PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Malpas (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3

GlasgowHibee
07-04-2014, 09:48 PM
@JimSlaven: Tonight's #Hibs game was summed up by old guy behind me shouting 'Get Thomson on'. Only for Malpas to shout back 'Shut the **** up'.

Shocking if true, no way to treat fans who are spending their hard earned cash.

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:50 PM
It is true I also posted it. Shouted it to one of the guys who sits to the right hand side of the dugout.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 09:51 PM
At least he's showing a bit of passion. He's frustrated and hearing folk shout a load of *****, the natural reaction is to shout back.

jeffers
07-04-2014, 09:51 PM
I sit in the West Lower a few rows up and to the right of the home dug out. At one point in the 2nd half after yet another mis placed pass from Liam Craig I shouted bring on Kevin Thomson. Maurice Malpas turned round and told me to "****** off yah ******." Way to go Maurice, that's it get the fans behind you. It's no surprise the players aren't responding to his coaching if that's the calibre of the man. Total pr*ck.

IWasThere2016
07-04-2014, 09:52 PM
MM is a miserable gob*****.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Aww poor you.

Grow a set.

Coco Bryce
Feeling the pressure now.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Prick.

Thecat23
I sit in the West Lower a few rows up and to the right of the home dug out. At one point in the 2nd half after yet another mis placed pass from Liam Craig I shouted bring on Kevin Thomson. Maurice Malpas turned round and told me to "****** off yah ******." Way to go Maurice, that's it get the fans behind you. It's no surprise the players aren't responding to his coaching if that's the calibre of the man. Total pr*ck.

Was that you? I sit just to the left of you. Couldn't believe he shouted that to be honest. I know they get stick but he must compose himself.

ehf
07-04-2014, 09:54 PM
It is true I also posted it. Shouted it to one of the guys who sits to the right hand side of the dugout.

100% correct. He got a few "eff offs" back and spent the remainder of the game sitting in the dugout.

Terrible if true, no way to speak to a fan who is spending hard earned money to come support the team, despite being made to watch utter pish time and time again.

IWasThere2016

MM's preferred 'man management' approach is to yell expletives - as many and as loudly as possible.

Hiber-nation
07-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Must have touched a nerve with Malpas. Pathetic.

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:57 PM
100% correct. He got a few "eff offs" back and spent the remainder of the game sitting in the dugout.

I noticed he didn't appear much after it. Maybe Butcher pulled him up for it?!

The Green Goblin
Aww poor you.

Grow a set.

Really? You think that was reasonable response from the assistant manager towards a paying fan who shouted his opinion on the game?

Hibercelona
MM's preferred 'man management' approach is to yell expletives - as many and as loudly as possible.

:agree:

It's bad enough that he's turning the players against him in the dressing room. But turning the fans against him as well is beyond stupidity.

GlasgowHibee
07-04-2014, 09:58 PM

Absolute old school management, the game is evolving. There's no need for it, some constructive criticism is fine and even the odd bollocking when we lose heavily but absolutely screaming at the players is not the way forward - same for criticising them in the press.

The hoofball tactics also reak of old school tactics, Hibs are a team which have prided themselves for years about total football etc. Not long balls bypassing the midfield.

Pretty Boy
Really should expect a bit more professionalism from a member of the management team.

jeffers
Aww poor you.

Grow a set.

Grow a set ? Aye very good. I shouted to bring on a player who I felt would contribute more than our captain and get called a ****** for my trouble. It's not me that needs to grow a set it's Malpas.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Really? You think that was reasonable response from the assistant manager towards a paying fan who shouted his opinion on the game?

I can see how it could happen. You get frustrated yourself and then someone less qualified than you shouts trying to tell you how to do your job.

Jones28
07-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Aww poor you.

Grow a set.

Seriously?

ionahibby
Grow a set ? Aye very good. I shouted to bring on a player who I felt would contribute more than our captain and get called a ****** for my trouble. It's not me that needs to grow a set it's Malpas.

Butcher done it too a few times a few expletives were sent butchers way and turned round and a few choice words for fan not sure what was said but the two them feeling pressure!

Danderhall Hibs

TBF it takes a bit of courage to tell someone to their face that they're a ****.

spike220
07-04-2014, 10:03 PM
At least he's showing a bit of passion. He's frustrated and hearing folk shout a load of *****, the natural reaction is to shout back.

THIS :agree:

It is a bit like MM coming into your place of work and shouting random ideas at you about how to improve.

emerald green
I find this thread really sad. What's happening to our club? I posted elsewhere it wouldn't surprise me if Butcher walked away. If he does, Malpas will go too. Why does every managerial appointment fail?

jodjam
That's twice in recent weeks MM has reacted. Tonight's was worse.

WestStandMoaner
07-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Aww poor you.

Grow a set.

Never mind grow a set, Malpas is an a_rse, this is the second time he has confronted fans in the west lower, the man has no quality.

BOB MARLEYS DUG

What did he do last week?

Hibercelona
I can see how it could happen. You get frustrated yourself and then someone less qualified than you shouts trying to tell you how to do your job.

I never knew they did qualifications for shouting and swearing and acting the hard man around players and fans, while offering nothing else.

Jones28

It is a bit like MM coming into your place of work and shouting random ideas at you about how to improve.

The difference being that your ticket money is what is paying their wages.

Scottie
07-04-2014, 10:05 PM

Totally bang out of order mate. You don't expect that from the opposition bench never mind your own

Aww poor you.

Grow a set.

Have a word mate. MM out of order completely. If he spend as much time coaching as he does shouting abuse at fans then we might not be in the position we are in now

Prick.

This

H18Y GW

Im not certain its a great answer but your there to support the team and the management not pick it ??

Id lay a bet it wasnt the first shout of "Get Thomson on",although, im in agreement that Thomson should have been on !!!

You may well have made them dig there heels in which although is crass to say the least, is highly possible..

Onion

If that's true, MM will not last long at the club - simple. As management there is no excuse for abusing supporters. There is no future in that.

The Green Goblin
07-04-2014, 10:06 PM

I can understand that too, but I still don`t think the response was the right way to go about it. Far from it. Butcher was in the press last week talking about how they are trying to get the players to take the frustration from the crowd and use it to drive them on rather than not let it get to them. Pretty ironic don`t you think? :greengrin

Mr White
I never knew they did qualifications for shouting and swearing and acting the hard man around players and fans, while offering nothing else.

They do. Billy brown has a phd in it.

ehf
I noticed he didn't appear much after it. Maybe Butcher pulled him up for it?!

Think he just realised himself that he'd gone too far. Butcher was losing the plot a bit himself towards the end, effing and blinding and various histrionics. The pressure must be really getting to them.

Have to feel sorry for them in a way; from 02/01/14 to this...

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Totally bang out of order mate. You don't expect that from the opposition bench never mind your own

Have a word mate. MM out of order completely. If he spend as much time coaching as he does shouting abuse at fans then we might not be in the position we are in now

This

How long did he spend "abusing the fans"? I bet he was coaching for longer.

Jim44
07-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Our deadly duo are losing the plot, which they never had much grasp of in the first place.

Alfred E Newman
Malpas inspires no confidence what so ever. He shuffles around the technical area for a wee while with a long face then sits down beside Butcher. Very rarely shouts any encouragement or instructions .
I can only assume that he must have some coaching ability though that is not very evident on the pitch at the moment.
I'm afraid the "Dream Team " is turning into a nightmare. All we can do as supporters is try and back what ever mish mash of players this pair come up with and hope that somewhere along the line we come up against a team as bad as ourselves and we can pick up enough points to get out of this mess.

Crossgates Hibs

maybe why Yogi got the gig up there trying to keep the same old.

Northernhibee
07-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Good on him.

SaulGoodman
07-04-2014, 10:09 PM
TBF it takes a bit of courage to tell someone to their face that they're a ****.

Aw aye how courageous of him. My hero.

macca70
07-04-2014, 10:11 PM

You can have all the qualifications in the world but still lack Common Sense!!

1 Up front at Home when it clearly doesn't work.

Watmore is our most exciting player and starts on the bench?!

Collins taken off with 1 minute to go when your 2-0 down, what's the point in even making a sub at the point, other than to waste time.

Is that what they teach whilst doing your 'Coaching Badges'?!

No movement, No attacking threat, no creativity. Absolute shambles!!

GreenOnions
07-04-2014, 10:11 PM

:tee hee: Classic

Northernhibee
07-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Collins taken off with 1 minute to go when your 2-0 down, what's the point in even making a sub at the point others than to waste time.

Watmore is the new Zoubir. Very good player in there but maybe just a bit too young for first team football.

RIP Bestie
LTYF and his gaffer

edinburghhibee
There isn't half some poor wee souls in our support. Someone called you a name big deal. Malpas and butcher are hurting like the rest of us. They don't have the faith in the team to get them to pass the ball around. We're honking. Thommo told one of the coaching staff to **** off again today. He thinks he's better and bigger than the club so **** him. Let's get this season done and start a fresh.

Scottie
How long did he spend "abusing the fans"? I bet he was coaching for longer.
Maybe if he directed his venom at the players instead of the fans do you not think it would be a little more acceptable to you ?

Sammy7nil
07-04-2014, 10:13 PM
MM bang out of order end of

However Sparky did just as bad if not worse twice ! Yet he was easily forgiven

jeffers
07-04-2014, 10:14 PM
To those that think MM's reaction was acceptable, I'll say this. I'm a big boy I've been called worse and if I'd had personally abused him or TB then he'd have been within his rights to respond in kind. However I didn't, I shouted to bring on a player, no way does it merit that kind of response. Personally I think it did hit a nerve, they can deny it all they like but imo KT had no chance of figuring regularly after his bust up with Malpas.

Danderhall Hibs
Maybe if he directed his venom at the players instead of the fans do you not think it would be a little more acceptable to you ?

Radio said they were directing their anger at the players - at HT and FT.

macca70
Watmore is the new Zoubir. Very good player in there but maybe just a bit too young for first team football.

If your good enough, your old enough.

Watmore is by a mile, our best attacking threat.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:15 PM
If your good enough, your old enough.

Watmore is by a mile, our best attacking threat.

Shat out of 2 challenges tonight. Looks scared.

Hibercelona
07-04-2014, 10:16 PM
There isn't half some poor wee souls in our support. Someone called you a name big deal. Malpas and butcher are hurting like the rest of us. They don't have the faith in the team to get them to pass the ball around. We're honking. Thommo told one of the coaching staff to **** off again today. He thinks he's better and bigger than the club so **** him. Let's get this season done and start a fresh.

It wasn't "one of the coaching staff". It was "Malpas" that he told to **** off. In fact, every player wants to do the same thing, but Thomson is the only player with the bottle to actually say it.

Malpas has been another Billy Brown for us. A complete lunatic of a man that offers nothing but abuse.

Hiber-nation
07-04-2014, 10:17 PM
MM bang out of order end of

However Sparky did just as bad if not worse twice ! Yet he was easily forgiven

How old was Sparky when he did it and how old is Malpas? No excuse.

DeLaGaff

Nae wonder Thomson tells them where to go, have you seen the pish that's playing ahead of him?!

Thomson should either be in the team (MM/TB admit they made a mistake isolating him) or nowhere near the team (cut their nose of to spite their face). Either way, what's happening just now isn't helping anyone!

matty_f
The whole club needs a rocket up it's erse from the players to the board to the stands.
I don't agree with Malpas shooting at someone, he needs to be above that, but are we really that precious about it that we have to make a big fuss about it on here? It's heat of the moment stuff.

Sure I've heard many a story of Turnbull giving players, fans, and media plenty of stick. Clough didn't stand for much either.

The whole club needs to toughen up,

Sammy7nil
07-04-2014, 10:18 PM

It woked better than this CONSTANT HOOF ball so they had better find an answer or learn some trust as their approasch has FAILED

stoneyburn hibs

MM is bang out of order. Hopefully for your sake they don't offer you a free season ticket as way of compensation, that would be a sore one.

Bobby's Cinema
what an absolute mess

Alfred E Newman
07-04-2014, 10:19 PM

Malpas and Butcher can not be hurting as much as me. I'll still be following the Hibs long after they have gone which might be sooner than you think.

Scottie
07-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Radio said they were directing their anger at the players - at HT and FT.
I can see the point of directing their anger at half time but at full time it's too ****ing late.

Maybe if they showed a bit of passion during the game the team might show a bit more fight as well but all they seem to do is the dumb waiter game right throughout the 90 minutes. FFS Billy Broon showed more passion on the sidelines for us then TB and MM since they have arrived

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:20 PM
The whole club needs a rocket up it's erse from the players to the board to the stands.
I don't agree with Malpas shooting at someone, he needs to be above that, but are we really that precious about it that we have to make a big fuss about it on here? It's heat of the moment stuff.

Sure I've heard many a story of Turnbull giving players, fans, and media plenty of stick. Clough didn't stand for much either.

Correct mate. Soft as *****.

edinburghhibee
It woked better than this CONSTANT HOOF ball so they had better find an answer or learn some trust as their approasch has FAILED

Agreed mate

greenflyer

The dugout is surrounded by technical advisors.:rolleyes::cb:grr::bitchy::fuming::panic:

smurf
07-04-2014, 10:21 PM
If true and I've no reason to doubt the claims then MM should be disciplined by the club.

macca70
Shat out of 2 challenges tonight. Looks scared.

If it was a 6ft 5inch centre half pulling out of a challenge then I would be concerned but not a young attacking midfielder.

If Harris had 'Shat Out' of a certain challenge when he got that bad injury in the derby then he'd not have been out injured for months and not seem to have lost the potential he appeared to have pre injury.

Winston Ingram

I'd contact the club. Suggesting a substitution so you must be a c***

Sammy7nil
How old was Sparky when he did it and how old is Malpas? No excuse.

Thats okay then :greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-04-2014, 10:23 PM
If it was a 6ft 5inch centre half pulling out of a challenge then I would be concerned but not a young attacking midfielder.

If Harris had 'Shat Out' of a certain challenge when he got that bad injury in the derby then he'd not have been out injured for months and not seem to have lost the potential he appeared to have pre injury.

Agreed

Hermit Crab

What did you do? Sit down and ignore it or confront him with a return insult? I know what i would have done.

jeffers
MM is bang out of order. Hopefully for your sake they don't offer you a free season ticket as way of compensation, that would be a sore one.

:top marksThat made me laugh mate. Sadly I've renewed for next season already.

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 10:24 PM
If you ask me the whole team are full of ***** and that includes the management team.

The lot need to clear the air with some home truths and they MUST sort this Thomson stuff out. FFS we could go down play the best 11 or that makes you no better than the cowards on the park.

Danderhall Hibs

You're as likely to get injured by jumping out of a tackle than you are by challenging.

The injury Harris got v Motherwell was reckless by Hutchison not cos Harris challenged.

matty_f
If true and I've no reason to doubt the claims then MM should be disciplined by the club.

:agree: then that should be the end of it.

Fife-Hibee
They do. Billy brown has a phd in it.

Hahaha

stevejordan
07-04-2014, 10:25 PM

KT Is away at end off season not in their plans.

Sammy7nil
07-04-2014, 10:27 PM

So are another 11 players away :wink:

Amit

Apparently going to Dundee Utd.

stoneyburn hibs
What did you do? Sit down and ignore it or confront him with a return insult? I know what i would have done.

Started a thread on .net on how you are going to smash MM ?

jeffers
07-04-2014, 10:28 PM

I had to ask the guys beside me what he'd actually said, I couldn't make it out ! By the time a few of them told me the moment had gone. I won't be ignoring it if he does it again.

TrinityHibs
The.boy MM told to fxxk off after he shouted bring on Thomson was sitting about 10 rows back. He was not called a cxxt. No idea if that's Jeffers or not

blackpoolhibs

If he's going to get a gun out can he start with one or two of the players before he aims it into the stands?:wink:

ehf
07-04-2014, 10:30 PM
Nae wonder Thomson tells them where to go, have you seen the pish that's playing ahead of him?!

Thomson should either be in the team (MM/TB admit they made a mistake isolating him) or nowhere near the team (cut their nose of to spite their face). Either way, what's happening just now isn't helping anyone!

:agree: to have him sitting in the dugout, visible to fans, whilst Craig is trying to beat Colin Nish's record for the most amount of time spent arse-on-turf and Cairney is blowing out of his arse after 40 seconds was never going to end well.

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 10:31 PM
That's it I'm bringing my tattie gun to ER and every time Butcher or MM shouts or makes a crap sub I'll pop one off their head. Pop, pop, pop!!!

jeffers
07-04-2014, 10:32 PM
The.boy MM told to fxxk off after he shouted bring on Thomson was sitting about 10 rows back. He was not called a cxxt. No idea if that's Jeffers or not

I'm in row H. Like I said I couldn't make out what he said, but more than one of the guys who sit beside me said he told me to "****** off yah ******"

matty_f
If he's going to get a gun out can he start with one or two of the players before he aims it into the stands?:wink:

:hilarious

macca70

They shouldn't be looking beyond this season!!

We should have the strongest team on the park every week until we ensure we are mathematically safe.

Jones28
07-04-2014, 10:36 PM
He can **** right off if his attitude is to give abuse to fans. A real assistant/manager would be able to justify these decisions but telling a supporter to **** off is unacceptable.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm in row H. Like I said I couldn't make out what he said, but more than one of the guys who sit beside me said he told me to "****** off yah ******"

So he might not have said it? You were so convincing in your post too.

jeffers
07-04-2014, 10:38 PM
So he might not have said it? You were so convincing in your post too.

Ask the guys who sit beside me, who have already posted on this thread. They will tell you that's what he said.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:38 PM
He can **** right off if his attitude is to give abuse to fans. A real assistant/manager would be able to justify these decisions but telling a supporter to **** off is unacceptable.

Do you think he should've invited Jeffers in for a chat so he could justify why KTs on the bench? I'd rather he was using his time to coach and try to get what he can out of that bunch of imposters.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 10:39 PM
Verbally abuses the players and now the fans who pay good money? Something seriously wrong at this football club.

DownInAlbion
07-04-2014, 10:45 PM
http://annadrops.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/everything-is-going-to-be-alright.jpg

lucky
07-04-2014, 10:46 PM
It's not often a team on slide can appoint a new management team that actually makes the team worse but we've got a duo that's pissed off the players and starting to abuse the support. FFS what other business would tolerate a assistant manager abusing it's customers. I really fear for Hibs. If we go down this season god knows when we might get back up with these characters running the team

Jonnyboy
07-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Do you think he should've invited Jeffers in for a chat so he could justify why KTs on the bench? I'd rather he was using his time to coach and try to get what he can out of that bunch of imposters.

DH, do you think it's acceptable for a club coach to verbally abuse a fan? MM is lucky he only heard one shout, there were plenty around me shouting for Craig off/Thomson on

Saorsa
07-04-2014, 10:48 PM
It's not often a team on slide can appoint a new management team that actually makes the team worse but we've got a duo that's pissed off the players and starting to abuse the support. FFS what other business would tolerate a assistant manager abusing it's customers. I really fear for Hibs. If we go down this season god knows when we might get back up with these characters running the teamnever mind running the team, it started long before they came in.

Jim44
07-04-2014, 10:49 PM

This is one of the most sensible suggestions I've read here for a while. It's common knowledge that Butcher and Malpas have no time for Thomson and for a while they pretended he was not in the squad because of injury. That was a lie. Suddenly he makes fringe appearances but never really given a chance to get back in the team. Apparently the Butcher, Malpas Thomson relationship takes a turn for the worse and there he is sitting on the bench tonight with a snowball's chance in hell of getting on the pitch. If I didn't credit them with some maturity, I'd say they are trying to humiliate Thomson. I'm not fighting for Thomson's corner, although I wish he was in the team, but if they don't want him around because he's too bolshie and speaks his mind, put him on gardening leave and allow the rest of the team to concentrate on our struggle.

Saorsa
07-04-2014, 10:51 PM
Do you think he should've invited Jeffers in for a chat so he could justify why KTs on the bench? I'd rather he was using his time to coach and try to get what he can out of that bunch of imposters.aye and he's doing that right enough

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2014, 10:52 PM
This is one of the most sensible suggestions I've read here for a while. It's common knowledge that Butcher and Malpas have no time for Thomson and for a while they pretended he was not in the squad because of injury. That was a lie. Suddenly he makes fringe appearances but never really given a chance to get back in the team. Apparently the Butcher, Malpas Thomson relationship takes a turn for the worse and there he is sitting on the bench tonight with a snowball's chance in hell of getting on the pitch. If I didn't credit them with some maturity, I'd say they are trying to humiliate Thomson. I'm not fighting for Thomson's corner, although I wish he was in the team, but if they don't want him around because he's too bolshie and speaks his mind, put him on gardening leave and allow the rest of the team concentrate on our struggle.

I never wanted Thomson back at the club, but i'd rather have him in the side than Butcher and Malpas managing the club.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:53 PM
DH, do you think it's acceptable for a club coach to verbally abuse a fan? MM is lucky he only heard one shout, there were plenty around me shouting for Craig off/Thomson on

Depends who he is. :greengrin

On the face of it - no but I can understand it.

stevejordan
07-04-2014, 10:53 PM
pressure must be getting to them and news that they have lost the dressing room does not surprise me with the recent form one win in 14 4 defeats in a row Petrie has blown it again with these 2 imposters

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 10:55 PM
aye and he's doing that right enough

I did say try. :wink:

matty_f
07-04-2014, 10:56 PM
pressure must be getting to them and news that they have lost the dressing room does not surprise me with the recent form one win in 14 4 defeats in a row Petrie has blown it again with these 2 imposters

To be honest, so long as we stay in the spfl I don't care if butcher has lost the dressing room. We have 5 more games with this squad then Butcher can change the dressing room. This bunch have already seen one manager leave this season, they need to go before the manager does.

Jones28
07-04-2014, 10:58 PM

The bottom line is that he abused a Hibs supporter who, by all accounts wasn't even giving them personal abuse!

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 11:01 PM
The bottom line is that he abused a Hibs supporter who, by all accounts wasn't even giving them personal abuse!
That we know of. Although the venom on this thread would suggest there might have been some personal abuse.

jeffers
07-04-2014, 11:05 PM
That we know of. Although the venom on this thread would suggest there might have been some personal abuse.

You're just making things up now. What venom ? I told you what I said. I shouted get Kevin Thomson on. I didn't mention TB or MM or shout any personal abuse. It won't be the first time someone shouted at them to bring a sub on and it won't be the last. Should all these shouts get a response telling the fans to ****** off too ?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 11:06 PM
You're just making things up now. I told you what I said. I shouted get Kevin Thomson on. I didn't mention TB or MM or shout any personal abuse. It won't be the first time someone shouted at them to bring a sub on and it won't be the last. Should all these shouts get a response telling the fans to ****** off too ?

I didn't say by you. Maybe Malpas was shouting at someone else?

Borderhibbie76
07-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Doesnt matter what was shouted at MM...totally unprofessional to react in that way...ffs we r entitled to shout 1 win in 14 and honking football to boot! ! Really worried for our club...we r a shambles from top to bottom😭

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
07-04-2014, 11:10 PM
LTYF and his gaffer

Aye good one.

jeffers
07-04-2014, 11:13 PM
I didn't say by you. Maybe Malpas was shouting at someone else?

Fair enough, but his response was straight after mine, so I believe it was directed at me.

I'm not getting all precious because I was called a ******, believe me it's not the first time ! My point was that when you are struggling badly getting the fans against you isn't the smartest thing to do, plus it made me think if that's the style of him it's no big surprise the players aren't responding well.

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2014, 11:19 PM

i'm still trying to work out which sweary word that is...can you at least include the first and last letters instead of an asterix :greengrin could it be a B and a R ?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Fair enough, but his response was straight after mine, so I believe it was directed at me.

I'm not getting all precious because I was called a ******, believe me it's not the first time !

Same here mate :hilarious

jeffers
07-04-2014, 11:22 PM
i'm still trying to work out which sweary word that is...can you at least include the first and last letters instead of an asterix :greengrin could it be a B and a R ?

Must be the swear filter doing that ! I typed the first and last letter and the middle two asterisks. If it helps the word rhymes with duck. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2014, 11:27 PM
Must be the swear filter doing that ! I typed the first and last letter and the middle two asterisks. If it helps the word rhymes with duck. :greengrin

ah righty :whistle:

The Green Goblin
07-04-2014, 11:30 PM

Well it can`t be "luck", cos there's precious little of that going our way at the moment....:wink:

Technofob
07-04-2014, 11:34 PM

I sit in front of you. To be fair you did use a few expletives yourself.

There's no excuse for malpas telling a supporter to eff off but he didn't call you a c@@t .

Hermit Crab
07-04-2014, 11:38 PM
I sit in front of you. To be fair you did use a few expletives yourself.

There's no excuse for malpas telling a supporter to eff off but he didn't call you a c@@t .

Now we get the truth. Always two sides to every story.

marinello59
07-04-2014, 11:38 PM

I heard the 'Shut the **** up' response from him as clear as day. I didn't hear the comment you reckon he said and I am right behind the dug out.
They guy he told to 'shut the **** up' had been constantly shouting for Thomson to be brought on from the time the match kicked off. And the guy did indeed shut the **** up for the rest of the game. I ain't defending Malpas here by the way but I can see why he got frustrated.

s2hart
07-04-2014, 11:54 PM
I heard the 'Shut the **** up' response from him as clear as day. I didn't hear the comment you reckon he said and I am right behind the dug out.
They guy he told to 'shut the **** up' had been constantly shouting for Thomson to be brought on from the time the match kicked off. And the guy did indeed shut the **** up for the rest of the game. I ain't defending Malpas here by the way but I can see why he got frustrated.

4 pages in and we are getting the truth, MM is still out of order and should be more professional than that.

basehibby
07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
4 pages in and we are getting the truth, MM is still out of order and should be more professional than that.

