PDA

View Full Version : The last 45 years (my lifetime)

weecounty hibby
05-04-2014, 08:02 PM
So in my lifetime Hibs have won 3 cups (not counting Dryburgh). Hearts have won 3 cups. We have been relegated twice, hearts 3 times.
We are still in premier league, hearts are now in 1st division at best.
They are almost extinct having pissed away probably over £100m, we have manageable debt that we service well.
We have fully complete uefa compliant stadium they have a 3/4 finished stadium with a death trap main stand with the othrr 3 in need of serious upgrade.
We have a fully kitted out training facility that is bought and paid for, they need to wait on HWs ladies hockey team to vacate the pitch before they can train
Remind me again who the big team is please someone!!! GGTTH

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 08:04 PM
So in my lifetime Hibs have won 3 cups (not counting Dryburgh). Hearts have won 3 cups. We have been relegated twice, hearts 3 times.
They are almost extinct having pissed away probably over £100m, we have manageable debt that we service well.
We have fully complete uefa compliant stadium they have a 3/4 finished stadium with a death trap main stand with the othrr 3 in need of serious upgrade.
We have a fully kitted out training facility that is bought and paid for, they need to wait on HWs ladies hockey team to vacate the pitch before they can train

Hibs.

JustSimplyHibs
05-04-2014, 08:07 PM

Just Simply, Hibs!

They are now an irrelevance.

iwasthere1972
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM

But they won two world wars. If it wasn't for them we would be saying Auf Weidersein Zee ****berbags.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 08:12 PM
Just Simply, Hibs!

They are now an irrelevance.

It happened very quickly the last time. Ironic how often they said we were irrelevant to them; they played at a higher level etc.

We will still be spoken about on TV every week. They will soon get the shock that Scottish football isn't interested in the fate of lower league clubs.

It especially uninterested in non league clubs. Anybody know the Spartans score today?

Waxy
05-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Hibs are the big team.we never needed dirty money to win our trophies.
Just look at them now.Wee team wee league.

SouthamptonHibs
05-04-2014, 10:46 PM

It's even better than that Hearts have been relegated four times now 77,79,81 and 2014 hail hail

Thecat23
05-04-2014, 10:54 PM

BOOOOOM,

Deal wi that Jambos!!!

SouthamptonHibs
06-04-2014, 12:01 AM

It's even better than that Hearts have been relegated four times now 77,79,81 and 2014 hail hail

leggeto
06-04-2014, 12:15 AM

I like this post

pacorosssco
06-04-2014, 12:16 AM

Not going to gloat.mental I know but it is more important we get house in order.we need a chelsea set up. Trust own stadium forever. Whoever want to spend can but the bricks and history is not for sell. We are in almost much a mess as them and we took hands off but need new direction

GreenLake
06-04-2014, 02:17 AM
When they were relegated years ago, they didn't have xbox's, ps3's or satellite TV and their home gates were under 5000 (if we can believe them)............:greengrin............ and they didn't have to pay a surcharge in the form of a £ 20 direct debit every month. :faf:

Once the emotional pantomime fades, the biggest supporter movement in world football will flush down the pan.

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

Islington Hibs
06-04-2014, 06:02 AM

Interesting and glass half full way of looking at it. I like it.:greengrin

My experience as a Hibs supporter is not quite so long (1977 or so). Over that time we have had a few great moments, but boy have we lacked consistency and an ability to keep our best players. You are right since Hearts doping they have actually achieved relatively little and will now hopefully get their just deserts. Their crowing is frankly little more than vacuous puff.

The question is how do we get our team to achieve its potential which we sure 'ain't over the last 30 odd years? Answers on a postcard please.:greengrin

Hibrandenburg
06-04-2014, 06:42 AM

Good post!

For me the natural order has now been returned. I started watching Hibs as Turnbull was putting together his Tornados. I grew up thinking that Hibs were by far the superior Edinburgh team. That was turned on its head in the 80's when they started their financial doping dependency and was strengthened by the financial mismanagement of hibs.

Love them or hate them but STF and to a degree the Tasche are the reason we've come through turbulent times for Scottish football and are now in a position to gloat at our smelly neighbours and enjoy their demise.

No sympathy from me, this has been a long time coming and their current situation is one of their own making, one that was foreseeable and one that could have been halted in the past. They chose to sell their soul and now it's judgement day. Suck it in Jambos.

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Since I started watcing Hibs, I've seen them win a couple of cups, play European football, build a fantastic modern stadium, build a purpose built training facility and play some tremendous football. I won't deny it's been tough along the way but I'm still watching and Hibs are still here.

GGTTHibees
06-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Brilliant post! GGTTH

superfurryhibby
06-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Our obsession with them is becoming embarrassing and gives them too much priority in the scheme of things. We should get our own hoose in order before crowing too much. That said, bye, bye jamtarts!

harry-hibee
06-04-2014, 04:31 PM

It is now 4 times they have been relegated in that time and this will be their 5th time in the second tier as one year they didn't come straight back up the after going down. In the three seasons that they did gain promotion only once did they achieve this as champions.

Wighty76
06-04-2014, 04:48 PM
5 1 I will give them just like we have 7 0 and 6 2. But this 1902 crap? You would think that it's been hearts single handedly denying us a Scottish cup win for the last century.

I'm well chuffed they got relegated and it's not because I'm bitter. They need brought down a level or two.

To me they are a bunch of failed glory hunters. They give us stick for being a poor team and go on about how they are bigger and better and that's why they support them. At least we have kept the faith through the hard times. It will be interesting to see how they react.

Being relegated is just the start of the pain. Hibs done well to bounce up straight away but if they survive the big L I seriously doubt they will be able to pull it off and get promoted at the first attempt. And that's not looking at it with the old green specks on.

i have been a Hibby since about 1984 and just like everyone else the good times have been few and far between. But I have supported them whenever I could and I have passed the tradition onto my kids.

We are due a wee bit glory. I hope it's soon. Until then we will keep the faith and soldier on.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: