PDA

View Full Version : Yams Ltyf

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Never like to accuse people outright, but this board is honking at the mo.

Anyway, to avoid the chance of labelling someone as a Yam, who isn't, I've hit the ignore button for anyone who's a bit iffy.

What strategies are the rest of you using to avoid these trolls?

Hermit Crab
06-04-2014, 10:07 AM
**** all. Let the admins deal with the pricks.

The_Todd
06-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I just let them carry on. Their hurt is amusing.

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 10:15 AM

Anyway, to avoid the chance of labelling someone as a Yam, who isn't, I've hit the ignore button for anyone who's a bit iffy.

They need to be confronted rather than avoided in my view. That way their delusion is exposed.

I actually have no problem with 'out' Yams posting and looking for robust debate. Anyone who posts Yammish generally gets either a sniff, sniff or an outright LTYF from me. Unless they are a first time poster in which case they automatically Advance to Go with a direct LTYF as a matter of principle.

I've already stated my position on low post counters having to ask admins for permission to post on contentious threads. Benevolent dictatorship, eh? Marvellous.

sleeping giant
06-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Who said that ? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 10:24 AM
who said that ? :greengrin

ltyf

marinello59
06-04-2014, 10:30 AM

How about just using the report post function and letting admin get on with things.

sleeping giant
06-04-2014, 10:32 AM
ltyf

At least I'm not on your ignore list :-)

sleeping giant
06-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Whatever happened to our resident jambiods ?
Have they all been punted ? Tazio , Bruno etc

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 10:33 AM
How about just using the report post function and letting admin get on with things.

That sounds like a good strategy.

Thecat23
06-04-2014, 10:35 AM

Well said, I think there are at least 4 on here and it showed over the past 24 hours.

Saorsa
06-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Personally I try tae avoid people who accuse other people of things just because their opinion/s disnae fit.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Personally I try tae avoid people who accuse other people of things just because their opinion/s disnae fit.

No problem with differences of opinion. It's good to discuss things. It's a bit frustrating though, when its clearly a Merrick wanting a reaction. That's why I think they are better off ignored.

MrSmith
06-04-2014, 10:47 AM
I just generally let it wash over me! There is a returning poster who's English has improved dramatically since he disappeared....? Anyway, they are what they are and most of us can tell within an instant a ltyf :)

Viva_Palmeiras
06-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Applying the Hibs.net zen filter it's quite good.

Hibsbollahs weather reports, the Japanese poetry threads (the only things not filtered ;) are braw ;)

Glesgahibby
06-04-2014, 10:58 AM

Being fairly new here I am both curious and paranoid :greengrin
A wee clue for the curiosity and a reply to end my paranoia :greengrin

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 11:01 AM

For me that's part and parcel of the board. Otherwise we'll eventually end up sanitized to the point of meaninglessness. Like FIFA are doing with actual football.

ehf
06-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Never like to accuse people outright

Really? You have done it twice to me this morning on the "relegation play off thread".

For your info, I have been a member of this forum since day 1 and it's predecessors for several year before that and a season ticket holder at ER for even longer.

I am concerned at the situation we are in and am not going to be intimidated from expressing my views by the the likes of you.

Hibercelona
06-04-2014, 11:11 AM

:agree:

Get with the system or get booted out seems to be the way these days.

lapsedhibee
06-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Really? You have done it twice to me this morning on the "relegation play off thread".

For your info, I have been a member of this forum since day 1 and it's predecessors for several year before that and a season ticket holder at ER for even longer.

I am concerned at the situation we are in and am not going to be intimidated from expressing my views by the the likes of you.

:bitchy: No need for that kind of language. Filled Rolls has not been liquidated.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 11:13 AM

Sorry for any offence caused. I was annoyed at what you were saying, and it was a shot below the belt.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Are you saying there aren't trolls on here?

marinello59
06-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Would you care to back that up with the names of recently departed posters who have been booted out for not being part of a non existent system ?

Hibercelona
06-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Are you saying there aren't trolls on here?

Of course there are. But for too many posters get accused of being Hearts fans, as soon as there's any conflict of opinion.

Would you care to back that up with the names of recently departed posters who have been booted out for not being part of a non existent system ?

