PDA

View Full Version : Striker/Where are the goals coming from (Merged)

QMU-1875
07-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Find a free agent asap and get him signed, not one goal scorer at this club. Il give Collins his dues he is a workhorse but he is never in any of the positions a striker should be and when given chances he can't take them, he needs a goalscorer beside him, one with pace. We are going down bunch of impostors and a disgrace to this club.

The Sea-gull
07-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Find a free agent asap and get him signed, not one goal scorer at this club. Il give Collins his dues he is a workhorse but he is never in any of the positions a striker should be and when given chances he can't take them, he needs a goalscorer beside him, one with pace. We are going down bunch of impostors and a disgrace to this club.

Don't think you can sign free agents any more? 31st March the deadline?

Mikey
07-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Did we force Langfield into a save at all? I don't remember one.

In fact, other than Forster's "goal", did we have anything on target a week past Sunday either?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:18 PM

In fact, other than Forster's "goal", did we have anything on target a week past Sunday either?

Nope. Not a shot on target tonight... Embarrassing!

Onceinawhile
07-04-2014, 09:18 PM

No saves from Langfield at all.

Macdonald had to save a 20 yard shot straight at him from Harris. That's it though.

We need two up top. Yesterday.

DH1875
07-04-2014, 09:24 PM

We need more than one.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:24 PM
As it says, we need to win matches but how can we if we don't look capable of scoring a goal? I really do fear for us.

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:32 PM
I backed Butcher from the start and I still do but... He's made some horrific mistakes. His team selections are baffling me. 4-5-1 at home and 1-0 down yet nothing changed. Collins (another I backed) was rotten can win a header if his life depended on it. But tonight he has ZERO support. We never tested their keeper once.

MM should learn to shut his trap as well and instead of telling the fans to "shut the **** up" he needs to get a grip of his coaching style.

TB and MM were overwhelming winners when asked who we wanted. But something is deeply wrong guys at this club. How can we be so soulless? Liam Craig a captain? LIAM ****ING CRAIG!!! He's nothing short of a coward. Wee Lewis constantly gets ripped on here but by god that boy has more heart than everyone on that park tonight. Give him the captaincy and get these ****ing impostors out of Hibs. Sick of this I'm sick of failure and failure each season.

Enough is enough now! They are a bunch of losers who don't care.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:33 PM
I backed Butcher from the start and I still do but... He's made some horrific mistakes. His team selections are baffling me. 4-5-1 at home and 1-0 down yet nothing changed. Collins (another I backed) was rotten can win a header if his life depended on it. But tonight he has ZERO support. We never tested their keeper once.

MM should learn to shut his trap as well and instead of telling the fans to "shut the **** up" he needs to get a grip of his coaching style.

TB and MM were overwhelming winners when asked who we wanted. But something is deeply wrong guys at this club. How can we be so soulless? Liam Craig a captain? LIAM ****ING CRAIG!!! He's nothing short of a coward. Wee Lewis constantly gets ripped on here but by god that boy has more heart than everyone on that park tonight. Give him the captaincy and get these ****ing impostors out of Hibs. Sick of this I'm sick of failure and failure each season.

Did MM actually say that? Lewis Stevenson for captain:agree:

Thecat23
07-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Did MM actually say that? Lewis Stevenson for captain:agree:

Yes 100% I sit right behind the home dugout and he turned to the guys who sit to the right of the dugout and shouted it. At least 5 of us heard it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Yes 100% I sit right behind the home dugout and he turned to the guys who sit to the right of the dugout and shouted it. At least 5 of us heard it.

Jeez. What did he say that for like?

Hibstrooper
07-04-2014, 09:41 PM

I hope folk were giving them pelters for sticking with one up top the whole game and and making pointless subs right at the death!

hibbydog
07-04-2014, 09:52 PM
MM should learn to shut his trap as well and instead of telling the fans to "shut the **** up" he needs to get a grip of his coaching

Arguing with fans was the start if the end for Bobby Williamson. Sadly that's not where the similarities end.

Hibs are worse than *****e. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't score. Never looked like scoring. Soft as ***** at the back, nae pace, nae quality, no technique, can't pass a ball to a Hibs player.

Particularly bad in all areas.

We desperately need a couple of wins from the next 5 games. I can't even see us scoring.

Shecht!!!!

gegs70
07-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I hope folk were giving them pelters for sticking with one up top the whole game and and making pointless subs right at the death!

It just wasn't working and Collins has not got a clue playing up front on his own. Cairnié and Harris looked lost too

Sir David Gray
07-04-2014, 11:06 PM
We've had six shots on target in the past five games (scoring once) and only 1 shot on target in our past three games (scoring none).

Utterly pathetic.

Cropley10
07-04-2014, 11:14 PM
We've had six shots on target in the past five games (scoring once) and only 1 shot on target in our past three games (scoring none).

Utterly pathetic.

