PDA

View Full Version : Favourites for relegation?

Simkin911
07-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Hearts I would predict. Or maybe I'm too late for the prediction. However, listening to commentators you'd think we're more likely than others to be 'relegated' - ignoring even a play off. Last time I checked the league table, we're still best of the worst. I'd rather be in our position than any other in the bottom six.

Even under Fenlon we had a good finish in the bottom six last season.... Big games ahead but we're capable of improving and really can't get worse.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Hearts I would predict. Or maybe I'm too late for the prediction. However, listening to commentators you'd think we're more likely than others to be 'relegated' - ignoring even a play off. Last time I checked the league table, we're still best of the worst. I'd rather be in our position than any other in the bottom six.

Even under Fenlon we had a good finish in the bottom six last season.... Big games ahead but we're capable of improving and really can't get worse.

Blind optimism not run out yet then, we are not favourites for the playoff but on current form are the worst team in the league, I certainly expect us to take less points from the remaining games than anyone else, will that be enough to keep us up? We'll have to wait & see.

The_Todd
07-04-2014, 09:01 PM
On recent form we're worst of the bunch, including Hearts. We've scored the fewest number of goals in the whole division too. It's going to be tight.

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm gonna put some money on us to go down, if it happens it will soften the blow!
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
2. Can't win away from home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
7. On the wrong end of dodgy refereeing decisions
8. Defensive formation
9. Relying on youth to get us through
10. Not playing our best team Thomson is head and shoulders above Craig!

Have I missed anything?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:09 PM
It's hilarious how **** we actually are:hilarious

Simkin911
07-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm gonna put some money on us to go down, if it happens it will soften the blow!
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
8. Defensive formation

Have I missed anything?

If you've been watching Hibs for many years which I am sure you have then none of the above actually represents some new phenomenon. No blind optimism here but we're capable of a) improving, and b) getting a few breaks.

Steve20
07-04-2014, 09:16 PM
We're the worst team of the five in the battle to avoid 11th.

We won't win again this season.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-04-2014, 09:16 PM
We are truly awful!

You will get very short odds now, admit I did same few weeks ago, a place in the playoff would pay for my family summer holiday, but I'd much rather it didn't happen.

seanshow
07-04-2014, 09:20 PM
You bet on us to get relegated :confused:

maximushibee
07-04-2014, 09:23 PM
If you've been watching Hibs for many years which I am sure you have then none of the above actually represents some new phenomenon. No blind optimism here but we're capable of a) improving, and b) getting a few breaks.

Dude we have been trying to improve since the bygone days of the mowbary era and on this evidence we still show no sign of improving. Not with this team anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobo
07-04-2014, 09:24 PM
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
8. Defensive formation

Have I missed anything?

11. Clueless diddy of a manager who is well out his depth

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 09:24 PM
You will get very short odds now, admit I did same few weeks ago, a place in the playoff would pay for my family summer holiday, but I'd much rather it didn't happen.

Agreed I was thinking more like £25 on us to finish 11th at possibly 3-1 = £75 to get pissed in the pub trying to work out how we have ended up in this position.
If we finish 10th and above then happy days it's only £25 lost

Hail Hail

john18722
07-04-2014, 09:25 PM

Whats odds did you get a few weeks ago? I saw Bet Victor doing 8/1 tonight (best available).

Bostonhibby
07-04-2014, 09:26 PM
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
8. Defensive formation

Have I missed anything?

Ryan McGivern?

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 09:26 PM

It's amazing what a few months have done to our squad! The team we have is the same team that easily beat Killie, County and Hearts over Xmas and was unlucky not to get all three points v ten man St Johnstone.

stevejordan
07-04-2014, 09:27 PM

agreed we wont win but if we can draw we have a chance

lucky
07-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I think favourites to finished 11th but not sure even we will ****ed up against a championship side. We are the worst team in the league

SouthamptonHibs
You bet on us to get relegated :confused:

Not yet, but ask me that on Sat afternoon. I'll be putting a small bet on us finishing 11th if the odds are around 3-1. Hoping it's not a winner

Borderhibbie76

Please stop repeating this nonsense...we ARE imo favourites fir the play off...I've been at our last 4 matches...all heavy defeats and we r DIRE mate. All tge others are picking up points...we cant even get a shot on target ffs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hibercelona
07-04-2014, 09:36 PM
If we don't find a cutting edge in the next couple of games, then we'll be hanging off the edge of the cliff by our pinky.

