PDA

View Full Version : Huge game for us on Monday.

greenpaper55
05-04-2014, 08:14 PM
The way i look at it Partick are the team to target now, win against Aberdeen and Partick need three wins from five games and us to take no further points due to goal difference to overtake us, time to give the team our full backing with a big crowd on Monday.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2014, 08:21 PM
:agree: With St Mirren winning today and our cushion above the play off spot being cut by 2 points this afternoon, we really could do with taking at least a point on Monday night.

It's going to be pretty tough as Aberdeen are going for 2nd place and haven't lost too many games this season but hopefully we'll get a good crowd there and we'll get a positive reaction to last week's disappointment.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
:agree: Lets pack the place and create a right good atmosphere. No doubt sheep will bring a decent crowd aswell.

Thecat23
05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Huge game on Monday but Aberdeen are still a good side. Point at best I'd imagine it's the game after we must win and should win.

leggeto
05-04-2014, 09:42 PM
I can't see us winning but couldn't see hearts or saints winning today either so you never know,think we could get a point if we roll up the sleeves like we did against motherwell and go for it

Bishop Hibee
05-04-2014, 09:44 PM
A draw would do given how bad we've been. I'm intending to go to Paisley in a fortnight for my first away league game of the season too. I'd think the Hibs end will sell out.

gegs70
05-04-2014, 11:30 PM
We just never look likely of scoring but look so poor at the back.

Who can get us goals.....?

silverhibee
05-04-2014, 11:42 PM
We just never look likely of scoring but look so poor at the back.

Who can get us goals.....?

Forster seems the likely guy to score just now for us, strikers are on strike. :greengrin

gegs70
05-04-2014, 11:47 PM
Forster seems the likely guy to score just now for us, strikers are on strike. :greengrin

Is it worth playing players out of position? I always thought murdoch looked quite tall or even boateng maybe they even started as a striker in their youth. Desperate times?

clerriehibs
05-04-2014, 11:57 PM
Is it worth playing players out of position? I always thought murdoch looked quite tall or even boateng maybe they even started as a striker in their youth. Desperate times?

murdoch, the keeper, playing up front????

silverhibee
06-04-2014, 12:02 AM

Maybe caution on the safe side and stick Murdoch alongside Williams :greengrin

and just not have a striker, been like that for months now.

Jones28
06-04-2014, 12:25 AM
A win and I'll truly be able to celebrate Hearts (r) going down

connerg
06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
A win and I'll truly be able to celebrate Hearts (r) going down

Me too. :agree:

matty_f
06-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Massive game for us, if we can grab the three points it'd be a huge boost for us and would take the wind out the sails of a few of the chasing clubs as well.

silverhibee
06-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Massive game for us, if we can grab the three points it'd be a huge boost for us and would take the wind out the sails of a few of the chasing clubs as well.

It's Hibs were talking about here though Matty. :greengrin

gegs70
06-04-2014, 03:21 AM

Why not....seems as qualified as another striker we have just now!!!

Reaper
06-04-2014, 11:52 AM
I hope TB goes with two up top. Collins n Heff. We need service and Heff running off Collins. As ICT showed and Hearts, you can get at Aberdeen if you get their centre halfs turning but lumping balls to a solitary striker will be like bread n butter for Anderson and Considine/Reynolds. Tough ask but we need to try n get them on the back foot. No way we can sit deep n resist the pressure for 90mins the way our defence is.

greenpaper55
06-04-2014, 12:00 PM
We have a chance they have Considine !, have to go for experience, Heffernan Thompson and Craig on from the start please ?.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2014, 12:02 PM
:agree: Lets pack the place and create a right good atmosphere. No doubt sheep will bring a decent crowd aswell.

Good luck with that mate.

3pm
06-04-2014, 12:06 PM
If we actually got our finger out for once, there is no reason we can't get a result.

It'd help if he picks the right team as well.

stevejordan
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM
The way i look at it Partick are the team to target now, win against Aberdeen and Partick need three wins from five games and us to take no further points due to goal difference to overtake us, time to give the team our full backing with a big crowd on Monday.

