PDA

View Full Version : 2 up top

EastCalderHibby
09-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Please Mr Butcher could we have 2 up front on Saturday as we really need a win , could you also give kt a start
as nobody else knows how to put in a challenge these days
need a strong side out . ggtth

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Ronniekirk
09-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Please Mr Butcher could we have 2 up front on Saturday as we really need a win , could you also give kt a start
as nobody else knows how to put in a challenge these days
need a strong side out . ggtth

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

No point in putting two up top on Saturday

We aren't playing:wink:

EastCalderHibby
09-04-2014, 10:00 PM

:top marks you are so right i forgot it was free week i'm a ( tit )

Ronniekirk
09-04-2014, 10:11 PM
:top marks you are so right i forgot it was free week i'm a ( tit )

On the positive side we won't get beat.,and you can post it again next week If Heff is still out with groin strain the problem is we don't have a combination that can play with each other effectively .
If he opts to bring Hayes back in him and Collins haven't linked up well and neither looks a natural finisher. Cummings and handling both played for under 20 s team and both scored but in an important game do you risk two young players who have between them two first team goal .Probably not .
You could continue and still not come up with a combo .

Hibercelona
10-04-2014, 04:10 AM

We still wouldn't score, even if we did put a team out. :greengrin

patch1875
10-04-2014, 06:39 AM
The only game I've thought we played well this season was the 2-0 at ER against st mirren heffernan and Collins upfront.

California-Hibs
10-04-2014, 08:08 AM
We played very well in the 3-0 home win against Kilmarnock.

Keith_M
10-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Is this our new tactic for getting a win, don't tell St Mirren the game is on and we get awarded the points because they dIdn't turn up?

:thumbsup:

hibeesboii
10-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Do cummings and handling play together for u20s? why not try them up top? No worse than collins on his own

patlowe
10-04-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm not sure we NEED to win; we definitely can't afford to lose so I can't see us going for the jugular, if that's even possible with this Hibs team.

This whole argument seems to have gone full circle now and it almost sounds cliched to say it, but one up top does not have to be defensive, it's all about the personnel. Whether we have the personnel to play it well is a different question but I'm not sure playing two up front is going to solve our problems at this point.

Thecat23
10-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm not sure we NEED to win; we definitely can't afford to lose so I can't see us going for the jugular, if that's even possible with this Hibs team.

This whole argument seems to have gone full circle now and it almost sounds cliched to say it, but one up top does not have to be defensive, it's all about the personnel. Whether we have the personnel to play it well is a different question but I'm not sure playing two up front is going to solve our problems at this point.

The way Hibs are playing we are offering no support to James upfront. The gap between midfield and him on Monday night was as long as the royal mile. We can't play one up front when our midfield isn't pressing up the park or the wide players are so far back.

For me he must play with 2 up front and have a go. Cummings and Collins for me. If it's one again we will get done over.

TB wants to get the ball up quickly sadly when it's hoofed up the park it's 4 on 1 with Collins with no support. We do not have the players to play 4-5-1 and win games on a consistent basis.

number 27
10-04-2014, 01:09 PM
The problem with going 2 up front is that it leaves the rest of the team looking weak and exposed. it is hard to think of a convincing midfield 4 that wont leave our defence under pressure. It is amazing to think that it is not long since we were concerned about having too many defensive mids when now we seem to have no one in there to inspire any confidence at all.

That said I think we have to go for it, St Mirren are a team who can be scored against and I think we will have to score because I am not confident of a clean sheet.

lugz
10-04-2014, 01:11 PM
The problem with going 2 up front is that it leaves the rest of the team looking weak and exposed. it is hard to think of a convincing midfield 4 that wont leave our defence under pressure. It is amazing to think that it is not long since we were concerned about having too many defensive mids when now we seem to have no one in there to inspire any confidence at all.

That said I think we have to go for it, St Mirren are a team who can be scored against and I think we will have to score because I am not confident of a clean sheet.

I think we should play 2 wingers 2 holding midfielders and 2 strikers.

watmore Thomson robertson/taiwo Harris

Brightside
10-04-2014, 01:17 PM
A nice week off will be just the ticket for some of the players. They are prob on a booze cruise now!

Saturdays Hero
10-04-2014, 01:25 PM
A nice week off will be just the ticket for some of the players. They are prob on a booze cruise now!

Who in the team hits the bevy ?? Evidence please not rumours ?? Pics would be even better !!

Keith_M
10-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Who in the team hits the bevy ?? Evidence please not rumours ?? Pics would be even better !!

Is that you Maurice?

Pray4Marc
10-04-2014, 01:33 PM
Jason Cummings is not the answer, well out of his depth.

Needs experience on loan and to build up physically.

If we score 1st next week we will win.

Paloschi
10-04-2014, 01:36 PM
Collins and Heffernan should be up top for me. Only sign of a decent combination this season!

Cummings with a full pre-season behind him next year should see him push for a spot soon enough. Handling needs to go out on loan next year IMO.

hibeesboii
10-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Do cummings and handling play together for u20s? why not try them up top? No worse than collins on his own