PDA

View Full Version : Players have chucked it.

Hibs90
07-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Get every single one of them as far away from Easter Road as possible.

scuttle
07-04-2014, 08:43 PM

apart from Lewis Stevenson

Joe6-2
07-04-2014, 08:43 PM

Frightening we need them to turn up to avoid the play offs

truehibernian
07-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Liam Craig - great player - professional hide and seek champion, never a footballer.

Captain of my club - never ever ever in a million years. Shameful Liam, shameful. You were not interested.

Pretty Boy
07-04-2014, 08:46 PM
The thing is in years to come most of them will realise playing for Hibs was 1 of the best chances of their career as they are going nowhere but down from here.

With the exception of 2 or 3 they are a bunch of imposters, has beens and nevergonnabes.

AllyF
07-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I'd put good money on us not scoring another goal this season.

QMU-1875
07-04-2014, 08:48 PM
They are a disgrace to this club. All of the impostors (minus The young lads and Stevenson) must be released at the end of the season. Was going to renew tonight now their is no danger of it until I see who we sign. I'd rather sit in and do hee haw than watch that tragic pish.

Nailrod
07-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Get every single one of them as far away from Easter Road as possible.It's not going to solve the problem.

This season we brought in Robertson, Craig, Heffernan, Tudor-Jones and Vine - all good quality SPL players with a proven track record who were among the best at their former clubs. We added them to what looked like a decent spine of youngsters and experienced players - Williams, Thomson, Stevenson, Hanlan, Forster, Stanton, Harris.

They are now all shadows of their former selves.

Who are we going to bring in that's different from or better than the guys we brought in last time? Using what money? And why is it going to work this time?

Nailrod
07-04-2014, 08:50 PM
The thing is in years to come most of them will realise playing for Hibs was 1 of the best chances of their career as they are going nowhere but down from here.

With the exception of 2 or 3 they are a bunch of imposters, has beens and nevergonnabes.I hate to repeat myself but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

There's something fundamentally rotten at ER and until that problem is solved nothing is going to change.

Albion Hibs
07-04-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't think the players have chucked it but I think they know they have absolutely no threat in a game. That will have been the easiest game that back four have played away from home all season. For the first time in a long time we have absolutely nothing out front, something which we have been fortunate with over recent years.

All that said I do believe that we have a manager that can actually build a team and bring in some decent players. I had no faith in fenlon to do this, but I think butcher can and will have a decent team on the pitch next year, realistically it won't contain many of the faces that turned up tonight.

The Sea-gull
07-04-2014, 08:53 PM

I like Lewis but his admission in the press that he has worried about relegation all season shows a serious flaw in his mentality and possibly that of the squad.

Golden Bear
I hate to repeat my self but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

There's something fundamentally rotten at ER and until that problem is solved nothing is going to change.

I agree with the last paragraph but I've not a clue what the answer is.

Islington Hibs
I hate to repeat my self but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

You are correct. Infrastructure good, foundations rotten. Good players elsewhere fade here. No self confidence, no cohesion and second in every fight. We are in very real trouble.

Nailrod
07-04-2014, 08:55 PM
i like lewis but his admission in the press that he has worried about relegation all season shows a serious flaw in his mentality and possibly that of the squad.ltyf?

truehibernian
If players had the bottle and courage of wee Lewis Stevenson we'd be okay - sadly we are saddled with unfit wasters who prefer coffee clubs and driving to training in sheeeite motors and tweeting.

Lewis and Sam Stanton are the only pass marks tonight. Butcher needs his head examined for playing one up top and for not making changes at 2-0.

Forza Fred
:top marks
I don't think the players have chucked it but I think they know they have absolutely no threat in a game. That will have been the easiest game that back four have played away from home all season. For the first time in a long time we have absolutely nothing out front, something which we have been fortunate with over recent years.

All that said I do believe that we have a manager that can actually build a team and bring in some decent players. I had no faith in fenlon to do this, but I think butcher can and will have a decent team on the pitch next year, realistically it won't contain many of the faces that turned up tonight.

