PDA

View Full Version : Crazy to think it will be a year ago tomorrow since that crazy semi-final vs Falkirk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Can't believe it's a year ago already. What a game that was! Me and my Dad were gonna leave at HT and I told him to stay for the first 15mins of the second half. Just aswell we did! For anyone who wants to watch that crazy game all over again here it is - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQs_w6bCZls

Thank you for that day Hibs. Also, thank you Doyle for the equaliser and Leigh for scoring that peach to win it! Don't think I have ever went as mental in my life over a goal other than when they two goals when in! :greengrin

:flag:

California-Hibs
12-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Can't believe it's a year ago already. What a game that was! Me and my Dad were gonna leave at HT and I told him to stay for the first 15mins of the second half. Just aswell we did! For anyone who wants to watch that crazy game all over again here it is - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DQs_w6bCZls

Thank you for that day Hibs. Also, thank you Doyle for the equaliser and Leigh for scoring that peach to win it! Don't think I have ever went as mental in my life over a goal other than when they two goals when in! :greengrin

I'll remember that game forever, it was simply incredible!

iwasthere1972
12-04-2014, 04:58 PM
My nephew's first time at Hampden and he left at half time. He arrived home at his flat in Edinburgh just in time to see the winning goal. :greengrin

Sanger
12-04-2014, 05:06 PM
My nephew's first time at Hampden and he left at half time. He arrived home at his flat in Edinburgh just in time to see the winning goal. :greengrin

What we give to have Doyle and Leigh upfront now?

weonlywon6-2
12-04-2014, 05:06 PM
had a ticket but was il so had to give it away,watched with my dad and brother,daughter who was at the game text me at half time and said we would win 4-3, yeah right !

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 05:11 PM
One of the craziest days I have ever had as a Hibs fan.

I would never do it but I was sorely tempted to leave at half time as I was so disgusted with how we had played in the first half.

The second half was unreal and Griffiths' winner was an unbelievable moment. I felt like I would explode when that ball hit the net.

GlenrothesHibee
12-04-2014, 05:15 PM
My 5 year old's first trip to Hampden. Only stayed at HT because of her. Im still emotionally drained from that match

Speedy
12-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I can't believe it was only a year ago, feels like longer.

Paperboy
12-04-2014, 06:03 PM
One of the worst first halves I've had the misfortune of seeing. Everything else after that was class!

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 06:05 PM
One of the worst first halves I've had the misfortune of seeing. Everything else after that was class!

Could have been even worse as well.

Lyle Taylor had his shot saved by Ben Williams when he was one-on-one with him just before half time and that would have put us 4-0 down.

portyhibernian
12-04-2014, 06:05 PM
What a second half that was, brilliant hit by Griffiths to win it. Doyle's shinner into the bottom corner will live long in the memory too, turned out to be a great day.

GreenLake
12-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Good video

Diclonius
12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Best Hibs game I've ever been to. That game had everything. Don't think I've ever celebrated a goal as much as Doyle's too.

Twiglet
12-04-2014, 06:42 PM
My favourite Hibs game (wasn't at the 2007 final).
At half time I sat down and prayed. My cousin looked at me worried asking if everything was ok. Nodded and felt incredibly calm knowing everything was ok.

Celebrated like mad when Doyle scored. Place erupted. I could barely celebrate Griffith's winner as all my energy was gone. Hugged the bloke behind me, high fived his wee girl and leaned on my wee cousin for support.

Cheered at full-time and we bolted down to Asda just getting in before the doors were shut and heading to the .net bus to go home. Slept well that night.

Emotional rollercoaster, but very soon after I loved it and is definitely my favourite game to have attended.

hibee_girl
12-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Can't believe it's been a year already, what a day that was!

My grandad was fully confident at half time that we would win 4-3, I wasn't! :greengrin

Newhaven
12-04-2014, 07:03 PM
And look at the state of us now.

Mr White
12-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I could barely celebrate Griffith's winner as all my energy was gone. Hugged the bloke behind me, high fived his wee girl and leaned on my wee cousin for support.