Myself not too long ago. My password mysteriously changed and I had to go through a process to be assigned a new one. :rolleyes:

hibbymick
06-04-2014, 11:23 AM
I got launched off here once because folk thought I was a jambo :grr: ive learned that sometimes its best to keep your opinions to yerself.

eggbamyasi
06-04-2014, 11:28 AM
I got a ltyf on my first post lol unless thats a thing thats done ? Or im actually on ignore right now and people cant see this post so it dont really matter ..................... tbh I didnt know for ages what ltyf meant and couldnt ask or I would have been accused lol luckily someone asked recently took the slagging problem solved hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

marinello59
06-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Of course there are. But for too many posters get accused of being Hearts fans, as soon as there's any conflict of opinion.

Myself not too long ago. My password mysteriously changed and I had to go through a process to be assigned a new one. :rolleyes:

You got launched yet you are still here.
I sorted out your password problem as soon as you notified us by email. No need for thanks though, feel free to continue throwing snidely digs.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 11:34 AM

I got launched off here once because folk thought I was a jambo :grr: ive learned that sometimes its best to keep your opinions to yerself.

I got a ltyf on my first post lol unless thats a thing thats done ? Or im actually on ignore right now and people cant see this post so it dont really matter ..................... tbh I didnt know for ages what ltyf meant and couldnt ask or I would have been accused lol luckily someone asked recently took the slagging problem solved hehe

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I too got accused of trolling in my early days.

I think someone who is constantly negative about Hibs - by no means hard to do truthfully, at the present time - runs the risk of looking like a troll.

For example, people are having a laugh at Hearts, and then somebody comes on and says "we're just as bad". I think most of us get it, are trying to avoid it, and don't need reminded about it.

Hibercelona
06-04-2014, 11:35 AM
You got launched yet you are still here.
I sorted out your password problem as soon as you notified us by email. No need for thanks though, feel free to continue throwing snidely digs.

What digs are those? Care to point them out? :confused:

Obviously I couldn't thank you at the time, because I had no idea who it was that corrected the problem, as it was done by email. So i'll say it now. Thank you. :aok:

marinello59
06-04-2014, 11:35 AM

Nobody gets binned from here for expressing an opinion. What would be the point if it all if that was the case? The admin team have as wide a difference of views as everybody else.

Mikey
06-04-2014, 11:37 AM

Trust me, you're going to come out with that once too often. We're very tolerant of your digs but there is a limit.

Saorsa
06-04-2014, 11:40 AM

Get with the system or get booted out seems to be the way these days.That's no what I said though.

Do you think I'm with the system? :wink:

Hibercelona
06-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Trust me, you're going to come out with that once too often. We're very tolerant of your digs but there is a limit.

Again, what digs are you referring to?

Sometimes I retaliate to posters who send personal digs towards me and I probably shouldn't stoop down to their level. But if they can get away with it time and time again, then what do I have to be worried about?

Mikey
06-04-2014, 11:43 AM

Sometimes I retaliate to posters who send personal digs towards me and I probably shouldn't stoop down to their level. But if they can get away with it time and time again, then what do I have to be worried about?

Keep digging :wink:

Iggy Pope
06-04-2014, 11:44 AM

I think someone who is constantly negative about Hibs - by no means hard to do truthfully, at the present time - runs the risk of looking like a troll.

For example, people are having a laugh at Hearts, and then somebody comes on and says "we're just as bad". I think most of us get it, are trying to avoid it, and don't need reminded about it.

Spot on.

Pete
06-04-2014, 11:46 AM

You should trust your gut instinct, that's all I'll say.

There are differences between genuine hibs fans who are a bit pessimistic and those who's sole purpose is to spread negativity and make everyone else feel down.

Just humour them. They'll get found out eventually...even the guys with 1000 plus posts.

Saorsa
06-04-2014, 11:48 AM
You should trust your gut instinct, that's all I'll say.

There are differences between genuine hibs fans who are a bit pessimistic and those who's sole purpose is to spread negativity and make everyone else feel down.

Just humour them. They'll get found out eventually...even the guys with 1000 plus posts.Which guys are these exactly?

marinello59
06-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Which guys are these exactly?
Too late J. We've finally been rumbled.

Pete
Which guys are these exactly?

Naming them publicly would be breaking the rules.

You aren't one of them.:greengrin:

matty_f
Just report them, the admin team will look into them and if they're found to be Yams they'll be punted, if there's not enough to go on then they can continue to post until such a time that there is enough info, then they'll be punted.

The problem we have just now is sometimes it's genuine Hibs fans who constantly post putting the boot into the club, so it's difficult to tell who likes Hibs and who doesn't! :greengrin

matty_f
06-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Too late J. We've finally been rumbled.

launch the admin prick!

