PDA

View Full Version : Mondays meeting has been postponed

Waxy
05-04-2014, 08:07 AM
I had a meeting on monday but it's been put off for now.
So i've a long weekend, and was thinking how many points are we going to pick up between now and the end of the season?
This is my guess and it's me being optimistic.
Aberdeen 1pt
St Mirren 1pt
Hearts 1pt
Partick 3pts
Ross co 0pts
Killie 1pt

That would keep us safe.How many points do you think we'll g

Niffy
05-04-2014, 08:08 AM
tut tut

Cabbage East
05-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Pathetic.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 08:12 AM
I had a meeting on monday but it's been put off for now.
So i've a long weekend, and was thinking how many points are we going to pick up between now and the end of the season?
This is my guess and it's me being optimistic.
Aberdeen 1pt
St Mirren 1pt
Hearts 1pt
Partick 3pts
Ross co 0pts
Killie 1pt

That would keep us safe.How many points do you think we'll g

Only 1 point against Hearts? :hmmm:

Waxy
05-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Theyve beaten us 3 times. I thought we'd win last sunday. My there's alot of grumpy sods around here

Hibercelona
05-04-2014, 08:15 AM

A big generous wouldn't you say?

Nando™
05-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Theyve beaten us 3 times. I thought we'd win last sunday. My there's alot of grumpy sods around here

They never beat anyone on Sunday, they were given points by the officials.

Waxy
05-04-2014, 08:20 AM
True

Hibercelona
05-04-2014, 08:26 AM

Naw, they were given the points by us on Sunday due to our gutless performance.

Danderhall Hibs
05-04-2014, 08:29 AM

Did you switch the tv off before we scored?

Hibercelona
05-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Did you switch the tv off before we scored?

I was watching the game before we scored, I was watching the game when we scored, I was watching the game after we scored. Besides the goal, their goalkeeper had nothing to try and save.

It's easy to zoom into one decision and blame it on the entire outcome of the game, while ignoring the rest.

But lets be honest, the real reason we were beaten is because the opposition worked harder and wanted it more.

We were lacklustre and we paid the price for it. There's no point trying to kid ourselves about it.

matty_f
05-04-2014, 08:44 AM
I was watching the game before we scored, I was watching the game when we scored, I was watching the game after we scored. Besides the goal, their goalkeeper had nothing to try and save.

It's easy to zoom into one decision and blame it on the entire outcome of the game, while ignoring the rest.

But lets be honest, the real reason we were beaten is because the opposition worked harder and wanted it more.

We were lacklustre and we paid the price for it. There's no point trying to kid ourselves about it.

We controlled the second half, legitimately put the ball in the net for a goal which we deserved. A terrible decision denied us anything from that game.
How many good goals should we have scored to be in a position to say we deserved it?

Nando™
05-04-2014, 09:05 AM

"Lacklustre, gutless" yet we still scored after a lot of pressure on their defence.

That one decision did have a huge impact on the game, specifically us leaving with zero points rather than at least 1.

Dashing Bob S
05-04-2014, 09:06 AM

I agree with this. It was a poor decision, but overall Hearts were worthy winners - unlike their two previous victories. We looked dispassionate, uninspired and leaderless.

Pete
05-04-2014, 09:06 AM
The thread title is not awesome.

Mikey
05-04-2014, 09:07 AM

I was asked "that question" again the other day. You know the one, I'm asked it quite often.

And when I said "yes hes is" I got the usual reply............... "Are you sure?".

Can you imagine why I'm asked the same question again and again?

Nailrod
05-04-2014, 09:48 AM
I was asked "that question" again the other day. You know the one, I'm asked it quite often.

And when I said "yes hes is" I got the usual reply............... "Are you sure?".

Given that our last three games against bottom six opposition have been against the bottom three teams, and we've been gubbed in all of them and conceded eight goals in the process, I find Hibercelona's pessimism about our current predicament a lot more realistic than any amount of empty bravado (and at this stage it is really, really empty) about how we're going to 'gub the yams' and 'send them down', and how happy days will be here again once Terry's 'emptied the impostors' and 'brought in his own guys'.

Pete
05-04-2014, 10:01 AM
I find Hibercelona's pessimism about our current predicament a lot more realistic than any amount of empty bravado (and at this stage it is really, really empty) about how we're going to 'gub the yams' and 'send them down', and how happy days will be here again once Terry's 'emptied the impostors' and 'brought in his own guys'.

I'm not sure that looking forward to guys being emptied, looking at what TB has done and thinking the future will be bright is "empty bravado"

There's realism and there's negativity just for the sake of it. It's as if some have become so bitter about certain situations that negativity has become the default position regarding anything hibs and they are now incapable of seeing the wood for the trees. Sad.

Phil D. Rolls
05-04-2014, 10:02 AM

Sorry, my hangover has clearly meant I missed the humour in your post.

So if we had been given a legitimate goal, it wouldn't have been deserved? If they were as good as you are saying then why we're they only winning 1-0, at that point? There was 10 minutes to go and we were slowly gaining the upper hand.

It's fair to say we were spineless after the goal was chopped off, but the stats will show we were putting some pressure on them in the lead up to it.

I'm pretty sure he isn't.

eggbamyasi
05-04-2014, 10:42 AM

Honestly your posts constantly negative . We all know were **** at moment. We all have a moan about it . Its really obvious why were **** . Yet on almost every thread you post on , even if the chat is about somthing slightly positive like new players , next season etc etc .you come in with the same depressing stuff thats been said before about 200 times . And some of your stuff like the training ground nonsense is just bizzare . Sorry to have a go but theres plenty threads that people including myself go on that are made to have a moan on discuss the problems . Go moan on them or actually contribute to the slightly more positve or intresting threads on topic . This of course is my opinion . and its a free world blah blah blah , we are poor blah blah blah . Etc etc etc .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mikey
05-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Given that our last three games against bottom six opposition have been against the bottom three teams, and we've been gubbed in all of them and conceded eight goals in the process, I find Hibercelona's pessimism about our current predicament a lot more realistic than any amount of empty bravado (and at this stage it is really, really empty) about how we're going to 'gub the yams' and 'send them down', and how happy days will be here again once Terry's 'emptied the impostors' and 'brought in his own guys'.

I can't help it if people come up to me and ask the question.

HFC 0-7
05-04-2014, 10:59 AM
We controlled the second half, legitimately put the ball in the net for a goal which we deserved. A terrible decision denied us anything from that game.
How many good goals should we have scored to be in a position to say we deserved it?

Im not not sure where this 'controlled' the game is coming from, we didn't control anything in my opinion. We haven't controlled the game in a long time to be honest. We had a good spell, that's it. Yes we had a goal chopped off but I am not sure we would have got anything from the game. Playing bottom of the league, a team that is in turmoil and has lost many of its players. Many players inexperienced, we should control the game from start to finish, not be in it for short spells. Besides, they still scored 2 goals to our 1.

If we go into a game and the opposition wants it more and our players do not play well, we deserve to get beat.

We need to stop moaning about ref decisions, the ref could give us a goal head start every game but we would still be a honking football team, and probably still get beat.

HFC 0-7
05-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Honestly your posts constantly negative . We all know were **** at moment. We all have a moan about it . Its really obvious why were **** . Yet on almost every thread you post on , even if the chat is about somthing slightly positive like new players , next season etc etc .you come in with the same depressing stuff thats been said before about 200 times . And some of your stuff like the training ground nonsense is just bizzare . Sorry to have a go but theres plenty threads that people including myself go on that are made to have a moan on discuss the problems . Go moan on them or actually contribute to the slightly more positve or intresting threads on topic . This of course is my opinion . and its a free world blah blah blah , we are poor blah blah blah . Etc etc etc .

You are moaning about people moaning. People are just more realistic than others, people want to believe that things are better than they actually are.

we are crap and have been for a long time. If you took your car to the garage to get fixed because it kept breaking down, every time the mechanic said it's fixed I have replaced parts and then you get half way down the road it breaks down again. How positive would you be about new parts fixing the problem?

you would probably just get a new car, you wouldn't persist with it constantly letting you down

Hibs are different, it's a passion to follow them and people's views get clouded, some people refuse to believe its as bad as it is, some people get so angry that all they can see are the bad points.

eggbamyasi
05-04-2014, 11:25 AM
You are moaning about people moaning. People are just more realistic than others, people want to believe that things are better than they actually are.

we are crap and have been for a long time. If you took your car to the garage to get fixed because it kept breaking down, every time the mechanic said it's fixed I have replaced parts and then you get half way down the road it breaks down again. How positive would you be about new parts fixing the problem?

you would probably just get a new car, you wouldn't persist with it constantly letting you down

Hibs are different, it's a passion to follow them and people's views get clouded, some people refuse to believe its as bad as it is, some people get so angry that all they can see are the bad points.

Im not moaning about people moaning . Im just politely as possible telling him to shut up and moan on the designated moaning threads titled , " we are **** " or "why are we crap " or " whats happened to hibs " . What annoys me is its on all threads even ones that has nothing to do with why were so **** ! and I dont beleive things are better than they are . Sometimes me and im sure others want to talk about what we can do to change it and just genrally a wee bit of positive threads . I understand what your saying dave . And I totally agree people can moan and curse how ***** we are (I do it too ) just saying theres threads titled just to do that .

Keith_M
05-04-2014, 11:35 AM
How about the Admins produce three threads per day entitled 'Hibs are sh*te', then post the exact same arguments as on this thread, over and over and over.....

It would save a lot of people an awful lot of posts.

--------------

OK, to my viewpoint.

Hibs are going to win all their remaining games, with the current players showing Butcher that they are all worth new contracts. He'll then have his pick of who to keep and only require a couple of new signings in the summer.

We'll then go on an unbeaten pre-season tour of germany, winning plaudits for our skillful, fast flowing football. Germany will dedicate a football academy to Hibernian, determined to teach future generations of Germans to play football the real way, as demonstrated by TBGAWA this summer.

We will then go on to have the first ever unbeaten season, winning the treble while doing so and having to play most of our home matches at Murrayfield, to be able to accomodate the circa 60k average crowds.

Anyway, must go, I need my medication now :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
05-04-2014, 11:41 AM

St Johnstone aint a bottom 3 team mate...but yr right about partick th and yams

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

eggbamyasi
05-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Reading back my shut up was a bit harsh . Take it back . I just came on to mabey reply to op. And as usual at the mo hes on to how **** we are and the hearts game . Changing thread to another topic . Meh just in bit of rage this morning . Bugger it lol

HFC 0-7
05-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Im not moaning about people moaning . Im just politely as possible telling him to shut up and moan on the designated moaning threads titled , " we are **** " or "why are we crap " or " whats happened to hibs " . What annoys me is its on all threads even ones that has nothing to do with why were so **** ! and I dont beleive things are better than they are . Sometimes me and im sure others want to talk about what we can do to change it and just genrally a wee bit of positive threads . I understand what your saying dave . And I totally agree people can moan and curse how ***** we are (I do it too ) just saying theres threads titled just to do that .

Apologies mate, you are right though, there are treads better suited for rants etc. it's just **** when fans start having a go at each other. Anyway back on topic, knew the thread title was too good to be true!

Nailrod
05-04-2014, 02:46 PM
St Johnstone aint a bottom 3 team mate...but yr right about partick th and yams

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Where's pedantic when you need him?

The point I was trying to make is that from now on we're going to be playing bottom six sides, and our last three outings against them leave little room for optimism. The fact we got beat by St Johnstone in the interim only confirms what a pile of keech we are.