PDA

View Full Version : Hearts - Lying down

Marty-Hibee
10-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Can't say I've seen this mentioned but apologies if it has, but what's everyone's views of Hearts potentially lying down to the other teams to assist us going down? I know our fate is in our own hands as it stands, but does anyone reckon they would actually do it? I've seen enough guff in the papers from them desperate to bring us down with them that I won't put it past them.

That said, regardless of recent weeks, they are still a pish poor team and will end up gifting the points anyway, but it was just a slight fear that suddenly struck me!

Steve20
10-04-2014, 02:04 PM
I could see them doing it, yes. However, we've only got ourselves to blame for being in this situation.

JeMeSouviens
10-04-2014, 02:04 PM
How would we know the difference?

Thecat23
10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
I bet they do by throwing in all their youngsters for the remaining games until they play us. Oh wait a min.......

greenpaper55
10-04-2014, 02:06 PM
How would we know the difference?

:faf: very good, lets hope we don't need them.

Newry Hibs
10-04-2014, 02:09 PM
I don't see it myself. In fact they may want to try and catch us (15 points excepted).

Waxy
10-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Doubt it. They know Hibs going down makes it much harder for them to get back up.they're daft, but are they that daft?

Pretty Boy
10-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I doubt it.

I reckon they will want to finish less than 15 points behind 11th so in years to come they can tell everyone it was the points deduction that sent them down.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2014, 02:29 PM
I doubt it.

I reckon they will want to finish less than 15 points behind 11th so in years to come they can tell everyone it was the points deduction that sent them down.

I agree, and players also get win bonuses, might need a few to see them through the summer, and the uncertainty around their futures

Diclonius
10-04-2014, 02:32 PM
They won't lie down. They aren't THAT petty.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2014, 02:33 PM

We need them to beat Ross County next week

The Sea-gull
10-04-2014, 02:33 PM
I think there are players in their squad that might not bust a gut as much as they would in other circumstances just as the likes of Deek and Sparky might not if they were playing for us in similar circumstances.

I don't think professional teams can play to lose though. Once they are over the line they may try less harder in some games than others but playing to lose I doubt it. Teams naturally slacken off when they have effectively nothing to play for, sometimes this relaxes them and leads to wins and sometimes goes the other way and leads to defeats.

Hearts management and players will definitely be torn - part of them will want Hibs to go down and see it in their interests to lose their remaining games but they will also want to go down fighting and would love I am sure to make up enough points to finish "above" at least one team (if not more) if you add the 15 points back to their total. They could yet finish "above" us and bizarrely it would be in our interests for them to do this!

Hermit Crab
10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
No chance they will lie down. Wins and draws mean prize money does it not?

The Sea-gull
10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree, and players also get win bonuses, might need a few to see them through the summer, and the uncertainty around their futures

Being serious but do teams in admin pay win bonuses? I would have thought taht part of the process may involve the players opting to just get their basic salary. I am sure the players at an admin hit club would rather just get assurances they will get paid their basic on time every week than risk not being paid at all with win bonuses potentially wiping money away from the club, money that could be used to pay their basic salary for longer?

Not that many win bonuses have had to be handed out at Tynecastle (or ER for that matter!) this season!

Billy Whizz
10-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Being serious but do teams in admin pay win bonuses? I would have thought taht part of the process may involve the players opting to just get their basic salary. I am sure the players at an admin hit club would rather just get assurances they will get paid their basic on time every week than risk not being paid at all with win bonuses potentially wiping money away from the club, money that could be used to pay their basic salary for longer?

Not that many win bonuses have had to be handed out at Tynecastle (or ER for that matter!) this season!

You may have a point, but would have thought their contracts would be honoured

Keith_M
10-04-2014, 02:43 PM
There is a big difference between going out and putting in a decent shift and busting a gut. I think they've been doing the latter in the last few games, to avoid relegaton as long as possible, but can't see why they would in their remaining matches (except against Hibs). That could lead to them losing practically every match against more motivated opponents, at which point people will accuse them of throwing the games.

I think we need to turn this argument on its head and start asking the Hibs players if they have been throwing games. Maybe they should take a leaf out of the Hearts players book from the last few matches and start busting a gut.

patlowe
10-04-2014, 02:44 PM
I doubt it.