It not an option anymore. Butcher has to gamble now and throw a few more youngsters in there. I know it may not seem fair to lump that amount of pressure on young laddies, but any change has to be better than this. Because the morale of our main squad is completely shot. We need a few fresh minds in there to shake things up a bit, there is no other option now.

Hibbyradge
07-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Hibs were 8/1 to finish 11th before tonight's game.

Now 6/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/to-finish-bottom-w-o-hearts

emerald green
07-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Worst team in the league without a doubt. A shambles - as a team they can't defend, no bite or guile in midfield, and toothless up front. I left long before the end cos I couldn't stand it any longer. I had posted several times that all Hibs fans should go tonight and support the team. Well, to be honest, after that they don't deserve our support. Hibs supporters have been taken for mugs for far too long, and I know of long standing supporters who are now turning their back on the club they have supported all their lives. Enough is enough. I honestly wish I hadn't renewed my season ticket now. The thought of watching that for another season just depresses me. Hibs are a laughing stock now. It's all very well laughing at the state of HOMFC(IA) but we could be joining them downstairs pretty soon. Farmer and Petrie should go, but the problem then of course is who would want to take this club on?

greenpaper55
07-04-2014, 09:49 PM
If we don't find a cutting edge in the next couple of games, then we'll be hanging off the edge of the cliff by our pinky.

It not an option anymore. Butcher has to gamble now and throw a few more youngsters in there. I know it may not seem fair to lump that amount of pressure on young laddies, but any change has to be better than this. Because the morale of our main squad is completely shot. We need a few fresh minds in there to shake things up a bit, there is no other option now.
For me i would be playing our most experienced players in the next five games, Thompson and Jones must come into midfield and Maybury in at right back with Heffernan up front. These are not the type of games for the young players who look shellshocked by what is going on.

green day
07-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Not favs according to bookies, not by a long way.

Do they usually chuck away cash?

And, yes, they do look at form......its their job

Nakedmanoncrack
08-04-2014, 03:16 AM
Whats odds did you get a few weeks ago? I saw Bet Victor doing 8/1 tonight (best available).

16/1, were Down to 12/1 before Derby when I put some more winnings on.

Spike Mandela
08-04-2014, 04:19 AM
None of the fans of other teams will be very confident either. Every team in the bottom six have had **** seasons and their managers have been getting criticised in all quarters.

We can't seem to keep a clean sheet at the moment and have the worst goals scored but at least we have 3 home games. We are 4 points off 11th. Robertson will be welcomed back. Two weeks to lick our wounds and come out fighting.

Hearts will be up for it against us but not sure how motivated they will be against other teams. Other teams have goalsores like Boyd and Thomson we don't. St Mirren have just had a morale boosting win and others do seem to be scrapping for results. Injuries and suspensions are robbing us of vital players at a key time and confidence needs a boost.

Arse tweaking time for us but it's still in our own hands. What a crappy season.:rolleyes:

heretoday
08-04-2014, 06:47 AM
Partick must be pretty terrible to lose 4-2 at home to Hearts. There is hope!

IWasThere2016
08-04-2014, 06:48 AM
The finale - post finishing 11th - will be a play-off defeat to RatBoy Hartley and Dundee! Add the Arabs winning the SC, and I'll need to emigrate!! ****in shambles..

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 06:58 AM

They've done pretty well against us this season despite us stealing the three points undeservedly at Firhill! :agree:

They are a better team that a 4-2 defeat to a Hearts team fighting "death by relegation" in a much more determined way than our team and management are doing IMO! :confused:

rubber mal
08-04-2014, 07:01 AM

I think we will.:wink:

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 07:05 AM

Who will we beat, who will score our goals and how will we keep a clean sheet ourselves!? :confused:

Oh aye, and while you are at it, can you post the Lottery numbers for the coming weekend please? :greengrin

Aldo
08-04-2014, 07:07 AM
We won't finish 11th. I think we will be ok. We are crap right enough but really don't think we will be in play off

The Hibee Harp
08-04-2014, 07:13 AM
We won't finish 11th. I think we will be ok. We are crap right enough but really don't think we will be in play off

Got to agree. We are certainly capable of dropping into the play-off slot but I can't see us being overtaken by all four teams.

Aldo
08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
Got to agree. We are certainly capable of dropping into the play-off slot but I can't see us being overtaken by all four teams.

I just don't either. Yes we are woeful/terrible but why are the other teams in the position they are in??

Jim44
08-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Worst team in the league without a doubt. A shambles - as a team they can't defend, no bite or guile in midfield, and toothless up front. I left long before the end cos I couldn't stand it any longer. I had posted several times that all Hibs fans should go tonight and support the team. Well, to be honest, after that they don't deserve our support. Hibs supporters have been taken for mugs for far too long, and I know of long standing supporters who are now turning their back on the club they have supported all their lives. Enough is enough. I honestly wish I hadn't renewed my season ticket now. The thought of watching that for another season just depresses me. Hibs are a laughing stock now. It's all very well laughing at the state of HOMFC(IA) but we could be joining them downstairs pretty soon. Farmer and Petrie should go, but the problem then of course is who would want to take this club on?

At the moment, they are streets ahead of us as a football team and if, as is likely, we go down, we will struggle to compete with Rangers and them, not to mention the other championship teams. By the way, I don't want B&M to get off the hook lightly by slipping away now. I want to be see them take full responsibility for our demise.

Hedlund12
08-04-2014, 07:24 AM

Partick may be terrible but they beat us 3-1 a few weeks ago... worrying times ahead. I'd written off this season a few weeks ago but I didn't honestly think we'd reach play off position. Now I'm fearing the worst. On current form we'll be joining our city rivals.
Us - as a team who have lost more than we've won v a team in the top four of the championship who've won more than they lost....Unfortunately I wouldn't fancy our chances. 😕

Ronniekirk
08-04-2014, 07:28 AM
It's amazing what a few months have done to our squad! The team we have is the same team that easily beat Killie, County and Hearts over Xmas and was unlucky not to get all three points v ten man St Johnstone.
Yep baffling what's happened and it has to be down to TB s man management ,inability to pick right team and motivate them Even the Motherwell home and Inverness and Killie away weren't that long ago and were decent performances.
will Hayes and Robertson and a young full back and Watmore staring be enough to contain st midden who I think will go for it with Wilde on one flank and teale on other,Thompson as striker will use his experience .they will be confident and we will be bricking it .But bottom six is different now as pressure is all on st midden to win or gap stays the same .

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
I just don't either. Yes we are woeful/terrible but why are the other teams in the position they are in??

One win against us puts most (but one) level with us on points so it's really not as clear cut as you suggest bearing in mind our results over our last 15 or so matches IMO! :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
08-04-2014, 07:39 AM
You can't ignore form which on a long poor run not scoring and conceding only ends up with one outcome as we saw for fourth game running last night and that is defeat .yes bottom six post split brings other pressures on all teams but just mow we seem least equipped to deal with it in a positive way .the last time we played thistle and st midden they both scored three against us .Thistle might not handle pressure and if body's goals dry up Killie might not fare to well but if we loose that first game at st midden pressure is on us for derby and do you see us doing anything in that one ,they will want to do us again .
We are right in it Aldo ,make no mistake but next two games and other results will tell us a lot . But we are hoping more than believing and not sure players believe they can win now ,it's not a nice time being a Hibby right now .

Aldo
08-04-2014, 07:44 AM
One win against us puts most (but one) level with us on points so it's really not as clear cut as you suggest bearing in mind our results over our last 15 or so matches IMO! :rolleyes:

I don't think it is clear cut (maybe wrong wording) but I think we will be ok. It will be tight.

