08-04-2014, 09:38 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/o0xsuv.png

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:38 AM

Brilliant. :D

Michael
08-04-2014, 09:39 AM
I don't get this. What's anyone else going to do?

Could argue he's made mistakes with hiring managers, but apart from that...?

matty_f
08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
#embarrassing

What's embarrassing is 2 home wins this year. What's embarrassing is watching that team trying to play some form of the sport known as football but failing miserably.
What's embarrassing is seeing teams consistently coming to Easter Road and taking the pish out of us.
What's embarrassing is no wins in eight games and the very real prospect of going into a play off to stay in the division.
What's embarrassing is that this situation has been coming for years and we've still not managed to steer the ship away from the iceberg.
#petrieout

easty
#whatever

#hashtagsareforbairns

Pretty Boy

He's been in the job, or a job, at Hibs for well over a decade.

He has done a lot of good but things have gotten stale and we seem to lurch from one disaster to another at the moment. A fresh, dynamic approach at the top would energise the whole club.

Islington Hibs
Petrie out. Time for a change. #petrieout

Think it is time for a change. 10 years at the top is more than enough.

It isn't likely to happen though as he owns 10% of the company and STF seems to have complete confidence for some unknown reason.

Lots of decent stewardship but lack of vision and unable to inspire confidence or managerial stability. Time to go and be replaced by someone more determined rather than relying on marketing and spin.

Hermit Crab
How about backing a players revolt against Collins and refusing to sign players on permanent deals and only sanctioning loans. He has no ambition to take this club forward. We need someone who has ambition and want the club to succeed in the league. Not settle for the lower half of the table and occasional cup final appearance. #petrieout

Weir7
08-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Spot on

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:44 AM
#hashtagsareforbairns

:D

matty_f

He has done a lot of good but things have gotten stale and we seem to lurch from one disaster to another at the moment. A fresh, dynamic approach at the top would energise the whole club.

Spot on. Petrie has done some terrific work for the football club but it's time for change.

Saorsa
#hashtagsareforbairnsquite agree :aok:

#embarrassing

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:45 AM
I hope the board read this forum, links should be emailed to show them to exactly how the fans feel about the club and management and boardroom staff. They'd Poop bricks if they seen all this and maybe get the finger out.

Weir7
08-04-2014, 09:45 AM
#embarrassing

No state of our club is embarrassing

leggeto
08-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Lets wait and see what happens next season with terrys team and if its another failure then fair enough maybe time to step down

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Lets wait and see what happens next season with terrys team and if its another failure then fair enough maybe time to step down

4-5 failures in a row speak volumes. Unwilling to back his managers financially and verbally and publicly says a lot.

NatureBoy
08-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Fully agree, sick of forking out for a season ticket to feel miserable! If the board showed half the desire of the fans, we wouldn't be in this position! Sadly the just don't care so long as we renew, enough is surely enough. Something has to change before the soul of the club is ripped out for good!

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Fully agree, sick of forking out for a season ticket to feel miserable! If the board showed half the desire of the fans, we wouldn't be in this position! Sadly the just don't care so long as we renew, enough is surely enough. Something has to change before the soul of the club is ripped out for good!

Correct but nothing will change unless we, the fans act.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
For the umpteenth time..

As long as Tom Farmer owns Hibs Petrie will be there.

:rolleyes:

Michael
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM

But on the pitch, a football team is only as good as the players it has. If a new chairman came in, the budget would still be the same. And, it's up to the manager to tell the chairman which players he thinks would do the best for the club within that budget.

So, what would actually be different?

Paloschi
08-04-2014, 09:51 AM
HE MUST GO!

Collins Revolt, Mixu, Calderclown, 5-1, Fenlon, bottom 6, 0-7 (Malmo), Butcher, Fighting relegation.... all his legacy.

Yes we have a training centre, a top quality stadium but the what the fans should really want is a successful team. PETRIE OUT.

Steve-O
08-04-2014, 09:52 AM

Show some leadership instead of the token "the manager has complete control" and leave it be. Especially when the management is clueless.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:54 AM
HE MUST GO!

Collins Revolt, Mixu, Calderclown, 5-1, Fenlon, bottom 6, 0-7 (Malmo), Butcher, Fighting relegation.... all his legacy.

Yes we have a training centre, a top quality stadium but the what the fans should really want is a successful team. PETRIE OUT.

Add John Hughes to that list.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I want him out. Mans a waste of space!

Hiber-nation
08-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all you've done Rod. A lot of it was very good.

But it's time to go now, we need far, far more than you can produce.

MurrayfieldHibs
08-04-2014, 10:03 AM

:aok:

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 10:03 AM
We need ambition. Not happy to be in the bottom 6 every season. Petries happy with that. We are not. Get him out.

IWasThere2016
08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Miraculous he's lasted this long. A dutiful owner would have made the change a long time ago. Hibs have been on the slide and rudderless for years now, and RP cannot stop the rot. He is inept and stale.

#petrieout

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Miraculous he's lasted this long. A dutiful owner would have made the change a long time ago. Hibs have been on the slide and rudderless for years now, and RP cannot stop the rot. He is inept and stale.

#petrieout

Top marks.

#petrieout

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Yes time for Petrie to go. Done a great job with stadia and finances, and he's built the base, but we should be ROCKING THE **** OUT and he ain't got the balls for that. Since he lucked out with Mowbray it's been shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. Whether he's just made terrible appointments or some half decent ones and undermined them with poor boardroom leadership, we can discuss on threads and threads, but he is the common factor.

Do the right thing Rod, or Tom, do it for him.

Diclonius
08-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Yup.

#petrieout

NatureBoy
08-04-2014, 10:17 AM
I honestly think even if we get relegated, Petrie wouldn't have to face any questions, Farmer sadly just isn't bothered.

Even if we ended up in league One playing in front of a few hundred fans, he'd still be there and Farmer would think he was doing an ace job! This is very worrying to me, we can't keep haemorrhaging loyal fans, where are we heading under Petrie?

Wembley67
08-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Excuse my ignorance and there may be a simple explanation but what difference will this make? The managers we have had have been backed substantially and most of the appointments the fans have approved.

Something is rotten but is it him?

I really thing TB will turn it around. Takes no **** hence the players getting pissed off.

Once players start signing that know they aren't in for an easy ride e.g long training, not getting pissed then surely only a positive can be taken?

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
What's embarrassing is 2 home wins this year. What's embarrassing is watching that team trying to play some form of the sport known as football but failing miserably.
What's embarrassing is seeing teams consistently coming to Easter Road and taking the pish out of us.
What's embarrassing is no wins in eight games and the very real prospect of going into a play off to stay in the division.
What's embarrassing is that this situation has been coming for years and we've still not managed to steer the ship away from the iceberg.
#petrieout

It's becoming the norm at ER when the opposition come visiting.

Keith_M
08-04-2014, 10:25 AM
I'm no backer of Petrie but he gave us the manager that most of us wanted. We have no reason to believe that he will not back him in the summer transfer window (only speculation, I'd rather wait and see first).

Let's just hold our fire on this one for now.

brian6-2
08-04-2014, 10:26 AM
For the umpteenth time..

you would be as well as staring at a brick wall and saying that mate. some folk just dont get it.

#petrieandfarmerout

WestStandMoaner
08-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Petrie and Farmer have to go if we are going to have any success on the park. A football club is about winning, something the owner and the chairman have forgotten. The only thing Petrie has done is sell our best players and replace them crap. Anyone can sell their assets and pay their debt and build white elephants, Petrie has only done what any Chairman would and could have done, the only difference is most Chairman would not make the mistake of forgetting about building a successful team.

OPERATION FOPO Farmer Out Petrie Out http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif

Ray_
08-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I really have trouble with "all he has done". Under his watch, he disenfranchised the support to the extent that he had to hire consultants to pull it together. He employed a useless huddy in Jim Duffy and watched our debt rise to a mind boggling 18M+ before announcing we were in trouble. Even when Rangers were offering 2M for Kenny Miller, he was sprouting that "Hibs do not need to sell", with Tom Farmer on board, most took him on his word, meanwhile after year spent mainly in the reserves, Rangers sell him for a 33% profit. McLeish wrongly gets most of the stick for this debt, he brought in more money through player sales than he spent

He then got lucky with "the golden generation", it was 36 years before that, that the club had brought through that amount of talented youngsters & it'll probably be the same until we do so again. He then cocks up Derek Riordan's contract negations by at first withdrawing an agreed extension, then, nine months later, refuse to pay the money that the player had lost, we end up with paltry compensation from Celtic rather than the real transfer cash, a player with his reputation at the time would command.

Petrie gets lauded for the money he brought in selling the GG, yet Mad Vlad got far more for Craig Gordon & it was only through John Collins influence, we started to hold out for more realistic fee's.

You get some idea with all the exposure he was having after the appointment of TM, when we would see him time and again taking the plaudits for the successful method used in selecting managers, it was ironic that he hasn't been so publicity seeking since then and even then, with all the money coming in during TM spell, he didn't back him with the two quality signings that TM wanted to take the club forward to the next level. We instead sold and have seen the club decline to the level of the last few years.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 10:46 AM
I really have trouble with "all he has done". Under his watch, he disenfranchised the support to the extent that he had to hire consultants to pull it together. He employed a useless huddy in Jim Duffy and watched our debt rise to a mind boggling 18M+ before announcing we were in trouble. Even when Rangers were offering 2M for Kenny Miller, he was sprouting that "Hibs do not need to sell", with Tom Farmer on board, most took him on his word, meanwhile after year spent mainly in the reserves, Rangers sell him for a 33% profit. McLeish wrongly gets most of the stick for this debt, he brought in more money through player sales than he spent

He then got lucky with "the golden generation", it was 36 years before that, that the club had brought through that amount of talented youngsters & it'll probably be the same until we do so again. He then cocks up Derek Riordan's contract negations by at first withdrawing an agreed extension, then, nine months later, refuse to pay the money that the player had lost, we end up with paltry compensation from Celtic rather than the real transfer cash, a player with his reputation at the time would command.

Petrie gets lauded for the money he brought in selling the GG, yet Mad Vlad got far more for Craig Gordon & it was only through John Collins influence, we started to hold out for more realistic fee's.

