PDA

View Full Version : Tiring

Unseen work
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry some of this chat and these threads are getting tiring now.

I thought we actually done not bad last night for playing the 2nd best team in the league, the scored 2 screamers and we should of had a pen. Up until their 2nd I thought we looked the better team in the 2nd half.

Butcher says they worked on shape and attacking with heffernan I the team this week, nothing he can do when he gets injured in the warm up and that's his game plan out the window!

The fans need to stop all the booing at half time/missed place passes etc, it's embarrassing and gives the other team a lift. You can actually tell some of the players are nervous to try something risky as they know what the outcome will be if it fails.

Right now we are not united, it's currently Hibernian av fans, we've got to stick together to get out of this

Stevie Reid
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM
You make some good points, but the sad fact is that the supporters can only take so much.

Fenlon did his best but when he left, we were disjointed. Butcher was brought in to unite the club and get better results - yet he has managed to alienate a large portion of the playing staff and the support now seems to be heading the same way, all whilst currently having a record that must be the worst ever for a Hibs manager.

People are worried because, outwith Hearts, we have more reason to be worried than any other SPL team at the moment. Momentum is vital at this point of the season, and we are going in the opposite direction to all of our bottom 6 rivals - anyone finishing in the top 4 of the Championship will also be on an upwards curve at the moment.

We can't score and we can't keep clean sheets, so we can't win games - if we don't win any more this season, we will be relegated.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 11:53 AM
That's why managers have a plan B, incase plan A falls through.

We weren't the better team at any point. Aberdeen had nothing to be worried about the entire game and even if Heffernan was fit, I doubt it would have made much of a difference anyway, as he would have been the one lacking service in Collins place.

I don't think its the case of the booing giving the other team a lift, I think it's a case of it putting our own players down. But thats where they need to show more character and prove that they're professional enough to deal with that pressure and channel it into their performance.

JustSimplyHibs
08-04-2014, 12:07 PM

I thought we actually done not bad last night for playing the 2nd best team in the league, the scored 2 screamers and we should of had a pen. Up until their 2nd I thought we looked the better team in the 2nd half.

Butcher says they worked on shape and attacking with heffernan I the team this week, nothing he can do when he gets injured in the warm up and that's his game plan out the window!

The fans need to stop all the booing at half time/missed place passes etc, it's embarrassing and gives the other team a lift. You can actually tell some of the players are nervous to try something risky as they know what the outcome will be if it fails.

Right now we are not united, it's currently Hibernian av fans, we've got to stick together to get out of this

Agreed...

Another two excellent strikes beats us again - like Willo Flood.

Even although we never worked their keeper (no goal threat in attack), Williams only picked the ball out the net.

We even tried to pass the ball out from the back, Neilson was only hoofed the ball a handful of times - compared to two handfuls, electing to pass the ball the out!!!!!

Harris was the best he's been this season - just wish one of the experienced players would say to him "pass it"... Stanton, Forster, Stevenson were all decent.

Think its safe to there is no place for Craig, Cairney, Tawio - all too slow in every aspect of the game, Collins - ha and if Hefferman is injured again (certainly jogged off and had a word with Butcher alright) then its time to say goodbye to him.

But i thought, result aside, we were pretty decent at times, just need to work harder at getting the ball back.

Unseen work
08-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Actually thought taiwo was good tbh, like him as a player

Bobby's Cinema
08-04-2014, 12:10 PM
Agreed...

Even although we never worked their keeper (no goal threat in attack), Williams only picked the ball out the net.

We even tried to pass the ball out from the back, Neilson was only hoofed the ball a handful of times - compared to two handfuls, electing to pass the ball the out!!!!!

Harris was the best he's been this season - just wish one of the experienced players would say to him "pass it"... Stanton, Forster, Stevenson were all decent.

Think its safe to there is no place for Craig, Cairney, Tawio - all too slow in every aspect of the game, Collins - ha and if Hefferman is injured again (certainly jogged off and had a word with Butcher alright) then its time to say goodbye to him.

But i thought, result aside, we were pretty decent at times, just need to work harder at getting the ball back.
:faf: Cannot agree with that. We were nowhere near it, all over the pitch. You said it yourself, Aberdeen keeper never tested.