Agree with this. I can understand it TBH and I reckon if the season lasted a few weeks longer they would catch us quite comfortably (ignoring the -15).

leggeto
10-04-2014, 03:35 PM
No professional football player will play to lose,its only the fans who would want it,plus they'd probably lose anyway while trying their hardest

Saorsa
10-04-2014, 03:39 PM
It's a disgrace that we are in a position tae be worrying about what they are or aren't going tae be doing.

Dashing Bob S
10-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Makes no odds. If we've put ourselves in a position where those muppets can help to send us to the play-offs by simply demonstrating even less footballing competence than they've done all season, then we thoroughly deserve it.

If we go down it certainly won't be Hearts or anybody else that's to blame.

Franck Stanton
10-04-2014, 03:43 PM
It's a disgrace that we are in a position tae be worrying about what they are or aren't going tae be doing.

Exactly.

Michael
10-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Come on, as if the hearts players would be so desperate to see hibs relegated that they'd intentionally damage their own bank balance and reputation. They're still professional footballers!

Plus, for the hearts players that stay on it'll just make it more difficult for them to come back up.

SurferRosa
10-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Our fate is in our hands, not Hearts. If we take points from our opponents it wont matter a toss what Hearts do.

Hibernia Na Eir
10-04-2014, 05:21 PM
We need them to beat Ross County next week

a true statement, but how embarrassing.

Thecat23
10-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Our fate is in our hands, not Hearts. If we take points from our opponents it wont matter a toss what Hearts do.

Spot on.

Judas Iscariot
10-04-2014, 05:26 PM

Oh by **** they are

lapsedhibee
10-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Doubt it. They know Hibs going down makes it much harder for them to get back up.they're daft, but are they that daft?

Come on, as if the hearts players would be so desperate to see hibs relegated that they'd intentionally damage their own bank balance and reputation. They're still professional footballers!

Plus, for the hearts players that stay on it'll just make it more difficult for them to come back up.

Au contraire. It makes it easier for them to come back up as they are virtually guaranteed to take more points off us (for example, 12) than anyone else takes off us.

Carheenlea
10-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I have a feeling that we are going to win our next two games against St Mirren and Hearts anyway, so they can try hard, lie down or do whatever they like.

kaimendhibs
10-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Had a fartz laughing about the fact they play st. Midden in last game. Easily amused imo

Sent from my iphone

Ronniekirk
10-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Can't say I've seen this mentioned but apologies if it has, but what's everyone's views of Hearts potentially lying down to the other teams to assist us going down? I know our fate is in our own hands as it stands, but does anyone reckon they would actually do it? I've seen enough guff in the papers from them desperate to bring us down with them that I won't put it past them.

That said, regardless of recent weeks, they are still a pish poor team and will end up gifting the points anyway, but it was just a slight fear that suddenly struck me!
Depends how relegation affects them .they either loose motivation and concentration and loose early goal and struggle or they are freed up to express themselves and want to get as many points as they can to prove a point .They took 7 points out of nine in last three games We took none and that's why we are in position we are in We will know after st mirren game if we continue to be in free fall .
I think these first two games could be our hardest .St midden will have to go for it as a draw is no use ,so can we hit them on the counter attack with pace of Haynes and trickery of Watmore and Stanton .
Teal is back for them and we need to be wary of his pace and guile of Thompson up front Players like McLean McGowan Conner Newton and McGinn if on form can help them but it's whether they handle pressure If they don't we will see if we are up for the fight or not .
Got the makings of a good game

Sir David Gray
10-04-2014, 08:42 PM
They won't lie down to anyone.

They will probably try even harder against us but I don't see them throwing games against the rest and deliberately losing just so they can try to send us down.

Itsnoteasy
10-04-2014, 08:45 PM

They rammed Partick on Saturday. Gary Cocke will be wanting to keep the job

heretoday
10-04-2014, 11:44 PM

Quite right. They have shown a lot of spirit in adversity. I doubt they'll do any different now. If they did I'm sure their supporters would object.

