PDA

View Full Version : Callum Booth

beensaidbefore
07-04-2014, 02:40 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the deal with Callum Booth? Is he still out on loan or did we get rid of him?

If he is still on our books, id much rather see him at left back than McGivern. Was brilliant today, composed on the ball, willing to attack, and most importantly could defend and header a ball. Couldnt help wonder if he would have given away as many goals as McGivern over this season and last. Find it doubtful if im honest.

eggbamyasi
07-04-2014, 02:50 AM
Hes on loan . Be glad to get him back hopefully given a chance in first yeam too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

beensaidbefore
07-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Hes on loan . Be glad to get him back hopefully given a chance in first yeam too

Me too, thats a bonus.

As a side issue, loving the name, come on the Tribal Funktion massive. Narrowly avoided a flying pickled egg at the venue when 'the eggman' was playing. good times, sadly missed.

bingo70
07-04-2014, 05:35 AM
Thought he was excellent against the rangers yesterday

heretoday
07-04-2014, 08:26 AM
It's a mystery why Booth is not playing left back for us.

Weststandwanab
07-04-2014, 08:31 AM
It's a mystery why Booth is not playing left back for us. Maybe Pat knows - Fenlon not the plumber.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2014, 08:36 AM

Not really, he was bloody awful when he was allowed to go out on loan. I watched him play a game in Belgium when he was so far off the pace of the game i wondered if he had a twin brother who'd taken his place.

I'd never seen someone with so much promise go backwards so much.

He needed to play games and at that time he was never getting a place in our team, no matter how bad McGivern was playing. It looks like the decision by Fenlon has payed off, and he comes back next season better for it.

lord bunberry
07-04-2014, 08:37 AM

It's not a mystery to me, he had his chance and wasn't good enough. Hopefully his spell on loan has done him some good and he comes back and makes the position his own.

Heedersnvolleys
07-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Forgive my ignorance but can anyone put up a list of players that still have contracts at Hibs after the summer?

spike220
07-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Not really, he was bloody awful when he was allowed to go out on loan. I watched him play a game in Belgium when he was so far off the pace of the game i wondered if he had a twin brother who'd taken his place.

I'd never seen someone with so much promise go backwards so much.

He needed to play games and at that time he was never getting a place in our team, no matter how bad McGivern was playing. It looks like the decision by Fenlon has payed off, and he comes back next season better for it.

Thanks Pat!:aok:

Geo_1875
07-04-2014, 08:47 AM
He had a good game against us in the Scottish Cup, he had a good game yesterday against a first division side, he's playing in a team that have been poor in the championship this season. Why the clamour to get him back in a Hibs jersey?

fleethibee
07-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Out of contract players at end of this season are
Danny Haynes
Ben Williams
Paul Cairney
Kevin Thompson
James McPake
Tom Taiwo
Zoubir
Handling
Maybury
Murdoch
Cummings
Boeteng
Paul Grant
Bradley Donaldson
Watmore
Dean Horribine

147lothian
07-04-2014, 08:56 AM
I remember when he first burst onto the scene at E.R and looked the real deal, then his form slumped and he went out on loan, im not sure how good he has been with them? Maybe Raith fans could enlighten us? But if im not wrong I think he still has a year on his contract when he returns next season

--------
07-04-2014, 09:25 AM

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that when the loan deal with Raith was arranged, Hibs agreed to a clause preventing us from calling him back to ER mid-season. Whoever brokered the deal also left out the usual clause preventing him from playing against his registered club (Hibs) in the event of Hibs being drawn against them in a Cup competition. Which is why he was playing in Raith's SC victory in February.

Butcher wanted him back in January, I heard, and wasn't best pleased when he found out he couldn't get him.

I have no problem with him going on loan - as already said, it seems to have done him a lot of good and hopefully he'll come back next season and be a real asset - goodness knows we need some players who'll play for the shirt, but why Callum's loan was set up the way it was is another question. I'd rather have him than McGivern right now, that's for sure.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2014, 09:27 AM
I remember when he first burst onto the scene at E.R and looked the real deal, then his form slumped and he went out on loan, im not sure how good he has been with them? Maybe Raith fans could enlighten us? But if im not wrong I think he still has a year on his contract when he returns next season

Butcher has already gone on record as saying, Booth will be back at Hibs for pre season training

Weststandwanab
07-04-2014, 09:46 AM
He had a good game against us in the Scottish Cup, he had a good game yesterday against a first division side, he's playing in a team that have been poor in the championship this season. Why the clamour to get him back in a Hibs jersey? Because he is a Hibs player playing well and in a position where we require filing.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that when the loan deal with Raith was arranged, Hibs agreed to a clause preventing us from calling him back to ER mid-season. Whoever brokered the deal also left out the usual clause preventing him from playing against his registered club (Hibs) in the event of Hibs being drawn against them in a Cup competition. Which is why he was playing in Raith's SC victory in February.

