PDA

View Full Version : Yams Vlad applies for Russian Citizenship

Keith_M
11-04-2014, 12:19 PM
According to The Evening News (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/vladimir-romanov-s-russian-bid-to-beat-extradition-1-3373043), Mad Vlad has applied for Russian Citizenship, to avoid extradition to Lithuania. Russia does not allow the extradition of its own citizens.

The part that surprised me the most was I thought he already had Russian Citizenship. You live and learn.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 12:50 PM
According to The Evening News (http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/vladimir-romanov-s-russian-bid-to-beat-extradition-1-3373043), Mad Vlad has applied for Russian Citizenship, to avoid extradition to Lithuania. Russia does not allow the extradition of its own citizens.

The part that surprised me the most was I thought he already had Russian Citizenship. You live and learn.

Given that all we know about Sir Vlad, has been garnered from EEN reports over the last nine years, he could be from Venezuala.

Glesgahibby
11-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm sure I read something yesterday(can't rember what rag) when he was lifted he had a Latvian passport?can anyone confirm this please or am I nearing my sell by date:confused:

Keith_M
11-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm sure I read something yesterday(can't rember what rag) when he was lifted he had a Latvian passport?can anyone confirm this please or am I nearing my sell by date:confused:

He has a Lithuanian Passport, because his family moved there when he was a child. However, he's originally from Tver Oblast, which is in Russia. That's the part that led to me thinking he already had joint Russian Citizenship.

Geo_1875
11-04-2014, 01:03 PM
It's all rather a strange story. When he was first introduced to us he was a Lithuanian oligarch with a Russian background (served in Soviet navy). When he was trying to stand for election he was knocked back as he wasn't a Lithuanian citizen. When he disappeared and surfaced in Moscow we were told Russia didn't extradite it's citizens. And now he's apparently applying for Russian citizenship. Who knows what his real nationality is?

greenginger
11-04-2014, 01:05 PM
He has a Lithuanian Passport, because his family moved there when he was a child. However, he's originally from Tver Oblast, which is in Russia. That's the part that led to me thinking he already had joint Russian Citizenship.

And, they would not let him stand as a candidate for the Lithuanian Presidency because he was too Russian !

or was because he was a crook :greengrin

Bostonhibby
11-04-2014, 03:13 PM
That one will come down to how much of a bribe he can pay so its probably what the yams farewell gift of the season ticket money and that cash only share issue was all about.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-04-2014, 04:40 PM
"Of sound mind and reputable character" wonder if they form part of the citizen test?

Can only assume he had to renounce Russian citizenship to own/have a stake in a Lith bank?

Hibernia Na Eir
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I thought he WAS Russian?

I'm_cabbaged
11-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Maybe the news ****ed it up for a change and he's actually from baltic street and not the baltics?

Can remember some ****er trying to sell me a beatles LP at the Kirkgate right enough.

NAE NOOKIE
12-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Given the current chilly relationship between 'the west' and Russia he will probably get it.

aljo7-0
12-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Clearly with his companies' money troubles he could not afford the electricity to keep the fax machine going to send the fax to Russia's Passport control dictating that his new Passport should be issued. Faxless and toothless now it seems.

You would have thought he would have been able to lend himself some money from one of his other companies. I've heard that can happen with Big businesses.

HiBremian
12-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Fat French actors that dinnae pay tax can get Russian citizenship, so I guess he's halfway there.

Crap actor, though, except when playing to Yammish audiences :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
12-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Fat French actors that dinnae pay tax can get Russian citizenship, so I guess he's halfway there.

Crap actor, though, except when playing to Yammish audiences :greengrin

You talking about the boy with the schnoz that claims he drinks 6 bottles of wine a day (well someone's got to make a dent into the European wine lake although I don't think he should have exclusive rights ...)

Weststandwanab
12-04-2014, 06:54 PM
You talking about the boy with the schnoz that claims he drinks 6 bottles of wine a day (well someone's got to make a dent into the European wine lake although I don't think he should have exclusive rights ...)What wine lake is that ?