:top marks

very old hibby
young lads apart,there's not a player I'd keep

Dashing Bob S
07-04-2014, 08:57 PM
1. They seem to have no confidence in the system Butcher is trying to play. (Understandable - neither do i.)
2. We still appear to have no real leaders in our team, who will knuckle down and grind out results when it gets ugly.

It is ugly now and 2) suggests that we could be in trouble.

Hibs and Aberdeen have been in a similar crap position for a few seasons. Look at the difference this season and tonight.

hibee_girl
07-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I like Lewis but his admission in the press that he has worried about relegation all season shows a serious flaw in his mentality and possibly that of the squad.

Haven't seen him say that but maybe he's just being honest?

Stevenson, Forster, Stanton and Collins were the only ones out there tonight that I saw giving their all.

Hibercelona
07-04-2014, 08:59 PM
I hate to repeat myself but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

Correct.

I was speaking to a couple of mates (St Johnstone fans) and they're gobsmacked at just how poor Liam Craig is. They said they would take him back in flash though because they know themselves just how good he is capable of playing.

There is definitely something rotten and it's having a drastic effect on players and managers. Until the "real" problems are sorted out, the downward spiral of managerial and player changes will only continue.

The Sea-gull
07-04-2014, 08:59 PM
ltyf?

How about saying what your problem with my post is or if not don't bother with a direct response.

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 09:00 PM

Lewis works hard and cares for Hibs but he is everything that is wrong with us just now! He's just a hard working player Hibs deserve better and we need top 6 players. Lewis would not get in a top 6 teams.
Ps not having pop at Lewis as there are worse players at Easter Road just now

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Liam Craig - great player - professional hide and seek champion, never a footballer.

Captain of my club - never ever ever in a million years. Shameful Liam, shameful. You were not interested.

I'm not particularly fond of slating a player but I have to agree with that wrong man for the job.

SaulGoodman
07-04-2014, 09:01 PM
How about saying what your problem with my post is or if not don't bother with a direct response.

Think he meant Stevenson

One Day Soon
07-04-2014, 09:03 PM
It's not going to solve the problem.

This season we brought in Robertson, Craig, Heffernan, Tudor-Jones and Vine - all good quality SPL players with a proven track record who were among the best at their former clubs. We added them to what looked like a decent spine of youngsters and experienced players - Williams, Thomson, Stevenson, Hanlan, Forster, Stanton, Harris.

They are now all shadows of their former selves.

Who are we going to bring in that's different from or better than the guys we brought in last time? Using what money? And why is it going to work this time?

Just remind me which are the ones with blistering pace? Which are the strikers? Which are the leaders on the park? None of them are and none of them were at their previous clubs.

Butcher has inherited a misshapen and imbalanced squad. The only thing disguising that previously was the glorious, instinctive, gifted footballing daftness of Leigh Griffiths.

This is a crisis made by Pat Fenlon. It is his aircraft that Butcher finds himself flying without engines, wings or landing gear.

Viva_Palmeiras
Lewis works hard and cares for Hibs but he is everything that is wrong with us just now! He's just a hard working player Hibs deserve better and we need top 6 players. Lewis would not get in a top 6 teams.

How can Lewis Stevenson be "everything" that's wrong!? I could only count one missed pass all game.

scuttle

Man of match tonight IMO, what does that say about the rest

Islington Hibs
07-04-2014, 09:04 PM
We were second to everything. With a small number of exceptions, primarily Stanton, Stevenson and perhaps Harris with at least some effort (if not support) from Collins this was another gutless performance with little fluency or determination, Sadly on current form we are certainly in the bottom three in the league and simply do not look like scoring at all. Unless Butcher can instil some confidence immediately there is absolutely no guarantee we will be in the premiership next season.

