PDA

View Full Version : Harris

Pray4Marc
08-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Butcher should have stuck to his word and not played him for the rest of this season.

Has NO confidence.
Has NO fight in winning a tackle.

Going forward he is so predictable, cutting onto his right. Really think he should be used as an impact player or saved for next season to regain confidence so he can show us that early promise when he burst onto the scene.

Perhaps give one of the young lads a game, someone who is hungry and wants to impress.

fishybeaver
08-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Butcher should have stuck to his word and not played him for the rest of this season.

Has NO confidence.

Going forward he is so predictable, cutting onto his right. Really think he should be used as an impact player or saved for next season to regain confidence so he can show us that early promise when he burst onto the scene.

Perhaps give one of the young lads a game, someone who is hungry and wants to impress.

I thought he was one of the few players who looked decent yesterday, had a reasonable game compaired to some.

gegs70
08-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Nope didn't really work for him last night...he seemed fairly predictable yesterday...I honestly think that butcher needs to put Experienced players on next game. I think the only player I would give pass marks too was Stevenson....

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 09:28 AM

Has NO confidence.

He should be played on the right so he doesn't have to cut in.

son of haggart
08-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Nope didn't really work for him last night...he seemed fairly predictable yesterday...I honestly think that butcher needs to put Experienced players on next game. I think the only player I would give pass marks too was Stevenson....

I thought Stanton was good for you, Forster also put in a shift

Harris reminds me of Templeton - I think he has been 'worked out' and the coaches need to help him to develop two or three alternatives when he has the ball.

Winston Ingram
08-04-2014, 09:46 AM

Has NO confidence.

He's far more comfortable on the right. Really don't understand why TB stuck him left, particularly when Cairney is more comfortable there.

Hibee-Bongo
08-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Harris on the right and Craig on the left surely makes more sense.

Paloschi
08-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Such as shame as he had the potential to be a top class player destined for great things.

He's been poorly managed by Butcher/Malpas and they rushed him back, left him out in the u20's till the end of the season which I thought was sensible then threw him back in again. He isn't even a tenth of the player now.

He should have been loaned out to a championship team or allowed to rediscover form and confidence in the u20's.

heretoday
08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
He was keen all right. He kept trying to beat men in midfield and got bogged down. He definitely needs a straight right wing role as has been said.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Harris on the right and Craig on the left surely makes more sense.

Zoubir on the left.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2014, 10:12 AM
Zoubir on the left.

Zoubir in the middle just behind what ever striker TB chooses

EVENTUALLY
08-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Such as shame as he had the potential to be a top class player destined for great things.

He's been poorly managed by Butcher/Malpas and they rushed him back, left him out in the u20's till the end of the season which I thought was sensible then threw him back in again. He isn't even a tenth of the player now.

He should have been loaned out to a championship team or allowed to rediscover form and confidence in the u20's.

He was put back in and toiled. He is a much better performer on the right wing, similarly Stanton is much more effective on the left side of midfield. Both players are not utilising their strengths due to being played in the wrong areas of the pitch. There are no little units in the Hibs team that function separately like a full back/right half/winger who link up and provide a variety of options to challenge their opponents decision making when defending an attack. This is Butcher and Malpas fault, they pick and position the players in a formation to win games and they are getting it wrong. Harris is more than capable of holding down a first team spot and with encouragement, back up on and off the pitch he is a match winner. He needs support though.

Unseen work
08-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Thought he was alright last night and caused a couple of problems but still lacking that wee bit of confidence and ruthlessness, seems to be doubting himself in what to do next, he's more scared of making a mistake

PeeJay
08-04-2014, 12:19 PM
He's a genuinely talented lad, but I thought he had a shocking game along with many others last night. He regularly failed to beat his man and his final ball was mostly ineffective. What particularly infuriated me was the "prima donna" attitude he demonstrated several times when things went wrong or - in particular - when he was muscled off the ball. This waving your arms and simply giving up and leaving your team mates in the lurch is a bad trait, one that needs stamped on right away. He - and many others - should look to Stevenson for digging deep and battling hard for your team!

we are hibs
08-04-2014, 12:40 PM
He keeps ****ting himself to go into a tackle with any force or venom. We need 11 players for these last 5 games that will go into these tackles and he isn't one of them.

truehibernian
08-04-2014, 12:52 PM
He's a genuinely talented lad, but I thought he had a shocking game along with many others last night. He regularly failed to beat his man and his final ball was mostly ineffective. What particularly infuriated me was the "prima donna" attitude he demonstrated several times when things went wrong or - in particular - when he was muscled off the ball. This waving your arms and simply giving up and leaving your team mates in the lurch is a bad trait, one that needs stamped on right away. He - and many others - should look to Stevenson for digging deep and battling hard for your team!

