PDA

View Full Version : The attempted takover of Hibs 1990

Waxy
04-04-2014, 05:56 PM
It's getting messy in the meltdown thread about this.
1990 was awful.I believe that if Duff had sold out to them we would have risen again.
Makes me happy to have Petrie and Farmer.

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2014, 06:12 PM
It was over 23 years ago, my happiness has waned quite a bit since then.

matty_f
04-04-2014, 06:20 PM
It was over 23 years ago, my happiness has waned quite a bit since then.

Impatient, IMHO. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Impatient, IMHO. :greengrin

:greengrin While we should always be grateful, there comes a time and mines has been and gone, where i'm more interested in what we are going to do under STF's ownership, than what he did for us in the past.

Someone who does not want to be involved in the day to day running of the club like he is, is in my opinion letting the club stagnate. We need someone who owns us to be dynamic and a leader, STF is neither.

matty_f
04-04-2014, 06:32 PM
:greengrin While we should always be grateful, there comes a time and mines has been and gone, where i'm more interested in what we are going to do under STF's ownership, than what he did for us in the past.

Someone who does not want to be involved in the day to day running of the club like he is, is in my opinion letting the club stagnate. We need someone who owns us to be dynamic and a leader, STF is neither.

I think we can get away with a passive owner if we've got someone assuming responsibility for the club with the right drive, energy, and ambition.

That's what (IMHO) is lacking at the moment, the owner is neither here nor there,really. We are stagnating at best, at worst going backwards and that's because we don't have that energy and high demand from the top running through the club.

STF can be as passive as he likes as he, I imagine, has little impact or influence on the day to day running of the club. I am sure he'd be delighted if we had someone that pushed the club on and started achieving more so long as that person remained true to the fundamental principle of remaining sustainable.

weonlywon6-2
05-04-2014, 08:30 AM

Exactly, we will always admire STF for saving Hibs but it would be great to move on again, dunno who is out there willing to waste a lot of money on a football club, maybe we should be sending emails to billionaires across the world to get them interested in buying Hibs as well as sending them to Lithuania:greengrin

jgl07
05-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Exactly, we will always admire STF for saving Hibs but it would be great to move on again, dunno who is out there willing to waste a lot of money on a football club, maybe we should be sending emails to billionaires across the world to get them interested in buying Hibs as well as sending them to Lithuania:greengrin
The fact is that there is no-one out there. If anyone did emerge we would have to question their motives! We have seen charlatans like Romanov, Di Stefano, and Whyte come in and wreak havoc. We have seen well-meaning fools like John Boyle fail to break the mould. We have incompetents like the Kelly Family at Celtic and Jim McLean at United not to mention the Deans at Falkirk.

How many genuine White Knights have come in? Fergus McCann and to an extent Thomson at United are all I can think of.

Let's face it the SPFL is a basket case. Who would want to 'invest' money here?

The likes of Tom Farmer and Milne at least provide stability.

MrSmith
05-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Is Dougie Comb/Cromb still about? He was a great chairman :) His drive and determination is really missing.

Keith_M
05-04-2014, 10:45 AM
I think whoever's currently Chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association should be appointed Chairman of Hibs, until the next AGM.

There should then be a bi-annual vote to re/elect the Chairman. Anyone with membership of the Association would be given a vote.

Whaddaya all think?

:wink:

Niffy
05-04-2014, 10:55 AM
We sorely miss someone with the steel of Kenny McLean on the board.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2014, 10:57 AM
I think whoever's currently Chairman of the Hibs Supporters Association should be appointed Chairman of Hibs, until the next AGM.

There should then be a bi-annual vote to re/elect the Chairman. Anyone with membership of the Association would be given a vote.

Whaddaya all think?

http://youtu.be/gIAVQA2TioQ

brog
05-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Is Dougie Comb/Cromb still about? He was a great chairman :) His drive and determination is really missing.

Dougie was a fine fellow but you're sadly mistaken if you think he was a dynamic Chairman.

MrSmith
05-04-2014, 11:57 AM
Dougie was a fine fellow but you're sadly mistaken if you think he was a dynamic Chairman.

dynamic probs a step in wrong direction but was a good chairman nonetheless.

delbert
05-04-2014, 12:19 PM
1990 was awful.I believe that if Duff had sold out to them we would have risen again.

One name I haven't seen mentioned much yet and who was pivotal in surviving was Sheila Rowland who refused to sell her shares to Mercer, all the more creditable when you consider her husband David was also a director at the time and had agreed to sell his stake. Interesting conversations over breakfast at that time in that household but had she sold up, I believe Mercer would have had enough to proceed to kill us off.

superfurryhibby
05-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Given STF is now in his mid70's, It would be interesting to hear him say something about how he sees the future of the club, especially with respect to how and when he hands over ownership. Surely he must have some strategy? It would be rather strange if he didn't.

Keith_M
05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Things I've learned from rabid Hearts fans:

1) Hearts fans saved Hibs from Mercer in 1990 by having massive protests against the takeover

2) Hibs went into Administration in 1990 and dumped millions in debt, including all taxes due.

3) Hibs owe their very existence to Hearts. Apparently, all the other clubs were against us joining the SFA in the early years but Hearts talked them round.

4) Hibs are cheats because we've been living off money from Tom Farmer, i.e. money not earned by the club, and using it to pay our bills for over 20 years.

5) Hibs are cheats because we haven't yet paid off the mortgage on our stadium.

6) Hibs true debt is nearer 20 million than the 6 million claimed by the club and we'll soon be in Administration... oh and we're cheats.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-04-2014, 03:41 PM

1) Hearts fans saved Hibs from Mercer in 1990 by having massive protests against the takeover

2) Hibs went into Administration in 1990 and dumped millions in debt, including all taxes due.

3) Hibs owe their very existence to Hearts. Apparently, all the other clubs were against us joining the SFA in the early years but Hearts talked them round.

4) Hibs are cheats because we've been living off money from Tom Farmer, i.e. money not earned by the club, and using it to pay our bills for over 20 years.

6) Hibs true debt is nearer 20 million than the 6 million claimed by the club and we'll soon be in Administration... oh and we're cheats.

They are so right.

I feel so ashamed right now.

