PDA

View Full Version : Yams Kickback Gets a Visit from the Lawyers

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 01:16 PM
In a virtual sense of course.

Not content with being social medias worst informed correspondent on their own clubs troubles. The admins of KB now find themselves getting their collar felt.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/138871-a-reminder-of-the-forum-rules-relating-to-defamation/

Am I right in thinking that any defamatory comments by members of a site can be enforced against every member, regardless of whether they were involved or not.

I'm not saying we don't have dafties on here that post untrue, and unsubstantiated slurs on people. They are squally nipped in the bud: either by the admin. pricks, or by other posters.

Is JKB really that badly run that the allegation they made was allowed to run until legal threats were made? You have to wonder what kind of club NEWCO 1874, is going to be if that is the calibre of those that would have a say in its running.

You might have a bit of sympathy for them, if they didn't have previous experience. Iirc though, they were pulled up some years ago for things to do with the Pieman. The words "we know where you live" spring to mind.

Given the number officious Ooen Letters on there over the years, you'd think there would be someone with a smidgen of legal knowledge (perhaps in the Stenhouse area) that could have alerted their moderators to the dangerous seas they were sailing.

God knows they seem to have enough ways of reporting these things. But then, when does a Yam ever learn its lesson. Ulsters post hardly spells out (particularly for those with a reading age below 10), the importance of not making things up about other people.

All he needed to say was:

My friends, all this pish about us being above the law is, frankly, pish. As you will have witnessed with the humiliating dismantling of our Proud and Famous club. We are little people like the rest, in fact even littler for the foreseeable future.

I know there is a temptation for you to say "aw ****it" like we used to do in the 70s when we got relegated. But surely we have learned from those experiences when our Famous and Proud club almost went bust? We have worked hard to get where we are - don't throw it away.

Youll note that over 3 mins of admin. time was needed to sort this almighty arse up. We even had to let a woman take part, and were actually at the stage of considering help from gays and blacks as well (FFS can I make it any clearer?)

This must not happen again, as long as our Famous, Proud, and Pleased club continues.

givescotlandfreedom
11-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Aye yer honour but ehhhhh 1902 an big team and that eh.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 01:24 PM
I refer m'learned friends to the case of Levein v Hogg, (Starks 1995).

jacomo
11-04-2014, 01:33 PM
What are they talking about?

Why does hibs.net - sigh - get a mention?

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 01:37 PM

We can't talk about it, I think, but I think it was speculation about where Bajillions works. It then escalated to complaints being made to Bajillions supposed employer, and naming him as a member of staff who is not him.

I think it was an attempt to retaliate for the alleged eMails to Lithuania. It went spectacularly wrong though. They said Bajillions employer (who wasn't really) had better watch out as he was guilty if tortoise interfering, and that's a very bad thing.

They then started firing up the Open Letter generator, but only got as far as WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE (really THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES) when the adult world came crashing down on them, and said "stop this now,mor we will stop you for good".

Small boys who think they are fighting a war in the playground, instead of in the adult world.
It's interesting to note that Bajillions alleged employer has taken a more realistic view of the Yams plight in the last week. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you?

SaulGoodman
11-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Your honour I object on the basis that Hearts fans are *****

Dashing Bob S
11-04-2014, 01:39 PM

Seems our peg-selling elements filed a complaint that the crack pipe-hitting sections of our support were getting all the publicity over there, and wanted action taken 'in the interests of balance.'

Keith_M
11-04-2014, 01:44 PM
..... had better watch out as he was guilty of tortoise interfering, and that's a very bad thing.

Sounds very nasty to me!

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 01:46 PM
How the **** did they let it rumble on until they needed to spend 20 hours deleting the defamatory posts?

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Sounds very nasty to me!

If anybody accused me of that, I'd be straight on the phone to a lawyer. Preferably one that had almost worked in that London, and who knows a bit about these things.

Dashing Bob S
11-04-2014, 01:48 PM
How the **** did they let it rumble on until they needed to spend 20 hours deleting the defamatory posts?

I think you secretly know full well the answer to that question...

BH Hibs
11-04-2014, 01:51 PM

Think I may be breaking forum rules if I answered that.:wink:

jacomo
11-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Small boys who think they are fighting a war in the playground, instead of in the adult world.

Sounds about right.

