PDA

View Full Version : Well done Petrie, you've played another blinder.

Diclonius
08-04-2014, 02:34 AM
He's managed to shift the blame for the exact same mistakes and attitudes omnipresent throughout his entire tenure as Hibs chairman onto yet another manager. Well played Rod, well played. :aok:

Is there anything this guy can't do? Other than actually preside over a team capable of winning games and showing desire obviously.

GreenLake
08-04-2014, 03:39 AM
He might be a bit like that character William H Macy played in "The Cooler".

Spike Mandela
08-04-2014, 04:27 AM
Maybe he has a cunning plan to get two extra money spinning games this year to make up for missiing out on a cup final.:cb

blindsummit
08-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Its all part of the five year plan!

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 05:38 AM
He's managed to shift the blame for the exact same mistakes and attitudes omnipresent throughout his entire tenure as Hibs chairman onto yet another manager. Well played Rod, well played. :aok:

Is there anything this guy can't do? Other than actually preside over a team capable of winning games and showing desire obviously.

RP appointed Butcher and his management/coaching team which is what the vast majority, on here at least, were screaming for.

What exactly has he done since then to affect results. Unless you know of and are willing to relate specific incidents, I don't see the point of this thread.

We're all fed up and yes, RP (together with STF) is the common denominator in all this, but unless people start giving details, I wish people would shut up about him.

There's a real lynch mob/playground bully culture on here regarding RP, yet nobody has said exactly what he's done wrong (apart from just being there).

:tin hat:

Matty_Jack04
08-04-2014, 05:47 AM
RP appointed Butcher and his management/coaching team which is what the vast majority, on here at least, were screaming for.

What exactly has he done since then to affect results. Unless you know of and are willing to relate specific incidents, I don't see the point of this thread.

We're all fed up and yes, RP (together with STF) is the common denominator in all this, but unless people start giving details, I wish people would shut up about him.

There's a real lynch mob/playground bully culture on here regarding RP, yet nobody has said exactly what he's done wrong (apart from just being there).

100% agree

Beefster
08-04-2014, 05:47 AM
yet nobody has said exactly what he's done wrong (apart from just being there).

That's just not true. A fair number of folk have detailed exactly why Rodders' management of the club is a problem.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 05:48 AM
That's just not true. A fair number of folk have detailed exactly why Rodders' management of the club is a problem.

Based on supposition or fact?

Beefster
08-04-2014, 05:50 AM

A lot has been wild speculation. Some of it has been absolutely bang on the money.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 05:54 AM
A lot has been wild speculation. Some of it has been absolutely bang on the money.

Like what?

Do we have proof or are these just theories that happen to fit the facts?

easty
08-04-2014, 06:32 AM

Exactly Peeve, same old nonsensical ***** about Petrie. Some people would blame Petrie if it rained when they had washing out.

Beefster
08-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Like what?

You'll need to go hunting for it, I'm afraid. Rodders' management style, the failings in the club, why certain folk have left the club and morale amongst employees have been well documented on here over the last few years. I gave up banging on about it because folk are only interested when things are really crap (as now).

Hibs don't operate in a bubble. Employees, ex and current, speak to people and folk have dealings with the club.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 06:47 AM

According to Craig Paterson on the BBC last night we wanted Robson Flood and Rooney but we were prepared to pay 500 a week less than they wanted so they went elsewhere, when you think about it we had Mcmanus training for us pre season and went elsewhere, see a pattern emerging. Petrie does ALL the talks regarding players contracts, we are paying the wages for the level of players we have, some of them second or third choice i would bet.

Onion
08-04-2014, 06:50 AM
The case against Petrie is well documented in numerous threads on this board. It is objective and compelling. Ultimately, like every company, accountability for persistent underperformance rest with the Board and in particular the chief exec.

This company's customers are fed up with the quality of the product that has been deteriorating for the last 7 years and have started to walk away. In any other company the Owner/shareholders would take action by replacing the man in charge. Sadly Hibs owner has no interest in Hibs or it's customers.

The situation is so bad at Hibs that we're not even allowed to fully enjoy the demise of a club that has heaped pain on us over many years. The current players, management and Board have even denied us that.

IWasThere2016
08-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Petrie has us on a road to nowhere.