Yes Partick are the team i am predicting will be in the play off place however i dont see the Aberdeen or St Mirren games as our key games Partick are away to Kilmarnock then home to St Mirren i cant see them getting a point from either game.
We need to remain cool even if we loose next 2 games the last 4 games are the most important and we have to play Partick at home if we win that game we are as good as safe.

dchibs
06-04-2014, 12:23 PM
We have a chance they have Considine !, have to go for experience, Heffernan Thompson and Craig on from the start please ?.
Got to agree with this, play Craig further forward with Thomson and Taiwo holding midfield,getting tight to Flood who got too much room at ER the iast time.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Good luck with that mate. :wink:

DH1875
06-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Would take a point right now. St Mirren and the Yams are the big ones. Win them and we'll be more than safe :)

GGTTH

Scottie
06-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Biggest game o the season for us to take the pressure off for the run in

Take a scabby yin nil :aok:

Ronniekirk
06-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Would take a point right now. St Mirren and the Yams are the big ones. Win them and we'll be more than safe :)

GGTTH
We have know for the last three games a couple of points would make a difference but TB seems to be lurching from one poor team selection to Another .Bringing Cummings in for one game and dropping him, bringing Heff in for cameo roles then giving him full game then dropping him ,Talking up Harris too quickly then dropping him telling us we won't see him till next season then throws him on again in Derby .Could go on with Handling Craig etc .He is worrying me just now as appears all over the place and think this is affecting squad morale and how he prepares a team for game I have no idea if all they end up doing on match day is getting back four to launch aimless balls to Collins who he dropped ,brought back in again and has stuck with him for work rate not scoring prowess ,hence reliance on defenders getting headed goals from set pieces .. Owen Tudor Jones could be latest player to come in but again he isn't match fit so you would need to give him a few games .Robertson will also need to be accommodated after split as it's clear we have missed him .
A lot for T B to ponder but he needs to start getting team selection and shape right and hope some key players not just Stanton and Watmore respond as without team pulling together we are soft touch in other teams eyes and that gives them a psychological edge when playing us .we go a goal down and think that's it we can't go on and win the game .Somehow he needs to get a blend of experience and youth playing for the jersey and getting rub of green .
Come on Hibs we can do this but the talking has to stop it's on the park that counts from here in :flag:

craigmounthibby
06-04-2014, 10:30 PM
We have know for the last three games a couple of points would make a difference but TB seems to be lurching from one poor team selection to Another .Bringing Cummings in for one game and dropping him, bringing Heff in for cameo roles then giving him full game then dropping him ,Talking up Harris too quickly then dropping him telling us we won't see him till next season then throws him on again in Derby .Could go on with Handling Craig etc .He is worrying me just now as appears all over the place and think this is affecting squad morale and how he prepares a team for game I have no idea if all they end up doing on match day is getting back four to launch aimless balls to Collins who he dropped ,brought back in again and has stuck with him for work rate not scoring prowess ,hence reliance on defenders getting headed goals from set pieces .. Owen Tudor Jones could be latest player to come in but again he isn't match fit so you would need to give him a few games .Robertson will also need to be accommodated after split as it's clear we have missed him .
A lot for T B to ponder but he needs to start getting team selection and shape right and hope some key players not just Stanton and Watmore respond as without team pulling together we are soft touch in other teams eyes and that gives them a psychological edge when playing us .we go a goal down and think that's it we can't go on and win the game .Somehow he needs to get a blend of experience and youth playing for the jersey and getting rub of green .
Come on Hibs we can do this but the talking has to stop it's on the park that counts from here in :flag:
A lot to ponder indeed...

We need 11 players giving their all tomorrow.

Ronniekirk
06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
A lot to ponder indeed...

We need 11 players giving their all tomorrow.
Here s hoping they rest a few like United did for cup semis next week .if we get in about them they may just not fancy the risk of injury .