PDA

View Full Version : Unity needed - we have to pick up points ASAP - going down is fatal!

GreenCastle
07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Watching Hibs right now is very depressing. It is like Groundhog Day on here especially as we seem to be making the same mistakes and losing every week.

There are various opinions why it's all going wrong but the bottom line is we need to do our best to stick with supporting the team and get some points on the board to keep us safe.

This is serious and relegation would be fatal for the club let alone with the way the league is shaping up next season in the Championship.

While some say relegation would be a good idea and what we deserve - no we don't - we have been poor but there is every chance we would be stuck in lower league football for several seasons watching even worse football in an empty stadium.

What's happening right now at ER is a disgrace and I am not happy at all about it. The team selections / tactics and general behaviour by the management staff isn't keeping everyone together.

The one constant over the last few years is the fans - yes people have disagreements on here but when it comes to stand up and being counted Hibs fans have done it on many occasion and I know many other teams would have given up with the torture they have out us through.

We now face 5 crucial games in our history and the players seriously need to dig deep and stand up and be counted.

This is not a blind faith post as for someone who wanted Butcher he's not showing what I expected right now. My worry is the players aren't playing for him and if you lose tr dressing room you have real problems.

As fans though we need to somehow drag the club (not butcher or the players) through this and avoid the drop.

2 wins I think will do it - how we get them I'm not sure yet but a big supportive crowd at the weekend could help. Whirl the players don't always rise to the big crowds surely it may give someone some inspiration to just perform that little bit better.

Once the season is over I expect many changes and the board to sort this mess out with the manager but just now we need to try and stay positive in a dire situation.

The fans are this club and we need to show unity or we could have no club to support in a few years with financial losses etc with a drop.

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 12:00 AM
The one constant over the last few years is the fansyou forgot the other constant surely?

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 12:02 AM
you forgot the other constant surely?

And the other. :agree:

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 12:16 AM
you forgot the other constant surely?

The board are on their last chance with Butcher - I expect them to back him in summer. They have to surely..?!

My worry is we won't be in a league where many players will want to play and they back more duds.

If it all continues to go pear shaped next season then at least we can act as fans together and force change - plus we will have a chance of staying up.

I don't want another season of transition or taking about the constant past - we are here and need to get out of this massive hole before it gets too late.

From being happy Butcher was brought in if we go down he would have to leave and the board also as it would be fully accountable for a poor selection.

I don't want failure but wow..we have some improvement to make. It can be done though as this time last year Aberdeen were terrible at ER and in 12 months they have improved considerably as there board has seen the opportunities available in the league with no sevco and yams (R).

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 12:21 AM
The board are on their last chance with Butcher - I expect them to back him in summer. They have to surely..?!

My worry is we won't be in a league where many players will want to play and they back more duds.

If it all continues to go pear shaped next season then at least we can act as fans together and force change - plus we will have a chance of staying up.

I don't want another season of transition or taking about the constant past - we are here and need to get out of this massive hole before it gets too late.

From being happy Butcher was brought in if we go down he would have to leave and the board also as it would be fully accountable for a poor selection.

I don't want failure but wow..we have some improvement to make. It can be done though as this time last year Aberdeen were terrible at ER and in 12 months they have improved considerably as there board has seen the opportunities available in the league with no sevco and yams (R).way past that as far as I'm concerned.

Accountable? :hilarious really? Seems tae have been everybody else's fault so far, I dinnae expect that tae change, somebody else (or several) will get the boot and petrie will carry on regardless.

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 06:12 AM
way past that as far as I'm concerned.

Accountable? :hilarious really? Seems tae have been everybody else's fault so far, I dinnae expect that tae change, somebody else (or several) will get the boot and petrie will carry on regardless.

I'm on your side regarding everyone and everything are getting blamed right now.

There isn't just a sole reason we are doing so bad it's a combination or reasons which have developed / infested our club over years.

What I'm trying to get across is - going down would make a rescue of Hibs much much harder - whereas if we scrape through this season at least summer / next season as fans we are in a strong position to ask more probing questions - what is really happening.

Unity what I card for - this mess is 100% not the fans fault that's for certain.

bawheid
08-04-2014, 06:44 AM
way past that as far as I'm concerned.

Last time I checked there were about a dozen threads on the board you could use to bump your gums about Petrie.

This thread appears to be about trying to drag the club out of the mess we find ourselves in. The OP is right - 5 games to save the season and a large part of our future. Infighting just won't do the job.

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 07:03 AM

I don't want failure but wow..we have some improvement to make. It can be done though as this time last year Aberdeen were terrible at ER and in 12 months they have improved considerably as there board has seen the opportunities available in the league with no sevco and yams (R).

Rumours of a training centre "bust up" over the past few days with KT very vocal again, first team players not happy with each other for various reasons, TB and MM threatening to "walk" and Ian Murray already having been in to ER "for a chat" to assess whether he might be interested in the Manager's job? :rolleyes:

Could be bollocks of course but it would have needed a fairly fertile imagination for all of this to spill out at one go UNLESS it did actually happen!? :dunno::hmmm:

Saorsa
08-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Last time I checked there were about a dozen threads on the board you could use to bump your gums about Petrie.