How anyone can be confident of his leadership is - frankly - staggering.

easty
08-04-2014, 06:53 AM
According to Craig Paterson on the BBC last night we wanted Robson Flood and Rooney but we were prepared to pay 500 a week less than they wanted so they went elsewhere, when you think about it we had Mcmanus training for us pre season and went elsewhere, see a pattern emerging. Petrie does ALL the talks regarding players contracts, we are paying the wages for the level of players we have, some of them second or third choice i would bet.

Well...if Craig Paterson said so then what are we waiting for? I can probably make a start on the RP effigy on my lunch break today.

I for one cannot believe the audacity of a chairman wanting to stick to a wage structure. Raging. And a playing budget bigger than most other SPL teams. Furious.

DaveF
08-04-2014, 06:53 AM

It's as plain as the nose on your face that Petrie is the biggest problem at HFC. His time was up long ago. As you can see (or not from France) we ar now being treated to the fruits of successive managerial disasters that he made in Fenlon and Calderwood. The club is a mess, it lacks any sort of leadership and its sinking faster than a stone.

Yet, where is Petrie in all this? Hiding. As usual.

I don't want to hear a fluffy statement from Rod, I want to hear he is standing down and getting someone in who cares passionately about running a football club and driving it forward.

#FromTheCapital
08-04-2014, 06:54 AM
The case against Petrie is well documented in numerous threads on this board. It is objective and compelling. Ultimately, like every company, accountability for persistent underperformance rest with the Board and in particular the chief exec.

This company's customers are fed up with the quality of the product that has been deteriorating for the last 7 years and have started to walk away. In any other company the Owner/shareholders would take action by replacing the man in charge. Sadly Hibs owner has no interest in Hibs or it's customers.

The situation is so bad at Hibs that we're not even allowed to fully enjoy the demise of a club that has heaped pain on us over many years. The current players, management and Board have even denied us that.

Good post. Agree completely

H18sry
08-04-2014, 06:54 AM

:top marks

easty
08-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Petrie has us on a road to nowhere.

How anyone can be confident of his leadership is - frankly - staggering.

Aye, but there's having no confidence in RP, and then there's the situation we are in where absolutely everything seems to be blamed on him. The players we sign are *****. Rods fault. East Mains isn't working well enough, the training is ****. Rods fault. The team fail to perform in the derby for the millionth time. Rods fault. The management team most folk seemed happy with get the job, but don't do the miracle job folk wanted. Rods fault.

DaveF
08-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Aye, but there's having no confidence in RP, and then there's the situation we are in where absolutely everything seems to be blamed on him. The players we sign are *****. Rods fault. East Mains isn't working well enough, the training is ****. Rods fault. The team fail to perform in the derby for the millionth time. Rods fault. The management team most folk seemed happy with get the job, but don't do the miracle job folk wanted. Rods fault.

Come on you are being daft here.No one can blame him for that.

However, you can certainly blame him for selecting managers who then go and sign crap players with as much pace as my 78 year old ma'. He leads from the top, he makes the calls and he has got it spectacularly wrong over the last 7 or 8 years.

seanshow
Like what?

How about failing to sign flood and rooney, Two quality players that could end up being the difference between Spfl and championship status...just because the sheepies offered them £500 a week more.

You have to speculate to accumulate....When has that ever gone wrong in this city

:offski:

Brightside

Petrie didn't shape that team up last night, petrie didn't play one up top at home, he didn't pick Cairney and McGivern when we have excellent players in our u20s squad, he didn't take off our only midfielder fighting for the ball, he didn't sub Collins in 89mins when we were 2 goals behind. LETS BE VERY CLEAR. Recent results are 100% the fault of Terry Butcher. Dreadful tactics and dreadful man management.

easty
How about failing to sign flood and rooney, Two quality players that could end up being the difference between Spfl and championship status...just because the sheepies offered them £500 a week more.

You have to speculate to accumulate....When has that ever gone wrong in this city

:offski

I've seen absolutely nae evidence to suggest an extra £500 a week would have signed us those players. Some people say Aberdeen offered them £500 more than us, but I see no reason why they would have signed for Hibs over Aberdeen.

DaveF
08-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Petrie didn't shape that team up last night, petrie didn't play one up top at home, he didn't pick Cairney and McGivern when we have excellent players in our u20s squad, he didn't take off our only midfielder fighting for the ball, he didn't sub Collins in 89mins when we were 2 goals behind. LETS BE VERY CLEAR. Recent results are 100% the fault of Terry Butcher. Dreadful tactics and dreadful man management.

You won't find many who think Butcher should escape criticism. All your points are very valid. But our problems go much, much deeper than the current manager (who has had a single january window remember).