You get some idea with all the exposure he was having after the appointment of TM, when we would see him time and again taking the plaudits for the successful method used in selecting managers, it was ironic that he hasn't been so publicity seeking since then and even then, with all the money coming in during TM spell, he didn't back him with the two quality signings that TM wanted to take the club forward to the next level. We instead sold and have seen the club decline to the level of the last few years.

:top marksCouldn't say it better myself, as others have said it will probably get a lot worse before it gets any better not that our owner will care as TF said " i wish i had hundred Rod Petries " could he no just take our one ?.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 10:49 AM

What a post that is. 100% agree well said.

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm no backer of Petrie but he gave us the manager that most of us wanted. We have no reason to believe that he will not back him in the summer transfer window (only speculation, I'd rather wait and see first).

Let's just hold our fire on this one for now.

Petrie should have shown intent in January and went out and got Rooney for the manager in January, Butcher has dropped enough hints that he wanted to sign Rooney and praised him enough times in interviews he has given since coming to the club, it would have also shown the fans that Petrie is backing the manager from the off, but no we got 3 loanees who have been either pretty poor or injured for most of the time or suspended, now we are left with one experienced striker in Collins for the rest of the season, Heff out injured and Haynes is a waste of space and i doubt he will be starting any more games for Hibs.

In a mess.

#petrieout

Mikey
08-04-2014, 10:55 AM

Yep, it's time for someone else to have a go.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 10:55 AM

We'll done that man. Cracking post.

Weststandwanab
08-04-2014, 10:59 AM
I hope the board read this forum, links should be emailed to show them to exactly how the fans feel about the club and management and boardroom staff. They'd Poop bricks if they seen all this and maybe get the finger out. No they won't they will read it, digest it and ignore it.

For the umpteenth time..

:rolleyes: Correct.

Excuse my ignorance and there may be a simple explanation but what difference will this make? The managers we have had have been backed substantially and most of the appointments the fans have approved.

I really thing TB will turn it around. Takes no **** hence the players getting pissed off.

Once players start signing that know they aren't in for an easy ride e.g long training, not getting pissed then surely only a positive can be taken? First sensible post on this thread.

What a post that is. 100% agree well said. Good point have to think about that.

mmmmhibby
08-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Just go Roddy you absolute walloper!!!! The fans of this club deserve better, the potential is there, however, you are more concerned about your 10% stake in the club. Do us a favour Roddy and DO ONE!!!!!!

Onion
08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Was past his sell by date 5 or 6 years ago. Get him out and let's try move forward. As long as Petrie stays the wrangling and hurt will just get worse.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:02 AM
No they won't they will read it, digest it and ignore it

How do you know?

KeithTheHibby
08-04-2014, 11:08 AM
#petrieout

Unless you are implying that Rod picks the team and tactics then all of your points are nothing to do with him.

KeithTheHibby
08-04-2014, 11:10 AM
4-5 failures in a row speak volumes. Unwilling to back his managers financially and verbally and publicly says a lot.

Prove it. With the exception of Collins of course and even then was only rumours.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I hope the board read this forum, links should be emailed to show them to exactly how the fans feel about the club and management and boardroom staff. They'd Poop bricks if they seen all this and maybe get the finger out.

The club are well aware of what is posted on here.

KeithTheHibby
08-04-2014, 11:11 AM
How about backing a players revolt against Collins and refusing to sign players on permanent deals and only sanctioning loans. He has no ambition to take this club forward. We need someone who has ambition and want the club to succeed in the league. Not settle for the lower half of the table and occasional cup final appearance. #petrieout

Prove it.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Prove it didn't happen.

KeithTheHibby
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Is the top not Sir Tom Farmer though? We must be the only supporters who give it tight to the chairman for not spending money while other fans target the owner which is probably more appropriate.

KeithTheHibby
08-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Prove it didn't happen.

YOU stated it happened so you prove it!!!

I have never seen quotes from players, Collins or Petrie to substantiate the nonsense you are coming out with!?

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:20 AM
YOU stated it happened so you prove it!!!

I have never seen quotes from players, Collins or Petrie to substantiate the nonsense you are coming out with!?

It did happen Collins walked because his chairman did not back him. It's been reported from people with sources that it did happen. That's good enough for me. You believe what you want though. I'll stick with my version.

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 11:20 AM

I take it you will give him credit for the cup success , plus all the other finals we have been in????? ,yes its tough at the moment but RP did not make us play like that last night,

lucky
08-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I appreciate the good work Rod has done after he led us to the £18m debt. The stadium and training centre are his legacy but I think its time for a change. It appears he is stale and that Hibs are on a downwards spiral. New blood new ideas new direction is needed.

villager
08-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Aye, it's time for a leadership change. The last five years are unacceptable and we stare a relegation play off in the face.

greenpaper55
I take it you will give him credit for the cup success , plus all the other finals we have been in????? ,yes its tough at the moment but RP did not make us play like that last night,

Ok, if he is responsible for the finals he is responsible where we are just now

Keith_M
Prove it didn't happen.

I spent last night with Liz Hurley.

Prove it DIDN'T happen.

:greengrin

The_Exile
08-04-2014, 11:27 AM
He didn't back the player revolt, he met with them out of professional courtesy, whereby they were swiftly told Collins was the manager, and tough titties if they didnae like it. I can't prove it as I didn't video tape my conversation with the person who told me, suffice to say they'd have known.

KeithTheHibby
08-04-2014, 11:31 AM
It did happen Collins walked because his chairman did not back him. It's been reported from people with sources that it did happen. That's good enough for me. You believe what you want though. I'll stick with my version.

If it has been reported as you say then you will be able to prove it then? Until such times I shall believe that it didn't happen because, erm, there is no proof.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I really have trouble with "all he has done". Under his watch, he disenfranchised the support to the extent that he had to hire consultants to pull it together. He employed a useless huddy in Jim Duffy

Duffy wasn't a Petrie appointment.

... and watched our debt rise to a mind boggling 18M+ before announcing we were in trouble. Even when Rangers were offering 2M for Kenny Miller, he was sprouting that "Hibs do not need to sell", with Tom Farmer on board, most took him on his word, meanwhile after year spent mainly in the reserves, Rangers sell him for a 33% profit. McLeish wrongly gets most of the stick for this debt, he brought in more money through player sales than he spent

McLeish spent more on player wages than any other manager in Hibs history. I don't blame him for it because the expenditure had to be approved, but that's what bumped up the debt.

He then got lucky with "the golden generation", it was 36 years before that, that the club had brought through that amount of talented youngsters & it'll probably be the same until we do so again.

So anything good is "lucky" and anything bad is his fault?

He then cocks up Derek Riordan's contract negations by at first withdrawing an agreed extension, then, nine months later, refuse to pay the money that the player had lost, we end up with paltry compensation from Celtic rather than the real transfer cash, a player with his reputation at the time would command.

It was Tony Mowbray who took the original offer off the table. People seem to forget thet Mowbray didn't have the best of relationships with Deek, which probably had something to do with the later contract negotations. People also forget that RP/the board forked out a couple of years later to buy Deek back.

I don't think RP needed any negotiating lessons from JC - just look at the players JC chose to spend good money on.

Say what you want about RP, but he's definitely not one to seek publicity. He's not comfortable at all in the public eye.

--------
08-04-2014, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Ray-in-ireland;3963550]I really have trouble with "all he has done". Under his watch, he disenfranchised the support to the extent that he had to hire consultants to pull it together. He employed a useless huddy in Jim Duffy and watched our debt rise to a mind boggling 18M+ before announcing we were in trouble. Even when Rangers were offering 2M for Kenny Miller, he was sprouting that "Hibs do not need to sell", with Tom Farmer on board, most took him on his word, meanwhile after year spent mainly in the reserves, Rangers sell him for a 33% profit. McLeish wrongly gets most of the stick for this debt, he brought in more money through player sales than he spent

You get some idea with all the exposure he was having after the appointment of TM, when we would see him time and again taking the plaudits for the successful method used in selecting managers, it was ironic that he hasn't been so publicity seeking since then and even then, with all the money coming in during TM spell, he didn't back him with the two quality signings that TM wanted to take the club forward to the next level. We instead sold and have seen the club decline to the level of the last few years.[/QUOTE}

Totally agree with you, Ray.

We've had a succession of managers since Mowbray, none of whom lasted more than 18 months. Each one has signed player after player after player - mostly in the bargain-basement of the transfer market. Even players with reasonable pedigrees before they signed for us have under-performed.

We have a modern stadium, a modern training complex, and a crappy team that looks odds-on for the Championship next season.

This has been coming for a long time, but whenever anyone has tried to sound the alarm, they get called 'doom-and-gloomers', accused of being 'yammish', told they're not 'real' Hibs fans because 'real' Hibs fans wouldn't post 'negative' posts about the club.

There's a poster on this thread saying that 'nothing about Hibs can be embarrassing'. REALLY? Well, I watched last night on TV - sorry, but Farmer and Petrie get not a penny from me ever again - they're within a couple of seasons or so of destroying the team I've followed for half a century and I have not an ounce of respect for either of them right now - they need to GO, NOW, and let someone who has a glimmering about how to run a football team and who REALLY CARES take over.

WHAT I SAW WAS EMBARRASSING. Beaten 2-0, going on 5 or 6. The team showing every sign of having given up, a team heading for the play-off's, looking like a team that's going to LOSE in the play-off's. Supporters depressed and apathetic because they really don't expect anything else from the clowns who've been running their football team for far too long now.

How difficult is it for the complacent ones to understand that when the players change, the managers change, the rest of the coaching staff change, and things still get worse and worse and worse, then the problem probably lies with the people who DON'T change - the owner, chairman, and board?

And before anyone tells me that there have been numerous changes to the board, the main man has stayed the same, supported and endorsed by the owner.

They don't change, and the buck stops with them.

They've had control of Hibs for how many years? Too many. Well, the results of their methods and attitudes are now plain to see.

They've brought me to the brink of walking away because I really can't take any more of their incompetence and complacency and lack of concern for Hibs as they really should be, and the smug assumption that just because I've gone along in the past regardless of what they've been doing to my team, I'll continue to go along, pay my money, cheer the minor successes that even they manage to achieve from time to time, and always come back for more.