This thread appears to be about trying to drag the club out of the mess we find ourselves in. The OP is right - 5 games to save the season and a large part of our future. Infighting just won't do the job.Last time I checked I could post on any thread felt like, if you dinnae like it tough ****, feel free tae ignore my posts though, that function is available. :aok:

bawheid
08-04-2014, 07:13 AM
Last time I checked I could post on any thread felt like, if you dinnae like it tough ****, feel free tae ignore my posts though, that function is available. :aok:

Yes, but do you agree or disagree with the OP?

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Rumours of a training centre "bust up" over the past few days with KT very vocal again, first team players not happy with each other for various reasons, TB and MM threatening to "walk" and Ian Murray already having been in to ER "for a chat" to assess whether he might be interested in the Manager's job? :rolleyes:

Could be bollocks of course but it would have needed a fairly fertile imagination for all of this to spill out at one go UNLESS it did actually happen!? :dunno::hmmm:

Where did these rumours originate from?

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 02:17 PM

Pretty wild rumours.

There is 100 % more to what is going on currently rather than the team just performing badly.

The problem we have is we currently have unrest in the camp and no unity in the dressing room and no unity between the fans and players or fans and board.

What we do have is an incredible support who deserve more and we can point the finger come summer but right now the future of our club is at risk-it's that serious.

What has been going on since Butcher has arrived will come out I'm sure - it's a dangerous game right now to experiment with so much at stake.

If we go down from the situation we are/were in expect very angry scenes at ER - let's hope it doesn't go that way.

The players and manager owe us and we have to keep reminding them that and urge them on to perform.

jakeshibs
08-04-2014, 02:23 PM

This thread appears to be about trying to drag the club out of the mess we find ourselves in. The OP is right - 5 games to save the season and a large part of our future. Infighting just won't do the job.

well said this is about us helping the team stay up

sambajustice
08-04-2014, 02:38 PM
To paraphrase the most famous of Russians...

If we die, we die.

Onion
08-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Totally agree we all need to get behind the players and the manager to drive them on to safety.

But anyone else think as soon as we are mathematically safe, some of these players' feet will not touch the ground as they are booted out of the club ?

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Totally agree we all need to get behind the players and the manager to drive them on to safety.

But anyone else think as soon as we are mathematically safe, some of these players' feet will not touch the ground as they are booted out of the club ?

He can plays who he wants when we are safe as season is over but until then needs to get the best and players that he trusts (with some sort of goal threat and who can defend!) onto the park and at least 6 points minimum.

Jim44
08-04-2014, 03:06 PM

Yes and I think the ones involved know it. When you've been told you're useless and your jobs on the line, it's not easy to care about something or someone as irreparable damage has been done. I've said for a few weeks now that Butcher should have cleared the air with the players but it seems as if the situation is getting worse. Good man-manager my bahookie.

Pete
08-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes and I think the ones involved know it. When you've been told you're useless and your jobs on the line, it's not easy to care about something or someone as irreparable damage has been done. I've said for a few weeks now that Butcher should have cleared the air with the players but it seems as if the situation is getting worse. Good man-manager my bahookie.

Don't worry. Once we're safe we won't have to be concerned about petulant players who think they know better. People will be brought in who don't have fundamental disagreements.

Islington Hibs
08-04-2014, 03:25 PM
If we get relegated we would deserve it.

We are 4 points ahead of Patrick and 3 ahead of St Mirren and Ross. If we beat St Mirren we go 6 ahead and are probably safe. If we lose we are probably still 4 ahead of Partick who are away to Killie. We then play Hearts at home and critically Partick at home. If we beat Partick we are still at least 4 points ahead with 2 to play and a better goal difference. Simply put given the number of games left a win over either St Mirren or Partick plus perhaps a solitary point elsewhere and we should be OK. No cause for celebration but at least we rein the game for next year.

If we lose these games well it is the play off. Hamilton or Dundee.

Frankly if we go down from this position the board, management and players deserve shot. I think we should be OK.

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Where did these rumours originate from?

They came from a "weel kent sauce" of normally reliable information on here, whose identity will remain top secret! :wink: :agree:

Possibly the sauce got it all wrong this time though? :rolleyes:

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 04:47 PM
If we get relegated we would deserve it.

We are 4 points ahead of Patrick and 3 ahead of St Mirren and Ross. If we beat St Mirren we go 6 ahead and are probably safe. If we lose we are probably still 4 ahead of Partick who are away to Killie. We then play Hearts at home and critically Partick at home. If we beat Partick we are still at least 4 points ahead with 2 to play and a better goal difference. Simply put given the number of games left a win over either St Mirren or Partick plus perhaps a solitary point elsewhere and we should be OK. No cause for celebration but at least we rein the game for next year.

If we lose these games well it is the play off. Hamilton or Dundee.

Frankly if we go down from this position the board, management and players deserve shot. I think we should be OK.

Pretty much agree with this and although we may deserve it - doesn't make it right for us as a club so vital we get behind the players these last few games and get them winning.