You want Butcher sacked? Then what, have Rod appoint another dud?

easty
08-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Come on you are being daft here.No one can blame him for that.

However, you can certainly blame him for selecting managers who then go and sign crap players with as much pace as my 78 year old ma'. He leads from the top, he makes the calls and he has got it spectacularly wrong over the last 7 or 8 years.

So you're saying a manager should ask to sign a player and the chairman should say "too slow, no deal"?

Or maybe at the interview he should ask the potential managers how quick his transfer targets are?

Who do you want to decide who we sign? Manager or chairman?

Brightside
08-04-2014, 07:10 AM
You won't find many who think Butcher should escape criticism. All your points are very valid. But our problems go much, much deeper than the current manager (who has had a single january window remember).

I'll take the job.

DaveF
08-04-2014, 07:13 AM
So you're saying a manager should ask to sign a player and the chairman should say "too slow, no deal"?

Or maybe at the interview he should ask the potential managers how quick his transfer targets are?

Who do you want to decide who we sign? Manager or chairman?

Well done for missing the point completely easty.

You watch Hibs, you have seen the decline. Consistently poor managerial appointments have led to a dreadful standard of player in a green and white jersey. Petrie carries the can for that as he picks those that then pick the team.

His failure to act in best interests of the football team have contributed greatly to our demise. His time is up.

DaveF
08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
I'll take the job.

Now give me a real answer.

H18sry
08-04-2014, 07:16 AM

And brought in 3 players on deadline day, who he does not play very often :rolleyes:

Winston Ingram
08-04-2014, 07:21 AM

Can't see how he's 'shifted' the blame.

He hired the man, allowed him to bring in a few signings in the window and all that man has been able to do is make Fenlons team worse. Just as i think Petrie is accountable for the overall success of the club, Butcher is accountable for what goes on on the pitch.

staunchhibby
08-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Ffs. It's not petrie who picks the team and decides on the tactics its the manager at the end of the day should carry the blame.:confused:

DaveF
08-04-2014, 07:28 AM
And brought in 3 players on deadline day, who he does not play very often :rolleyes:

1 who has been injured, 1 who has been banned for 3 games and the other a largely untried kid. :rolleyes:

easty
08-04-2014, 07:31 AM

You watch Hibs, you have seen the decline. Consistently poor managerial appointments have led to a dreadful standard of player in a green and white jersey. Petrie carries the can for that as he picks those that then pick the team.

His failure to act in best interests of the football team have contributed greatly to our demise. His time is up.

I suppose I defend Petrie on the basis that, excluding Fenlon, I was happy with his choice of manager at the time he appointed them. I wasn't sure about Fenlon, the rest though, Hughes, Mixu, Collins, Calderwood, Butcher. I had no complaints. I don't remember many fans complaining all that much.

NatureBoy
08-04-2014, 07:35 AM
When are some people going to wake up and see what's glaringly clear! Nothing is going to change until Petrie at the very least is gone! His lack of drive, passion and genuine understanding of what's required to put a successful team on the park is killing us slowly and extremely painfully!

While I've been very disappointed in Butcher, you're not telling me arguably the best manager in the SPL for the last two years has become clueless over night? Sorry I just don't buy it, until there's change higher up nothing will improve and is very likely to get gradually worse season after season!

IWasThere2016
08-04-2014, 07:37 AM

He appointed Mixu, Yogi, CC, PF and TB. We were at a low ebb before each appointment and yet each has made matters worse.

Whilst attendences are steadily falling ..

Of course, it's RP's fault..

DaveF
08-04-2014, 07:39 AM
I suppose I defend Petrie on the basis that, excluding Fenlon, I was happy with his choice of manager at the time he appointed them. I wasn't sure about Fenlon, the rest though, Hughes, Mixu, Collins, Calderwood, Butcher. I had no complaints. I don't remember many fans complaining all that much.

I don't recall fans of many (or even any) teams complaining when managers are appointed.

The fact that we have gone through as many managers as we have in recent years tells you that the problem simply lies somewhere else.

H18sry
08-04-2014, 07:49 AM
1 who has been injured, 1 who has been banned for 3 games and the other a largely untried kid. :rolleyes:

One a journey man striker who is no better than we have, one who is untried kid, but we have a table topping under 20 squad full of them, and one a hit or miss winger who we already have in Zoubir. So why waste wages on the same kind of players that we already have at the club?

Cameron1875
08-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Butcher got absolutely done over in the January transfer window.