That's what really annoys me - the assumption that somehow the fans owe THEM the loyalty and commitment they refuse to give to the team.

And it's ALL about the team, not the club as such, but the team. Because the only reason for a football club's existence is to put a team on the pitch. That's how the club's judged, that's what matters - the team. Petrie and Farmer don't seem to understand that, not even after all this time.

I want Petrie gone, and if Farmer doesn't understand that, and there's no other option but the one he offers, then I'm sorry, but I see no decent future for the team.

As a great man said in a different context a long time ago -

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately - depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the Name of God, go!"

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:44 AM
If it has been reported as you say then you will be able to prove it then? Until such times I shall believe that it didn't happen because, erm, there is no proof.

No problem. It's all about opinions.

Ray_
08-04-2014, 11:48 AM

McLeish spent more on player wages than any other manager in Hibs history. I don't blame him for it because the expenditure had to be approved, but that's what bumped up the debt.

So anything good is "lucky" and anything bad is his fault?

It was Tony Mowbray who took the original offer off the table. People seem to forget thet Mowbray didn't have the best of relationships with Deek, which probably had something to do with the later contract negotations. People also forget that RP/the board forked out a couple of years later to buy Deek back.

I don't think RP needed any negotiating lessons from JC - just look at the players JC chose to spend good money on.

Say what you want about RP, but he's definitely not one to seek publicity. He's not comfortable at all in the public eye.

One thing, I haven't got time to address the rest as I'm off to work, McLeish wage bill, Hibs had about 50 odd players on there books, most signed by Duffy & before and not used. McLeish brought in a profit of almost 4.5M on transfers, that would have paid a great proportion of his players wages, if not all.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 11:48 AM
[QUOTE=Ray-in-ireland;3963550]I really have trouble with "all he has done". Under his watch, he disenfranchised the support to the extent that he had to hire consultants to pull it together. He employed a useless huddy in Jim Duffy and watched our debt rise to a mind boggling 18M+ before announcing we were in trouble. Even when Rangers were offering 2M for Kenny Miller, he was sprouting that "Hibs do not need to sell", with Tom Farmer on board, most took him on his word, meanwhile after year spent mainly in the reserves, Rangers sell him for a 33% profit. McLeish wrongly gets most of the stick for this debt, he brought in more money through player sales than he spent

You get some idea with all the exposure he was having after the appointment of TM, when we would see him time and again taking the plaudits for the successful method used in selecting managers, it was ironic that he hasn't been so publicity seeking since then and even then, with all the money coming in during TM spell, he didn't back him with the two quality signings that TM wanted to take the club forward to the next level. We instead sold and have seen the club decline to the level of the last few years.[/QUOTE}

We've had a succession of managers since Mowbray, none of whom lasted more than 18 months. Each one has signed player after player after player - mostly in the bargain-basement of the transfer market. Even players with reasonable pedigrees before they signed for us have under-performed.

We have a modern stadium, a modern training complex, and a crappy team that looks odds-on for the Championship next season.

This has been coming for a long time, but whenever anyone has tried to sound the alarm, they get called 'doom-and-gloomers', accused of being 'yammish', told they're not 'real' Hibs fans because 'real' Hibs fans wouldn't post 'negative' posts about the club.

There's a poster on this thread saying that 'nothing about Hubs can be embarrassing'. REALLY? Well, I watched last night on TV - sorry, but Farmer and Petrie get not a penny from me ever again - they're within a couple of seasons or so of destroying the club I've followed for half a century and I have not an ounce of respect for either of them right now - they need to GO, NOW, and let someone who has a glimmering about how to run a football team and who REALLY CARES take over.

WHAT I SAW WAS EMBARRASSING. Beaten 2-0, going on 5 or 6. The team showing every sign of having given up, a team heading for the play-off's, looking like a team that's going to LOSE in the play-off's. Supporters depressed and apathetic because they really don't expect anything else from the clowns who've been running their football team for far too long now.

How difficult is it to understand that when the players change, the managers change, the rest of the coaching staff change, and things still get worse and worse and worse, then the problem probably lies with the people who DON'T change - the owner, chairman, and board?

And before anyone tells me that there have been numerous changes to the board, the main man has stayed the same, supported and endorsed by the owner. They don't change, and the buck stops with them.

PETRIE OUT, NOW!

:top marksBut how far will we have to deteriorate until the penny drops ?, my worry is if we go down we will be there for a long time with this lot at the helm, talk about a dead hand on the tiller !.

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Ah the classic backing the players revolt urban myth say it enough and it becomes fact, sorry I meant FACT!!! #hashtagsonaforumisanonsense

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 11:56 AM
Think it is time for a change. 10 years at the top is more than enough.

It isn't likely to happen though as he owns 10% of the company and STF seems to have complete confidence for some unknown reason.

Lots of decent stewardship but lack of vision and unable to inspire confidence or managerial stability. Time to go and be replaced by someone more determined rather than relying on marketing and spin.
My boss has been in his position for around 30 years reckon I will go in after lunch and tell him to bolt

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Where did is say it was fact sorry FACT

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 11:59 AM
One thing, I haven't got time to address the rest as I'm off to work, McLeish wage bill, Hibs had about 50 odd players on there books, most signed by Duffy & before and not used. McLeish brought in a profit of almost 4.5M on transfers, that would have paid a great proportion of his players wages, if not all.

For McLeish's first full season in charge (1st division), our wages/turnover ratio was at 98.4% which fell to just under 80% for the remainder of his time at ER.

£4.5m wouldn't have covered that.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:00 PM
My boss has been in his position for around 30 years reckon I will go in after lunch and tell him to bolt

Is your boss running his company into the ground?

jacomo
08-04-2014, 12:01 PM
The club are well aware of what is posted on here.

If they weren't they would deserve to be sacked.

Imagine any business having access to this level of 'customer' insight and just ignoring it. Although, at times it does seem as if the club don't have a clue what the supporters want...

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Where did is say it was fact sorry FACT

You were presenting it as a reason for Rod to go so assume you believe it to be true ?

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Is your boss running his company into the ground?and would he still be there if he was? (unless it's his company of course)

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Yes I believe it to be true, along with many others. Doesn't mean it's fact and I never posted it as fact. Stop making things up.

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:04 PM

Are Hibs being run into the ground ?

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:04 PM
and would he still be there if he was? (unless it's his company of course)

No chance. He'd be moved on for new blood. Exactly what we need at hibs.

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Are Hibs being run into the ground ?nah, we're a shining example of success. :rolleyes:

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Yes I believe it to be true, along with many others. Doesn't mean it's fact and I never posted it as fact. Stop making things up.

If you are presenting it as a reason to sack someone surely it has to be a fact ? Or it's simply hearsay

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:06 PM

Yes. Failure after failure. Penny pinching to the extreme. Lack of ambition loanees instead of showing ambition to pay good wages and get players in on permanent deals. Rooney and further back Griffiths are prime examples of this.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-04-2014, 12:06 PM
This now has an increasing sense of inevitability about it. Perhaps should have gone after stadium complete and certainly backing Calderwood to me stands out in particular. Not without flaw but I think he did back managers on the whole Hibstory will record his mixed legacy and what he learned and brought to the table.

I understand and the frustration I was as gutted as the next man last night. I would ask though what's the point in ditching now? Let's focus our energies in staying up then look to other things?

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:07 PM
If you are presenting it as a reason to sack someone surely it has to be a fact ? Or it's simply hearsay

I'm presenting it as one of the reasons hibs and Petrie must sever ties. We've been stagnant for too long now.

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:09 PM
nah, we're a shining example of success. :rolleyes:

Two different things DD, the thing is I agree it's sh$$e but Rod is the owners boy so even bringing in someone else would result in the club being run in the same way, as per the owners wishes

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:09 PM
This now has an increasing sense of inevitability about it. Perhaps should have gone after stadium complete and certainly backing Calderwood to me stands out in particular. Not without flaw but I think he did back managers on the whole Hibstory will record his mixed legacy and what he learned and brought to the table.

I understand and the frustration I was as gutted as the next man last night. I would ask though what's the point in ditching now? Let's focus our energies in staying up then look to other thugs?

Do you think if we are relegated then Petrie will allow us to push the boat out and sign decent players to get us out that league which would be very difficult. We need it sorted now, not when we end up in the championship.

brian6-2
08-04-2014, 12:10 PM
why not instead of wasting time moaning about it on here, do something about it??

protests, demo's, banners at games. despite all the moaning on here ive never seen one. (apart from the one held by about 15 folk after the game earlier this year)

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm presenting it as one of the reasons hibs and Petrie must sever ties. We've been stagnant for too long now.

But presenting it as a reason you are saying its fact ? I get we are stagnant but feel the blame is being forced on the wrong person, that said the person who's feet it should fall at owns the club, sets the agenda and the budget, but as nobody else fancies buying us there really is not much alternative

Top Pans Hibby
08-04-2014, 12:15 PM
There is a malaise at our club which is sucking the life out of Hibs. As the Aberdeen fans treated us to their chorus of "oles" last night I looked around at the faces of the Hibs support. The disappointment, shame and betrayal was etched into the faces of each and every supporter. This for me was a defining moment.

Many of us will have differing views as to how this malaise is strangling our Club. I for one blame both Petrie and Farmer. When any organisation shows a lack of leadership, ambition and treats their customers with complete indifference then their time is up.

Hibs supporters deserve better. Our traditions deserve better.

Change from the very top is not only a desire, it is now essential.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Do you think if we are relegated then Petrie will allow us to push the boat out and sign decent players to get us out that league which would be very difficult. We need it sorted now, not when we end up in the championship.

The point is to focus on the urgent need now - backing the team and avoiding relegation. All energies should be focused on that IMO.

I wonder what Kenny Maclean snr would have recommended - anyone who knew him care to speculate?

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:18 PM

How do you propose we fund pushing the boat out ? Was bringing in Butcher and his back room staff not pushing the boat out ? We have a debt we break even ish while servicing said debt , we've cut back on non footballing staff to fund successive managers. We are living within our means

The Green Goblin
Correct but nothing will change unless we, the fans act.

That is it in a nutshell for me. And I do think things have clearly gotten to the stage where this is now what needs to happen. Without practical, visible and organised fan action, absolutely nothing is going to change. Nothing.