You can't ignore form which on a long poor run not scoring and conceding only ends up with one outcome as we saw for fourth game running last night and that is defeat .yes bottom six post split brings other pressures on all teams but just mow we seem least equipped to deal with it in a positive way .the last time we played thistle and st midden they both scored three against us .Thistle might not handle pressure and if body's goals dry up Killie might not fare to well but if we loose that first game at st midden pressure is on us for derby and do you see us doing anything in that one ,they will want to do us again . We are right in it Aldo ,make no mistake but next two games and other results will tell us a lot . But we are hoping more than believing and not sure players believe they can win now ,it's not a nice time being a Hibby right now .

Ronnie well aware of form mate. There is pressure on these other teams as well and they will see us as potentially easy pickings, especially at home.

I still think we will be ok (trying to be optimistic in times of need)

PS game against Saints, the biggest if the season for us. Will go a long way to our future

Hibernia Na Eir
08-04-2014, 08:02 AM
In many ways, this current side are worse than Pat Fenlons. You can't argue that.

BSEJVT
08-04-2014, 08:18 AM
I think we are unquestionably favourites to get the play off spot.

There is nothing, nothing about this team to give any optimism

Secure Goalie - Nope, really poorly positioned at first

Mean defence - Nope, they are soft as ****, slow as a week in Jail, cant track a runner and cant tackle

Hard Tackling Creative midfield - aye right

Prolific goalscorer who can score from anywhere - There isn't one in the club - lowest scorers in the league

Strength in depth - No

Tactical Managerial genius - nope

Playing for the jersey - that lot?

There are absolutely no grounds for optimism

Every one of the clubs we are up against have at least one of the above.

Benny Brazil
08-04-2014, 08:24 AM
It's hilarious how **** we actually are:hilarious

Sorry but there is nothing funny about watching that Hibs team. Nothing funny about the situation we are in. Nothing in funny in the fact that Butcher has actually made us worse than under Fenlon.

NorthNorfolkHFC
08-04-2014, 08:45 AM
I backed Aberdeen last night, first time I've done that.

Doubled my money. Hibs are 9/1 for a playoff spot, I've taken that as well. I'm ashamed.

"That was classic intercourse!"

rubber mal
08-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Who will we beat, who will score our goals and how will we keep a clean sheet ourselves!? :confused:

Oh aye, and while you are at it, can you post the Lottery numbers for the coming weekend please? :greengrin

We'll beat Ross County. The management team are taking a lot of stick right now but their record of three wins out of three against Ross County cannot be denied and is envied by many other clubs. Our goals will most probably be scored by our centre halves and the clean sheet will be achieved by not conceding any goals. :agree:

Lottery numbers: 1, 8, 7, 5, 0 and 7 again.

TornadoHibby
08-04-2014, 03:35 PM
We'll beat Ross County. The management team are taking a lot of stick right now but their record of three wins out of three against Ross County cannot be denied and is envied by many other clubs. Our goals will most probably be scored by our centre halves and the clean sheet will be achieved by not conceding any goals. :agree:

Aye right! :greengrin :wink:

stevejordan
08-04-2014, 03:44 PM

cant see it DA Hates us and if he gets the opportunity to beat us that puts us into or almost in the play offs he will have his players well fired up for that match i still think Partick at home is our key game.

eastterrace
08-04-2014, 07:17 PM
cant see it DA Hates us and if he gets the opportunity to beat us that puts us into or almost in the play offs he will have his players well fired up for that match i still think Partick at home is our key game.

yes agree the partick game is the one we cant lose if we do then we will finish in the 11th spot imo but win that one then just about be safe.

Itsnoteasy
08-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Agreed I was thinking more like £25 on us to finish 11th at possibly 3-1 = £75 to get pissed in the pub trying to work out how we have ended up in this position.
If we finish 10th and above then happy days it's only £25 lost

Hail Hail

You will get 6/1 Hibs to finish bottom minus Hertz.

leggeto
08-04-2014, 10:05 PM
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
8. Defensive formation

Have I missed anything?

yes we scored last week,only the linesman dosnae like us

Sir David Gray
08-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Can't believe there's people admitting publicly that they've bet on Hibs to be relegated.