The strategy to limp by to the end of season and then invest in the squad could be unbelievably costly and foolish.:bitchy:

DaveF
08-04-2014, 08:13 AM
One a journey man striker who is no better than we have, one who is untried kid, but we have a table topping under 20 squad full of them, and one a hit or miss winger who we already have in Zoubir. So why waste wages on the same kind of players that we already have at the club?

There were hints we had 2 cardiff players lined up on loan but then MacKay was sacked. McNaughton and a forward who's name I forget.

As for the U20s point, yes he could and maybe should have went there, but they are every bit as untried at the top level as Watmore and Boateng who you are happy to criticise?

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 08:23 AM

The strategy to limp by to the end of season and then invest in the squad could be unbelievably costly and foolish.:bitchy:

Butcher said himself that, going from his experience at Inverness, he didn't want to bring in "permanent" signings during the january window, and preferred to wait for the summer.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 08:26 AM
I don't recall fans of many (or even any) teams complaining when managers are appointed.

The fact that we have gone through as many managers as we have in recent years tells you that the problem simply lies somewhere else.

Who chased Mixu from ER? I'll give you a clue - it wasn't RP.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
How's the crowds these days?

How's our record on getting our first priority players in transfer windows?

How's our record in appointing managers?

How's our league positions been?

How's the five year plan going?

How's how league for right now.

That's right, keep backing Petrie because it's working so well.

Leith Green
08-04-2014, 08:39 AM
At the end of the day if you are being kind to Petrie, you would thank him for the nice stadium and training facilities, at the same time you would question his transfer dealings on behalf of the manager, and ultimately his managerial appointments.

There are other things regarding vision and not having any foresight, other than to pottering along trying not to accrue debt..

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 08:44 AM

well said, he appointed the managerial team we all wanted and its his fault what a load of rubbish. all this lynch mob bully stuff blaming it on others is gone on long enough.

Ray_
08-04-2014, 08:46 AM

How many of Hibs first or even second choice targets did we manage to secure? Multiply that over the last decade & as well as poor managerial choices, you'll see the problem. You just have to look at Aberdeen to see what can be achieved, the false economy of paying low is there to see, compare now with the income the club were getting a [good] few years ago.

Even back in McLeish's day, as a club, we were totally estranged from the fans and therefore we failed to cash in on the wonderful players McLeish brought to the club at the time. We even needed to hire consultants to engage with the support, that in itself showed the ineptitude of the guy who was charged with running the club.

FN. [Please lets not hear that it was those aforementioned players that were instrumental in Hibs debt, for that look at the 30 odd Duffy esq players who, most of cost a transfer fee and on sky high wages for doing hee haw]

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 08:47 AM
We need to stop sacking managers and change it at board level. #petrieout

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 08:47 AM

Butcher made a statement he would wait till summer RP confirmed there was money available so I disagree with your comments he got done over he chose to bide his time, hopefully do his business in the summer lets hope he gets the chance

Carheenlea
08-04-2014, 08:53 AM

Craig Patterson came out with this stuff a couple of weeks ago on Sportsound, and on the same segment of the broadcast churned out the made-up nonsense that Rod Petrie wouldn't pay £150,000 for Leigh Griffiths. The guy's a slaver.

Ray_
08-04-2014, 09:09 AM
Craig Patterson came out with this stuff a couple of weeks ago on Sportsound, and on the same segment of the broadcast churned out the made-up nonsense that Rod Petrie wouldn't pay £150,000 for Leigh Griffiths. The guy's a slaver.

I wonder if any Hibs manager wanted him while he was with Dundee!

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 09:11 AM

So....all is well then ?, if this is good i can hardly wait until it's bad !. A few years back RP was determined that we would have a ten team league even though the fans were dead against it but there is a chance he will get his way by next season...Alloa, Falkirk Cowdenbeath etc.

Keith_M
08-04-2014, 09:15 AM

:agree:

It's amazing the things that people can find to attack Petrie. He gave us the maanger that a lot, possibly the maJority, of us wanted. He'a had no opportunity yet to either back or fail to back the maanger in terms of signings. I fail to see how any of this can yet again be attributed to Petrie.

:rolleyes:

davym7062
08-04-2014, 09:22 AM
There is no passion or ambition at hibs. Happy to plod along year after year. This has to start from the top hibs seem to suck the life out of everyone

WestEndHibee
08-04-2014, 09:24 AM

Well said. :top marks

Beefster
08-04-2014, 09:26 AM
well said, he appointed the managerial team we all wanted and its his fault what a load of rubbish. all this lynch mob bully stuff blaming it on others is gone on long enough.