Saorsa
06-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Too late J. We've finally been rumbled.ach well J, It was good while it lasted. :agree:

Thecat23
06-04-2014, 11:58 AM
I've no doubt in my mind there are undercover hearts fans on here just like we have a few on kickback.

What pissed me off last night was the constant negative **** whenever anyone laughed at hearts. One poster even said they "care" more about Hibs because we weren't worried enough.

I choose to deal with Hibs in my own way. Of course I'm concerned about the way we play and results but I also believe we won't finish second bottom. Some on here pretty much have us down with them.

Hearts got relegated yesterday and I celebrated this, I'm so sorry if this offends anyone!!!!

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 12:17 PM

Wind your neck in.

wearethehibs
06-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Ltyf yet another cringey as **** thing on .net

Why are some of you lot on here so obsessed by them?

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 12:22 PM

You lot on here?

How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Eyrie
06-04-2014, 12:23 PM

It's called multi-tasking :aok:

andy1875
06-04-2014, 12:29 PM
For the record i am not a yam or a troll but i have to ask how you can ban someone from a website?

Always been curious as to how it actualy works. Is it just a case of deactivating their login details? If so could they not just re register under a new name.

And yes I am bored on a dull Sunday asking techy questions like this. :greengrin

the_ginger_hibee
06-04-2014, 12:37 PM
I was banned once. Quick jiggery pokerey, re-route the mainframe server with some HTML .com hashtag stuff then boom...allwasbarry.

Yours,
The artist formally known as the_strawberry_blonde_hibee

Thecat23
06-04-2014, 12:39 PM

If it bothers you that much why not just ignore it? Folk moaning about what others call Hearts fans make me laugh.

silverhibee
06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Naming them publicly would be breaking the rules.

You aren't one of them.:greengrin:

A PM will do, Filled Rolls i know about, but if you could pass on the other names that would be dandy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2014, 12:58 PM
If it bothers you that much why not just ignore it? Folk moaning about what others call Hearts fans make me laugh.

I couldnae care less what folk call them, but, where did Yam as a name originate?

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Nobody gets binned from here for expressing an opinion. What would be the point if it all if that was the case? The admin team have as wide a difference of views as everybody else.

Do they though, do they?

Its all a conspiracy, admin pricks, etc

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 01:01 PM
I couldnae care less what folk call them, but, where did Yam as a name originate?

FFS, not again.

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 01:02 PM

See, now that's worth a sniff, sniff.

Thecat23
06-04-2014, 01:04 PM

No idea where it came from. I call them S C U M B O S myself.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 01:08 PM
A PM will do, Filled Rolls i know about, but if you could pass on the other names that would be dandy.

:blushie:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2014, 01:16 PM
FFS, not again.

If I knew, I wouldnae have asked.

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 01:27 PM
If I knew, I wouldnae have asked.

No-one here can help you. They're just called Yams. That's it.

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Same happened to me.

Mikey
06-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Same happened to me.

So like Hibercelona you were banned from hibs.net (presumably for nothing, as is always the case) yet you're back again using the same user name.

Is that right?

WeeRussell
06-04-2014, 01:37 PM
I gather it's simply derived from the rhyming/sounds like/change a letter or two from "Jambos" or "Jam Tarts" - Jam - Yam - Yams..

Very long and loose way to arrive at a nickname but so are many nicknames and it's catchy enough for me :aok:

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 01:40 PM
I've no doubt in my mind there are undercover hearts fans on here just like we have a few on kickback.

What pissed me off last night was the constant negative **** whenever anyone laughed at hearts. One poster even said they "care" more about Hibs because we weren't worried enough.

I choose to deal with Hibs in my own way. Of course I'm concerned about the way we play and results but I also believe we won't finish second bottom. Some on here pretty much have us down with them.

Hearts got relegated yesterday and I celebrated this, I'm so sorry if this offends anyone!!!!
I said I care more about what's happening to us more than what's happening to them

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 01:49 PM
So like Hibercelona you were banned from hibs.net (presumably for nothing, as is always the case) yet you're back again using the same user name.

Is that right?
I just said the same happened to me. Was having a debate about something then all of a sudden I was locked out. I did ask at the time if I was being banned and was told that you didn't know what I was on about. I accepted that. I was just replying to Hibercelona as felt it a coincidence the same had happened to him and he obviously thought it was for the same reason I did. Clearly we were both wrong to think that.

matty_f
06-04-2014, 01:53 PM
I said I care more about what's happening to us more than what's happening to them

Can't you do both? I'll never tire of ripping the pish out of them, but I can also be worried about the nick of our club at the moment.