Only childish attitude I saw last night was Liam Craig who looked like he needs to up his breakfast game to 3 weetabix, some porridge and some bravery pills.

Out muscled is being polite to him - weak, slow, moaning and offered zero.

Harris at least wanted the ball and tried, put in a few crosses in the first half, drifted out of it a little second half when we persisted with going down the right flank.

I want to see him out right where he has most impact with his speed. Rewind to him burning McHattie at Tynie last season. First and second half all his impact was on his natural side, cutting in AND taking the man on. He is not entirely comfortable on his left side and as our Hearts supporting friend posted, both he and Cairney are predictable now in that 99% of the time they cut infield/inside.

Would help the pair of them if we had fit midfielders who keep up with play, or play two strikers to aim for as well - simply cannot stand playing one up front. It's an invitation to the opposition that you don't want to win the game, you are content to stifle and counter. And we don't currently have ball playing midfielders that can link up that way. Stanton is doing the work of two men in the side and Craig seriously peed me off last night with his 'nothingness'. And for all his efforts last night, Taiwo time and time again got caught out because of his stature. Balls bouncing over him, beside him, he didn't know whether to hold his position or go forward and link. No cohesion, no direction from anyone. Totally disjointed in all areas of the pitch.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Zoubir in the middle just behind what ever striker TB chooses

Horrible. :boo hoo:

He should either play in the middle of midfield in a straight 4, or paired up front.

PeeJay
08-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Only childish attitude I saw last night was Liam Craig who looked like he needs to up his breakfast game to 3 weetabix, some porridge and some bravery pills.

Out muscled is being polite to him - weak, slow, moaning and offered zero.

Harris at least wanted the ball and tried, put in a few crosses in the first half, drifted out of it a little second half when we persisted with going down the right flank.

I want to see him out right where he has most impact with his speed. Rewind to him burning McHattie at Tynie last season. First and second half all his impact was on his natural side, cutting in AND taking the man on. He is not entirely comfortable on his left side and as our Hearts supporting friend posted, both he and Cairney are predictable now in that 99% of the time they cut infield/inside.

Would help the pair of them if we had fit midfielders who keep up with play, or play two strikers to aim for as well - simply cannot stand playing one up front. It's an invitation to the opposition that you don't want to win the game, you are content to stifle and counter. And we don't currently have ball playing midfielders that can link up that way. Stanton is doing the work of two men in the side and Craig seriously peed me off last night with his 'nothingness'. And for all his efforts last night, Taiwo time and time again got caught out because of his stature. Balls bouncing over him, beside him, he didn't know whether to hold his position or go forward and link. No cohesion, no direction from anyone. Totally disjointed in all areas of the pitch.

Some valid points - I referenced Harris because this is a thread about Harris rather than Craig or any of the others. If Harris is being asked to do a job, he should do it - as to being predictable and always cutting inside - Robben does it too, he switches wings and he doesn't care in the slightest that everybody knows where he's going (Although, it may be asking too much to compare Harris and Robben, I'll grant you that ...) :greengrin

judas
08-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Has NO confidence.

Could not agree more. Let's rest him and use as a sub.

skipster7
08-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Harris looked good last season playing on the left with McGivern playing balls inside the full back. Not looked as good on the right imo.

Wotherspiniesta
08-04-2014, 06:44 PM
I actually thought Harris looked a lot better last night. Just needs to find that extra yard and confidence.

TheFamous1875
08-04-2014, 06:45 PM
I think it was a mistake to have him back in the starting XI last night. In Butcher I trust, however, Harris' cameo in the derby was the perfect deployment of him at this point. He came on and made a massive impact, and I think we should stick with that formula as it benefits the team, and benefits the young lad.

He needs his confidence built back up, and that's what seemed to be happening until last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tyler Durden
08-04-2014, 06:54 PM
He keeps ****ting himself to go into a tackle with any force or venom. We need 11 players for these last 5 games that will go into these tackles and he isn't one of them.

I'm not that bothered about my left winger or centre forward flying into tackles with force and venom.

Creating and/or scoring goals is their job, not flying into 50/50s. And losing tackles was nowhere near top of list of reasons why we lost last night, or previous games.