It's amazing the things that people can find to attack Petrie. He gave us the maanger that a lot, possibly the maJority, of us wanted. He'a had no opportunity yet to either back or fail to back the maanger in terms of signings. I fail to see how any of this can yet again be attributed to Petrie.

You'd think that Petrie appointed a manager every 18 months and had nothing else to do with Hibs in-between.

The Sea-gull
08-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Butcher said himself that, going from his experience at Inverness, he didn't want to bring in "permanent" signings during the january window, and preferred to wait for the summer.

Butcher made a statement he would wait till summer RP confirmed there was money available so I disagree with your comments he got done over he chose to bide his time, hopefully do his business in the summer lets hope he gets the chance

Butcher may have said this but to me this just comes across as someone new in a job towing the party line. Why would he not want to sign a player or two in January to help with this season? He may have wanted to keep his budget for a proper go at it in the summer and thought we had enough to have a tilt at top 6 and Scottish cup but if this was the case he has shown a lack of judgement, lack of ambition and lack of respect to the fans re the rest of this season. It doesn't really sound like something a football manager would do let alone TB.

It just seems that the board has thought "lets just write this season off, we have enough to maybe get top 6 but there is not point in chucking money at it and what will be will be in the cup." They clearly thought we were in no play off danger whatsoever but on 31st January who really did forsee this danger?

The club's January strategy this year was awful and could really back fire hugely. I know we can't deal in what ifs but I'd wager that if we had signed 2 or 3 players (proper players not young lad and misfits from down south) we would be well clear of play off danger, possibly in the top 6 and maybe even have a Scottish Cup semi to look forward to this weekend.

The outlay would have paid for itself but speculating to accumulate and gambling, even just the slightest wee bit, are not the Petrie's Hibernian way. Failure and dissappointment are.

The_Horde
08-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Petrie refusing to spend an extra £500 a week sums It up for me. What he doesn't realise is that the manager is then going to sign a last resort player who then doesn't make as good an impact as the first choice would've and long story short it all ends up with the manager coming under pressure and then getting paid off. So the then former manager ends up with the money that could so easily have went on a Rooney, Flood or Robson.

Hibernia&Alba
08-04-2014, 09:50 AM
How's the crowds these days?

How's our record on getting our first priority players in transfer windows?

How's our record in appointing managers?

How's our league positions been?

How's the five year plan going?

How's how league for right now.

That's right, keep backing Petrie because it's working so well.

All good questions, TC. Here's another: how has he gotten away with hiring and firing so many managers whilst hanging on to his own job? When is he also going to be held accountable for our consistent failure?

jonty
08-04-2014, 10:23 AM
;3963399']Petrie refusing to spend an extra £500 a week sums It up for me. What he doesn't realise is that the manager is then going to sign a last resort player who then doesn't make as good an impact as the first choice would've and long story short it all ends up with the manager coming under pressure and then getting paid off. So the then former manager ends up with the money that could so easily have went on a Rooney, Flood or Robson.

So suddenly this is fact? Tam McCourt has more interaction with the players. Perhaps their attitude has come from him?
You really think TB signed any of the loans as a 'last resort'? he doesn't seem to be the kind of man to do things just to please the fans.

IMO its a growing number of fans who constantly expect/demand success and entertainment. I blame FIA, PES and Football Manager. And social media for the amount of pish being spouted by so-called journalists who aren't ITK and have to justify their existence with speculation and conjecture. And Tam McCourt.

delbert
08-04-2014, 10:43 AM
;3963399']Petrie refusing to spend an extra £500 a week sums It up for me. What he doesn't realise is that the manager is then going to sign a last resort player who then doesn't make as good an impact as the first choice would've and long story short it all ends up with the manager coming under pressure and then getting paid off. So the then former manager ends up with the money that could so easily have went on a Rooney, Flood or Robson.

The discussion on Sportsound last night before the game was a joke, after Paterson made his claim about us being £500 short for these players, Willie Miller said Petrie should be prepared to push the boat out and break the wage structure to get some players in. Less than 5 minutes later he was arguing vehemently that the only way forward for clubs in Scotland these days is to live within their means, the man is an erse of the highest order.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 10:46 AM
All good questions, TC. Here's another: how has he gotten away with hiring and firing so many managers whilst hanging on to his own job? When is he also going to be held accountable for our consistent failure?