SuperAllyMcleod
06-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Apologies for being old and not exactly embracing social media but what does "ltyf" stand for?

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I gather it's simply derived from the rhyming/sounds like/change a letter or two from "Jambos" or "Jam Tarts" - Jam - Yam - Yams..

Very long and loose way to arrive at a nickname but so are many nicknames and it's catchy enough for me :aok:

I'll just continue to call them c***s!

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Can't you do both? I'll never tire of ripping the pish out of them, but I can also be worried about the nick of our club at the moment.
Yeah you're right but was being told that it didn't matter because Hearts were relegated.

Hibs Class
06-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Apologies for being old and not exactly embracing social media but what does "ltyf" stand for?

Launch the yam fellow, or something like that

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Tremendous, its an admin paranoia thread. I heard they run the Illuminati and Bilderberg too.

SuperAllyMcleod
06-04-2014, 02:09 PM

Thanks for that - I've been trying to work it out but came nowhere near that! :-)

One Day Soon
06-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Fud man, fud. Launch This Yam Fud.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2014, 02:15 PM
All yam fans please post here. Amnesty for all jambos.

Pete
06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Tremendous, its an admin paranoia thread. I heard they run the Illuminati and Bilderberg too.

Once you're in their circle you'll understand. You'll also be privy to their code....referring to each other as "J" and such.

Pete
06-04-2014, 02:17 PM

If people want to talk about Los Yambelinos then let them I say.

Pete
06-04-2014, 02:20 PM

I'm won't do that as I might be totally wrong and make myself look stupid.

I'll give you a clue, try that chatbox. :greengrin:

Thecat23
06-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah you're right but was being told that it didn't matter because Hearts were relegated.

Who said it "didn't matter?"

Iggy Pope
06-04-2014, 02:24 PM

Who told you that? I don't see that.

whiskyhibby
06-04-2014, 02:27 PM

That's exactly what I do, the Yam trolls are pretty obvious.....

Seveno
06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
We are on the eve of possibly one of the best days to be a Hibby. Who cares about Yam trolls ?

silverhibee
06-04-2014, 03:58 PM
:blushie:

:greengrin

silverhibee
06-04-2014, 04:02 PM

Ahh, you talking about J & J. :greengrin

Saorsa
06-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Ahh, you talking about J & J. :greengrinnah he was talking about you :greengrin

poolman
06-04-2014, 04:06 PM
I got binned a while back for being " outed " I think it was

It got sorted quick, no big deal

Jack Hackett
06-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Add to that the fact that a yam is a potato-like vegetable...and you can see why it's stuck. If the cap fits....

silverhibee
06-04-2014, 04:28 PM
nah he was talking about you :greengrin

Me P though :greengrin

Keith_M
06-04-2014, 04:29 PM
I got binned a while back for being " outed " I think it was

It got sorted quick, no big deal

Sounds like blatant Homophobia to me. I think you'd have grounds for a court case.

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 06:14 PM
Who told you that? I don't see that.

Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs
Really? You do remember that the team currently in 7th place in the Championship beat Hibs at ER just a couple of months ago.
Like you'll let him forget? Amazingly, even on the night those *******s go down, this can be a godawful place to view.

This from you. Seemed close to it for me.

Mikey
06-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Really? You do remember that the team currently in 7th place in the Championship beat Hibs at ER just a couple of months ago.
Like you'll let him forget? Amazingly, even on the night those *******s go down, this can be a godawful place to view.

That's quite a leap!

Iggy Pope
06-04-2014, 06:22 PM

Not even close to what you've suggested. You're making things up now.

Is that why you (presumably) went off on one and got your post (which I haven't seen) deleted?

AFKA5814 doesn't appear to have raged at all.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-04-2014, 06:25 PM
This thread is funny as ....! If you are a Hibby you'll know. ;-)

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Not even close to what you've suggested. You're making things up now.

Is that why you (presumably) went off on one and got your post (which I haven't seen) deleted?

AFKA5814 doesn't appear to have raged at all.
If I've picked you up wrong I apologise. But although I would rather be in our position than theirs, I am pissed off that we have contrived to get ourselves into the position we are.