I need to have a good think and revaluate my life

05-04-2014, 03:51 PM

Astonishing that those deluded morons have the mordacity to call other clubs "cheats" after all their corruption, thieving and conning to cheat their way to glory. They just don't see it at all do they. And did they HELL "save us" - what an absolutely laughable statement for them to make. There was a small small minority of hearts supporters that attended the HOH rallys but the vast majority of them were revelling in our misery and wanted us dead.

weecounty hibby
05-04-2014, 06:10 PM

Things I've learned from Hearts fans
1. They are all total fannies
2. They all revise history to suit themselves
3. They are all total fannies
4. They all tell lies
5. They are all total fannies

Mr White
05-04-2014, 06:26 PM
Did david rowland ever take an active role in the running of the club? Did he attend games or was he more of a background investor?

Kato
05-04-2014, 06:32 PM
There was a small small minority of hearts supporters that attended the HOH rallys

Wasn't even that many - there was a token amount. 30 is being generous, under 20 is more realistic.

Hiber-nation
05-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Wasn't even that many - there was a token amount. 30 is being generous, under 20 is more realistic.

Robbo (if you class him as a jambo), Steve Cardownie and a man and his wee laddie in the centre stand are all I can recall at the rally at Easter Road.

Peevemor
05-04-2014, 06:39 PM
http://youtu.be/gIAVQA2TioQ

One name I haven't seen mentioned much yet and who was pivotal in surviving was Sheila Rowland who refused to sell her shares to Mercer, all the more creditable when you consider her husband David was also a director at the time and had agreed to sell his stake. Interesting conversations over breakfast at that time in that household but had she sold up, I believe Mercer would have had enough to proceed to kill us off.

They were already divorced when Rowland made her his voice in the boardroom. The rest is correct.

very old hibby
05-04-2014, 06:43 PM

there was a photo in the paper of one jambo and his 2 very young kids they were in the old main stand,to be quite honest I cant say there was any more than that,they can spout all their lies now but 99.9% of them rejoiced at what was happening

Peevemor
05-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Did david rowland ever take an active role in the running of the club? Did he attend games or was he more of a background investor?

Rowland's only interest in Hibs was making a fast buck. He funded Duff's takeover in return for a very large chunk of the shareholding. Money raised from the share issue (as well as bank loans) was then used to buy the loss making Avon Inns group from another of his companies. He then approached the FTB and kicked off the takeover bid.

I'm not sure he ever set foot in the stadium as he spent most of his time in Monaco.

The Falcon
05-04-2014, 06:51 PM
They were already divorced when Rowland made her his voice in the boardroom. The rest is correct.

Was she actually a shareholder?

Peevemor
05-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Was she actually a shareholder?

I'm fairly certain she was. If not she certainly had voting rights for a block of the shares.

Mr White
05-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Rowland's only interest in Hibs was making a fast buck. He funded Duff's takeover in return for a very large chunk of the shareholding. Money raised from the share issue (as well as bank loans) was then used to buy the loss making Avon Inns group from another of his companies. He then approached the FTB and kicked off the takeover bid.

I'm not sure he ever set foot in the stadium as he spent most of his time in Monaco.

Cheers for that, don't know much about the duff and gray era pre-1990.

Peevemor
05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
There's some interesting stuff on here.

http://users.quista.net/fraserp/handsoff/handsoff.htm

Viva_Palmeiras
05-04-2014, 07:04 PM
That'll be FAILED takeover

Kato
05-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Robbo (if you class him as a jambo), Steve Cardownie and a man and his wee laddie in the centre stand are all I can recall at the rally at Easter Road.

Ron Brown too, there was two Jambos on the east as well.

I don't count Cardownie, his advice was basically to give up and move to Meadowbank. Him and Ron Brown had an argument in The Clan about this. For me Cardownie was a trojan horse.

Hearts fans had zero effect on the outcome and did little in the way of opposing WM, the overwhelming majority wouldn't have cared one jot if WM had won and did nothing at all to stop him.

Hiber-nation
05-04-2014, 07:10 PM

I don't count Cardownie, his advice was basically to give up and move to Meadowbank. Him and Ron Brown had an argument in The Clan about this. For me Cardownie was a trojan horse.

Hearts fans had zero effect on the outcome and did little in the way of opposing WM, the overwhelming majority wouldn't have cared one jot if WM had won and did nothing at all to stop him.

Yep, most of the ones I knew were more than happy for the takeover to go ahead.

Kato
05-04-2014, 07:12 PM
more than happy

..some gleefully and vindictively.

haagsehibby
05-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Can we change the title of the thread. That was no attempted takeover, it was an attempt to destroy Hibs - no more, no less.

Mr White
There's some interesting stuff on here.

http://users.quista.net/fraserp/handsoff/handsoff.htm

:aok: again cheers for that, will keep me busy for a couple of hours. Just read the articles in the aftermath section and it's brought back a few distant memories. My dad took me to the forum at the usher hall. I was 10 and most of it went over my head but I remember duff telling everyone we needed to unite and together we'd beat mercers takeover. Also remember the respect and support given to kenny mclean. If future tributes are to be made at easter road in memory of important people in the club's past then he would surely be a candidate for something to be named after him.

Peevemor
Cheers for that, don't know much about the duff and gray era pre-1990.

I'm fairly certain that Duff and Gray honestly wanted to live the dream and do their best for Hibs, however they didn't have the dosh themselves so that's where Rowland the shark came in and royally did them over. During FTB's bid, Duff broke company law by refusing to sell his shares.

Duff was later sent to prison for defrauding a flying club, though I suspect he was rooked given that he'd have little credibility left as a lawyer after the mess he got into with Rowland. Rowland was as guilty, if not more, than Mercer in the whole sorry episode.

One thing for sure though is that the Hibs community rallied in a way that our pathetic neighbours can only dream about.

Mr White
05-04-2014, 07:17 PM
One thing for sure though is that the Hibs community rallied in a way that our pathetic neighbours can only dream about.

:agree:

thebakerboy
05-04-2014, 07:54 PM

I don't think Rowland could come into the UK at that time due to tax problems , as I read in a copy of the Financial Times on a plane going on holiday. After reading the article I decide not to buy into the share issue and instead bought a very nice watch for both my wife and I. He was another tax dodger and lived in Monaco I believe , as did Wallet Mercenary later in life , but after returning to the UK became for a time chairman of the Tory Party .

jdships
05-04-2014, 07:58 PM

:agree:
I was at one of the Mercer/Duff & Gray meetings in Fife where the pair attended and never spoke to each other .
Mrs R never wavered from not wanting to sell to Mercer :thumbsup:

05-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm fairly certain that Duff and Gray honestly wanted to live the dream and do their best for Hibs, however they didn't have the dosh themselves so that's where Rowland the shark came in and royally did them over. During FTB's bid, Duff broke company law by refusing to sell his shares.