I'll tell you why, because Farmer has ZERO interest in this club. We would rather be a bottom six side and take no chances than at least try get in good players.

Sadly so many think if Petrie goes there isn't anyone in the universe who will fill this void. Funny how Well, Aberdeen, Utd all have chairmen who care and it shows.

Folk need to see the bigger picture now. What is he offering us? We have everything bar a ****ing football team on the park. I'm sorry but I go to watch a football team not 4 new stands that we don't fill. Yes it's great to have all this but what's the point when your main product is so brutal it's not with watching?

It's like buying a tin of soup in a fancy can and when opened it's watered down to no frills soup.

He's finished and I'm sick to the back teeth of folk who think he does more great now than harm because that's bull****.

Onion
08-04-2014, 10:49 AM

Absolutely right. Let's ask the question. How many managerial failures is Petrie allowed before some of you start to question his judgement and running of the club? 7 ? 10 ? 30?

IMHO if STF was doing his job properly as major shareholder and owner, Petrie would now be no where near Hibernian and we would not be having this debate. Sadly, STF hasn't a clue what a football club is about and Petrie prevails.

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Butcher is on record as saying he has never spent more than 5k in players signings as soon as Petrie would have heard this Butcher was the no1 man for the job.

eggbamyasi
08-04-2014, 10:54 AM

Agree .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2014, 10:55 AM
I'm glad we're seeing Petrie out threads. About time we tackled the root cause rather than moaning about every manager who comes in.

eggbamyasi
08-04-2014, 11:02 AM
I'll tell you why, because Farmer has ZERO interest in this club. We would rather be a bottom six side and take no chances than at least try get in good players.

Sadly so many think if Petrie goes there isn't anyone in the universe who will fill this void. Funny how Well, Aberdeen, Utd all have chairmen who care and it shows.

Folk need to see the bigger picture now. What is he offering us? We have everything bar a ****ing football team on the park. I'm sorry but I go to watch a football team not 4 new stands that we don't fill. Yes it's great to have all this but what's the point when your main product is so brutal it's not with watching?

It's like buying a tin of soup in a fancy can and when opened it's watered down to no frills soup.

He's finished and I'm sick to the back teeth of folk who think he does more great now than harm because that's bull****.

Normally I agree with most of what you post . But im sick of this aberdeen love in !!!!!!! They have had an amazing season . 1 amazing season they have been utterly **** for about twenty seasons . im pretty sure some aberdeen fans were saying the exact same about hibs when mcleish had our first season back in 2001 . Or when collins won the cup with mowbrays team or when mowbray had a good couple of season ............. aberdeens manager had a full preseason has had time to bring in his own players . Mould his own squad . We should at least give butcher that and if by end of that the teams a mess we look else where !!!

Mathias Jack
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM
When are some people going to wake up and see what's glaringly clear! Nothing is going to change until Petrie at the very least is gone! His lack of drive, passion and genuine understanding of what's required to put a successful team on the park is killing us slowly and extremely painfully!

While I've been very disappointed in Butcher, you're not telling me arguably the best manager in the SPL for the last two years has become clueless over night? Sorry I just don't buy it, until there's change higher up nothing will improve and is very likely to get gradually worse season after season!

:top marks

I'm not going to stand up for any previous incumbent of the managers position at ER, but all of them can't be wrong! Looks like Butcher is going down the same road. He who dares Rodders...unfortunately our Rodders will never dare and our club will stagnate until he leaves his office for the last time.

cabbageandribs1875
08-04-2014, 11:23 AM
i think it's unfair to compare RP with the chairmen of other clubs like stewart milne, Geoff Brown, Stephen Thompson etc etc, they guys have the money and can easily invest the extra £500 it takes to secure a player, it's coming out of their pockets at the end of the day and not some kind of club 'budget' whereas RP simply has to stick to a budget :dunno:

Leith Green
08-04-2014, 11:31 AM

But giving the fans favourite the managers job hardly makes him any less to blame. The fans want a decent team on the park, do we get that? The answer is no ..why? Because our board of directors have persisted in picking the wrong manager time and time again, god knows how much money has been sliced off potential transfers or wage budgets by having to pay off one poor choice after another.

whats quite baffling is when supporters such as yourself try and justify Petries flawed decision making on the football side, its almost wierd. Facts speak for themselves, we have been consistently keek for 6 years, with manager after manager coming and going, player clearouts everytime, there is no plan or vision and the one constant is Petrie.

it really is rather obvious ..