This is not the time to experiment. We need to play our most experienced players an that must mean Thompson returns. They also need to realise they are fighting for the clubs very survival in the top flight. A win a St Mirren is, to state the bleeding obvious, imperative.

hibee_girl
How can Lewis Stevenson be "everything" that's wrong!? I could only count one missed pass all game.

:agree:

Him and Forster were the only ones trying to drive us forward.

oldbiker
Think Sam Stanton deserves his place, just hope w dont break him

The Sea-gull
07-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Think he meant Stevenson

Ok, don't really get what he was meaning then.

Nailrod
07-04-2014, 09:05 PM
How about saying what your problem with my post is or if not don't bother with a direct response.It was a weak attempt at graveyard humour - you know, the idea that Stevenson, like everybody else on this board who's been worrying about relegation, is a 'yf'.

Hibercelona
07-04-2014, 09:06 PM

Agreed. I think he'd be a strong asset in any SPL team (except Celtic). The problem are the players around him that are not doing enough off the ball to offer him any real options going forward.

The Sea-gull
07-04-2014, 09:06 PM
It was a weak attempt at graveyard humour - you know, the idea that Stevenson, like everybody else on this board who's been worrying about relegation, is a 'yf'.

Ah get you now! Apologies for my response. Whoosh moment.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Of all the hat stand comments that's up there. We talk about the yams putting their heads in the sand. No harm in waking up and smelling the coffee. Tonight was that wake up call. Sadly Hibs know how to contrive to make life difficult for ourselves...

Allan45
07-04-2014, 09:09 PM

I've said this before. Poor simple footballing mistakes. Never a captain, well said:top marks

Onion
07-04-2014, 09:10 PM

:agree: Any team that can do the very basics in defending will fancy their chances against this side. We don;t even look like scoring - zero shots on target tonight, yet again.

jacomo
07-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Tbf to Lewis - and I'm a fan - he's not a general. You need players like him, who'll give what they've got every week and not give the gaffer any trouble, and you also need leaders, people who will demand the best from themselves and others.

Where are they?

The Sea-gull
07-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Of all the hat stand comments that's up there. We talk about the yams putting their heads in the sand. No harm in waking up and smelling the coffee. Tonight was that wake up call. Sadly Hibs know how to contrive to make life difficult for ourselves...

He should not have been worrying about it "all season" though. He should have been looking at getting into the top 6 - just over 2 weeks ago that was still very possible.

Nailrod
07-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Just remind me which are the ones with blistering pace? Harris was once that guy.
Which are the strikers?Heffernan used to score goals
Which are the leaders on the park? At the start of the season I was thinking that Thompson, who has played at a far higher level than any of his team mates, might be that man...

But hey. Let's bin them all and start again with much better players. It works every time.

Onion
07-04-2014, 09:13 PM

:top marks Absolutely right. LS was one of the few players tonight who appeared to give a toss, and played ok, but his comments say everything you need to know about this club.

Brightside
07-04-2014, 09:14 PM

He showed tonight that he is the only one with the mentality to fight. Once again his balls were 100% bigger than any of the other gutless wonders.

Nailrod
07-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Ah get you now! Apologies for my response. Whoosh moment.No problem. Not much cause for humour these days.

woodyloon
07-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Sign of a good manager is managing players well to get the best out of them. I thought Butchers appointment was for the better, now I'm not too sure, either there is something rotten too the core at Hibs or Butcher isn't able to do what we hoped he could.

We are in freefall and it looks like we are playing without any clear plan apart from punt the ball up to Collins, missing out the midfield and giving cheap possession back to the opposition. The most alarming thing is the lack of chances we are creating, you always feel confident that even if you are losing games but creating changes that at sometime it will turn and you take some of your chances. How many times lately have we come away from a game without having a shot on target, even worse when it's at home.

It's time for the management team to show us what they have, regardless wether it's there team or not, they knew what they had to work with and if it wasn't good enough then they should of waited till the summer before they took over.