Laughable to think JKB has a 'good name' or 'high standards' to protect. I really do try to avoid it altogether (although have lapsed a little of late) but they do have a few keyboard warriors over there who are fond of making silly threats.

If they've got themselves into trouble over it, then good.

Centre Hawf
Disgusting, lock them up I say.

Phil D. Rolls
I think you secretly know full well the answer to that question...

No secret, I think they were enjoying it, and - despite UVAs attempt to paint it as otherwise, we're forced into a humiliating climb down.

Either that, or your not going to stand up to psychos like this.

#37 gorgie rd eh11
Squad Member

Paid Member_10

1,826 posts

DONATOR

Posted Today, 09:13
This thread is a good way of keeping certain things in peoples minds.

Somebodys been watching too many Scorcese films.

Bostonhibby
11-04-2014, 03:06 PM
If anybody accused me of that, I'd be straight on the phone to a lawyer. Preferably one that had almost worked in that London, and who knows a bit about these things.

Agreed, all big teams have one of these. He will probably step in and take over the defence, a sort of pink consiglieri :-)

1950's hibbie
11-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Its funny some time ago I wrote a post saying how one should be careful about what and how you say certain things on the internet, it was treated with some disdain. Now it seems from this thread that another forum is being visited by lawyers, I repeat and am prepared to accept criticism but the internet is a dangerous place to be to frank in statements about persons or company character. Don,t think for one moment an internet identity gives you anonymity or immunity it just ain't so.

Beefster
11-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Its funny some time ago I wrote a post saying how one should be careful about what and how you say certain things on the internet, it was treated with some disdain. Now it seems from this thread that another forum is being visited by lawyers, I repeat and am prepared to accept criticism but the internet is a dangerous place to be to frank in statements about persons or company character. Don,t think for one moment an internet identity gives you anonymity or immunity it just ain't so.

Not really. Me saying that IMHO X is a twat or Y's business practices are immoral isn't particularly dangerous.

It's just a dangerous place to make unfounded (or just downright false) allegations though. Kickback have always taken a remarkably relaxed attitude to unfounded allegations. It was always going to bite them on the arse.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Disgusting, lock them up I say.

im considering doing time.

That's the point that everybody has to take from this. It can get messy when you start to name real people and make allegations about real businesses. It's a learning experience for everybody.

Not really. Me saying that IMHO X is a twat or Y's business practices are immoral isn't particularly dangerous.

It's just a dangerous place to make unfounded (or just downright false) allegations though. Kickback have always taken a remarkably relaxed attitude to unfounded allegations. It was always going to bite them on the arse.

Makes me think about the time Martin Jol called a referee a ****.

"you can't call me that" says the ref.
"can I think it" says Jol.
"of course"
"Ok then, I think you're a ****"

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2014, 03:52 PM

What is dangerous is that these "opinions" can be picked up by others, and those opinions turned into "facts" and then "action".

In that JKB thread, a member of this board was named, and discussed in disparaging terms. A photograph was then posted; suggestions were made as to how to "deal with" that person.

Unfortunately, the photo was of someone else, who has the same name.

IMO, that's dangerous.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 03:58 PM
What is dangerous is that these "opinions" can be picked up by others, and those opinions turned into "facts" and then "action".

In that JKB thread, a member of this board was named, and discussed in disparaging terms. A photograph was then posted; suggestions were made as to how to "deal with" that person.

Unfortunately, the photo was of someone else, who has the same name.

IMO, that's dangerous.

I wasn't aware it had gone that far. Not being funny, but that's the point someone really ad to say, this has gone too far.

absolutely shocking it took an "amiable" phone call, rather than unilateral action by Kuckback. Not the best advert for them in the current climate.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Vermin

CropleyWasGod
11-04-2014, 04:01 PM
I wasn't aware it had gone that far. Not being funny, but that's the point someone really ad to say, this has gone too far.

TBF, I think that particular part of the thread was incidental to the main nonsense, which was what got it pulled. However, it did cause understandable distress to a few people.

Phil D. Rolls
12-04-2014, 07:47 AM
So what's the story over there? Are these the guys that stuck by Vlad when others started to question him?

If they are, it explains why the consensus over there is that Vlad was good for them. It explains the lack of any discussion on how to make the best of the situation, and explains the repeated mantra that all will be OK.