Fergus52
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
has this £500 a week become a .net fact then?

Craig Paterson said it so it must be right.

Peevemor
08-04-2014, 11:38 AM

To add to a long list of .net facts that have been shown to be nonsense.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 11:40 AM

Only quoting what i heard and i am prepared to accept it's not true if anyone can prove otherwise.

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Like what?

When was the last time Petrie came out and gave a interview letting the manager no things are not good enough on the pitch, it just doesn't happen, he gives the impression he doesn't care.

He disciplined a player for stating the obvious about the pitch, that caused problems in the dressing room, the players were not happy about that and they were also not happy that the manager had a go at the player as well rather than defending his player, "nout to do with me, Rods in charge".

Look at the amount of players who have been shown round EM or even trained there by managers but yet when it moves on to the next step, player and agent going to get a deal from Rod, things fall through and it is left down to the manager to make up some excuse on why we are not interested in said player any more.

He is not media friendly, he never talks to the press/media unless he is sacking one of his failures or recruiting his next incumbent, it would now seem that the press are starting to have a go at him about the way he is running the club, Tom English has said a few things about Petrie in the last couple of weeks, ie missing out on players, if it is not true then why does Petrie not come out and defend himself rather than sitting in a office hiding and letting the club be attacked by journalists, soft touch, plenty agents have no time for him and probably dread when Hibs are looking at one of there players, infact he isn't even fan friendly, always looks dour when you see him, he doesn't give out any positive vibes when talking to folk, never gives a straight answer to a question.

He doesn't like criticism even when it is the truth, just think of CC time at the club, it was so f***ing clear that CC wanted out, and every fan could see it, what does Petrie do, backs him, when the glaringly obvious thing to do was let CC go and it wouldn't have cost us money, but by backing CC, Petrie cost the club money by backing and sacking him.

The bunker is getting a makeover for the run up to end of the season.

#petrieout

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 11:50 AM
So suddenly this is fact? Tam McCourt has more interaction with the players. Perhaps their attitude has come from him?
You really think TB signed any of the loans as a 'last resort'? he doesn't seem to be the kind of man to do things just to please the fans.

IMO its a growing number of fans who constantly expect/demand success and entertainment. I blame FIA, PES and Football Manager. And social media for the amount of pish being spouted by so-called journalists who aren't ITK and have to justify their existence with speculation and conjecture. And Tam McCourt.Yes lets no have any of that nonsense, absolutely ridiculous tae expect any of that for the sort of money we pay. :rolleyes: Good yin :aok: For lack of success and entertainment this club would top the table almost every ****in' year

inglisavhibs
08-04-2014, 11:51 AM

Aye maybe Petrie should have picked himself at centre half. What utter rubbish, our problems are on the park. We have very few players at SPL standard. Aberdeen were in a similar position last year, and the year before and the year before that. Butchers task is to keep us in the league. Then the team changes can happen. If Butcher was unhappy with the support from the board he would walk and say his piece.

easty
08-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Only quoting what i heard and i am prepared to accept it's not true if anyone can prove otherwise.

you want people to prove that its not true, before you believe its not? :confused:

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
you want people to prove that its not true, before you believe its not? :confused:
Oh i believe it.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Normally I agree with most of what you post . But im sick of this aberdeen love in !!!!!!! They have had an amazing season . 1 amazing season they have been utterly **** for about twenty seasons . im pretty sure some aberdeen fans were saying the exact same about hibs when mcleish had our first season back in 2001 . Or when collins won the cup with mowbrays team or when mowbray had a good couple of season ............. aberdeens manager had a full preseason has had time to bring in his own players . Mould his own squad . We should at least give butcher that and if by end of that the teams a mess we look else where !!!

I'm not for one min saying sack him. We need to keep him and sack 90% of the players. No love in from me but here is what they have done.

Seen the opportunity to hire a young and ambitious manager, invest in the team to try get second place. They have a business model knowing The Rangers were gone and Hearts were poor. They pushed on and it's worked.

It's got them a trophy mate and they are second and could make another final.

THAT is what happens when you see an opportunity and go for it. FFS we just plod along on super duper caution mode because "Hearts" went bust. We must take some sort of risk in life of prepare for no success at all. The Dons have proved you don't need to spend huge to do well in the league.

If any of this is wrong mate feel free to pull me up but from where I am it's bang on the money.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 12:07 PM
I think Petries tenture is coming to an end and I can see him leaving sometime soon.

