PDA

View Full Version : Hillsborough Memorial Service

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Is anyone on here attending the service at Anfield on Tuesday? I will be there taking both my Liverpool & Hibs scarves with me. I can't believe it will be 25 years!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Is anyone on here attending the service at Anfield on Tuesday? I will be there taking both my Liverpool & Hibs scarves with me. I can't believe it will be 25 years!

Unfortunately not, gutted I can't make it. Hope my Hibs scarf is still at the memorial outside the stadium. LFC!

emerald green
08-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Good mate. 25 years - I remember it like it was yesterday.

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Unfortunately not, gutted I can't make it. Hope my Hibs scarf is still at the memorial outside the stadium. LFC!

There will be thousands of scarves from clubs all over UK & Europe laid on the pitch in the form of 96.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Can't make it, but remember the day as if it was yesterday, and where I was when I saw the scenes

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2014, 07:41 PM
There will be thousands of scarves from clubs all over UK & Europe laid on the pitch in the form of 96.

YNWA! :thumbsup: :top marks

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm Man United, but some things transcend rivalry. It's great the service will be held in the context of the truth having been revealed, which will surely mean the world the families. I remember our school assembly on the Monday morning after the tragedy being a tribute to the victims.

tartanhibee
08-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I was only 10 at the time I remember the minutes silence the day after when we played Celtic.

JFT96

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Also being broadcast live to Goodison Park.

mca
08-04-2014, 08:50 PM
I was 15 and left Scotland after my dad died in 87.. - we were living near Doncaster at the time - and when this game came up just along the road at Sheffield... I so wanted to go and support Kenny`s Hero's.. My mum wouldn't let me go and I called her for allsorts.. I SO wanted to see Liverpool play that day... I was outraged !!!

Having watched Sheff Weds a few times - the leppings lane was probably where I was heading..

Justice for the 96.. :agree:

Ronniekirk
08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
I was 15 and left Scotland after my dad died in 87.. - we were living near Doncaster at the time - and when this game came up just along the road at Sheffield... I so wanted to go and support Kenny`s Hero's.. My mum wouldn't let me go and I called her for allsorts.. I SO wanted to see Liverpool play that day... I was outraged !!!

Having watched Sheff Weds a few times - the leppings lane was probably where I was heading..

Justice will hopefully now be done ,but like so many police cover ups ,the scale on which this was allowed to happen and the length the families have had to go to undercover it when conveniently some of those that rose to the top of their profession are now retired is as corrupt as it can get .There are times when the whole system kicks in to protect vested interests .It truly makes me sick
The families involved haven't had enough credit for the work and time they have put in to get to where they have .But the club stuck by them and bucked the trend by keeping the issue to the fore .

Scouse Hibee
08-04-2014, 09:09 PM

I was 21 and only went into the stand rather than the Leppings Lane terracing because of the awful crushing I had experienced the year before on the Terracing at the same venue against the same opponents. Thankfully everyone on our bus made it back, but those memories still bring tears to my eyes every time I watch footage. JFT96

Stax
08-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Won't be there in person but will be there in thought. The drawn out campaign for justice of the families of the 96 is inspirational irrespective of team loyalties and transcends football. The cover up that followed up to the highest level is a national disgrace. Trying to explain to my 11 yr old son the events of that day and the aftermath are met with total amazement.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-04-2014, 10:29 AM
I was 21 and only went into the stand rather than the Leppings Lane terracing because of the awful crushing I had experienced the year before on the Terracing at the same venue against the same opponents. Thankfully everyone on our bus made it back, but those memories still bring tears to my eyes every time I watch footage. JFT96

We've discussed this before mate and I was in the stand opposite the tunnel. Wont be heading down but will be watching on tv. Its quite scary that its 25 years on since that fateful day.

The Harp
09-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Also being broadcast live to Goodison Park.

I wish you well SH. My late dad (died in '78) was a Scouser and Evertonian - he would have mourned as much as anyone if he'd been around when Hillsborough happened.

green day
10-04-2014, 06:09 AM
We've discussed this before mate and I was in the stand opposite the tunnel. Wont be heading down but will be watching on tv. Its quite scary that its 25 years on since that fateful day.

I was in the main stand (opposite you) having been in the spion cop the year before.

I can't really remember much that happened when I was in my early 20s - but that day is etched in the memory forever.

Very quiet car driving back to Edinburgh.

chinaman
10-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Justice will hopefully now be done ,but like so many police cover ups ,the scale on which this was allowed to happen and the length the families have had to go to undercover it when conveniently some of those that rose to the top of their profession are now retired is as corrupt as it can get .There are times when the whole system kicks in to protect vested interests .It truly makes me sick
The families involved haven't had enough credit for the work and time they have put in to get to where they have .But the club stuck by them and bucked the trend by keeping the issue to the fore .
Top post

sven nil
10-04-2014, 06:51 AM
I was 21 and only went into the stand rather than the Leppings Lane terracing because of the awful crushing I had experienced the year before on the Terracing at the same venue against the same opponents. Thankfully everyone on our bus made it back, but those memories still bring tears to my eyes every time I watch footage. JFT96 Feel for you bud! The truth will help you,

emerald green
10-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I hope all those involved in the disgraceful lies which appeared the Sun "newspaper" following the disaster are ashamed of themselves listening to the evidence being heard at the Hillsborough enquiry.

Hibernia&Alba
10-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I hope all those involved in the disgraceful lies which appeared the Sun "newspaper" following the disaster are ashamed of themselves listening to the evidence being heard at the Hillsborough enquiry.

The likes of Kelvin McKenzie have no shame.

leggeto
10-04-2014, 08:34 PM

my dad hasn't bought the sun since that,I was 13 and remembering watching on the tv,very sad scenes,nobody seemed to know what was going on,credit to the relatives for pushing on for the truth,they will get it and those responsible will go down

emerald green
11-04-2014, 08:05 AM
The likes of Kelvin McKenzie have no shame.

:agree:

emerald green
11-04-2014, 08:06 AM
my dad hasn't bought the sun since that,I was 13 and remembering watching on the tv,very sad scenes,nobody seemed to know what was going on,credit to the relatives for pushing on for the truth,they will get it and those responsible will go down

:agree: