PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan/Season Over Due To Injury

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:28 PM
What happened to him? Thought he was meant to be starting? Take it he got injured during the warm up? Our only striker who looks like he can score a goal, aswell:boo hoo:

Mikey
07-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Must have been an injury during the warm up. Cummings got the call over the tannoy just a few mins before kick off.

Saturdays Hero
07-04-2014, 09:33 PM
It's aright we've got Collins who can run about.....I'd hate to have to swop him for Boyd,Sutton,Rooney cause they don't run about .....just think how bad we'd be with any of them playing for us & not running about !!

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:35 PM
He bottled it.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 09:36 PM
What happened to him? Thought he was meant to be starting? Take it he got injured during the warm up? Our only striker who looks like he can score a goal, aswell:boo hoo:

How many has he scored again?

hibee_girl
07-04-2014, 09:36 PM
He bottled it.

:confused:

The_Exile
07-04-2014, 09:37 PM
It's aright we've got Collins who can run about.....I'd hate to have to swop him for Boyd,Sutton,Rooney cause they don't run about .....just think how bad we'd be with any of them playing for us & not running about !!

Name me one striker that could score regularly in this team? You need to create chances, this lot are incapable of such extravagancies. I think even Griffiths would struggle IMO.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:40 PM
How many has he scored again?

5 in 15. Collins has scored 6 in 30! Heffernan is the best finisher at the club, without a doubt.

Mikey
07-04-2014, 09:42 PM
5 in 15. Collins has scored 6 in 30! Heffernan is the best finisher at the club, without a doubt.

I was looking forward to him playing, but he needs the ball before he can do anything with it!

Maybe the Cat will expand on his comment.............. :wink:

very old hibby
07-04-2014, 09:43 PM
injured in the warm up ! aye ok

Mikey
07-04-2014, 09:46 PM
injured in the warm up ! aye ok

So what happened then :dunno:

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:46 PM
I was looking forward to him playing, but he needs the ball before he can do anything with it!

Maybe the Cat will expand on his comment.............. :wink:

Only repeating what I've just been told. Someone thinks he bottled it. Funny as I joked at the time as well.

If he did "hurt" himself in the warmup then he better convince his team mates.

Saturdays Hero
07-04-2014, 09:48 PM
10 games on the bounce without a goal but because he runs about is acceptable ?? I expect better than that from a striker,other than run about what does he do ?? Oh aye he wins headers,holds the ball up,runs at defences,creates openings with his lung busting back to goal runs....i see nothing from him not even as a target man that gives me confidence for us progressing with him as our main striker,I would love nothing more than him to be banging in the goals but there comes a time where you've gotta question his ability other than just his work rate.

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 09:54 PM
10 games on the bounce without a goal but because he runs about is acceptable ?? I expect better than that from a striker,other than run about what does he do ?? Oh aye he wins headers,holds the ball up,runs at defences,creates openings with his lung busting back to goal runs....i see nothing from him not even as a target man that gives me confidence for us progressing with him as our main striker,I would love nothing more than him to be banging in the goals but there comes a time where you've gotta question his ability other than just his work rate.
I don't rate him but he is probably and will go on elsewhere to show he is a better player than what we are seeing but whole team is so poor and creating so little chances ,you wouldn't bet on him scoring even if he was put through one on one .

Capt Mainwaring
07-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Only repeating what I've just been told. Someone thinks he bottled it. Funny as I joked at the time as well.

Butcher said in the post match Radio interview that Heffernan pulled a groin during pre match warm up. Had to get Aberdeen permission to change the team lines.

hibee_girl
07-04-2014, 09:55 PM

So his team mates are accusing him of faking an injury?

Dirkster23
07-04-2014, 09:55 PM

Why would he bottle it? What benefit would there be to the guy not playing?

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 09:57 PM
So his team mates are accusing him of faking an injury?

That's a concern.

Too many of them have plenty to say off the park. They hide when on it though.

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Why would he bottle it? What benefit would there be to the guy not playing?

I'm only passing on what someone told me. It was maybe in anger and possibly untrue.

Surely to god he wouldn't chuck it?!