Unreal.

I would get absolutely no pleasure at all out of collecting my winnings from that one.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Can't believe there's people admitting publicly that they've bet on Hibs to be relegated.

Unreal.

I would get absolutely no pleasure at all out of collecting my winnings from that one.

Who says any of us will get pleasure from uplifting any winnings?

clerriehibs
09-04-2014, 10:35 PM

Why bet then???

Hank Schrader
09-04-2014, 10:41 PM

Steve's a glass half empty type of guy though :greengrin

Have to say I share his sentiments on this occasion. I just hope the team can find some sort of form and pull a win out the bag from somewhere.

Ronniekirk
09-04-2014, 10:43 PM
It will be the delayed gratification of what you spend the winnings on that will derive the most pleasure:wink:

Sir David Gray
10-04-2014, 08:44 PM

What other reason would you have for betting on your own team to lose?

Itsnoteasy
10-04-2014, 08:50 PM
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
8. Defensive formation

Have I missed anything?
9. Relying on youth to get us through. Beginning to sound like hertz.

Itsnoteasy
10-04-2014, 09:09 PM
We are truly awful!

1. Can't win at home
3. Can't score goals
4. Don't create chances
5. Confidence is low
6. Not getting any luck
8. Defensive formation

Have I missed anything?

9. Relying on youth to get us through. Only 2 youth players started our last match. Harris & Stanton

H18Y GW
11-04-2014, 05:48 AM
If we beat Partick on current standings they will need to win three games out of four to catch us which would undoubtedly send AN other team to the playoffs..

I know where I'd rather be in the league and although we're not great ,neither are they..

Hearts will win a few as there mentality now is to add the 15 points and prove they would have stayed up

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2014, 03:20 PM
What other reason would you have for betting on your own team to lose?

I backed Aberdeen and Spurs in a double on Monday night, and all through watching the game i wanted us to **** my bet up. When the inevitable result came in i was happy my bank balance was up, but unhappy we'd lost.

I have backed against Hibs and on Hibs in the past, i wouldn't take the relegation bet, as i don't think the price is right.

Betting is not about using your heart, its about using your brain.

My_Wife_Camille
11-04-2014, 03:51 PM
I backed Aberdeen and Spurs in a double on Monday night, and all through watching the game i wanted us to **** my bet up. When the inevitable result came in i was happy my bank balance was up, but unhappy we'd lost.

I have backed against Hibs and on Hibs in the past, i wouldn't take the relegation bet, as i don't think the price is right.

Correct, which is why a true Hibs supporter would use his brain and not bet against his own team. IMO

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 02:16 PM

That's exactly the point I was making.

Betting against Hibs is done because you think you are going to win some money and that gives you pleasure.

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2014, 02:25 PM

Betting against Hibs is done because you think you are going to win some money and that gives you pleasure.

Not really, i took no pleasure in Hibs losing. Winning money is always good but i took no pleasure in winning this bet.

HoboHarry
12-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Not really, i took no pleasure in Hibs losing. Winning money is always good but i took no pleasure in winning this bet.
I'm quite sure you felt equally distraught when you told us all about it too..........

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I'm quite sure you felt equally distraught when you told us all about it too..........

Distraught. :faf:

GreenLake
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM

If you have a history of losing bets then betting against Hibs winning would not be because you want to win money but rather that you would be happy to lose money and increase the odds of Hibs winning.

Sir David Gray
12-04-2014, 02:47 PM

I don't get that at all but fair enough.

I don't understand betting against your own team and never will.

Maybe that's why I don't gamble.

HoboHarry
12-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Distraught. :faf:
Brilliant response. Really, I mean it............ :rolleyes:

ekhibee
12-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I do bet regularly on horses and football but don't touch Hibs games. Even when it was tempting to back them I didn't. They're the most erratic and frustrating team to back over a number of years, and I certainly wouldn't back any team playing against them. I admit I have occasionally backed Hearts to win the odd game or two and it's paid off.

blackpoolhibs
12-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Brilliant response. Really, I mean it............ :rolleyes:

No problem, glad you enjoyed it.