Brilliant :thumbsup:

Frazerbob
12-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Not my finest hour I have to admit. Left at half time and went to the pub behind Hampden which was heaving with Hibs fans. One by one my mates started to arrive and we decided to get blootered. Rounds of double voddies and Jager chasers for the rest of the game. The pub went bananas when we equalised then even more mental when we scored the 4th. The rest of my mates awho stayed til the end started to arrive and more bevvies started flowing. It was brilliant in the pub....not as good as the stadium granted but still one of my best Hibs experiences.

Went for a few more bevvies in Glasgow before necking a bottle of vodka on the train home before we reached Dundee. After Dundee, no recollections at all. Apparently my mate had to call my wife to pick me up from Aberdeen station and she had sneak me into the house without the neighbours or the wee man seeing me and put me to bed.....all before 8pm.

Two valuable lessons learnt that day......I can't drink like I used to and don't leave the game early!

HappyAsHellas
12-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Three old guys came along to stand behind us ( we were in the back row ) and slagged the team off for the whole of the 2nd half. Non stop abuse at how sh$te were Man city if they used McGivern, how crap and slow and useless everyone was. They moaned so much I dont think they realised it was 3 - 3 at that time. Had the audacity to start singing glory glory at the end, hugging each other and high fives all round. I think they post on here quite a lot............:rolleyes:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Three old guys came along to stand behind us ( we were in the back row ) and slagged the team off for the whole of the 2nd half. Non stop abuse at how sh$te were Man city if they used McGivern, how crap and slow and useless everyone was. They moaned so much I dont think they realised it was 3 - 3 at that time. Had the audacity to start singing glory glory at the end, hugging each other and high fives all round. I think they post on here quite a lot............:rolleyes:

Name and shame:greengrin

LancashireHibby
12-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Seems such a long, long time ago. We had our coats picked up and were ready to go when Taylor had that chance to make it 4-0. Glad we stayed, ended up having a right party on the train home.

Bronson
12-04-2014, 08:07 PM
I still f*****g love that Doyle goal, feel like hugging anyone in sight just watching the video:panic:

SteveHFC
12-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Name and shame:greengrin

Jonnyboy and Mikey :greengrin

SteveHFC
12-04-2014, 08:16 PM
I still f*****g love that Doyle goal, feel like hugging anyone in sight just watching the video:panic:

I ended up hugging two old men when Doyle scored ;-)

Niffy
12-04-2014, 08:18 PM
One of the very few games that I just knew after the 2nd we were going to win it.
Just almost every other game is the opposite feeling.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Jonnyboy and Mikey :greengrin

I thought they were young guys:greengrin

Northernhibee
12-04-2014, 08:58 PM
That Eoin Doyle goal is quite possibly my favourite Hibs goal of all time. You kind of knew that Leigh's thunderbolt was coming but it would have been totally, totally Hibs to come back to 3-2 and fall just short. Amazing stuff, my old man is normally totally reserved (he's 70) but was jumping about, hugging strangers, fantastic stuff. At the end singing Sunshine on Leith together, one of my favourite days as a Hibs fan. Amazing stuff.

OsloHibs
12-04-2014, 10:16 PM
I was watching online and the laptop has ever been so close to be thrown against the wall.. When that 3rd goal went in- it went crazy, and then Leigh's goal.. Oh-my-gosh I have never screamed so loud in my life! I was buzzing at work that night. Will never forget that game ever (nor will my housemates!!)

hibs4thecup1988
12-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Could have been even worse as well.

Lyle Taylor had his shot saved by Ben Williams when he was one-on-one with him just before half time and that would have put us 4-0 down.

It was at the start of the second half wasn't it? They also had one ruled out didn't they?

Worse 47 minutes of watching Hibernian. However, everything that happened after that was magical.

Thinking of the final, why can't we ever just have a fully fit, fully happy starting 11 and subs in a final?

Gutted not to be there this year :boo hoo:

Pete
12-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Missed a penalty as well.

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 10:32 PM
It was at the start of the second half wasn't it? They also had one ruled out didn't they?

Worse 47 minutes of watching Hibernian. However, everything that happened after that was magical.

Thinking of the final, why can't we ever just have a fully fit, fully happy starting 11 and subs in a final?

Nah it was up our end and Falkirk were attacking our end in the first half.

It was pretty much the last kick of the first half as I think the referee blew his whistle a few moments later.

Can't remember them having a goal ruled out.