H18Y GW
11-04-2014, 05:30 AM
I have a good few **** mates and right now I wouldn't disagree with the assessment they are the form team , they say the best , and will keep us up by default.,

I think one win against any of the other four teams will keep us up

The Harp
11-04-2014, 06:33 AM
I hate the Gorgie mob with a passion but even I don't think there's any possibility of them lying down to anybody in order to have us finish 2nd bottom.

easty
11-04-2014, 06:55 AM
I hope they do lie down. I'd be happy for them to pick up nae more points this season.

We'd still stay up.

Onion
11-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Can't expect any favours from Hearts. Their players will now go easy now that they're (R), except in the Hibs game. It will be like another cup final to them, and we all know how those turn out.

Ronniekirk
11-04-2014, 07:11 AM
I have a good few **** mates and right now I wouldn't disagree with the assessment they are the form team , they say the best , and will keep us up by default.,

I think one win against any of the other four teams will keep us up

They don't necessarily need to lie down There Mutch vaunted Burn out could now kick in and they may want to rest some players and introduce some of these 16 year olds they kept saying they would need to play .Don't know if they have suspensions to players coming up as well .With nothing but pride left to play for they may not fight for full 90 minutes the way other teams will who are trying to avoid finishing 11 th..They also thought they were coming out of administration and maybe now realise liquidation is more likely outcome and if money running out are they guaranteed to get paid in coming weeks .Lots going on that could distract them now that they are officially down .On other hand ,these young players might want to continue to put themselves in shop window so billy king may continue his scoring run and young Sam Nicholson may want to show he can sustain his good form as they won't all be desperate like Rudi and Stevenson to play in third tier of Scottish football .

kentao
11-04-2014, 07:13 AM
I think they will try and get more points than us without the -15 just to rub our noses in it.

calumhibee1
11-04-2014, 07:26 AM
I don't think they will but they can lie down all we want. If we don't stay up even with them handing all the other teams 3 points we'd only have ourselves to blame.

Ronniekirk
11-04-2014, 07:27 AM
I think they will try and get more points than us without the -15 just to rub our noses in it.
They can do that by beating us for the fourth time this season ,that would be rubbing our noses in it.They wil bust a gut in that game but don't expect them to perform like that in the rest .

Hibbyradge
11-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I doubt it.

They'll want to finish less than 15 points behind us.

easty
11-04-2014, 07:48 AM

I wouldn't feel like my nose had been rubbed in it if they finished less than 15 points behind us. They'd still be relegated.

kentao
11-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Aye but for us to only be 6 points ahead of them without the penalty is a joke. Hearts havent been able to strengthen with any quality since danny wilson weve had 2 windows and a fair bit of money on fees and wages and only managed to beat them once out of 4. The whole setup down easter road is embarrassing.

Would rather butcher played the confident young team rather than some of the diddies that are killing time till the summer.

Rant over just fed up of underachieving for so long

The Sea-gull
11-04-2014, 10:26 AM

I think I could handle getting my nose rubbed in it if them being "above" us meant we were still playing in the Premier League next year while they were in the Championship.

While it would not be nice to be "overhauled" by Hearts, I would take that scenario if it meant avoiding the play off.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Hibercelona gave us his own personal guarantee that Hearts would lie down against the teams just below us to drag us into the relegation mire. Last Saturday Partick were the beneficiaries of the gimps not trying and true to what he said they never tried a leg.

OOPS.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-04-2014, 10:47 AM
If we can still go down with a couple of games to go I have no doubt Hearts will lose their 2 games if they have any influence on our fate.

Keith_M
11-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Didn't Stevenson say he hopes Hibs will get relegated?

The_Horde
11-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Even If they do lie down. If we don't have enough quality to pick up the points we need we deserve to finish 11th.

Let's take care of ourselves and the rest won't matter a f***.

Aldo
11-04-2014, 11:02 AM

Do give a flying F what that cock has to say. We won't get relegated or finish 11th

IWasThere2016
11-04-2014, 11:33 AM

My thoughts exactly..

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?281375-If-we-do-go-down&p=3963166&viewfull=1#post3963166

11-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I could see them doing it, yes. However, we've only got ourselves to blame for being in this situation.

:agree:

11-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Really couldn't care less about what that fat tattoo'd freak show has to say tbh, they only want hibs down as well to save a bit of embarrassment that they are in a lower league.

truehibernian
11-04-2014, 05:43 PM

I hope personally he learns never to drink drive again and risk lives on the road due to arrogance, stupidity, recklessness and lack of consideration for others !