Disagree - MM was not brought in to be the media friendly nice guy - surely he's the scary one that was supposed to knock all the shirkers into shape?!? If the moanin faced geezer shut The F up then it sounds to me that MM has lost none of his charm

s2hart
08-04-2014, 12:11 AM
Disagree - MM was not brought in to be the media friendly nice guy - surely he's the scary one that was supposed to knock all the shirkers into shape?!? If the moanin faced geezer shut The F up then it sounds to me that MM has lost none of his charm

I know what you are saying but he still shouldn't be turning around to a member of the paying public and reacting like that,
heat of the moment or not.

FWIW and maybe I'm contradicting myself I'd of done the same as MM and deal with the consequences after.

sven nil
08-04-2014, 12:13 AM
I would sack malpas first thing this morning,There again I would never had hired him in the first case given his managerial record was well below average,Plus the fact I dislike the wee prick,

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 12:20 AM
I would sack malpas first thing this morning,There again I would never had hired him in the first case given his managerial record was well below average,Plus the fact I dislike the wee prick,

Behave.

matty_f
08-04-2014, 12:24 AM

You stay classy.

jeffers
08-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Like I said M59, I heard MM respond directly after I shouted for KT to be brought on. I couldn't make out what he said, the guys beside me (and a few of them have already posted on this thread) said his response was to call me a ******. We are talking about different people and I suspect, different incidents - I only shouted once for KT to be brought on.

spike220
08-04-2014, 05:04 AM
Disagree - MM was not brought in to be the media friendly nice guy - surely he's the scary one that was supposed to knock all the shirkers into shape?!? If the moanin faced geezer shut The F up then it sounds to me that MM has lost none of his charm :agree:

Centre Hawf
08-04-2014, 05:24 AM

He doesn't have to be nice to the media or make friends with his strikers. But we do pay help pay for his wages and would expect him to keep quiet and not react to the fans abuse or suggestions.

Beefster
08-04-2014, 05:38 AM
I reckon some Hibs fans actively delight in trying to sabotage the club.

jeffers
08-04-2014, 05:55 AM

If that's a go at me you are way off and sabotage ?? Really ?? My point as I've made a few times on this thread was when your team is performing as badly as they are turning on the fans isn't going to help you.

marinello59
08-04-2014, 06:08 AM
Like I said M59, I heard MM respond directly after I shouted for KT to be brought on. I couldn't make out what he said, the guys beside me (and a few of them have already posted on this thread) said his response was to call me a ******. We are talking about different people and I suspect, different incidents - I only shouted once for KT to be brought on.

It might have been a different incident but given where I sit I am pretty sure myself or others around me would have heard the comments you are mentioning here. Perhaps there were a few people sitting in the same area as you making repeated calls for Thomson to be brought on. If it sounded (perhaps wrongly) like one person to me then MM would have got the same impression which would explain his frustration. As you say, you didn't actually hear what was said yourself so perhaps MM gets the benefit of the doubt here? He was still of course in the wrong for shouting what he did at a fan but those calling for a sacking are way over the top, surely a simple apology is all that is required.

jodjam
08-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Jeffers getting a hard time which is unfair. I sit behind him. His first shout for Thomson to come on had no expletives. Others had shouted for KT but the first time Jeffers shouted MM reacted. I caught the F Off from MM and as the crowd around us reacted I missed the next part but he did say something else.

He also had a pop at a lad who sits a few rows in front at the utd game last month.

jeffers
It might have been a different incident but given where I sit I am pretty sure myself or others around me would have heard the comments you are mentioning here. Perhaps there were a few people sitting in the same area as you making repeated calls for Thomson to be brought on. If it sounded (perhaps wrongly) like one person to me then MM would have got the same impression which would explain his frustration. As you say, you didn't actually hear what was said yourself so perhaps MM gets the benefit of the doubt here? He was still of course in the wrong for shouting what he did at a fan but those calling for a sacking are way over the top, surely a simple apology is all that is required.

Maybe there were a few shouting for KT to come on before I did - I never heard them of they did. I know after I did the old boy who sits behind me shouted for KT to come on.

Too right calling for his sacking is way over the top and I'm certainly not one of those - the way things are going with results it could happen anyway, but that's another story !! IMO tho, again as I've said a few times turning on the fans isn't doing him any favours.

bawheid

This is correct.

Didn't realise there were so many precious wee lambs sitting in the west lower. Maybe try the FF next year - at least then the nasty man won't shout at you?

There are a few c***s at the club just now. Malpas may be one of them, some of the fans too. Thomson certainly is though. Can't for the life of me understand why we're fawning over a guy who mercilessly ripped the pish out of us the last time he was here, and by all accounts is doing the same again.

Empty him!

steviehibsleith
08-04-2014, 06:17 AM
LG was in trouble for gestures to the fans from the management , why is new assistant manager allowed to verbally abuse fans the same way ?

jeffers
08-04-2014, 06:20 AM
Jeffers getting a hard time which is unfair. I sit behind him. His first shout for Thomson to come on had no expletives. Others had shouted for KT but the first time Jeffers shouted MM reacted. I caught the F Off from MM and as the crowd around us reacted I missed the next part but he did say something else.

He also had a pop at a lad who sits a few rows in front at the utd game last month.
Thanks mate.

JimBHibees
08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Can as fans we not let the management do their job rather than having a pop. In general Hibs must have some of the least supportive fans on the planet, only too ready to have a pop at players and management and seem it appears to enjoy it and are in some ways gutted when we win. It is a cycle which shows no sign of being broken any time soon. If we are trying to hound out a new management team in the early stages of their tenure at Hibs we are doing a good job.

JimBHibees
08-04-2014, 06:29 AM
This is correct.

Didn't realise there were so many precious wee lambs sitting in the west lower. Maybe try the FF next year - at least then the nasty man won't shout at you?

There are a few c***s at the club just now. Malpas may be one of them, some of the fans too. Thomson certainly is though. Can't for the life of me understand why we're fawning over a guy who mercilessly ripped the pish out of us the last time he was here, and by all accounts is doing the same again.

Empty him!

Nail on the head, a complete bad apple and needs punted good player or not. He hasnt exactly been pulling up trees with his performances and sounds like he is stirring it behind the scenes and only to happy to do the management team down. Yet alot of supporters bizarrely are happy to side with him.

JimBHibees
08-04-2014, 06:30 AM

Agree.

gorgie greens
08-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Absolute old school management, the game is evolving. There's no need for it, some constructive criticism is fine and even the odd bollocking when we lose heavily but absolutely screaming at the players is not the way forward - same for criticising them in the press.

The hoofball tactics also reak of old school tactics, Hibs are a team which have prided themselves for years about total football etc. Not long balls bypassing the midfield.

I agree that he needs to button his lip a bit.but he shows passion and im glad he cares about whats happening ,and if old school management worked at Old Trafford under Fergies charge then im all for that,some guys at ER think they are bigger than the club .cant wait for close season when TB and MM can get rid of the dead wood that is at Easter Road and if possible put Petrie in the boot when they get rid of those dead bodies and take him to.
never found the type of free flowing football we crave has ever been one of Butchers strengths and I don't think it ever will be,i just want a winning team on the park even if I get the odd eye bleed on the way,the team he has to pick from are dire

Sudds_1
08-04-2014, 06:35 AM

was there an old zoubir? :rolleyes:

Tyler Durden
08-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Can as fans we not let the management do their job rather than having a pop. In general Hibs must have some of the least supportive fans on the planet, only too ready to have a pop at players and management and seem it appears to enjoy it and are in some ways gutted when we win. It is a cycle which shows no sign of being broken any time soon. If we are trying to hound out a new management team in the early stages of their tenure at Hibs we are doing a good job.

Total nonsense blaming fans again - gutted when we win, yeah ok.

gorgie greens
08-04-2014, 06:39 AM
Nail on the head, a complete bad apple and needs punted good player or not. He hasnt exactly been pulling up trees with his performances and sounds like he is stirring it behind the scenes and only to happy to do the management team down. Yet alot of supporters bizarrely are happy to side with him.

think hes played one or two decent games since his return,get rid asap ,like others have said his actions when he left ER the last time were scandalous and if hes up to his **** again id empty him now.

Cameron1875
08-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Malpas an Butcher won't get another job in Football if they relegate Hibs so no wonder they are feeling the pressure!

MikeyG
08-04-2014, 07:32 AM

Maybe the boy at Tynecastle should be commended for trying to attack Butcher if that is the class of our management team.

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 07:37 AM

Not when there are several yards, a wall/fence, a number of stewards and police and a load of witnesses between the two involved as there was last night. :confused:

I was within a few yards of the "incident" and this was the "layout" at the relevant time M'lud! :agree:

Slim Shady
Malpas inspires no confidence what so ever. He shuffles around the technical area for a wee while with a long face then sits down beside Butcher. Very rarely shouts any encouragement or instructions .
I can only assume that he must have some coaching ability though that is not very evident on the pitch at the moment.
I'm afraid the "Dream Team " is turning into a nightmare. All we can do as supporters is try and back what ever mish mash of players this pair come up with and hope that somewhere along the line we come up against a team as bad as ourselves and we can pick up enough points to get out of this mess.

Nonsense.

MM is nearly always on his feet out there encouraging the team to press and push forward. Kicks every ball and claiming for every throw, free kick corner. He and TB know fine well they are In the brown stuff.

For me KT should've started last night as he is a talented player. But until he agrees to play the way he's is asked by his management then I agree - don't play him. What message does it send if we allow players to say 'no thanks, I'll play how I want to play' and go against instructions and lose the respect of dressing room.

Until we can get rid of the dross in the summer we need to scrap a draw here and there and survive.

JimBHibees
Total nonsense blaming fans again - gutted when we win, yeah ok.

not blaming the fans however do you think moaning and groaning at bad passes and shouting at the management helps the team.

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Nonsense.

MM is nearly always on his feet out there encouraging the team to press and push forward. Kicks every ball and claiming for every throw, free kick corner. He and TB know fine well they are In the brown stuff.

For me KT should've started last night as he is a talented player. But until he agrees to play the way he's is asked by his management then I agree - don't play him. What message does it send if we allow players to say 'no thanks, I'll play how I want to play' and go against instructions and lose the respect of dressing room.

Until we can get rid of the dross in the summer we need to scrap a draw here and there and survive.

Then leave KT in the stand, stop telling the fans he is injured when he is not and then none of what happened last night would happen nor would the squad disruption that you allude to! :confused:

chrisski33
08-04-2014, 07:50 AM
This is correct.

Empty him!

Where do u get that he is taking the pish out of the club again?

ronaldo7
08-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Our club has indeed gone soft. Some fans shouting for one of their favourites to come on, and get telt to get tae. FFS what have we come to.:rolleyes:

The fighting Hibernians roll over and get their tummy tickled.

matty_f
08-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Then leave KT in the stand, stop telling the fans he is injured when he is not and then none of what happened last night would happen nor would the squad disruption that you allude to! :confused:

He's not said kt was injured since he's been available for selection again.

ehf
08-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Malpas an Butcher won't get another job in Football if they relegate Hibs so no wonder they are feeling the pressure!

That was me! Not as bad as Jeffers got last night, though.

oldbiker
08-04-2014, 08:18 AM

If I was performing at the % this pair are, people would come and shout at me at work, Mind I would be binned long before I got to that stage anyway.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Our club has indeed gone soft. Some fans shouting for one of their favourites to come on, and get telt to get tae. FFS what have we come to.:rolleyes:

The fighting Hibernians roll over and get their tummy tickled.

You mean some fans shouting for the best player in the squad to come on because guys like Craig aren't a footballer in a million years.

The Sea-gull
08-04-2014, 08:39 AM
If one of my customers came into my place of work and shouted and swore at me then it is not acceptable but if I responded by shouting and swearing back then I'd be subject to a disciplinary. I'm sure if someone complains to Hibs then MM will be subject to the same but it will all blow over and is not that big a deal.

I've never really liked MM going back to his playing days when he was straight out of the Willie Miller school of misery and arrogance. I don't really need to like him though, I just want him to contribute to a successful Hibs team. Right now this is not happening but like the manager, I'll forgive him a few things for now and, hoping we don't go down, reserve my judgement until I see what sort of budget they get in the summer, how they use it and how they perform next season.

Him and Butcher have looked thoroughly miserable in recent weeks though and I suspect there has a lot been going on/has gone on behind the scenes that we don't even know the half of. The two of them looked very angry at Firrhill recently and TB marched off not shrugging his shoulders at the fans who were shouting at him.

I have said it before but Keith Jackson's inevitable Kevin Thomson interview this sumer where his hell at Hibs under TB and MM is detailed will make for interesting reading.

Technofob
08-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Not defending MM's actions but the perfect storm of advice/abuse/insult occurred.

1. Jeffers was shouting for KT to come on (advice)
2. The group of guys who sit in the first 3 or 4 rows were giving it to him tight (abuse)
3. Someone in front of us shouted 'bring back fenlon!!'(insult)

No wonder he lost it after that insult!!!!

For the remainder of the game 4 or 5 different people shouted for KT to be brought on as a joke.

ColintonHibs
08-04-2014, 08:50 AM
The difference being that your ticket money is what is paying their wages.

Mine wont be next season. Almost renewed yesterday but they can find some other mug

07BigD
08-04-2014, 08:52 AM
KT is only interested in one person, himself, we all know this squad of players are guff and hopefully we stay up and build a new team capable of playing the way the management want them to.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 08:55 AM
KT is only interested in one person, himself, we all know this squad of players are guff and hopefully we stay up and build a new team capable of playing the way the management want them to.

How do the management want them to play?

EH54
08-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Not defending MM's actions but the perfect storm of advice/abuse/insult occurred.

1. Jeffers was shouting for KT to come on (advice)
2. The group of guys who sit in the first 3 or 4 rows were giving it to him tight (abuse)
3. Someone in front of us shouted 'bring back fenlon!!'(insult)

No wonder he lost it after that insult!!!!

For the remainder of the game 4 or 5 different people shouted for KT to be brought on as a joke.

I'm all for a passionate coaching team but 1 win in 14 no win in 8, I think they have to accept there going to get stick, Had the guy been dishing out abuse to MM then fair enough I don’t care who is it if it’s a player a manager even a Ref if you give it out then you have to take it on the chin if they react however this wasn't the case and for a professional to react like this is a joke. Had this been Fenlon or CC, I think some of guys on here reactions would be different.

Thecat23
08-04-2014, 08:58 AM

He actually cares about the state of the club but don't let facts get ahead of a good lie.

coco22
08-04-2014, 09:07 AM

Nonsense about Thomson but agree about the new team. Would be really interested to know how the management team are instructing them to play at the moment...

07BigD
08-04-2014, 09:12 AM
If Thommo really cared about the club he would pull in the same direction as everyone else, by the way I want Thompson on the team sheet every week because he is better than Craig any day of the week but he obviously doesn't want to work with the management team.

ronaldo7
08-04-2014, 09:13 AM
You mean some fans shouting for the best player in the squad to come on because guys like Craig aren't a footballer in a million years.

I personally think Ben Williams is a better goalkeeper than KT:aok:

Weir7
08-04-2014, 09:16 AM
If Thommo really cared about the club he would pull in the same direction as everyone else, by the way I want Thompson on the team sheet every week because he is better than Craig any day of the week but he obviously doesn't want to work with the management team.
Please share what is obvious?

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2014, 09:17 AM

Butchers team selections and tactics are shocking, he does not have a clue. Fenlon had the same players gaining more points and nowhere near a relegation battle. Butchers way of playing has us currently the worst form team in the league.

07BigD
08-04-2014, 09:22 AM
I'm not blind I'm there every week supporting the team, they are simply not good enough and no amount of managerial change will make them any better, we need to change the team it's that simple.

07BigD
08-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Please share what is obvious?

If he was pulling in the same direction he'd be playing, is there some info you wish to share that explains why he is not getting picked?

The_Sauz
08-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Butchers team selections and tactics are shocking, he does not have a clue. Fenlon had the same players gaining more points and nowhere near a relegation battle. Butchers way of playing has us currently the worst form team in the league.

If that is true, then how come he had ICT 2nd top of the league and went on a 9 game unbeaten run when he came with Hibs? Also was it not PF that had Hibs fighting relegation with Dunfermline :confused:

07BigD
08-04-2014, 10:17 AM
If that is true, then how come he had ICT 2nd top of the league and went on a 9 game unbeaten run when he came with Hibs? Also was it not PF that had Hibs fighting relegation with Dunfermline :confused:

Correct, we're on a horrible run but sticking with Fenlon was not an option, has everyone forgotten how bad we were under him, things were not going to suddenly turn the corner.

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 10:19 AM

And we are getting worse every week.

07BigD
08-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Yet at ICT the style of play brought results, it's the players.

Michael
08-04-2014, 10:24 AM

Can't blame Fenlon for Calderwood's disaster of a squad. Pat had to find an entire new team in January. It's no wonder we were almost relegated.

keep the faith
08-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Not much evidence of good coaching so far.

Speedway
08-04-2014, 10:43 AM

Its funny how managers manage to win trophies (Fenlon) get a team flying high on a fraction of the Hibs budget (Butcher) get to cup finals (Fenlon) and have the footballing knowledge to captain a major nation in a World Cup (Butcher) and become tactically clueless at HIbs.

The same tactical cluelessness which allowed them to make Hibs their bitches whilst at another club.

I think we all know it's the players who are betraying us.

mmmmhibby
08-04-2014, 10:55 AM
bottom line here is that MM has retorted to using bad language, fired towards his own teams supporters. This has happened more than once. Its completely unacceptable for any teams managerial staff to do this. We pay his wages, he has a cheek!!!! He's a grumpty faced little prick!!!

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:00 AM
bottom line here is that MM has retorted to using bad language, fired towards his own teams supporters. This has happened more than once. Its completely unacceptable for any teams managerial staff to do this. We pay his wages, he has a cheek!!!! He's a grumpty faced little prick!!!

What about the bad language that's directed from fans to butcher and malpas. I take it that's ok then? I don't blame malpas one bit as the abuse coming from the stands is quite ridiculous at times. Can't expect to berate someone and not get a response.

Fans expect the management to take it so I expect the fans to do the same.

easty
08-04-2014, 11:06 AM
What about the bad language that's directed from fans to butcher and malpas. I take it that's ok then? I don't blame malpas one bit as the abuse coming from the stands is quite ridiculous at times. Can't expect to berate someone and not get a response.

#agree :greengrin

mmmmhibby

What are you talking about? I pay my money to watch hibs so, i'll shout what I want within the rules of course. Its not acceptable at managerial level to be directing abuse towards their own fans. It could be deemed as a sackable offence at some clubs.

happiehibbie
Its funny how managers manage to win trophies (Fenlon) get a team flying high on a fraction of the Hibs budget (Butcher) get to cup finals (Fenlon) and have the footballing knowledge to captain a major nation in a World Cup (Butcher) and become tactically clueless at HIbs.

The same tactical cluelessness which allowed them to make Hibs their bitches whilst at another club.

The Issue is we are rotten at the top of the tree and it spreads right through the whole company SIMPLE

or issues start with RP and then everything through the club reflects on his actions

easty
08-04-2014, 11:08 AM
What are you talking about? I pay my money to watch hibs so, i'll shout what I want within the rules of course. Its not acceptable at managerial level to be directing abuse towards their own fans. It could be deemed as sackable at some clubs.

I really hate that ridiculously feeble argument.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:09 AM
What are you talking about? I pay my money to watch hibs so, i'll shout what I want within the rules of course. Its not acceptable at managerial level to be directing abuse towards their own fans. It could be deemed as a sackable offence at some clubs.

I'm talking about the abuse that gets directed towards the management team on the bench. You can't expect them not to respond to constant abuse.

mmmmhibby
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM
I really hate that ridiculously feeble argument.

Explain?

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Malpas should be big enough to take abuse shouted at him, it can hardly be the first time ?, interesting to see if the club do anything about this that is if they are aware of it !.

eggbamyasi
08-04-2014, 11:16 AM

Totally agree . There the managment as I said on post before . If I was on a job and someone I was managing told me to **** off or similar they would be gone ....... either get qith what the manager wants or leave .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Malpas should be big enough to take abuse shouted at him, it can hardly be the first time ?, interesting to see if the club do anything about this that is if they are aware of it !.

Unless somebody grasses him up the club don't know about it. That's the way it should stay.

Lang Toun Hibs
08-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Yes, but the players need to be managed/coached effectively. They were at first but not for some time now. TB & MM seem to have lost it completely. I hope they can get it back so we can start again next season where we should be, not where we may be heading as it stands in terms of form.

We've made our choice of manager and for once, we need to see where it takes us. There weren't too many dissenting voices at the time.

As for MM and his comments, he should be disciplined by the club if true. No question. If any of us said what he's reported to have said to any of our business's customers, we would face the same.

eggbamyasi
08-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm not blind I'm there every week supporting the team, they are simply not good enough and no amount of managerial change will make them any better, we need to change the team it's that simple.

Correct . And so so so obvious .dont get why people dont see that lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

easty
08-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Explain?

The management get abuse shouted at them all the time. I'm not saying it was from you directly. But if the management then turn round and shout that someone should **** off, some people feel the need to get all precious about it.

What do you want Malpas to do? Turn round and do a wee jig whilst singing "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"?

The "I can call Malpas a useless **** cos I paid to be here, he technically works for me, he should just take the abuse" ***** is pathetic.

easty
08-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Yes, but the players need to be managed/coached effectively. They were at first but not for some time now. TB & MM seem to have lost it completely. I hope they can get it back so we can start again next season where we should be, not where we may be heading as it stands in terms of form.

We've made our choice of manager and for once, we need to see where it takes us. There weren't too many dissenting voices at the time.

As for MM and his comments, he should be disciplined by the club if true. No question. If any of us said what he's reported to have said to any of our business's customers, we would face the same.

Perhaps not if you explained you'd been subjected to hours and hours of the same abuse before you finally snapped.

mmmmhibby
08-04-2014, 11:26 AM
if we were playing well and contesting for 2nd or 3rd place then 99% of hibbys wouldn't give a hoot about MM swearing at fans. However, its the exact opposite, he aint that stupid not think he gonna get an earful from disgruntled hibbys is he? Our fans are watching the worst hibs team in 20 years, we are entitled to voice our opinions at games. Unfortunately, watching this team brings out the worst in some of us. Sometimes its hard being a hibby, but hey ho, things can only get better!!!

mmmmhibby
08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
The management get abuse shouted at them all the time. I'm not saying it was from you directly. But if the management then turn round and shout that someone should **** off, some people feel the need to get all precious about it.

What do you want Malpas to do? Turn round and do a wee jig whilst singing "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"?

The "I can call Malpas a useless **** cos I paid to be here, he technically works for me, he should just take the abuse" ***** is pathetic.

What I want malpas to do is not to respond to fans having a dig at him, its totally unprofessional, he should know better, he should no be swearing at his own fans. You cannot defend his actions. Arsene Wenger is taking abuse on a regular basis at arsenals home games, yet he does not respond by swearing at his own fans. MM has no class, he could learn a lot from Wenger.

Beefster
08-04-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm loving the faux outrage and rank hypocrisy on this thread.

"A man was getting sworn at and swore back. I'm absolutely ****ing livid at the ****."

.Sean.
08-04-2014, 11:33 AM
**** Malpas and **** Butcher.

HOOOOOOOOOOOF them oot the door.

07BigD
08-04-2014, 11:38 AM
There was a chap behind me shouting his usual nonsensical guff for most of the first half then he started with the terry butcher hun/orange barsteward etc so I told him to give it a rest, I've got my 7 and 5 year old laddies with me, going to a football match doesn't allow you to shout abuse and say whatever you like, I moved out of my allocated seats for the second half, even the boys were asking why he was talking rubbish and that's what they do best.

Lang Toun Hibs
08-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Perhaps not if you explained you'd been subjected to hours and hours of the same abuse before you finally snapped.

Not where I work!

easty
08-04-2014, 11:40 AM
What I want malpas to do is not to respond to fans having a dig at him, its totally unprofessional, he should know better, he should no be swearing at his own fans. You cannot defend his actions. Arsene Wenger is taking abuse on a regular basis at arsenals home games, yet he does not respond by swearing at his own fans. MM has no class, he could learn a lot from Wenger.

I can, and I am, defending his actions.

MyJo
08-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Explain?

Does paying for your ticket on the bus entitle you to abuse the driver?

Can you tell the people working in edinburgh castle that they are f###ing useless and aren't doing their jobs properly as long as you've paid to go there?

Is harrassing and threatening the taxi driver included in the standard fare or do you have to pay a bit extra to call him a d##khead?

Alfred E Newman
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM

I sit in that section behind the dug out and did not hear or see the incident last night. There is no more abuse coming from this area than anywhere else in the ground and you will hear far worse language in other parts of the stadium. There was certainly no torrent of abuse aimed at the dug out last night , in fact I think they are getting off lightly. The supporters are rightly getting frustrated with the situation at the moment and if someone decides to air their views from the stands they should not be told to **** off by the management team.

BSEJVT
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Its not ideal but football is an emotive game.

It wont be the first or the last time some club official swears at a supporter from Hibs or anywhere else.

IMO there are far more pressing issues with our club and with our management team than this and as a stick to beat MM over the head with its a little bit of a twig.

IanM
08-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Unless the person who received the abuse has taken offence to this personally I think it's best to discuss then wipe it under the carpet. MM probably shouldn't have reacted but at least he gave a reactino which is more than what they seem to be getting from the players..

2 weeks to get it right..

jeffers
08-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I sit in that section behind the dug out and did not hear or see the incident last night. There is no more abuse coming from this area than anywhere else in the ground and you will hear far worse language in other parts of the stadium. There was certainly no torrent of abuse aimed at the dug out last night , in fact I think they are getting off lightly. The supporters are rightly getting frustrated with the situation at the moment and if someone decides to air their views from the stands they should not be told to **** off by the management team.

Absolutely spot on.

As for getting all precious what a load of bollox. I didn't shout abuse. I shouted to bring on Kevin Thomson and for that one of our coaching staff tells me to F off. If a player is sitting on the bench I don't think it is unrealistic to expect him to to have the opportunity to come on. I realise for some KT will never be accepted, I'm not going to repeat my views on that, but to me that's distracting from the whole issue - it could have been any one of the bench I had shouted to be brought on. If MM thinks abusing his own fans is going to do him any favours he's an idiot. When you are on a terrible run, you can't score, you can't defend and the football is horrifc losing the support of the fans is not the way to go. Hardly surprising if the players have no respect for him, I can only imagine how he conducts himself around them.

WestStandMoaner
08-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Absolutely spot on.

As for getting all precious what a load of bollox. I didn't shout abuse. I shouted to bring on Kevin Thomson and for that one of our coaching staff tells me to F off. If a player is sitting on the bench I don't think it is unrealistic to expect him to to have the opportunity to come on. I realise for some KT will never be accepted, I'm not going to repeat my views on that, but to me that's distracting from the whole issue - it could have been any one of the bench I had shouted to be brought on. If MM thinks abusing his own fans is going to do him any favours he's an idiot. When you are on a terrible run, you can't score, you can't defend and the football is horrifc losing the support of the fans is not the way to go. Hardly surprising if the players have no respect for him, I can only imagine how he conducts himself around them.

Well said Jeffers, if Malpas reacts like that to the fans then no wonder the players won't respond to him, I cannot believe the crap you are getting on this. I sit two rows behind and I and the guys either side of me herd exactly what he shouted.

Hiber-nation
08-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Absolutely spot on.

Aye it's amazing how some on here have turned a coach verbally abusing a fan into a fan verbally abusing a coach!! Only on Hibs.net as someone once said....

jeffers
08-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Well said Jeffers, if Malpas reacts like that to the fans then no wonder the players won't respond to him, I cannot believe the crap you are getting on this. I sit two rows behind and I and the guys either side of me herd exactly what he shouted.

Cheers mate.

Phil D. Rolls
08-04-2014, 12:32 PM

I can relate to that. You might have a quiet word with a colleague. You'd never shout at a "customer" though.

Mores the pity. :greengrin

ekhibee
08-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Malpas was well out of order if he did say that, and should be reprimanded/disciplined accordingly. But sorry Jeffers, you weren't even sure WHAT he'd said, and there was apparentely other people near you who were giving abuse. And as for that 'I pay my money so I'm entitled to an opinion' stuff (and that has nothing to do with Jeffers or what was said to him), yeh, all of us will have an opinion about how bad our team is at the moment and who or what is responsible, but there's also plenty of people who consistently shout abuse however well the team are playing. I'd be very surprised if many of them are either disciplined or fined. I swear as much as anybody else by the way, but football fans can be fickle. I know because I am one, and have often queried why a particular player isn't playing, and when such a player does get a game there is no great improvement.
Just in my opinion, Butcher has tried all sorts of different ways and formations to get something out of this lot but it hasn't worked, and it might be that he's just going through the motions with them now in the hope that somewhere between now and the end of the season we get a point or two that will keep us safe from the play-offs,then he can completely change the team. That doesn't sound great, but unless he decides to draft in two or three more youngsters into the 1st team, the players we are watching just now are the ones who will be playing right up to the end of the season. Tactically, even though we were playing at home, I do think it was right to play 1 up front against Aberdeen who are a good counter-attacking side and break fast up the pitch. Contrary to what the likes of Gary McAllister says, I actually thought there were parts of our game that wern't too bad at all for fair chunks of the game and we should've had a penalty too.
Right now Hibs are an easy target for the media, understandably so, and some **** refereeing decisions haven't helped, but without being disrespectful to Jeffers, who should not in any way be blamed for this, IMO there are far more pressing issues than an assistant manager making a passing comment, although as I said before, if it was directed at Jeffers he should be disciplined properly, and quite right too.

mmmmhibby
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM

Can you tell the people working in edinburgh castle that they are f###ing useless and aren't doing their jobs properly as long as you've paid to go there?

Is harrassing and threatening the taxi driver included in the standard fare or do you have to pay a bit extra to call him a d##khead?

your getting far too politically correct mate, we are talking about football.

Phil D. Rolls
08-04-2014, 01:46 PM
When faced with dilemmas like this, Maurice should ask himself - what would Eddie Tutnbull do?

J-C
08-04-2014, 01:51 PM

I'm a taxi driver and if I decided to take someone the country route which cost them a lot more, then they'd have every right to call me everything under the sun, Malpas is a coach/assistant and he aint doing what he's paid to do, same thing, do your job properly and we'll say nowt.

Phil D. Rolls
08-04-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm a taxi driver and if I decided to take someone the country route which cost them a lot more, then they'd have every right to call me everything under the sun, Malpas is a coach/assistant and he aint doing what he's paid to do, same thing, do your job properly and we'll say nowt.

So you're going to Liberton Brae, from South Bridge. You make the cut at West Crosscauseway, and the fare tells you you're a bandit. How do you react?

J-C
08-04-2014, 02:02 PM
So you're going to Liberton Brae, from South Bridge. You make the cut at West Crosscauseway, and the fare tells you you're a bandit. How do you react?

At least come up with a scenario that would be realistic :confused:

How about going from Leith to Corstorphine via the by pass, that's more realistic and would indeed be a reason to have a go at me.

Speedway
08-04-2014, 02:25 PM

Are you saying that the players were prepared to play the Butcher way for the first 10 matches and then on the 11th, they weren't?

Phil D. Rolls
08-04-2014, 02:28 PM

How about going from Leith to Corstorphine via the by pass, that's more realistic and would indeed be a reason to have a go at me.

Settle petal, nobody's having a go at you. It's well know in the blacks that making that turn takes about a mile off the route. The passenger, knowing **** all about how to do the job, thinks your having a laugh.

We were talking about taking criticism from people that think they know how to do a job, but actually don't. Such as private hire drivers, and fans that aren't privy to everything that goes on at the club.

At the end of the day, people like Maurice have to learn that - the fan is always right. Or at least that the fan is rarely right, but is entitled to be wrong without being humiliated.

Beefster
08-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Has Malpas been sacked yet?

Winston Ingram
08-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Has Malpas been sacked yet?

Still with us unfortunately :grr:

matty_f
08-04-2014, 03:41 PM

:top marks

With only a couple of notable exceptions, the players want to be hanging their heads in shame at what they're doing to the club.

They've seen off one manager already this season, now it looks like their on the verge of sending us down.

Butcher's ICT were fitter, stronger, technically better, tactically better than any Hibs side that I've seen over the last few years.

That didn't happen by accident, it happened because he had players that buckled down and worked hard for him, rather than a bunch of players who think they've made it because they're at Hibs.

Players out, Butcher in.

smurf
08-04-2014, 03:47 PM

With only a couple of notable exceptions, the players want to be hanging their heads in shame at what they're doing to the club.

They've seen off one manager already this season, now it looks like their on the verge of sending us down.

Butcher's ICT were fitter, stronger, technically better, tactically better than any Hibs side that I've seen over the last few years.

That didn't happen by accident, it happened because he had players that buckled down and worked hard for him, rather than a bunch of players who think they've made it because they're at Hibs.

Players out, Butcher in.

Well said. I agree with every word. I am amazed that some within us are turning on TB. I'm sure he's made mistakes but he inherited a complete shambles on and off the park. I think we were all amazed when Rod Petrie said we had a quality squad of players when appointing TB. We all knew it was a squad with glaring and obvious negatives. No balance. No pace. No firepower. What did RP know we didn't?

GreenLake
08-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Nonsense.

They are going to restore order. Everything else will come after that.

Brizo
08-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Its all about the c word imo.

If MM had told me to f off I wouldn't be happy but id accept it as a response from a man under pressure. If however he'd called me a c*** id be raging.

Whether he used that word or not, its never a good thing for managers or coaches to get involved with the fans. I thought we had brought a management team with a certain level of professionalism, class and dignity into the club, but maybe not.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Correct, we're on a horrible run but sticking with Fenlon was not an option, has everyone forgotten how bad we were under him, things were not going to suddenly turn the corner.

I'm the last man who will defend Fenlon, he brought me to my knees as a fan. Its because of his boring football that i gave up my season ticket. I keep hearing Butcher is a better manager, well if he is surely his tactics and motivational skills would have the same players playing as good as they were under Fenlon, and perhaps even a little better?

Fenlons team were ***** but middle of the table *****, under butcher the same players are even worse, horrendously worse, so much so we actually could be relegated.

But Butcher is a better manager right?

Pete
08-04-2014, 04:24 PM

It's like your company forcing you to drive your mate's R reg metrocab for a few weeks until you get your new cab and giving you long distance jobs.

Is it the drivers fault that the passenger is uncomfortable?

Northernhibee
08-04-2014, 05:04 PM

It's also funny how players join us and then become underwhelming (Craig) or leave for other clubs and become very good (Rankin) or players judged not good enough by the support (Hanlon) do very well at international U21 level.