Are you sure we're talking about the same game!? :greengrin

LancashireHibby
12-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Nah it was up our end and Falkirk were attacking our end in the first half.

It was pretty much the last kick of the first half as I think the referee blew his whistle a few moments later.

Can't remember them having a goal ruled out.

Are you sure we're talking about the same game!? :greengrin
I remembered it being up our end as well. The disallowed goal was at 3-1 I think, was a mile offside to be fair but it seemed to take an age for the linesman to flag.

Yuillsy
12-04-2014, 10:37 PM
Not my finest hour I have to admit. Left at half time and went to the pub behind Hampden which was heaving with Hibs fans. One by one my mates started to arrive and we decided to get blootered. Rounds of double voddies and Jager chasers for the rest of the game. The pub went bananas when we equalised then even more mental when we scored the 4th. The rest of my mates awho stayed til the end started to arrive and more bevvies started flowing. It was brilliant in the pub....not as good as the stadium granted but still one of my best Hibs experiences.

Went for a few more bevvies in Glasgow before necking a bottle of vodka on the train home before we reached Dundee. After Dundee, no recollections at all. Apparently my mate had to call my wife to pick me up from Aberdeen station and she had sneak me into the house without the neighbours or the wee man seeing me and put me to bed.....all before 8pm.

Two valuable lessons learnt that day......I can't drink like I used to and don't leave the game early!

Snap, I never even made it to half-time. My mates left as soon as the 3rd hit the net so I stupidly followed.
We walked for miles then watched the 2nd half and extra time in the Clutha bar. It was 3-1 when we got there and even when Griffiths missed the penalty I knew we'd made a mistake.
Great day though but not a patch on what it would've been like in the stadium.

Mr White
12-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Taylor missed a decent chance just before Leigh's winner IIRC?

VivaHiberņa
12-04-2014, 10:40 PM
At HT my dad said to me and my mate "Remember Liverpool in Istanbul." I gave him a look that would have frozen hell. We decided to see 15 minutes of the 2nd half before deciding what to do.

Weirdly, at 3-1, someone (can't remember if Griffiths or Doyle) took a shot on the half-volley inside the 6-yard box and it went over the bar by about a foot but right then, I had the strangest of feelings we were going to do it. Not that I wasn't literally shaking with nerves before ET started.

Seeing Doyle's goal still gives me goosebumps.

I've never left a game early but after that vowed I never will.

Once the euphoria had worn off, and my hands stopped shaking, the smugness replying to all those texts that had built up after turning my phone off at 2-0 was off the scale.

Days like that make all the ***** worth it.

Saorsa
12-04-2014, 10:43 PM

:flag:I still drink like I used tae but I'll no leave early again in a game like that :greengrin

I learnt another lesson that day though as i left at HT, dinnae punch a steel door, it is harder than your hand. :agree:

Broken Gnome
12-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Taylor missed a bit of a sitter as soon as we went 4-3 up as well.

Draining day.

Northernhibee
12-04-2014, 10:46 PM
That goal from Harris was a stunner too. I mind Clancy having an absolute stonewaller penalty turned down and I thought "That's it, no chance we're going through".

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 10:50 PM
A great day out. Also the final, the result never went our way but I enjoyed the day out a lot! Went round to that even thing at the back of hampden where there was loads of mini gamea of football and music being played. Flooded with Hibbies!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 10:51 PM

Me too but it's not the same when not at Hampden :-(

kdhibees1
12-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Aye, the good auld days.........:duck:
We will be back.

Bronson
12-04-2014, 10:56 PM
Days like that are what being a hibby is all about for me. The bad times are horrendous (e.g. now) and sometimes lengthy, but the good times are unbelievable. Wouldn't get that kind of emotion we felt from a Celtic fan that day, and that's a fact.

Wouldn't have it any other way:big grin:

Pete
12-04-2014, 10:57 PM
I have a lot of respect and a bit of a soft spot for Falkirk after that match. Hearts go on about having a team of youngsters but it was eye opening looking at the age of some of the bairns that day.

They've done things the right way recently, have invested in infrastructure and rely heavily on youth. They probably deserved more that day and I hope to see them in the SPFL soon as they would be an asset and probably deserve a break. Just not at our expense though.

carnoustiehibee
12-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Can't believe that was only 1 year ago, seems a lot longer. Had a strange feeling we would come back that day at half time.