He's done all that he can to improve the infrastructure at the club, but ultimately fails when it comes to dealing with people.

I've seen it being said that Petrie can't be blamed for the players that the manager brings in. Well actually, thats not true at all. If the manager has a plan to get a successful team on the pitch but is then forced to settle for 5th/6th choices all of the time, then his plan is inevitably going to fail.

Diclonius
08-04-2014, 12:20 PM

We have been ***** for the last seven years. Petrie has been the one constant in that. Does the exact same negative attitude and loser culture arise independently with each management team?

jonty
08-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Yes lets no have any of that nonsense, absolutely ridiculous tae expect any of that for the sort of money we pay. :rolleyes: Good yin :aok: For lack of success and entertainment this club would top the table almost every ****in' year

Theres no magician in the country that could turn us from what we were previously into a top 3 side.
TB has been in the door 6 months, including a pointless transfer window (no manager likes the Jan transfer window) and fans are baying for blood.

I'm all for entertainment but lets start with turning hoofball and zero points into hoofball with 3 points. When we've got that sorted, then we can start sacking managers for not playing entertaining football.

If anyone thinks 11 players in the current squad can play entertaining football, then they're barking quite frankly.

I'm as pissed off as anyone but its going to take time and patience. TB will have run out of that if we're losing more than we're winning the first round of games next season.

jonty
08-04-2014, 12:28 PM
We have been ***** for the last seven years. Petrie has been the one constant in that. Does the exact same negative attitude and loser culture arise independently with each management team?

We've been ***** for more than 7 years. A lot more.

sven nil
08-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Ffs. It's not petrie who picks the team and decides on the tactics its the manager at the end of the day should carry the blame.:confused:Correct but its petrie who waits for the last days of window to sign lower quality players,ffs

sven nil
08-04-2014, 01:44 PM
To add to a long list of .net facts that have been shown to be nonsense.
The truth is it was Tom English that said on sports sound we were missing out on better quality players for a few hundred a week or as I equate it 50 adult season books,

Do the private members on this thread have to do some kind of initiation with the rod fella that involves blindfolds ?

Phil D. Rolls
08-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Chairman blames manager for horrendous run of results - shock.

How could Rod have supported his manager more?

Phil D. Rolls
08-04-2014, 01:50 PM
The truth is it was Tom English that said on sports sound we were missing out on better quality players for a few hundred a week or as I equate it 50 adult season books,

Do the private members on this thread have to do some kind of initiation with the rod fella that involves blindfolds ?

Pay yer tenner and find out.:greengrin

Beefster
08-04-2014, 02:28 PM

Blindfolds, a cucumber and a rubber mask.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Blindfolds, a cucumber and a rubber mask.

:faf: Ye forgot the vaseline !.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 02:52 PM

The safeword is "money" I hear.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 05:51 PM

No problem with any of that.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 05:53 PM

Some of us pay it (twice Mikey, don't think I didn't notice :greengrin) because the money is donated to youth development at Hibs.

Kaiser1962
08-04-2014, 06:06 PM
I'm not for one min saying sack him. We need to keep him and sack 90% of the players. No love in from me but here is what they have done.

Seen the opportunity to hire a young and ambitious manager, invest in the team to try get second place. They have a business model knowing The Rangers were gone and Hearts were poor. They pushed on and it's worked.

It's got them a trophy mate and they are second and could make another final.

I don't really disagree with you (particularly keep him and sack the players) but I think that McInnes has followed the old warhorse Craig Brown and came into a club with a decent culture and work ethic and tweaked it, successfully for now. Good luck to them.

To suggest it was some sort of planned strategy would lead to the question why wait till now? Figures show that Aberdeen have consistently spent more than they bring in in all but one season since they last won the League Cup in 1996 with trading losses for the period of around £28.5m. This figure has been offset by regular revaluations of assets and share conversions. Stewart Milne is not David Murray or Vladimir Romanov and appears to have it under control, and is prepared to take the hit, but not so long ago the Dons fans were shouting for his head.

easty
08-04-2014, 06:14 PM
:faf: Ye forgot the vaseline !.

There was a Vaseline option?? Why didn't anyone tell me, I'm still sore.:greengrin

judas
08-04-2014, 06:16 PM

There aren't any details and the claims against the board do not stand up to scrutiny.

Times like these act like a centrifuge on Hibs net, separating the less intelligent reactive fans, from the rational higher beings.