PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's latest interview on Hibernian TV.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-04-2014, 10:40 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0DQxCnzzE#

Longer than usual interview. The man talks a lot of sense, but seems to me that he keeps repeating himself nearly every week. Decent interview nonetheless.

Thoughts?

EdinMike
04-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Was about to post this myself, listening to him he talks a good game and seems like he is as upset as we are.

I believe in him. :tbgwa:

The Green Goblin
04-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Pretty serious, honest and open from TB. He looks pretty worn down though.

Boyle89
05-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Pretty serious, honest and open from TB. He looks pretty worn down though.

He looks tired. I hope he can come back refreshed and with new ideas and players next season.

macd123
05-04-2014, 03:13 AM
3I m a bit worried about all the clear out talk. We have heard it all before. At some point we are going to need someone to just coach and get the best out of players.

Bringing in guys like haynes, watmore and boateng whilst shipping out taiwo and thomson isn't the answer. Admittedly we need to address the full back areas and one decent striker would help. But why is it that guys like heffernan and craig who have proven themselves at this level are rubbish here? Craig proved himself playing behind the striker. Yet we play him at DM then wonder why he is playing so badly.

Look at aberdeen. They added 3 decent players. There was no clear out. They have got the most out of guys like Peter pawlett who has been great this season. We are so wasteful it's incredible. We have to coach our players not just ship in 10 new ones of a a similar standard.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-04-2014, 03:52 AM
3I m a bit worried about all the clear out talk. We have heard it all before. At some point we are going to need someone to just coach and get the best out of players.

Bringing in guys like haynes, watmore and boateng whilst shipping out taiwo and thomson isn't the answer. Admittedly we need to address the full back areas and one decent striker would help. But why is it that guys like heffernan and craig who have proven themselves at this level are rubbish here? Craig proved himself playing behind the striker. Yet we play him at DM then wonder why he is playing so badly.

Look at aberdeen.They added 3 decent players. There was no clear out. They have got the most out of guys like Peter pawlett who has been great this season. We are so wasteful it's incredible. We have to coach our players not just ship in 10 new ones of a a similar standard.

Aberdeen let 13 players go:

Rory Fallon
Mitch Megginson
Rob Milsom
Gary Naysmith
Isaac Osbourne
Gavin Rae
Dan Twardzik
Stephen Hughes
Jordon Brown
Scott MacAulay
Zach Szemis
Stuart Close
Jamie Hamilton

So yes, there actually was a clearout.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-13-players-leave-club-1887169

Jim44
05-04-2014, 04:15 AM

Rory Fallon
Mitch Megginson
Rob Milsom
Gary Naysmith
Isaac Osbourne
Gavin Rae
Dan Twardzik
Stephen Hughes
Jordon Brown
Scott MacAulay
Zach Szemis
Stuart Close
Jamie Hamilton

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-13-players-leave-club-1887169

I didn't think theirs had been so extensive. A clearout is the only answer whether or not we survive this season. The clearout is the easiest part as those involved can have any quibbles with the decision after the dire performances and results this season. A half-hearted patch-up job will only lead to another groundhog day by christmas so I expect to see a totally unrecognisable team in July. There is no alernative.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-04-2014, 06:35 AM
A clear out is now crucial. However, I still think its been incredibly poor from Butcher to not be able to get more out of the squad at his disposal. I'm confident that I could have managed them to at least one win in thirteen to be honest!

Tyler Durden
05-04-2014, 06:50 AM

Rory Fallon
Mitch Megginson
Rob Milsom
Gary Naysmith
Isaac Osbourne
Gavin Rae
Dan Twardzik
Stephen Hughes
Jordon Brown
Scott MacAulay
Zach Szemis
Stuart Close
Jamie Hamilton

Only about 6 there are first teamers. Equivalent of Hibs releasing Horribine or Caldwell, most of them.

The previous poster is correct that we need more from guys who will remain under contract. We can't afford to get rid

down-the-slope
05-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Thoughts?

Pretty downbeat and seems to have stepped back from criticising the players - even mentioned players being contracted for next season (think he may be finding out that the fact we pay better than most can make it cushy for some to just coast along with no motivation to move on even if not involved)
Thought Sleighty was having to steer / pull the questions / answers - like about supporters having renewed despite etc

Bobby's Cinema
05-04-2014, 11:13 AM
He watches the same as us. He knows how bad we are. In all honesty I think the inconsistency in his interviews, and team selections have not helped us, but I can't blame him too much for trying different approaches none of which the players have responded to.

We can only look forward to the work he is going to do in his first real window in the summer, providing we stay up. Looking forward to seeing the back of more than a few. There's not too much room for error, but there's a reason we took on this management team. We must stick with him :aok:

PeeJay
05-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Wasn't impressed by the interview myself - he seems a bit lost or unsure as to what he should be doing with the team - not a good sign. Didn't give us any insights into what went wrong on Sunday and what might go right on Monday and beyond ... doesn't fill me with any confidence ....

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
I'm not sure what we want from these interviews? He cant come on and tell everyone the ref was a prick, he cant come on and tell us we cant even do the basics right and lambast players like McGivern and Nelson for booting the ball as far as they can, when a simple pass to a team mate in space is on.

He wont admit it to the camera, but our team are just not very good. And any permutation he's tried has come back and kicked him in the baws. He's tried telling them privately how crap they are, he's even tried telling them they are not needed next season, a mistake in my opinion.

On the club tv station, we will never get any scoops, we wont get any scandal, what we will get is more bland statements that every club do.

PeeJay
05-04-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm not sure what we want from these interviews? He cant come on and tell everyone the ref was a prick, he cant come on and tell us we cant even do the basics right and lambast players like McGivern and Nelson for booting the ball as far as they can, when a simple pass to a team mate in space is on.

He wont admit it to the camera, but our team are just not very good. And any permutation he's tried has come back and kicked him in the baws. He's tried telling them privately how crap they are, he's even tried telling them they are not needed next season, a mistake in my opinion.

On the club tv station, we will never get any scoops, we wont get any scandal, what we will get is more bland statements that every club do.

Perhaps, I'm more used to German coaches being more analytical with their post-match comments or pr-match interviews - would like to have heard what his game plan was, why it didn't work, how he hopes to approach the Aberdeen game. He doesn't have to diss players on a personal level, but he is perfectly entitled to criticise on a professional level with regard to attitude, discipline, commitment, failure to stick to (or understand) tactical plans or inability to adopt basic footballing skills in a high-profile derby ... a manager who says "I can't get this team to work" is not only providing us with a reflection of the players at his disposal, but also of his own failings: I expected our manager to achieve more with this bunch of players.

Jones28
05-04-2014, 12:38 PM

Rory Fallon
Mitch Megginson
Rob Milsom
Gary Naysmith
Isaac Osbourne
Gavin Rae
Dan Twardzik
Stephen Hughes
Jordon Brown
Scott MacAulay
Zach Szemis
Stuart Close
Jamie Hamilton

Were those bottom 6 players plus Mitch Megginson not youngsters though? Not that it makes much difference but its not as if they were shipping out a squad of first team players.

Listening to the interview now and I can't help but feel positive about TB as manager. :aok:

Jones28
05-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Wasn't impressed by the interview myself - he seems a bit lost or unsure as to what he should be doing with the team - not a good sign. Didn't give us any insights into what went wrong on Sunday and what might go right on Monday and beyond ... doesn't fill me with any confidence ....

I think Terry, like us on here, is just hoping for a positive end to the season and most importantly for it to be done with and get the team sorted.

Hibstrooper
05-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I think we should start a weekly talk show live from East Mains as every week the team seem to have a "good and honest chat"

shagpile
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Perhaps, I'm more used to German coaches being more analytical with their post-match comments or pr-match interviews - would like to have heard what his game plan was, why it didn't work, how he hopes to approach the Aberdeen game. He doesn't have to diss players on a personal level, but he is perfectly entitled to criticise on a professional level with regard to attitude, discipline, commitment, failure to stick to (or understand) tactical plans or inability to adopt basic footballing skills in a high-profile derby ... a manager who says "I can't get this team to work" is not only providing us with a reflection of the players at his disposal, but also of his own failings: I expected our manager to achieve more with this bunch of players.

The simple answer is he doesn't know why the game plan didn't work. His approach to the Aberdeen game will be no different & the outcome will be no different. His tactics are simple......get the ball forward as quickly as possible. Preferably in the air. In other words , he's lost.
And will remain so no matter how many players he brings in.

marinello59
05-04-2014, 01:18 PM
I think we should start a weekly talk show live from East Mains as every week the team seem to have a "good and honest chat"

:agree:
With Maurice Malpas in a Jeremy Kyle type role. Have you been cheating the fans? Coming up after the break, the results of the bullscheite detector tests.

OsloHibs
05-04-2014, 01:21 PM
What a difference a few months make from his 1st interview..

PeeJay
05-04-2014, 02:03 PM
The simple answer is he doesn't know why the game plan didn't work. His approach to the Aberdeen game will be no different & the outcome will be no different. His tactics are simple......get the ball forward as quickly as possible. Preferably in the air. In other words , he's lost.

Jings ... that''s cheered me up no end, cheers :greengrin

marinello59
05-04-2014, 02:19 PM

You are not heading down on Monday then?:greengrin

Ronniekirk
05-04-2014, 02:32 PM
I think Terry, like us on here, is just hoping for a positive end to the season and most importantly for it to be done with and get the team sorted.
We all accept that ,but he has to realise he is now responsible for taking a team that was grinding out the odd win and looking comfortable mid table ,to the point we are at just now ,which is the team other bottom six clubs believe they can beat .He needs to pick the right team which he hasn't been doing recently ,he needs to motivate them ,make them more resilient and get them playing in a way that can create chances like they were doing when he first arrived .Someone then has to show a bit of bottle and put those chances away .

shagpile
05-04-2014, 02:56 PM
You are not heading down on Monday then?:greengrin

I would rather head for Boroughbriggs on Monday, & there is no game there!!!!!

superfurryhibby
05-04-2014, 02:59 PM

Sadly, what you say appears to be the case. We seem rudderless and Butcher has failed to provide a coherent strategy so far. I really hoped he could get more from the players and that they were better than Pat's results suggested. Seems not.

It's looking grim. I really hope and pray we avoid the play offs. If we don't then we're going down. No balls for the fight, the Raith game said it all to me. We clearly have better players than a bottom end lower division team, but no spirit.

marinello59
05-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I would rather head for Boroughbriggs on Monday, & there is no game there!!!!!

You really are hacked off. :greengrin

RIP
05-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Saw a great game today. We were 2-1 up at half time, weathered a storm in the second half and with 3 clinical attacks put the game to bed. 5-1 at the finish. Cammy was 16 during the week and got applause from the whole team when he got subbed in the 80th minute.

Oldest son's comment was it was great that both teams kept the ball down.

After today's results in the Premiership we noticed that Hibs have scored 4 less goals than any other team in the top league. Nobody expects the team to win many games but it would be good to see proper fitba and more than one goal a game.