PDA

View Full Version : Refs again

JimBHibees
09-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Got to be said it looked like a certain penalty again at 1-0 on Monday. Collins clearly caught by Anderson.

For whatever reason we are getting absolutely nothing from refs.

Of course we were very poor however sometimes these sorts of decisions can change a game.

TornadoHibby
09-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Got to be said it looked like a certain penalty again at 1-0 on Monday. Collins clearly caught by Anderson.

Of course we were very poor however sometimes these sorts of decisions can change a game.

Wouldn't have made any difference to which team won the match IMO! :agree:

matty_f
09-04-2014, 07:08 AM

Totally agree. That was another potentially game changing decision against us. The second game in a row v Aberdeen that we've not had a penalty.

There's no way of knowing what impact a penalty or a goal would have had on the game at that stage. It would have given the team and the support a much needed lift so who knows?

The_Horde
09-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Starting to think the officials just hate hibs. We've got nothing from them all season and last.

Brutal

ronaldo7
09-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Said it at the game, we're getting nought from any of them at the moment. Decisions like that change games. It looks like they've circled the wagons against us. Call me an old cynic but the Thomson effect is far reaching.

We would probably need about 4 incidents like that in a game to get one at the moment.

Green Man
09-04-2014, 07:24 AM
If it's the one they showed briefly on last night's news, I didn't think it was a penalty.

JimBHibees
09-04-2014, 07:41 AM
If it's the one they showed briefly on last night's news, I didn't think it was a penalty.

The one where Anderson clearly caught Collins. See them given every week, clear contact. Thomson has obviously told all other refs Collins dives.

On another decision how massive is that penalty v the Buddies when Gollum ignored their player juggling the ball in the last minute. That 3 point swing is massive now.

JimBHibees
09-04-2014, 07:44 AM
Wouldn't have made any difference to which team won the match IMO! :agree:

it would have been nice to find out if it would have changed the game tho. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
09-04-2014, 07:48 AM
If things 'even' out, then we're in for some lovely decisions in the last 5 games.... ?

Without getting paranoid - It does feel now like every Ref/linesman hates Hibs.

I mean Forsters goal at the PBS... WTF.

We have been colin nish for weeks... but these decisions which would see us going level in a game, changes things. Players would get a bit confidence, energy from the crowd changes, etc.

matty_f
09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
If things 'even' out, then we're in for some lovely decisions in the last 5 games.... ?

We have been colin nish for weeks... but these decisions which would see us going level in a game, changes things. Players would get a bit confidence, energy from the crowd changes, etc.

:agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Maybe Liam Craig should stop nipping their heads all game.

Surely it's more productive trying to strike up a bit rapport with the refs during the game, that's certainly what I tried to do when chasing the egg. Worked a treat.

"That was classic intercourse!"

Pray4Marc
09-04-2014, 08:18 AM

It wasn't a stonewaller but I've seen them given. Personally It would have been fortunate to get. Bobby Madden is one of the better refs IMO and has given us a a lot of decisions in the past.

Beaten by 2 great strikes in the end.

heretoday
09-04-2014, 08:24 AM
It might have made a difference though I doubt it. Aberdeen hit the post twice. That would have made a difference too.

Bobby's Cinema
09-04-2014, 08:24 AM
It wasn't a stonewaller but I've seen them given. Personally It would have been fortunate to get. Bobby Madden is one of the better refs IMO and has given us a a lot of decisions in the past.

Beaten by 2 great strikes in the end.
I thought he was the best ref we've had this season. Let alot of stuff go in the middle of the park, makes for a better game

hibbysam
09-04-2014, 08:40 AM
First half also when Collins lobbed the keeper, he is played onside by the Left back... Not as easy a decision but a wrong one all the same, whether he would have scored or not is another question.

delbert
09-04-2014, 09:23 AM
First half also when Collins lobbed the keeper, he is played onside by the Left back... Not as easy a decision but a wrong one all the same, whether he would have scored or not is another question.

Collins was offside by at least a yard on this one

hibbysam
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Collins was offside by at least a yard on this one

Not if you watch the BBC replay where the left back is well behind Anderson! Lines on the pitch again show Collins level with the left back... He is a yard past Anderson!

Pray4Marc
09-04-2014, 10:29 AM

It was some finish from Collins. More of the same in Paisley.

Pray4Marc
09-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I thought he was the best ref we've had this season. Let alot of stuff go in the middle of the park, makes for a better game

Completely agree. Let the game flow, here's hoping we get him or Brines in the derby. #Penalty

Jones28
09-04-2014, 10:32 AM
The PBS goal aside, I think it only feels that we are getting nothing from the refs because we are getting nothing else from the players.

Aldo
09-04-2014, 10:35 AM
It wasn't a stonewaller but I've seen them given. Personally It would have been fortunate to get. Bobby Madden is one of the better refs IMO and has given us a a lot of decisions in the past. Beaten by 2 great strikes in the end.

If that had happened anywhere else on the pitch the ref would of blown for a foul simple as that.

BurghHibby
09-04-2014, 10:36 AM

Ref's have been brutal since the recent "complaint" to the media by Tomf (I think it was him), not that I'm blaming Tomf as I think it needed to be done.
But it's no coincidence that we've had nowt since!

Hibercelona
09-04-2014, 10:43 AM
When you're pish, decisions just never seem to go for you.

When they barely get into the opposition box but a player goes down on one of the rare occasions that theyre in the box, then its easier for the referee to assume that a dive occured out of desperation, if he didn't have a clear enough view of the contact.

It's not fair, but that's what happens.

GREEN WARLORD
09-04-2014, 10:53 AM
When you're pish, decisions just never seem to go for you.

When they barely get into the opposition box but a player goes down on one of the rare occasions that theyre in the box, then its easier for the referee to assume that a dive occured out of desperation, if he didn't have a clear enough view of the contact.

It's not fair, but that's what happens.
They are supposed to make a correct decision, not assume.

Hibercelona
09-04-2014, 11:00 AM
They are supposed to make a correct decision, not assume.

Referee's aren't robots. A lot of their decisions are based on assumption, because a lot of the time, thats all they have to go on.

Refereeing decisions are often instinctive, as are the decisions that players make on the park as well.

Speedy
09-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Not if you watch the BBC replay where the left back is well behind Anderson! Lines on the pitch again show Collins level with the left back... He is a yard past Anderson!

This.

The camera angle isn't very good but I think he's probably just onside.

clerriehibs
09-04-2014, 11:07 AM

And when we don't get a decision, we don't protest enough. I don't know if it's lack of fight, or club policy, but if we're not in the officials' faces, then they're under no pressure to make sure the next one's right or maybe 'evens out' the previous bad one.