HFC 0-7
08-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Didn't think he was very good last night to be honest, there was a few times he made Liam Craig look silly, Craig passed the ball between defenders to where Harris should have been running but Harris was standing still. Wingers need to make runs beyond the right and left backs, Harris was always wanting the ball in front of them. He also slows right down when running at defenders, before he got injured he was running at defenders at pace to get to the bye line. He also shat it out of a couple of 50 50's

Tyler Durden
08-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Didn't think he was very good last night to be honest, there was a few times he made Liam Craig look silly, Craig passed the ball between defenders to where Harris should have been running but Harris was standing still. Wingers need to make runs beyond the right and left backs, Harris was always wanting the ball in front of them. He also slows right down when running at defenders, before he got injured he was running at defenders at pace to get to the bye line. He also shat it out of a couple of 50 50's

Did you think any of the other midfielders were much better? Were they guilty of similar errors you described?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2014, 07:47 PM
I actually thought Harris looked a lot better last night. Just needs to find that extra yard and confidence.

:agree:

HFC 0-7
09-04-2014, 10:56 AM
Did you think any of the other midfielders were much better? Were they guilty of similar errors you described?

The thread was about Harris so commented on Harris played. I don't think terry thought he was in the right position for receiving passes either. He kept shouting at him an pointing to the corners.

Its one of the main issues with hibs, players not making the correct runs and Harris, IMO, was bad for it.

allezsauzee
09-04-2014, 11:29 AM
This might seem a bit wacky but how about we give Alex Harris a run of games and let him find his confidence and match sharpness that way? He can play left or right. If we want him to hit the byeline and get crosses in then play him on the right. if we want him to cut inside then play him on the left.

Tyler Durden
09-04-2014, 11:37 AM
The thread was about Harris so commented on Harris played. I don't think terry thought he was in the right position for receiving passes either. He kept shouting at him an pointing to the corners.

Its one of the main issues with hibs, players not making the correct runs and Harris, IMO, was bad for it.

Fair enough and I wasn't seeking to have a go at yourself.

I think it's laughable that some people have written the boy off, or suggested he be loaned out etc. He's not been great since his return, but none of our players have been good enough.

I think Harris is getting back to the player he can be, just unfortunate we need results now in our position. I'd still play him, he won't be up against as quick a RB as Aberdeen have most other weeks.

HFC 0-7
09-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Fair enough and I wasn't seeking to have a go at yourself.

I think it's laughable that some people have written the boy off, or suggested he be loaned out etc. He's not been great since his return, but none of our players have been good enough.

I think Harris is getting back to the player he can be, just unfortunate we need results now in our position. I'd still play him, he won't be up against as quick a RB as Aberdeen have most other weeks.

I am not writing him off,I just think he has been playing poorly. I do however feel he can be ruined playing at this stage of the season when he is young and has zero confidence. You can see he plays the safe option a lot. He isn't running full out against defenders, he slows down and looks for a pass. He shouldn't be trying to steam past players, then look for a pass.

he looks terrified of making mistakes now and he is thinking too much about what to do rather than just getting on with it.

In my opinion he shouldn't play again this season.

lord bunberry
09-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm not that bothered about my left winger or centre forward flying into tackles with force and venom.

Creating and/or scoring goals is their job, not flying into 50/50s. And losing tackles was nowhere near top of list of reasons why we lost last night, or previous games.
Spot on, most wingers don't go flying into tackles, that's the job of the less talented but committed players in your team.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2014, 04:46 PM
His lack of pace since his return is a concern. Everything else he will get over.

eastterrace
09-04-2014, 06:35 PM
I am not writing him off,I just think he has been playing poorly. I do however feel he can be ruined playing at this stage of the season when he is young and has zero confidence. You can see he plays the safe option a lot. He isn't running full out against defenders, he slows down and looks for a pass. He shouldn't be trying to steam past players, then look for a pass.

he looks terrified of making mistakes now and he is thinking too much about what to do rather than just getting on with it.

In my opinion he shouldn't play again this season.

your spot on mate, he looks scared to try anything in case it goes wrong so he takes easy option and cuts inside and just passes to the nearest player, against hearts he was one on one with mctattie twice and he couldnt go pass him were last year he would have just breezed past him so dont know were its gone wrong at the moment for him.

Bishop Hibee
09-04-2014, 06:55 PM
I thought Harris was our best midfielder though that wasn't hard. I wouldn't criticise him or Stanton, they aren't the ones letting the the club down.

When Harris looked to make a pass all he had was that absolutely useless lump Collins ahead of him.

The worst centre forward to get a consistant run of games that this club has ever had. Thanks Fenlon.

cmcd
09-04-2014, 07:21 PM
If you think Collins is the worst centre forward we have ever had you cant have been watching Hibs for long
I give you Ally Scott Joe Ward Garry Murray The list goes on

eastterrace
09-04-2014, 07:56 PM
If you think Collins is the worst centre forward we have ever had you cant have been watching Hibs for long
I give you Ally Scott Joe Ward Garry Murray The list goes on

ally scott strike rate was a tad better than collins, but he did have better players around him.