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 09:17 PM

Lewis has played for about 5/6 Hibs managers, he has not been able to hold down a place in the team on a regular basis as he gets moved all over the park. Other week
Is he is dropped / on bench.
He's been involved with Hibs who have to finished bottom 6 four years on the bounce, he gets touted as our best player, he wouldn't get a game for any of the top six teams.
He's part of our "loosing" culture at the club
Time for him to move on Imo in the summer. We need better players in.
Sad thing is Lewis is prob our second best player at the club after Thomson.

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Man of match tonight IMO, what does that say about the rest

Agree Stanton in bursts shows his skill but is left to try and beat a third or fourth player as there is no one to pass to and then he gets disposed and we are caught as they break

scuttle
07-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Lewis has played for about 5/6 Hibs managers, he has not been able to hold down a place in the team on a regular basis as he gets moved all over the park. Other week
He's been involved with Hibs who have to finished bottom 6 four years on the bounce, he gets touted as our best player, he wouldn't get a game for any of the top six teams.

You said on an earlier post you were not having a go at Lewis
Well you could have fooled me with that above

Hibercelona
07-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Lewis has played for about 5/6 Hibs managers, he has not been able to hold down a place in the team on a regular basis as he gets move all over the park or is on bench.

I disagree. I think he would get into one of the top six sides. He does most things right on the pitch, but is surrounded by players that do so much wrong.

He busts a gut to get forward at any opportunity he can, but the attacks keep breaking down, because nobody else is busting a gut with him to offer him any support.

Borderhibbie76
07-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Totally agree mate...absolute joke he is anywhere near first team...never mind club captain...the biggest gutless wonder in a team full of them. ..with the exception of a few stanton and wee Lewis! !

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
07-04-2014, 09:25 PM

Yeah, he really looked a part of it when he was bursting a gut to make challenges none of his teammates could be bothered to make :rolleyes:

OsloHibs
07-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Sign of a good manager is managing players well to get the best out of them. I thought Butchers appointment was for the better, now I'm not too sure, either there is something rotten too the core at Hibs or Butcher isn't able to do what we hoped he could.

We are in freefall and it looks like we are playing without any clear plan apart from punt the ball up to Collins, missing out the midfield and giving cheap possession back to the opposition. The most alarming thing is the lack of chances we are creating, you always feel confident that even if you are losing games but creating changes that at sometime it will turn and you take some of your chances. How many times lately have we come away from a game without having a shot on target, even worse when it's at home.

It's time for the management team to show us what they have, regardless wether it's there team or not, they knew what they had to work with and if it wasn't good enough then they should of waited till the summer before they took over.

Well said. If he felt the squad was so bad, why take the job?

Bad Martini
07-04-2014, 09:26 PM
We should have had a change far sooner. Most of our players dont give a ****, those who do are mostly not good enough whilst all the while some genius thinks we'll all hand over fortune's to watch this pish every week with the carrot of a free trip to Butlins of tranent to meet the biggest shower of no marks in years.

Why is a club with our resources in ANYTHING close to yet another relegation battle. ****ing joke.

ENDOF

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
07-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Harris was once that guy. Blistering pace? No. But good for you, you've managed to name one 'nippy' player who wasn't a Fenlon signing.

Heffernan used to score goals. Not a striker and certainly no Griffiths.

At the start of the season I was thinking that Thompson, who has played at a far higher level than any of his team mates, might be that man... A potential leader on the park, but not long term. Barely beyond this season in fact.

You are missing the point though. There are some players in there, but they are overwhelmed by the dross.

But hey. Let's bin them all and start again with much better players. It works every time.

It isn't a simplistic matter of 'much better players'. Its a matter of some tougher, some faster, some fitter, some bigger, some more experienced, some hungrier and so on.

I'll tell you what would work better. A series of signings which complement one another rather than over filling in one area - eg short midfielders. Giving a manager the length of time and budget required to rebuild the squad with authority and knowledge over a three year term.