ALF TUPPER
#donthaveaproblemwithRod

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:19 PM
There is a malaise at our club which is sucking the life out of Hibs. As the Aberdeen fans treated us to their chorus of "oles" last night I looked around at the faces of the Hibs support. The disappointment, shame and betrayal was etched into the faces of each and every supporter. This for me was a defining moment.

Many of us will have differing views as to how this malaise is strangling our Club. I for one blame both Petrie and Farmer. When any organisation shows a lack of leadership, ambition and treats their customers with complete indifference then their time is up.

Hibs supporters deserve better. Our traditions deserve better.

Change from the very top is not only a desire, it is now essential.
Agree with many of your points but who wants to buy Hibs ?

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:20 PM
#donthaveaproblemwithRod

There's always one :D

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:24 PM
How do you propose we fund pushing the boat out ? Was bringing in Butcher and his back room staff not pushing the boat out ? We have a debt we break even ish while servicing said debt , we've cut back on non footballing staff to fund successive managers. We are living within our means

Pledging.

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Pledging.

Who should pledge ?

Pretty Boy
08-04-2014, 12:27 PM

Yes.

Not in a spectacular fashion a la Rangers and Hearts but it's death by 1000 cuts.

ALF TUPPER
08-04-2014, 12:29 PM
There's always one :D

:wink:

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes.

Not in a spectacular fashion a la Rangers and Hearts but it's death by 1000 cuts.

As I've said I agree it's not pretty and hasn't been for some time now, but Rod is doing his job there or thereabouts nothing more nothing less, there is no budget to spend more, that's not his call really

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Who should pledge ?

The fans or anyone who wants to. Optional and you can pledge as much or as little as you like. Just an idea.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 12:36 PM
As I've said I agree it's not pretty and hasn't been for some time now, but Rod is doing his job there or thereabouts nothing more nothing less, there is no budget to spend more, that's not his call really

The reason we have no budget these days is because most of it has gone towards paying off ex-managers that the board failed to support at the time.

If they had used the money that they were forced to spend on paying off managers to support them instead, then perhaps we'd be in a better position right now.

DaveF
08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
You can add my name to the list.

Get out Rod. You are bored, and we are bored of you. Please leave.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2014, 12:41 PM

It's not just the on pitch performance that concerns me. Everything seems stale and a bit of a mess. The marketing is lazy (the generic Puma kit with the slope reference with the wrong wording being a prime example), the club store was a shambles (I know Hibs now have little control over this), the ST campaigns are tired and smack of desperation. It seems almost every good idea to come out of ER in the last couple of years has been as a result of LWT pushing it

I know all of this isn't Rods day to day duties but most, if not all, the key people in key positions at ER are Petrie appointments.

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 12:43 PM
The fans or anyone who wants to. Optional and you can pledge as much or as little as you like. Just an idea.No me as long as that man is still here, not a bolt, not a ha'penny, not a brass razzoo

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 12:45 PM

It was a bit like getting a Ferrari and then being told you can't drive it because we can't afford the insurance and petrol to get it going. :greengrin

leggeto
08-04-2014, 12:48 PM

im thinking butcher is his last chance,he has to get it right next season or he may have no option to stand down,but the thing is farmer likes him because he keeps a tight ship

inglisavhibs
08-04-2014, 01:00 PM
If he had done as you say we must have loads of money sitting in the bank just waiting to be spent. Do you really think anybody at Easter Road wants to be in the bottom 6 every year. If you ever have a spare minute just check on the players Collins signed for Hibs.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 01:06 PM
If he had done as you say we must have loads of money sitting in the bank just waiting to be spent. Do you really think anybody at Easter Road wants to be in the bottom 6 every year. If you ever have a spare minute just check on the players Collins signed for Hibs.

We'll it certainly seems like the board are happy with it as they show no ambition to get the team consistently finishing higher up the table.

7Hero
08-04-2014, 01:19 PM
I think we are all fairly upset at the way things have went Since 2007, but what we must really be questioning now is our lack of ambition considering the state Rangers and Hearts find themselves in..

Talk about a missed opportunity..

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 01:21 PM
The fans or anyone who wants to. Optional and you can pledge as much or as little as you like. Just an idea.

There is already Leith Links to donate to, perfect win win donation too as Hibs get money a wee kid gets to watch Hibs (no sure that's fair on them but hay ho) and you get to feel a warm glow. Now ask FranckSuzy how many folk have signed up ?

Pete
08-04-2014, 01:32 PM
#PetrieoutifButcherhasfailedafteracoupleofyears

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Some of the fans.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 01:34 PM
We'll it certainly seems like the board are happy with it as they show no ambition to get the team consistently finishing higher up the table.

How would you define that?

FranckSuzy
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
There is already Leith Links to donate to, perfect win win donation too as Hibs get money a wee kid gets to watch Hibs (no sure that's fair on them but hay ho) and you get to feel a warm glow. Now ask FranckSuzy how many folk have signed up ?

Around 20 in total...and only half of them are posters from .net...

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 01:50 PM

Once players start signing that know they aren't in for an easy ride e.g long training, not getting pissed then surely only a positive can be taken?

Hiring two managers in succession who knew ZERO about this league (Calderwood & Fenlon) has created the problem we see today.

Sorry, but whether 'most of the appointment the fans have approved' or not, is irrelevant. I don't know how you measure 'most'. No-one had ever heard of Calderwood and he had no credentials to manage in Scotland, he'd never even be here. Fenlon had been successful spending lots of money in a tin pot, Mickey Mouse league. Petrie taking pot luck again.

Backing them substantially has meant signing boat loads of mediocre players, none of whom are worth anything. Some of them atrocious.

Our signing policy is a bad, bad joke. Butcher said he couldn't sign McKay because we couldn't offer him a permanent deal. I have been told - by an impeccable source - that Fenlon didn't have Collins on his list, he was bought by the Chairman. Folk don't want to believe it.

The root of our problem is player recruitment. Petrie did a fine job of selling a great crop of players for maximum value, since then he's not had a clue.

How does every other team do it? Because however we're doing it it DOESN'T WORK.

The other very salient point is Scott Lindsay and Fife Hyland walked out of Hibs without jobs to go to.

Tells you all you need to know.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Some of the fans.

Naw, most of the fans. Bar a few with their "Petrie Is God" t-shirts. :wink:

Ambition - The desire and determination to achieve success.

WHUHibs
08-04-2014, 01:52 PM

Ambition should be regular top 4 in the league with the resources, stadium, training centre, youth policy, fans ...... Regulary in Europe based on league positions and some cup wins?

Henry Ford had a great saying " if you think you can your right! If you think you can't your also right!"

Let's stop talking about transition and finding excuses why it goes wrong,,find reasons for being positive and achieving our desires and aims.

Another good phrase,,,aim for the sky hit the tree tops! Aim for the treetops and hit the dirt" we are not ambitious enough that's why we are not successful. I don't have all the answers but the men in charge should and I define success by looking at our record which is simply not good enough!

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 01:55 PM

More fool Petrie for appointing a rookie manager and letting him spend money badly.

Have a look at who Calderwood signed.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 02:01 PM
More fool Petrie for appointing a rookie manager and letting him spend money badly.

Have a good look at who appointed calderwood.

IWasThere2016
08-04-2014, 02:03 PM

Totally agree Ray - and in particular with your opening sentence. I actually think you're being too kind - however what matters is that fans want Petrie out, and not how they arrive at this view.

He simply has to go.

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Have a good look at who appointed calderwood.

Aye, I know who appointed Calderwood. The previous poster was pointing to Collins wasting money - when in fact he won a trophy and was allowed to go shopping - in shark infested waters - if I can mix my metaphors.

The one consistent person in this omnishambles is Rod Petrie.

happiehibbie
08-04-2014, 02:10 PM
I have Had enough of RP tbh but as previous post say who will or wants to buy a football team. Forget Hearts that is business people wanting to mak a fast buck

Hearts ask supporters to take out a DD why dont we ask RP to do the same thing we all pay an amount say £10.00 a month and put it into a transfer fund to be used by Hibs manager to purchase players this will give us fans a buy in to our club.

Some people will say buy a ST yes please do. but this is outside the box this is a donation to a fighting fund. I would pay £10.00 a month

the sums are easy 2000 people £10.00 an month for a year £240000 a year could we get 2000 passionate his fans I think so

Ray_
08-04-2014, 02:11 PM
For McLeish's first full season in charge (1st division), our wages/turnover ratio was at 98.4% which fell to just under 80% for the remainder of his time at ER.

£4.5m wouldn't have covered that.

I said his players, not the large quota of players that were already there on long and costly packages.

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 02:26 PM
I have Had enough of RP tbh but as previous post say who will or wants to buy a football team. Forget Hearts that is business people wanting to mak a fast buck

Hearts ask supporters to take out a DD why dont we ask RP to do the same thing we all pay an amount say £10.00 a month and put it into a transfer fund to be used by Hibs manager to purchase players this will give us fans a buy in to our club.

Some people will say buy a ST yes please do. but this is outside the box this is a donation to a fighting fund. I would pay £10.00 a month

the sums are easy 2000 people £10.00 an month for a year £240000 a year could we get 2000 passionate his fans I think so
Leith Links as mentioned by me earlier

Ray_
08-04-2014, 02:26 PM

He was brought in to run Hibs and was present when Duffy was engaged.

McLeish spent more on player wages than any other manager in Hibs history. I don't blame him for it because the expenditure had to be approved, but that's what bumped up the debt. Already covered.

So anything good is "lucky" and anything bad is his fault? Why then hasn't Hibs been consistantly good, since then at producing younsters of that standard? Maybe its because it is what I said, he was lucky and he was twice so, because they came along at such a financially pressing time!!

[A] Yes, and when it was put back it was Petrie who didn't pay him the back money, he was still on the £500. [B]Yes he forked out the money [but he lost a lot more in not giving him his back money originally] and he has also pushed the boat out to get players like Glass, Bremner, Stokes & Miller, but in the whole, we have had managers who have had to scrape the bottom of the pit, usually on the last day of the transfer window.

I don't think RP needed any negotiating lessons from JC - just look at the players JC chose to spend good money on. Really, why are you throwing in players brought in, it has nothing at all to do with what I said & anyway, did Collins get anywhere near his first choice? I thought that was the main reason why he left? it was Collins who insisted that Hibs got more than Petrie was prepared to take & Petrie went along with it.