But like my 60yr old dad in typical hibeeness he too reminisces and celebrates a semi

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 11:01 PM
Can't believe that was only 1 year ago, seems a lot longer. Had a strange feeling we would come back that day at half time.

But like my 60yr old dad in typical hibeeness he too reminisces and celebrates a semi

Me too, I never get them that often. :wink:

ehf
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM

Lovely story!

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 11:04 PM
I have a lot of respect and a bit of a soft spot for Falkirk after that match. Hearts go on about having a team of youngsters but it was eye opening looking at the age of some of the bairns that day.

They've done things the right way recently, have invested in infrastructure and rely heavily on youth. They probably deserved more that day and I hope to see them in the SPFL soon as they would be an asset and probably deserve a break. Just not at our expense though.

:nerd: Sorry to be pedantic but they're already in the SPFL as that refers to the top four divisions in Scottish football.

They're currently in level two of the SPFL.

:greengrin

ehf
12-04-2014, 11:22 PM
A great day out. Also the final, the result never went our way but I enjoyed the day out a lot! Went round to that even thing at the back of hampden where there was loads of mini gamea of football and music being played. Flooded with Hibbies!

:agree: the final was over after 8 minutes, but the last ten minutes were superb: those that had stayed spontaneously singing and celebrating as if we'd won the damn thing after the part-timers had left. There was much chat afterwards about this being wrong, but it remains one of my best memories: we had a crap team and a crap manager but we were rejoicing in the legacy of the club.

cleanyman
12-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Best game I've been to, stunning.

Hibs support streamed out at 2-0 and 3-0 but us loyal fans stayed.

Amazing game.

Pete
12-04-2014, 11:24 PM
:nerd: Sorry to be pedantic but they're already in the SPFL as that refers to the top four divisions in Scottish football.

They're currently in level two of the SPFL.

:bitchy: I don't know what to call it any more.

What was wrong with 1,2,3 and 4?:rolleyes:

SteveHFC
12-04-2014, 11:24 PM
:agree: the final was over after 8 minutes, but the last ten minutes were superb: those that had stayed spontaneously singing and celebrating as if we'd won the damn thing after the part-timers had left. There was much chat afterwards about this being wrong, but it remains one of my best memories: we had a crap team and a crap manager but we were rejoicing in the legacy of the club.

I left after Celtic scored their 3rd :greengrin :(

Derry Hibee
13-04-2014, 12:02 AM
I missed leigh's winner cos I thought it best I get a pee in before penalties, gutted! Poor wee old dear behind me was distraught for me, as she was more interested in my antics during the match than the match itself.
Great day out.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2014, 12:03 AM

Stayed right to the end to give Leigh a fairwell and to clap our team off. Loved singing from the capital and we'll support you ever more:thumbsup:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2014, 12:04 AM
Best game I've been to, stunning.

Hibs support streamed out at 2-0 and 3-0 but us loyal fans stayed.

Amazing game.

:agree::thumbsup:

Steve-O
13-04-2014, 12:10 AM
Had about 8 folk crammed into my tiny Wellington flat. 2 or 3am and we were all going mental! Neighbours would have had no idea what was going on!

Night ended with me sitting listening to Proclaimers by myself once everyone had gone home.

Glory Lurker
13-04-2014, 12:14 AM
An amazing day, from total despair to ecstasy when Doyle scored. I tried ecstasy again when Sparky hit the winner, but I was too knackered

Can you imagine how we would have felt if we were Falkirk fans, though? Can't think about that day without sparing a thought for how utterly gutted they must have been.

Bristolhibby
13-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Left at half time. Gutted.

J

cabbageandribs1875
13-04-2014, 01:05 AM
1st half was possibly THEE lowest i've ever been at a hibs game in over 40 years, totally gobsmacked :( the rest was pure magic, took me till the now watching that video that brines denied us a stonewall penalty when clancy was brought down in the box at 3-0 the ****

California-Hibs
13-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Watching it here in the house in California with my wife. Utterly speechless at half time, we were both truly gutted. Barely even celebrated when Harris got the 1st back, celebrated abit when Griffiths got the 2nd as I knew there was still time. Went crazy with excitement when we were awarded a penalty, completely gutted when Leigh missed it. Went mental when Doyle scored, running around the couch 3 times, on my way around the 3rd time I stubbed my toe really bad, turns out I broke it! Watched the rest on the game sitting on the couch in pain.....