This latest deal with, alliowing a serious defamation against an individual, and a major company, to get completely out of hand, suggests JKB is run by incompetent and irresponsible people.

Had they been more sane in their approach to the crisis, they might have been able to do something to stop it. But no, these guys kept saying it was all OK till it was too late.

Faced with the catastrophe they had created, they rewrote the script to say it was what they had intended all along. Debt free, Scottishb Cups, fresh start etc.

So, JKB needs to be added to the lust of those that killed Hearts. What was in it for them, we're they being fed succulent lamb by the Vlad regime, in exchange for complete acquiescence to what was going on?

Is it fear of reprisals from rank and file Yams, that has fuelled this increasingly guerrilla approach to the crisis.

Sorry, I'm obsessional at the mo. it's just that I am trying to ske sense if what I am seeing. And there is none, only madness.

Nando™
12-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Absolute s***.

Bajillions has them riled up to the eyeballs, good work sir, I tip my bunnet to you.

matty_f
12-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Absolute s***.Bajillions has them riled up to the eyeballs, good work sir, I tip my bunnet to you.:agree: without even trying, as well, which is pretty impressive. :agree:

weecounty hibby
12-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Absolute s***.

Bajillions has them riled up to the eyeballs, good work sir, I tip my bunnet to you.

All my Hibs heroes used to be on the park. Unfortunately right now they seem to be sitting in front of keyboards investigating the jambos wrongdoings.

Phil D. Rolls
12-04-2014, 09:31 AM
All my Hibs heroes used to be on the park. Unfortunately right now they seem to be sitting in front of keyboards investigating the jambos wrongdoings.

Butcher really needs to have a rethink about team selection. Much as I enjoy Kevin Thomsons exclusives, we really need him to be controlling the midfield just now.

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2014, 09:46 AM
My brothers employer has had a big part in bringing the Yams to their knees. It would be very difficult to refute any comments on JKB that this was the case,

He does work for HMRC mind :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
12-04-2014, 09:48 AM
My brothers employer has had a big part in bringing the Yams to their knees. It would be very difficult to refute any comments on JKB that this was the case,

He does work for HMRC mind :greengrin

Another nefarious organisation, that will not be forgotten by The Famous.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Another nefarious organisation, that will not be forgotten by The Famous.

The only owe it to themselves not to forget their own role in this and Kickback will make sure that happens. Only one thing I worry about though: do they know where they live?

Phil D. Rolls
12-04-2014, 12:34 PM
The only owe it to themselves not to forget their own role in this and Kickback will make sure that happens. Only one thing I worry about though: do they know where they live?

There will be no idle talk, when it comes to dealing with the dark forces that have caused the death if this once Famous and Proud club.

Some tribute to those brave men, that they run the thing into oblivion, on the 100th anniversary of their finest hour. I'd have thought having a club still in existence would be the greatest thanks they could give.

Its becoming apparent that the main forum for fans has backed the wrong side, and let the Hearts supporters down badly. It's for them to identify the Quislings that sold their club down the river. I'm sure that lots of people can point the finger.

Indeed, quite a few know where the monkeys actually live.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2014, 12:48 PM
There will be no idle talk, when it comes to dealing with the dark forces that have caused the death if this once Famous and Proud club.

Some tribute to those brave men, that they run the thing into oblivion, on the 100th anniversary of their finest hour. I'd have thought having a club still in existence would be the greatest thanks they could give.

Its becoming apparent that the main forum for fans has backed the wrong side, and let the Hearts supporters down badly. It's for them to identify the Quislings that sold their club down the river. I'm sure that lots of people can point the finger.

Indeed, quite a few know where the monkeys actually live.

I was hoping we could avoid fuddshed, but I too fear an all-out Jambo Civil War.

Phil D. Rolls
12-04-2014, 12:53 PM
I was hoping we could avoid fuddshed, but I too fear an all-out Jambo Civil War.

Is there anything the Hibs community can do from a humanitarian perspective? I was thinking along the lines of convoys patrolling the Union Canal, with supplies of essentials such as Tesco ready meals, and old copies of the EEN.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Is there anything the Hibs community can do from a humanitarian perspective? I was thinking along the lines of convoys patrolling the Union Canal, with supplies of essentials such as Tesco ready meals, and old copies of the EEN.

We could start by intensifying our needle-sharing, as all medical supplies will be at a premium in the carnage to follow.