Say what you want about RP, but he's definitely not one to seek publicity. He's not comfortable at all in the public eye. He was lapping it up when it was a success, like under TM, but nowhere to be seen the vast majority of the time, as others were getting the bulk of the flack. I got sick of reading articles about Petrie's selection method, just review "Goals & Glory" for a reminder.

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Totally ag

ree Ray - and in particular with your opening sentence. I actually think you're being too kind - however what matters is that fans want Petrie out, and not how they arrive at this view.

He simply has to go.

not all fans want RP out some can see he is not the cause of the performance on the pitch, if we had some on here in charge, we would we bust long before the YAMS, it is dreadful at the moment but all this its his fault boohoo, we could be in severe financial difficulties, be careful what you wish for....,
we need to stand together, its us that hound the mangers out, then blame Petrie, we wanted Butcher now its Petrie fault n matter who comes in wont satisfy many of us.... just my opinion

--------
08-04-2014, 02:44 PM

You're suggesting we give him even MORE money?

I want the so-an-so OUT.

Whatever sum a scheme like this raised, I'd back Petrie to dock an equal sum off the club transfer budget.

The manager would never see it.

happiehibbie
08-04-2014, 03:00 PM

I want the so-an-so OUT.

Whatever sum a scheme like this raised, I'd back Petrie to dock an equal sum off the club transfer budget.

We dont have any chance of RP leaving, My idea comes from Fans investing in the team to get players that RP says he cannot afford because we dont by season tickets, but give him 200k to give to the manger then there is no one better than looking after the money that RP

we All need to work this out Just an Idea because i dont know anyone who wants a football team, but I do know people who want to buy prime land in the city centre :)

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 03:08 PM
We dont have any chance of RP leaving, My idea comes from Fans investing in the team to get players that RP says he cannot afford because we dont by season tickets, but give him 200k to give to the manger then there is no one better than looking after the money that RP

we All need to work this out Just an Idea because i dont know anyone who wants a football team, but I do know people who want to buy prime land in the city centre :)
As I keep saying we already have a system in place to donate direct to the managers war chest and only 20 people do it

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 03:09 PM
not all fans want RP out some can see he is not the cause of the performance on the pitch, if we had some on here in charge, we would we bust long before the YAMS, it is dreadful at the moment but all this its his fault boohoo, we could be in severe financial difficulties, be careful what you wish for....,
we need to stand together, its us that hound the mangers out, then blame Petrie, we wanted Butcher now its Petrie fault n matter who comes in wont satisfy many of us.... just my opinion

Bust before Hearts. Now i've heard it all. :faf:

Nobody is suggesting that we should go on a multi-million pound shopping spree. But no turning managers 1st choices down for the sake of a few hundred quid would be a good start in turning us around.

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 03:11 PM
we need to stand together, its us that hound the mangers out, then blame Petrie, we wanted Butcher now its Petrie fault n matter who comes in wont satisfy many of us.... just my opinionYou are Rod Petrie and I claim my £5

number 27
08-04-2014, 03:14 PM
As I keep saying we already have a system in place to donate direct to the managers war chest and only 20 people do it

I think these systems are fantastic and I would also mention "The Hibernians" and Hibs Lotto but I do think there are fans who would rather contribute to a designated and guaranteed transfer fund. There is also the problem mentioned earlier in the thread that rightly or wrongly there is a suspicion that for every extra penny raised by the fans Rod will simply reduce the existing budget by a penny.

Ray_
08-04-2014, 03:15 PM

What about all the money we have lost by not having a product that people will pay to see? When anybody mentions investing in the club we get this routine Hearts/Leeds senario. Why can't we just accept that there are people out there who can manage this in a balanced way and not automatically default in to this either/or mindset?

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 03:25 PM
We are down 3 or 4 k every home game, if we had a decent product the fans would come back, work it out for yourself.

happiehibbie
08-04-2014, 03:26 PM

I did not know this give me the details on how to join 21 NOW

Www1875hfc
08-04-2014, 03:28 PM
why not instead of wasting time moaning about it on here, do something about it??

protests, demo's, banners at games. despite all the moaning on here ive never seen one. (apart from the one held by about 15 folk after the game earlier this year)

I Already have.

Petrie has ran his course. Nows the time for change.
The board need to come out and appease the fans,cause as you can see by this thread most want action.
But as per usual the silence is deafening.

We Want Petrie Out !

inglisavhibs
08-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Agree about Calderwood, his signings were awful as well. The thing is the majority of our fans were delighted when Hibs appointed Collins.

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 03:32 PM
I Already have.

The board need to come out and appease the fans,cause as you can see by this thread most want action.

We Want Petrie Out !

Its time he done the right thing and resigned its for the good off our Club thanks for everything Rod but its over.

exHIBition
08-04-2014, 03:33 PM
5 pages of Petrie out but nobody has given an indication of who can replace him and do a better job. It may well be time for a change but don't forget that the most important part of the change is not Petrie leaving, rather who replaces him. That is the key.

smurf
08-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Keep reading that we have Rod Petrie and that there is nothing that we can do. I don't accept that. Through fan pressure we have forced Sir Tom to do quite a lot in his time as owner. Sir Tom likes to let it be known that he owns our club. Good. Well with that comes duties and responsibilities. We the fans are the true custodians and without us he owns nothing.

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 03:46 PM

STF ain't gonna sack one of his top henchmen any time soon. :agree::agree:

It just won't happen, no matter how loud you scream and stamp your feet..............

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Keep reading that we have Rod Petrie and that there is nothing that we can do. I don't accept that. Through fan pressure we have forced Sir Tom to do quite a lot in his time as owner. Sir Tom likes to let it be known that he owns our club. Good. Well with that comes duties and responsibilities. We the fans are the true custodians and without us he owns nothing.

Think you'll find he does..... :wink:

smurf
08-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Think you'll find he does..... :wink:

What then?

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 03:51 PM
STF ain't gonna sack one of his top henchmen any time soon. :agree::agree:

It just won't happen, no matter how loud you scream and stamp your feet..............

STF may not sack him. But he may just walk.

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 03:54 PM
What then?

Chicken & Egg............... fu%k knows!.....

Lets just stay in the SPFL and come the summer battle will commence..........

brian6-2
08-04-2014, 03:54 PM
I Already have.

We Want Petrie Out !

about 15/20 folk on this thread. maybe less.

i agree with you, but like i said, battering on about it on here wont make any difference.

smurf
08-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Chicken & Egg............... fu%k knows!.....

Lets just stay in the SPFL and come the summer battle will commence..........

I agree that all efforts must be on getting points on the board and preserving our SPFL status.

Thereafter, we as a support need to unite for change. For far too long we have been underachieving and even worse flirting with disaster. We need a summer of change and real and meaningful engagement.

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
STF may not sack him. But he may just walk.

Yeah, because Petrie looks the kinda guy that gives up way too easily..... :cb

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 04:02 PM
I agree that all efforts must be on getting points on the board and preserving our SPFL status.

Thereafter, we as a support need to unite for change. For far too long we have been underachieving and even worse flirting with disaster. We need a summer of change and real and meaningful engagement.

It's not the time for this battle. We don't have the forces to fight two fronts..........

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah, because Petrie looks the kinda guy that gives up way too easily..... :cbAye because he's too up his ain erse tae realise he's the biggest part of the problem and rather than admit that he'll stay and run the club further down.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Yeah, because Petrie looks the kinda guy that gives up way too easily..... :cb

He does give up easily. Thats why we rarely hear a peep out of him when things go wrong. I think he's beginning to realize that he can't do much else for the club now and may choose to part ways.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 04:06 PM

There's a poster on this thread saying that 'nothing about Hibs can be embarrassing'. REALLY? Well, I watched last night on TV - sorry, but Farmer and Petrie get not a penny from me ever again - they're within a couple of seasons or so of destroying the team I've followed for half a century and I have not an ounce of respect for either of them right now - they need to GO, NOW, and let someone who has a glimmering about how to run a football team and who REALLY CARES take over.

How difficult is it for the complacent ones to understand that when the players change, the managers change, the rest of the coaching staff change, and things still get worse and worse and worse, then the problem probably lies with the people who DON'T change - the owner, chairman, and board?

And before anyone tells me that there have been numerous changes to the board, the main man has stayed the same, supported and endorsed by the owner.

They don't change, and the buck stops with them.

They've had control of Hibs for how many years? Too many. Well, the results of their methods and attitudes are now plain to see.

They've brought me to the brink of walking away because I really can't take any more of their incompetence and complacency and lack of concern for Hibs as they really should be, and the smug assumption that just because I've gone along in the past regardless of what they've been doing to my team, I'll continue to go along, pay my money, cheer the minor successes that even they manage to achieve from time to time, and always come back for more.

That's what really annoys me - the assumption that somehow the fans owe THEM the loyalty and commitment they refuse to give to the team.

And it's ALL about the team, not the club as such, but the team. Because the only reason for a football club's existence is to put a team on the pitch. That's how the club's judged, that's what matters - the team. Petrie and Farmer don't seem to understand that, not even after all this time.

I want Petrie gone, and if Farmer doesn't understand that, and there's no other option but the one he offers, then I'm sorry, but I see no decent future for the team.

As a great man said in a different context a long time ago -

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately - depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the Name of God, go!"

In this context I'm not sure I would have chosen a tyrannical, self-obsessed, intolerant charlatan like Cromwell as my quote source....

.....on the other hand he was joyless, anti-democratic and ultimately divisive and hypocritical so crack on.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 04:13 PM

Thereafter, we as a support need to unite for change. For far too long we have been underachieving and even worse flirting with disaster. We need a summer of change and real and
meaningful engagement.

:top marksLets hope we can stay up and that is the main focus but the momentum for change must be maintained whatever the outcome, i think a line has been crossed with the supporters but mind you i have thought that before !.

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Aye because he's too up his ain erse tae realise he's the biggest part of the problem and rather than admit that he'll stay and run the club further down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as upset as the next, but threads like this don't, and won't change anything soon.

He does give up easily. Thats why we rarely hear a peep out of him when things go wrong. I think he's beginning to realize that he can't do much else for the club now and may choose to part ways.

