PDA

View Full Version : Players.

Joy Zipper
08-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Since the last of the golden generation left Hibs we have had lots (hundreds ?) of journeymen "professionals" through the revolving doors at Easter Road.

How many since then have gone onto bigger and better things after leaving Hibs ?

Iceman1875
08-04-2014, 09:45 AM
You mean what players in the last 8-9 years who have done well and used out club as a stepping stone to bigger things? A small handful at best.

It's been said before but let's mix our half decent youth players with established experienced pros, quality over quantity.

Sky sports understands that Hearts are going down.

Golden Bear
08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Since the last of the golden generation left Hibs we have had lots (hundreds ?) of journeymen "professionals" through the revolving doors at Easter Road.

How many since then have gone onto bigger and better things after leaving Hibs ?

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago and the only players I can think of are Didier Agathe, Sol Bamba and to a lesser extent John Rankine.

It speaks volumes about our dealings in the transfer market and the effectiveness of both our scouting and youth recruitment.

patlowe
08-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Rankin, Vaz Te...that's about it IIRC. Does Griffiths count? Wotherspoon? Matt Doherty seems to be doing ok for Wolves...:wink:

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 01:17 PM
I read something from a tweet from Kenny Millar, "since Steven Fletcher left the club in 2009 Hibs have played 91 players in the first team".

. :rolleyes:

Michael
08-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Stokes?

Golden Bear
08-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Rankin, Vaz Te...that's about it IIRC. Does Griffiths count? Wotherspoon? Matt Doherty seems to be doing ok for Wolves...:wink:

Nope - only ever a loan signing so never officially one of our own players. And as for Wotherspoon then yes, possibly which is an indication of just how we have slipped down the ladder as a Club.