4th goal winner hits and I just couldn't control myself, off around the couch I went again, grabbed a pile of clothes we had nicely folded at the end of the couch, grabbed them and threw them against the wall while shouting all sorts of excitement. Then it was back to continue around the couch, tripped AGAIN due to my broken toe, rolled around the carpet in AGONY!

It was a very draining day, one of the biggest highlights I've had following Hibs, it was magic!

JohnStephens91
13-04-2014, 01:51 AM
I brought my friend along, who doesn't support any team and just likes football, as he was at every other Scottish Cup game and we won, even came along to a few league games that we won too, so he was the lucky omen. My dad was on holiday in the USA at the time and stayed up to watch it. I remember not having any breakfast, I was too nervous to eat anything more than a Rice Krispie Square. I showed my friend round Hampden, and because neither of us drink before the football we headed in as soon as the gates opened.

The first went in, no biggie. The second went in, I was worried. The third went in and I am not ashamed to say that I had a tear in my eye. Taylor missed the chance just before half-time and then the whistle blew. My friend asked me if I wanted to leave, I said no and then my dad phoned me and said he was going to bed and I was to text him the final score. Hearts fans messages flooded my inbox. My friend asked me if I thought we would win and I said no, but we were staying because I support the club no matter what. He said that Hibs would win.

McGovern made a save from a Harris volley, pushing it onto the post and I suddenly believed again and my nerves were frayed to say the least and when Clancy was hacked down in the box and no penalty was given I was raging and actually stormed down a few steps shouting and bawling. When Harris' strike went in and I remember frantically texting my dad. Griffiths then had a header over the bar from six yards out, before spooning an attempt over the bar.

The penalty we were given I remember tempting fate and saying that Griffiths would score. He never, and neither him or Doyle could score the rebound and I booted a metal bit of the chair (empty :greengrin) and was resigned to a Hibs-style defeat. Cue Harris cutting back for Griffiths and I knew from then that we would get another goal and then Doyle ran at the defence. I remember it clearly, everybody rose and then it hit the net. I pulled a muscles in my shoulder, arm and leg celebrating the goal and started crying and I hugged my friend, even he went mental at the goal.

I remember Griffiths offside goal going in, and then seeing the linesmans flag going up. It didn't bother me, I remember saying to my friend that a goal was coming. The evil ******* wanted a penalty shoot-out though! And then the pivotal moment, Dods cleared the corner, Griffiths with the laboured first touch, but then the burst of energy and one of the sweetest strikes you'll ever see. Despite my limbs hurting I jumped around like a maniac, all my energy was already drained from me and my emotions pulled all over the place, I hugged my friend and cried some more.

I tried phoning my dad as the players came over to applaud the fans and I left it to go to voicemail, I stood on my seat as Sunshine on Leith came on and belted it out, holding the scarf I got on the day of my birth aloft, tears still streaming down my cheeks.

We stayed in Glasgow a while and when we were on the train back to Edinburgh I got a text message from my dad and it read: "I bloody wish I was there, you sounded like you were crying, I have to admit when I saw the score I cried too! Not because I am glad we won, but because I wish I was there with you GGTTH."

When we got back to Edinburgh, me and my friend had a pint before decided we were both too emotionally drained to carry on and went home. No copious amounts of alcohol dulled the memories, but instead ones I'll cherish forever, and it reiterated why I love the club. I just hope that one day, we can do something like that in the Scottish Cup Final.

Glory, glory, to the Hibees.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2014, 05:18 AM
I brought my friend along, who doesn't support any team and just likes football, as he was at every other Scottish Cup game and we won, even came along to a few league games that we won too, so he was the lucky omen. My dad was on holiday in the USA at the time and stayed up to watch it. I remember not having any breakfast, I was too nervous to eat anything more than a Rice Krispie Square. I showed my friend round Hampden, and because neither of us drink before the football we headed in as soon as the gates opened.