That's my thoughts on the convicted drink driver Ryan Stevenson.

Johnny_Leith
11-04-2014, 06:09 PM
I think Hearts (R) will surprise some folk and get a few wins under their belt. Nothing to fear now they are down and good form at the moment, decent odds in most games too.

Phil D. Rolls
11-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I think Hearts (R) will surprise some folk and get a few wins under their belt. Nothing to fear now they are down and good form at the moment, decent odds in most games too.

Like it or not, the squad is a year older. Meaning they are fitter, and stronger mentally than the start of the season. Given the lack iof journeyman pros. seeing out their time, they'll keep trying till the end of the season.

They all know that they must find a new club soon, and be surprised if any are happy with the idea of fourth tier football.

Waxy
11-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Aye they can lie down all they want. It'll just give us something else to laugh at them for, and we'll still stay up.

emerald green
11-04-2014, 07:58 PM
I hope personally he learns never to drink drive again and risk lives on the road due to arrogance, stupidity, recklessness and lack of consideration for others !

That's my thoughts on the convicted drink driver Ryan Stevenson.

:top marks

heretoday
11-04-2014, 08:11 PM
Now that Hearts are down for sure I reckon they will not be so bullish on the playing front.

The backs-to-the-wall spirit was what kept them going.

They won't "lie down" as it were but the wind is out of the sails a bit.

I'm sure they'll be up for the derby though!

Jonnyboy
11-04-2014, 08:52 PM
It's a common phenomenon that relegated teams play better after their fate is sealed due to the pressure being off.

One Day
13-04-2014, 03:44 PM

Exactly...... Its what we do, Beat St Mirren then the Hearts then job done, who cares about them

Keith_M
13-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know if Health and Safety were ever called to Tynecastle to object to the terrible conditions the young lads were having to endure?

Eyrie
13-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Does anyone know if Health and Safety were ever called to Tynecastle to object to the terrible conditions the young lads were having to endure?

The H&S inspectors weren't called because the Yams didn't want them noticing the state of the main stand.

Paisley Hibby
14-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Of course they won't lie down. I just wish our mob had even half of their spirit :rolleyes:

Seveno
15-04-2014, 08:19 PM
A Jambo I know, one of the decent ones, pointed out to me today that they don't want us to be relegated as it would make it harder for them to win promotion with us and The Rangers in the Championship.

Phil D. Rolls
15-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Of course they won't lie down. I just wish our mob had even half of their spirit :rolleyes:

Heard it!

Sir David Gray
15-04-2014, 09:58 PM
A Jambo I know, one of the decent ones, pointed out to me today that they don't want us to be relegated as it would make it harder for them to win promotion with us and The Rangers in the Championship.

He must be at the wind up.

I don't know any Hearts fan who wouldn't want to play Hibs four times every season.

Jim44
16-04-2014, 05:11 PM

I don't think they will lie down but if they lose any matches it will be dismissed by the fans as 'lying down', guaranteed.

And you believe that?

Aldo
16-04-2014, 06:03 PM
I don't think they will lie down but if they lose any matches it will be dismissed by the fans as 'lying down', guaranteed. And you believe that?

At the end of the day the position we are in is our own fault simple as that.

I still don't think we will go down and after beating St Midden, the yams and drawing with county we will be safe.
And no I haven't been drinking anything.

:-)

Ronniekirk
17-04-2014, 10:27 AM
At the end of the day the position we are in is our own fault simple as that.

I still don't think we will go down and after beating St Midden, the yams and drawing with county we will be safe.
And no I haven't been drinking anything.

:-)

Well your optimistic ,was visiting an uncle of mine on the outskirts of Leven at the weekend .He is 82 and doesn't have to pay for his season ticket at Bay View. Sounds like they are as bad as us at the moment , have you been tempted to go and watch them .

Jim44
17-04-2014, 10:31 AM
I think at this stage in the season, the worst team is favourite to go down. Facts tell us we are the worst, 'nuff said?

Golden Bear
17-04-2014, 11:00 AM
I think at this stage in the season, the worst team is favourite to go down. Facts tell us we are the worst, 'nuff said?