I honestly can't see why he would though, unless you know some thing we don't? Or ar eyou just, wishing.

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Some have said that he owns 10% of the club can anyone confirm the truth in this rumour ? anyway he is thick skinned enough to not let a 6 page thread on here bother him lets be honest a couple of wins and all will go quiet again

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 04:22 PM
You are Rod Petrie and I claim my £5

DD just because my opinions differ from yours? Who would do a better job you seem to be on every thread wanting RP gone so who would you replace him with? I am only asking?

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm as upset as the next, but threads like this don't, and won't change anything soon.

I honestly can't see why he would though, unless you know some thing we don't? Or ar eyou just, wishing.

How not? They can gain support and gather momentum to get people on board and force petries hand.

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 04:59 PM
How not? They can gain support and gather momentum to get people on board and force petries hand.

Because we have a bigger fight on our hands right now, let's get the season over in the knowledge that we are still in the SPFL....... Not the right time for me. :wink:

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Utterly ridiculous. Petrie's hand cannot be forced.

Unless that is you want to go nuclear with a season ticket/walk up boycott, because that is the one and only card the fans are holding in this poker game. And if you go that path STF will, without question, default to 'the owner of the business runs the business, time to teach these people the hard facts'.

Petrie's not going anywhere unless he chooses to do so of his own volition.

BTW, I'm not even sure Petrie is the problem or that his leaving is the answer....

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 05:02 PM

Unless that is you want to go nuclear with a season ticket/walk up boycott, because that is the one and only card the fans are holding in this poker game. And if you go that path STF will, without question, default to 'the owner of the business runs the business, time to teach these people the hard facts'.

BTW, I'm not even sure Petrie is the problem or that his leaving is the answer....

:agree:

He has been good for us in the whole scheme of things...........

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 05:19 PM

No it's not.

Nonsense he he can be forced out if pressure is great enough.

Who or what is the problem then?

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 05:21 PM
No it's not.

I'm afraid that you asserting this as a truth does not make it so. There is no mechanism to achieve this no matter how great the pain you may be feeling compels you to will it.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 05:32 PM

The company is not being run into the ground.

The Falcon
08-04-2014, 05:35 PM
No it's not.

Who or what is the problem then?

So what's stopping you from showing us how to run a football club successfully. The club's for sale.

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 05:36 PM
The company is not being run into the ground.Yes, a business that has lost thousands and thousands of is paying customers is one that is doing well. :agree:

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Ambition should be regular top 4 in the league with the resources, stadium, training centre, youth policy, fans ...... Regulary in Europe based on league positions and some cup wins?

I thought that was why we changed the manager?

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 05:38 PM
The company is not being run into the ground.

Yes it is. Perhaps not in the accounts, but where it matters the most to fans.

The club's for sale.

No it isn't.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 05:41 PM
So what's stopping you from showing us how to run a football club successfully. The club's for sale.

According to you follow Rods example !, He should remember that WE the fans are the football club not him, without us he, Farmer or anyone else for that matter have no power as we the fans keep the club afloat and he should ignore that at his peril !.

The Falcon
08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
According to you follow Rods example !, He should remember that WE the fans are the football club not him, without us he, Farmer or anyone else for that matter have no power as we the fans keep the club afloat and he should ignore that at his peril !.

Then stop bumping your gums and do something.

The Falcon
08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
No it isn't.

Make an offer and see.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Yes, a business that has lost thousands and thousands of is paying customers is one that is doing well. :agree:

Hermit Crab said the company was being run into the ground. Its not

The team is sheite but the company is stable. If less folk attend then we will have less money but the company will not be risked. That is clear.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Make an offer and see.

Farmer is a billionaire. You could offer him twice what the club is worth and he still wouldn't sell up, because he doesn't need to.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Farmer is a billionaire. You could offer him twice what the club is worth and he still wouldn't sell up, because he doesn't need to.

:hilarious

Fekn hilarious.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-04-2014, 06:28 PM

I want the so-an-so OUT.

Sorry but that's Uninformed unhelpful dishwater and doesn't deserve to tarnish a good cause IMO we're all hacked off but scatter-gunning and hitting good causes in the process is pretty poor.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Then stop bumping your gums and do something.

I am , i'm trying to get him out. bump.

The Falcon
08-04-2014, 06:45 PM

daud oan

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 06:45 PM

Good man. The rest will follow.

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Petrie is driving fans away now he is a lialiability

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Petrie is driving fans away now he is a lialiability

agree :agree: He provides no incentive for fans to turn up.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 07:01 PM

What the actual F?

SMAXXA
08-04-2014, 07:02 PM
I thnk he has made mistakes yes but has also done a lot of good. When we as a team are crap through bad management or crap players you always see a thread like this popping up, it's like the 5-1 comfort blanket they use over the road. He has appointed some poor managers but also some of these managers were fairly reasonable appointments beforehand. Take butcher, there's not many that would say he wasn't a decent appointment, I believe he was the right appointment at the time but have my doubts over him since he's taken the job, again I don't think Petrie can be blamed for this. He's not driving fans away, poor management on the paying front is doing that job very comprehnsivley.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 07:05 PM

Exactly. When Butcher was 'secured' the talk on here was that "Petrie better push the boat out to get Malpas and Marsella as well", which is exactly what he did (and it wouldn't have been cheap). The crappy January transfer window came and went with Butcher himself stating that he preferred to wait until the summer to do non-loan deals. He could have said that he couldn't bring anyone in unless he moved people on, but he didn't, which suggests to me that he did have a bit of leeway.

Why did Hibs part company with Pat Fenlon (who apparently wasn't a Petrie appointment)? There was no apparent danger of relegation. It was because the football wasn't good enough and our progress in the league matched neither the fans' nor the club's expectations.

Petrie and the board showed their level of ambition at that time in changing the management team for one almost everyone wanted. What's Petrie done since then that people have decided he's the villain of the piece (yet again)? OK he hasn't made any statements about what's happening on the pitch, but you can be sure that there are some on here who'll massacre him whatever he says.

Many think it's time for him to go. Well SO DOES HE and you'd have to be blind not to see it. He no longer takes a salary from the club and over the past few years there's been a fair bit of movement in the boardroom as RP/STF try to get the right team in place to take the club forward. So far it hasn't happened but it won't be long IMHO.

Everyone needs to pull together to get us through this season, then let TB unload some of the dross he inherited and build his own team with, as always, the full backing of the board.

Tyler Durden
08-04-2014, 07:13 PM
I thnk he has made mistakes yes but has also done a lot of good. When we as a team are crap through bad management or crap players you always see a thread like this popping up, it's like the 5-1 comfort blanket they use over the road. He has appointed some poor managers but also some of these managers were fairly reasonable appointments beforehand. Take butcher, there's not many that would say he wasn't a decent appointment, I believe he was the right appointment at the time but have my doubts over him since he's taken the job, again I don't think Petrie can be blamed for this. He's not driving fans away, poor management on the paying front is doing that job very comprehnsivley.

It's really irrelevant if management appointments looked good beforehand or the majority of fans agreed. If they ultimately fail, then the line manager ie Petrie is accountable. That is the way any business hierarchy operates. 1 or 2 failures could be understood, but not 4/5 in a row.

The fact that several of these managers left under a cloud, with questions as to whether they resigned or were sacked is even worse.

Petrie's position was untenable after the Calderwood fiasco which likely cost us £500k+. He stayed on and we've lurched on to ever greater embarrassment with more fans deserting Hibs every year.

The Falcon
08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
It's really irrelevant if management appointments looked good beforehand or the majority of fans agreed. If they ultimately fail, then the line manager ie Petrie is accountable. That is the way any business hierarchy operates. 1 or 2 failures could be understood, but not 4/5 in a row.

The fact that several of these managers left under a cloud, with questions as to whether they resigned or were sacked is even worse.

Petrie's position was untenable after the Calderwood fiasco which likely cost us £500k+. He stayed on and we've lurched on to ever greater embarrassment with more fans deserting Hibs every year.

How many did Aberdeen have?

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 07:19 PM
What the actual F?

Farmer sold Kwik-Fit to Ford for over a billion pound and he wasn't exactly digging deep for change before hand. :rolleyes:

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Hermit Crab said the company was being run into the ground. Its not

The team is sheite but the company is stable. If less folk attend then we will have less money but the company will not be risked. That is clear.

I'm delighted the company is doing well. Thank the Lord.

Is there a League table I can look out to see how the Company is doing compared to other Companies?

Jeezo - what utter nonsense.

The Club the Company runs, the only thing it actually does is failing, every year, losing customers, losing matches and losing revenue.

Wake up.

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 07:25 PM

So if we have the same number of failures as Aberdeen will we then be successful?

Tyler Durden
08-04-2014, 07:26 PM

Not sure, why is that relevant to this discussion?

Do you disagree with my opinion?

Pretty Boy

Since 2004 excluding caretakers:

Jimmy Calderwood had a win percentage of 42% and qualified for Europe regularly including the group stages and knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Mark McGhee had a win percentage of 24%. Obviously a failure.

Craig Brown had a win percentage of 29%, I'd say failure but some credit him with 'steadying the ship' though

Derek McInnes has a win percentage of 52% and has won a trophy.

Since they had Calderwood we have had: Mowbray (48%), Collins (42% and a cup), Mixu (30%), Hughes (35%), Calderwood (24%), Fenlon (35%) and Butcher (22%).

Kaiser1962

Is there a League table I can look out to see how the Company is doing compared to other Companies?

The Club the Company runs, the only thing it actually does is failing, every year, losing customers, losing matches and losing revenue.

Wake up.

Yet Rangers is/was the most successful club in the world. Playing to full houses and winning trophy after trophy.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 07:27 PM

Wake up.

Spot on. :top marks

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Since 2004 excluding caretakers:

Jimmy Calderwood had a win percentage of 42% and qualified for Europe regularly including the group stages and knockout rounds of the Europa League.

Mark McGhee had a win percentage of 24%. Obviously a failure.

Craig Brown had a win percentage of 29%, I'd say failure but some credit him with 'steadying the ship' though

Derek McInnes has a win percentage of 52% and has won a trophy.