MWHIBBIES
07-04-2014, 09:34 PM
Ps not having pop at Lewis as there are worse players at Easter Road just nowConsidering at least 1 of those top 6 clubs was trying to sign him a few years ago he probably would. He is a better player than Wotherspoon and Rankin and both play regularly in top 6 clubs.

07-04-2014, 09:35 PM

I'd take that bet aswell. We don't look like scoring at all. If Collins is our main striker then heaven help us.

SouthamptonHibs
You said on an earlier post you were not having a go at Lewis
Well you could have fooled me with that above

There's no pop up Lewis in my comments all are pretty fair. Think I finished as saying he's prob our second best player in the squad just now.
But for me if Hibs want to improve we need better players

Sammy7nil
I disagree. I think he would get into one of the top six sides. He does most things right on the pitch, but is surrounded by players that do so much wrong.

He busts a gut to get forward at any opportunity he can, but the attacks keep breaking down, because nobody else is busting a gut with him to offer him any support.

if John rankin can be an ever present for D Utd Lewis could get a game for a top 6 club.

seanshow
07-04-2014, 09:37 PM
I think Stevenson and Collins had decent games tonight with little reward, but even so neither of them should be playing for Hibs imo.

The only players worth keeping are Forster,Robertson and Stanton, possibly Hanlon and Harris if given time, and I would happily empty the rest....if we can scrape through and avoid the playoff position and start again next season, total shambles. :(

SouthamptonHibs
07-04-2014, 09:37 PM
Yeah, he really looked a part of it when he was bursting a gut to make challenges none of his teammates could be bothered to make :rolleyes:

He tries hard but trying hard it's not gonna win us games if we don't have QUALITY!
He should be in the current team but our current team is rank rotten

IberianHibernian
07-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Well said. If he felt the squad was so bad, why take the job?Maybe because when he first indicated he`d take the job the squad wasn`t so bad ? Maybe we still had LG and Claros and thought we`d be keeping them ? Also money I suppose . If we`re relegated , Butcher will get compensation if he doesn`t resign , will son get another job in Scotland and won`t be too bothered about reputation in England as he`s already a failed manager there .

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 09:43 PM

He was not available for interview folk saying he tore into players at half time and again at full time and it could be heard by people walking past . the problem is players are not responding to this style so he is wasting his time and that style may be one of the contributory causes of us going into free fall.I don't think any of us saw this coming .Thompson did well when he came on against Hearts but can't even get game time .why bring Cummings on for his appearance money ,Collins was doing nothing for last part of game so at least give another striker an opportunity .Handling just hasn't progressed ,you could go on and on but now looks like T B has run out of ideas .The question now is can he get them up for st midden game as we need to start getting draws ,but to do that we need to score as that defence just can't keep a clean sheet and you can't see where goal is coming from .even set pieces were poor in main tonight .Would Heff had made any great difference to result I don't think so but if groin again then he isn't going to be match fit for next game in which McGivern is suspended.Time for youth? He clearly doesn't think so ,maybe feels with foster Stanton Harris and Watmore he can't risk anymore but can they really do any worse .

OsloHibs
07-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Maybe because when he first indicated he`d take the job the squad wasn`t so bad ? Maybe we still had LG and Claros and thought we`d be keeping them ? Also money I suppose . If we`re relegated , Butcher will get compensation if he doesn`t resign , will son get another job in Scotland and won`t be too bothered about reputation in England as he`s already a failed manager there .

So you also think he has made the players worse?

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 09:45 PM
:agree: Any team that can do the very basics in defending will fancy their chances against this side. We don;t even look like scoring - zero shots on target tonight, yet again.
Would like to know what they do in training ,as no evidence this team has been working on things during week that they are brining into a game .

Ronniekirk
07-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Reverse that and ask on current form has he made them better ? :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
07-04-2014, 09:52 PM

He is no world beater but at the moment we need more Lewis Stevensons.

inglisavhibs
07-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I think Stevenson and Collins had decent games tonight with little reward, but even so neither of them should be playing for Hibs imo.