The first went in, no biggie. The second went in, I was worried. The third went in and I am not ashamed to say that I had a tear in my eye. Taylor missed the chance just before half-time and then the whistle blew. My friend asked me if I wanted to leave, I said no and then my dad phoned me and said he was going to bed and I was to text him the final score. Hearts fans messages flooded my inbox. My friend asked me if I thought we would win and I said no, but we were staying because I support the club no matter what. He said that Hibs would win.

McGovern made a save from a Harris volley, pushing it onto the post and I suddenly believed again and my nerves were frayed to say the least and when Clancy was hacked down in the box and no penalty was given I was raging and actually stormed down a few steps shouting and bawling. When Harris' strike went in and I remember frantically texting my dad. Griffiths then had a header over the bar from six yards out, before spooning an attempt over the bar.

The penalty we were given I remember tempting fate and saying that Griffiths would score. He never, and neither him or Doyle could score the rebound and I booted a metal bit of the chair (empty :greengrin) and was resigned to a Hibs-style defeat. Cue Harris cutting back for Griffiths and I knew from then that we would get another goal and then Doyle ran at the defence. I remember it clearly, everybody rose and then it hit the net. I pulled a muscles in my shoulder, arm and leg celebrating the goal and started crying and I hugged my friend, even he went mental at the goal.

I remember Griffiths offside goal going in, and then seeing the linesmans flag going up. It didn't bother me, I remember saying to my friend that a goal was coming. The evil ******* wanted a penalty shoot-out though! And then the pivotal moment, Dods cleared the corner, Griffiths with the laboured first touch, but then the burst of energy and one of the sweetest strikes you'll ever see. Despite my limbs hurting I jumped around like a maniac, all my energy was already drained from me and my emotions pulled all over the place, I hugged my friend and cried some more.

I tried phoning my dad as the players came over to applaud the fans and I left it to go to voicemail, I stood on my seat as Sunshine on Leith came on and belted it out, holding the scarf I got on the day of my birth aloft, tears still streaming down my cheeks.

We stayed in Glasgow a while and when we were on the train back to Edinburgh I got a text message from my dad and it read: "I bloody wish I was there, you sounded like you were crying, I have to admit when I saw the score I cried too! Not because I am glad we won, but because I wish I was there with you GGTTH."

When we got back to Edinburgh, me and my friend had a pint before decided we were both too emotionally drained to carry on and went home. No copious amounts of alcohol dulled the memories, but instead ones I'll cherish forever, and it reiterated why I love the club. I just hope that one day, we can do something like that in the Scottish Cup Final.

Glory, glory, to the Hibees.

Absolute fantastic read that was.:top marks This is what being a hibby is all about! :greengrin

Jones28
13-04-2014, 08:42 AM
What a day that was. First half was miserable. I told some guy off for chucking a bamboo cane down the stairs and it sconed a wee boy in the back of the head. I said there was no need for that and before I knew it him and his mates were threatening me! "I'll drag your face up and down these steps" are the exact words he used. He was off his face and pissing everyone around me off and thankfully the wee **** wasn't there at half time. Celebrated the third goals with his mates as well!

we are hibs
13-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Fell down about 4 rows of seats celebrating doyles equaliser. Didn't even celebrate sparkys winner because I was absolutely shattered, just stood here smiling. I'm sure Fenlon hardly celebrated griffiths winner to and in the interview after looked drained. Only hibs could do that to someone

Northernhibee
13-04-2014, 10:12 AM
The Kickback thread for the game was hilarious too.

Onion
13-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Can't ever remember being so exhausted after any game. Felt as if I'd kicked every ball and was simply shattered on the walk back to the car.

itslegaltender
13-04-2014, 11:37 AM
At 3 nil, my laddie didnt want to stay, told him we would win 4-3. For me it was the Doyle goal that summed up the match. When that went in, I lost my senses, ran down the stairs at hampden and ended up in a pile of HIbees just jumping around hugging each other. My pal who was also at the game said, that he and my son couldnt work out where I was at first until they looked down at the gate jumping up and down. A special moment.

What people forget also about that game is that Taylor missed a one on one with Big Ben, he was offside but the ref and linesman let him carry on. Also Leigh's offside goal was never offside. Like someone else said, why can we not have a final with everyone fit/not banned for being an erse.

Missing Latapy for the Cup game early noughties, missing Riordan and selling O'connor for the semi against them and Griffiths clearly not fit vs Celtic.