Duff was later sent to prison for defrauding a flying club, though I suspect he was rooked given that he'd have little credibility left as a lawyer after the mess he got into with Rowland. Rowland was as guilty, if not more, than Mercer in the whole sorry episode.

100% this

Kaiser1962
05-04-2014, 08:10 PM

Had been divorced for a few years and Spotty had remarried. Sheila Rowland (a solicitor) continued to act on his behalf following the divorce.

While David Rowland was Hibs largest shareholder at the time he was not a director of the company.

jdships
05-04-2014, 08:42 PM

I was involved in a very small way with the Mercer fiasco but it allowed me to meet some important " players" in the whole sorry mess .
Duff had a vision for Hibs to create revenue through " outside" enterprises , I.E. Hotels/Night Clubs/entertainment venues .
This was fine in principle but unfortunately the two he acquired had been struggling , financially ,for some time and needed an injection of cash which he didn't have .

As we all know an all too familiar story !

Hibs thanks to many people survived !!

leggeto
05-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I was only 15 at the time so never really new much about what was going on,I just thought it was only FTB who was involved,now know there was a few,and the fans with Kenny MacLean who would not let it happen,Its been a lesson on this site about this hostile takeover,I never knew half the ***** that went on.

One Day
05-04-2014, 09:12 PM

yes that's true. they were more than happy to watch us go under. Don't let them tell you otherwise

--------
05-04-2014, 09:59 PM

Yeah, right.

Saved from sudden death; condemned to the death of a thousand cuts.

My happiness at the presence of Petrie in particular at ER right now is somewhat less than rapturous.

We are in the deep, deep doo-doo creek with not a paddle in sight right now.

I want Petrie GONE.

heretoday
05-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Yep, most of the ones I knew were more than happy for the takeover to go ahead.
Well most of the ones I knew weren't. So there you go. I suppose we'll never know now will we?

jacomo
06-04-2014, 07:36 AM
What interesting from those articles is Mercer presenting it as some sort of Edinburgh United FC. A new team with a new name, playing in new colours in a new stadium. As I recall, this pretence quickly evaporated - it became clear that Hibs' heritage would disappear, but can't remember if Mercer became more explicit about this.

Jonnyboy
06-04-2014, 08:22 PM
We sorely miss someone with the steel of Kenny McLean on the board.

So true Niffy :agree:

Hiber-nation
06-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Well most of the ones I knew weren't. So there you go. I suppose we'll never know now will we?

Most of my mates are of the jambo persuasion and it did get a bit vitriolic at times. Thankfully we're all older and wiser now :wink:

blairwallace
06-04-2014, 08:40 PM
curious question here, but what's the list of every owner of hibs? 1875 till current.

Kato
06-04-2014, 08:58 PM
What interesting from those articles is Mercer presenting it as some sort of Edinburgh United FC. A new team with a new name, playing in new colours in a new stadium. As I recall, this pretence quickly evaporated - it became clear that Hibs' heritage would disappear, but can't remember if Mercer became more explicit about this.

Pilmar Smith spilt the beans that the new club would be called Heart of Midlothian and play in maroon, at Tynecastle. The same day Hibs handed a copy of the petition into various places, including Tynie. Merger schmerger. Bare faced asset strip of a fellow League member was what was happening.

brog
06-04-2014, 09:00 PM

I'll probably get shouted down for this but George Foulkes & Alex Salmond came to Downing St with us to present the petition, on the same day the "terrorist" Nelson Mandela was visiting Thatcher. They were both vehemently opposed to Mercer's takeover attempt & IIRC spoke out against it on many occasions, including in the Commons. For that reason I can't really bring myself to join in the vitriol directed at them on this board, though I enjoy the read! :wink: I should say that Jim Sillars & Gavin Strang were also there & Gavin was actually the person who ensured we got access to Downing St. There were a crowd of ANC supporters in Downing St waving their scarves & flags, on which of course green figures prominently. We did manage to get a chant going of " Nelson Mandela says Hands Off Hibs" - somewhat surreal!!

Bostonhibby
06-04-2014, 09:13 PM

As I recall his offer to then Hibs shareholders made it pretty clear what he was up to ,still have it somewhere. Anyhow as one poster alludes to below, their arrogance knew no bounds and I am pretty sure they did indeed "leak" the Heart of Midlothian playing at tiny story, and why would big wally do otherwise? the plan was to build a bigger version of the butterfly over the whole site, trouser a fair profit and reduce or write of the yam debt at our expense.

Also correct that fatty foulkes actually backed us when the petition was handed in, he was climbing the slippery pole then though and daren't not be seen I guess. The real MP on our side was Gavin Strang, my old MP and a real genuine constituency MP who cared about the club.

brog
06-04-2014, 09:26 PM
As I recall his offer to then Hibs shareholders made it pretty clear what he was up to ,still have it somewhere. Anyhow as one poster alludes to below, their arrogance knew no bounds and I am pretty sure they did indeed "leak" the Heart of Midlothian playing at tiny story, and why would big wally do otherwise? the plan was to build a bigger version of the butterfly over the whole site, trouser a fair profit and reduce or write of the yam debt at our expense.

Also correct that fatty foulkes actually backed us when the petition was handed in, he was climbing the slippery pole then though and daren't not be seen I guess. The real MP on our side was Gavin Strang, my old MP and a real genuine constituency MP who cared about the club.