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:59 PM
That's a concern.

Sadly true.

truehibernian
07-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Maybe the Venga Bus was more appealing. Shame Liam Craig and Cairney didn't join him.

Ganting the lot of them - a clapped out skip on wheels suits them. Matches their ability as footballers.

Dirkster23
07-04-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm only passing on what someone told me. It was maybe in anger and possibly untrue.

Maybe you should think twice about posting rumours like this,especially if you think it was possibly said in anger. We're a struggling team that needs to find at least one more win. Last thing we need is a player being labelled as a bottler when he may have a genuine injury.

oconnors_strip
07-04-2014, 10:25 PM
I watched heff take a shot in the warm up and straight away I knew he was in some sort of pain with his thigh/groin. He walked straight off the pitch

Jonnyboy
07-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I watched heff take a shot in the warm up and straight away I knew he was in some sort of pain with his thigh/groin. He walked straight off the pitch

Yep, I saw that too N :agree:

Borderhibbie76
07-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Didnt fancy chasing hoofs from Nelson, McGivern and Captain Craig all night and who can blame him. I honestly feel sorry for James Collins...yup he isnt great but Ronaldo wiuld struggle with the service in this team...depressing stuff

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Anyone know how serious it is/how long he will be out for?

Hermit Crab
12-04-2014, 07:16 PM
He bottled it.

I said that to my old man at the time. :agree:

Hermit Crab
12-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Maybe you should think twice about posting rumours like this,especially if you think it was possibly said in anger. We're a struggling team that needs to find at least one more win. Last thing we need is a player being labelled as a bottler when he may have a genuine injury.

Cst at has good sources, don't jump down his throat or any info may not be passed on in the future.

nribs
12-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Bottled it??? I have heard some keek on here but that haha. Nonsense!!!

sleeping giant
12-04-2014, 07:26 PM

Indeed. Very strange :confused:

Bottled it from what ?

Diclonius
12-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Surely a professional football player in this day and age wouldn't fake an injury because he's afraid of playing?

nribs
12-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Cst at has good sources, don't jump down his throat or any info may not be passed on in the future.

Personaly this isnt the info I'd like seeing passes on anyway

Brooster
12-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Surely a professional football player in this day and age wouldn't fake an injury because he's afraid of playing?

Tim Clancy faked injury on numerous occasions. I would be surprised if Heffernan faked though. .....and disappointed.

Dirkster23
12-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Where did i jump down his throat? I suggested he should maybe think twice about posting stuff that he's already confirmed may have been said in anger and untrue. Why should Heff be labelled as a bottler when it appears he was genuinely injured?

One Day
12-04-2014, 09:21 PM

I agree, Would have thought that he would be dying to get 90 minutes to show what he can do

weonlywon6-2
12-04-2014, 09:35 PM
i would be stunned if this were true

FranckSuzy
12-04-2014, 09:50 PM

You really are stunned :greengrin

Mr White
12-04-2014, 10:01 PM
You really are stunned :greengrin

He should have seen it coming the second time :greengrin

silverhibee
12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Is he out for the rest of the season, i heard that today.

Thecat23
12-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Where did i jump down his throat? I suggested he should maybe think twice about posting stuff that he's already confirmed may have been said in anger and untrue. Why should Heff be labelled as a bottler when it appears he was genuinely injured?

Sorry guys it seems it was said in anger. Silver to be fair Prob shouldn't have posted so soon after a game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Is he out for the rest of the season, i heard that today.

Very bad news if true.

sleeping giant
12-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Sorry guys it seems it was said in anger. Silver to be fair Prob shouldn't have posted so soon after a game.

What does that mean then TC ? Did he bottle it or not ? You made out you knew he did !
Did you make this out through anger ?

You need to clarify your intentions .

Pete
12-04-2014, 11:03 PM
How can you bottle starting a league match?

:confused:

Franck Stanton
12-04-2014, 11:14 PM
Both Heffernan and Collins are "Penalty-box" players. By that I mean that IF the ball is played into the box they can/will finish it. As we don't appear to have the type of player in the team to deliver any quality crosses/ through balls, then what's the point in either of them playing ? Point I am trying to make , [badly] is, the fact are not scoring goals is not ENTIRELY down to whatever striker happens to be playing. Having said that, I don't think any professional player would feign injury during the warm-up.

Dashing Bob S
12-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Sadly Heff seems to have entered the stage of his career where straining to do a good ***** will put him on the injured list for months. A shame, but doubt he'll be in Tel's plans for next season.

matty_f
12-04-2014, 11:20 PM
That's a concern.

:top marks:

Thecat23
13-04-2014, 05:39 AM
What does that mean then TC ? Did he bottle it or not ? You made out you knew he did !
Did you make this out through anger ?

You need to clarify your intentions .

When I asked the player again he said he was just pissed off with the team and it was tongue in cheek.

Brooster
13-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Some serious back tracking going on now.

Arch Stanton
13-04-2014, 07:23 AM

Yea but how did these sources know he wasn't injured - were they doctors? Or maybe they saw him do cartwheels after the match?

Sources or not, I just wouldn't swallow that. More believable is that it was just a malicious comment.

Aldo
13-04-2014, 07:31 AM
If Heff is now injured he may not play for us again.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2014, 07:36 AM
If Heff is now injured he may not play for us again.

Aldo, he's got another year on his deal

Aldo
13-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Aldo, he's got another year on his deal

I know Billy. I just think he'll be on his way come the end of the season.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I know Billy. I just think he'll be on his way come the end of the season.

I don't disagree that he needs to move on, just who will take him

Aldo
13-04-2014, 07:50 AM

I know. No doubting his finishing abilities but he's not going to be able to run run and run like Collins does if TB persists playing one up top.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2014, 07:52 AM
I know. No doubting his finishing abilities but he's not going to be able to run run and run like Collins does if TB persists playing one up top.

And the way it looks, he may be the only one left in the Vengabus

Aldo
13-04-2014, 07:55 AM
And the way it looks, he may be the only one left in the Vengabus

Ha ha. Indeed he maybe!!

oneone73
13-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Yea but how did these sources know he wasn't injured - were they doctors? Or maybe they saw him do cartwheels after the match?

Sources or not, I just wouldn't swallow that. More believable is that it was just a malicious comment.
It's also likely to be defamatory. I'd remove it.

Golden Bear
13-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Some things are best left unsaid and I'll leave it at that.

Thecat23
13-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Some serious back tracking going on now.

By me?!

Thecat23
13-04-2014, 09:37 AM
Some things are best left unsaid and I'll leave it at that.

Yeah looks like it eh!

Diclonius
13-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Tim Clancy faked injury on numerous occasions.

Since when? First I've heard of this!

silverhibee
13-04-2014, 02:41 PM

Since we got him for nothing then there is the chance the club will let him go for free in the summer, maybe a return to Killie for him, but as you say who will take him and pay him the same wedge as Hibs, had high hopes for him but it has just not worked and he seems to be a tad injury prone but we knew that when we signed him.

weonlywon6-2
13-04-2014, 02:52 PM
id keep him,in a confident team he will score for fun

Billy Whizz
13-04-2014, 03:23 PM

He'll be 33 in December. Made only 18 appearances this season due to injury. Do you think he'll play more next season?

JimBHibees
13-04-2014, 03:34 PM

Honestly think this sort of chat doesnt help at all especially in the predicament we are currently in.

J-C
13-04-2014, 04:20 PM

Doesn't have the pace or stamina to play Butcher's hoofball into the corners

weonlywon6-2
13-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Doesn't have the pace or stamina to play Butcher's hoofball into the corners

he can just wait in the box for the cross then !!

lord bunberry
13-04-2014, 05:56 PM
he can just wait in the box for the cross then !!

I think he would have to be the one chasing the hoof down into the corners.

Pete
13-04-2014, 06:12 PM
I think the pacey midfielders will be the ones chasing the balls that are intelligently knocked into space. The idea is that people like Heffernan will be on the end of their crosses or passes.

"hoofing into corners" is a rather disrespectful way of describing the way Butcher wants to play. If people can get on the end of balls and hit the byeline then bring it on.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Joe McBride Senior was 30 when he joined us, had no pace to talk of and picked up a few injuries in his time. Not saying Heffernan is anything like as good as him but they are bothy penalty box strikers and will score goals given a run in the team. He has to be one of a pair though, not the lone striker

Viva_Palmeiras
13-04-2014, 07:36 PM
I think the pacey midfielders will be the ones chasing the balls that are intelligently knocked into space. The idea is that people like Heffernan will be on the end of their crosses or passes.

"hoofing into corners" is a rather disrespectful way of describing the way Butcher wants to play. If people can get on the end of balls and hit the byeline then bring it on.

Cant remember when we consistently last hit the bye-line!? Always a tendency to cross
early into the box - we've become infuriatingly predictable and even crap at that by and large.

J-C
13-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Cant remember when we consistently last hit the bye-line!? Always a tendency to cross
early into the box - we've become infuriatingly predictable and even crap at that by and large.

Doesn't help when the 2 wingers with pace we have continually cut inside with every run, not once did they hit the by line.

Seveno
13-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Joe McBride Senior was 30 when he joined us, had no pace to talk of and picked up a few injuries in his time. Not saying Heffernan is anything like as good as him but they are bothy penalty box strikers and will score goals given a run in the team. He has to be one of a pair though, not the lone striker

If I remember correctly, Joe scored a hat-trick on his debut. As did Colin Stein for the now defunct Rangers.

trev the hat
13-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Joe McBride Senior was 30 when he joined us, had no pace to talk of and picked up a few injuries in his time.

Can't see Heff banging 2 euro hatricks JB :-)

trev the hat
13-04-2014, 09:13 PM
If I remember correctly, Joe scored a hat-trick on his debut.

1 against oldco on his debut, 3 against Loco Leipzig in his 2nd & 4 against Morton in his 3rd game.

Jonnyboy
13-04-2014, 09:18 PM
If I remember correctly, Joe scored a hat-trick on his debut. As did Colin Stein for the now defunct Rangers.

Can't see Heff banging 2 euro hatricks JB :-)

1 against oldco on his debut, 3 against Loco Leipzig in his 2nd & 4 against Morton in his 3rd game.

Like I said, Heff is nowhere near as good :greengrin Make chances though and he'll take them

Bronson
16-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Just as it says on the tin really, tore a groin muscle warming up for the Aberdeen game http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-mcpake-and-robertson-on-way-back-heffernan-season-over-1-3378080

Boyle89
16-04-2014, 01:59 PM
This is NOT what we needed right now.

Spike Mandela
16-04-2014, 02:00 PM
How long was his contract? Hasn't made much of an impact here so guess he should be looking for a new team next season.

oneone73
16-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Just as it says on the tin really, tore a groin muscle warming up for the Aberdeen game http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-mcpake-and-robertson-on-way-back-heffernan-season-over-1-3378080

He didn't bottle it then ... any apologies coming?

Bishop Hibee
16-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Bad news. We've been unlucky with injuries to key players this season.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-04-2014, 02:11 PM
How long was his contract? Hasn't made much of an impact here so guess he should be looking for a new team next season.

Signed a 2 year deal. Contract expires end of next season.

Beefster
16-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Maybe he can give them a copy of an MRI scan to convince them?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-04-2014, 02:12 PM
There goes our hope of any goals out the window.

Waxy
16-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Bad news day

jakeshibs
16-04-2014, 03:00 PM
This is a really bad day....

SteveHFC
16-04-2014, 03:11 PM
There goes our hope of any goals out the window.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/yfAeMtcURg0/hqdefault.jpg

Don't worry James Colliins is sure he can shoot struggling Hibs to Premiership safety by adding to his six league goals in the bottom-six fixtures. :wink:

Ronniekirk
16-04-2014, 03:13 PM
This is a really bad day....
Yep Killie played a blinder getting Boyd and we were the mugs that took on a two year contract and someone wrong side of 30 so injuries more likely especially as butcher wants pace and he doesn't have it naturally so probably worked to hard in training with inevitable consequence . Don't see him being in first team next season so need to get him fit to move him on and cut losses