PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Had One of These Emails?

TornadoHibby
09-04-2014, 07:26 PM
I can hardly believe that it now looks like we may be about to be emailed by Admin at Hibs.net to advise us that another user has commented on one of our posts rather than us finding out by viewing the post that we had made if we were in the slightest bit interested in someone responding a day or two later on?

Here's what I received:-

"On 9 Apr 2014, at 19:09, "hibs.net Messageboard" <admin.team@hibs.net> wrote:
>
> Dear TornadoHibby,
>
> sleeping giant has quoted you!
>
> -----------
>
> ---Quote (Originally by TornadoHibby)---
> Quite incredible!!
>
> Please share your "insight" re KT with us poor mortals who blindly only see
what is in front of us?
> ---End Quote---
> What's incredible ? The fact that I don't hold him in as high regard as you
obviously do ?
> -----------
>
> You can view the full post here: http://www.hibs.net/showpost.php?p=3965857
>
> To see a full list of quotes, click here: http://www.hibs.net/usertag.php?do=profilenotif&tab=quotes
>
> All the best,
> hibs.net Messageboard"

Must be a large number of Admins on duty with nothing better to do if this process has not been automated!! :greengrin :wink:

If it has been automated, then I suspect that large numbers of us will simply stop posting on the Forums if our email inboxes are to be spammed in this kind of way! :confused::agree:

Glory Lurker
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
I can hardly believe that it now looks like we may be about to be emailed by Admin at Hibs.net to advise us that another user has commented on one of our posts rather than us finding out by viewing the post that we had made if we were in the slightest bit interested in someone responding a day or two later on?

>
> Dear TornadoHibby,
>
>
> -----------
>
> Quite incredible!!
>
what is in front of us?
> ---End Quote---
obviously do ?
> -----------
>
>
> To see a full list of quotes, click here: http://www.hibs.net/usertag.php?do=profilenotif&tab=quotes
>
> All the best,
> hibs.net Messageboard"

Must be a large number of Admins on duty with nothing better to do if this process has not been automated!! :greengrin :wink:

If it has been automated, then I suspect that large numbers of us will simply stop posting on the Forums if our email inboxes are to be spammed in this kind of way! :confused::agree:

Too right! Shocker! :greengrin

jacomo
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Yes I did, and assumed I had inadvertently ticked the 'please overwhelm my email account with this too' button. Glad I've now got something else to rail against.

Hibs.net! :grr:

Mikey
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
We're on the case.

matty_f
09-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Are you happy, suggestive, confused, or agreeing with yourself?

sleeping giant
09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
@TornadoHibby :greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
I got one too, makes me feel wanted.

Haymaker
09-04-2014, 07:43 PM
It's an outrage @tornadoHibby

Beefster
09-04-2014, 07:45 PM
I hope they stop soon. 14 emails a day telling me that I'm a bell-end is destroying my self-confidence.

Diclonius
09-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Sack the board. :agree:

matty_f
09-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Weststandwannabe will be responsible for about approx 7000 of these emails from his 5 posts today. :greengrin

TornadoHibby
09-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Are you happy, suggestive, confused, or agreeing with yourself?

You should try not to be so smug mate! :greengrin

I enjoy the sanctimonious way that you seem to take joy or pleasure in trying to behave in that kind of way! :agree:

Sort of thing primary school kids do actually until they realise it's actually immature! :wink:

matty_f
09-04-2014, 07:51 PM
You should try not to be so smug mate! :greengrin

I enjoy the sanctimonious way that you seem to take joy or pleasure in trying to behave in that kind of way! :agree:

Sort of thing primary school kids do actually until they realise it's actually immature! :wink:

:faf:

TornadoHibby
09-04-2014, 07:52 PM
AHhhh....! :greengrin

All the kids are on now I see!! :greengrin

jeffers
09-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I hope they stop soon. 14 emails a day telling me that I'm a bell-end is destroying my self-confidence.

Me too, getting called a ****** on Monday by Malpas was bad enough but getting emails now is even worse !

matty_f
09-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Me too, getting called a ****** on Monday by Malpas was bad enough but getting emails now is even worse !

:tee hee:

TornadoHibby
09-04-2014, 08:02 PM
:tee hee:

Keep sending them big guy, you're blocked on my fourth string email now! :wink:

sleeping giant
09-04-2014, 08:03 PM

:hilarious

CropleyWasGod
09-04-2014, 08:03 PM

You're a bell-end.

Did that work?

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2014, 08:05 PM
What a strange thread!

matty_f
09-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Keep sending them big guy, you're blocked on my fourth string email now! :wink:

That wasn't me. :confused: etc

poolman
09-04-2014, 08:14 PM
What a strange thread!

:agree: I've no got a clue what it's about

sleeping giant
09-04-2014, 08:15 PM
:agree: I've no got a clue what it's about

You will have now :greengrin

emerald green
09-04-2014, 08:18 PM

And moi. :wink:

One Day Soon
09-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Can I call you a kn0b?

Viva_Palmeiras
09-04-2014, 08:52 PM

>
> Dear TornadoHibby,
>
>
> -----------
>
> Quite incredible!!
>
what is in front of us?
> ---End Quote---
obviously do ?
> -----------
>
>
>
> All the best,
> hibs.net Messageboard"

What if the whole message board replied? ;)

wearethehibs
09-04-2014, 09:15 PM
This is not good for someone who likes to post something controversial and then never look at the thread again haha.

matty_f
09-04-2014, 10:38 PM
Can I call you a kn0b?

I think "prick" is the widely accepted term in these parts.

FranckSuzy
09-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Weststandwannabe will be responsible for about approx 7000 of these emails from his 5 posts today. :greengrin

:faf:

Just Alf
10-04-2014, 12:01 PM
What a strange thread!

:confused:

excuses

This is not good for someone who likes to post something controversial and then never look at the thread again haha.

:thumbsup:

is this how it works?

:wink:

Hibercelona
10-04-2014, 12:06 PM
You can just use the sweep function and it will automatically ignore all emails from the address.

Mikeystewart
10-04-2014, 12:17 PM

Imagine how the Tash feels :greengrin

Keith_M
10-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I've no complaints about this new feature, it made me feel better about myself that somebody sent me an E-Mail that for once wasn't either asking for money or suggesting that my private parts are in need of assistance.

silverhibee
10-04-2014, 01:41 PM
I've no complaints about this new feature, it made me feel better about myself that somebody sent me an E-Mail that for once wasn't either asking for money or suggesting that my private parts are in need of assistance.

:thumbsup:

Captain Trips
10-04-2014, 08:05 PM

Thought I would ask anyways.