I'm not sure that backing Hibs against a takeover bid would necessarily have helped promote his career. Now if our club had won WW1 & were known as The Famous then that may have been different! :wink:

Bostonhibby
06-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure that backing Hibs against a takeover bid would necessarily have helped promote his career. Now if our club had won WW1 & were known as The Famous then that may have been different! :wink:

:agree: Knowing what I know about him all these years later I'd say the photo opportunity was probably less important than the possibility of a free lunch.

clerriehibs
06-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Most of my mates are of the jambo persuasion and it did get a bit vitriolic at times. Thankfully we're all older and wiser now :wink:

Your mates aren't wiser, assuming they're your average yams.

jdships
06-04-2014, 10:06 PM

You make a very interesting point indeed !!.
I attended the meeting where Mercer let slip he wanted to close down Hibs , realise all the assets and erase HHFC .
A solicitor acting for Duff/Gray , picked up on it immediately and asked Mercer to " please repeat what you just said "
There was some whispering between M and a few others and he slowly admitted that this was the plan they had in mind . The reaction around the table was just plain disbelief as M had previously tried hard to sell the idea of an Edin Utd FC .
Personally I genuinely believe that was a watershed in the " discussions " as Gray's attitude clearly hardened from there on in

:flag::flag:

mca
06-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Can we change the title of the thread. That was no attempted takeover, it was an attempt to destroy Hibs - no more, no less.

Did the Hands of Hibs campaign no uncover some illegal Wrongs.. :wink:

jacomo
06-04-2014, 11:31 PM
You make a very interesting point indeed !!.
I attended the meeting where Mercer let slip he wanted to close down Hibs , realise all the assets and erase HHFC .
A solicitor acting for Duff/Gray , picked up on it immediately and asked Mercer to " please repeat what you just said "
There was some whispering between M and a few others and he slowly admitted that this was the plan they had in mind . The reaction around the table was just plain disbelief as M had previously tried hard to sell the idea of an Edin Utd FC .
Personally I genuinely believe that was a watershed in the " discussions " as Gray's attitude clearly hardened from there on in

:flag::flag:

:aok:

Thanks for the further background. I was only a teenager at the time but recall the wider Hibs support realised that this 'merger' was nothing of the sort very quickly. Interesting to hear how the story changed from the man himself.

Incidentally, there was no affiliation to either Hearts or Hibs in my family, although I lent towards the green half of the city, but the clear injustice of this takeover confirmed me as a Hibby for ever more. My support made not a jot of difference to the outcome - but Hibs had my support.

KWJ
03-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Had a debate over beers with a Jambo who claimed we shafted a load of creditors when in admin in 1990. I argued against this and would I have been right in saying we weren't actually in administration at the time although obviously up against it?

Anyway, fascinating thread to look back on considering the time. It came up on a google search.

Leeann's appointment was made public 3 weeks later. Huge turning point for the club.

Lago
03-06-2018, 01:23 PM

Worry not fan ownership is coming & I'm reliably informed its the way forward.

JeMeSouviens
03-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Had a debate over beers with a Jambo who claimed we shafted a load of creditors when in admin in 1990. I argued against this and would I have been right in saying we weren't actually in administration at the time although obviously up against it?

Anyway, fascinating thread to look back on considering the time. It came up on a google search.

Leeann's appointment was made public 3 weeks later. Huge turning point for the club.

Aiui, the current company administration arrangements weren’t in force then. The company that is Hibs (Hibernian FC ltd) was owned by Edinburgh Hibernian plc, set up by David Duff. It was this company that Hearts attempted a hostile takeover on but failed. It ended up in receivership with HFC ltd being bought from the receiver by Sir Tom Farmer. I think STF paid creditors at that point.

Bostonhibby
03-06-2018, 01:35 PM

Leeann's appointment was made public 3 weeks later. Huge turning point for the club.As with all things yam it's best to ask for proof. There's no doubt they are the masters of administration (look at their enormous creditors list).

As ever the truth and the thieves are a million miles apart here. The new STF Hibs paid the creditors and their was no admin list.

Hell, STF is so ethical he even paid one of the creditors on the yams list of shame.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

4WAW
03-06-2018, 01:53 PM
As with all things yam it's best to ask for proof. There's no doubt they are the masters of administration (look at their enormous creditors list).

As ever the truth and the thieves are a million miles apart here. The new STF Hibs paid the creditors and their was no admin list.

Hell, STF is so ethical he even paid one of the creditors on the yams list of shame.

Exactly, yam revisionism in a nutbag.

Let the yams show a list of the creditors who were shafted and how much they were due to be paid. No such list exists simply because Sir Tom settled all debts upon acquiring the club. It is always worthwhile reminding the yams that their club was funded using pensioners savings and steel workers wages. Their club failed to repay not just football debts, but were beneficiaries of money diverted from Bosnian workers who subsequently lost their jobs.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Interesting to look back 28 years later. We finished the last campaign 18 points above them in the Premier League. We have a beautiful stadium our own state of the art Training Centre brilliant young players coming through from our Academy and are financially solvent with 12000 ST holders and counting.We also have an enthusiast young committed forward looking Manager.They on the other hand have an unfinished stadium that is starting to become a mill stone around their neck they have to rent a training facility and have an ageing Manager whose footballing philosophy is not to lose at all costs regardless of the product on display to the football paying public.

4WAW
03-06-2018, 02:19 PM
This may be a bit of a rant, but it is cathartic.

It seems that the yams always benefit from investment being put in to their club in the form of loans, debt for equity, etc. that they fail to pay back, including the loans that they failed to repay prior to the Romanov revolution. We, on the other hand, were used as cash and collateral to suck investment out of the club for Avon Inns and other dubious enterprises. The money that was raised by the front men, Duff and Gray, was wrongly invested and not what I was buying shares to support. It still rankles with me. Duff the con artist, thankfully he got some measure of punishment.

My_Wife_Camille
03-06-2018, 02:29 PM

The bit in bold is especially funny because now they all claim that all the money is getting siphoned out of the club and straight into Farmers pocket.

One minute we’re benefiting from hand outs, the next minute Farmer is bleeding the club dry.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2018, 02:34 PM
The best part was rising from the ashes like a Phoenix and winning the Scottish League Cup/Skol Cup 1991/92 and saying to the football community as a whole GIRFUY!
The Hibees are back!

03-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Got to love the irony eh. I've heard all the bull**** from hearts fans about how they rallied to save us etc etc. yes, there were some hearts fans who were against the takeover but many of them enjoyed the misery we were being put through. Never let them re-write history (as they do with most things) and make out that we owe them for saving us because it's not the case.

Fair play to the hearts fans who did stand up against it but I know for a fact that that was not the majority. Mercer epitomised what is means to be a jambo - utterly arrogant, think their something special along with all the "we are the big team" crap that they love to spout off about.

The Mercer years and then more recently the Romanov years fuelled the hearts delusion that they are some big mighty club. Now that the money is gone, the reality is starting to become clearer (well not to all) that hibs and hearts are infact similar sized clubs with equal amount of potential. The "big team, wee team" ***** was only good to them when they at the height of their cheating years. Ask a jambo to justify the whole "big team, wee team" thing now and you'll get the whole "aww eh but but 5-1".

superfurryhibby
03-06-2018, 05:11 PM
The best part was rising from the ashes like a Phoenix and winning the Scottish League Cup/Skol Cup 1991/92 and saying to the football community as a whole GIRFUY!
The Hibees are back!

That was a fantastic Hibees moment. Only the fourth major cup win in our long history and done via a heroic cup campaign. What a way to come back from the brink after the whole debacle of Duff and Gray. The cup return to Easter Road that night was pretty immense in terms of emotional outpouring.

In terms of the footballing side of business Hibs had assets and no real debt. Bloody sin that the former Chairman of the Tory party used the two stooges to shaft Hibs, especially after raising so much cash from the fans. The unbelievable events that followed made it a memorable period in Hibs history.

Bostonhibby
03-06-2018, 05:34 PM
That was a fantastic Hibees moment. Only the fourth major cup win in our long history and done via a heroic cup campaign. What a way to come back from the brink after the whole debacle of Duff and Gray. The cup return to Easter Road that night was pretty immense in terms of emotional outpouring.

In terms of the footballing side of business Hibs had assets and no real debt. Bloody sin that the former Chairman of the Tory party used the two stooges to shaft Hibs, especially after raising so much cash from the fans. The unbelievable events that followed made it a memorable period in Hibs history.The stooges were just that but mercer really couldn't have done it without the backing he had from the Bank of Scotland. In true hearts tradition it was about other people's money. BOS got twitchy late on which left mercer exposed to having to rely on heavily overdrawn hearts money or his own. The rest is history.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2018, 05:51 PM
The Hibees are back!
https://youtu.be/jThEccKEYa8

The game against the old Rangers was particularly satisfying bearing in mind their spending power and the players they had available to them at that time. Many would say that was our Cup Final.

Still cannae believe that Murdo does not pass the cup back along the line !!

:not worth :flag:

jgl07
03-06-2018, 06:32 PM

In terms of the footballing side of business Hibs had assets and no real debt. Bloody sin that the former Chairman of the Tory party used the two stooges to shaft Hibs, especially after raising so much cash from the fans. The unbelievable events that followed made it a memorable period in Hibs history.

I was rewatching the Scotland's football series on television. The implication was that Rowlands offloaded his loss-making pub chain to Hibs and that was the major element in the losses.

Duff and Gray came across as well-meaning if crooked and wide open to manipulation by Rowlands.

superfurryhibby
03-06-2018, 06:50 PM
I was rewatching the Scotland's football series on television. The implication was that Rowlands offloaded his loss-making pub chain to Hibs and that was the major element in the losses.

Duff and Gray came across as well-meaning if crooked and wide open to manipulation by Rowlands.

I know that Duff was later jailed for crooked business dealings, not sure how well meaning he was at Hibs. He was well shafted by Rowland, who was clearly a total shark. Given Rowland had put money into Duff’s purchase, intent was surely always there?

Bostonhibby
03-06-2018, 07:14 PM
I know that Duff was later jailed for crooked business dealings, not sure how well meaning he was at Hibs. He was well shafted by Rowland, who was clearly a total shark. Given Rowland had put money into Duff’s purchase, intent was surely always there?It was. Rowlands wife was his ultimate undoing as far as his efforts to profit from the asset stripping of Hibernian was concerned.

Just like wally he was also a Tory party operator/chairman....worth looking up.

superfurryhibby
03-06-2018, 07:25 PM
It was. Rowlands wife was his ultimate undoing as far as his efforts to profit from the asset stripping of Hibernian was concerned.

Just like wally he was also a Tory party operator/chairman....worth looking up.

I knew he had been Tory chairman. Dodgy as ****, asset striping twat. Hibs had players like Goram and Collins on the books, the land was soon go be worth plenty as real estate. Do you know what Mercer was offering to hoover up the football side of things? My memory of all of this is cloudy.

Bostonhibby
03-06-2018, 07:34 PM
I knew he had been Tory chairman. Dodgy as ****, asset striping twat. Hibs had players like Goram and Collins on the books, the land was soon go be worth plenty as real estate. Do you know what Mercer was offering to hoover up the football side of things? My memory of all of this is cloudy.I've got the offer document somewhere. Need to get up the loft later!

CropleyWasGod
03-06-2018, 07:48 PM
I've got the offer document somewhere. Need to get up the loft later!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using TapatalkI think you'll find that it was 30 pieces of silver. That's what mine converted to.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
03-06-2018, 07:52 PM
I think you'll find that it was 30 pieces of silver. That's what mine converted to.

I just wrote to say if he'd give me his address I'd pop round for a face to face discussion, Never did get a reply.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2018, 08:10 PM
I remember at the time the HIBS Monthly or was it Mass Hibsteria christened him Wallet Mercenary. I for one have not set foot inside Tynecastle even for HIBS games since 1990 I refuse to give Hearts my money.
Wallet Mercenary definitely underestimated the strength of feeling, passion and bond that HIBS fans have for their club.

snooky
03-06-2018, 08:10 PM

It seems that the yams always benefit from investment being put in to their club in the form of loans, debt for equity, etc. that they fail to pay back, including the loans that they failed to repay prior to the Romanov revolution. We, on the other hand, were used as cash and collateral to suck investment out of the club for Avon Inns and other dubious enterprises. The money that was raised by the front men, Duff and Gray, was wrongly invested and not what I was buying shares to support. It still rankles with me. Duff the con artist, thankfully he got some measure of punishment.

Note to any Bears or Merricks looking in - this has nothing to do with religion.

jgl07
03-06-2018, 08:44 PM
I suspect that had the takeover succeeded, things would not be that much different except that Hibs would not be playing at Easter Road.

The new club would have been founded and come through the East of Scotland League and ended up in the SPL/Premiership within eight to ten years. AFC Wimbledon managed to start from scratch and come through the pyramid system remarkably quickly.

Wimbledon never had a fan-base anywhere near that of Hibs and they faced a far longer route back than Leith Hibernians would have had to encounter. OK there was no formal pyramid system in Scotland, but plenty of clubs found there way into the SFL over the years including Inverness, Ross County, Peterhead, Gretna, etc.

sadtom
03-06-2018, 09:47 PM
I remember at the time the HIBS Monthly or was it Mass Hibsteria christened him Wallet Mercenary. I for one have not set foot inside Tynecastle even for HIBS games since 1990 I refuse to give Hearts my money.
Wallet Mercenary definitely underestimated the strength of feeling, passion and bond that HIBS fans have for their club.

That was from my banner.
Wallet Mercer-nary
Hands Off Hibs
Was beside my other banner
Hibbies say
Dont pay
Smash the
Poll Tax
:-)
Came up with it myself.
Still got it. David Hardie contacted me for the 20th anniversary in the Evening news. Got the photo taken with myself and my laddies holding the banner.

BILLYHIBS
03-06-2018, 10:03 PM
That was from my banner.
Wallet Mercer-nary
Hands Off Hibs
Hibbies say
Dont pay
Smash the
Poll Tax
Came up with it myself.
Still got it. David Hardie contacted me for the 20th anniversary in the Evening news. Got the photo taken with myself and my laddies holding the banner.
Sounds as though Gibby the Grumpy Hibby has got some explaining to do.

A touch of plagiarism involved.

sadtom
03-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Sounds as though Gibby the Grumpy Hibby has got some explaining to do.

A touch of plagiarism involved.

Not that big a leap to reach that particular pun i guess. So possible both came up with it independently.
The photo of my banner did appear in the Punter (a scottish fitba mag) and the Evening News at the time.
I was a fan of the old glasgow gossip mag.

jdships
04-06-2018, 11:45 AM

attended most of the meetings at Craws Nest , assisting one of the principles , and there was no administration at that time

NAE NOOKIE
04-06-2018, 12:36 PM

I think that's a wee bit too simplistic mate. Duff and Gray were as much victims of the sharks as Hibs were in the end. I don't think Duff's interest in Hibs and making the club a success was anything other than genuine. Unfortunately for him and Gray the guy they got involved with to try and enable them to do that was the very worst type of crook and conman ... the type who work within the rules and can see a sucker coming from a hundred miles away, that's why the prisons are full of David Duffs and Monaco is full of David Rowlands.

The Avon Inns idea wasn't wrong in principle, unfortunately it was entirely the wrong business in which to try to diversify into.

Lets not forget that when it came to the crunch David Duff refused to sell his shares to Mercer at considerable financial and personal cost to himself ... that for me was a noble act and makes it unfair in my opinion to simply label the guy as a con man, at least in the context of his dealings with Hibernian football club .... whoever heard of a selfless con man?

superfurryhibby
04-06-2018, 12:42 PM
I think that's a wee bit too simplistic mate. Duff and Gray were as much victims of the sharks as Hibs were in the end. I don't think Duff's interest in Hibs and making the club a success was anything other than genuine. Unfortunately for him and Gray the guy they got involved with to try and enable them to do that was the very worst type of crook and conman ... the type who work within the rules and can see a sucker coming from a hundred miles away, that's why the prisons are full of David Duffs and Monaco is full of David Rowlands.

The Avon Inns idea wasn't wrong in principle, unfortunately it was entirely the wrong business in which to try to diversify into.

Lets not forget that when it came to the crunch David Duff refused to sell his shares to Mercer at considerable financial and personal cost to himself ... that for me was a noble act and makes it unfair in my opinion to simply label the guy as a con man, at least in the context of his dealings with Hibernian football club .... whoever heard of a selfless con man?

Was Duff incapable of due diligence when it came to purchasing Avon Inns? That was negligent at the very least. You’re right that he had a part in denying Mercer, but the fact that he was later jailed for fraud ( unconnected to Hibs) suggests to me that he was no saint.

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2018, 12:44 PM
That was from my banner.
Wallet Mercer-nary
Hands Off Hibs
Hibbies say
Dont pay
Smash the
Poll Tax
Came up with it myself.
https://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/events/hands-off-hibs
I think I found your image mate!
see link below superfurryhibby

superfurryhibby
04-06-2018, 12:46 PM
http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/events/hands-off-hibs

Bostonhibby
04-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Lets not forget that when it came to the crunch David Duff refused to sell his shares to Mercer at considerable financial and personal cost to himself ... that for me was a noble act and makes it unfair in my opinion to simply label the guy as a con man, at least in the context of his dealings with Hibernian football club .... whoever heard of a selfless con man?I don't entirely agree about the Avon Inns part of it. I think this was a deal struck whilst Duff was in fraud mode.

I just don't think he realised the size of the sharks he was swimming with at that point and what they'd planned next. He manfully held onto his shares, perhaps fearing the consequences at the time if he had sold Given the pressure that was building(?) but Sheila Rowlands attitude was key in my view.

Agree the rest of this.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2018, 12:51 PM
I knew he had been Tory chairman. Dodgy as ****, asset striping twat. Hibs had players like Goram and Collins on the books, the land was soon go be worth plenty as real estate. Do you know what Mercer was offering to hoover up the football side of things? My memory of all of this is cloudy.Offer was 40p per share. Valuing Hibs at £6.121 million . share price prior was 20.5p

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Many thanks super furry Hibby I s**** at IT born in the fifties.

:not worth

superfurryhibby
04-06-2018, 12:52 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rowland_(property_developer)

What a dirty man Rowland is. An asset striping ****. Tory loving and funding avoider of tax.

Ringothedog
04-06-2018, 12:54 PM
That was from my banner.
Wallet Mercer-nary
Hands Off Hibs
Hibbies say
Dont pay
Smash the
Poll Tax
Came up with it myself.
And our leaflets handed out in the Hibs club for sit down protests at the junction of leith Street and Waterloo place 👍

JeMeSouviens
04-06-2018, 01:00 PM
I don't entirely agree about the Avon Inns part of it. I think this was a deal struck whilst Duff was in fraud mode.

I just don't think he realised the size of the sharks he was swimming with at that point and what they'd planned next. He manfully held onto his shares, perhaps fearing the consequences at the time if he had sold Given the pressure that was building(?) but Sheila Rowlands attitude was key in my view.

Agree the rest of this.

Was the Avon Inns thing not part of Rowland's price for the deal?

Duff gets loan from Rowland to buy Hibs
Hibs is floated, ie. fans give cash to Duff
Duff uses cash to take Avon Inns off Rowland, who also gets a big wedge of Hibs' shares
Avon Inns big losses get Hibs into trouble
Mercer sniffs an opportunity to eliminate Hibs, giving more weight to him and David Murray's plan to use a new "super stadium" at Hermiston to burst the green belt
Murray's pals at BoS come in to fund the deal

... and they'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Hibs! :wink:

BILLYHIBS
And our leaflets handed out in the Hibs club for sit down protests at the junction of leith Street and Waterloo place 👍
See the link put up by supefurryhibby for image

Kato

Was Duff incapable of due diligence when it came to purchasing Avon Inns? That was negligent at the very least. You’re right that he had a part in denying Mercer, but the fact that he was later jailed for fraud ( unconnected to Hibs) suggests to me that he was no saint.

The idea put to Duff by Rowland was that Avon Inns would be a money spinner for the club. The financial crisis of 1989 meant the properties' value plummeted as did their business and money coming into Hibs was being used to keep Avon Inns afloat.

superfurryhibby
04-06-2018, 01:03 PM
The idea put to Duff by Rowland was that Avon Inns would be a money spinner for the club. The financial crisis of 1989 meant the properties' value plummeted as did their business and money coming into Hibs was being used to keep Avon Inns afloat.

The link says that Avon Inns were in receivership when purchased by Hibs for 5.75 million. I think you’re right, that was the line we were spun about the purchase.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Duff uses cash to take Avon Inns off Rowland, who also gets a big wedge of Hibs' shares
Mercer sniffs an opportunity to eliminate Hibs, giving more weight to him and David Murray's plan to use a new "super stadium" at Hermiston to burst the green belt

... and they'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Hibs! :wink:All of this makes sense to me

jgl07
04-06-2018, 01:11 PM

... and they'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky Hibs! :wink:

Is it possible that BoS, fearing for the consequences and adverse publicity, quietly pulled the plug on the merger?

superfurryhibby
04-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Is it possible that BoS, fearing for the consequences and adverse publicity, quietly pulled the plug on the merger?

The article says that Mercer couldn’t reach the figure for share ownership the bank demanded. The fat tory ******* also shat it when he realised that he might never be able to walk the streets in safety again had he been successful. Tribal parochialism won the day.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Is it possible that BoS, fearing for the consequences and adverse publicity, quietly pulled the plug on the merger?They were definitely getting pressure from customers once their involvement was given more exposure.

There was more than a suggestion of direct action at their branches and some of their cash machines as well.

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2018, 01:21 PM
They were definitely getting pressure from customers once their involvement was given more exposure.

There was more than a suggestion of direct action at their branches and some of their cash machines as well.

Had a lot of business dealings with BoS during my working life we used to refer to them as the cross we have to bear and the balls that they make of it referring to their logo.

JeMeSouviens
04-06-2018, 01:25 PM
The article says that Mercer couldn’t reach the figure for share ownership the bank demanded. The fat tory ******* also shat it when he realised that he might never be able to walk the streets in safety again had he been successful. Tribal parochialism won the day.

... which the utter cock then tried to blame on bigotry. :rolleyes: ****. :rolleyes:

Kato
04-06-2018, 01:34 PM

They were for it when it was put to them and the press as a "Merger". Once that was revealed as being Hibs going down the swanney and the "new club" being called Hearts, playing in maroon at Tynecastle they weren't too pleased

Kato
04-06-2018, 01:38 PM
The article says that Mercer couldn’t reach the figure for share ownership the bank demanded.

Don't think that was to do with the bank. Mercer needed 76% of the shares to close Hibs as a football club down, the 75% target being written into Hibs constitution. He reached 66%, but as both Sheila Rowland and David Duff refused to sell this left him short. Despite what he claimed he lost both the business argument and the social one.

superfurryhibby
04-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Don't think that was to do with the bank. Mercer needed 76% of the shares to close Hibs as a football club down, the 75% target being written into Hibs constitution. He reached 66%, but as both Sheila Rowland and David Duff refused to sell this left him short. Despite what he claimed he lost both the business argument and the social one.

You’re right.

Thank the Lord that Rowland had an estranged wife and that Daffy Duff grew some balls. It was a close shave.l

jgl07
04-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Don't think that was to do with the bank. Mercer needed 76% of the shares to close Hibs as a football club down, the 75% target being written into Hibs constitution.

According to our Maroon pals it is 51% to end a football club. Or was it 5-1?

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2018, 02:35 PM
According to our Maroon pals it is 51% to end a football club. Or was it 5-1?
We don’t talk about that on this website!

SideBurns
04-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Duff ended up in the jail a good bit further down the line for unrelated illegal business activities, but back then partially redeemed himself for his part in landing Hibs in the keech with his refusal to sell his shares to Mercer.

Of course, even in 2018, a businessman confirmed by a court of law as a crook and a liar can still be deemed a fit & proper person by the SFA to own a fitba club.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Duff ended up in the jail a good bit further down the line for unrelated illegal business activities, but back then partially redeemed himself for his part in landing Hibs in the keech with his refusal to sell his shares to Mercer.

Of course, even in 2018, a businessman confirmed by a court of law as a crook and a liar can still be deemed a fit & proper person by the SFA to own a fitba club.Aye but it's only okay if you plead guilty to 63 separate tax fraud charges. We don't just allow any old crook or fraudster to run a Scottish football club.

sadtom
04-06-2018, 04:34 PM
https://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/events/hands-off-hibs
I think I found your image mate!
see link below superfurryhibby

Yep. Thats one on the photos that were taken. Thats a youthful me above the r & y in mercer-nary. 😎

sadtom
04-06-2018, 04:35 PM

Haha. 😁 Indeed.

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Yep. Thats one on the photos that were taken. Thats a youthful me above the r & y in mercer-nary. 😎
Looking good mate looking good! I could not attend the rally as was flying out to Italia 90 that day.How times have changed.

Kaiser1962
04-06-2018, 06:35 PM
attended most of the meetings at Craws Nest , assisting one of the principles , and there was no administration at that time

We were in admin (as it was) for about 15 minutes in 1991 to split the club from Forth Investments. Rowland and Farmer couldn't agree a deal for the club (and properties associated with it) and receivers were called in for Forth Investments. Farmer dealt with them.