The only players worth keeping are Forster,Robertson and Stanton, possibly Hanlon and Harris if given time, and I would happily empty the rest....if we can scrape through and avoid the playoff position and start again next season, total shambles. :(
Agree with this, although I would keep the goalie if possible and we would struggle to get a better left centre back than Hanlon. I don't think there is any lack of effort,just a lack of talent. Excluding Stanton we are second to every ball in midfield and up front. Our team tonight would really struggle against any team from the championship. We have a huge battle to stay in this league.

Sammy7nil
07-04-2014, 10:04 PM

It is not up fot debate it is a FACT Butcher as managed what we thought was impossble and made the players worse .

For what ever reasons the players cannot work to Tel:s "plan" and Tel cant adapt the "plan"

Boyle89
07-04-2014, 10:04 PM
I thought they had chucked it after that performance tbh. Only Stevenson and Collins (for a short while) looked like they were wanting to win the tackles.
Upon reflection I now think it's a mixture of not caring and the fact that we really are just rubbish.

spike220
07-04-2014, 10:05 PM
I thought Lewis Stevenson was great!

Onion
07-04-2014, 10:16 PM
I thought Lewis Stevenson was great!

Stevenson did well but his application tonight was no better or greater than the 11 Hearts players that took the field last Sunday. It's the 7 or 8 losers that are the problem.

emerald green
07-04-2014, 10:28 PM
I hate to repeat myself but this is bullsh*t. Nobody would have said that about any of the guys we brought in at the start of the season.

Spot on. :agree: Why is there something fundamentally rotten? That's the $64,000 question. It's been the subject of numerous debates, opinions, theories on these threads and elsewhere for a long time, but nothing changes. On tonight's evidence, things are getting worse, and the club seems to be about to implode. It's got to the stage that the manager's assistant is swearing at fans. A sure sign a club is in trouble when people connected to the club start to turn on each other. Sad.

AlbertK86
07-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Stevenson Forster and Stanton were the only pass marks for me.

These 3 and Harris are the only ones from that outfield ten I would keep next season

Nelson is possibly the worst passer of a ball I have seen since Benny Brazil

It does look like the OP is right

We need to pull out a result from somewhere but to be honest I cannot see where it is coming from

One thing I do know is that the fans need to back the team. Even in the first 10 mins when we were on the attack a couple of guys in sect 43 row M were absolutely losing the plot and firing ridiculous personal abuse at individual players

I understand everybody's frustration but this certainly doesn't help anyone.

I tried to tell them to back the team but they looked at me as if I was daft !

scoopyboy
07-04-2014, 10:50 PM
I hate it when Lewis Stevenson gets MOTM, it means we haven't won the game.

He deserved it tonight IMO but it is because nobody done anything constructive, ie making or scoring goals in a Hibs win.

I like the guy but when he is MOTM it is a Hibs defeat most of the time.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2014, 11:01 PM

:agree: I said when Butcher came in that we would be revisiting the same discussions that we had been having at the start of the season, when Fenlon was in charge, in around 18-24 months' time.

In actual fact those discussions have started inside five months and already there's people questioning Butcher's suitability for the role of Hibs manager.

The real problems lie at the very top of the club and until those issues are addressed, we will continue to go nowhere.

I said it when Fenlon left back in November and I stand by that.

seanshow
07-04-2014, 11:22 PM
:agree: I said when Butcher came in that we would be revisiting the same discussions that we had been having at the start of the season, when Fenlon was in charge, in around 18-24 months' time.

In actual fact those discussions have started inside five months and already there's people questioning Butcher's suitability for the role of Hibs manager.

The real problems lie at the very top of the club and until those issues are addressed, we will continue to go nowhere.

I said it when Fenlon left back in November and I stand by that.

The thing is, even if the club is 'run as a business and not a club' or 'overstaffed in the wrong areas' or 'The Tache as governor' whatever the reason may be......Purely on income alone we are punching below our weight! we get double the crowds of most of the other teams and therefore should be able translate that into a top6 finish minimum every season.
The blame falls at the feet of the players( although the ball rarely does) and those who select them.
Hopefully a couple of wins and roll on next season bacuase this is embarrassing.