Saorsa
06-04-2014, 06:33 PM
If I've picked you up wrong I apologise. But although I would rather be in our position than theirs, I am pissed off that we have contrived to get ourselves into the position we are.We've been in it for years and we've been taken there by your pal who is running the club.

RIP Bestie
06-04-2014, 06:35 PM
We've been in it for years and we've been taken there by your pal who is running the club.
He's no ma pal. Just there's name body else

Gregor
06-04-2014, 06:45 PM

First I came across the term was on the Hibs List, certainly before I read it here. Suspect some cross-pollenation occurred and and if the shoe fits then so be it.

**** has always been my favoured term. I always had the source of that to be Irvine Welsh, but again I recall a post on the Hibs List that extrapolated the story of the Corgie ****.

Puddledrinkers is a current favourite of mine though. I use that a lot.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2014, 06:46 PM
I've never been banned and I've had loads of disagreements - even with some admins.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Sounds like blatant Homophobia to me. I think you'd have grounds for a court case.

Maybe someone knows somebody who is, or used to be, a lawyer?

matty_f
06-04-2014, 06:54 PM
I've never been banned and I've had loads of disagreements - even with some admins.

Mair lives than a cat!

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Mair lives than a cat!

Prick.

matty_f
06-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Prick.

:greengrin:

the_ginger_hibee
06-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Maybe someone knows somebody who is, or used to be, a lawyer?

I can contact an ex-corporate lawyer big shot from the big smoke of London (now resides - Stenhouse), if you'd like?

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I can contact an ex-corporate lawyer big shot from the big smoke of London (now resides - Stenhouse), if you'd like?

Might be helpful, does he know anything about eDefamation? He's not a yam is he?

the_ginger_hibee
06-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Hmm...

He may post pictures of peoples faces in response to other pictures of peoples faces on a parody message board but any Yam leanings is pure speculation at this stage.

Will report back.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Hmm...

He may post pictures of peoples faces in response to other pictures of peoples faces on a parody message board but any Yam leanings is pure speculation at this stage.

Will report back.

:hilarious

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Hmm...

Will report back.
Pleasing.

The_Todd
06-04-2014, 07:24 PM
If you all weren't such a bunch of Yams you'd never be accused of it. Yams, the lot of you.

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 07:35 PM
If you all weren't such a bunch of Yams you'd never be accused of it. Yams, the lot of you.

the_ginger_hibee
06-04-2014, 07:36 PM

Exclusive pictures of the FoH convoy to Lithuania.

Hibs.net - always ahead

Phil D. Rolls
06-04-2014, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=the_ginger_hibee;3959466]Exclusive pictures of the FoH convoy to Lithuania.

Hibs.net - always ahead[/QUOTE ]

yaaaasaas!!!!

Time For Heroes
06-04-2014, 07:53 PM
This is all very yammish.... :D

FranckSuzy
06-04-2014, 10:47 PM

:grr: :tee hee:

Iain G
07-04-2014, 06:42 AM

Who said that?! :wink::greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Who said that?! :wink::greengrin

:shhhsh!::greengrin

Hermit Crab
07-04-2014, 12:03 PM

See George clooney. Ltyf

Hank Schrader
07-04-2014, 12:08 PM
There is definitely a smell of faeces about the place. You'd think they would want to concentrate on their own problems rather than infiltrate a rivals message board. Sad individuals indeed. The sheer and utter embarrassment of going into administration hasn't blunted their arrogance and delusion. I've seen enough 5-1 hand signs, 1902, "always in our shadow" blah blah yawn etc to prove that point.

They might avoid liquidation but I don't think they realise just how tough the coming years are going to be.

I hope its very very painful for them.

Hermit Crab
07-04-2014, 12:25 PM
There is definitely a smell of faeces about the place. You'd think they would want to concentrate on their own problems rather than infiltrate a rivals message board. Sad individuals indeed. The sheer and utter embarrassment of going into administration hasn't blunted their arrogance and delusion. I've seen enough 5-1 hand signs, 1902, "always in our shadow" blah blah yawn etc to prove that point.

They might avoid liquidation but I don't think they realise just how tough the coming years are going to be.

I hope its very very painful for them.

See Dunfermline.

Phil D. Rolls
07-04-2014, 12:26 PM
See Dunfermline.

Leeds United

VivaHiberņa
07-04-2014, 02:06 PM
This is all very yammish.... :D

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/arry.png

That's some statement; how do you mean? :greengrin