Sammy7nil
08-04-2014, 12:17 PM
:faf: Cannot agree with that. We were nowhere near it, all over the pitch. You said it yourself, Aberdeen keeper never tested.

Have to agree if we were "not too bad" we were also close to dire.
Not one meaniful effort on goal in the last 3 games suggests we are a long way off being not too bad.

jacomo
08-04-2014, 12:18 PM
You make some good points, but the sad fact is that the supporters can only take so much.

Fenlon did his best but when he left, we were disjointed. Butcher was brought in to unite the club and get better results - yet he has managed to alienate a large portion of the playing staff and the support now seems to be heading the same way, all whilst currently having a record that must be the worst ever for a Hibs manager.

People are worried because, outwith Hearts, we have more reason to be worried than any other SPL team at the moment. Momentum is vital at this point of the season, and we are going in the opposite direction to all of our bottom 6 rivals - anyone finishing in the top 4 of the Championship will also be on an upwards curve at the moment.

We can't score and we can't keep clean sheets, so we can't win games - if we don't win any more this season, we will be relegated.

We were disjointed when he joined.

There is no question in my mind that the atmosphere at ER is not helping the team - before anyone gets hysterical, I am not saying that the supporters are to blame for this mess, just that the general malaise isn't helping.

Had this season not been yet another car crash, we could have dismissed last night's result as a bad day at the office against a form team, and moved on.

The_Horde
08-04-2014, 12:29 PM
An equaliser? That would've been a mere consolation if not for the width of the post on 2 occasions.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:36 PM
;3963793']An equaliser? That would've been a mere consolation if not for the width of the post on 2 occasions.

The post had a great game.

Stevie Reid
08-04-2014, 12:41 PM
We were disjointed when he joined.

There is no question in my mind that the atmosphere at ER is not helping the team - before anyone gets hysterical, I am not saying that the supporters are to blame for this mess, just that the general malaise isn't helping.

Had this season not been yet another car crash, we could have dismissed last night's result as a bad day at the office against a form team, and moved on.

I appreciate that very much - I defended Pat for as long as I could, and for half of his only full season we looked much more together as a club. It was time to go when he did, though.

In the New Year derby we showed guts, determination, and no little skill to beat Hearts in front of a sold out ER - to get from there to where we are now is astonishing, and Butcher has gotten so many things wrong in the last few weeks it's frightening.

I first started to worry after the Raith game where he did absolutely nothing to try and counter the problems that they caused us for the whole 90 minutes in that game - he looked like he had no answers at all. The last time we played well over a couple of matches was when we drew 1-1 away at Killie and then beat RC at home - we were hanging on a bit at the end of the County game, but we created a good number of chances. Taiwo and Stanton were in midfield - both scored - and Danny Handling was up front. We created things because of Stanton (in particular) and Handling's desire to get on the ball in the final third and try to make things happen.

In our next game against Dundee Utd he dropped Handling for Craig, stuck Stanton up front off Haynes, and we resorted to punting aimless high balls again - all creativity gone and a player dropped for no reason, to accommodate a guy we had been doing better without. Since then Butcher hasn't gotten a single thing right, and the constant cycle of changes every week may well send us down.

SlickShoes
08-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Aberdeen hit the post twice when they really should have scored. We were not beaten by wonder strikes, the first goal Williams was too far off his line and the second McGinn was in Acres of space although it was a good quick finish.

We didn't have a single shot on target, we didn't create any chances bar 1 or 2 horrible shots from range.

Pete
08-04-2014, 02:13 PM

Yep. Very tiring.

I blame computer games as now every Joe Bloggs thinks they are Jose Mourinho because they can get S****horpe playing 4-4-2. It's a shame they don't have access to the training ground or the dressing room.

Don't worry, a win against St. Mirren will probably stop it all such is their fickle nature.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Aberdeen never really got out of 2nd gear either. I dread to think what the result would have been had they put their foot on the gas.

It seemed to me that they were doing just enough to win the game, while avoiding knocks and injuries.

Thats how easy we are to beat at the moment.

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Good post - worrying when we don't have a single shot on target at home - that should never happen.

TAHibby
08-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Aberdeen really didn't have to do much at all. They passed the ball around with ease and for the most part would just wait for a mistake/hoof from us to regain possession. We didn't cause them any trouble whatsoever where it actually matters, proved by a grand sum of 0 shots on target.

leither17
08-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Aberdeen never really got out of 2nd gear either. I dread to think what the result would have been had they put their foot on the gas.