And yet still James Collins plays. Bizarre

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 11:16 PM
I think for our next game Ladbrokes and Co will prob have the full St Mirren starting line up including the goalie at lower prices to score the first goal than our entire forward line, our prices might look like this
1. Haynes 250-1
2. Heff 250-1
3. Handling 275-1
4. Cummings 300-1
5. Zoubir 500-1
6. Collins = put a £1 on get a four bedroom house at Ravelston

Hail Hail

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 11:18 PM

You have forfeited your right to complain ,you didn't start match thread on Sunday night like you said you would :wink:

Hibercelona
07-04-2014, 11:18 PM
I think for our next game Ladbrokes and Co will prob have the full St Mirren starting line up including the goalie at lower prices to score the first goal than our entire forward line, our prices might look like this
1. Haynes 250-1
2. Heff 250-1
3. Handling 275-1
4. Cummings 300-1
5. Zoubir 500-1

Hail Hail

Hibs to have a shot on target - 1000/1 :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 11:22 PM
And yet still James Collins plays. Bizarre

He scored tonight though. Finished it well - if he had been onside it would've been a really good goal.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2014, 11:23 PM
1. Haynes 250-1
2. Heff 250-1
3. Handling 275-1
4. Cummings 300-1
5. Zoubir 500-1

Hail Hail

:tee hee:

I know I shouldn't have laughed at that but that did make me chuckle!

Cropley10
07-04-2014, 11:26 PM
He scored tonight though. Finished it well - if he had been onside it would've been a really good goal.

Was that the one where he could have got a yellow for playing the ball after the whistle had gone for offside and the defenders had all stopped?

Or did I miss another one ;-)

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Was that the one where he could have got a yellow for playing the ball after the whistle had gone for offside and the defenders had all stopped?

Or did I miss another one ;-)

It would be that one. I'm just basing it on the fact I was told countless times last week that hearts had a goal chopped off last week. Collins one tonight was similar - lobbed Langfield beautifully.

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 11:28 PM

Utterly pathetic.

We are a laughing stock just now ,and T B is embarrassed and his reputation tarnished ,but losing plot with players clearly isn't working ,yet he continues to do it . hearts will call off their Boycott they have nothing to fear coming to play us in fact no one does and that is the problem we have created for ourselves. I don't want to hear another hibs player talking about we aren't too big a club to go down .its like we talk ourselves into situations and it becomes a self fulfilling fallacy ,so they can turn round and say see I told you we could end up in play offs .

Cropley10
07-04-2014, 11:37 PM
It would be that one. I'm just basing it on the fact I was told countless times last week that hearts had a goal chopped off last week. Collins one tonight was similar - lobbed Langfield beautifully.

Exactly! I knew what you meant.

Jones28
08-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Surely the need for goals needs us to play 2 strikers.

FFS butcher, if they're gonna score 2 we need to score 3.

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 12:46 AM

Terry said there seems to be some glass wall the players can't get past at ER, they are struggling to get round it as well.

silverhibee
08-04-2014, 12:52 AM

If he had been on-side he would have missed it, his bottle would have went and he would have blasted it over the bar, the whistle had went before he scored, Collins new that so there was no pressure and he finished it nicely. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
08-04-2014, 12:54 AM
I challenged anyone in the pub to name me a Hibs striker who has had as long a run in the Hibs team as Collins has had and yet be so ineffectual. No one could answer which says it all really.

500miles
08-04-2014, 05:52 AM
I'd get Watmore up top with Collins. Play a couple of wingers, and have a centre midfield with plenty of movement and energy.

............................Williams
....Forster....Nelson.............McGivern...Steve nson
....................Taiwo......Robertson
.....Harris.....................................St anton
...........................Collins
....................Watmore

Watmore can run at players, has pace, and would make a lot of space for James in the box.

Waxy
08-04-2014, 05:57 AM
For me it has to be Collins and Heffernan now. Everyone looks very low in confidence but a win can change that.

GreenCastle
08-04-2014, 06:29 AM
We really have struggled all season with goals - letting Doyle and LG leave and not replacing them was criminal.

Collins is never worth over his fee paid. Vine is where he belongs now. Handling not shown enough. Harris injured most of season. Cairney - in and out of games.

Since Caldwell fell out with TB we also lost him as a goal threat (believe the stories about attitude or not).

Liam Craig is our top scorer (not captain material) but has lost confidence and needs to be in behind a front 2-in the hole.

Robertson brought energy but is injured.

Taiwo - does a job but doesn't score goals.

Cummings energy but in experience and never scored at this level yet.

Heff - our most natural finisher - but needs help and speed around him.

Haynes / Watmore -speed - could do with finding some form now to get us out this disaster.

Aldo
08-04-2014, 07:05 AM
For me it has to be Collins and Heffernan now. Everyone looks very low in confidence but a win can change that.

Heffernan was suppose to start last nite. Do you think he would of put a shift in like Collins...... I don't.

We need to play 2 up top simple as that.

Wether it's Heff and Collins Heff Cummings.

Someone has alluded to playing Watmore up top.

I don't know who but we need to play 2 up top.

The game a week on Sat is by far the biggest game of our season and St Mirren need to win it so there is pressure on them.

I

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Play had stopped as well as their keeper, he didn't try a jot to save it because it was offside. This is the only time Collins will "score".