Sir David Gray
07-04-2014, 11:32 PM
The thing is, even if the club is 'run as a business and not a club' or 'overstaffed in the wrong areas' or 'The Tache as governor' whatever the reason may be......Purely on income alone we are punching below our weight! we get double the crowds of most of the other teams and therefore should be able translate that into a top6 finish minimum every season.
The blame falls at the feet of the players( although the ball rarely does) and those who select them.
Hopefully a couple of wins and roll on next season bacuase this is embarrassing.

Barring a couple of decent spells here and there, we've been garbage for pretty much the last seven years.

Over that time, we've tried replacing the manager on five separate occasions and have had several hundred players play for us during that time and yet we're still being dished up the same nonsense season after season.

People keep blaming the players and the managers but who hires the managers?

The people running the club are failing in every aspect when it comes to the fundamental objective of every football team on the planet, which is to win football matches.

snooky
07-04-2014, 11:37 PM
Stevenson Forster and Stanton were the only pass marks for me.

These 3 and Harris are the only ones from that outfield ten I would keep next season

Nelson is possibly the worst passer of a ball I have seen since Benny Brazil ......

My thoughts entirely.

Lewis MOTM by a mile (and I kinda agree with Scoopyboy's point).
BTW, LS killed two high balls tonight in a Murphesque fashion - just thought I'd mention that.

I think Craig should have been subbed at halftime. That would have saved him the personal embarrassment of a 10 minute spell in the second half where he performed like someone who had never played a game of football in his life. I really felt sorry for him.

Hibs - Physically weak & slow, mentally slow, lazy, poor formation, no ariel threat, no class, em, where do you want me to stop?
IMO playing one up front at home is equivalent to Potter's infamous 'none up front' tactic.

Finally...
Another poor exhibition of refereeing and 'linesmaning'.
The amount of calls they got wrong tonight re. throw-ins, corners, offsides, etc (for both sides) must be a new game record.

And btw, the right hand post at the FF end had a good game. :wink:

eggbamyasi
08-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Just remind me which are the ones with blistering pace? Which are the strikers? Which are the leaders on the park? None of them are and none of them were at their previous clubs.

Butcher has inherited a misshapen and imbalanced squad. The only thing disguising that previously was the glorious, instinctive, gifted footballing daftness of Leigh Griffiths.

This is a crisis made by Pat Fenlon. It is his aircraft that Butcher finds himself flying without engines, wings or landing gear.

Totally agree.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Steve20
08-04-2014, 07:08 AM
The players chucked it a while ago.

Hoofball tactics and 4-5-1 are not helping either.

Aldo
08-04-2014, 07:19 AM
My thoughts entirely. Lewis MOTM by a mile (and I kinda agree with Scoopyboy's point). BTW, LS killed two high balls tonight in a Murphesque fashion - just thought I'd mention that. I think Craig should have been subbed at halftime. That would have saved him the personal embarrassment of a 10 minute spell in the second half where he performed like someone who had never played a game of football in his life. I really felt sorry for him. Hibs - Physically weak & slow, mentally slow, lazy, poor formation, no ariel threat, no class, em, where do you want me to stop? IMO playing one up front at home is equivalent to Potter's infamous 'none up front' tactic. Finally... Another poor exhibition of refereeing and 'linesmaning'. The amount of calls they got wrong tonight re. throw-ins, corners, offsides, etc (for both sides) must be a new game record. And btw, the right hand post at the FF end had a good game. :wink:

I would play Lewis at LB from now until he end of the season.

As for Craig, Snooky I'd like to disagree with you if I may...... Craig should be nowhere near the team let alone be club Capt. Spineless coward of an individual that purports to be a professional footballer. Waste of a jersey and a wage thief.

The Sea-gull
08-04-2014, 09:01 AM

He deserved it tonight IMO but it is because nobody done anything constructive, ie making or scoring goals in a Hibs win.

I like the guy but when he is MOTM it is a Hibs defeat most of the time.

Agree. If Stevenson get the man of the match it is usually when there is not outstanding candidate in a dire performance so they are just looking at who has tried the hardest.

I like Lewis and he would always have a place in my squad but not in my team if everyone is fit and on form. The fact that he has had so many games for Hibs in the last 4 years is a sign of the amount of dross we have had rather than his own abilities as a player.

Chump
08-04-2014, 09:48 AM

What a crock of *******....Butcher has stuck it on autopilot and is away with MM for a 3some with the air hostess

Paloschi
08-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Bunch of complete wasters.

How many times will we have a team that lets us down constantly? I was at the game last night and the Dundee United game and it's like we do not even try to win games? No chances or shots on goal.

Keith_M
08-04-2014, 10:33 AM
The defense is definitely missing Hanlon. It seems strange writing that, considering the amount of people that have slated him previously. I wouldn't like to see him leave.

Also, it must have been a bit of a bummer for Butcher to have finally put Heffernan in the starting line-up yesterday and then see him get injured in the warm up. 'm not saying for a minute he was going to solve all our problems on his own but most of us have been questioning why he hasn't been getting a start, to at least try him.

GGTTHibees
08-04-2014, 12:11 PM

Stevenson works his hardest and is good. Collins works his hardest and is *****. The rest don't care about the club

Speedway
08-04-2014, 12:19 PM
There is no player worth keeping at the club currently. You think anyone at the Mothers has spent the whole season worried about relegation?

We've got no-one who is hungry for success enough.

AlbertK86
08-04-2014, 04:33 PM
There is no player worth keeping at the club currently. You think anyone at the Mothers has spent the whole season worried about relegation? We've got no-one who is hungry for success enough.

For me Lewis Harris Stanton and Forster from last night plus Robertson and Thomson

Rest can bolt

One Day Soon
08-04-2014, 04:50 PM
What a crock of *******....Butcher has stuck it on autopilot and is away with MM for a 3some with the air hostess

You've an appropriate nom de plume Mrs Fenlon.

Butcher is presently trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's bowel movement. That squad is as convincing as a set of footballers as my 16 year old black and white cat is convincing as a lion.

Turning a dressing room, a squad and a club's mentality into loser/George Street/hiding/wage thieving can be done easily and relatively quickly. Turning it around again takes time - several signing windows, long term planning and the grit to see it through if you want to complete it properly.

We have had a series of 5hite managers, a dressing room revolt, serial crap signings, a partying welts culture and a support more disappointed, humiliated and let down than the wife of a French President.

The one sure way to fail yet again is not giving the manager the time to get it changed.

Dashing Bob S
08-04-2014, 05:01 PM
Tel's up for a scrap, of that I've no doubt, but so was was Yogi, and he couldn't carry the players with them either.

monktonharp
08-04-2014, 05:24 PM

I like the guy but when he is MOTM it is a Hibs defeat most of the time.:agree:he is a trier, but that is all he is IMHO. he puts in an occasional decent cross if he manages to get near the edge of the 18yard box. he scored a goal this season, big deal! he's a midfielder, and I'd expect a half dozen from each midfielder in a season. the real problem is not him, but when he gets MoM then there is a bloody big problem. who is the club captain? if it still is Craig, he should immediately be stripped of it and it should be given to Katie. therein lies a real big problem, and that is that the management team cant (for the life of me) do that.Collins is pretty poor at times, but I don't think you can rely on a one man band upfront, and all he seems to do is run about like a headless chicken trying to feed off scraps or slip-ups from the opposing defenders.I hate to critise players, although I have in the past but Christ knows what we are going to see nearer the season end. I was puzzled that Heff did not appear last night, only to hear at the end of the game that he got injured in the warm up. somehow cant see Haynes doing much in the countdown, and the young front players have hardly scored a goal amongst them!