Not quite Jim - nearly but we're not quite there although we've been working hard at it over the last couple of months.

Waxy
17-04-2014, 11:36 AM

Not the most positive Hibby are you Jimbo?

Aldo
17-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Well your optimistic ,was visiting an uncle of mine on the outskirts of Leven at the weekend .He is 82 and doesn't have to pay for his season ticket at Bay View. Sounds like they are as bad as us at the moment , have you been tempted to go and watch them .

Tbh if I had the time I'd be at ER. My next door neighbour is the official photographer and keeps trying to get me down there.

As for being optimistic I think a win in Sat puts all or any doubts of a play off place to bed.

Ronniekirk
17-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Tbh if I had the time I'd be at ER. My next door neighbour is the official photographer and keeps trying to get me down there.

As for being optimistic I think a win in Sat puts all or any doubts of a play off place to bed.
It would ,but getting T B to pick the right team , get his tactics right and find. Way to motivate some of these players on the way out is not something he managed well over the past four games and that puts more pressure on the younger players including Stanton . but the bottom six changes mentality for everyone and we will see if that helps us .
I headed for the Haven Bar in CellarDyke ,any old port in a storm . :wink:

Aldo
17-04-2014, 03:54 PM
It would ,but getting T B to pick the right team , get his tactics right and find. Way to motivate some of these players on the way out is not something he managed well over the past four games and that puts more pressure on the younger players including Stanton . but the bottom six changes mentality for everyone and we will see if that helps us . I headed for the Haven Bar in CellarDyke ,any old port in a storm . :wink:

Know that area very well (Haven under new ownership as well) . Worked out that way for last 7 years.

As for team selection etc I would really like to see Robertson in the starting line up but not sure he would be fit enough.

Ronniekirk
17-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Know that area very well (Haven under new ownership as well) . Worked out that way for last 7 years.

As for team selection etc I would really like to see Robertson in the starting line up but not sure he would be fit enough.
Think we all want him in team but agree it would be too soon and better to have him for last three games than he breaks down against st midden .
Thought it was new management ,took a cottage there a few years ago Fishers it was called and it. Backed onto beach and great view of May Island .Went swimming in the old outdoor rock pool as remember going there as a child to swim .it was Baltic in the water though .:wink:

Aldo
17-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Think we all want him in team but agree it would be too soon and better to have him for last three games than he breaks down against st midden . Thought it was new management ,took a cottage there a few years ago Fishers it was called and it. Backed onto beach and great view of May Island .Went swimming in the old outdoor rock pool as remember going there as a child to swim .it was Baltic in the water though .:wink:

Ha ha. The Forth is always freezing regardless of the time of year.

Jim44
17-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Not quite Jim - nearly but we're not quite there although we've been working hard at it over the last couple of months.

According to the facts and league figures for the last umpteen matches, I am sure we are technically the worst team in the Premiership.

Not the most positive Hibby are you Jimbo?

No. I need to see even the minutest sign that we are capable of putting up a fight. Sadly, I can't see it. I think also that there are a few even more pessimistic Hibbys around these parts. :greengrin

Jim44
17-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Getting back to the topic of them lying down, the Jambo Houdini act might work in our favour because Locke can't afford any slip-ups if he is to stand any chance of keeping his job.

Eyrie
17-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Getting back to the topic of them lying down, the Jambo Houdini act might work in our favour because Locke can't afford any slip-ups if he is to stand any chance of keeping his job.

Seems that the players will be doing their best to keep him in a job (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27068779). Or maybe Stevenson just likes having a designated driver around?

Billy Whizz
17-04-2014, 07:46 PM

And I think the players will be playing for a contract, now that the club's future is seemingly secured

SouthamptonHibs
18-04-2014, 06:26 AM
I think hearts will loose 4 of 5 games in bottom six. Let's guess which game they won't loose?

kentao
19-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Win next week for them will have them level on points with us if you take the points deduction away.

Hibs are an absolute shambles. Get the youth team in who are full of confidence and competing at the right end of the table. Fans will give them more backing than the wasters who have been pretending to be professional footballers.

In current form we deserve to go down only chance we have to save our skin is a huge game against ross county.