It seemed to me that they were doing just enough to win the game, while avoiding knocks and injuries.

Thats how easy we are to beat at the moment.

Flood Robson McGinn and Reynolds all strolled the game never broke a sweat

emerald green
08-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Agreed...

This post just goes to show how much opinions can differ! Sorry, but I thought Hibs were rank rotten last night. The sheep could easily have been 3 or 4 nil up at half time were it not for the woodwork. If that had happened, I think Hibs would have collapsed. I walked out before the end, and I assure you the chat from lots of other Hibs fans who had also left early more or less was the same as I'm saying here. Hibs, as a team cannot defend, no guile or bite in midfield, and toothless up front. A shambles. Aberdeen never looked like conceding a goal at any point in the game. I don't think we had a shot worth talking about on target did we? Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I've said elsewhere, I hate posting negative stuff, but it's time for everyone at Hibs to get real. Don't boo the players. It only makes matters worse.

Hibrandenburg
09-04-2014, 06:28 AM
Some decent debate on this thread. What's pissing me off the most at present is how bitchy fans are slating each other for their opinions on other threads. Our own online gurus and covert Yams are making this site unbearable.

AlbertK86
09-04-2014, 06:38 AM

Yep all players along with Rooney who we were strongly linked to but all ended up at the Dons.

All seasoned professionals with a professional attitude that would have helped Stanton Forster Harris and the other youngsters at our club develop.

Instead we go for unknown or middle of the road journeyman to save a few bob because from the results we get it looks like we have no ambition and nobody that really gives a **** running the club.

Are we that unattractive a club to play for these days or was it purely down to our strict wage structure.

JustSimplyHibs
09-04-2014, 09:13 AM
This post just goes to show how much opinions can differ! Sorry, but I thought Hibs were rank rotten last night. The sheep could easily have been 3 or 4 nil up at half time were it not for the woodwork. If that had happened, I think Hibs would have collapsed. I walked out before the end, and I assure you the chat from lots of other Hibs fans who had also left early more or less was the same as I'm saying here. Hibs, as a team cannot defend, no guile or bite in midfield, and toothless up front. A shambles. Aberdeen never looked like conceding a goal at any point in the game. I don't think we had a shot worth talking about on target did we? Please correct me if I'm wrong. As I've said elsewhere, I hate posting negative stuff, but it's time for everyone at Hibs to get real. Don't boo the players. It only makes matters worse.

Very true...

I'm very real about the situ as I'm pretty sure 100% of the fans are real as-well

Keep the young boys and the likes of Collins, Cairney, Craig, Hefferman, Tawio, McGirven, Neilson, (these are the players letting the side down) can GTF... Far too slow in all ways (there is more to that list).

The positives i was trying to take was, Harris seems to have got a bit of confidence, Stanton tried to play but with slow players around him he struggles, Stevenson had that dig about him as per, Forster i feel sorry for being stuck with the like of Neilson, McGirven or having Cairney in front of him....

Another positive when we HAD the ball at the back we tried to at least pass the ball out instead of the usual hoofing from Neilson, McGirven... Even Sideshow Tom tried a forward pass!!!!

Loads a negatives - but i'm not choosing to dwell on them as they are the same every week (no high press, to slow at seeing the pass, backing out of 50/50s) and until you get shot of the afore mentioned 'experienced' players, it will not change.

Being REAL! Yes there are problems for example our slow experienced players can not get near opposition players - and, in 35 years of following Hibs - this is the worst (even Duffy's team would pump this lot!) but surely it cant get any worse!!!!

Pretty Boy
09-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Are people really suggesting a game in which we did not muster a single shot on target, and a whopping 4 off target, is now not bad?

We had a couple of decent spells for 5/10 minutes when we actually tried to get it down and pass it but that was it. The lack of support for Collins was chronic and the number of times a player looked to cross and had to check back because no one was getting forward was frightening. That is, of course, when they weren't floating balls into the box to nobody. Our set pieces, except one corner, were poor and how Craig still takes most of them is beyond me. Our movement is still non existent, when Aberdeen had possession they had options and men flooding forward to support Rooney, we started to resort to hoofball again because no one wanted the ball.

