a new company - legally they're the same institution.

I'd rather focus on hating Rangers for what they actually are - a bigoted, shameless, corrupt and jingoistic organisation - rather than what year they did or didn't start.Hibernian FC wisnae incorporated until 1903, we've never liquidated since then under that name. There is nae legal reason we cannae claim the history before that. Rongers FC were liquidated and are now part of the history books. A different club now exists, THE Rongers.

They can claim tae be that which they are not and their pals in the media can dae the same, everybody else kens different and it'll always be enjoyable tae remind them.

SaulGoodman
13-04-2014, 10:36 AM

Yawn

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 10:40 AM

Sigh.

yes, it's high time somebody mentioned this.

NOLA
13-04-2014, 11:59 AM

I noticed that before the raith game, why don't they do bbc interviews?

GlenrothesHibee
13-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I noticed that before the raith game, why don't they do bbc interviews?

I think it was something to do with the documentary the beeb did during the administration/liquidation saga

hibbymick
13-04-2014, 12:35 PM
I see Alan Preston is on the panel today.......has someone stolen his neck :dunno:

Leith Green
13-04-2014, 02:24 PM
If you're no interested you dinnae have tae join in, simple really. It's no for you tae decide what other people discuss or dinnae discuss

Or if my opinion is different then i voice it? Not really for you to decide though ...

Aldo
13-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Cannae help but think people need to let go of this, and the constant obsession with Hearts.. At the end of the day they cheated and were subsequently liquidated, Hearts may go the same way.. Big deal, we are deep in the mire ourselves and should be focusing on our own situation rather than using the hearts and rangers as some sort of comfort zone... to be honest, who gives a flying one what some commentator or presenter waffles on about Rangers at the end of the day they have the same name, stadium, fans, strip as before .. Time to get over it and maybe look at our own inadequencies

Why should we stop going on about it. It's a forum and will get talked about. Wait until they are liquidated. You'd better stay off of here cos that's all we will go on about.

Happy to talk about their demise and how they've cheated to get where they got and now they are paying for it.

Pleasing indeed

Saorsa
13-04-2014, 02:47 PM
Or if my opinion is different then i voice it? Not really for you to decide though ...You're the one telling people what they should or shouldnae be discussing on here. It's no your place tae tell other people what they can or should be discussing, you have the choice no tae join in and no tae read it if it disnae interest you. Other people have the choice tae post/discuss what they like whether you like it or no.

I'll be discussing any subject of my choosing (including THE rongers or h****s) and I winnae be running it by you first tae see if the topic is suitable.

TheFamous1875
13-04-2014, 02:53 PM
You're the one telling people what they should or shouldnae be discussing on here, it's none of your business what other people choose tae discuss, you have the choice no tae join in and no tae read it if it disnae interest you. Other people have the choice tae post/discuss what they like whether you like it or no.

I'll be discussing any subject of my choosing (including THE rongers or h****s) and I winnae be running it by you first tae see if the topic is suitable.

Regardless of what's being discussed or stated, exactly this should always be remembered. No one is of divinity on a public message board to arbitrate what is discussed or opined.

People really need to remember that they are no more entitled than anyone else to state their opinions or disregard others. We're all equal. Far too much disparaging and not enough constructive discussion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leith Green
13-04-2014, 03:16 PM
You're the one telling people what they should or shouldnae be discussing on here. It's no your place tae tell other people what they can or should be discussing, you have the choice no tae join in and no tae read it if it disnae interest you. Other people have the choice tae post/discuss what they like whether you like it or no.

Read my post and tell me where i tell folk what they can or cannot discuss? I am voicing my opinion that I feel that folk generally need to let go of it the whole scenario. Two completley different things,you on the other hand are giving me stick for voicing my opinion. You have basically contradicted yourself here

JimBHibees
13-04-2014, 03:30 PM
I watched the semifinal highlights on Sportscene last night and my first query, before a ball was even kicked, was how they were allowed to narrow the pitch when it was meant to be a "neutral" venue?

Is that true? That is absolutely disgusting if that is the case and shows who really runs the game.

Hibby70
13-04-2014, 03:33 PM
I see Alan Preston is on the panel today.......has someone stolen his neck :dunno:

No he ate it.

Leith Green
13-04-2014, 03:36 PM
Just wish some people would put supporting our club before hating other clubs, it can be quite cringey at times...

For all the folk banging on about how Rangers are talked about in the media, do you hear Middlesboro being talked about as a different club from the one pre liquidation 1986? Or when watching Italian Football Fiorentina arent talked about as a different club?? I bet there arent folk banging on about it either, its pathetic and makes us look really small time and bitter..

and for the record i hate Hearts and Rangers as much as anyone..

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Just wish some people would put supporting our club before hating other clubs, it can be quite cringey at times...

For all the folk banging on about how Rangers are talked about in the media, do you hear Middlesboro being talked about as a different club from the one pre liquidation 1986? Or when watching Italian Football Fiorentina arent talked about as a different club?? I bet there arent folk banging on about it either, its pathetic and makes us look really small time and bitter..

and for the record i hate Hearts and Rangers as much as anyone..

Hmmm but as the Monkees sang "when love comes knocking on your door..." It's a different kettle of haddock.

Killiehibbie
13-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Read my post and tell me where i tell folk what they can or cannot discuss? I am voicing my opinion that I feel that folk generally need to let go of it the whole scenario. Two completley different things,you on the other hand are giving me stick for voicing my opinion. You have basically contradicted yourself hereWhy should we ever let them forget how they cheated and robbed for years. I'm sure the Hillsborough campaigners were told to let it go for 20 odd years.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2014, 04:43 PM

Dundee Utd were rightly annoyed at the refusal of the G .... sorry S .. FA to move the semi to a neutral venue. If The Rangers changed the dimensions of the pitch for this game without the permission of Dundee Utd or indeed the SFA then the SFA must punish them because its cheating, pure and simple. Proof if it were needed that this may well be the same club.

As has been stated earlier you cannot stop fans believing that they support the same club as before and in reality its not an unrealistic stance. I'm sure we would do just the same ..... I firmly believe that the fans of any club are its soul ( no matter how manky or stained that soul is ) and no amount of legal argument can change that.

But ....... As far as it goes, in the eyes of the SPFL, SFA, UEFA and FIFA this is a new club and in view of that it has no right to lay claim in its literature or merchandise to the on field success or accumulated honours of the former Rangers FC. At the time the now defunct RFC put five stars on its strip it was stated by the club that it was one star for each of their ten league titles.

The question footballs governing bodies should be asking is ..... what do the stars now represent? If it is to lay claim to these league titles they should be made to remove them.

Leith Green
13-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Why should we ever let them forget how they cheated and robbed for years. I'm sure the Hillsborough campaigners were told to let it go for 20 odd years.

Wow, what a staggering comparrison to make... Are you being serious?

oldbutdim
13-04-2014, 05:19 PM

Is that true? That is absolutely disgusting if that is the case and shows who really runs the game.

It may be true that StevieC watched the highlights, but it's not true that the pitch was narrowed.
I think that was a Souness trick many moons ago for euro games.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 05:22 PM

No he ate it.

No, he was told to wind it in.

It's usually about this point in the thread that somebody brings Petrie into it. Well, let me say this, he's one to talk about missing necks. In fact he makes Biscuits look like Naomi Campbell. The *******!!!

We once had a club where our chairmen could compare necks with the top football man in Europe. At one time our shirt and tie policy was so famous that it has been quoted in the coaching manual for Brazillian chairmen.

Now our chairman doesn't have a neck worth mentioning, and thousands of fans stay away as they cannot face the embarrassment any further.

Its a shocking situation, especially as Mr Romanov never appeared without a shirt and tie. UNLESS he wanted to demonstrate his clubs progressiveness with the jaunty open necked look, and a scarf thrown over his shoulders in a devil may care manner.

Petrie I ****ing hate you!!!!!

H18Y GW
13-04-2014, 05:25 PM

The second biggest as in attendance you mean, not that it matters but I'd lay odds there more of that horrible lot than most of the other teams put together ..

Hate them and there 2 year history

ancient hibee
13-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Why should we ever let them forget how they cheated and robbed for years. I'm sure the Hillsborough campaigners were told to let it go for 20 odd years.

Astonishing.

Killiehibbie
13-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Wow, what a staggering comparrison to make... Are you being serious?
Cover ups, criminal acts and lies. Why should the huns be allowed to forget that they ceased to exist.

Phil D. Rolls
13-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Cover ups, criminal acts and lies. Why should the huns be allowed to forget that they ceased to exist.

Emmm....if they were allowed to forget, the fact that nobody died might count to make their crime less serious?

Leith Green
13-04-2014, 07:43 PM

I just dont get how you can draw a comparison between not letting a football club who were liquidated forget their wrong doings with families seeking justice for a major tragedy resulting in 96 deaths,.. Im sure you didnt mean to cos offence but Pretty strange comparison to be making ..

scuttle
13-04-2014, 07:51 PM

Should change his name from biscuits to beads, as he"s necklace

Aldo
13-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Should change his name from biscuits to beads, as he"s necklace

Nah that's too nice. Should stick to his normal name

Complete and utter ****ing deluded yam roaster and prick!!

jdships
13-04-2014, 08:11 PM
In terms pf "Sportscene" what exactly does Preston " bring to the table " ?
Thought he was struggling today to say something original :rolleyes:

Cropley10
13-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Really?

Cropley10
13-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I noticed there was a huge strip of astro at Ibrox yesterday, down the Main Stand touch line. So it's unlikely they narrowed it as if it was wider before then part of the wider pitch would have been astro :dunno:

Pretty sure the rules are you can't change your pitch mid-season. Looks like The Rangers now prefer a narrow pitch for their brand of Hoofball.

The Keeper
13-04-2014, 08:23 PM

LOL:flag:

scuttle
13-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Nah that's too nice. Should stick to his normal name

Complete and utter ****ing deluded yam roaster and prick!!

Fair shout

Aldo
13-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Fair shout

Forgot to add GRADE 'A' FUD!!

Northern Hibby
14-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Said it before if we suffered the same fate but were reborn Same colours, same ground same support we'd still be Hibernian, The Hibees, Hibs and wouldn't care what the media called us, I think the honest Rangers fans (I know not many of them) have suffered enough (Tin Hat) I know they bought into all the Murray stuff when things were good, as did the Yams under Vlad, but hindsight thing is wonderful thing we all want Petrie to splash the cash if(really big if) he did and we started wining things would we say "calm doon Tache yer being a bit free with Hibs Cash These days’, is that debt sustainable, that league & Scottish cup double will be no comfort when we cannie pay wages"

Nailrod
14-04-2014, 03:16 PM
The question footballs governing bodies should be asking is ..... what do the stars now represent?I think it might be a chocolate starfish for each cup pumping that McMoist and his "young colts" have endured in their two year existence.

Although it could be two pumpings per starfish. With all these pumpings, I've kind of lost count by now.