Butcher wanted him back in January, I heard, and wasn't best pleased when he found out he couldn't get him.

I have no problem with him going on loan - as already said, it seems to have done him a lot of good and hopefully he'll come back next season and be a real asset - goodness knows we need some players who'll play for the shirt, but why Callum's loan was set up the way it was is another question. I'd rather have him than McGivern right now, that's for sure. I agree.

Butcher has already gone on record as saying, Booth will be back at Hibs for pre season training Good stuff.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Can't wait until he is back and gets a good pre season under him. I for one will welcome him back with open arms:agree:

PeterboroHibee
07-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Obviously he still has to come back and show he can do it in the Hibs team, but this is exactly why more of our young players should be out on loan, and not just playing in the U20s or making the odd cameo in the first team. Booth was a player who looked shot of confidence and potentially on his way out, whereas this season hes played regular competitive football, and reports on him seem to be generally positive.

Booth coming back to the first team might even give McGivern the kick up the backside he needs (provided hes still at the club)!

eggbamyasi
07-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Me too, thats a bonus.

As a side issue, loving the name, come on the Tribal Funktion massive. Narrowly avoided a flying pickled egg at the venue when 'the eggman' was playing. good times, sadly missed.

Hehe . Yep was a big fan back in the day . Plenty flyers as wall paper in my room , his name always stood out, use it online for most things :-D although he spells it eggebamyasi .

Spike Mandela
07-04-2014, 03:00 PM
How did Fraser Mullen play?:duck:

Albion Hibs
07-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Booth was probably a victim of too much too soon. He has done the right thing by going out in loan and getting a couple of seasons of football under his belt. Going forward was never a problem for him, it was the defensive side of his game that let him down, so fingers crossed he comes back better on that front, butcher will however be a good manager to help with that side of his game.

Hopefully he comes back to hibs a much better player from his loan spells and days like yesterday will do his confidence no end of good. Well done to him.

Woodrow
07-04-2014, 04:08 PM
It's not a mystery to me, he had his chance and wasn't good enough. Hopefully his spell on loan has done him some good and he comes back and makes the position his own.

Booth was probably a victim of too much too soon. He has done the right thing by going out in loan and getting a couple of seasons of football under his belt. Going forward was never a problem for him, it was the defensive side of his game that let him down, so fingers crossed he comes back better on that front, butcher will however be a good manager to help with that side of his game.

Hopefully he comes back to hibs a much better player from his loan spells and days like yesterday will do his confidence no end of good. Well done to him.

Booth was a victim of being hung out to dry by CoCo Calderwood in his mysterious diamond formation ... which wasn't really a diamond formation at all ..

GordonHFC
07-04-2014, 04:23 PM

I have no problem with him going on loan - as already said, it seems to have done him a lot of good and hopefully he'll come back next season and be a real asset - goodness knows we need some players who'll play for the shirt, but why Callum's loan was set up the way it was is another question. I'd rather have him than McGivern right now, that's for sure.

You can only have a clause in the loan agreement that you cant play against your registered club if the teams are in the same league.

blackpoolhibs
07-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Booth was a victim of being hung out to dry by CoCo Calderwood in his mysterious diamond formation ... which wasn't really a diamond formation at all ..

Aye it was the system, nothing to do with him just playing badly? :rolleyes:

Woodrow
07-04-2014, 05:48 PM
Aye it was the system, nothing to do with him just playing badly? :rolleyes:

Correct - it was the system that basically abandoned a young laddie without the experience to play in a ludicrous setup - after that his confidence was shot

--------
07-04-2014, 06:17 PM
You can only have a clause in the loan agreement that you cant play against your registered club if the teams are in the same league.

Both were in the SPFL? Or do you mean division? I thought a player could still be Cup-tied regardless of division. I mean, if the clubs aren't in the same division, the only time they'll ever play against one another is in the Cups?

And that may be so, but to forgo the possibility of recalling him some time later in the season?

IWasThere2016
07-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Butcher has already gone on record as saying, Booth will be back at Hibs for pre season training

:agree: TB rates Booth.