Since they had Calderwood we have had: Mowbray (48%), Collins (42% and a cup), Mixu (30%), Hughes (35%), Calderwood (24%), Fenlon (35%) and Butcher (22%).

I think he did that and laid the foundations for McInnes.

How about further back? To their last trophy in 1996 and compared to us?

Pretty Boy
08-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Farmer sold Kwik-Fit to Ford for over a billion pound and he wasn't exactly digging deep for change before hand. :rolleyes:

One billion dollars.

I'm sure he didn't pocket the lot either.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 07:29 PM

He personally made nowhere near that from the deal.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I think he did that and laid the foundations for McInnes.

How about further back? To their last trophy in 1996 and compared to us?

Probably about the same level of mediocrity we had between 1991 and 2007 with a few highs and a relegation (although they dodged theirs).

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 07:33 PM
One billion dollars.

I'm sure he didn't pocket the lot either.

Nope. One billion pound.

He personally made nowhere near that from the deal.

That was the deal. Ford paid him over one billion pound for his company. Why would he not get anywhere near that amount if thats how much he sold it for?

Pretty Boy
08-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Nope. One billion pound.

That was the deal. Ford paid him over one billion pound for his company. Why would he not get anywhere near that amount if thats how much he sold it for?

Yep you're right, my currency conversion is pish.

Anyway The Rich List has STF as Scotlands 33rd richest person with a net worth of £136M so either he has blown a ****ing fortune or he never personally made £1bn from that deal.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 07:40 PM

Anyway The Rich List has STF as Scotlands 33rd richest person with a net worth of £136M so either he has blown a ****ing fortune or he never personally made £1bn from that deal.

And Vlad had £200m in the 2012 one. :cb

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 07:41 PM

Exactly. I don't think the billion pound figure is correct. From what I remember the deal was around £200m.

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Yet Rangers is/was the most successful club in the world. Playing to full houses and winning trophy after trophy.

Blimey we wouldn't want to do that. Full houses and trophies?

How are the other Companies we're up against doing?

The truth - the real truth now - is that the Company is irrelevant. The Rangers have recreated the model. Hearts might be liquidated but they'll be back. Nothing changes - history intact, Club badge the same, same strip, same stadium. Few years winning nearly every game and then back in the big time. Fearing administration is now irrational - shed your debt and carry on. The SFA have created the condition to allow any Club to do this - either via Admin or the Big L.

Cropley10
08-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Nope. One billion pound.

So he owned 100% of the equity? And they paid cash up front?

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 07:43 PM

He has appointed the beaney counter lady another hanger on and prawn sandwich club member

The Falcon
08-04-2014, 07:51 PM
He has appointed the beaney counter lady another hanger on and prawn sandwich club member

Who's that?

matty_f
08-04-2014, 07:57 PM

Sometimes it's better to just not post.

cocopops1875
08-04-2014, 08:01 PM
According to wiki it was 1.6 billion dollars, now if I'm not mistaken there is a difference in what constitutes 1billion in the states and in the uk.
Stand corrected
In British English, a billion used to be equivalent to a million million (i.e. 1,000,000,000,000), while in American English it has always equated to a thousand million (i.e. 1,000,000,000). British English has now adopted the American figure, though, so that a billion equals a thousand million in both varieties of English.

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Make an offer and see.

£1 seems like a good offer, plenty clubs seem to be sold for that price nowadays.

stuart62
08-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Totally agree, Petrie has to go. I've had enough now !!

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 08:16 PM
Nope. One billion pound.

Let's see:

Did he own the whole company, 100% of the shareholding?

What debt was in or associated with the company/Farmer that would have been cleared with part of the price paid?

How much of the income received would have been taxable?

How much of the fee had to be paid to the lawyers, accountants and other professionals who brokered the deal?

He's worth nothing remotely like £1 billion. It's just plain wrong to suggest he is.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Sometimes you just embarrass yourself.

Or you're a Yam at it.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 08:18 PM

oh dear.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Sometimes you just embarrass yourself.

Or you're a Yam at it.

There are many of those out in force yesterday and today.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Bye bye Petrie

gillythehibby
08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Totally agree, Petrie has to go. I've had enough now !!

Agreed , His time is probably up but who do you replace him with that can generate the income required to buy the quality that Hibs need? The fact is, Tom Farmer has always said if there was anyone else willing to take the club forward, he would listen to offers. It's not really about Rod P is it? Unless he decides to forget about the current strategy of running the club on a sound financial footing, I don't see much change. If we as fans had millions to spare, I would say RP would be someone who would look after that money and run the club well. The problem he has right now is generating enough income. Apparently he has appointed the correct man if the majority of fans are to be believed? So what else should he be doing?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Had to :greengrin - http://www.hibs.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12397&stc=1&d=1396988965

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 08:50 PM

Ltyf:kbacker:

FranckSuzy
08-04-2014, 09:12 PM

Leith Links as mentioned by me earlier

I think these systems are fantastic and I would also mention "The Hibernians" and Hibs Lotto but I do think there are fans who would rather contribute to a designated and guaranteed transfer fund. There is also the problem mentioned earlier in the thread that rightly or wrongly there is a suspicion that for every extra penny raised by the fans Rod will simply reduce the existing budget by a penny.

I did not know this give me the details on how to join 21 NOW

Apologies for the multi-quote as I totally hate them myself :wink: BUT, it's relevant :greengrin

Thanks cocopops, for your valiant efforts :aok:

Hibs have time and again assured fans that every single penny raised through season ticket sales go the Manager for his 'transfer fund'. The Kicks for Kids scheme is set up for fans to purchase STs so children, who wouldn't normally get the chance, can attend Hibs games. Win-win scenario, IMHO.

IF anyone is interested, please see here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?280410-Kicks-For-Kids-Fundraiser-2014-15-21-Season-Tickets-Bought-So-Far). More than £1,500 has already be raised from .netters alone and so far, Leith Links have enough to purchase another 30 tickets.

FranckSuzy
08-04-2014, 09:17 PM

I want the so-an-so OUT.

Let me get this right...are you saying that Rod Petrie is stealing money, money given in good faith by Hibbies to help out children who haven't had the best start in life, to aid his 'business plan'? Rrrrriiggghhht.

Sorry but that's Uninformed unhelpful dishwater and doesn't deserve to tarnish a good cause IMO we're all hacked off but scatter-gunning and hitting good causes in the process is pretty poor.

Thanks, I :aok:

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Exactly. When Butcher was 'secured' the talk on here was that "Petrie better push the boat out to get Malpas and Marsella as well", which is exactly what he did (and it wouldn't have been cheap). The crappy January transfer window came and went with Butcher himself stating that he preferred to wait until the summer to do non-loan deals. He could have said that he couldn't bring anyone in unless he moved people on, but he didn't, which suggests to me that he did have a bit of leeway.

Why did Hibs part company with Pat Fenlon (who apparently wasn't a Petrie appointment)? There was no apparent danger of relegation. It was because the football wasn't good enough and our progress in the league matched neither the fans' nor the club's expectations.

Petrie and the board showed their level of ambition at that time in changing the management team for one almost everyone wanted. What's Petrie done since then that people have decided he's the villain of the piece (yet again)? OK he hasn't made any statements about what's happening on the pitch, but you can be sure that there are some on here who'll massacre him whatever he says.

Many think it's time for him to go. Well SO DOES HE and you'd have to be blind not to see it. He no longer takes a salary from the club and over the past few years there's been a fair bit of movement in the boardroom as RP/STF try to get the right team in place to take the club forward. So far it hasn't happened but it won't be long IMHO.

Everyone needs to pull together to get us through this season, then let TB unload some of the dross he inherited and build his own team with, as always, the full backing of the board.
well said totally agree!

Leithenhibby
08-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Apologies for the multi-quote as I totally hate them myself :wink: BUT, it's relevant :greengrin

Hibs have time and again assured fans that every single penny raised through season ticket sales go the Manager for his 'transfer fund'. The Kicks for Kids scheme is set up for fans to purchase STs so children, who wouldn't normally get the chance, can attend Hibs games. Win-win scenario, IMHO.

IF anyone is interested, please see here (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?280410-Kicks-For-Kids-Fundraiser-2014-15-21-Season-Tickets-Bought-So-Far). More than £1,500 has already be raised from .netters alone and so far, Leith Links have enough to purchase another 30 tickets.

That is wonderful work FS, but I'm no so sure about this multi post malarkey - does ma heid in :na na:

Eyrie
08-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Or you've only just worked out how to use it :na na:

Anyone who has a spare fiver a month can set up a Leith Links DD to benefit both the kids and the club. Not everyone can afford it, but it is well worth doing if you can.

FranckSuzy
08-04-2014, 10:40 PM
That is wonderful work FS, but I'm no so sure about this multi post malarkey - does ma heid in :na na:

Or you've only just worked out how to use it :na na:

Anyone who has a spare fiver a month can set up a Leith Links DD to benefit both the kids and the club. Not everyone can afford it, but it is well worth doing if you can.

:wink:

WHUHibs
09-04-2014, 08:44 AM

Yes but you asked what was our ambition,,,that's mine but constantly choosing the wrong manager can't help us? Choosing the right man will and who is that decision down to? Not STF, not the fans so that leaves?

WHUHibs
09-04-2014, 08:51 AM
well said totally agree!

Not sure how it's possible to agree with a post that misses what I consider is the key for this.

Rod is a board member of a number of companies so he can draw a salary from that and that's not wrong in fact in would love to be able to do this. That means he is not full time and hence does not need to draw a salary.

The missing link is a full time CEO who can bring business acumen, energy, contacts, drive, vision to name a few key qualities. Yes he/she will cost 100k a year but will be able to generate income streams we currently do not have and perhaps additional investment through contacts.

Look at key clubs down south and most have gone that route and to me it seems a worthwhile investment and Rod can keep his shareholding? STF could also donate shares to such a person once they have proved themselves to retain their services.

Just a thought but then again perhaps we are not forward thinking enough and then it won't change!

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2014, 08:56 AM
For the umpteenth time..

Thats how it appears, and it also appears we will be thanking him for saving us nearly 25 years ago for the rest of our bloody life.

Farmer and Petrie have outstayed any good they initially did or have done since. I certainly won't remember STF as the main reason now for saving the club from Mercer.

It will be the way he took over and made us the biggest bland football club in Scotland.

Kaiser1962
09-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Yes but you asked what was our ambition,,,that's mine but constantly choosing the wrong manager can't help us? Choosing the right man will and who is that decision down to? Not STF, not the fans so that leaves?

I thought we changed manager because the one that was in post did not have the team performing as it should.

If not Butcher then who?

WHUHibs
09-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I thought we changed manager because the one that was in post did not have the team performing as it should.

If not Butcher then who?

Personally I wanted Butcher and still think he will turn it around so no change providing he can bring in the players he wants/needs.

My point was that we have had a lot of managers over the years and all have failed to achieve what I would hope was regular top 4 places, European football and some cup wins...so I feel that the only person who can select the winning manager is Rod and he hasn't for whatever reason. I hope we are right this time but should that mean that no blame can be attached for previous failures?

We are an under achieving club with better resources than most so ,,,I believe Rod has to take the blame for our abject failure.

Saorsa
09-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Personally I wanted Butcher and still think he will turn it around so no change providing he can bring in the players he wants/needs.

My point was that we have had a lot of managers over the years and all have failed to achieve what I would hope was regular top 4 places, European football and some cup wins...so I feel that the only person who can select the winning manager is Rod and he hasn't for whatever reason. I hope we are right this time but should that mean that no blame can be attached for previous failures?

We are an under achieving club with better resources than most so ,,,I believe Rod has to take the blame for our abject failure.Nah, he's only responsible for the good stuff.

It's something/anything/somebody/everybody else's fault when things have gone wrong. :agree: The fans are mostly tae blame :agree:

greenpaper55
09-04-2014, 09:57 AM
I don't believe that he ever stepped back from the selection process of CC, i bet others shuffled the cards but he would be the one who picked !.

Cropley10
09-04-2014, 10:20 AM
We shouldn't underestimate the job the Chairman has done when it comes to the recruitment of players. Dozens and dozens of players, almost every year.

jakeshibs
09-04-2014, 10:34 AM
Not sure how it's possible to agree with a post that misses what I consider is the key for this.

Rod is a board member of a number of companies so he can draw a salary from that and that's not wrong in fact in would love to be able to do this. That means he is not full time and hence does not need to draw a salary.

The missing link is a full time CEO who can bring business acumen, energy, contacts, drive, vision to name a few key qualities. Yes he/she will cost 100k a year but will be able to generate income streams we currently do not have and perhaps additional investment through contacts.

Look at key clubs down south and most have gone that route and to me it seems a worthwhile investment and Rod can keep his shareholding? STF could also donate shares to such a person once they have proved themselves to retain their services.

Just a thought but then again perhaps we are not forward thinking enough and then it won't change!

off the pitch we are in one of the best positions in Scotland this is down to RP and his business acumen, off the pitch we are more successful than most other clubs .

its on the pitch where we have failed, RP has appointed and sacked managers at our requests then we blame him for what we the fans wanted, he will never be right, if we win he was lucky and when we lose its his fault.

just my opinion .

Saorsa
09-04-2014, 10:36 AM
off the pitch we are in one of the best positions in Scotland this is down to RP and his business acumen, off the pitch we are more successful than most other clubs .

its on the pitch where we have failed, RP has appointed and sacked managers at our requests then we blame him for what we the fans wanted, he will never be right, if we win he was lucky and when we lose its his fault.

just my opinion .:faf: :faf: I knew it was the fans fault, said so above :faf:

Good post, I agree, totally agree, well said.

Peevemor
09-04-2014, 10:58 AM

I don't agree that I missed that point.

For me the likes of Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay were being groomed to eventually take over the running of the club but moved on when things didn't work out and I believe moves are already afoot to replace RP.

--------
09-04-2014, 12:10 PM
We shouldn't underestimate the job the Chairman has done when it comes to the recruitment of players. Dozens and dozens of players, almost every year.

:agree: He's recruited more players than any other chairman I can think of.

And managers. He's very good at that, too. :rolleyes:

WHUHibs
09-04-2014, 12:18 PM
I don't agree that I missed that point.

For me the likes of Fife Hyland and Scott Lindsay were being groomed to eventually take over the running of the club but moved on when things didn't work out and I believe moves are already afoot to replace RP.

Fyffe to be fair was never CEO material and Scott could have been but was from a business which was not particularly dynamic. We need a CEO with a good track record in innovation, creativity, forward thinking and visionary, excellent communicator with his/her customers. Sadly I don't believe either of them did that but that's just my opinion as a fan and certainly Rod is not.

It's good to hear from you that Rod is looking at this but where did you hear that from?

The Falcon
09-04-2014, 12:18 PM

We are an under achieving club with better resources than most so ,,,I believe Rod has to take the blame for our abject failure.

We've not done that since the late 40's early 50's.

I would give Butcher the time but he an only bring in the players that are affordable. That's what he and his team were bought into do.

WHUHibs
09-04-2014, 12:21 PM

just my opinion .

Good we all have opinions and ones that differ as that creates good discussion but you cannot be serious when you say he sacked managers just because we wanted him to? He made the mistakes in hiring the wrong people and had to remove them because he could see that the customers I.e the fans were not putting our hands in our pockets which affects income.

WHUHibs
09-04-2014, 12:23 PM
We've not done that since the late 40's early 50's.

I would give Butcher the time but he an only bring in the players that are affordable. That's what he and his team were bought into do.

I agree but it's my ambition to find that as it is with every fan and if we don't then surely we can ask questions on how we can do that. With everything we have off the pitch surely a formula can be found on the pitch,,,we are one of the best run clubs but do we really have the ambition to be a force in scottish football which is probably at its weakest for a long time without Rangers.

Big Frank
09-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Let's see:

Did he own the whole company, 100% of the shareholding?

What debt was in or associated with the company/Farmer that would have been cleared with part of the price paid?

How much of the income received would have been taxable?

How much of the fee had to be paid to the lawyers, accountants and other professionals who brokered the deal?

He's worth nothing remotely like £1 billion. It's just plain wrong to suggest he is.

correct. Sir Tom comes in around the £150 million personal fortune in the annual times rich list. .... iirc, a little bit less these last 2 years.

certainly, the lad could wipe out all Hibernians outstanding mortgage / debts, and not notice it..... or gift us a proper warchest :wink:

jakeshibs
09-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Good we all have opinions and ones that differ as that creates good discussion but you cannot be serious when you say he sacked managers just because we wanted him to? He made the mistakes in hiring the wrong people and had to remove them because he could see that the customers I.e the fans were not putting our hands in our pockets which affects income.

so your saying he intentionally signed poor managers really???? hindsight is a wonderful thing but he defo sacked them because we the fans were/are not happy. he took a risk with TM and it worked, some idiots along the way CC etc but there is no guaranteed solution hen appointing a manager look at our history over the past 100 years, do you not think if there was we would of done it by now.

we all asked for TB and his team an he delivered, lets see if he backs him in the summer

jakeshibs
09-04-2014, 12:40 PM
:faf: :faf: I knew it was the fans fault, said so above :faf:

Good post, I agree, totally agree, well said.

have I said some thing that's not true? I never said it was the fans fault only he did what we wanted ! I asked you who you would replace RP with ad you have still not answered so please give me the benefit of your wisdom as you seem to know!

Saorsa
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM

just my opinion .I find that argument absolutely hilarious, is it actually a serious defence of Petrie, his managerial appointments and their subsequent failures? If it is you should give it up.

Collins was a popular appointment with the fans because he was a fans favourite as a player as was Mixu, as was Hughes, why would anybody no welcome them and hope they would succeed. They weren't popular appointments because everybody knew they were good managers, because naebody knew anything. Hughes had kept a bottom 6 team in the bottom 6 (and nearly put them down in his last season), Mixu had a little experience, Collins even less. Nae fans were privy tae the selection process, nae fans knew what questions were asked and what answers were given that made Petrie think they were suitable appointments. Are you really suggesting they were appointed simply on the basis that the fans liked/wanted them? If they were he should walk just for that. One walked because he couldnae work here, the other two were mutually consented by Petrie tae take the heat off him.

How do Colin Deadwood and Pat Fenlon fit in tae your theory that Petrie appointed managers the fans wanted? Who's getting the blame from you for them and their appointments and subsequent failures? They weren't fans favourites and maist folk had never heard of them. Again one was mutually consented and one sacked by Petrie tae take the heat off him.

Peevemor
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Nope. One billion pound.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ODpZNuh1rC8/UbkUwu6pnVI/AAAAAAAAIgs/CRbgAbhsUiM/s320/dr-evil.jpg

jakeshibs
09-04-2014, 03:13 PM
I find that argument absolutely hilarious, is it actually a serious defence of Petrie, his managerial appointments and their subsequent failures? If it is you should give it up.

Collins was a popular appointment with the fans because he was a fans favourite as a player as was Mixu as was Hughes, why would anybody no welcome them and hope they would succeed. They weren't popular appointments because everybody knew they were good managers, because naebody knew anything. Mixu had a little experience, Collins even less. Nae fans were privy tae the selection process, nae fans knew what questions were asked and what answers were given that made Petrie think they were suitable appointments. Are you really suggesting they were appointed simply on the basis that the fans liked/wanted them? If they were he should walk just for that. One walked because he couldnae work here, the other two were mutually consented by Petrie tae take the heat off him.

How do Colin Deadwood and Pat Fenlon fit in tae your theory that Petrie appointed managers the fans wanted? Who's getting the blame from you for them and their appointments and subsequent failures? They weren't fans favourites and maist folk had never heard of them. Again one was mutually consented and one sacked by Petrie tae take the heat off him.

I find you on every thread wanting RP sacked hilarious and you still have not named your guaranteed successor who will lead us to the holy grail or to the success that we deserve, not everyone shares your opinion just look at the poll ,we are all entitled to ours just as well as your are

Mikey
09-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Nope. One billion pound.

Don't you think it would be worth finding out how much he actually got rather than picking the figure you want and running with it?

matty_f
09-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Don't you think it would be worth finding out how much he actually got rather than picking the figure you want and running with it?

You're using logic, rather than Hibercalogic.

oregonhibby
09-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I think if you google it a paper at the time quoted that he received £70 - £80m. Might be wrong! Still a mere bagatelle!!

Facts in any argument do help and I stand to be corrected.