Kaiser1962
04-06-2018, 06:44 PM

It was Duff's 11% shareholding. Sheila Rowland voted against the takeover in the boardroom. She voted with Duff, Gray and Allan Munro against David Rowland and equally nauseous Jeremy James. David Rowland had already agreed to sell his 30% stake to Mercer which set the whole thing of.

brog
04-06-2018, 07:17 PM

This is as succinct a summary as I have seen. The only thing missing is that Squeaky Rowland & Mercer were in cahoots from a long way out. Remember these were the Thatcher years, asset stripping usually earned you a knighthood. What our gloating Jambo friends didnt realise was they were also going to be sold down the river with both Tiny & ER being sold to maximise profits for the 'shareholders'. There are many heroic stories from that time but there's no doubt Sheila Rowland played an absolutely pivotal part in our beloved club's survival.

NAE NOOKIE
04-06-2018, 10:43 PM

I never suggested he was mate .... but I am prepared to give credit where its due to a guy who did the right thing in the end so far as Hibs were concerned.

The documentary at the time shows pretty clearly that David Duff thought he was a very clever guy, who by his own admission soon found found out to his cost that he was nowhere near as clever as he thought he was and ended up way out of his depth when it came to the absolute **** he had gotten into bed with.

The real ****bag in the whole fiasco was David Rowland, an asset stripping carpet bagger with absolutely no moral compass and the sort of guy to whom the likes of David Duff are manna from heaven. The sort of guy who would unplug his mothers life support machine to charge his mobile phone.

BILLYHIBS
05-06-2018, 07:02 AM
A big thank you to David Duff and Sheila Rowland for not selling their shares to the dark side and doing the right thing.

:thumbsup: :flag:

Just Jimmy
05-06-2018, 07:40 AM
I wonder what they all thought when they heard Hibernian had won the Scottish cup in May 16?

Forza Fred
05-06-2018, 09:35 AM
1990 was a turbulent time here in Sydney too.

I actually received a phone call telling me of the crisis before it hit the papers in Edinburgh.

Ronnie Ferguson was chairman of the Hibs supporters association at the time, and rang me to tell me the Evening News were about to break the story and had phoned him for a quote.

I was also asked by a then Hibs Director to informally sound out Former Hibs goalie Jack Reilly, to see if the comments he apparently supplied to the Daily Record, were sound, where he effectively said that he was watching the Hibs situation and was ready to invest to save them.

Reilly was on the Victorian Soccer Federation at the time, and I took the day off work to track him down.

I told the Hibs Director my honest opinion of Reilly, but did eventually get him to return my calls, and without going into great detail, my opinion of him was correct and no financial aid was ever forthcoming.

I remember out here we got Hands Off Hibs stickers displayed on the telly, bombarded various media outlets, and generally wrote letters to Scottish Newspapers

It was about as much as we could do, and until recently (ie before I lost it) one of my dearest momentos was a letter from Bill Alcon at the time thanking me and the rest of the Oz branch for their support.

darwenhibby
05-06-2018, 01:24 PM
1990 was a turbulent time here in Sydney too.

I actually received a phone call telling me of the crisis before it hit the papers in Edinburgh.

Ronnie Ferguson was chairman of the Hibs supporters association at the time, and rang me to tell me the Evening News were about to break the story and had phoned him for a quote.

I was also asked by a then Hibs Director to informally sound out Former Hibs goalie Jack Reilly, to see if the comments he apparently supplied to the Daily Record, were sound, where he effectively said that he was watching the Hibs situation and was ready to invest to save them.

Reilly was on the Victorian Soccer Federation at the time, and I took the day off work to track him down.

I told the Hibs Director my honest opinion of Reilly, but did eventually get him to return my calls, and without going into great detail, my opinion of him was correct and no financial aid was ever forthcoming.

I remember out here we got Hands Off Hibs stickers displayed on the telly, bombarded various media outlets, and generally wrote letters to Scottish Newspapers

It was about as much as we could do, and until recently (ie before I lost it) one of my dearest momentos was a letter from Bill Alcon at the time thanking me and the rest of the Oz branch for their support.
Aye but the Lancashire Hibs has to take Bolton Hibee of your hands as part of the deal
Things we do for Hibs 😉🇳🇬🇳🇬
He was only meant to comeback for 2 years

stirlingbhoy
05-06-2018, 01:29 PM
this was in 1990...joe t and john collins with the proclaimers.....some away strip back then..

https://ibb.co/jEN43T

BILLYHIBS
05-06-2018, 01:37 PM
this was in 1990...joe t and john collins with the proclaimers.....some away strip back then..

https://ibb.co/jEN43T
Joe Joe Super Joe Super Tortolano absolute legend he was that bad he was good! Took a lot of pelters from a section of the crowd but in my eyes he was a hero could whip in a mean cross.

Apologies for the post got all excited when I downloaded your image.JC wisnae too bad either his head was still small then.

:not worth

GGTTH

Forza Fred
05-06-2018, 02:09 PM
Aye but the Lancashire Hibs has to take Bolton Hibee of your hands as part of the deal
Things we do for Hibs 😉🇳🇬🇳🇬
He was only meant to comeback for 2 years

We lobbied the Australian Department of Immigration to refue re-entry😂

Bishop Hibee
05-06-2018, 02:47 PM
I’ve actually got a few original “Hands off Hibs” stickers amongst my Hibs memorabilia. Dark times but the dawn wasn’t too far away.

Deansy
05-06-2018, 06:25 PM

I remember the FTB being interviewed on STV, insisting he was doing it so that Edinburgh had one super-team to challenge the 'Old ****' - the clown gave the game away, however, when he said - 'Why shouldn't John Collins play for Hearts' !

'............... Wallace Mercer, in partnership with the Rangers owner David Murray ...............'

Nuff said !

tamig
05-06-2018, 06:49 PM

He wasn’t a saint but he and his brother in law were duped big time by the scheister Rowland. Duff could quite easily have sold his shares for £2m and fled back down south. Good on him for standing up to the despicable six feet under.

Waxy
06-06-2018, 11:33 AM
The jambos tried to buy us out of business. We’ll always have to be on our toes in future and be ultra careful where the control is.

tamig
06-06-2018, 11:37 AM
The jambos tried to buy us out of business. We’ll always have to be on our toes in future and be ultra careful where the control is.

Hence HSL.