13-04-2014, 11:56 AM
One of the most unbelievable games i've ever been to. I have never left a football game so emotionally and physically drained lol! The determination and heart we had to come back from a situation where it looked as if the game was dead and burried was incrediable - I never knew we had it in us, it's usually the sort of thing other teams would do to us lol!

The eruption after the 3rd goal was unbelievable - don;t think anybody could believe what they were seeing. After the 3rd I knew we would go on to get a winner.

Really doesn't seem like a year ago though!!!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2014, 12:00 PM
We were probably 1-0 down at this moment in time a year ago:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Griffiths would have lashed that goal in any minute now!

weecounty hibby
13-04-2014, 02:47 PM
My boy still watches the match regularly. Easily the most amazing match I have been to. The place went totally bonkers when we equalized and then scored the winner. My brother was on a day out on the weedge and phoned me after the match. He was in the pub just outside the train station and said it just got fuller and fuller with Hibbies. He said that when the 3rd and 4th goals went in the place went bananas with the bouncers struggling to keep any kind of order!!

AndySOL1875
13-04-2014, 04:32 PM
And look at the state of us now.

Exactly what i was thinking! Still, I nearly busted a nut when Doyle scored. The Griffiths goal was more of a relief than anything.

Jones28
13-04-2014, 04:49 PM
This time a year go I was sitting in the car home trying to process what I'd just seen...it was a struggle

GreenArmyyy!
13-04-2014, 04:50 PM

Would absolutely love if somebody could get a link to that thread.

Pretty Boy
13-04-2014, 04:55 PM
I had nipped to the toilet when Doyle scored.

Ran out to absolute bedlam on the concourse. Jumping about and hugging total strangers. Leighs goal was just a relief.

What a game.

#FromTheCapital
13-04-2014, 05:00 PM

Enjoy....

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126931-good-luck-falkirk/

Sir David Gray
13-04-2014, 05:11 PM

You mean this one? (http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126931-good-luck-falkirk/) :confused:

essexhibee
13-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Had to drive the six hours back to Essex after the game at at 3-0 all I could think of was how awful a journey it would be. Had lyle Taylor scored to make it 4-0, well it doesn't even bare thinking about. When the third went in told my dad was done but walked to the toilets...was never going to leave...and all I could think was that it would be another SC horror show. When Harris scored I thought there was a chance, but when Griffiths missed the pen just thought it wasn't going to be our day. When he hit that second I knew we would make the comeback. What a finish for the winning goal, from our viewpoint we could see direct path of the ball.

An unbelievable day struggled to stay awake on the journey back such a draining day.

VivaHiberņa
13-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Fell down about 4 rows of seats celebrating doyles equaliser. Didn't even celebrate sparkys winner because I was absolutely shattered, just stood here smiling. I'm sure Fenlon hardly celebrated griffiths winner to and in the interview after looked drained. Only hibs could do that to someone

:agree: He had tears in his eyes. For all his faults at least he cared.

Now reading Hunchback thread end to end. Amazing.

At three-nil:

Should have been a fifth 40 seconds into the 2nd half.

Falkirk will rue these misses when Hibs fight back............. bahahahahaha

Bronson
13-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Enjoy....

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126931-good-luck-falkirk/

That was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Personal highlights were the grovelling to the mods to delete the tread and spare themselves a red neck at moments like this, and the gloating at 3-0 seeing as I knew what was coming next:wink:

As the scruffy, soap-dodging, gypsy f***ers on that forum would say - PLEASING:greengrin

rcarter1
13-04-2014, 07:17 PM

My friend pointed out a great quote from that thread.

"Please admins can you delete this gloatfest gone wrong.." :rotflmao:

lugz
13-04-2014, 07:18 PM
The international bar in glasgow was a good bounce in the second half....oops!!

Galahibby
13-04-2014, 07:49 PM
That was my partner and his son's first Hibs game. Second was Malmo. Now they think all Hibs games have 7 goals, and I'm kind of scared to take them back after the last time!

#FromTheCapital
13-04-2014, 08:15 PM
The international bar in glasgow was a good bounce in the second half....oops!!

I made it in for extra time, the scenes when sparky scored the winner were incredible. Obviously would've been better at the game but I don't think anyone can be blamed for leaving after that horrific first half, especially as it was less than a year after that final.