Aberdeen barely got out of 2nd gear, Barry Robson played like he was out for a Sunday afternoon stroll whilst Willo Flood completely bossed the midfield. If that wasn't bad then I'm far more worried than I was.

GreenArmyyy!
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM
I understand you want to be positive and I completely agree that it is the way forward because our club needs us but to say we did not bad last night is a bit silly. We were absolutely terrible. Made one chance at home in the whole game and couldn't string two passes together. I actually thought it was one of our worst performances for a couple of years, so much so that I left early for the first time since that final.

Jones28
09-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Yep all players along with Rooney who we were strongly linked to but all ended up at the Dons.

All seasoned professionals with a professional attitude that would have helped Stanton Forster Harris and the other youngsters at our club develop.

Instead we go for unknown or middle of the road journeyman to save a few bob because from the results we get it looks like we have no ambition and nobody that really gives a **** running the club.

Are we that unattractive a club to play for these days or was it purely down to our strict wage structure.

Define "linked", cos I didn't hear us linked with anyone who ended up at Aberdeen other than Rooney.

jeffers
09-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Define "linked", cos I didn't hear us linked with anyone who ended up at Aberdeen other than Rooney.

I can only comment on Barry Robson. I believe PF enquired about him when he was at Middlesbrough but his wage demands were too high. I can only assume he lowered them to sign for Aberdeen, I would be amazed if they were paying him the figure quoted to us.

marinello59
09-04-2014, 01:16 PM
I can only comment on Barry Robson. I believe PF enquired about him when he was at Middlesbrough but his wage demands were too high. I can only assume he lowered them to sign for Aberdeen, I would be amazed if they were paying him the figure quoted to us.

Robson is from inverurie so I would imagine he would have been a bit more flexible with his local team.

jeffers
09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Robson is from inverurie so I would imagine he would have been a bit more flexible with his local team.

Yeah M59 I have no doubt. I can't remember if he was released early from his contract with M'brough, if so I'd imagine that would have had an impact on his demands too, whereas he was still under contract with them when PF enquired.

The_Horde
09-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Did Robson not go to America after boro and then to abersheep?

Cropley10
09-04-2014, 01:38 PM

And Anderson.

Lucky Aberdeen having players of that quality in their team.

Thanks Pat. And thanks Rod

Cropley10
09-04-2014, 01:40 PM

If it wasn't for our strict wage structure that only allows us to sign journeymen then the Company that runs the Club wouldn't be doing nearly so well.

Cropley10
09-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Very true...

I'm very real about the situ as I'm pretty sure 100% of the fans are real as-well

Keep the young boys and the likes of Collins, Cairney, Craig, Hefferman, Tawio, McGirven, Neilson, (these are the players letting the side down) can GTF... Far too slow in all ways (there is more to that list).

The positives i was trying to take was, Harris seems to have got a bit of confidence, Stanton tried to play but with slow players around him he struggles, Stevenson had that dig about him as per, Forster i feel sorry for being stuck with the like of Neilson, McGirven or having Cairney in front of him....

Another positive when we HAD the ball at the back we tried to at least pass the ball out instead of the usual hoofing from Neilson, McGirven... Even Sideshow Tom tried a forward pass!!!!

Loads a negatives - but i'm not choosing to dwell on them as they are the same every week (no high press, to slow at seeing the pass, backing out of 50/50s) and until you get shot of the afore mentioned 'experienced' players, it will not change.

Being REAL! Yes there are problems for example our slow experienced players can not get near opposition players - and, in 35 years of following Hibs - this is the worst (even Duffy's team would pump this lot!) but surely it cant get any worse!!!!

McGivern is a hate figure but was not at fault for either goal and is a better CH than LB.

EastCalderHibby
09-04-2014, 09:17 PM

some good points
but it's not the miss placed passes or even the ***** hoofball that annoy's me it is the FACT that we dont tackle the players with the ball
we just run along beside them like kids do I think STEVENSON was the only one doing it oh and that so called 2nd best team has lost 3 times to the *****

Jonnyboy
09-04-2014, 09:21 PM
McGivern is a hate figure but was not at fault for either goal and is a better CH than LB.

I beg to differ, Cropley. He did his usual backing off, backing off routine which allowed them to get the ball easily into the danger area.

BTW, I don't hate McGivern, I just don't rate him very highly at the moment :agree: