PDA

View Full Version : #petrieout

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Chibs
21-04-2014, 03:52 PM
What about the current mess .. where is STF? What has RP done to stem the ever downward spiral since 2007?
There is none so blind who cannot see.
have a wee glance in the direction of EH 11

Pretty Boy
21-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Is there no middle ground?

Every time someone suggests change at ER there are inevitable hysterical shouts about Rangers, Leeds, Portsmouth, Hearts etc.

Is there no examples of relatively successful clubs who are also well run financially?

jeffers
21-04-2014, 03:59 PM

Every time someone suggests change at ER there are inevitable hysterical shouts about Rangers, Leeds, Portsmouth, Hearts etc.

Is there no examples of relatively successful clubs who are also well run financially?

Exactly. Going by some of the logic on here we'll just be shutting up shop when RP & STF move on as we can't possibly do well without them........

Sir David Gray
21-04-2014, 04:01 PM

:agree: Really annoys me seeing arguments like this.

Just because we want to see a change at the top of the club doesn't necessarily mean that we're going to end up with our own Vladimir Romanov taking over.

It's just nonsense.

The Green Goblin
21-04-2014, 04:10 PM

I can see. I can see every week as we get pumped by every other team in the league and I see us yet again toiling to avoid relegation in a league without Rangers or a normal strength Hearts. Have a wee glance yourself, at our last few years, at our league placings, results and at our current "team" on the park and the life-long fans who are turning their back on the club. What would you suggest we do to turn things around? I would suggest we begin the search for someone to take RP's place who has the vision and interest to change the club for the better.

Chibs
21-04-2014, 04:20 PM

hysterical??
Of the teams you quote one is dead another will likely follow.
as for Leeds and Portsmouth they mean hee haw to me but sure sure as **** I do not want to end up l
like them.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Interesting that this thread is about RP standing down but has quickly been turned into a thread more about STF.

The idea/argument that there is nobody else alive who could:

A Do Rod Petrie's job
B Do it better than he does

is just about the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Who said either of those two things?

jakeshibs
21-04-2014, 04:26 PM
In my opinion RP is a scapegoat, he never lost the game on Saturday the players did!!!

Yes he has appointed some managers who have been crap, but the team on the park is not his real business but the managers unless he is now taking training etc ?
IMO he is everyone's excuse as to our poor performances on the park and I just disagree, the parts of the club off the park that he is responsible for he has done an outstanding job, decreased debt better facilities, brought stability in a very harsh financial climate.

The players and management are solely responsible for results on the park. (IMO)

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Exactly. Going by some of the logic on here we'll just be shutting up shop when RP & STF move on as we can't possibly do well without them........

The problem is that someone will have to buy the club or STF will have to give it away, sell to the community for £1 like SH says.

Or sell it for houses which would be the most financially rewarding scenario for him.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Simples - all the posters on this forum that want RP to go, club together and buy Hibs, should only cost you a few million.

Or you could contact the list of millionaires what want to buy an SPFL team.

Remember one thing - STF wont come back again, and sort out another mess.

Dont be frightened DH, its only your shadow? :rolleyes:

Chibs
21-04-2014, 04:37 PM
The problem is that someone will have to buy the club or STF will have to give it away, sell to the community for £1 like SH says.

Or sell it for houses which would be the most financially rewarding scenario for him.
You should posting on sickbag:cb

we are hibs
21-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Petrie doesn't give a **** about hibs or what happens on the park unless it's affecting fianances and before anyone jumps in with this "he's a hibs supporter" pish if he really was a hibs supporter he would have walked by now.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 04:40 PM
You should posting on sickbag:cb

So which bit isn't true?

J-C
21-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Petrie doesn't give a **** about hibs or what happens on the park unless it's affecting fianances and before anyone jumps in with this "he's a hibs supporter" pish if he really was a hibs supporter he would have walked by now.

Petrie never has and never will be a Hibs supporter, he was a business colleague of Farmer who was given the gig because of his control with money, Farmer has no intention of investing any more than need be into Hibs, hence why until the two are gone, we'll languish in mid to low table for the foreseeable future.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 04:41 PM

With three Scottish Cups since 98 and some memorable European nights, a 2nd place and some top 4 finishes thrown in?

About to be relegated with no debt?

The new blueprint for Scottish Football is don't worry about Admin or even Liquidation - you can come back.

--------
21-04-2014, 04:42 PM
And STF is going to replace him with ? :rolleyes:

Why does someone ALWAYS come out with this response when the question of Petrie's resignation/replacement is raised?

The guy's ruining the club. How many chances does he get to sort things out? Collins-Paatelainen-Hughes-Calderwood-Fenlon-Butcher were his serial responses to increasingly serious problems on the field. He appointed Mowbray (his only success to date) and certainly also had a finger (more likely both hands) in the appointment of Williamson. He's been on the board since 1996 and managing director/chairman/CEO - the guy who runs things, whatever the title - since 1997. Sir Tom Farmer's blue-eyed boy - according to STF, in all Scottish football one couldn't possibly find a better Great Helmsman than Roderick MacKenzie Petrie.

Well, as far as I can see, Great Helmsman than Roderick MacKenzie Petrie has managed to steer the club I've followed since I was a teenager right up Ordure Creek and run it fast aground on a stinking ****-bank with no sign of a paddle anywhere to be seen.

So right now my concern isn't who takes over. I want to see HIM gone. He's a disaster who just doesn't go away, and he's going to totally destroy this club if he's left in charge much longer.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 04:43 PM

Why does STF need to sell it exactly?

And if he pledged to save Hibs from extinction, why would he sell it for housing? That's a ridiculous statement.

Chibs
21-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Utter Pish

we are hibs
21-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Utter Pish

Is it aye? What has he done to help the footballing side of hibernian in the past 4 years? The cons outweighs the pros in the should Petrie stay or go debate.

jeffers
21-04-2014, 04:46 PM

If I'm honest I'm not really sure what point you are making here. At some time in the future neither STF and RP will not be involved with Hibs and I very much doubt that we will just cease to exist, we will go on.

Fwiw I think RP gets blamed for some things that are not his fault, but under his stewardship, for whatever reasons, we are on a downward spiral. A lot of us are of the opinion that it is time for someone else to take over the day to day running of the club, setting the direction we want to head in. Other than STF's (blind) faith in RP why can't that happen ? If RP was to move on to a full time job with the SFA STF would need to find a replacement then, why can't he do so now ? I just don't buy the argument that there is no alternative to RP and that the only way a change can be affected is for someone else to have to buy the club. Nor do I believe if RP moves on the only outcome is for us to head the same way as Leeds or Portsmouth - why can't it be the same as Dundee Utd, Motherwell or St Johnstone ?

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Why does STF need to sell it exactly?

And if he pledged to save Hibs from extinction, why would he sell it for housing? That's a ridiculous statement.

Do you think it would sell for more if it was sold as a football club than if it was developed for housing?

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Why does someone ALWAYS come out with this response when the question of Petrie's resignation/replacement is raised?

The guy's ruining the club. How many chances does he get to sort things out? Collins-Paatelainen-Hughes-Calderwood-Fenlon-Butcher were his serial responses to increasingly serious problems on the field. He appointed Mowbray (his only success to date) and certainly also had a finger (more likely both hands) in the appointment of Williamson. He's been on the board since 1996 and managing director/chairman/CEO - the guy who runs things, whatever the title - since 1997. Sir Tom Farmer's blue-eyed boy - according to STF, in all Scottish football one couldn't possibly find a better Great Helmsman than Roderick MacKenzie Petrie.

Well, as far as I can see, Great Helmsman than Roderick MacKenzie Petrie has managed to steer the club I've followed since I was a teenager right up Ordure Creek and run it fast aground on a stinking ****-bank with no sign of a paddle anywhere to be seen.

So right now my concern isn't who takes over. I want to see HIM gone. He's a disaster who just doesn't go away, and he's going to totally destroy this club if he's left in charge much longer.

Great post.

The thing about any league competition is that it's not about 'Personal Bests' - you have to measure yourself against your competition on and off the field. And you need to do that regularly, and you need to review your criteria too.

Right now it's obvious that Hibs have been under-achieving for years. Yet Petrie and Farmer believe they're both doing a good job, but based on old criteria. Everyone's moving on - we're not.

Petrie is the one constant - and whether he likes it or not, or The Falcon likes it not - he's not, by any measure, putting a successful team on the park. He is responsible for this.

When you compare Petrie to St Johnstone, Motherwell or United's Chairmen he's patently a failure.

Those who support him clearly support failure too.

stevejordan
21-04-2014, 04:50 PM
:top marks

It is about the culture and we are known as the tightest team in the SPFL.

Speaking with ex players and with stories constantly appearing about low wages we pay to key performers we continue to struggle.

An ex player told me that the wage structure also hindered bringing in 3 or 4 decent players and other squad members earning less but still being valued in the team.

Instead we had a similar wage cap for nearly all players resulting in average players and no standouts. There is no coincidence when we had Latapy and co they got a bit more but deserved it - but they brought the best out of lower paid players - John O'Neil etc.

When we have splashed the cash (supposedly) we spend it on someone like James Collins which is criminal.

We are never going to get better till the culture improves - Mowbray and Collins changed the playing culture and got success but could have been more successful if they had more backing (key players sold off). The rest of the managers have tried to change the playing culture but failed - add that to rubbish players we have had and your destined to fail again and again.

Collins rebelled he stood up to Petrie he tried to make changes that Petrie did not like and we all know the inevitable outcome of this battle.

Kato
21-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Collins rebelled he stood up to Petrie he tried to make changes that Petrie did not like and we all know the inevitable outcome of this battle.

Yes, Collins walked out.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 04:52 PM
If I'm honest I'm not really sure what point you are making here. At some time in the future neither STF and RP will not be involved with Hibs and I very much doubt that we will just cease to exist, we will go on.

I think that point is very close and we will continue.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Do you think it would sell for more if it was sold as a football club than if it was developed for housing?

Why does it need to be sold for housing? Why does STF need to make a huge profit?

What is the point of saving his Club from extinction if he then wants to make it extinct from selling it for housing.

So - it's not really an option is it?

What STF would like to see is a new owner not put the Club at a similar risk of extinction.

Obviously when you look at the new Scottish Football Blueprint - there's very little to fear from even Liquidation. The Rangers have proved this. The times have changed and STF can rest easy that the Club will survive his grand-children and even great grand-children as we have the infrastructure and fan base.

The Falcon
21-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Obviously when you look at the new Scottish Football Blueprint - there's very little to fear from even Liquidation.

Unfortunately no argument with that.

GreenCastle
21-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Yes, Collins walked out.

Yes, walked out because he wasn't supported by RP.

Another RP error and look what a shambles we have turned into since.

Would love to have JC back as manager and winning the league cup, playing good football and fittest team in the league.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Utter Pish

A Chairman who's watched us win a handful of big games in about 8 years.

If he wasn't a Hibs fan how we would know the difference.

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Great post.

The thing about any league competition is that it's not about 'Personal Bests' - you have to measure yourself against your competition on and off the field. And you need to do that regularly, and you need to review your criteria too.

Right now it's obvious that Hibs have been under-achieving for years. Yet Petrie and Farmer believe they're both doing a good job, but based on old criteria. Everyone's moving on - we're not.

Petrie is the one constant - and whether he likes it or not, or The Falcon likes it not - he's not, by any measure, putting a successful team on the park. He is responsible for this.

When you compare Petrie to St Johnstone, Motherwell or United's Chairmen he's patently a failure.

Those who support him clearly support failure too.

Some people are scared ****less of their own shadows, its like the gimps on the other side of town. Too scared to say anything about vlad incase he buggered off even when deep down they knew he was shafting them silly.

Hibernian football club existing but only just.:rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
21-04-2014, 05:13 PM
He could do the honourable thing by ****ing off out of my sight and taking the entire board with him. I never want to see his black teeth and his tache again. We desperately need a fresh approach.

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Some people are scared ****less of their own shadows, its like the gimps on the other side of town. Too scared to say anything about vlad incase he buggered off even when deep down they knew he was shafting them silly.

So if we dont shout at Rod Petrie and demand that he step down we must be scared?

Chibs
21-04-2014, 05:20 PM
With three Scottish Cups since 98 and some memorable European nights, a 2nd place and some top 4 finishes thrown in?

About to be relegated with no debt?

The new blueprint for Scottish Football is don't worry about Admin or even Liquidation - you can come back.
Not sure of your point.
I suspect that bunch of thieves will no longer exist sooner rather than later.
basically I want to see Hibernian F.C win trophhies without being called cheats

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Alex Ferguson in his autobiography lists 3 essentials that need to be in place in order for a manager to be successful at a club. One of these is 'a Chairman who understands the game'. If a manager is unable to tick off any one of the three, Ferguson suggests that manager is 'in for a battle'. We have a seemingly endless stream of managers who might agree. It is to be hoped that Butcher and Malpas are up for the battle.

A new board with a new accountant and Gordon Strachan as director of football would do it.

I wonder if an owner who buys the club 25 years ago for one reason or another but isn't interested in football and a chairman who is appointed 17 years ago to protect the owners investment would be a recipe for success for Ferguson?

Did Fergie not appoint Moyes as his successor?

147lothian
21-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Would love to have JC back as manager and winning the league cup, playing good football and fittest team in the league.

When Petrie, had the players at his house for a discussion when JC was on holiday, it showed that Petrie is the problem. That's the type of culture that needed changed, the sooner he goes the better

stevejordan
21-04-2014, 05:24 PM

Its ironic that the one Manager (TM Aside) that Petrie appoimted and was a good un RP Managed to make a mess of this by not backing him he backed a few rebell players who are now long gone another error of judgement by Petrie.

Every one he or someone designated by him to hire Managers sinse JC Has turned out to be a Dud JC If properly Backed would have worked no way would we be in this mess if JC Was still here and ironically would have saved a fortune.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Not sure of your point.
I suspect that bunch of thieves will no longer exist sooner rather than later.
basically I want to see Hibernian F.C win trophhies without being called cheats

My point?

Well constantly pointing at Gorgie and saying we don't want to end up like them seems to be yours.

Hearts fans of all ages have had a memorable ride, won big games and they're still here.

Pointing out that we don't want any of that is proving to be a moot point. As is the whole cheat thing.

flash
21-04-2014, 05:27 PM

Hibernian football club existing but only just.:rolleyes:

That will be the feardies who are still turning up to support their team while others snipe from the sidelines.
How dare they?

blackpoolhibs
21-04-2014, 05:28 PM
So if we dont shout at Rod Petrie and demand that he step down we must be scared?

You are entitled to do exactly what you like.

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 05:33 PM
You are entitled to do exactly what you like.

Dont worry I will, and fear will have nothing to do with it. :wink:

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 05:36 PM
When Petrie, had the players at his house for a discussion when JC was on holiday, it showed that Petrie is the problem. That's the type of culture that needed changed, the sooner he goes the better

Petrie held the meeting with the players on the advice, and under the instruction, of Amanda Jones who had just joined the club as Director.

Your point is what exactly?

Chibs
21-04-2014, 05:39 PM
My point?

Well constantly pointing at Gorgie and saying we don't want to end up like them seems to be yours.

Hearts fans of all ages have had a memorable ride, won big games and they're still here.

Pointing out that we don't want any of that is proving to be a moot point. As is the whole cheat thing.
Put on your pink blouse and twirl your pink ribbon
je ne regrette riien

Captain Trips
21-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Simples - all the posters on this forum that want RP to go, club together and buy Hibs, should only cost you a few million.

Or you could contact the list of millionaires what want to buy an SPFL team.

Remember one thing - STF wont come back again, and sort out another mess.

Regardless if we know of a replacement we do not work in those circles to see who is available and capable of doing job, I am quite prepared to have totally new people in charge of the club very happy to take that risk as at the moment we are in the position that isnt acceptable.

There are other people in this world capable of running a club well.

Saorsa
21-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Time for RP to admit he is not the right man for the job, if the clubs means so much to him he must admit he's taken it as far as he can.That was ages ago and now he's taking it backwards at a rate of knots.

Captain Trips
21-04-2014, 06:47 PM
That was ages ago and now he's taking it backwards at a rate of knots.

Correct.

stevejordan
21-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Petrie owns 10% of our club and he has full backing of Tom Farmer he also has very thick skin.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Put on your pink blouse and twirl your pink ribbon
je ne regrette riien

Bit early to be drinking or have you been at it all day?

Would you care to try and tell me what your point is? Or are you just being personally offensive?

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 06:55 PM
The point would be that if it happened in another workplace such a meeting would not necessarily happen because to do so places the manager completely offside.

If that was the advice then it was poor advice. (Before we get jumping up and down - 35 years HR experience and 20 at Board room level)

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 07:00 PM
The point would be that if it happened in another workplace such a meeting would not necessarily happen because to do so places the manager completely offside.

If that was the advice then it was poor advice. (Before we get jumping up and down - 35 years HR experience and 20 at Board room level)

And Amanda Jones is one of the foremost employment lawyers in the country.

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:02 PM
She is of course but she is a lawyer. There is a huge difference.

I have upmost respect for her and have worked with her but this was organisational and needed nous not a legal view. The law is always the last resort.

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2014, 07:04 PM
24 YEARS:

League wins ................................................. 0 ........ nobody expected one

Scottish Cup wins ..........................................0

League cup wins ........................................... 2

Qualified for UEFA Cup / Europa League ........... 5

Ist division winners ....................................... 1

Relegated .................................................. ...1

Derby record in all competitions:

Won ................. 20
Lost ................. 41
Drawn .............. 31 ...... 17 at ER.

The above includes three of the clubs worst ever results in its history .... IE that semi, that final and the worst aggregate score in the history of Scottish European football.

In the last 7 years the club has been in a downward spiral .. with two cup final appearances papering over the cracks.

We keep things the way they are and accept that the above is the measure of this club. We accept that nobody could have done better or can do better ....... or we look at the above dismal record and demand that the folk running the club find a way to do better or find someone who can.

As things stand at the moment I have no confidence whatsoever that the men responsible for the above record can do anything to change it. They do not have the ability to change things ............ worse than that, they do not have the ambition ......... or the courage.

Its as well that this club plays in Green ......................... What more fitting colour for something that's being allowed to stagnate !!!

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 07:04 PM

I have upmost respect for her and have worked with her but this was organisational and needed nous not a legal view. The law is always the last resort.

The employees felt they had a grievance and approached their boss's boss, what was he to do do?

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Doing things informally until you can no longer is best. Back the manager or sack him. Any equivocation will be read by the manager as a lack of support and that is probably the reason, amongst other things, why he walked.

It also depends what the grievance is - working us too hard? He has standards we cannot meet? He is a bully?

Involving Collins at the start may have hastened players leaving - there seemed to be a cull anyway - and retained him longer; I was told they tried, unsuccessfully, to keep him. They basically gave him a reason to walk.

As ever with a grievance you need to work out what the aggrieved party actually is trying to achieve. If it is him or us then you can forget about that as the players then run the club forever. If it is getting rid of both then objective achieved - however the state of the club today can be traced back to that one decision.

Just a view.

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Petrie held the meeting with the players on the advice, and under the instruction, of Amanda Jones who had just joined the club as Director.

You're absolutely sure about this are you?

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Is your avatar Rod and Ron from the Faces?

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Too small for an old man like me to aee

Dr Jimmy
21-04-2014, 07:32 PM
I can't believe people are still defending Petrie. How far do we have to sink before they question his leadership of the club and come to the conclusion that he has failed?

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Doing things informally until you can no longer is best. Back the manager or sack him. Any equivocation will be read by the manager as a lack of support and that is probably the reason, amongst other things, why he walked.

It also depends what the grievance is - working us too hard? He has standards we cannot meet? He is a bully?

Involving Collins at the start may have hastened players leaving - there seemed to be a cull anyway - and retained him longer; I was told they tried, unsuccessfully, to keep him. They basically gave him a reason to walk.

As ever with a grievance you need to work out what the aggrieved party actually is trying to achieve. If it is him or us then you can forget about that as the players then run the club forever. If it is getting rid of both then objective achieved - however the state of the club today can be traced back to that one decision.

Just a view.

But it was sorted quickly. Other than aquiescing to the meeting there has not been much criticism aimed at Hibs, at least with any substance to it.

If it had been a single player with a grievance then fair enough but it included all the senior players, and all but two of the first team squad, who were vocal in their support of the issues that concerned them. I have no doubt the players concerned picked their moment and if they felt that the Club would not support the manager why wait till he was out of the country? Hibs undoubtedly felt it could be resolved quickly, which it was.
Certain players never played again, were sold/moved on shortly after and one had their contract terminated. Rob Jones issued a public apology and John Collins stated that he had been fully supported by Rod Petrie in the matter.

I really dont see the problem to be honest.

Kaiser1962
21-04-2014, 07:44 PM
You're absolutely sure about this are you?

Yip.

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:45 PM
The problem was the manager left. It was all pretty public - on here and elsewhere and it could have been handled differently.

It is in the past in any case - we have more issues to worry us today!

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Is your avatar Rod and Ron from the Faces?

Nothing wrong with your eyes at all!

Cropley10
21-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Yip.

So what were their grievances?

oregonhibby
I will pm you with a painting my pal did for me. I also have a David Oxtoby print of red Rod!

Kaiser1962
The problem was the manager left. It was all pretty public - on here and elsewhere and it could have been handled differently.

It is in the past in any case - we have more issues to worry us today!

He stayed at the club longer after that event than he was there before it.

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:53 PM
He was at the Club hanging around Mowbray for a long time. The point is, is that he knew exactly what support he would receive. HR, at Board level, is all about the human factor, and not the law. Anyway, time to think about what we can expect from the team, and the key layers in the derby.

oregonhibby
21-04-2014, 07:57 PM
PS as the chairman will say to you....a football club is a strange place without a manager!

Chibs
21-04-2014, 08:56 PM
So what were their grievances?
You love an argument
:cb

rcarter1
21-04-2014, 09:12 PM
24 YEARS:

League wins ................................................. 0 ........ nobody expected one

Scottish Cup wins ..........................................0

League cup wins ........................................... 2

Qualified for UEFA Cup / Europa League ........... 5

Ist division winners ....................................... 1

Relegated .................................................. ...1

Derby record in all competitions:

Won ................. 20
Lost ................. 41
Drawn .............. 31 ...... 17 at ER.

The above includes three of the clubs worst ever results in its history .... IE that semi, that final and the worst aggregate score in the history of Scottish European football.

In the last 7 years the club has been in a downward spiral .. with two cup final appearances papering over the cracks.

We keep things the way they are and accept that the above is the measure of this club. We accept that nobody could have done better or can do better ....... or we look at the above dismal record and demand that the folk running the club find a way to do better or find someone who can.

As things stand at the moment I have no confidence whatsoever that the men responsible for the above record can do anything to change it. They do not have the ability to change things ............ worse than that, they do not have the ambition ......... or the courage.

Its as well that this club plays in Green ......................... What more fitting colour for something that's being allowed to stagnate !!!

Makes for depressing reading, and I agree its totally unacceptable. RP will say with some justification that Hearts have spent £60 million (?) unearned cash to achieve this. I would love to see new ownership with some initial investment and strong vision, but if we escape relegation, I suspect RP+co will ask to be judged over the next 24 years on a level playing field.

GreenCastle
21-04-2014, 10:53 PM

I know this has been talked about several times on this forum. The meeting happened and it was just one of several issues Collins didn't feel supported or comfortable with.

Collins had a severe passion for Hibs and got us playing some great football, was gaining discipline and we were a fit side. He was also well respected and won a trophy!

He walked due to lack of support and restraints as a manager. He is a quality coach and understands the game and has played at the top level. While that doesn't always make you a great manager / coach he had a clear philosophy and even now if you see him doing coaching sessions for Coerver Coaching etc he comes across very well.

Is it just a co-incidence that since then and all the talent we had we have rapidly gone down hill ?

RP needs replaced and the whole support structure and culture at ER needs reviewed. We don't need to be Leeds, Rangers, Yams (R) but we can get away from being the tightest team in Scotland.

Is the club for sale ? Come out and say it - make it public!

What are the plans for the future - what ambition are the board going to show to change the terrible years we have been put through ?

All simple questions but you will get generic bland responses from at every AGM / Meeting.

Captain Trips
21-04-2014, 11:04 PM
I know this has been talked about several times on this forum. The meeting happened and it was just one of several issues Collins didn't feel supported or comfortable with.

Collins had a severe passion for Hibs and got us playing some great football, was gaining discipline and we were a fit side. He was also well respected and won a trophy!

He walked due to lack of support and restraints as a manager. He is a quality coach and understands the game and has played at the top level. While that doesn't always make you a great manager / coach he had a clear philosophy and even now if you see him doing coaching sessions for Coerver Coaching etc he comes across very well.

Is it just a co-incidence that since then and all the talent we had we have rapidly gone down hill ?

RP needs replaced and the whole support structure and culture at ER needs reviewed. We don't need to be Leeds, Rangers, Yams (R) but we can get away from being the tightest team in Scotland.

Is the club for sale ? Come out and say it - make it public!

What are the plans for the future - what ambition are the board going to show to change the terrible years we have been put through ?

All simple questions but you will get generic bland responses from at every AGM / Meeting.

It is irrelevant what they tell us are there plans for future as they told us what they were over last few years and I think they are way off mark from whatever was stated.

GreenCastle
21-04-2014, 11:11 PM
It is irrelevant what they tell us are there plans for future as they told us what they were over last few years and I think they are way off mark from whatever was stated.

Agreed - I want action like many others - not small talk or bland statements or marketing campaigns.

Action to show we mean business or employ someone who shows they have a different vision to improve the whole club.

We are stale and need serious change...long over due.

Captain Trips
21-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Rod Petrie should have removed himself from the club fully 5mins after Colin Calderwood was removed. I do not give a toss about him working for free or not or whether he picked Fenlon or not he needed to be out that door with Calderwood and the man is a disgrace to actually stay on after that disgraceful debacle.

--------
22-04-2014, 12:39 AM
Rod Petrie should have removed himself from the club fully 5mins after Colin Calderwood was removed. I do not give a toss about him working for free or not or whether he picked Fenlon or not he needed to be out that door with Calderwood and the man is a disgrace to actually stay on after that disgraceful debacle.

:agree: :top marks

GreenCastle
22-04-2014, 07:44 AM

jeffers
22-04-2014, 12:11 PM
For the guys I was discussing with the other day if PF had resigned or was paid off (Hibercelona was one, apologies I can't remember who else.) I asked my mate again today, we had spoken about it on the Monday after PF left and at the time he was led to believe he did resign and until the chat the other day about him being paid off I had no reason to ask him again.

My mate has spoken to PF since then and it turns out that despite offering his resignation Petrie wouldn't accept it, but chose to pay him off instead.....I'm assuming that was to ensure PF remained quiet.

I also asked about us having the 3rd biggest budget - my mate said PF told him it was about the 7th, we were regularly missing out on players as we weren't matching wages being offered by teams like Motherwell and St Mirren.....

Coco Bryce
22-04-2014, 12:14 PM
Petrie expects EM to produce all our players nowadays :rolleyes:

smurf
22-04-2014, 12:17 PM
For the guys I was discussing with the other day if PF had resigned or was paid off (Hibercelona was one, apologies I can't remember who else.) I asked my mate again today, we had spoken about it on the Monday after PF left and at the time he was led to believe he did resign and until the chat the other day about him being paid off I had no reason to ask him again.

My mate has spoken to PF since then and it turns out that despite offering his resignation Petrie wouldn't accept it, but chose to pay him off instead.....I'm assuming that was to ensure PF remained quiet.

I also asked about us having the 3rd biggest budget - my mate said PF told him it was about the 7th, we were regularly missing out on players as we weren't matching wages being offered by teams like Motherwell and St Mirren.....

We need clarity on the % of our wage bill that is on the playing side...

jeffers
22-04-2014, 12:21 PM
We need clarity on the % of our wage bill that is on the playing side...

We sure do smurf, something isn't adding up.

JimBHibees
22-04-2014, 12:22 PM

McManus and Goodwin I am assuming.

stevejordan
22-04-2014, 12:24 PM

For a Bean Counter RP Sure knows how to waste money on failed/failure Managers yet when he is offered money as with Colin Calderwood he shuns the offer only to sack him a few months later.

jeffers
22-04-2014, 12:30 PM
McManus and Goodwin I am assuming.

McManus was one of the names specifically mentioned. I posted before that we didn't even offer OTJ more that ICT did, he just fancied the move.

147lothian
22-04-2014, 12:48 PM

There's not much point in arguing with Petrie's dwindling band of supporters, the response that you will always find off 'that wasn't Petrie's fault' is a bit predictable and a bit boring

147lothian
22-04-2014, 01:11 PM

Sheridan and McManus, were two players that could have done a job, had a look at us and moved on because they must have been of offered something more, I just don't believe the funds are going into the team on the park when we see the loan signings and cheap options that other teams don't want, it say's it all for the way the club is being run when we need to spend more on players to catch up with St Johnstone and M'Well

khib70
22-04-2014, 01:13 PM
For most (but not all) posters on this thread, the elephant in the room is STF. Petrie is Farmer's man. Lose RP without losing Farmer and you'll just get more of the same.

Gratitude to Farmer for his intervention in 1991 is totally justified. But the way the club has declined and stagnated under his ownership does not justify the Teflon status he has been afforded by the majority of posters on this forum.

They both need to go, but I don't see a White Knight waiting in the wings......

jeffers
22-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Sheridan and McManus, were two players that could have done a job, had a look at us and moved on because they must have been of offered something more, I just don't believe the funds are going into the team on the park when we see the loan signings and cheap options that other teams don't want, it say's it all for the way the club is being run when we need to spend more on players to catch up with St Johnstone and M'Well

That definitely appears to be the case, but I wonder where it is going ? To pay compensation for sacking managers and then bringing in their replacements maybe......and paying off the dud players the previous manager signed but aren't wanted by the new one.....

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 01:24 PM
It's not good when fans have no say in what goes on at a club even though we are the ones that keep the show on the road, at least we should have a voice so that concerns can be raised but no doubt someone will shout that one down on here. It would seem there is no crisis at ER and things are trundling along as usual and you'd think that there would be a bit of a rallying cry from the high heid yin but as usual the silence is deafening from our glorious leader

jeffers
22-04-2014, 01:28 PM
It's not good when fans have no say in what goes on at a club even though we are the ones that keep the show on the road, at least we should have a voice so that concerns can be raised but no doubt someone will shout that one down on here. It would seem there is no crisis at ER and things are trundling along as usual and you'd think that there would be a bit of a rallying cry from the high heid yin but as usual the silence is deafening from our glorious leader

I can only think of 3 scenarios when we hear anything - to announce the latest manager to be sacked, to announce his replacement and when it's season ticket renewal time.

Chibs
22-04-2014, 01:51 PM
For most (but not all) posters on this thread, the elephant in the room is STF. Petrie is Farmer's man. Lose RP without losing Farmer and you'll just get more of the same.

Gratitude to Farmer for his intervention in 1991 is totally justified. But the way the club has declined and stagnated under his ownership does not justify the Teflon status he has been afforded by the majority of posters on this forum.

They both need to go, but I don't see a White Knight waiting in the wings......
Utter crap

greenlex
22-04-2014, 01:55 PM

They both need to go, but I don't see a White Knight waiting in the wings...... What utter nonsense. We have far from stagnated. Debt down. Stadium completed & training complex instead of public parks. On the park could and should be better but to say we have declined or stagnated under Farmer is ridiculous.

khib70
22-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Utter crap
Thank you for your considered and rational response.....:rolleyes:

cad
22-04-2014, 02:08 PM

Personally I think Rod needs one of these

http://i.imgur.com/rWbsrEK.gif
http://i.imgur.com/rWbsrEK.gif

khib70
22-04-2014, 02:11 PM
What utter nonsense. We have far from stagnated. Debt down. Stadium completed & training complex instead of public parks. On the park could and should be better but to say we have declined or stagnated under Farmer is ridiculous.
This is a football club and "on the park" should be no1 priority. How exactly has the training complex improved the standard of the squad? The stadium may be "complete" but it's only once been completely full. People don't pay money into a football club to admire the infrastructure.

"On the park could and should be better" - your mastery of understatement is impressive. Where it matters, we have declined and stagnated. Every club above us in the league, with the exception of Celtc has a smaller fan base, worse infrastructure and haven't got there by financial dodgy deals. We're basically an accounting case study with a football team attached.

Immunising STF from any kind of criticism, or transferring responsibility to his appointee, Petrie is head in the sand stuff.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 02:25 PM
This is a football club and "on the park" should be no1 priority. How exactly has the training complex improved the standard of the squad? The stadium may be "complete" but it's only once been completely full. People don't pay money into a football club to admire the infrastructure.

"On the park could and should be better" - your mastery of understatement is impressive. Where it matters, we have declined and stagnated. Every club above us in the league, with the exception of Celtc has a smaller fan base, worse infrastructure and haven't got there by financial dodgy deals. We're basically an accounting case study with a football team attached.

Immunising STF from any kind of criticism, or transferring responsibility to his appointee, Petrie is head in the sand stuff.You trumpeted that we have declined/stagnated as a club under STF. Under any scrutiny that is complete bollocks. We are miles ahead of just about every club bar Celtic in the SPFL. We have everything on place to kick on and thrive as a team on the park. All that's missing is the right management team and players. I believe if they are given time that team is there. If not we move on until we get it right. Decline and stagnation are figments of you're imagination. No 1 priority is/was surviving in case you forgot.

number 27
22-04-2014, 02:38 PM
You trumpeted that we have declined/stagnated as a club under STF. Under any scrutiny that is complete bollocks. We are miles ahead of just about every club bar Celtic in the SPFL. We have everything on place to kick on and thrive as a team on the park. All that's missing is the right management team and players. I believe if they are given time that team is there. If not we move on until we get it right. Decline and stagnation are figments of you're imagination. No 1 priority is/was surviving in case you forgot.

Am I missing something? is this some kind of a parody, or a joke I haven't understood?

You surely don't mean all that do you?

greenlex
22-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Am I missing something? is this some kind of a parody, or a joke I haven't understood?

You surely don't mean all that do you?Is it not true or something? Everything is in place. All that is needed is the right results on the park. What's so hard to understand? :confused:

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 02:47 PM
You trumpeted that we have declined/stagnated as a club under STF. Under any scrutiny that is complete bollocks. We are miles ahead of just about every club bar Celtic in the SPFL. We have everything on place to kick on and thrive as a team on the park. All that's missing is the right management team and players. I believe if they are given time that team is there. If not we move on until we get it right. Decline and stagnation are figments of you're imagination. No 1 priority is/was surviving in case you forgot.That was in place and finished years ago now, we haven't kicked on or thrived on the park, we've gone backwards at a rate of knots and there is one thing that is in place that will see that continue.

Survive? Tae what end? I thought the number 1 priority of a fitba team was fitba and a winning team that folk want tae watch. Instead it seems we've been preserved for posterity for people tae look at, like a pickled specimen in a jar in a museum. If the only ambition of the people at this club is merely tae exist and no tae achieve anything, why bother? Lots of people will soon stop going, a lot already have. I'd like tae see them support the wonderful infrastructure & still balance the books on crowds of six or seven thousand that we'll soon be getting if this keeps up.

number 27
22-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Is it not true or something? Everything is in place. All that is needed is the right results on the park. What's so hard to understand? :confused:

Well, that's about seven years now we have been told that everything is in place and good times are just around the corner but not only has it not happened we are actually getting steadily worse, that suggests to me that maybe the whole "everything is in place" line is fairly worthless.

Your second point is right though, if we were winning all the time then things would be ok, it is surprising nobody has thought of that before :confused:

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2014, 02:50 PM
You trumpeted that we have declined/stagnated as a club under STF. Under any scrutiny that is complete bollocks. We are miles ahead of just about every club bar Celtic in the SPFL. We have everything on place to kick on and thrive as a team on the park. All that's missing is the right management team and players. I believe if they are given time that team is there. If not we move on until we get it right. Decline and stagnation are figments of you're imagination. No 1 priority is/was surviving in case you forgot.

:top marks All we need is a little patience. :rolleyes:

greenlex
22-04-2014, 02:53 PM
That was in place and finished years ago now, we haven't kicked on or thrived on the park, we've gone backwards at a rate of knots and there is one thing that is in place that will see that continue.

Survive? Tae what end? I thought the number 1 priority of a fitba team was fitba and a winning team that folk want tae. Instead it seems we've been preserved for posterity for people tae look at, like a pickled specimen in a jar in a museum. If the only ambition of the people at this club is merely tae exist and no tae achieve why bother?J Im going back to the dark days when STF took us on. He promised and delivered what he promised. The football will come of that I am certain. No question we are underperforming on the park. Whether Petrie is holding us back or not is obviously up for debate. The way we are going about getting to where we want to be is up for debate. What is not up for debate is STF tenure. We have like it or not thrived as a club under his ownership. For anyone to say otherwise is complete nonsense and I make no apology for saying so.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 02:55 PM
:top marks All we need is a little patience. :rolleyes: Not once have I said you need to be patient about it so stick you're rolling eyes where the sun don't shine mate.:rolleyes:

Chibs
22-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Thank you for posting complete and utter Pish

greenlex
22-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Well, that's about seven years now we have been told that everything is in place and good times are just around the corner but not only has it not happened we are actually getting steadily worse, that suggests to me that maybe the whole "everything is in place" line is fairly worthless.

Your second point is right though, if we were winning all the time then things would be ok, it is surprising nobody has thought of that before :confused:Your condescending tone does you no favour. Why is it worthless if its true? Just to point out also that everything has only been in place for about the last three years. You really are easily confused aren't you?

ArmadaleHibs
22-04-2014, 03:09 PM
J Im going back to the dark days when STF took us on. He promised and delivered what he promised. The football will come of that I am certain. No question we are underperforming on the park. Whether Petrie is holding us back or not is obviously up for debate. The way we are going about getting to where we want to be is up for debate. What is not up for debate is STF tenure. We have like it or not thrived as a club under his ownership. For anyone to say otherwise is complete nonsense and I make no apology for saying so.

I agree we have thrived as a club, there is no questioning that. All the facilities and safety are as you say in place. Unfortunately we haven't thrived and grown as a football team. Were still a very poor side in an equally poor league. STF is to be congratulated for what we have in front of us as a club but someone has to be to blame for our shocking lacklustre footballing side of the last several years.

The question is who is responsible for our team, not the club. That's were the debate will never end. The fact of the matter is Mr Petrie is STF's man on the ground who is responsible for ALL things hibs related and under his tenure we as a team (Mowbray aside) have stagnated and at times went backwards. Our recent managers have tried all sorts of player combinations and brought in some total dross and every recent manager has lost out on players they've asked to bring to the club, hence filling the void with what dross is left.

If we were as ambitious on the field as we were/are off it we wouldn't be having these conversations

number 27
22-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Your condescending tone does you no favour. Why is it worthless if its true? Just to point out also that everything has only been in place for about the last three years. You really are easily confused aren't you?

Looks like I must be easily confused. I certainly find it baffling that anyone could think we are "miles ahead" of all teams outside Celtc. I am also a little bit confused by fans who are happy just to survive and possibly bring the debt down a little bit, seems a strange way to support a football team to me.

Hope that wasn't too condescending for you:rolleyes:

Crazyhorse
22-04-2014, 03:12 PM
J Im going back to the dark days when STF took us on. He promised and delivered what he promised. The football will come of that I am certain. No question we are underperforming on the park. Whether Petrie is holding us back or not is obviously up for debate. The way we are going about getting to where we want to be is up for debate. What is not up for debate is STF tenure. We have like it or not thrived as a club under his ownership. For anyone to say otherwise is complete nonsense and I make no apology for saying so.

I think its quite simple the 'bricks and mortar' side of the organisation have 'thrived' but the 'personnel' side of the organisation have declined dramatically over the past decade. East Mains seems to wind a lot of people up and in a way I can see why it has cost £millions to build and £100,000s in annual upkeep. Maybe we should have rented HW like the yams and used the saving to invest in the team?

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 03:16 PM
The football will come of that I am certain.The infrastructure was finished years ago and the fitba isnae coming, it's getting worse and worse. 4 seasons in the bottom 6 since it was finished. Playing Dunfermline 2 seasons ago tae avoid the drop, 'battling' tae avoid the relegation play off this season. The fitba is coming? Really! Halley's Comet will be coming again, I doubt I'll see it though.

Whether Petrie is holding us back or not is obviously up for debate.
It's no up for debate as far as I'm concerned :wink: he's the common denominator in all this, add that tae all the stuff we hear from other places. Just too many stories coming out of ER from ex players, managers, etc for them all tae be made up IMO. Are they all really lying and making stuff up about missing out on this player or that player because he winnae pay the money? No in my opinion. That we usually end up scrambling around for players (that naebody else wants) in the last days of the transfer windae is a good indication of the signing policy at ER.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Looks like I must be easily confused. I certainly find it baffling that anyone could think we are "miles ahead" of all teams outside Celtc. I am also a little bit confused by fans who are happy just to survive and possibly bring the debt down a little bit, seems a strange way to support a football team to me.

Hope that wasn't too condescending for you:rolleyes: As a club we are miles ahead. The infrastructure is the envy of every other club bar Celtic. Is that so hard to understand? Again at no point have I said I am happy with how things are going on the park. I started this by defending STF tenure. Over the years t stands up there with any other football club owner in Scotland IMO.

khib70
22-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Thank you for posting complete and utter Pish
Is there no end to your sophisticated witticisms? If you've got a point to make, make it, otherwise stick your playround insults somewhere dark

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 03:31 PM
As a club we are miles ahead. The infrastructure is the envy of every other club bar Celtic. Is that so hard to understand? Again at no point have I said I am happy with how things are going on the park. I started this by defending STF tenure. Over the years t stands up there with any other football club owner in Scotland IMO.

Ahead of what ?, most clubs have their own stadium and seem to train players and get them fit maybe even more so than we do, for me STF lost it when he said he wished he had a hundred RP's when a blind man could see his way of doing things aint working. How long does this man get, will he survive if we get relegated, will he survive if we spend more than one season in a lower division ?, even if we manage to scrape through this season he has to go, he is just not up to the job.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 03:33 PM
The infrastructure was finished years ago and the fitba isnae coming, it's getting worse and worse. 4 seasons in the bottom 6 since it was finished. Playing Dunfermline 2 seasons ago tae avoid the drop, 'battling' tae avoid the relegation play off this season. The fitba is coming? Really! Halley's Comet will be coming again, I doubt I'll see it though.

It's no up for debate as far as I'm concerned :wink: he's the common denominator in all this, add that tae all the stuff we hear from other places. Just too many stories coming out of ER from ex players, managers, etc for them all tae be made up IMO. Are they all really lying and making stuff up about missing out on this player or that player because he winnae pay the money? No in my opinion. That we usually end up scrambling around for players (that naebody else wants) in the last days of the transfer windae is a good indication of the signing policy at ER. I agree Petries time is up J. Time for something fresh and a bit shall we say dynamic. There is nothing wrong with the business model though.

Chibs
22-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Is there no end to your sophisticated witticisms? If you've got a point to make, make it, otherwise stick your playround insults somewhere dark
It's playground.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Ahead of what ?, most clubs have their own stadium and seem to train players and get them fit maybe even more so than we do, for me STF lost it when he said he wished he had a hundred RP's when a blind man could see his way of doing things aint working. How long does this man get, will he survive if we get relegated, will he survive if we spend more than one season in a lower division ?, even if we manage to scrape through this season he has to go, he is just not up to the job. Lets take Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Motherwell. They are the best of Scotland outwith Celtic. Their Stadiums are falling to bits and each of them have nowhere to go in terms of increased revenue should their fans want to turn up regularly in numbers. They don't do that anyway but that's besides the point. If/when Hibs get it right on the park the fans will/should turn up and that extra capacity that we already have (and it wont need replacing anytime soon) is already there. The training facility is second to none and every big club in the world has one. Are they wrong too? What goes on there is up for debate for sure but every one of our competitors bar Celtic would love those facilities. I also think Petries time is up and it is past time he was replaced with a figurehead with a bit of drive about him as well and not only a financial plan.

Kaiser1962
22-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Not once have I said you need to be patient about it so stick you're rolling eyes where the sun don't shine mate.:rolleyes:

You should be careful. We are all scared apparently.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2014, 04:39 PM

Thats sounds very much like you looking for a little patience? :rolleyes: The suns just gone in mate.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Thats sounds very much like you looking for a little patience? :rolleyes: The suns just gone in mate.
I'm Stating the bleeding obvious. Patience has piss all to do with it. Folk seem to forget the obvious.

blackpoolhibs
22-04-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm Stating the bleeding obvious. Patience has piss all to do with it. Folk seem to forget the obvious.

I'm stating the bleeding obvious when i state this management from top to bottom have ignored the state of the team season after season. And for that reason they should **** off as far as possible from Easter road, STF, Petrie Butcher and Malpas, get them tae **** the lot of them.

147lothian
22-04-2014, 05:14 PM

Aye Rooney could have been with us but Petrie offers a loan, Rooney wanted to come up the road on a permanent deal not a loan, so we miss out because Petrie won't pay 500 a week, Griffiths, Petrie is only willing to to sanction a loan and won't spend money, the list is endless, I can't see us catching team's like St Johnstone and M'well with Petrie at the helm, spouting the brown stuff about the budget at Easter Road, when it's plain to see that money is not being spent on players

greenlex
22-04-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm stating the bleeding obvious when i state this management from top to bottom have ignored the state of the team season after season. And for that reason they should **** off as far as possible from Easter road, STF, Petrie Butcher and Malpas, get them tae **** the lot of them.
:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
22-04-2014, 06:25 PM

Only the two in bold.

HFC 0-7
22-04-2014, 06:54 PM
As a club we are miles ahead. The infrastructure is the envy of every other club bar Celtic. Is that so hard to understand? Again at no point have I said I am happy with how things are going on the park. I started this by defending STF tenure. Over the years t stands up there with any other football club owner in Scotland IMO.

Really? The definition of Club is 'An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity'. Unless the interest or activity is specifically stadium and facilities then I would disagree. The activity is football and the goal is winning, success on the pitch. we will continue to fall further behind if what happens on the pitch remains the same. The stadium and training ground will become a problem, in many ways it is. The further we fall behind on the pitch the more east mains will become an issue in terms of cost until it becomes a luxury we cant afford. The stadium is too big for the product on the pitch. Why buy a season ticket when there will always be seats available to buy on a walk up basis?

Putting it simply, if our running costs were 1,000,000 per annum before the larger stadium and training centre and 1,500,000 after, we need to increase our income by 500,000 to be at the same level as before. How do you increase your income if the product is the same or worse? Businesses usually expand when the demand is there as the potential new income is ready and waiting. We were not filling easter road every weekend and as far as I am aware the training facilities were not restricting income. We increased costs without having the product there to increase income.

Tell me, what company would sell its best machines to fund an expansion when demand isnt there and in the process increasing costs? The board have given us the facilities for a great club based on potential, without putting in place anything to tap into that potential.

In any other business, to expand premises and facilities whilst neglecting the product is a recipe for disaster.

RIP
22-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I agree Petries time is up J. Time for something fresh and a bit shall we say dynamic. There is nothing wrong with the business model though.

The business model is the first thing that needs to change

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 07:50 PM
The business model is the first thing that needs to change

To what?

greenpaper55
22-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Really? The definition of Club is 'An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity'. Unless the interest or activity is specifically stadium and facilities then I would disagree. The activity is football and the goal is winning, success on the pitch. we will continue to fall further behind if what happens on the pitch remains the same. The stadium and training ground will become a problem, in many ways it is. The further we fall behind on the pitch the more east mains will become an issue in terms of cost until it becomes a luxury we cant afford. The stadium is too big for the product on the pitch. Why buy a season ticket when there will always be seats available to buy on a walk up basis?

Putting it simply, if our running costs were 1,000,000 per annum before the larger stadium and training centre and 1,500,000 after, we need to increase our income by 500,000 to be at the same level as before. How do you increase your income if the product is the same or worse? Businesses usually expand when the demand is there as the potential new income is ready and waiting. We were not filling easter road every weekend and as far as I am aware the training facilities were not restricting income. We increased costs without having the product there to increase income.

Tell me, what company would sell its best machines to fund an expansion when demand isnt there and in the process increasing costs? The board have given us the facilities for a great club based on potential, without putting in place anything to tap into that potential.

In any other business, to expand premises and facilities whilst neglecting the product is a recipe for disaster.

:top marksNot seen it put like that and well done, so much for Petries business sense.

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 08:25 PM
The activity is football and the goal is winning, success on the pitch.

Then Rangers are the definition of success as they are still the club that has won more national honours than anyone else.

khib70
22-04-2014, 08:38 PM

:agree:That's absolutely spot on.

stevejordan
22-04-2014, 09:16 PM

id settle for this trio to go ASAP.

Crazyhorse
22-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Then Rangers are the definition of success as they are still the club that has won more national honours than anyone else.

Rangers were the most successful club in Scottish football. Don't think anyone would dispute that. Their last few year before their demise was a tale of disgraceful financial mismanagement. They also had one of the most revolting fan bases in the history of football. Thank goodness they went belly up.

HFC 0-7
22-04-2014, 09:24 PM

Whats yor point in relation to my post?

IWasThere2016
22-04-2014, 09:39 PM

Yup, akin to an all mod cons M&S with heehaw on the shelves..

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Whats yor point in relation to my post?

You said that "The activity is football and the goal is winning, success on the pitch."

I was pointing out that, by that measure, Rangers are the most successful football club with 109 national trophies.

greenlex
22-04-2014, 09:55 PM

More like the wrong product on the shelves no?

stevejordan
22-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Petrie has rolled his last dice he wont be able to survive if TB Fails he might try the AGM Stunt again but it wont work this time and the 5 year plan that started 7 years ago that no one knows what it is stunt will fall on deaf ears as will the working for nothing trick.
The one fly in the ointment is if STF Gives him the Eye of the Tiger vote of approval again.

Coco Bryce
22-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Excellently put.

Mibbes Aye
22-04-2014, 10:05 PM

:top marksNot seen it put like that and well done, so much for Petries business sense.

:agree:That's absolutely spot on.

Except there's a big, massive problem with the first post quoted.

The 'machines' - the so-called 'Golden Generation' - would all have left the club when their contracts were up and we would have got nothing. They weren't our machines to keep. There's a balance to be struck in finding the right time and the right price to sell at. We lost out with Riordan but made up for it with the others. We could have taken the money that came in and spent it on the playing squad but that's no guarantee of success. As I recall, there were all too many posters on here bemoaning the signing strategies of Collins, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood and Fenlon. Just because they might have had more money to spend doesn't mean they would have signed the right players. We would just as likely have signed more expensive 'wrong' players

What we did get was an East Stand replaced that needed replaced which gave us a stadium that can generate more income as a neutral venue. It amuses me when people say we don't fill it - if we had built it smaller there would be some on here protesting about a lack of ambition on the club's part. We also got a training centre that gives us better facilities to grow our own players. I can't seriously believe anyone with any understanding of player development doesn't think that the quality of training facilities makes a big difference.

To quote the first post, yes, we have expanded premises and facilities but we have hardly neglected the product - is anyone arguing that the player budget has been slashed? Even if there is a lack of clarity about the precise amount, the players we have had since the mid-2000s don't appear to have been any cheaper. In fact over the last couple of years we appear to have taken a number of players from other SPL sides in a way which we weren't doing previously, or at least that's how it feels - OTJ, Heffernan, Craig, Nelson.

What is the case though is the 'product' hasn't delivered to the expectations of anyone. All the support off-the-pitch appears to be there, it's up to the manager to make his squad capitalise on that.

HFC 0-7
22-04-2014, 10:08 PM
You said that "The activity is football and the goal is winning, success on the pitch."

I was pointing out that, by that measure, Rangers are the most successful football club with 109 national trophies.

Still don't really know what your are getting at? Are you saying that because they got liquidated that statement is void? Rangers won most of their trophies when they were paying their bills.

Saorsa
22-04-2014, 10:14 PM
All the support off-the-pitch appears to be there, it's up to the manager to make his squad capitalise on that.If he can get any of the players he wants and no 4, 5 or 6 on the list and/or the leftovers at the end of the transfer windae that are leftover for a reason.

Mibbes Aye
22-04-2014, 10:28 PM
If he can get any of the players he wants and no 4, 5 or 6 on the list

Right, so there's a long list of clubs who always get their first choices. Arsenal are my English team of choice and it's fair to say they seemed to miss out on their first choices both last summer and in January. I'm sure every club can say similar.

There are many reasons why managers don't get their first choices. All sorts of reasons why players don't want to sign for Hibs, or any other club for that matter, on the first day of the window or indeed the last.

Who was Derek Riordan sixth-choice behind, when we brought him back? Or Liam Miller? Or even James Collins?

And just because someone doesn't work out, it doesn't mean they weren't first choice. Collins wanted AOB. He got him. It didn't work though......

No club gets all the players the manager wants, whether you are Bayern Munich or Burntisland Shipyard.

Edit - just saw your edit. There's a reason why many deals don't go through until the last day of the window. Let's face it, Sky don't run the deadline day programme with reporters up and down the country because of Hibs' transfer policy.......

HFC 0-7
22-04-2014, 10:30 PM

The 'machines' - the so-called 'Golden Generation' - would all have left the club when their contracts were up and we would have got nothing. They weren't our machines to keep. There's a balance to be struck in finding the right time and the right price to sell at. We lost out with Riordan but made up for it with the others. We could have taken the money that came in and spent it on the playing squad but that's no guarantee of success. As I recall, there were all too many posters on here bemoaning the signing strategies of Collins, Mixu, Hughes, Calderwood and Fenlon. Just because they might have had more money to spend doesn't mean they would have signed the right players. We would just as likely have signed more expensive 'wrong' players

What we did get was an East Stand replaced that needed replaced which gave us a stadium that can generate more income as a neutral venue. It amuses me when people say we don't fill it - if we had built it smaller there would be some on here protesting about a lack of ambition on the club's part. We also got a training centre that gives us better facilities to grow our own players. I can't seriously believe anyone with any understanding of player development doesn't think that the quality of training facilities makes a big difference.

To quote the first post, yes, we have expanded premises and facilities but we have hardly neglected the product - is anyone arguing that the player budget has been slashed? Even if there is a lack of clarity about the precise amount, the players we have had since the mid-2000s don't appear to have been any cheaper. In fact over the last couple of years we appear to have taken a number of players from other SPL sides in a way which we weren't doing previously, or at least that's how it feels - OTJ, Heffernan, Craig, Nelson.

What is the case though is the 'product' hasn't delivered to the expectations of anyone. All the support off-the-pitch appears to be there, it's up to the manager to make his squad capitalise on that.

If you sell your best players and replace them with far worse players at the same time spending money on something that will increase your running costs there will only be one outcome. Yes the old east was needing replaced, my point in all of this was that it was done without a good plan on how to improve the product . Why would you think it's good business sense to increase capacity at a high cost when there is no demand for it!

We got 4.5 million for brown, that could have provided wages for about 3 players on 10k per week for 3 years. That sort of business would improve the playing squad, increase demand, increase income etc etc.

re your point about the training facilities. Yes, who wouldn't think better training facilities would be better? I want to live in a bigger house but not if it reduces my income so I have to cut back on other things.

We are improving facilities and putting more money into facilities but not the product. We made millions from player sales and invested it in everything bar the product. In fact we were only able to do this by weakening the product, where is the sense in that. We continually hear about being out bid by other clubs and we wonder how they can afford it? Is it possibly because they don't have the overheads we do? Petrie and co have built a stadium and training centre fit for a top team at such a cost that they now dont have a clue how to deliver the product.

because we have been hiring crap managers and players, we are paying them off which costing us money. Petrie likes getting things on the cheap, you can get builders to build you things cheap if they have no offers, you can't get players on the cheap if other teams want them and players that are worth having, other teams want them. The players you do get on the cheap are cheap for a reason, no one wants them!

jakeshibs
22-04-2014, 10:31 PM

good post totally agree!

Mibbes Aye
22-04-2014, 10:54 PM
If you sell your best players and replace them with far worse players at the same time spending money on something that will increase your running costs there will only be one outcome. Yes the old east was needing replaced, my point in all of this was that it was done without a good plan on how to improve the product . Why would you think it's good business sense to increase capacity at a high cost when there is no demand for it!

We got 4.5 million for brown, that could have provided wages for about 3 players on 10k per week for 3 years. That sort of business would improve the playing squad, increase demand, increase income etc etc.

re your point about the training facilities. Yes, who wouldn't think better training facilities would be better? I want to live in a bigger house but not if it reduces my income so I have to cut back on other things.

We are improving facilities and putting more money into facilities but not the product. We made millions from player sales and invested it in everything bar the product. In fact we were only able to do this by weakening the product, where is the sense in that. We continually hear about being out bid by other clubs and we wonder how they can afford it? Is it possibly because they don't have the overheads we do? Petrie and co have built a stadium and training centre fit for a top team at such a cost that they now dont have a clue how to deliver the product.

because we have been hiring crap managers and players, we are paying them off which costing us money. Petrie likes getting things on the cheap, you can get builders to build you things cheap if they have no offers, you can't get players on the cheap if other teams want them and players that are worth having, other teams want them. The players you do get on the cheap are cheap for a reason, no one wants them!

You can't possibly claim with any certainty that paying three players 10K a week would improve matters - all it means is that we might have ended up paying the likes of AOB 10K a week.

I'm glad you agree we needed to replace the East and I'm glad you agree we needed decent training facilities. These are things that had to be paid for and far better that the costs were covered from windfall money than having to decrease the player budget year-on-year.

The product as you call it hasn't been weakened by the off-the-field work - every manager has been able to bring players in and as I responded in the earlier post, that's included first-team players from other SPL clubs, mimicking what the OF have done for years. It's up to the manager to use the strengths the club offers to build a winning team.

HFC 0-7
22-04-2014, 11:38 PM
You can't possibly claim with any certainty that paying three players 10K a week would improve matters - all it means is that we might have ended up paying the likes of AOB 10K a week.

I'm glad you agree we needed to replace the East and I'm glad you agree we needed decent training facilities. These are things that had to be paid for and far better that the costs were covered from windfall money than having to decrease the player budget year-on-year.

The product as you call it hasn't been weakened by the off-the-field work - every manager has been able to bring players in and as I responded in the earlier post, that's included first-team players from other SPL clubs, mimicking what the OF have done for years. It's up to the manager to use the strengths the club offers to build a winning team.

So what are you saying? Players that cost more and generally not better players? I'm not saying we had to replace the east or get the training centre, we didn't, it's nice that we have but it's clearly been at the cost to the playing squad. If you think that replacing players that we sold for millions with players that didn't then you will probably get a job as petries right hand man. If you sell players that are worth millions then you need to re invest that money, or some of it, on players. We got those players free because they came through the youth system. You can't replace these types of players unless you up the budget.

Petrie saw fit investing millions on the training centre and the stand, but not on players? Who in their right mind would sell that many quality players and not put a bolt back in to the playing staff? As I have said before, if you increase costs by building a bigger stadium and a training centre without having the demand to fill the increase of capacity, how will you cover the shortfall in income? Especially when you have weakened the squad significantly in doing so? It's a crazy business plan! Petrie built a stadium and training centre for the club he had a vision of without having a clue on how to et the most of it.

I can't believe you are questioning the impact of 3 10k a week players would have to hibs! If you think that a risk, imagine the risk if, when we had a good team, we sold all our best players for millions, didn't re invest any of it on new players and spent it all on a stadium that we can fill once every 3 years and a training centre that increases costs.

The Falcon
22-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Still don't really know what your are getting at? Are you saying that because they got liquidated that statement is void? Rangers won most of their trophies when they were paying their bills.

They did. But in order to keep it going they didn't and by not paying bills they gained an edge over the rest of the teams.

Is that what we should be aspiring to? Winning at any cost?

greenlex
23-04-2014, 02:23 AM
So what are you saying? Players that cost more and generally not better players? I'm not saying we had to replace the east or get the training centre, we didn't, it's nice that we have but it's clearly been at the cost to the playing squad. If you think that replacing players that we sold for millions with players that didn't then you will probably get a job as petries right hand man. If you sell players that are worth millions then you need to re invest that money, or some of it, on players. We got those players free because they came through the youth system. You can't replace these types of players unless you up the budget.

Petrie saw fit investing millions on the training centre and the stand, but not on players? Who in their right mind would sell that many quality players and not put a bolt back in to the playing staff? As I have said before, if you increase costs by building a bigger stadium and a training centre without having the demand to fill the increase of capacity, how will you cover the shortfall in income? Especially when you have weakened the squad significantly in doing so? It's a crazy business plan! Petrie built a stadium and training centre for the club he had a vision of without having a clue on how to et the most of it.

I can't believe you are questioning the impact of 3 10k a week players would have to hibs! If you think that a risk, imagine the risk if, when we had a good team, we sold all our best players for millions, didn't re invest any of it on new players and spent it all on a stadium that we can fill once every 3 years and a training centre that increases costs.

We won our last trophy without Riordan Thomson and O Conner. Three out of the five. The squad was added to after they left abd was good enough to do that. The wage budget has increased yearly certainly up till two years ago. All that plus the infrastructure along with inroads to the debt.

The Green Goblin
23-04-2014, 02:59 AM
The wage budget has increased yearly certainly up till two years ago.

That doesn't really tell us anything though. Saying the budget has increased could mean anything at all. It might have increased by £100.

I'll take your statement as a positive one about the club for argument's sake for a moment. If it's true, then why do you think our team been so rotten for the last few years? And why have so many other teams with considerably smaller season ticket numbers and budgets ended up so far above us in the league year after year?

HFC 0-7
23-04-2014, 07:08 AM
They did. But in order to keep it going they didn't and by not paying bills they gained an edge over the rest of the teams.

Is that what we should be aspiring to? Winning at any cost?

Where did I say we should be winning at any cost! My points have been around if you sell your best players, without re investing that money and instead increasing running costs, there will be only one outcome.

The Falcon
23-04-2014, 07:17 AM
Where did I say we should be winning at any cost! My points have been around if you sell your best players, without re investing that money and instead increasing running costs, there will be only one outcome.

The players wanted to leave for significantly more money than we could offer and there is no getting round that basic issue. While it is fair to argue that we should be doing better than we are, much better at that, I don't think that selling players (that wanted to move elsewhere, and could have walked for nothing if it came to it) is a reasonable criticism.

You never said winning at any cost but you did say that football was about winning games and success on the pitch. Rangers did that. I was just wondering where the line was.

Ronniekirk
23-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Think the bit about not reinvesting in good young talent from lower leagues and being able to then sell them on for a profit is worth making Remember when we were linked with Garry Mckay Stevens at United now but we were interested when he was at Airdrie but lost out ,So again we maybe have been trying to do that but players chose to go elsewhere .

HFC 0-7
23-04-2014, 07:20 AM
We won our last trophy without Riordan Thomson and O Conner. Three out of the five. The squad was added to after they left abd was good enough to do that. The wage budget has increased yearly certainly up till two years ago. All that plus the infrastructure along with inroads to the debt.

If you lost your best players for large sums of money, you won't be able to replace them with anything like the same quality of player by increasing your budget slightly. How much are we talking about the wage budget increasing? Are staffing costs for east mains included in that figure? Would you not expect the wage budget to increase yearly? I certainly expect my wages to increase yearly, it's what happens. "All that plus the infrastructure along with inroads to the debt". Are you Petrie in disguise? That statement says it all really, look and what we have achieved....... Nothing regarding on field success! Yes we one a cup, but when it's one small piece of success in one season in around 6, that won't be classed as the norm. Another couple of seasons like this and the ground will be even more empty and activity at east mains will need to be scaled back as we simply won't be able to afford it, or we will be able afford it but again at the cost of the playing staff.

Once more, if you increase running costs by spending loads on everything else bar the product, weakening the product as you do so, how will you increase income?

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 07:21 AM

:top marksBang on the nail.

The Falcon
23-04-2014, 07:24 AM
The 'machines' - the so-called 'Golden Generation' - would all have left the club when their contracts were up and we would have got nothing. They weren't our machines to keep. .

To take the "machines" analogy a step further they were costing ever more to keep running and would have been at the point, financially, where the cost of maintaining them was more than they were generating.

HFC 0-7
23-04-2014, 07:25 AM
The players wanted to leave for significantly more money than we could offer and there is no getting round that basic issue. While it is fair that argue that we should be doing better than we are, much better at that, I don't think that selling players (that wanted to move elsewhere, and could have walked for nothing if it came to it) is a reasonable criticism.

You never said winning at any cost but you did say that football was about winning games and success on the pitch. Rangers did that. I was just wondering where the line was.

Its not about having the best stadium though!

If you actually look at my posts you can see that I said for the Scott brown transfer fee we could have re invested that money into the playing staff, 3 players on 3 year contracts on 10 k a week. I am not saying we didn't have to sell those players, I am saying that we should have invested at least a good portion of that back into the playing staff. How anyone thinks that weakening the squad and increasing costs is a good thing I don't know. Petrie was so focused on the stadium and east mains that he neglected the product.

The Falcon
23-04-2014, 07:30 AM
Its not about having the best stadium though!

If you actually look at my posts you can see that I said for the Scott brown transfer fee we could have re invested that money into the playing staff, 3 players on 3 year contracts on 10 k a week. I am not saying we didn't have to sell those players, I am saying that we should have invested at least a good portion of that back into the playing staff. How anyone thinks that weakening the squad and increasing costs is a good thing I don't know. Petrie was so focused on the stadium and east mains that he neglected the product.

Where we not already carrying enormous debt from spending big money during the Sauzee, O'Neil, Zitelli era? I think that's where the money from those player sales went.

IWasThere2016
23-04-2014, 07:56 AM
More like the wrong product on the shelves no?

Year on year for 7 years. No matter if it was bought in, or produced in house. No sign of it improving either and stopping at 7 years... the Board clearly have no idea how to reverse the worrying trend or corrective action would have been taken a long time ago. In all this time RP has been unaccountable. Enough is enough - and personally I am delighted more and more fans realise this..

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Year on year for 7 years. No matter if it was bought in, or produced in house. No sign of it improving either and stopping at 7 years... the Board clearly have no idea how to reverse the worrying trend or corrective action would have been taken a long time ago. In all this time RP has been unaccountable. Enough is enough - and personally I am delighted more and more fans realise this..

Yup, either the man is so arrogant that he can't see that he's a failure or he has the biggest brass neck you have ever seen.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Yup, either the man is so arrogant that he can't see that he's a failure or he has the biggest brass neck you have ever seen.

Biggest brass neck ever seen.

stevejordan
23-04-2014, 09:20 AM

The only chance to confront him is at the AGM And he always pulls a rabbit out of a hat to divert the focus of his failure he either sacks a manager, says he will work for free, Apologises and says things will get better, oh and says there is a 5 year plan in place. STF Then fully backs him pats him on the heid and we move on to other matters.

Crazyhorse
23-04-2014, 10:25 AM
To take the "machines" analogy a step further they were costing ever more to keep running and would have been at the point, financially, where the cost of maintaining them was more than they were generating.

The 'machines' analogy is not a particularly good one. We are talking about highly skilled personnel. The point most people are making is that our personnel have by and large been replaced with people who clearly are inferior while our CEO has focused on building facilities. I think its a bit more like spending most of your budget on up to date factories/machinery and then employing low skilled labour to operate everything because they are cheap. Your competitors would laugh at you. Note: I think finishing the stadium was a good idea but East Mains has never convinced me. We could have built a fitness suite and sprint track inside the new East stand for a fraction of the cost and then come to an arrangement with one of the universities to use pitches for training etc. The fitness suite could even have generated money in the afternoon/evenings through Hibees taking out membership. Petrie seems to have thought that he should be copying top premiership teams or something in respect to a top class club training ground. I know some will defend East Mains but my worry is that it increasingly becomes a milestone.

mmmmhibby
23-04-2014, 10:38 AM

This.

HFC 0-7
23-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Where we not already carrying enormous debt from spending big money during the Sauzee, O'Neil, Zitelli era? I think that's where the money from those player sales went.

I am talking about the sums that went to east mains and the east stand.

IWasThere2016
23-04-2014, 10:51 AM
The only chance to confront him is at the AGM And he always pulls a rabbit out of a hat to divert the focus of his failure he either sacks a manager, says he will work for free.

Yes - there is the consultancy payment the Holding Co. paid to a firm owner by RP .. quite what consultancy Holding Co would need however?!? It was pay by another route IMHO. Any question re this at the AGM would be dissed as not being about HFC

Apologises and says things will get better, oh and says there is a 5 year plan in place. STF Then fully backs him pats him on the heid and we move on to other matters

Great, eh - and the reason I wouldn't bother ma erchie to attend. Just a sham.

smurf
23-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Biggest brass neck ever seen.

Who hid behind his wee digs against our neighbours at the agm to attempt to camouflage his own inadequacies...

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Yes - there is the consultancy payment the Holding Co. paid to a firm owner by RP .. quite what consultancy Holding Co would need however?!? It was pay by another route IMHO. Any question re this at the AGM would be dissed as not being about HFC

Great, eh - and the reason I wouldn't bother ma erchie to attend. Just a sham.

Are you questioning the legal ethics of STF or RP re payments ?

Caversham Green
23-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Are you questioning the legal ethics of STF or RP re payments ?

There was no payment of any sort made by the holding company to any firm owned by RP, as TQM knows fine well. Even if there had been it would have had zero effect on the club's finances.

Kaiser1962
23-04-2014, 03:20 PM

When was this made and how much was it?

Cropley10
23-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Irrelevant IMHO. Even if untrue then Rod working for free is the real problem, as he's actually costing us a fortune.

Nailrod
23-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Are you questioning the legal ethics of STF or RP re payments ?You seem to be getting your terms a bit confused. Whether something is 'legal' and whether it is 'ethical' are two entirely separate questions.

Since STF and Petrie own everything, they can legally transfer whatever money they choose to whoever they choose using whatever means they choose.

But since Petrie presents himself as working 'unpaid' for the club, it would be very unethical for him to be surreptitiously channelling money out of the club to himself through a third party.

Kaiser1962
23-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Irrelevant IMHO. Even if untrue then Rod working for free is the real problem, as he's actually costing us a fortune.

I beg to differ.

Kaiser1962
23-04-2014, 03:36 PM
But since Petrie presents himself as working 'unpaid' for the club, it would be very unethical for him to be surreptitiously channelling money out of the club to himself through a third party.

I agree. That's why it's not "irrelevant".

Weststandwanab
23-04-2014, 03:36 PM
You seem to be getting your terms a bit confused. Whether something is 'legal' and whether it is 'ethical' are two entirely separate questions.

Since STF and Petrie own everything, they can legally transfer whatever money they choose to whoever they choose using whatever means they choose.

9 ways to skin a rabbit !

Caversham Green
23-04-2014, 03:39 PM

You seem to be getting your terms a bit confused. Whether something is 'legal' and whether it is 'ethical' are two entirely separate questions.

It.

Didn't.

Happen.

Kaiser1962
23-04-2014, 03:41 PM
It.

Didn't.

Happen.

Does that stop it becoming a Hibs.Net FACT! ?

Caversham Green
23-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Does that stop it becoming a Hibs.Net FACT! ?

Evidently not.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Really? The definition of Club is 'An association dedicated to a particular interest or activity'. Unless the interest or activity is specifically stadium and facilities then I would disagree. The activity is football and the goal is winning, success on the pitch. we will continue to fall further behind if what happens on the pitch remains the same. The stadium and training ground will become a problem, in many ways it is. The further we fall behind on the pitch the more east mains will become an issue in terms of cost until it becomes a luxury we cant afford. The stadium is too big for the product on the pitch. Why buy a season ticket when there will always be seats available to buy on a walk up basis? I agree with all of this. The decision was to invest the windfall in a training complex, east stand and reducing the debt. The product on the pitch is poor but has little to do with the amount we are spending (investing) and much more to do with the way it is being spent. Management appointments that have failed to work are far more damaging financially than the infrastructure spend. You can only spend (invest) it once.

Putting it simply, if our running costs were 1,000,000 per annum before the larger stadium and training centre and 1,500,000 after, we need to increase our income by 500,000 to be at the same level as before. How do you increase your income if the product is the same or worse? Businesses usually expand when the demand is there as the potential new income is ready and waiting. We were not filling easter road every weekend and as far as I am aware the training facilities were not restricting income. We increased costs without having the product there to increase income. Lots of businesses expand after investing income in this way. (Even more borrow to expand FFS) The potential new income is there. That's us the fans. Get the product right and your customer buys. Its not really rocket science. The problem is the product. We are investing in it but not investing wisely. You can chuck more money at it but there are no guarantees of success. Its football not retail or production. Look how much Hearts invested with a couple of cup wins to our one to show for it. They now have to pay the piper now too but that's another story.

Tell me, what company would sell its best machines to fund an expansion when demand isnt there and in the process increasing costs? The board have given us the facilities for a great club based on potential, without putting in place anything to tap into that potential. This has been covered elsewhere and needs little more comment I think. The machines are on lease if you like but have the luxury of selling them too. Win/ win I would have thought. They were not sold to fund any expansion they were sold because we would have got zip in a year or two if they hadn't been. Themoney was invested in infrastructure.

In any other business, to expand premises and facilities whilst neglecting the product is a recipe for disaster. I agree but the product hasn't really been neglected has it? .

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 04:00 PM
In any other business, to expand premises and facilities whilst neglecting the product is a recipe for disaster. I agree but the product hasn't really been neglected has it?[/QUOTE] . :confused: Are you watching the same team as me ?.

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2014, 04:10 PM

I really think RP and STF are well past the stage of doing anything unethical.

DarlingtonHibee
23-04-2014, 04:13 PM
There was no payment of any sort made by the holding company to any firm owned by RP, as TQM knows fine well. Even if there had been it would have had zero effect on the club's finances.

CG - thanks again for confirming this - some people are great at posting total nonsense on this board.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 05:08 PM
In any other business, to expand premises and facilities whilst neglecting the product is a recipe for disaster. I agree but the product hasn't really been neglected has it?[/QUOTE] . :confused: Are you watching the same team as me ?.
Of coursd I am. We are spending more money than most of our rivals on it. Whats youre point?

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Of coursd I am. We are spending more money than most of our rivals on it. Whats youre point?

Prove it

HFC 0-7
23-04-2014, 05:26 PM

Are we though? or are we just spending more money on staff costs because we have to staff the likes of east mains? Much of what we spend now will be paying off players deemed not good enough and managers. The amount we are paying on first team players, IMO, will be less than a lot of other teams.

Going back once again to selling so many good players, losing the backbone of a team requires investment to replace that. Regarding one of your previous posts, if you think that a lot of businesses expand by borrowing money to tap into potential income but with no plan on how to do so, or spend all the money expanding without leaving enough to put towards the product then you have issues. If you went for a bank loan to expand your business and the bank manager asked you if your current premises are not big enough and you replied, actually they are, we even have space. then the bank manager asks you if you have a plan to increase income and make use of the expanding premises and you dont have an answer, do you think your bank manager will be happy?

If you have players like brown, fletcher, riordan and o connor and are getting an average of 15,000 through the gates, selling those players, replacing them with inferior ones (because you are not using the money from the good players to replace them) then how will the product improve to increase that 15,000 gate? It doesnt!

We had a chance to invest a lot of money in the product, to push on and actually get to a point where there was more demand than we could cope with. Instead we weakened the product, increased costs and had no way to increase demand.

HFC 0-7
23-04-2014, 05:27 PM

We are spending more money than most of our rivals getting rid of cheap managers and cheap players.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Prove it
FFS grow up. You telling me we aren't? Out budget increased year after year. I can be bothered to look for the evidence but if you want proof look at the audited accounts every year. I'm sure you will find them in the vaults. Are you telling me the Motherwell, St Johnstone abpnd Dundee Utds of the league are spending more than Hibs in the playing side? I'd like to see the proof of that myself to be honest.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 05:30 PM
We are spending more money than most of our rivals getting rid of cheap managers and cheap players.
That's for sure.

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 05:39 PM
FFS grow up. You telling me we aren't? Out budget increased year after year. I can be bothered to look for the evidence but if you want proof look at the audited accounts every year. I'm sure you will find them in the vaults. Are you telling me the Motherwell, St Johnstone abpnd Dundee Utds of the league are so ending more than Hibs in the praying side? I'd like to see the proof of that myself to be honest.

So i ask you to prove your point but i have to look up the evidence for you !.:hilarious

The Falcon
23-04-2014, 05:47 PM
FFS grow up. You telling me we aren't? Out budget increased year after year. I can be bothered to look for the evidence but if you want proof look at the audited accounts every year. I'm sure you will find them in the vaults. Are you telling me the Motherwell, St Johnstone abpnd Dundee Utds of the league are so ending more than Hibs in the praying side? I'd like to see the proof of that myself to be honest.

Praise the Lord!

greenlex
23-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Are we though? or are we just spending more money on staff costs because we have to staff the likes of east mains? Much of what we spend now will be paying off players deemed not good enough and managers. The amount we are paying on first team players, IMO, will be less than a lot of other teams.
This as you say is your opinion. The staff at EastMains will in the majority if cases. Be employed in any case.

Going back once again to selling so many good players, losing the backbone of a team requires investment to replace that. Regarding one of your previous posts, if you think that a lot of businesses expand by borrowing money to tap into potential income but with no plan on how to do so, or spend all the money expanding without leaving enough to put towards the product then you have issues. If you went for a bank loan to expand your business and the bank manager asked you if your current premises are not big enough and you replied, actually they are, we even have space. then the bank manager asks you if you have a plan to increase income and make use of the expanding premises and you dont have an answer, do you think your bank manager will be happy?
The answer to the bank manager would be. They are at the moment but if we continue to do as well as we are at the moment and that forecast is decent I'm sure they would be sympathetic. Remember in this scenario you are going to the bank with a solid track record and no reason to assume the expansion would not continue. We had nearly 11000 season ticket holders at the time. Which was well up on previous.
The plan is/was to continue the work that was done to get to where we were with the golden generation. (East mains. Theoretically should/will enhance that) It worked to get the millions of pounds in the first place. It should have continued.

If you have players like brown, fletcher, riordan and o connor and are getting an average of 15,000 through the gates, selling those players, replacing them with inferior ones (because you are not using the money from the good players to replace them) then how will the product improve to increase that 15,000 gate? It doesnt! That's easy in hindsight. We replaced them them with players who were actually getting paid as much as they were if not more. We could never replace them like for like because our millions of pounds windfall wouldn't last long paying the wages they went into command after they left.

We had a chance to invest a lot of money in the product, to push on and actually get to a point where there was more demand than we could cope with. Instead we weakened the product, increased costs and had no way to increase demand.we also could have wanted the lot and be where we are now minus all the infrastructure. I keep saying it can only be spent once. It's been spent on something that will be a legacy for decades not two or three seasons.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 05:53 PM
So i ask you to prove your point but i have to look up the evidence for you !.:hilarious
Tell you what show me otherwise or I'll continue to believe that's the case.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 05:55 PM
Praise the Lord!
:greengrin

Captain Trips
23-04-2014, 06:05 PM
10th 2011 Unacceptable.
11th 2012 Unacceptable.
7th 2013 Unacceptable.
At best 7th 2014 Unacceptable.

Training grounds stadiums I care not a jot a budget was still in place to compete at the right end of SPL, all the managers have gone who were involved in this failure one is potentially in place. Long overdue that the other constants of this disgrace call it a day.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 06:09 PM
10th 2011 Unacceptable.
11th 2012 Unacceptable.
7th 2013 Unacceptable.
At best 7th 2014 Unacceptable.

Training grounds stadiums I care not a jot a budget was still in place to compete at the right end of SPL, all the managers have gone who were involved in this failure one is potentially in place. Long overdue that the other constants of this disgrace call it a day.

Petrie seems seems to think its acceptable.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Petrie seems seems to think its acceptable.
Nonsense. If that was the case we would have had the same management team for the last 7 years.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Well does that not tell you he's happy with league positions then? Spend or gtf

IWasThere2016
23-04-2014, 07:48 PM

There was, and yes it had no impact on HFC.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Well does that not tell you he's happy with league positions then? Spend or gtf

Na. Youve lost me Hermit. Happy with keague placings so sack the management team every 18 months or so at great expense. Doesnt make sense does it?

Onion
23-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Na. Youve lost me Hermit. Happy with keague placings so sack the management team every 18 months or so at great expense. Doesnt make sense does it?

Petrie's performance in picking managers over the last 7 years is no better than mine. I could have picked and sacked all those guys to the same effect - he is THAT bad at his job. Except I would have taken the cash for Calderwood while he was still fiddling about with his sweetie bag.

J-C
23-04-2014, 08:27 PM

Sacks them purely to save face and take the heat off himself.

MyJo
23-04-2014, 08:44 PM
If Petrie is to remain in place running the club there needs to be a compromise where all of the footballing operations including hiring/firing managers, buying & selling players, negotiating contracts, player discipline etc is done by a "director of football" from a footballing background who is solely focused on getting the best team on the park and getting results - no interference from Petrie, he runs the "business" and then passes control of the footballing budget to the DoF to manage and use as they feel necessary to support the management team in acheiving success on the pitch.

greenpaper55
23-04-2014, 08:59 PM
If Petrie is to remain in place running the club there needs to be a compromise where all of the footballing operations including hiring/firing managers, buying & selling players, negotiating contracts, player discipline etc is done by a "director of football" from a footballing background who is solely focused on getting the best team on the park and getting results - no interference from Petrie, he runs the "business" and then passes control of the footballing budget to the DoF to manage and use as they feel necessary to support the management team in acheiving success on the pitch.

:top marksWhat's the chances though, i think he is a control freak who will not give up power easily.

147lothian
23-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Rod has passed more bucks than the American bank, so even if a director of football was appointed, do you think they could do anything without the nod from Rod? Appointing bad managers wasn't Rod it was others on the board, meeting the players at his house when JC was on holiday wasn't his fault it was Amanda Joan's, you just can't trust anything Rod say's so I can't see any point in the director of football with Rod above him.

Caversham Green
23-04-2014, 09:33 PM

The payment you are referring to was made to a company controlled by Sir Tom Farmer. Rod Petrie had no connection to that company at the time the payment was made. He does not own the company and never has.

IWasThere2016
23-04-2014, 09:40 PM
The co' records I looked up listed RP and a woman as the Directors IIRC.

Caversham Green
23-04-2014, 09:45 PM

He was appointed director more than a year after the payment was made and he is not the owner which is what you were claiming.

CropleyWasGod
23-04-2014, 09:46 PM

If you mean Maidencraig Investments, RP was appointed as director in January 2012. The company was formed in 2003.

IIRC, the payment was made in 2009, but Cav will have the exact date.

Hermit Crab
23-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Hes happy to appioint managers who are shioite then sack them to deflect the blame from himself and then give us the usual pish about how it was the wrong appointment etc etc. At the same time we are languishing in the lower half of the table season after season.

Michael
23-04-2014, 10:17 PM
In Petrie's defence(ish)...how much difference does the manager really make?

It's not like any of the managers we've hired have had a poor track record prior to coming to Hibs (post Mowbray):

JC and Mixu - less experience...Mixu went on to do well at Killie

Yogi - success at Falkirk
Calderwood - did okay at Forrest and Northampton
Fenlon - 4 Irish league titles (comparable to championship (if not a higher level?))
Butcher - Made Inverness one of the best sides in the country

Much like the players that come to our club, the managers seem to have the worst spell of their career here.

Is it bad luck? Or if not...what could the root cause be? :confused:

Saorsa
23-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Must be something :hmmm: that's already at the club then if it only happens when they come here.

MyJo
23-04-2014, 10:23 PM

It's not like any of the managers we've hired have had a poor track record prior to coming to Hibs (post Mowbray):

Fenlon - 4 Irish league titles (comparable to championship (if not a higher level?))

Much like the players that come to our club, the managers seem to have the worst spell of their career here.

I think you've answered your own question there to be honest.

Answering to Rod and trying to build a team from the scraps he allows managers to sign is the one constant through all of our managers post-McLeish.

Kaiser1962
23-04-2014, 10:25 PM

Mary McAdam? If her then she is involved in a few STF companies and was a director at ER at one point. If memory serves me she was involved at Celtic during the Fergus McCann era.

Captain Trips
23-04-2014, 10:34 PM
IMO the tools have been supplied by RP etc for us to finish higher than 7th unfortunately he has hired the wrong people to use those tools. He has hired the wrong people to many times the man appears to have no shame.

greenlex
23-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Hes happy to appioint managers who are shioite then sack them to deflect the blame from himself and then give us the usual pish about how it was the wrong appointment etc etc. At the same time we are languishing in the lower half of the table season after season.
Still fail to see how that us settling for where we are. The appointments are made and some flourish and most fail. Its not just us its hundreds of football clubs all over the world. All Petries appointments at the time they were made were made for the right reasons with the exception of perhaps Sauzee. Within our budget and a record of sorts. Im not sure what else he can do to be honest. Possibly let the appointment if the manager to someone else? Its a lottery whoever does it. Look at Moyes. On paper should fo well but didnt.

Captain Trips
23-04-2014, 11:21 PM
I do not expect the club to make the right choices every time however 2/3 times in a row? Also you say it is a lottery well it isn't when we have Calderwood in place and it to not just me but many he wasn't right and yet Rod failed to see this and did not use the get out of jail card offered.

His ego on that occasion blurred the correct decision and it wasn't made at the time and then to the clubs expense only 3 months later. That isn't bad luck or a lottery it is gross error of which he should have walked.

We have not really improved on the park since so the errors have continued. When all the infrastructure is in place and more concentration was required on football matters Petrie is found wanting.

Cropley10
23-04-2014, 11:46 PM

Calderwood had a poor record before Hibs.

And the LOI is comparable with Div 2, no where near the Championship.

The real rot can be traced back to these two duds.

greenlex
24-04-2014, 02:14 AM
I do not expect the club to make the right choices every time however 2/3 times in a row? Also you say it is a lottery well it isn't when we have Calderwood in place and it to not just me but many he wasn't right and yet Rod failed to see this and did not use the get out of jail card offered.

His ego on that occasion blurred the correct decision and it wasn't made at the time and then to the clubs expense only 3 months later. That isn't bad luck or a lottery it is gross error of which he should have walked.

We have not really improved on the park since so the errors have continued. When all the infrastructure is in place and more concentration was required on football matters Petrie is found wanting.
I think we have turned to tried and tested at our level with Butcher rather than an up and coming manager. We have appointed the whole management team in Malpas and Marsella too rather tthan just the manager. Thats a deoarture from the last few appointments. I hipe this is ffor the long term this appointment. Hopefully this is less of a lottery as they did well in this keague with less to play with.
The calls for Butchers head are way too premature IMO. You seem to have written them off already.

sven nil
24-04-2014, 03:06 AM
Nonsense. If that was the case we would have had the same management team for the last 7 years.Why is it nonsense it was fan pressure that got rid of previous managers .

greenlex
24-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Why is it nonsense it was fan pressure that got rid of previous managers .

Was it? There is a direct link to performances, crowds and the inevitable axe but to say it was fan pressure is kinda stretching it. I think you're kidding yourself on.

DarlingtonHibee
24-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Not being funny, but if it had no impact on Hibs, what is the point of bringing this up again ?

IWasThere2016
24-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Not being funny, but if it had no impact on Hibs, what is the point of bringing this up again ?

RP is not working without payment/benefits - pay might not be directly from HFC but it is within group IMHO. And as been readily pointed out the real cost to Hibs is significant as we continue to see the fan base dwindle..

CropleyWasGod
24-04-2014, 08:51 AM
RP is not working without payment/benefits - pay might not be directly from HFC but it is within group IMHO. And as been readily pointed out the real cost to Hibs is significant as we continue to see the fan base dwindle..

What is this "HO" based on? As far as I can see, there are no facts to back it up.

Caversham Green
24-04-2014, 09:14 AM

The club and the holding co are the only two active companies in the group, so if he isn't paid by them he is definitely not paid within the group.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Why is Rod Petrie working albeit part time at Hibernian Football Club for nothing?:confused:

stevejordan
24-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Why is Rod Petrie working albeit part time at Hibernian Football Club for nothing?:confused:

It all happened a few years ago when he apologised at the AGM For making a mess of things it was then announced he would work for free he then said he would not be involved with appointing the next Manager who turned out to be Paddy.

jdships
24-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I am impressed and somewhat amazed at the indepth knowledge of the innermost workings of Hibernian FC shown by several posters on this Forum.
It really is comforting to know that we are regularly kept informed of these " happenings"
I have a couple of friends who are fairly senior members of the admin staff at ER and frequent " Hibs Net"
They have a good o;d chortle at some of the " news" that's posted !! :na na:

Then again " KICK BACK" had a great "publication" for long enough entitled " Fairy Tales from Tynecastle" so why shouldn't we have
" Fantasies from Eater Road " ?

Still as long as we respect peoples right to express their opinions - no harm done .:thumbsup:

:greengrin:wink::cool2:

Caversham Green
24-04-2014, 09:57 AM

The funny thing is, I'm not convinced he is working for nothing - IIRC he said he wasn't taking payment when SL and FH were there but he has now reverted to being CEO, so he could well be getting paid again. I just think that inventing malicious rubbish about the way he gets paid is in no-ones interest and is potentially damaging to the club.

matty_f
24-04-2014, 10:06 AM
The funny thing is, I'm not convinced he is working for nothing - IIRC he said he wasn't taking payment when SL and FH were there but he has now reverted to being CEO, so he could well be getting paid again. I just think that inventing malicious rubbish about the way he gets paid is in no-ones interest and is potentially damaging to the club.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2014, 10:07 AM

:aok:

greenpaper55
24-04-2014, 10:08 AM

He's getting paid to do what he does at ER ?, thon monkey that was on the BBC last week could make a better job than he's doing , at least it could strike a match !.

The Falcon
24-04-2014, 10:13 AM
What is this "HO" based on? As far as I can see, there are no facts to back it up.

And nor should there be. This place has functioned for years without such things and we dont need to start that **** now. :wink:

The Falcon
24-04-2014, 10:15 AM

Is that not the whole point? :dunno:

silverhibee
24-04-2014, 10:57 AM

Now i know why STF said he wished he had another 100 Rod Petrie's, it would certainly save on the wage bill if they were all working for nothing.

Captain Trips
24-04-2014, 11:02 AM
The guy has made ***** decisions paid and unpaid. He simply should not be here anymore.

I wouldn't have Petrie if he paid Hibs to be here.

Cropley10
24-04-2014, 11:16 AM

DL & FH left Hibs without jobs to go. While RP was working for nothing. They've gone & now he's getting paid.

No reason was given & whoever knows why they preferred to be unemployed than work under Rod Petrie ain't saying.

Maybe this it. Wages? Payment? Not working for nothing?

Cropley10
24-04-2014, 11:26 AM
So, what happens if say Hearts win on Sunday? Does Petrie just sit there with his smug grin, again?

No point having a thread like this if he gets off scott free on Sunday. We need a big banner in the East right opposite where he sits.

Another fine mess you've got us into Rod.

The man is a loser. Time to make some noise

silverhibee
24-04-2014, 11:41 AM
DL & FH left Hibs without jobs to go. While RP was working for nothing. They've gone & now he's getting paid.

No reason was given & whoever knows why they preferred to be unemployed than work under Rod Petrie ain't saying.

Pretty sure it had nothing to do with money on why they left.

Caversham Green
24-04-2014, 11:53 AM

Fife had a new job and Scott started his own consultancy - I believe he's also still involved with the Hibernian Community Trust.

And we don't know whether Rod's getting paid or not.

Paloschi
24-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Petrie - The man who got lucky (once) with quality young players coming through. We sold them and built a training ground and improved the stadium. Apart from that here is his legacy... 5-1, 0-9, Numerous defeats to Hearts, Threat of relegation, bottom 6, losing commited fans,Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon and now Butcher.

Sean1875
24-04-2014, 12:50 PM
And nor should there be. This place has functioned for years without such things and we dont need to start that **** now. :wink:

:tee hee: FACT :greengrin

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Petrie - The man who got lucky (once) with quality young players coming through. We sold them and built a training ground and improved the stadium. Apart from that here is his legacy... 5-1, 0-9, Numerous defeats to Hearts, Threat of relegation, bottom 6, losing commited fans,Mixu, Yogi, Calderwood, Fenlon and now Butcher.

In a nutshell.

Kaiser1962
24-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Fife had a new job and Scott started his own consultancy - I believe he's also still involved with the Hibernian Community Trust.

And we don't know whether Rod's getting paid or not.

Still a Director and still actively involved in The Hibernian Community Foundation.

smurf
24-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Still a Director and still actively involved in The Hibernian Community Foundation.

News to me that Scott is still a director?

Kaiser1962
24-04-2014, 06:11 PM
News to me that Scott is still a director?

He is.

Was Chair until last September.

smurf
24-04-2014, 06:21 PM
He is.

Was Chair until last September.

Sorry I think I've got confused... You don't mean the club? You mean the foundation?

flash
24-04-2014, 06:24 PM
So, what happens if say Hearts win on Sunday? Does Petrie just sit there with his smug grin, again?

No point having a thread like this if he gets off scott free on Sunday. We need a big banner in the East right opposite where he sits.

No point having a post like this if we win either.

#2 Double Tap
24-04-2014, 06:40 PM
can we get a poll plz; petrie to step down end of season Yes or No.

Kaiser1962
24-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Sorry I think I've got confused... You don't mean the club? You mean the foundation?

I though it was clear that it was the foundation.

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 06:51 PM

Agree. Too late to organise now though. Maybe some improvisation of song lyrics from section 43 will do the trick.??:singing:

stevejordan
24-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Agree. Too late to organise now though. Maybe some improvisation of song lyrics from section 43 will do the trick.??:singing:

if we loose on Sunday the pressure on Petrie will be massive he could walk if given the right message

#2 Double Tap
24-04-2014, 07:38 PM
if we loose on Sunday the pressure on Petrie will be massive he could walk if given the right message

no way we are losing on sunday. not even a slight chance. 3 nil minimum. :greengrin they know its coming.

Ringothedog
24-04-2014, 08:01 PM

So a man who owns 10% of the club and has the backing of the majority shareholder is going to leave if we sing a few bad songs about him ? Don't see it happening tbh but feel free to give it a go.

rcarter1
24-04-2014, 08:27 PM
no way we are losing on sunday. not even a slight chance. 3 nil minimum. :greengrin they know its coming.

3-0 to the Hibs sounds just great. :wink:

MyJo
24-04-2014, 08:36 PM

on Red Cards maybe, definately not goals

Hermit Crab
24-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Even if we win on Sunday Petrie should still go. It's not a case of beat hearts and Petrie stays. It's a case of gtf so this club can move forward.