LancashireHibby
13-04-2014, 10:02 PM
A year on and today I've watched my rugby team (Leigh) come from 24-0 down to win 36-28 at Halifax...all very familiar!

14-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Incredible to think that a year has passed. Second half was as good as it gets being a football supporter. When you think that we got a stone wall penalty turned down, missed another penalty and a perfectly good goal chopped off for off-side (some things never change!) what might the score had been.

EdinMike
14-04-2014, 01:05 AM
Great memories watching that but throughout the video I was thinking..

'I miss Claros...'

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2014, 01:42 AM
A year on and today I've watched my rugby team (Leigh) come from 24-0 down to win 36-28 at Halifax...all very familiar!

my brother inlaw played for them approx 35 years ago :greengrin and is only now starting to suffer from a few injuries picked up all those years ago

JoeT_WasTheBest
14-04-2014, 02:31 AM
My youngest's first ever Hibs game. He still talks about it at least once a fortnight!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Got the day off so I am watching the game from start to finish as it's still recorded on my Sky box, as is the final. :greengrin

hibee_girl
14-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Great memories watching that but throughout the video I was thinking..

'I miss Claros...'

Me too!

R'Albin
14-04-2014, 09:50 AM

Fair play to him, I've heard it can be more difficult as you get older.

SteveHFC
14-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Got the day off so I am watching the game from start to finish as it's still recorded on my Sky box, as is the final. :greengrin

http://www.mashbout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/michael-scott-what-gif.gif:wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-04-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.mashbout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/michael-scott-what-gif.gif:wink:

Haha. Even though we got beat I really enjoyed the day out and the build up throughout and up to the final. Had to get it recored just incase we won and plus I love the bit at the end when we are all singing "From The Capital" :greengrin :thumbsup:

DH1875
14-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Haha. Even though we got beat I really enjoyed the day out and the build up throughout and up to the final. Had to get it recored just incase we won and plus I love the bit at the end when we are all singing "From The Capital" :greengrin :thumbsup:

Have to agree. Apart from the kite that was on the pitch it was a brill day. The last 15 minutes in the stands was awsome :). Still makes me laugh when I think of the celtic fans stood there watching us bounce about the place and their confused faces :)

SteveHFC
14-04-2014, 01:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQs_w6bCZls

Doyle's goal

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Reaction_3b29b2_262148.gif

heretoday
14-04-2014, 03:36 PM
For all his faults Fenlon did get us to two finals. (It might have been better had we not made it to the first one!) At the moment it's hard to see Butcher doing the same.

Greencore
15-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Travelled through edinburgh from Ayr to meet my brother. Couldn't eat at all. Decided to get a few beers for the bus to get into the spirit. The bus was full of old people singing about a play or whatever and passing a hat round the bus for the driver. Me and my brother were laughing.

We entered glasgow with hibs fans singing we are from the capital your from a sh*thole... After falkirk's third goal my brother left and I was walking up the steps shouting at hibs fans saying this is what you get for supporting Fenlon!!! But then I thought no I paid money to see this my team needs me I'm going to stay till the end

after Doyle's goal madness. I've been to the 2-1 game at tynie with shiels and oconner but the madness from this game oh my god.

Best game of football I have ever been. Was proud to be a hobby that day!!!

Onceinawhile
15-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Can see myself (and the wife) on both the third and fourth goal. It's the reason I lost weight (I'm on the stairs and my top comes up above my belly(s!!!).

What a day. As soon as the second went in, you knew it was over. The wife hadn't been at a game since the Mowbray days (due to the children) she had no idea supporting hibs could be such a roller coaster. Knew we would do it as soon as wee boozy got the first. If I could bottle the feeling I had when doyler got the third or Sparky got the 4th I'd be a rich, rich man.

HIBEES HIBEES!!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
15-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Tremendous day! 90% of my bus left at 3-0. Had to practically pin my mate down to his seat so I wasn't left on my stormin. Phone had ran out of battery and I had no idea where our bus was going to be so couldn't have stayed on my own. Doyle's and Leigh's second goal were incredible scenes.

Onceinawhile
15-04-2014, 11:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQs_w6bCZls

Doyle's goal

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Reaction_3b29b2_262148.gif

love the fact that i can see myself (bottom left of the play buttton)

HIBEES!