I think we know it's neither the players, Butcher or Malpas deep down.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 05:06 PM
It's also funny how players join us and then become underwhelming (Craig) or leave for other clubs and become very good (Rankin) or players judged not good enough by the support (Hanlon) do very well at international U21 level.

No I really don't think we do know that at all. I actually think that a whole series of players, squads and previous managers have giant incriminating bullseyes on their jacksies telling us where the bulk of the blame lies.

Northernhibee
08-04-2014, 05:10 PM
No I really don't think we do know that at all. I actually think that a whole series of players, squads and previous managers have giant incriminating bullseyes on their jacksies telling us where the bulk of the blame lies.

I honestly don't believe that it's a coincidence that some 50-60 players over the last few seasons haven't done it for us.

It comes down to board level - are they doing everything they need to do to create a winning atmosphere at the club? The answer is evident.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 05:18 PM
I honestly don't believe that it's a coincidence that some 50-60 players over the last few seasons haven't done it for us.

It comes down to board level - are they doing everything they need to do to create a winning atmosphere at the club? The answer is evident.

Our squad has been mediocre 5hit for years now. A mixture of the injury prone, the unfit, the slow, the similar and the gutless. In among that have been standouts. We need to build a squad that is balanced and has strength in greater depth with a better blend of experience and raw talent. Butcher is trying to field a football team each week that is selected from what resembles the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Those 50-60 players have been collectively just mediocre dross.

Hermit Crab
08-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Still with us unfortunately :grr:

I hope you're joking.

Northernhibee
08-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Our squad has been mediocre 5hit for years now. A mixture of the injury prone, the unfit, the slow, the similar and the gutless. In among that have been standouts. We need to build a squad that is balanced and has strength in greater depth with a better blend of experience and raw talent. Butcher is trying to field a football team each week that is selected from what resembles the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Those 50-60 players have been collectively just mediocre dross.

I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in coincidence, the dry rot set in long ago. We missed out on Flood, Rooney, Taylor and many others and not for significantly large sums of money, there has been a severe lack of ambition shown from the highest levels at the club and it's dripped down. Missed out on the better players, missed out on league positions, missed out on attendances and the cycle has continues.

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm not superstitious and I don't believe in coincidence, the dry rot set in long ago. We missed out on Flood, Rooney, Taylor and many others and not for significantly large sums of money, there has been a severe lack of ambition shown from the highest levels at the club and it's dripped down. Missed out on the better players, missed out on league positions, missed out on attendances and the cycle has continues.

How do Motherwell manage to punch above their weight without these signings? Our problem has been players and managers who couldn't/wouldn't hack it. That and chronic short termism.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 05:26 PM

It's a glaring problem that still seems to be a mystery to some people. The boards lack of ambition is costing us more money than it would if they would just invest that little bit more to get these kind of players through the door.

Northernhibee
08-04-2014, 05:28 PM
How do Motherwell manage to punch above their weight without these signings? Our problem has been players and managers who couldn't/wouldn't hack it. That and chronic short termism.

Motherwell have had players like Higdon who we should have shown ambition to sign. They showed ambition and signed McFadden. Instead we get Clancy from them.

No ambition from the board.

Hibercelona
08-04-2014, 05:30 PM

Motherwell also have some strong signings of their own that we could have went for.

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Motherwell also have some strong signings of their own that we could have went for.

Mcmanus, we had him raining at EM

greenpaper55
08-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Mcmanus, we had him raining at EM
:doh:Should have been training ! it might have been raining though, maybe thats what put him off !.

Ray_
08-04-2014, 06:16 PM

No it doesn't, however, if the bus driver were to resort to reply MM was supposed to have done, he/she would more than likely be sacked, as would train/station staff, if it was witnessed or proven. Sucks I know, but they would be expected to go through the proper channels, i.e. the Police, for that level of personal abuse.

clerriehibs
08-04-2014, 06:21 PM

Is there any other way??? 😉

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2014, 06:29 PM
When decent players are opting to go to a jakey-infested, post-industrial wasteland like Motherwell, to train on canine excrement and broken glass-strewn public parks with bottles of Irn Bru for goalposts, instead of state-of-the art facilities, one of Britain's best stadiums and in a sophisticated capital city, then something is clearly rotten at Hibs. We aren't paying enough or they are detecting something very, very wrong. What did McManus find at East Mains? Some Satanic sex cult?

Let's not waste any time on Malpass or Butcher. The problem is clearly Petrie.

emerald green
08-04-2014, 06:33 PM

When TB/MM came to ER I didn't hear a single dissenting voice. Nobody called them imposters then, or when they had ICT near top of the SPL. Yet, when they come to Hibs, it all goes to hell. I just can't fathom it out why every managerial appointment at ER over the last 6/7 years keeps ending in failure.

Northernhibee
08-04-2014, 06:34 PM
When decent players are opting to go to a jakey-infested, post-industrial wasteland like Motherwell, to train on canine excrement and broken glass-strewn public parks with bottles of Irn Bru for goalposts, instead of state-of-the art facilities, one of Britain's best stadiums and in a sophisticated capital city, then something is clearly rotten at Hibs. We aren't paying enough or they are detecting something very, very wrong. What did McManus find at East Mains? Some Satanic sex cult?

I really don't know how much more blatant it could be. It's like figuring out who the villain is in Scooby Doo, just look out for the character with the dodgy 'tache.

Lang Toun Hibs
08-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Are you saying that the players were prepared to play the Butcher way for the first 10 matches and then on the 11th, they weren't?

More or less. He's lost it I'm afraid to say. Just hope he can get it back.

sleeping giant
08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
I've no probs with MM calling fans ****s . We are ****s FFS :greengrin
KT Is not the messiah. He is the original **** :greengrin

Lang Toun Hibs
08-04-2014, 07:19 PM

I'm not convinced that the board have that much influence in football matters...why does everyone seem to assume Rod Petrie is the common factor in our repeated failures. Is he involved in training, coaching team talks etc?

Northernhibee
08-04-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm not convinced that the board have that much influence in football matters...why does everyone seem to assume Rod Petrie is the common factor in our repeated failures. Is he involved in training, coaching team talks etc?

He's been one constant over several failed managers and teams of players.

Lang Toun Hibs
08-04-2014, 07:21 PM

But according to some, it would appear that these players would have been rubbish for us because of the board or some mysterious curse on the club! :o)

Cameron1875
08-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself! Something is going on and we need to find out what it is.

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2014, 07:36 PM
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out something has gone wrong. Poor players, whom Butcher had performing adequately, have crumbled to utter *****.

Craig, for example, has gone from being an intelligent goal scoring midfielder and such a leader that he was made captain, to somebody who looks like he'd rather be anywhere other than a football field.

I could go through the whole team in the same way. Whatever has happened they've stopped playing for him.

Is it the tactics? They aren't equipped to play his fast balls forward into space game as they don't have the pace or ability to control a ball at speed, not the vital stamina needed to sustain such a game.

So is it the training? His quest to develop that stamina and pace? Are they namby pamby's frightened of hard work like under Collins?

Has his Yogiesque 'up for a scrap' attitude turned them off? Not wanting to make to much of Malpas incident but the reaction on the thread shows that different people react to abuse in different ways. Some of us will be deeply offended, others will shrug it off, ignore it or laugh. Some will hold grudges, others will see as a reaction to the moment. Players will be the same.

Whatever it is, we should know as it's our club. No, don't even want to know. It needs to be fixed, and quickly, as it's carrying us to the championship and Johnny Hun. (We won't go down but I like a bit of drama to make the point).

Kaiserclem
08-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Collins taken off with 1 minute to go when your 2-0 down, what's the point in even making a sub at the point, other than to waste time.

Absolutely spot on! If Watmore had a niggling injury and could only last 6 mins then he shouldn't have been in the bench. 1 up front with 20yrds between the midfield and him at home is shocking and no attempt made to change it at any point. I wanted the so called 'dream team' but I have to say I am extremely concerned at the lack of tactical knowledge. They keep saying we need pace and hard work, which we do, but we need footballers and our best is on the bench. Craig is not good enough as are many more, no football brains started again IMO?

Gregor
08-04-2014, 08:02 PM
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out something has gone wrong. Poor players, whom Butcher had performing adequately, have crumbled to utter *****.

DBS : When did you start offering coherent arguments without the obligatory surrealism that gilt-edges anything branded with your name. Gie yersel a shake.

Also this thread epitomises everything that is both good and bad about fans forums on t'internet. It would be funny if it were not for the fact that so many folk are deadly serious in their views.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Lang Toun Hibs
08-04-2014, 08:32 PM
He's been one constant over several failed managers and teams of players.

Let the business people run the business and the football people run the football. I simply cannot accept that Petrie is directly responsible for turning good players and managers into bad ones. Sorry, I just don't get it.